All Race Entry Reviews

Reviewed May 2022

Rock Solid Product with Stellar Customer Support

Real Estate, 2-10 employees

Tooele Kiwanis Club 5K RAce

They keep updating and improving the system each year. I have had no problems and have had great support from the owner and staff.

PROS

It is rather easy to get around and make changes. User friendly.

CONS

I have not found anything I don't like. I have been happy with the service.

Michael- Thanks for the kind review!

Jon

Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Reviewed February 2021

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is the absolute best

I have no complaints, very happy with race entry.

PROS

The purpose of this review is not so much about the software, but it is mostly to give high praise to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and his work ethic. I have done a lot of charity races/golf tournaments in my 20 year career, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] by far has been the best in the business! He is knowledgeable, friendly, supportive and he truly cares if my event is a success.

CONS

I have no complaints about the software. Over the years, I have made suggestions to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and I know he has gone to the developers and implemented some of these changes.

Thanks for your words about your rep and the software. We will be sure to pass along your feedback.

Replied February 2021

Christian

Non-Profit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

Reviewed November 2018

Race entry review from large race

PROS

the data analytics options were easy to use and had great tools

CONS

The learning curve can be steep at first

Thanks for the review. If there are any features you are finding difficult to learn we would be happy to hop on a quick tutorial demo, or answer any questions we can for you.

Replied February 2023

Jonathan

Reviewed February 2018

Software has been exceptionally easy to implement, administer, and user friendly on the front end.

PROS

Our account manager, has been phenomenal in responding to our questions and assisting with any needs that we have with the software. His hospitality and willingness to assist at any time has elevated our experience with Race Entry. The platform is very user friendly on the front end for our participants and we have received very positive feedback in regards to Race Entry in comparison to the previous platform we used. The registration pricing is competitive and the donation fees are good. The software allows us to sale merchandise during the sign-up process which helped increase our overall merchandise sales for the year by 130%

CONS

Changes that can be made to the front end are quite basic; however, they fulfill every need we have and can still be influenced enough to present aesthetically to the customer. We saw our online donations go down when we began to use Race Entry due to a button that allows a participant to move through the donation page quickly without having to scroll through the page.

Jonathan thank you for your review. We use to not have the button at the top of the charitable donation page, but we had races complain that they wanted a quicker way for people to register that did not want to donate. Due to your feedback we have now made it so that you have a setting that you can pick if you want a continue button at the top or not. You can force people to scroll to the bottom as you desired now. Contact Jared and he can give you a quick demo of this.

Used less than 2 years

Reviewed February 2020

Race Entry: First Place for Race Registration

I've used Race Entry for several events now, and have yet to find a better alternative. Highly recommended, if you can find some in-depth tutorials, or someone else who has used it before. Still, their customer service is on point, so any questions you have will be answered one way or another.

PROS

Race Entry allows you to create a racing event and manage the details, including the trail(s), participants, merchandise, and funding. You can also search the results of the race (and others you may be interested in), as can the participants. There is a free demo, and the map creation is free as well. There are also little features that you wouldn't think of immediately, such as the ability to customize the colors on your registration. There's a lot to work with.

CONS

The tutorials could be a bit more intuitive, and there aren't many online that I could find. The tutorials given are simple and easy, but they don't go too in-depth, and you'll have to figure out a lot of the software yourself unless you want to contact customer support (which, thankfully, is really good).

Thanks for the great review. We will look to expand our tutorials. Glad to hear your customer service was solid.

Replied February 2020

1 employee

Best customer service

The marketing tools are impressive - the referral system and the fundraising options really help attract participants. Most importantly, the customer service is five star. I think I am a mess to deal with, but Customer service agent is persistent and patient. he is quick to respond and resolve. You can't get that kind of personal attention from other sites.

PROS

This is by far the most attractive system out there. The registration site is bright and attractive as well as being user friendly. The reports are easy to pull us, the options for marketing and fundraising are the best I have seen on the market.

CONS

Can't think of any. I have not found anything I don't like. I am not kidding.

Thanks for the terrific review.

Shawn

Non-Profit Organization Management, 2-10 employees

Race Entry

PROS

The customer service is the best. It’s also easy to duplicate our events.

CONS

- not user friendly - needs a face lift that is more 2018 - features to add multiple admins so you don’t have to add in every event. - make the registration options more flashy

Shawn- Thank you for the feedback. I don't know if you have put all your events into a company yet, but if you create a company in the software you can add a new user to every single race all at the same time. I would love to know what some of your specific thoughts about the design are. If you have a free moment please pass some of this feedback along to your rep, or to the support team at: support@raceentry.com Thanks for your business!

Small Organization Fundraiser Use

Love it! Would 100% use it again.

PROS

It was super helpful with organizing registrations and made keeping track of the registration funds so simple.

CONS

The only thing I would change about the software is to make the interface a bit more customizeable. We wanted to incorporate some student developed design in our portal but weren't able to.

We would love to know more specifically what you had needed to do with student designs. If it is some art that can be incorporated on your form. When you have a free moment let us know what was desired more specifically and maybe we can help you with it at: support@raceentry.com Thanks for using Race Entry, and let us know how we can help!

Easy to Use Software

For a small non-profit race like ours, this platform has been the perfect solution.

PROS

The platform is easy to set up, very easy to use, it puts all of your information in one easy-to-access place, and it gives easy access to all of your timing people and other vendors. I wouldn't use anything else!

