All Race Entry Reviews

Rock Solid Product with Stellar Customer Support

Used less than 2 years

Reviewed February 2020

Race Entry: First Place for Race Registration

I've used Race Entry for several events now, and have yet to find a better alternative. Highly recommended, if you can find some in-depth tutorials, or someone else who has used it before. Still, their customer service is on point, so any questions you have will be answered one way or another.

PROS

Race Entry allows you to create a racing event and manage the details, including the trail(s), participants, merchandise, and funding. You can also search the results of the race (and others you may be interested in), as can the participants. There is a free demo, and the map creation is free as well. There are also little features that you wouldn't think of immediately, such as the ability to customize the colors on your registration. There's a lot to work with.

CONS

The tutorials could be a bit more intuitive, and there aren't many online that I could find. The tutorials given are simple and easy, but they don't go too in-depth, and you'll have to figure out a lot of the software yourself unless you want to contact customer support (which, thankfully, is really good).

Thanks for the great review. We will look to expand our tutorials. Glad to hear your customer service was solid.

Replied February 2020

Jon

Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Reviewed February 2021

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is the absolute best

I have no complaints, very happy with race entry.

PROS

The purpose of this review is not so much about the software, but it is mostly to give high praise to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and his work ethic. I have done a lot of charity races/golf tournaments in my 20 year career, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] by far has been the best in the business! He is knowledgeable, friendly, supportive and he truly cares if my event is a success.

CONS

I have no complaints about the software. Over the years, I have made suggestions to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and I know he has gone to the developers and implemented some of these changes.

Thanks for your words about your rep and the software. We will be sure to pass along your feedback.

Replied February 2021

Christian

Non-Profit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

Reviewed November 2018

Race entry review from large race

PROS

the data analytics options were easy to use and had great tools

CONS

The learning curve can be steep at first

Thanks for the review. If there are any features you are finding difficult to learn we would be happy to hop on a quick tutorial demo, or answer any questions we can for you.

Replied February 2023

Jonathan

Reviewed February 2018

Software has been exceptionally easy to implement, administer, and user friendly on the front end.

PROS

Our account manager, has been phenomenal in responding to our questions and assisting with any needs that we have with the software. His hospitality and willingness to assist at any time has elevated our experience with Race Entry. The platform is very user friendly on the front end for our participants and we have received very positive feedback in regards to Race Entry in comparison to the previous platform we used. The registration pricing is competitive and the donation fees are good. The software allows us to sale merchandise during the sign-up process which helped increase our overall merchandise sales for the year by 130%

CONS

Changes that can be made to the front end are quite basic; however, they fulfill every need we have and can still be influenced enough to present aesthetically to the customer. We saw our online donations go down when we began to use Race Entry due to a button that allows a participant to move through the donation page quickly without having to scroll through the page.

Jonathan thank you for your review. We use to not have the button at the top of the charitable donation page, but we had races complain that they wanted a quicker way for people to register that did not want to donate. Due to your feedback we have now made it so that you have a setting that you can pick if you want a continue button at the top or not. You can force people to scroll to the bottom as you desired now. Contact Jared and he can give you a quick demo of this.

Patrick

Primary/Secondary Education, 11-50 employees

Reviewed March 2020

Exceptionally great customer service

Superior service. They make it easy for me.

PROS

The fee is lower and the service is way better than Active.com. Emailed questions and requests are addressed immediately.

CONS

I have an idea for a feature: For annual races such as the LL, create standings with course records and division records. I am sure fast runners would like to see their name on top of the list.

Reason for choosing Race Entry

see above

Reasons for switching to Race Entry

They made the $5 donation option required. This resulted in a huge drop in registrations. They did not seem to care.

Thanks for the great review, and for the idea. I agree that people would love to see course records. It probably would require event directors to put a little extra effort in adjusting records, because we would only know fastest times for what was uploaded into our system. There may be past race results outside the system. I do like the idea, and we may implement this in the future.

Replied March 2020

1 employee

Best customer service

The marketing tools are impressive - the referral system and the fundraising options really help attract participants. Most importantly, the customer service is five star. I think I am a mess to deal with, but Customer service agent is persistent and patient. he is quick to respond and resolve. You can't get that kind of personal attention from other sites.

PROS

This is by far the most attractive system out there. The registration site is bright and attractive as well as being user friendly. The reports are easy to pull us, the options for marketing and fundraising are the best I have seen on the market.

CONS

Can't think of any. I have not found anything I don't like. I am not kidding.

Thanks for the terrific review.

Shawn

Race Entry

PROS

The customer service is the best. It’s also easy to duplicate our events.

CONS

- not user friendly - needs a face lift that is more 2018 - features to add multiple admins so you don’t have to add in every event. - make the registration options more flashy

Shawn- Thank you for the feedback. I don't know if you have put all your events into a company yet, but if you create a company in the software you can add a new user to every single race all at the same time. I would love to know what some of your specific thoughts about the design are. If you have a free moment please pass some of this feedback along to your rep, or to the support team at: support@raceentry.com Thanks for your business!

Small Organization Fundraiser Use

Love it! Would 100% use it again.

PROS

It was super helpful with organizing registrations and made keeping track of the registration funds so simple.

CONS

The only thing I would change about the software is to make the interface a bit more customizeable. We wanted to incorporate some student developed design in our portal but weren't able to.

