• Pros

• "Lots of great features. Great organization of client info."

• "It's very easy to navigate.Easy to understand."

• "I like using the cloud most of all. I can use it from many locations, it is very helpful."

• Cons

• "It does take a while to learn most of the features but it is worth the time."

• "We have to evaluate how much storage we need and sometimes that needs to be expanded. Although it is easy to do, it is just something that needs to be handled by our office administrators."

• "Text is small, but that could be that I haven't figure out to make it larger in the settings. Sometimes when accessing our network from the cloud it tends to run a little slower. "

Browse Abacus Private Cloud Reviews

James from James A. Farr, Attorney At Law

ABACUS PRIVATE CLOUD - EXCEPTIONAL QUALITY, RELIABILITY & SERVICE

This platform outsources office computing (in my case, for a law office) to a proven, trusted vendor that provides excellent customer service, reliability and stability. This enables smaller companies (like mine) to take advantage of economies of scale; and achieve levels of quality, security and dependability in their computing network that otherwise would be to costly if done with local servers and IT support. This is a truly game-changing platform; professionally implemented by a company of top notch network and data center experts. I am completely satisified with Abacus Private Cloud.

Pros

I have used Abacus Private Cloud since 06/14. Reliability, connectivity, uptime, and customer support are excellent. I eliminated local server hardware, local IT support, and local backups. My decision to go with with Abacus Private Cloud was the best decision I have made in 20 years of using computers in my law office.

Cons

Seriously, i have not found any downsides to this platform.

Robert from Robert Noone Legal Services

IT IS BETTER THAN CLONING A LAWYER

I am a solo attorney with a multi-state practice. APC has allowed me to automate my practice, from client intake to document production. I have used the Abacus products for over 13 years now and am very satisfied.

Pros

I have been an Abacus user since 2007 and on the Cloud ever since it was a little puff of smoke. The ability to have all my software managed and updated at one source, on a secure server with almost immediate access to an IT person everyday has turned out to be WAY more cost effective than a piecemeal approach to buying Office 365 here, a case management system and accounting program there, and PDF software at a third place... It not only saves me money, but also tons of time.

Cons

Way way back when Abacus went online with the Cloud, there were speed bumps (and I apologize for all the 4-letter words in those early emails), but the past few years, it has been very smooth sailing. I like the convenience of having my office EVERYWHERE that I am.

Response from AbacusNext

Replied April 2020

Hi Robert, Thank you so much for the kind words! We are always so grateful to hear that our solutions are making a difference for firms! If interested, we'd love to feature your customer story. Just let me know and we will set up a brief interview at your convenience!

Lynne from Christopher Wollo, PA

Cloud Review from a small business

The Cloud allows us to support our clients by being able to login from different locations and help them with their Quickbooks issues. Saves us a lot of time - which is great!

Pros

Most important to us is that our clients can login easily to the Cloud and access their software - and if they get stuck, we can login too and see what they are doing. Saves us from traveling to each client's office. The Tech support people are wonderful and very friendly!

Cons

We seem to have the same problem when our clients can't login. If too many of our clients logout improperly, the Cloud gets stuck and won't open for anyone. Somehow, this seems like it should be a fixable problem. Also, the Cloud seems a little pricey for our small company.

DAniel from Platform Tax & Consulting

Happy about the effort and response.

A roller coaster ride. There are good and bad things about this set up and company. I know they went through some growing pains themselves and we road along with them. I fee like they are heading in the right directions and making progress.

Pros

It is cloud based Uses the remote desktop system Creates a remote environment to function in. Security Support response has been getting better each year.

Cons

The overall cost is twice as much as everyone else. The control over the Office 365 account makes it difficult to efficiently function with our growing company. There have been features with the office 365 account that we would like to explore but can't because of the lack of control we have over the account. The constant issues that come up where the issue is tied to server resources or the lack there of. After two years I would hope the server needs were more dialed in. I also don't get the feeling that anyone takes the time to understand a 3rd party software. We use Lacerte, along with "1000" other clients, and there doesn't seem to be a Lacerte expert nor is there a partnership with Intuit to install it correctly in a terminal server environment. I have had 4 different people install lacerte it different ways (on the X drive, on the C drive, on a separate SSD drive,)

Reasons for Choosing Abacus Private Cloud

At the time the promised services were appealing for what we were trying to accomplish. Price point made sense because we "wouldn't need" internal I.T support. We later found out that wasn't the case.

