• Pros

• "It's really easy to use simple and fast it has access to so much information "

• "Integration was easy for our practice. We love the ability to access from anywhere."

• "Lots of great features. Great organization of client info."

• Cons

• "It does take a while to learn most of the features but it is worth the time."

• "We have to evaluate how much storage we need and sometimes that needs to be expanded. Although it is easy to do, it is just something that needs to be handled by our office administrators."

• "Text is small, but that could be that I haven't figure out to make it larger in the settings. Sometimes when accessing our network from the cloud it tends to run a little slower. "

Browse Abacus Private Cloud Reviews

James from James A. Farr, Attorney At Law

ABACUS PRIVATE CLOUD - EXCEPTIONAL QUALITY, RELIABILITY & SERVICE

This platform outsources office computing (in my case, for a law office) to a proven, trusted vendor that provides excellent customer service, reliability and stability. This enables smaller companies (like mine) to take advantage of economies of scale; and achieve levels of quality, security and dependability in their computing network that otherwise would be to costly if done with local servers and IT support. This is a truly game-changing platform; professionally implemented by a company of top notch network and data center experts. I am completely satisified with Abacus Private Cloud.

Pros

I have used Abacus Private Cloud since 06/14. Reliability, connectivity, uptime, and customer support are excellent. I eliminated local server hardware, local IT support, and local backups. My decision to go with with Abacus Private Cloud was the best decision I have made in 20 years of using computers in my law office.

Cons

Seriously, i have not found any downsides to this platform.

Jennifer from Gabriela J. Matthews & Associates, PA

Fantastic cloud product

I am very pleased with this product.

Pros

I was worried about transitioning all of our data to the cloud but could not be more pleased with this product. I especially love the ability to work from any computer anywhere. The product is stable and reliable.

Cons

There were some things that did not transfer from our prior legal software but the important things all transferred.

Reasons for Choosing Abacus Private Cloud

This checked off all the boxes for all the things that we were looking for.

Reasons for Switching to Abacus Private Cloud

Time Matters had many glitches and was not reliable. The system would crash often. Plus, they did not have case management software that we needed.

DAniel from Platform Tax & Consulting

Happy about the effort and response.

A roller coaster ride. There are good and bad things about this set up and company. I know they went through some growing pains themselves and we road along with them. I fee like they are heading in the right directions and making progress.

Pros

It is cloud based Uses the remote desktop system Creates a remote environment to function in. Security Support response has been getting better each year.

Cons

The overall cost is twice as much as everyone else. The control over the Office 365 account makes it difficult to efficiently function with our growing company. There have been features with the office 365 account that we would like to explore but can't because of the lack of control we have over the account. The constant issues that come up where the issue is tied to server resources or the lack there of. After two years I would hope the server needs were more dialed in. I also don't get the feeling that anyone takes the time to understand a 3rd party software. We use Lacerte, along with "1000" other clients, and there doesn't seem to be a Lacerte expert nor is there a partnership with Intuit to install it correctly in a terminal server environment. I have had 4 different people install lacerte it different ways (on the X drive, on the C drive, on a separate SSD drive,)

Reasons for Choosing Abacus Private Cloud

At the time the promised services were appealing for what we were trying to accomplish. Price point made sense because we "wouldn't need" internal I.T support. We later found out that wasn't the case.

Reasons for Switching to Abacus Private Cloud

Abacus bought out Cloud Nine and initially made aggressive promises about their company and system. Our biggest regret is signing a long term contract with them.

Jeff from 1031 Strategies & Services Group

Abacus Private Cloud is a game changer

They have been great to work with - excellent product with great support behind it!

Pros

Easy to implement, flexibility for our workforce, and secure

Cons

Really have not come across any cons up to this point.

Reasons for Choosing Abacus Private Cloud

Installing our own network would have been far greater in cost and the daily maintenance would have been overwhelming for just 1 person to attempt to manage, with the Abacus team behind us, we have an entire support organization behind us for all our users to be successful.

Reasons for Switching to Abacus Private Cloud

We needed to allow for our workforce to be more flexible to work in virtually any location - office, home, client's location.

Lynn from Lynn A. Gross, CPA LLC

Support, Support, Support!

We are not thrilled but I have not found another provider to house all the software that we use. The search will continue and we will be out when our contract is up

Pros

After you get a support person, the support is very good. They can always fix our problem

Cons

Password resets Lacerte updates To be told to complete a support ticket, when my work depends on getting help with a problem, is very frustrating. I just have to shut down and quit working. Other practitioners just laugh at the price that we are paying for Abacus.

More cost effective Integration with Office Tools

Greg from Watson Metals

Software=Yes / Service = Could be Better

The software has functioned very well. Very few problems. The service side of the business really needs some improving. Many times calling in to the help line can easily take up to 20 minutes of holding or longer before a tech can assist me. The online portal is getting better with more available actions but still many times the need to talk to a tech is required. Adding users has taken up to 7 days for me. The service problem is my main disappointment with AbacusNext.

Pros

I like the ease of access and security of this program.

Cons

It is very locked down. Not able to easily update QuickBooks or other programs because of security settings.