CONS

The charts and graphs are buggy occasionally and not always intuitive.

Thanks for the kind review.

Scott

Sports, 2-10 employees

Race Entry Online Software Review

Race Entry is our first foray into online registration. Due to their customer service, we'll continue to use them and would recommend them as a race registration solution.

PROS

The software is relatively intuitive and well thought out. It's not overly bloated and is highly configurable.

CONS

Race Entry is a "relatively" new company. They don't have a "natural" reach of clients like Active.

Scott thank you for the review. While I can't go back in time to make us an older company I am glad to hear you seem to like how the software works. Thanks again for the review and if ever you need anything reach out to us at: support@raceentry.com

Derek

Non-Profit Organization Management, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2018

A great product with some bugs

It has been okay. Sometimes it is frustrating when the settings are so rigid and it takes a far amount of time to get it fixed.

PROS

The way the data is collect and easy of registration.

CONS

The lack of flexibility and customization.

Derek- It sounds like you have had a few issues with the software. I would love a chance to learn some more of the specifics, so that we can improve. If you don't mind please send us a note with some of the specifics of what you experienced at: support@raceentry.com

Sara

Religious Institutions, 11-50 employees

Used less than 12 months

Great Online Option for Regsitration

Almost a little too helpful with the set up. I could easily do 99% of it on my own. I just had one minor question. You have done a great job at making a user friendly system so let your users enjoy it! It would be nice if the payments we received from you included a list of the participants those payments cover. We can figure it out fairly easily with the dates but it would save our bookkeeping staff that extra step of looking it up. Overall, a great and wonderfully positive experience.

PROS

It was super easy to use and super easy to set up our race. Lots of features that we have the option to use as our race (hopefully) continues to grow in popularity. Also, it was easy to get in touch with customer support with any questions we had.

CONS

None - it was a huge improvement for us over our previous system.

Sara- Thanks for the very kind review. I think we actually have something that will help you with that request for a report of runners tied to the payment. If you go to the financial table that shows all the individual payments you can see what orders are tied to a given runner by simply clicking on any one of the totals in the total column. If you need further help finding this please drop us a line at: support@raceentry.com We want to make sure to help you find the data you need. Thanks for using Race Entry!

Alex

Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Reviewed February 2021

RaceEntry: Easiest Platform Out There

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been an integral part of our team in creating and managing our RaceEntry account, we could not have asked for a better representative!

PROS

RaceEntry is extremely easy to use and maneuver through the system/software.

CONS

I do believe the software could have a cleaner, more modern look to it.

Reasons for switching to Race Entry

Race Planner was far too complicated and difficult to maneuver.

Alex thank you for your thoughts. We are currently working on some pretty big improvements to the site look and feel. I would love to get some of your specific recomendations when you have a free moment. We love customer feedback, and any areas you specifically felt were dated we would love to hear about to make sure that it is part of our updated look we are working on right now.

Replied February 2021

Kendra

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Race Entry review

PROS

There are lots of options and you are able to copy your data over from year to year.

CONS

The cost that it takes to operate it and the fact that there is nothing that perhaps makes you go through everything to make sure you have everything filled out to be successful.

Kendra- Thank you for the nice review. It sounds like you needed a bit more help with the set up of your form. We have many growth tools that might be interesting to you, and I would love to know if there were specific things you felt were lacking during the set up process. If you have some specific, or even if you would like some quick help with your event feel free to reach out to your account rep, or drop us a line at: support@raceentry.com We want to make sure your event is a success, so let us know how we can help.

Leslie

Education Management, 2-10 employees

Used less than 2 years

Worth the Money!

Very good. Customer service is excellent.

PROS

Access to wording and ease, ability to add what we wanted such as maps and pictures

CONS

Maybe too many buttons? I was always trying to find the spot that I was trying to get to. Of course, that's probably more user error than the actual software. :-)

Leslie- Thank you for the feedback. We often try to be too much to too many people. While we can't please everyone we sure try our best at it. I suppose when we add many features it can make it difficult to find the specific ones that you want to use. We try hard to put the most used features in the most prominent locations. I would love to know which items you found hard to be difficult to locate. If you don't mind send us an email with what you have found hard to find, and we will see if it is something we can make more accessible. Email us at: support@raceentry.com

Sam

Sports, 2-10 employees

Easy to use!

Race Entry is really easy to work with and they are able to customize things to fit the needs of the races I host.

PROS

I really like how easy it is to set up. The customer services is great and they can customize to fit my needs.

CONS

Nothing really. Although I wish (and maybe they do this and I haven't looked into it) they did chip timing for events.

Sam- Thank you for your review. You are right that we do not at this time do race timing. We stick to race registration, but we do have a lot of nice tools for timers like online race results, an API into the 3 big race scoring software companies, etc. Thanks for using Race Entry.

Miki

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Review from Miki

Nothing bad, all great!

PROS

Excellent Customer support! we have been using Race Entry for 3 years and it gets easier every year :) Not to mention, whenever i need help, he is there! So appreciative.

CONS

I wish charity page is separate from race fundraiser.

Miki- If I understand correctly you want the fundraising to be not part of your race. We have considered making the fundraising feature separated, and now hearing that you would like this it reinforces our idea. We would not force a separation, but allow for it. Thanks for the feedback. We will take it back to the dev team.

Megan