Anne from Every & Stack

Easy file sharing and information retrieval

Positive. It allows us to keep records on a large number of clients and files and to allow anyone in the office to retrieve the file. We are now able to retrieve 12 years of file information at the click of a mouse. Being able to view the calendar and files when we are cut off from the physical office is a wonderful perk.

Pros

We started with Abacus back in 2008 and switched to the Private Cloud about 4 years ago. Our office is on a barrier island in Florida so the Cloud made sense to us. We are able to work from home after evacuation orders are in place (until we loose power and internet) and don't have to worry about whether our backups are in a safe place -- all our information is safe and available to us through remote access. We love the fact we can open any client's file from any workstation and answer their questions. No more running around looking for a physical file before we can help them.

Cons

Lag times. On a normal in-office day everything usually runs fine. Except when the internet is down. Then all work grinds to a halt. When working offsite there can be a lag or delay that can get irritating. We also have several office staff members who are resistant to training and do not use it to its full ability. The same staff members are highly critical when glitches occur.

Reasons for Choosing Abacus Private Cloud

They simply couldn't do everything Abacus Private Cloud does. In addition the amount of data that would not be able to be transitioned to a different system made it not even worth the effort to downsize our existing programs.

Douglas from Douglas J. Wolf APCL

Long Time User

Abacus Private Cloud allows me to do what I do best, provide quality service to my clients. I don't have to think about the software. I have my contacts, my notes, my calendar, all at my fingertips without having to tell a client, "please hold on while I get your file". I am organized and know where everything is without having to "fret". I absolutely enjoy using Abacus.

Pros

I have been a customer of Abacus for over twenty years. I first started with the company before the Abacus Private Cloud. One of the things that I loved about Abacus was their support. They could and would resolve any problem immediately. When Abacus began servicing customers with the cloud, things became even better. There is nothing better than to simply turn on your computer, go remote and know that all of your work is backed up, protected and accessible.

Cons

The software has a billing component to it. When it first came out, it was unworkable and I opted out of the billing. I don't know whether it has improved and//or whether the "bugs" have been worked out.

Response from AbacusNext

Replied March 2020

Hi Douglas, Thank you so much for your feedback! We love hearing that firms are finding so much success with our APC environment. Would you be interested in being a featured customer story? Please let me know if you are interested! Natalie Lara The AbacusNext Marketing Team

Elliott from Law Office of Elliott Kanter

Abacus Private Cloud Review

I like the product very much. I compared it recently to other legal software programs that have similar functions and I think this one with all the additional features works the best for my office.

Pros

I like the integration of the court forms with the client base. The calendaring is excellent. If one uses the notes it is easy to keep track of the clients' information and keeps them updated. The ease of logging on from off-site is easy. We were able to have everyone work from home within 2 days of implementation. We don't need physical files and can put the clients' entire file on a dvd for storage. Service has always been very good. They walk you through what they are doing so you know how to do in in the future if necessary.

Cons

It is a bit expensive, and I would like them to give us a break on the price when we add users. Some part time users cost the same as full time. I would like it to integrate with an accounting program like QuickBooks.

Reasons for Choosing Abacus Private Cloud

I had been using the Abacus program for many years and liked their approach to a cloud based program. We didn't have to do much in the way of conversion.

Elizabeth from Elizabeth M McKee, CPA, PA

Very good before Abacus took over

If it hadn't been for the good experience with Cloud9 Realtime, I never would have remained with Abacus.

Pros

Once we got through the MANY problems encountered and the COUNTLESS hours spent troubleshooting issues with various technicians due to the conversion to the new Windows platform, the software ultimately works and our users have no issues accessing their QB files.

Cons

The fact that the technical support is hit or miss. There were numerous issues between June and January that cost us hours and hours of time, starting with our emails being blacklisted by Abacus. We spent quite a bit of time being bounced around by your techs insisting it was our mail exchange creating the problem. Then we moved into the Microsoft server upgrade and data conversion. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and his team made this as time consuming as possible for us. After that, we ran into major glitches getting the upgrades to run-more time spent on our end until we found the tech that knew what he was doing.

Joseph from Tully & Weiss Attorneys at Law

Industry: Law Practice

Do NOT waste your time or money with Abacus Private Cloud!

The Abacus private cloud product was horrid, the worst of the worst. The customer service people were nice but it seems like the people running the company are either terrible human beings or the most incompetent idiots born in their generation. Importantly, when I left the use of their product because it kept breaking down, they kept all of my data on Microsoft exchange, all my accounts, calendars, and emails and wouldn't release it even though I had that account for years before going to Abacus. Trust me, stay away from anything related to Abacus.