Reasons for Switching to Abacus Private Cloud

Better security, better performance and the promise of better service

Izzy from Gabriela Matthews and Associates

Great Fast and Easy

Great, Amazing experience

Pros

It's really easy to use simple and fast it has access to so much information

Cons

We cannot have certain software updates on apps we use because they're not compatible

Reasons for Switching to Abacus Private Cloud

Time matters did not offer everything we needed and that Abacus has

Frederick from Law Office of Frederick R. Dempsey

What Happened?

It used to be a responsive tech provider.

Pros

I have used Abacus software for about eight years, and Abacus Private Cloud/Next since it began. Until yesterday, I have received good technical support. I have now called eight times in the last 24 hours, and no one will return my call. I did receive an email from someone - once - who said he had called and left a message, but no call or message was received on my phone. I even used a separate phone on one call, in case they were blocking my number for some reason, but still no call back. I emailed the person who emailed me, and still no response. I cannot have my law practice shut down for a day - or more - just because some sharp MBA manager outsourced their tech support to ... god knows where!

Cons

It is vastly to complicated to use for any law firm smaller than 50 lawyers.

Mistake

Carol from Donald S Bicking & Associates

Cloud based services

Overall, I like the remote access capability far more than services like Logmein or PC Anywhere. The screen quality (size and pixels) is so much better, and so much easier on the eyes. Access to scanner, fax and printer all seem to work well, too.

Pros

The advantage to the system for me is the ability to log into my desktop when at a client's location. It allows me real time access to the tax and accounting software, documents in our client management system, email and my calendar.

Cons

When the system is down, you are dead in the water. You loose access to everything!! No client phone numbers, email, your calendar, etc, in addition to the various software programs. The frequency of service interruption - I loose connection at least once a day. During the peak periods in tax season, it happened many times a day. It also happened routinely at the same time every evening. Customer service said they would track to figure out why, but it never happened after repeated requests. Customer service has been very responsive lately, but previously, if you called after about 11 AM EST, you never heard back and would need to recall the next day. Once you get a hold of someone, they are very helpful.

Mike from Strazzeri Mancini

Still working out problems 4 years later

Technical Support is usually difficult to connect with (1-2 hour wait for a call back). Would like to say they are excellent, but reliable is the best I can say.

Pros

APC is not software, but a cloud server. It has been convenient being able to access our files remotely.

Cons

Implementation did not start for 9 months after signing agreement. Implementation was forced to happen by us.

Reasons for Choosing Abacus Private Cloud

We were already under contract. We do not want to move, but are looking for better support from APC. They have restructured their team and the experience is improving.

Reasons for Switching to Abacus Private Cloud

We wanted to switch from Time Matters (CRM) to AbacusLaw (CRM). Required us to be on Abacus Private Cloud (APC).

Response from AbacusNext

Replied August 2020

Hi Mike, Thank you for your feedback. you mention that there are still problems being worked out. Do you have any specific issues you'd like me to escalate to our support leadership team?

Elliott from Law Office of Elliott Kanter

Abacus Private Cloud Review

I like the product very much. I compared it recently to other legal software programs that have similar functions and I think this one with all the additional features works the best for my office.

Pros

I like the integration of the court forms with the client base. The calendaring is excellent. If one uses the notes it is easy to keep track of the clients' information and keeps them updated. The ease of logging on from off-site is easy. We were able to have everyone work from home within 2 days of implementation. We don't need physical files and can put the clients' entire file on a dvd for storage. Service has always been very good. They walk you through what they are doing so you know how to do in in the future if necessary.

Cons

It is a bit expensive, and I would like them to give us a break on the price when we add users. Some part time users cost the same as full time. I would like it to integrate with an accounting program like QuickBooks.

Reasons for Choosing Abacus Private Cloud

I had been using the Abacus program for many years and liked their approach to a cloud based program. We didn't have to do much in the way of conversion.

Misty from Robertson & Associates, CPAs

Growing Pains

Pros

We came into Abacus Private Cloud after attending a show in Las Vegas, CA to review OfficeTools. The companies were merging which seemed like a natural progression for us however, there were many bugs to work out with our cloud environment. It has become rather pricey to function and OfficeTools was delayed by almost a year. Now we lack much support and contact on OfficeTools from our original pitch.

Cons

It is very expensive and there seems to be bottlenecks even on the items I have been given admin rights to address such as password resets.

Anne from Every & Stack

Easy file sharing and information retrieval

Positive. It allows us to keep records on a large number of clients and files and to allow anyone in the office to retrieve the file. We are now able to retrieve 12 years of file information at the click of a mouse. Being able to view the calendar and files when we are cut off from the physical office is a wonderful perk.

Pros

We started with Abacus back in 2008 and switched to the Private Cloud about 4 years ago. Our office is on a barrier island in Florida so the Cloud made sense to us. We are able to work from home after evacuation orders are in place (until we loose power and internet) and don't have to worry about whether our backups are in a safe place -- all our information is safe and available to us through remote access. We love the fact we can open any client's file from any workstation and answer their questions. No more running around looking for a physical file before we can help them.