We would love to know more specifically what you had needed to do with student designs. If it is some art that can be incorporated on your form. When you have a free moment let us know what was desired more specifically and maybe we can help you with it at: support@raceentry.com Thanks for using Race Entry, and let us know how we can help!

Rock Solid Product with Stellar Customer Support

Very quick to respond to needs, and support emails. We have been very pleased to use Race Entry for our needs.

PROS

Race Entry is intuitive. Features are easy to find and work the way you would expect them to work.

CONS

No support for multi language. We are limited in which races we can use with Race Entry because we can only use English.

Thank you for the feedback. We have intent to become more international friendly with translation tools. We would love to know which countries your races are in that we should translate for first. If you have a free moment drop us a line at: support@raceentry.com

Easy to Use Software

For a small non-profit race like ours, this platform has been the perfect solution.

PROS

The platform is easy to set up, very easy to use, it puts all of your information in one easy-to-access place, and it gives easy access to all of your timing people and other vendors. I wouldn't use anything else!

CONS

The charts and graphs are buggy occasionally and not always intuitive.

Thanks for the kind review.

Jeremiah

Recreational Facilities and Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2018

I have used many and this is the BEST race registration platform out there!

We were able to sign up thousands of participants and their growth tools helped us to get more runners.

PROS

Super easy to use software. I especially love their customer support. They have made more than one custom feature for me and it was finished quickly!

CONS

I wish there was more TLC to the fundraising pages. They work great, and helped us raise money, but I think they could refine the design a bit on this part of their software.

Tabitha

Government Relations, 11-50 employees

Used less than 2 years

Reviewed September 2018

Useful but couldn't get money back

See pros and cons...

PROS

Easy to use and navigate. Was able to print of racer's information.

CONS

There was a racer who paid twice, and we tried to contact you but no one responded and we had to deal with refund including the money you received. I would like to be able to print off a list with the racer's name, age, shirt size, and race so we could highlight check ins.

Tabitha- Sorry you had a troublesome experience with the refunds. In the future if you need to do a refund that can be done easily by going to your view participants page, and then click the name of the runner. On that page there is a refund link right at the top of the page. You can pick the amount to refund. As far as the check in options we have a check in ap, we have a check in page on the site, and you can download and print your participants as you had wanted. It sounds like it may be a good idea for us to set up a quick call to show you how to do a few of the things you had wanted to do. We are happy to help. Fee free to reach out to your rep anytime, or contact us at: support@raceentry.com We want to make sure to help with all your concerns. Thanks for the review.

Heather

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2018

This has made my life so much easier

This has simplified the registration process and given the participant an opportunity to fix or change their registrations without needing to contact race officials. We have to do very little to get the information we need from participants. It has completely streamlined the whole process.

PROS

It is very intuitive - it is clearly designed by someone who has had frustrations with past platforms.

CONS

Sometimes I have to go looking for features that I feel should be easier to find.

Heather- We would love to know which features were difficult to find. We have seen a couple other reviews with similar feedback. If we can see a common thread of what we have not made easy to find we certainly want to make adjustments. If you have a free moment send us a quick note to support@raceentry.com and thanks for your nice review!

Anne

Sports, 2-10 employees

Registration platform

My account rep is VERY responsive to my needs. He has implemented the requests I have had to the platform and helps me when I can't make something right.

PROS

I like the ability to customize the registration page with colors and questions easily. The creation of races from one year to another is seamless. Very nice and only takes a second.

CONS

Adding images to emails is a little unclear if they attach in the confirmation email. While the graphs are nice to have, they are still missing some more in depth data points. The email platform that we send to participants has an antiquated look. Very basic looking. The formatting capabilities are limited in the form.

Anne- Thanks for the feedback. We are actually in the process of adding much more design capabilities to the Email mass mail feature. Thanks for using Race Entry, and thanks for the review.

Katie

Race Director

PROS

Easy to use with options for discount codes and adding family Members

CONS

All worked great for us! Only glitch was we found it hard to naviagte runners logging in to change their info.

Katie- Thanks for the feedback! One cool trick with runners editing their info is to have them simply click the "edit registration" button in their confirmation email. No log in needed if they click that button in their confirmation email. I would love to know more about the specific issues experienced while logging in, so that this method can be improved. If you don't mind please send us an email to: support@raceentry.com

Rene

Love this software!

Would use this software again, in a minute!

PROS

Wide audience. Actually worked for me in Atlanta, Ga

CONS

Pricing is the main issue with the software.

Thanks for the great review. I am not sure if it has been mentioned to you or not, but we pay your credit card fees for you out of our online fee, so about half of the online fee is just covering your credit card fees. We have one of the lowest pricing structures in the industry. The company was created by race organizers and race participants, so we are very sensitive to keeping online fees low to help participation rates high. Thank you for using Race Entry!

Steven

Events Services, 2-10 employees

Race Entry Review

PROS

Ease of use and options available for a race

CONS

Flexibility not there for non race events

Steven- Thanks for your kind review. I am not sure if your account rep informed you about our sister site yet, but strideevents.com can handle all events that are not races. The nice thing is it utilizes a single sign on, so you can use your same log in credentials to sing in at Stride Events that you have been using at Race Entry. If you are interested to see a quick demo reach out to your rep, or to our support team at: support@raceentry.com Thanks for your business, and let us know how we can help serve you better!

Amber