Pros

It allowed me to link emails to cases. It allowed everyone at my office to see what work had been done on a case by other people.

Cons

The old-looking, clunky, outdated software broke down on a daily or weekly basis, sometimes for extended periods.

Reasons for Choosing Abacus Private Cloud

I was completely naive and didn't know how bad Abacus was. Also, Clio didn't exist at the time or wasn't as proven as it is now. Go to Clio, not Abacus or you will be sorry and your business may be destroyed to the point where it can't be recovered. And the suits at Abacus won't care.

David from Equal Justice law Group

Customer Service Declining Year After Year

24 year customer--very disillusioned.

Pros

Product is out of date compared to competition and three times more expensive.

Cons

Locked in long term contracts. Clunky difficult to use features.

Getting ready to leave APC

Response from AbacusNext

Replied June 2020

Hi David, I am so sorry you have had such a bad experience. I would like to escalate your issues. Can you let me know the best email or phone number to reach you?

Norman from Norman J. Ullom-Morse, Attorney at Law

Industry: Law Practice

Moving to the Abacus cloud was quick and expertly executed. Very Pleased!

I run my entire law practice using Abacus Law and APC.

Pros

Abacus Law is indispensable in my practice. I've used it for many years and have adapted it to the specific areas of my practice. The calendaring system keeps me on track so that I meet all deadlines on time. Using Rules in calendaring allows me to enter many calendar items at once with just a few mouse clicks. Form generation and Outlook integration are wonderful features and easy to use. All of this is made even better using Abacus Private Cloud. Not only is Abacus Law always up-to-date, but Office 365 is always current as well. Additionally, not enough can be said for the excellent customer and technical support services provided by Abacus Law experts. I can say without hesitation that if you have an occasion to need help with an issue you will be very pleased with the attention you will receive. I used Abacus Law from an office-based server for many years. Servers aren't cheap. I upgraded my server every 4 to 5 years. Paying an IT tech to install the server, load all the software, and get all workstations connected more than doubled the cost of the server. Furthermore, I had the recurring cost of maintenance, protection against viruses, spyware, malware, ransomware etc, plus the cost of off-site backups. All those issues were a drain on my productivity and nerves. Therefore, I pulled the trigger and moved to Abacus Private Cloud. I'm extremely pleased with how easy the transition went. APC has it all figured out.

Cons

I have no real criticism to report. On my wish list would be a more robust word processing capability in the Notes windows, which would automatically check spelling and allow for easy-to-insert macros for boilerplate text entry - similar to quickparts and autocorrect features in Word.

Response from Abacus Data Systems

Replied June 2017

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback about your experience with Abacus. We are delighted to serve you with technology solutions that help you run your firm efficiently and securely!

Denise from Accounting Plus, Inc.

Accounting Plus, Inc. Review

We work with the customer service team at Abacus on a regular basis and I can't say enough good things about this group. They are patient, persistent, and easy to work with. We've also worked with staff and managers in other departments at Abacus and have had nothing but great experiences.

Pros

Our company migrated to APC from a set of 3 in-house legacy servers running all of our firm's software programs. We were vulnerable not only to hardware and software issues, but to the potential hacking of the very sensitive data we had collected over 15+ years in business. Our move to APC completely eliminated these concerns. It also made it possible to relocate our entire staff off-site during the COVID crisis in a matter of hours--something that would have been nearly impossible to accomplish securely and without impact to the performance of the system had we been on those old servers.

Cons

Our migration to APC wasn't without some frustration and a bit a of learning curve for our staff. Those initial issues were addressed by Abacus and problems were fixed and we're currently very happy with the state of our APC system. My least favorite things about the cloud environment are the difficulties in using local devices (i.e. USB peripherals such as printers, scanners, signature pads, flash drives, etc.) and the inability to load and update our own software on our cloud computers. But we've learned to live with these limitations and have adopted workarounds when possible.

Reasons for Choosing Abacus Private Cloud

We chose the Abacus Private Cloud over local hosting companies for the high level of security offered.

Zachary from Tyroch Boyd PLLC

Great Service - but it’s getting pricier

I think it’s a great product. With great functionality. Overall it’s a must have product. There are some areas that could be improved, but I have always felt like Abacus was always self evaluating and continually improving functionality and features. They listen and problem solve whenever you have problems.

Pros

The front and back office functionality is great. The abacus system and matters combined with the accounting piece is huge.

Cons

When it crashes, it gets frustrating. Sometimes the accounting software boots you out mid billing and that is extremely frustrating. And after hours, it isn’t as easy as it used to be to get assistance, so we find ourselves waiting until normal business hours, which impacts our ability to be in court as we are sometimes dealing with abacus issues instead.