Cons

Lag times. On a normal in-office day everything usually runs fine. Except when the internet is down. Then all work grinds to a halt. When working offsite there can be a lag or delay that can get irritating. We also have several office staff members who are resistant to training and do not use it to its full ability. The same staff members are highly critical when glitches occur.

Reasons for Choosing Abacus Private Cloud

They simply couldn't do everything Abacus Private Cloud does. In addition the amount of data that would not be able to be transitioned to a different system made it not even worth the effort to downsize our existing programs.

Norman from Norman J. Ullom-Morse, Attorney at Law

Industry: Law Practice

Moving to the Abacus cloud was quick and expertly executed. Very Pleased!

I run my entire law practice using Abacus Law and APC.

Pros

Abacus Law is indispensable in my practice. I've used it for many years and have adapted it to the specific areas of my practice. The calendaring system keeps me on track so that I meet all deadlines on time. Using Rules in calendaring allows me to enter many calendar items at once with just a few mouse clicks. Form generation and Outlook integration are wonderful features and easy to use. All of this is made even better using Abacus Private Cloud. Not only is Abacus Law always up-to-date, but Office 365 is always current as well. Additionally, not enough can be said for the excellent customer and technical support services provided by Abacus Law experts. I can say without hesitation that if you have an occasion to need help with an issue you will be very pleased with the attention you will receive. I used Abacus Law from an office-based server for many years. Servers aren't cheap. I upgraded my server every 4 to 5 years. Paying an IT tech to install the server, load all the software, and get all workstations connected more than doubled the cost of the server. Furthermore, I had the recurring cost of maintenance, protection against viruses, spyware, malware, ransomware etc, plus the cost of off-site backups. All those issues were a drain on my productivity and nerves. Therefore, I pulled the trigger and moved to Abacus Private Cloud. I'm extremely pleased with how easy the transition went. APC has it all figured out.

Cons

I have no real criticism to report. On my wish list would be a more robust word processing capability in the Notes windows, which would automatically check spelling and allow for easy-to-insert macros for boilerplate text entry - similar to quickparts and autocorrect features in Word.

Response from Abacus Data Systems

Replied June 2017

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback about your experience with Abacus. We are delighted to serve you with technology solutions that help you run your firm efficiently and securely!

Denise from Accounting Plus, Inc.

Accounting Plus, Inc. Review

We work with the customer service team at Abacus on a regular basis and I can't say enough good things about this group. They are patient, persistent, and easy to work with. We've also worked with staff and managers in other departments at Abacus and have had nothing but great experiences.

Pros

Our company migrated to APC from a set of 3 in-house legacy servers running all of our firm's software programs. We were vulnerable not only to hardware and software issues, but to the potential hacking of the very sensitive data we had collected over 15+ years in business. Our move to APC completely eliminated these concerns. It also made it possible to relocate our entire staff off-site during the COVID crisis in a matter of hours--something that would have been nearly impossible to accomplish securely and without impact to the performance of the system had we been on those old servers.

Cons

Our migration to APC wasn't without some frustration and a bit a of learning curve for our staff. Those initial issues were addressed by Abacus and problems were fixed and we're currently very happy with the state of our APC system. My least favorite things about the cloud environment are the difficulties in using local devices (i.e. USB peripherals such as printers, scanners, signature pads, flash drives, etc.) and the inability to load and update our own software on our cloud computers. But we've learned to live with these limitations and have adopted workarounds when possible.

Reasons for Choosing Abacus Private Cloud

We chose the Abacus Private Cloud over local hosting companies for the high level of security offered.

Robert from Robert Noone Legal Services

IT IS BETTER THAN CLONING A LAWYER

I am a solo attorney with a multi-state practice. APC has allowed me to automate my practice, from client intake to document production. I have used the Abacus products for over 13 years now and am very satisfied.

Pros

I have been an Abacus user since 2007 and on the Cloud ever since it was a little puff of smoke. The ability to have all my software managed and updated at one source, on a secure server with almost immediate access to an IT person everyday has turned out to be WAY more cost effective than a piecemeal approach to buying Office 365 here, a case management system and accounting program there, and PDF software at a third place... It not only saves me money, but also tons of time.

Cons

Way way back when Abacus went online with the Cloud, there were speed bumps (and I apologize for all the 4-letter words in those early emails), but the past few years, it has been very smooth sailing. I like the convenience of having my office EVERYWHERE that I am.

Reasons for Switching to Abacus Private Cloud

good tech support when I used Abacus as a sample/testing it out.

Response from AbacusNext

Replied April 2020

Hi Robert, Thank you so much for the kind words! We are always so grateful to hear that our solutions are making a difference for firms! If interested, we'd love to feature your customer story. Just let me know and we will set up a brief interview at your convenience!

Douglas from Douglas J. Wolf APCL

Long Time User

Abacus Private Cloud allows me to do what I do best, provide quality service to my clients. I don't have to think about the software. I have my contacts, my notes, my calendar, all at my fingertips without having to tell a client, "please hold on while I get your file". I am organized and know where everything is without having to "fret". I absolutely enjoy using Abacus.

