Review Highlights

Pros and Cons

• icon"Integration was easy for our practice. We love the ability to access from anywhere."
  • icon"There is nothing better than to simply turn on your computer, go remote and know that all of your work is backed up, protected and accessible."
  • icon"We are currently on the cloud which is wonderful. I can access my client files from anywhere in the U.S. The customer support is quick and easy."
  • icon"No client phone numbers, email, your calendar, etc, in addition to the various software programs. The frequency of service interruption - I loose connection at least once a day."
  • icon"Horrible, cumbersome integration with Microsoft 365 (which was forced upon us - we didn't know that when we contracted)."
  • icon"When it crashes, it gets frustrating. Sometimes the accounting software boots you out mid billing and that is extremely frustrating."

Have you used Abacus Private Cloud and would like to share your experience with others?

All Abacus Private Cloud Reviews

Michaael

Company size: 2 - 10 employees

Worst business decision of my career

Ada

Industry: Law Practice

A Robust solution for today's mobile office needs

Customer rep went above and beyond for me. He did the following for me: He helped me update a laptop running remote access to the APC Cloud so the toolbar could be updated to include a size retractable feature; reinstalled the Message Slips icon; updated java; and created access in the APC to scan folders located on the local computer for 2 laptops accessing the APC. He also recommended the use of micro SD cards to expand storage capabilities for the laptops included in our Abacus subscription. This was really important because these laptops have limited resources and performing Windows updates was becoming impossible. Rep did all of this without missing a beat. Our lives were made a whole lot easier today because of rep' diligent help! Thank you so very much!”

Pros

The software has a wealth of features that can make tracking cases and billing so much easier.

Cons

It does take a while to learn most of the features but it is worth the time.

Izzy

Great Fast and Easy

Great, Amazing experience

Pros

It's really easy to use simple and fast it has access to so much information

Cons

We cannot have certain software updates on apps we use because they're not compatible

Reasons for switching to Abacus Private Cloud

Time matters did not offer everything we needed and that Abacus has

Elliott

Abacus Private Cloud Review

I like the product very much. I compared it recently to other legal software programs that have similar functions and I think this one with all the additional features works the best for my office.

Pros

I like the integration of the court forms with the client base. The calendaring is excellent. If one uses the notes it is easy to keep track of the clients' information and keeps them updated. The ease of logging on from off-site is easy. We were able to have everyone work from home within 2 days of implementation. We don't need physical files and can put the clients' entire file on a dvd for storage. Service has always been very good. They walk you through what they are doing so you know how to do in in the future if necessary.

Cons

It is a bit expensive, and I would like them to give us a break on the price when we add users. Some part time users cost the same as full time. I would like it to integrate with an accounting program like QuickBooks.

Reasons for choosing Abacus Private Cloud

I had been using the Abacus program for many years and liked their approach to a cloud based program. We didn't have to do much in the way of conversion.

Russell

May 2022

Stay away at all costs!

Absolutely dreadful. The worst experience I have ever had with any company in 20+ years of business. I am stuck in a contract paying hundreds of dollars per month for an unusable piece of garbage.

Pros

The sales pitch is a managed, hosted VM environment with integrated technical support.

Cons

The VMS are completely unusable - slow, buggy, bogged down when anyone is running anything. No one can get any work done due to excessive lag. Many, many support tickets have been opened and no resolution has been given. I eventually gave up after 6 months and stopped trying to use it. Unfortunately I am stuck with a 5 year contract and so still have to pay. They tout 24/7 support. We called several times after hours and were told to leave a message and someone would call back. Not. One. Time. did anyone call me back. Having to call in for help every time we need to install an update is a huge annoyance.

Reasons for switching to Abacus Private Cloud

Azure's costs were going up every month with no end in sight. I needed fixed costs where every conceivable metric didn't result in an additional charge.

Elizabeth

Very good before Abacus took over

If it hadn't been for the good experience with Cloud9 Realtime, I never would have remained with Abacus.

Pros

Once we got through the MANY problems encountered and the COUNTLESS hours spent troubleshooting issues with various technicians due to the conversion to the new Windows platform, the software ultimately works and our users have no issues accessing their QB files.

Cons

The fact that the technical support is hit or miss. There were numerous issues between June and January that cost us hours and hours of time, starting with our emails being blacklisted by Abacus. We spent quite a bit of time being bounced around by your techs insisting it was our mail exchange creating the problem. Then we moved into the Microsoft server upgrade and data conversion. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and his team made this as time consuming as possible for us. After that, we ran into major glitches getting the upgrades to run-more time spent on our end until we found the tech that knew what he was doing.

Autunm

Cloudbased for Times Such as These

Pros

Fully mobile cloud base and exactly the same no matter where you use it. I love the feature that prompts you to bill.