Reasons for Choosing Abacus Private Cloud

Tightly integrated, good training, and made sense to me.

Response from AbacusNext

Replied March 2020

Hi Zachary, Thank you so much for your feedback! We love hearing that firms are finding so much success with our solutions. Would you be interested in being a featured customer story? Please let me know if you are interested! Natalie Lara The AbacusNext Marketing Team

James from Hertz & McElwaine

Safe and easy

The main benefit is the safety and security of our data. Knowing it won't be lost no matter what happens to my computer, and knowing there are smart tech people a phone call away to fix whatever goes wrong, is invaluable to me.

Pros

We've been using the Abacus Private Cloud for about a year now and it has been an excellent service. Very easy to use and adaptable to the programs we use. What I like most though is that our client data is safe. We share office space with a firm that does not use Abacus Private Cloud and they recently were the victims of a ransomware attack where all of their data was seized. They elected not to pay the ransom and subsequently lost ALL of their data. While no system can ever be totally secure, I sleep much better at night knowing that our data is as secure as it can be. I purchased a new computer two weeks ago and called the Abacus support to get my new computer onto the cloud network. They had me installed and up and running in about 2 minutes. I really couldn't ask for better service.

Cons

I don't have any cons worth mentioning right now. No software is perfect for every application but abacus does everything I need right now.

Autunm from Autumn Beck Blackledge PLLC

Cloudbased for Times Such as These

Pros

Fully mobile cloud base and exactly the same no matter where you use it. I love the feature that prompts you to bill.

Cons

It can be glitch-y and hard to get a person to understand the issues when you call customer service. It is expensive.

Response from AbacusNext

Replied March 2020

Hi Autumn, Thank you for your feedback. We greatly appreciate it! Would you be interested in being one of our featured customer stories? We are hearing countless testimonials about our APC environment due to the current state and we want to share your experience! Let me know what you think! Natalie Lara The AbacusNext Marketing Team

Barbara from Zimmerman Pavone

Industry: Law Practice

Customer service is terrible. Rates changed without notice. Charge you to get your data back.

It is hard to identify benefits when our experience turned so sour. We are finding PCLaw is providing a lot more benefits than Abacus.

Pros

The private cloud service worked well even though we regularly ran out of space and had a price increase to add more. Customer service on the private cloud was good.

Cons

We left Abacus Law after years because the new releases had a lot of bugs and using customer service was time consuming and some problems were never fixed. When we went to leave at the end of our contract, they took 2 weeks to send us the cancellation form and by then it was too late to give the 30 days notice. The contact went to month-to-month at nearly double the contract rate. We were given no notice at all of the monthly rate - yet alone notice in time to cancel. Abacus refuses to discuss this issue with us and has taken the position of "we have your money so sue us if you are unhappy."

Caroline from Law Office of Caroline S. Earle, PLC

Industry: Law Practice

AbacusLaw has Grown with my Firm!

Exceptional! Despite some internet connectivity challenges in our small rural state, the Abacus Private Cloud implementation team were exceptionally patient, creative and persistent. They went above and beyond for our firm. We are now into our second year of Abacus Private Cloud, and I am not sure how we survived without it for so long. We love it!

Pros

The shared network allowed my small firm to group from one attorney to three attorneys efficiently. We can all enter our time for billing on the shared accounting platform, which saves me huge time as the firm billing attorney. I know that our firm's work product is in a secure cloud and that it is being backed up continuously.

Cons

I practice in a small rural state. Our internet connectivity has challenged that posed problems in implementation and installation. We still run a little slower than most, I am sure, because of connectivity challenges. Nonetheless, I would not go back to our prior system ever. I am extremely pleased with the software and with Abacus Private cloud.

Norman from Norman J. Ullom-Morse, Attorney at Law

Industry: Law Practice

Abacus Private Cloud and Abacus Law have case management figured out.

Pros

Abacus Law gives me the tools I need to carry out my practice efficiently. Calendaring, Accounting, Contacts, Matters, Form Production, and Conflict Management are in use constantly in my office. The software works great with the original default settings. But, it is very flexible in allowing a practitioner to mold the software to fill specific needs. Furthermore, using Abacus Private Cloud means I have a highly skilled tech team constantly monitoring all aspects of the software, the server, encryption, and off-site back-up of my data.

Cons

I would like to see the program develop a more robust word processing capability. It's very good as it is. But, I use MS Word extensively and would love to see some of the functionality of Word be available when entering data into Abacus.