Pros

I have been a customer of Abacus for over twenty years. I first started with the company before the Abacus Private Cloud. One of the things that I loved about Abacus was their support. They could and would resolve any problem immediately. When Abacus began servicing customers with the cloud, things became even better. There is nothing better than to simply turn on your computer, go remote and know that all of your work is backed up, protected and accessible.

Cons

The software has a billing component to it. When it first came out, it was unworkable and I opted out of the billing. I don't know whether it has improved and//or whether the "bugs" have been worked out.

Response from AbacusNext

Replied March 2020

Hi Douglas, Thank you so much for your feedback! We love hearing that firms are finding so much success with our APC environment. Would you be interested in being a featured customer story? Please let me know if you are interested! Natalie Lara The AbacusNext Marketing Team

Zachary from Tyroch Boyd PLLC

Great Service - but it’s getting pricier

I think it’s a great product. With great functionality. Overall it’s a must have product. There are some areas that could be improved, but I have always felt like Abacus was always self evaluating and continually improving functionality and features. They listen and problem solve whenever you have problems.

Pros

The front and back office functionality is great. The abacus system and matters combined with the accounting piece is huge.

Cons

When it crashes, it gets frustrating. Sometimes the accounting software boots you out mid billing and that is extremely frustrating. And after hours, it isn’t as easy as it used to be to get assistance, so we find ourselves waiting until normal business hours, which impacts our ability to be in court as we are sometimes dealing with abacus issues instead.

Reasons for Choosing Abacus Private Cloud

Tightly integrated, good training, and made sense to me.

Response from AbacusNext

Replied March 2020

Hi Zachary, Thank you so much for your feedback! We love hearing that firms are finding so much success with our solutions. Would you be interested in being a featured customer story? Please let me know if you are interested! Natalie Lara The AbacusNext Marketing Team

Marla from Law Offices of Scott G. Nathan

Highly recommend Abacus Private Cloud

Very positive, most importantly the support team is quick to respond and always able to help. I recommend APC highly.

Pros

The most important feature of the Abacus Private Cloud is the safety of the product. No fear of our computer being hacked. Everything thing is on the cloud. The software program keeps us organized, every matter is linked with names, notes, e-mails, documents and billing. It saves time and actually pays for itself in making sure all the work you do gets billed.

Cons

We initially purchased the Abacus software approximately 10 years ago. We switched to APC approximately 6-7 years ago, and have never regretted our decision.

Response from AbacusNext

Replied June 2020

Hi Marla! My name is Natalie and I work in the Marketing Dept for AbacusNext. I wanted to reach out and personally thank you for your feedback on APC. And I wondered if you would at all be interested in standing in as a reference for us with a prospective customer for AbacusLaw in our private cloud? In addition, we are currently looking for customers to feature in a few upcoming campaigns. Please let me know if you are interested in that as well! Thank you again! Sincerely, Natalie

Autunm from Autumn Beck Blackledge PLLC

Cloudbased for Times Such as These

Pros

Fully mobile cloud base and exactly the same no matter where you use it. I love the feature that prompts you to bill.

Cons

It can be glitch-y and hard to get a person to understand the issues when you call customer service. It is expensive.

Response from AbacusNext

Replied March 2020

Hi Autumn, Thank you for your feedback. We greatly appreciate it! Would you be interested in being one of our featured customer stories? We are hearing countless testimonials about our APC environment due to the current state and we want to share your experience! Let me know what you think! Natalie Lara The AbacusNext Marketing Team

Elizabeth from Elizabeth M McKee, CPA, PA

Very good before Abacus took over

If it hadn't been for the good experience with Cloud9 Realtime, I never would have remained with Abacus.

Pros

Once we got through the MANY problems encountered and the COUNTLESS hours spent troubleshooting issues with various technicians due to the conversion to the new Windows platform, the software ultimately works and our users have no issues accessing their QB files.

Cons

The fact that the technical support is hit or miss. There were numerous issues between June and January that cost us hours and hours of time, starting with our emails being blacklisted by Abacus. We spent quite a bit of time being bounced around by your techs insisting it was our mail exchange creating the problem. Then we moved into the Microsoft server upgrade and data conversion. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and his team made this as time consuming as possible for us. After that, we ran into major glitches getting the upgrades to run-more time spent on our end until we found the tech that knew what he was doing.

James from Hertz & McElwaine

Safe and easy

The main benefit is the safety and security of our data. Knowing it won't be lost no matter what happens to my computer, and knowing there are smart tech people a phone call away to fix whatever goes wrong, is invaluable to me.

Pros

We've been using the Abacus Private Cloud for about a year now and it has been an excellent service. Very easy to use and adaptable to the programs we use. What I like most though is that our client data is safe. We share office space with a firm that does not use Abacus Private Cloud and they recently were the victims of a ransomware attack where all of their data was seized. They elected not to pay the ransom and subsequently lost ALL of their data. While no system can ever be totally secure, I sleep much better at night knowing that our data is as secure as it can be. I purchased a new computer two weeks ago and called the Abacus support to get my new computer onto the cloud network. They had me installed and up and running in about 2 minutes. I really couldn't ask for better service.

Cons

I don't have any cons worth mentioning right now. No software is perfect for every application but abacus does everything I need right now.