Ada from Ada G. Llerena, P.A.

Industry: Law Practice

A Robust solution for today's mobile office needs

Customer rep went above and beyond for me. He did the following for me: He helped me update a laptop running remote access to the APC Cloud so the toolbar could be updated to include a size retractable feature; reinstalled the Message Slips icon; updated java; and created access in the APC to scan folders located on the local computer for 2 laptops accessing the APC. He also recommended the use of micro SD cards to expand storage capabilities for the laptops included in our Abacus subscription. This was really important because these laptops have limited resources and performing Windows updates was becoming impossible. Rep did all of this without missing a beat. Our lives were made a whole lot easier today because of rep' diligent help! Thank you so very much!”

Pros

The software has a wealth of features that can make tracking cases and billing so much easier.

Cons

It does take a while to learn most of the features but it is worth the time.

Mary Ellen from Minton Firm

Abacus Private Cloud- Review

Pros

Easy to use; easy to learn; had lots of classes; but also user friendly so that I could actually learn it on my own

Cons

Cannot group bills; have to enter all bill separately;

Reasons for Choosing Abacus Private Cloud

Because it seemed a lot easier to learn than some of the others and at a lower price;

Response from AbacusNext

Replied August 2019

Dear Mary, Thank you for taking the time to review Abacus Private Cloud. We're so glad you find it user-friendly and that you've taken advantage of our training resources. Since billing isn't a feature of APC, are you referring to billing in AbacusLaw? If so, feel free to leave a review on our AbacusLaw page. Your feedback helps us make our products better. We appreciate your business and look forward to being part of your practice for years to come! Sincerely, The team at AbacusNext

Larry from Wasmiller Cordova, Attorneys at Law

Private Cloud is secure but expensive

Pros

The private cloud with document storage is essential.

Cons

We experience severe latency. Little bugs from time to time with check writing and printing.

Reasons for Choosing Abacus Private Cloud

We have used Abacus software since 2010.

Great storage for Law Firms

No problems at all and have great user interface. We have not had any privacy issues with maintaining our files on the cloud. In addition, it has saved our firm thousands of dollars in IT management fees.

Pros

Our firm has a multi-area practice such as real estate, probate, estate planning and family law. Our storage requirements are very high and our needs are met through the use of the Abacus Private Cloud. The clients' documents are accessible and organized. No need to keep unnecessary papers in our office since they can be accessed from anywhere at anytime. It's great to be able to access any document during a meeting or an arbitration.

Cons

William from Graves & King LLP.

Technical Services

Recently, very good! But the experience has to be overall since the very beginning which is average but things have changed a lot and you guys have really improved, but prices have also doubled since when we joined Abacus 2 years ago.

Pros

Customer services have improved significantly compared to 2 years ago when we stated with Abacus. Great job!

Cons

There is still a great lag as we have to wait a long time to get support at times. When it is urgent as if the system is down, there should be a priority to get on it immediately...Support can't explain why issues come about and how it was resolved sometimes...

Reasons for Choosing Abacus Private Cloud

We were using Abacus Law before and its specialization in the legal services.

Extremely Disappointing Product

Extremely poor from the initial on boarding process until today. I don't see any capacity or willingness on the part of this company to improve their deficient service. I have been trying to overcome this with them from two year and at this point, I give up. We have made the decision to transition to a better environment.

Pros

There is nothing I like about this product.

Cons

The on-boarding process was a complete failure. Originally we tried to migrated from a private cloud to Abacus Private Cloud and from Amicus to AbacusLaw. The experience was catastrophic. The on boarding team at Abacus Private Cloud was never able to transition our data from Amicus to AbacusLaw and we were within 10 days of missing a billing cycle. I asked the company several times to switch us back to Amicus. Finally, when they were faced with completely failure of the transition, they switched us back to Amicus so that we did not miss our billing cycle, something they promised would never happen. Since that time, we have done nothing but struggle with this company to maintain an environment that would allow Amicus to function with QuickBooks. They have not been able to maintain a constant link between their product and QuickBooks. It takes days to reestablish the link. Their tech support is not very responsive and they are not very aware of reoccurring problems, which indicates to me that they have a high turnover of personnel. They have assigned multiple people to our account in the past 12 months to resolve our persistent problems with their product. They are replaced or disappear without notice to us. As of today, we may wait days for a response from them. All of this is documented. It was a mistake to migrated from our private cloud environment to this company.

Marla from Law Offices of Scott G. Nathan

Highly recommend Abacus Private Cloud

Very positive, most importantly the support team is quick to respond and always able to help. I recommend APC highly.

Pros

The most important feature of the Abacus Private Cloud is the safety of the product. No fear of our computer being hacked. Everything thing is on the cloud. The software program keeps us organized, every matter is linked with names, notes, e-mails, documents and billing. It saves time and actually pays for itself in making sure all the work you do gets billed.

Cons

We initially purchased the Abacus software approximately 10 years ago. We switched to APC approximately 6-7 years ago, and have never regretted our decision.

Mark from Merdes Law Office, P.C.

CaseMap Customer Support's quick and concise response with a solution.

Pros

There are many with CaseMap: the ability to build a medical chronology; the CaseWide graph to show the medical chronology in a visual format; linking names, organizations, documents, medicines, etc.; the filtering capability along with the ability to customize filters.

Cons

I wish I had more flexibility with the CaseWide graph: to have the ability to select or differentiate between two (or more) filters by using separate colors that would distinguish the filtered criteria on the graph; the ability to adjust the date range of graph to get rid of dead space on the graph.

Travis from Belton Accounting Services, Inc.

Great IT Service for remote accounting firm

I now have a secure form of communication with my clients and one stop place to work and deliver my work to clients as well.

Pros

I needed an IT service that provided security and complete resources for my business and they provided an excellent comprehensive package with security.

Cons

The learning curve was the hardest to get used to but I found it very fluid once I got the hang of all the integrations.

Reasons for Choosing Abacus Private Cloud

I knew better than to do it myself and realized I needed help to get it setup and secured correctly.

Response from AbacusNext

Replied March 2020

Hi Travis, Thank you so much for your feedback! We love hearing that firms are finding so much success with our solutions. Would you be interested in being a featured customer story? Please let me know if you are interested! Natalie Lara The AbacusNext Marketing Team

Steven from Steven N. Long, P.C.

APC review

Overall, very pleased and the customer service has been excellent whenever issues have arisen.

Pros

The removal of updating software and upgrading hardware has been the best feature of using a cloud-based program. Access from anywhere there is an internet connection has been fantastic.

Cons

Not necessarily a cloud issue, but the Accounting portion of Abacus Law is very complicated and has far too many steps in the process as compared to a "windows" type program (Quickbooks). Our firm has tried to implement the Accounting side of Abacus Law but it is simply too complicated.

Joy from Weiss Zarett Brofman Sonnenklar & Levy, P.C.

Review of Abacus Private Cloud

If customer service was improved I would rate Abacus a 10/10 but for now an 8/10.

Pros

The overall functionaliy of the cloud and the security is fanatstic.

Cons

The call center, I say this because it all depends who you get when you call as some technicians are much better than others. Some technicians are absolute rockstars but not all. Also, I found that calling in and not getting help is unacceptable especially if it is time sensitive. I have also found that I have to follow-up on items and that should not be the case. Having one person to deal with would be ideal.

Randal from Fast Easy Accounting

We Started The Process Of Moving From Cloud9 To Abacus Next Sept 2017 Now Late Feb 2018 Horrible!

Pros

With over 40 years experience owning and operating several companies and have been "sold" by some of the best of the best and am not easily mislead until Abacus Next came along. I am willing to pay a premium price for premium service. I am not willing to pay a premium price for the opportunity to be anybody's Beta Tester and help them figure out what to do. When I asked for a link to documentation regarding how to login to the server and add a client I was told there is no documentation. What do I like best about Abacus Next? They are great entertainers and have helped me keep my blood moving.

Cons

We have heard nothing but excuses and spin and more spin. And practically everyone we have contact with at Abacus Next is continually pressuring us to buy more services. NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!! We are supposed to be transitioned off Cloud9 on March 05, 2018 but after today's dismal performance, another episode in the painful saga of Abacus Next we shall not let them move us until later in 2018 or 2019 even if it means we need to start some legal action. Today we got even more spin from their tech support who was supposed to assist with mapping out the process for our upcoming transition. He is a very nice, likable guy but did not appear to have a clue about anything. No idea how to set up a new client, what to put in the fields, could not even get us logged into our server. It appeared he was being coached by someone who knew even less than he did. It appears to me from what little I know from reading material on their website, their newsletters and other parts of the web that Abacus Next is in a growth mode buying up other companies. This concerns me deeply, and I wonder if they are growing so fast that they could get themselves in trouble. I have a bad gut-feeling about the stability of Abacus Next. For the record, I do not know anything about how their industry works so I could be mistaken and concerned about nothing. However, I do know good service from bad service, and so far all I have gotten from Abacus Next is terrible service.