Barbara from Zimmerman Pavone

Industry: Law Practice

Customer service is terrible. Rates changed without notice. Charge you to get your data back.

It is hard to identify benefits when our experience turned so sour. We are finding PCLaw is providing a lot more benefits than Abacus.

Pros

The private cloud service worked well even though we regularly ran out of space and had a price increase to add more. Customer service on the private cloud was good.

Cons

We left Abacus Law after years because the new releases had a lot of bugs and using customer service was time consuming and some problems were never fixed. When we went to leave at the end of our contract, they took 2 weeks to send us the cancellation form and by then it was too late to give the 30 days notice. The contact went to month-to-month at nearly double the contract rate. We were given no notice at all of the monthly rate - yet alone notice in time to cancel. Abacus refuses to discuss this issue with us and has taken the position of "we have your money so sue us if you are unhappy."

Caroline from Law Office of Caroline S. Earle, PLC

Industry: Law Practice

AbacusLaw has Grown with my Firm!

Exceptional! Despite some internet connectivity challenges in our small rural state, the Abacus Private Cloud implementation team were exceptionally patient, creative and persistent. They went above and beyond for our firm. We are now into our second year of Abacus Private Cloud, and I am not sure how we survived without it for so long. We love it!

Pros

The shared network allowed my small firm to group from one attorney to three attorneys efficiently. We can all enter our time for billing on the shared accounting platform, which saves me huge time as the firm billing attorney. I know that our firm's work product is in a secure cloud and that it is being backed up continuously.

Cons

I practice in a small rural state. Our internet connectivity has challenged that posed problems in implementation and installation. We still run a little slower than most, I am sure, because of connectivity challenges. Nonetheless, I would not go back to our prior system ever. I am extremely pleased with the software and with Abacus Private cloud.

Norman from Norman J. Ullom-Morse, Attorney at Law

Industry: Law Practice

Abacus Private Cloud and Abacus Law have case management figured out.

Pros

Abacus Law gives me the tools I need to carry out my practice efficiently. Calendaring, Accounting, Contacts, Matters, Form Production, and Conflict Management are in use constantly in my office. The software works great with the original default settings. But, it is very flexible in allowing a practitioner to mold the software to fill specific needs. Furthermore, using Abacus Private Cloud means I have a highly skilled tech team constantly monitoring all aspects of the software, the server, encryption, and off-site back-up of my data.

Cons

I would like to see the program develop a more robust word processing capability. It's very good as it is. But, I use MS Word extensively and would love to see some of the functionality of Word be available when entering data into Abacus.

Ada from Ada G. Llerena, P.A.

Industry: Law Practice

A Robust solution for today's mobile office needs

Customer rep went above and beyond for me. He did the following for me: He helped me update a laptop running remote access to the APC Cloud so the toolbar could be updated to include a size retractable feature; reinstalled the Message Slips icon; updated java; and created access in the APC to scan folders located on the local computer for 2 laptops accessing the APC. He also recommended the use of micro SD cards to expand storage capabilities for the laptops included in our Abacus subscription. This was really important because these laptops have limited resources and performing Windows updates was becoming impossible. Rep did all of this without missing a beat. Our lives were made a whole lot easier today because of rep' diligent help! Thank you so very much!”

Pros

The software has a wealth of features that can make tracking cases and billing so much easier.

Cons

It does take a while to learn most of the features but it is worth the time.

Mary Ellen from Minton Firm

Abacus Private Cloud- Review

Pros

Easy to use; easy to learn; had lots of classes; but also user friendly so that I could actually learn it on my own

Cons

Cannot group bills; have to enter all bill separately;

Reasons for Choosing Abacus Private Cloud

Because it seemed a lot easier to learn than some of the others and at a lower price;

Reasons for Switching to Abacus Private Cloud

It was not up to date; kind of complicated to use.

Response from AbacusNext

Replied August 2019

Dear Mary, Thank you for taking the time to review Abacus Private Cloud. We're so glad you find it user-friendly and that you've taken advantage of our training resources. Since billing isn't a feature of APC, are you referring to billing in AbacusLaw? If so, feel free to leave a review on our AbacusLaw page. Your feedback helps us make our products better. We appreciate your business and look forward to being part of your practice for years to come! Sincerely, The team at AbacusNext

Lynne from Christopher Wollo, PA

Cloud Review from a small business

The Cloud allows us to support our clients by being able to login from different locations and help them with their Quickbooks issues. Saves us a lot of time - which is great!

Pros

Most important to us is that our clients can login easily to the Cloud and access their software - and if they get stuck, we can login too and see what they are doing. Saves us from traveling to each client's office. The Tech support people are wonderful and very friendly!

Cons

We seem to have the same problem when our clients can't login. If too many of our clients logout improperly, the Cloud gets stuck and won't open for anyone. Somehow, this seems like it should be a fixable problem. Also, the Cloud seems a little pricey for our small company.

Herb from Elias & Elias

APC is a User Friendly Cloud Environment

Very positive so far, although we did get hit with about a 25% price hike when I renewed for another 3 years last month (albeit with more features and memory, more secure email and storage space)

Pros

Remote access is very reliable. Creating a ticket for repair or upgrade is easy and straight forward and they respond fastest this way. I also like how they remote in to solve problems with my individual machines.