Amy from UKASICK LAW FIRM

Product is easy and self explanatory

Makes life easier to be able to access from the cloud.

Pros

Makes my job easier. Easy to learn software. The system allows all the tools I need to use to be in one central location, whether it is contact information, calendar, emails, notes, etc. I love the Abacus Private Cloud. It allows me and my employer access to our information from anywhere we are. I have not had any issues with the software and we have it installed on my bosses laptop, smartphone and desktop.

Cons

Response from Abacus Data Systems

Replied April 2018

Hi Amy, Thank you for your review! We're glad to hear that the software makes your job easier and you found it easy to learn. We're thrilled to have you as a customer and look forward to continuing our partnership. Best, The AbacusNext Team

Jonathan from Huber Law Group, A.P.C.

Debilitatingly slow performance

We are very disappointed in the failure of APC to consistently operate as promised.

Pros

When this software works, it's great. If it operated consistently and in "real-time", I would highly recommend it.

Cons

In over a year of using APC, we have had regular, recurring, serious connection issues. I calculate an average of 5 hrs/wk in lost productivity per user over the last year. As indicated above, when functional, the system is great; the problem is, you never know whether you'll show up for work and be able to work, or whether you'll spend half the day on the phone with tech support trying to figure out why the system is lagging.

Cecilia from Walthall Law Firm, P.A.

Love the Concept

I have increased productivity by using the cloud. Having all information stored and readily accessible has saved time which in turn makes money. Customer service is typically very good but occasionally I have been dissatisfied at hold times.

Pros

I like the idea of having all my information in one place and an immediate backup in case of a catastrophe.

Cons

The connection is to slow. There is a delay in typing a document in my word processing. I have to wait several minutes at times for programs to open. I do not like that there is an expiration of connection throughout the day when idle. I have already exceeded the storage package I purchased, so cost continue to rise.

Lori from Axelrod & Associates, P.A.

APC

Great, for the most part. I do NOT like the way the client portal works now with regard to submitting tickets. Previously, we were able to copy co-workers when we put in a service request which, in turn, kept multiple employees from reporting the same issue. And there are times it is very difficult to get an actual person on the phone when we call directly.

Pros

I can access it from anywhere and everyone has access to customer support instead of guessing whether it is something our own team can do in-house, thereby making the office more productive and less interruptions.

Cons

That we were pretty much forced to move our practice to the cloud or lose support.

Paul from United Fluid Enterprises

Industry: Wholesale

Abacus Hosting of Quick Books

Easier and quicker access to my account. Glad we made the transition from Cloud9 to Abacus Private Cloud

Pros

Connection to the servers is more stable; less lost time accessing my QB account.

Cons

Having to purchase new QB software. Migration of my QB account from Cloud9 was problematic due to inexperience of the customer service reps with the process.

Abacus acquired Cloud9

Michael from Rhodes Osiek Patyk & Company

Former Customer

The customer support was hit or miss. Somedays excellent, some days awful. There were issues that never got resovlved. We never significantly changed our services over the years, but somehow our bill always increased.

Pros

Managed / Remote servers are nice and enable the workforce to be anywhere. This also reduced our need to monitor and babysit servers in our office.

Cons

Customer support is hit or miss and pricing.

Lori from Schweickert Ganassin Krzak Rundio LLP

Great Software

Overall satisfied.

Pros

Lots of great features. Great organization of client info.

Cons

Tends to disconnect on a daily basis. Not out for very long but still frustrating.

Response from AbacusNext

Replied March 2020

Hi Lori, Thank you so much for your feedback! We love hearing that firms are finding so much success with our solutions. Would you be interested in being a featured customer story? Please let me know if you are interested! Natalie Lara The AbacusNext Marketing Team

John from Massey Law Group Pa

We are pleased

Overall, we are pleased and would recommend the software to our colleagues.

Pros

We were a very complicated law practice and Abacus worked diligently with us to get the system to meet our needs and they got it up and running in little time. We love the customer service. They either answer immediately or return our call very promptly.

Cons

We operate in their cloud environment. Occasionally, it moves slower than my fingers type and it plays catch up for a few moments.

Reasons for Choosing Abacus Private Cloud

Security and ability to convert data from our former IT system.

Shannon from Keough & Moody PC

Industry: Law Practice

Our firm is a long term client of abacus. We love the APC version of the product.

Flexibility and productivity

Pros

Flexibility is key. The APC allows us to work from anywhere, at any time, and make changes on the fly if needed. Our designated APC support TAM is very responsive and helps our firm be more productive.