Cons

Several times per day, the APC will black out if resources on my computer are being stressed. Wait times for customer service are sometimes long.

Reasons for Choosing Abacus Private Cloud

Not applicable, but I already was an Abacus Law customer and this is another one of their products, and the 2 work together seamlessly.

Larry from Wasmiller Cordova, Attorneys at Law

Private Cloud is secure but expensive

Pros

The private cloud with document storage is essential.

Cons

We experience severe latency. Little bugs from time to time with check writing and printing.

Reasons for Choosing Abacus Private Cloud

We have used Abacus software since 2010.

LAURA from Foudy CPA Group PC

Promises made, not kept

I would not recommend it for a multi-office accounting firm. The concept is great if it works. I would definitely talk to a tech person, not the sales person, before even considering the switch. In addition, if there is any hesitancy on their end about a program, etc..., I would not go with them. They have a problem with the right hand knowing what the left hand has promised and they drop off the face of the earth when they don't know what to do to assist you with a problem.

Pros

The transition was mostly smooth but there were a couple of programs that we could not get to work on the cloud. It was nice having (mostly) all programs in one place for access because we have two offices that are dependent of each other for data purposes but we could access the other office data if needed.

Cons

Abacus knew everything about our firm at the outset, even before we signed the contract, and yet they did not allow enough resources (processing power) for us to work efficiently. The programs always had some lag to them and we could never find the right person to address our issues. We went through a tax season with minimal support and slow programs and their answer ended up being not enough resources and a hefty price tag to get us up to where we should have been in the first place, but they just wanted to make the sale. We were assigned a person as our liason and most often we would not get a response when reaching out to them, so we would reach out to our sales person and basically anyone who would listen just trying to get help. Both of our office's internet speeds were over what was required, so that was not our issue. We feel like we were talked into something to make the sale, then we were put on the back burner and not provided what we were promised. We purchased early September and promised to be up and running by end of October and by the we were not fully functional yet in January. Granted we have a good many programs, but again, it was all provided to them up front and they guaranteed it would not be a problem. We cut ties the following October, after working in it for 1 tax season and not getting the results we needed to run efficiently without a large additional monthly outflow.

Reasons for Choosing Abacus Private Cloud

Price and promise of ease, use, and speed

William from Graves & King LLP.

Technical Services

Recently, very good! But the experience has to be overall since the very beginning which is average but things have changed a lot and you guys have really improved, but prices have also doubled since when we joined Abacus 2 years ago.

Pros

Customer services have improved significantly compared to 2 years ago when we stated with Abacus. Great job!

Cons

There is still a great lag as we have to wait a long time to get support at times. When it is urgent as if the system is down, there should be a priority to get on it immediately...Support can't explain why issues come about and how it was resolved sometimes...

Reasons for Choosing Abacus Private Cloud

We were using Abacus Law before and its specialization in the legal services.

Extremely Disappointing Product

Extremely poor from the initial on boarding process until today. I don't see any capacity or willingness on the part of this company to improve their deficient service. I have been trying to overcome this with them from two year and at this point, I give up. We have made the decision to transition to a better environment.

Pros

There is nothing I like about this product.

Cons

The on-boarding process was a complete failure. Originally we tried to migrated from a private cloud to Abacus Private Cloud and from Amicus to AbacusLaw. The experience was catastrophic. The on boarding team at Abacus Private Cloud was never able to transition our data from Amicus to AbacusLaw and we were within 10 days of missing a billing cycle. I asked the company several times to switch us back to Amicus. Finally, when they were faced with completely failure of the transition, they switched us back to Amicus so that we did not miss our billing cycle, something they promised would never happen. Since that time, we have done nothing but struggle with this company to maintain an environment that would allow Amicus to function with QuickBooks. They have not been able to maintain a constant link between their product and QuickBooks. It takes days to reestablish the link. Their tech support is not very responsive and they are not very aware of reoccurring problems, which indicates to me that they have a high turnover of personnel. They have assigned multiple people to our account in the past 12 months to resolve our persistent problems with their product. They are replaced or disappear without notice to us. As of today, we may wait days for a response from them. All of this is documented. It was a mistake to migrated from our private cloud environment to this company.

Debra from Kirk Law Associates

Industry: Law Practice

Lifesaver billing and calendaring program

The billing program pays for itself in less than an hour.

Pros

With the recent pandemic, I had to act fast to get up and running my own firm. Having Abacus Private Cloud in place allowed me to bill on time and accurately.

Cons

I had this software and was not using it adequately.

n/z

Response from AbacusNext

Replied July 2020

Hi Debra! My name is Natalie and I'm on the Marketing Team at Abacus. I wanted to reach out and say thank you for the feedback! It's great to hear that AbacusLaw has been a great resource for you during this crazy time. I wanted to reach out to see if you would be interested in being one of our first customers to film a video review? We'd love to include you in this cool new project! Please let me know if you are interested! Thank you, Natalie

Great storage for Law Firms

No problems at all and have great user interface. We have not had any privacy issues with maintaining our files on the cloud. In addition, it has saved our firm thousands of dollars in IT management fees.