Cons

The APC can sometimes be a little slow since access is generally impacted by internet speeds and how your system may interact with the product.

Jaymie from Berriz Law Group

Industry: Law Practice

Easy, intuitive, keeps us on track. Customer support is awesome, friendly, so helpful!

Organization

Pros

Everything! Including the support. Abacus is always 2 steps ahead with functions we didn't even know we needed but makes our work so much easier!

Cons

Seems a little slow sometimes. There seems to be a lag for the cloud to send the signal to print. Also we can email large file attachments. Not sure if this is an Abacus problem though.

Eric from KroescheSchindler LLP

Industry: Law Practice

APC has been pleasure to work with from set up to use and growth from 2 users to 12 over 2 years

Pros

I most like (1) its reliability and security from any remote location and device, and (2) hot line customer service technical assistance within minutes of phoning in.

Cons

I would like to see the cost come down, but it is still a cost savings over managing our own network.

Response from Abacus Data Systems

Replied July 2017

Thank you for your feedback and we are happy to serve you as your technology partner as your team grows over time!

Mike from Strazzeri Mancini

Abacus Private Cloud User

Pros

The software is accessible when on the go. It allows you to work remotely and on the fly. For added security, access can be restricted to static IP address and dual authentication can be added to prevent others from accessing your data.

Cons

Project manager was new and transfer of data took longer than it should have.

Michelle from Fiori Law Office

This program has it all

Pros

I have been using this program for 7 years. We are currently on the cloud which is wonderful. I can access my client files from anywhere in the U.S. The customer support is quick and easy.

Cons

There are almost to many options. I am positive there are many more tools that I could be using but don't know about still.

Susan from Triangle Law Group

Abacus Review

I know where every account stands with their financial status at all times, and can just check the notes to see the latest on the events in the case.

Pros

Abacus is extremely user friendly, and the ability to access so much information with the click of a key is awesome.

Cons

When there are upgrades, we have a lot of problems getting the kinks worked out.

Michael from Pagoda Technologies LLC

The tech was knowledgeable, personable & he resolved the issue quickly and correctly the first time.

Security for users - ease of use - accessible from anywhere.

Pros

The software is easy to use - people that are very familiar with high end technology and people that are new to cloud systems both find APC easy to use. As an administrator of the system - it's awesome that everything is secure.

Cons

The only con I see with this software is accessing it - we have to configure an RDP connection, which isn't difficulty or time consuming, but it would be nice to have a native means of access.

Bate and Switch

Support is good but not really 24/7; after normal hours they will call you back when they can;

Pros

Ease of access from anywhere on any computer.

Cons

Initial sizing of systems needs was way off; forced me into poor service or 30% price increase and you are stuck with the contract even though it was their mistake.

Wynne from Bohonnon Law Firm, LLC

Abacus Private Cloud Experience

We were able to access secure client information remotely, permitting us to address client issues which come to us from different time zones.

Pros

The most daunting aspect of moving to the cloud was converting our data. I found that Abacus support was superb and the conversion straight forward.

Cons

My local printer is wireless and is not supported unless there is a VPN connection which is another $80.00 per month. It should be included or at a lower monthly price.

Cynthia from Cox and Associates, CPAs LLC

Our experience overall has been positive.

Pros

What we have enjoyed the most with APC is their customer service. The technicians that we have dealt with have been dedicated to finding a solution. If they could not fix something immediately, they have worked on it after our phone call and called me back. I have had a call back on an issue 3 days later to make sure the problem was still resolved. The technicians have been courteous, resourceful, and quick to respond.

Cons

At times the system has been slow to respond. It feels like you are working through molasses as you wait for a response. APC and Office Tools don't always seem to talk to each other. I have an issue with my Quickbooks software that has not been resolved since we got on the system almost 6 months ago. Although I am happy that the technician has called and tried a few options over the weeks, it seems like it should be resolved by now. It does not seem to be a complex issue.

William from Renaissance Condominium Association

Industry: Law Practice

Printing large PDFs slow; many technical problems which may times take very long to get resolved.

Pros

Handles both firm management and accounting; Ability to link matters, messenger capability; shared calendar

Cons

Technical problems-many of which remain open; cost; tech support has been spotty; lack of client portal; no consultation with users in coming up with new features.

Robert from ROBERT H GRIZZARD II

the cloud

use from many locations is good, a bit pricey but OK

Pros

Cons

the Tech support has, in the last year, become more cumbersome, and takes longer.