Pros

Our firm has a multi-area practice such as real estate, probate, estate planning and family law. Our storage requirements are very high and our needs are met through the use of the Abacus Private Cloud. The clients' documents are accessible and organized. No need to keep unnecessary papers in our office since they can be accessed from anywhere at anytime. It's great to be able to access any document during a meeting or an arbitration.

Ariel from The Tello Law Corporation

Implementation

Pros

All in one format, including forms and email.

Cons

Forms not formatted. Time to add new program.

Job

Travis from Belton Accounting Services, Inc.

Great IT Service for remote accounting firm

I now have a secure form of communication with my clients and one stop place to work and deliver my work to clients as well.

Pros

I needed an IT service that provided security and complete resources for my business and they provided an excellent comprehensive package with security.

Cons

The learning curve was the hardest to get used to but I found it very fluid once I got the hang of all the integrations.

Reasons for Choosing Abacus Private Cloud

I knew better than to do it myself and realized I needed help to get it setup and secured correctly.

Response from AbacusNext

Replied March 2020

Hi Travis, Thank you so much for your feedback! We love hearing that firms are finding so much success with our solutions. Would you be interested in being a featured customer story? Please let me know if you are interested! Natalie Lara The AbacusNext Marketing Team

Steven from Steven N. Long, P.C.

APC review

Overall, very pleased and the customer service has been excellent whenever issues have arisen.

Pros

The removal of updating software and upgrading hardware has been the best feature of using a cloud-based program. Access from anywhere there is an internet connection has been fantastic.

Cons

Not necessarily a cloud issue, but the Accounting portion of Abacus Law is very complicated and has far too many steps in the process as compared to a "windows" type program (Quickbooks). Our firm has tried to implement the Accounting side of Abacus Law but it is simply too complicated.

Mark from Merdes Law Office, P.C.

CaseMap Customer Support's quick and concise response with a solution.

Pros

There are many with CaseMap: the ability to build a medical chronology; the CaseWide graph to show the medical chronology in a visual format; linking names, organizations, documents, medicines, etc.; the filtering capability along with the ability to customize filters.

Cons

I wish I had more flexibility with the CaseWide graph: to have the ability to select or differentiate between two (or more) filters by using separate colors that would distinguish the filtered criteria on the graph; the ability to adjust the date range of graph to get rid of dead space on the graph.

Victoria from Joseph M. Ghabour & Associates

Abacus Private Cloud

Abacus Private Cloud was easy to navigate, and easy to customize to your needs. I preferred it over some other companies legal software. I would recommend it for someone who wants more detailed file keeping.

Pros

I liked that we could customize the fields. When working on a file, we could have all important details on the first page of the matter and retrieve the information fast.

Cons

Saving documents to the cloud was often time consuming. You would have to save it and pull it into the matter. It also wasn't as advanced as some of the other products I've seen. It did it's job though.

Carolyn from Akay Law

New User and Impressed

The support is excellent and the products are designed well.

Pros

I really like the integration of e-mail and billing with pop-ups that force me to bill at the moment I send an email. If not for that feature I would not be billing for most of my email interactions.

Cons

It seems to need a lot of attention in the way of support. Abacus Law in particular has many issues with "indexing" and hanging even when you sign off properly. Luckily the support team is extremely helpful. That being said, getting through to a live person can be difficult and call-backs can sometimes take longer than one would like. Also, the new phone tree is confusing and leads to help requests not reaching the proper department.

Randal from Fast Easy Accounting

We Started The Process Of Moving From Cloud9 To Abacus Next Sept 2017 Now Late Feb 2018 Horrible!

Pros

With over 40 years experience owning and operating several companies and have been "sold" by some of the best of the best and am not easily mislead until Abacus Next came along. I am willing to pay a premium price for premium service. I am not willing to pay a premium price for the opportunity to be anybody's Beta Tester and help them figure out what to do. When I asked for a link to documentation regarding how to login to the server and add a client I was told there is no documentation. What do I like best about Abacus Next? They are great entertainers and have helped me keep my blood moving.

Cons

We have heard nothing but excuses and spin and more spin. And practically everyone we have contact with at Abacus Next is continually pressuring us to buy more services. NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!! We are supposed to be transitioned off Cloud9 on March 05, 2018 but after today's dismal performance, another episode in the painful saga of Abacus Next we shall not let them move us until later in 2018 or 2019 even if it means we need to start some legal action. Today we got even more spin from their tech support who was supposed to assist with mapping out the process for our upcoming transition. He is a very nice, likable guy but did not appear to have a clue about anything. No idea how to set up a new client, what to put in the fields, could not even get us logged into our server. It appeared he was being coached by someone who knew even less than he did. It appears to me from what little I know from reading material on their website, their newsletters and other parts of the web that Abacus Next is in a growth mode buying up other companies. This concerns me deeply, and I wonder if they are growing so fast that they could get themselves in trouble. I have a bad gut-feeling about the stability of Abacus Next. For the record, I do not know anything about how their industry works so I could be mistaken and concerned about nothing. However, I do know good service from bad service, and so far all I have gotten from Abacus Next is terrible service.

Chris from Chris M. Thornburgh Accountancy Corporation

Worth Peace of Mind

I researched several IT options when setting up my accounting firm, and Abacus Private Cloud kept coming up as the overall best solution. My entire team can securely work anywhere there is an internet connection. The set-up was smooth and the professionals at APC were super patient and helpful. Four months later when COVID-19 hit, we were ahead of our peers when offices shut down and folks scrambled to work remotely. So thankful I made the right decision to go with Abacus Private Cloud.

Pros

As a CPA, I can not put a price tag on the IT security of my accounting practice. With Abacus Private Cloud, I have peace of mind knowing that the best IT professionals and security are protecting my livelihood. The fact that we have support 24/7 works great with our long hours, too.

Cons

Expensive but worth it. Once I analyzed the cost of an in-house IT professional on payroll, Abacus Private Cloud was clearly more affordable.

Joy from Weiss Zarett Brofman Sonnenklar & Levy, P.C.

Review of Abacus Private Cloud

If customer service was improved I would rate Abacus a 10/10 but for now an 8/10.

Pros

The overall functionaliy of the cloud and the security is fanatstic.

Cons

The call center, I say this because it all depends who you get when you call as some technicians are much better than others. Some technicians are absolute rockstars but not all. Also, I found that calling in and not getting help is unacceptable especially if it is time sensitive. I have also found that I have to follow-up on items and that should not be the case. Having one person to deal with would be ideal.

Marcia from Assly Sayyar, Attorney at Law

Industry: Law Practice

The only issue I have with Abacus is having renew my password every 90 days.

I love love love the NOTES section. When I do anything at all I put them into notes. Therefore my attorney can actually see what exactly is going on in the case. She does not have to ask about status nor do I have to remember.

Pros

I have used other programs throughout the years and feel this program actually connects all issues together. From Outlook to calendaring to matters, etc. it flows easily.

Cons

That is truly one of the only issues I have with the software plus I do not feel getting the correct department on your telephone lines user friendly.

Amy from UKASICK LAW FIRM

Product is easy and self explanatory

Makes life easier to be able to access from the cloud.

Pros

Makes my job easier. Easy to learn software. The system allows all the tools I need to use to be in one central location, whether it is contact information, calendar, emails, notes, etc. I love the Abacus Private Cloud. It allows me and my employer access to our information from anywhere we are. I have not had any issues with the software and we have it installed on my bosses laptop, smartphone and desktop.

Cons

Response from Abacus Data Systems

Replied April 2018

Hi Amy, Thank you for your review! We're glad to hear that the software makes your job easier and you found it easy to learn. We're thrilled to have you as a customer and look forward to continuing our partnership. Best, The AbacusNext Team

Jonathan from Huber Law Group, A.P.C.

Debilitatingly slow performance

We are very disappointed in the failure of APC to consistently operate as promised.

Pros

When this software works, it's great. If it operated consistently and in "real-time", I would highly recommend it.

Cons

In over a year of using APC, we have had regular, recurring, serious connection issues. I calculate an average of 5 hrs/wk in lost productivity per user over the last year. As indicated above, when functional, the system is great; the problem is, you never know whether you'll show up for work and be able to work, or whether you'll spend half the day on the phone with tech support trying to figure out why the system is lagging.

Cecilia from Walthall Law Firm, P.A.

Love the Concept

I have increased productivity by using the cloud. Having all information stored and readily accessible has saved time which in turn makes money. Customer service is typically very good but occasionally I have been dissatisfied at hold times.

Pros

I like the idea of having all my information in one place and an immediate backup in case of a catastrophe.

Cons

The connection is to slow. There is a delay in typing a document in my word processing. I have to wait several minutes at times for programs to open. I do not like that there is an expiration of connection throughout the day when idle. I have already exceeded the storage package I purchased, so cost continue to rise.

Paul from United Fluid Enterprises

Industry: Wholesale

Abacus Hosting of Quick Books

Easier and quicker access to my account. Glad we made the transition from Cloud9 to Abacus Private Cloud

Pros

Connection to the servers is more stable; less lost time accessing my QB account.

Cons

Having to purchase new QB software. Migration of my QB account from Cloud9 was problematic due to inexperience of the customer service reps with the process.

Abacus acquired Cloud9

Reasons for Switching to Abacus Private Cloud

Got 30 day notice that Cloud9 hosting would no longer be available.

Patricia from L/O Patricia Van Haren

Industry: Law Practice

I can't wait until the contract is up!

Pros

I like that I can design and customize my own templates. I like that we are able to access our server from home [when it is working properly]

Cons

The customer service is horrible. They make a lot of promises when negotiating the contract but they do not deliver. We are constantly having issues with the server, syncing to the calendars, etc. I was looking at alternatives when my last contract was about to expire and was told if I renewed we would get the updated server, however we did not and my complaints have never been resolved.

Reasons for Switching to Abacus Private Cloud

We were told that this product would have better functionality.

Response from AbacusNext

Replied August 2020

Hi Patricia, I'm so sorry about your experience. I have escalated your situation to our support leadership team and you will be hearing from them shortly.