Cons

It can be glitch-y and hard to get a person to understand the issues when you call customer service. It is expensive.

Response from AbacusNext

Hi Autumn, Thank you for your feedback. We greatly appreciate it! Would you be interested in being one of our featured customer stories? We are hearing countless testimonials about our APC environment due to the current state and we want to share your experience! Let me know what you think! Natalie Lara The AbacusNext Marketing Team

Replied March 2020

Lynne

Cloud Review from a small business

The Cloud allows us to support our clients by being able to login from different locations and help them with their Quickbooks issues. Saves us a lot of time - which is great!

Pros

Most important to us is that our clients can login easily to the Cloud and access their software - and if they get stuck, we can login too and see what they are doing. Saves us from traveling to each client's office. The Tech support people are wonderful and very friendly!

Cons

We seem to have the same problem when our clients can't login. If too many of our clients logout improperly, the Cloud gets stuck and won't open for anyone. Somehow, this seems like it should be a fixable problem. Also, the Cloud seems a little pricey for our small company.

Debra

Industry: Law Practice

Lifesaver billing and calendaring program

The billing program pays for itself in less than an hour.

Pros

With the recent pandemic, I had to act fast to get up and running my own firm. Having Abacus Private Cloud in place allowed me to bill on time and accurately.

Cons

I had this software and was not using it adequately.

n/z

Response from AbacusNext

Hi Debra! My name is Natalie and I'm on the Marketing Team at Abacus. I wanted to reach out and say thank you for the feedback! It's great to hear that AbacusLaw has been a great resource for you during this crazy time. I wanted to reach out to see if you would be interested in being one of our first customers to film a video review? We'd love to include you in this cool new project! Please let me know if you are interested! Thank you, Natalie

Replied July 2020

Sandra

February 2022

Don't Waste Your Money - Not Worth It!

The worst.

Pros

Both the software and support failed miserably to meet our firm's basic needs. Trusting Abacus is a decision we deeply regret.

Cons

Our firm was unable to utilize the features of this software, and yet, when we made that known to Abacus, they refused to let us out of our five year contract. Over 15K for nothing!! Don't do it! You will regret it!

Reasons for choosing Abacus Private Cloud

Had previously tried Clio and was disappointed with that product. The salesman for Abacus convinced us that their software and support would be better. It wasn't.

Safe and easy

The main benefit is the safety and security of our data. Knowing it won't be lost no matter what happens to my computer, and knowing there are smart tech people a phone call away to fix whatever goes wrong, is invaluable to me.

Pros

We've been using the Abacus Private Cloud for about a year now and it has been an excellent service. Very easy to use and adaptable to the programs we use. What I like most though is that our client data is safe. We share office space with a firm that does not use Abacus Private Cloud and they recently were the victims of a ransomware attack where all of their data was seized. They elected not to pay the ransom and subsequently lost ALL of their data. While no system can ever be totally secure, I sleep much better at night knowing that our data is as secure as it can be. I purchased a new computer two weeks ago and called the Abacus support to get my new computer onto the cloud network. They had me installed and up and running in about 2 minutes. I really couldn't ask for better service.

Cons

I don't have any cons worth mentioning right now. No software is perfect for every application but abacus does everything I need right now.

LAURA

Promises made, not kept

I would not recommend it for a multi-office accounting firm. The concept is great if it works. I would definitely talk to a tech person, not the sales person, before even considering the switch. In addition, if there is any hesitancy on their end about a program, etc..., I would not go with them. They have a problem with the right hand knowing what the left hand has promised and they drop off the face of the earth when they don't know what to do to assist you with a problem.

Pros

The transition was mostly smooth but there were a couple of programs that we could not get to work on the cloud. It was nice having (mostly) all programs in one place for access because we have two offices that are dependent of each other for data purposes but we could access the other office data if needed.

Cons

Abacus knew everything about our firm at the outset, even before we signed the contract, and yet they did not allow enough resources (processing power) for us to work efficiently. The programs always had some lag to them and we could never find the right person to address our issues. We went through a tax season with minimal support and slow programs and their answer ended up being not enough resources and a hefty price tag to get us up to where we should have been in the first place, but they just wanted to make the sale. We were assigned a person as our liason and most often we would not get a response when reaching out to them, so we would reach out to our sales person and basically anyone who would listen just trying to get help. Both of our office's internet speeds were over what was required, so that was not our issue. We feel like we were talked into something to make the sale, then we were put on the back burner and not provided what we were promised. We purchased early September and promised to be up and running by end of October and by the we were not fully functional yet in January. Granted we have a good many programs, but again, it was all provided to them up front and they guaranteed it would not be a problem. We cut ties the following October, after working in it for 1 tax season and not getting the results we needed to run efficiently without a large additional monthly outflow.

Reasons for choosing Abacus Private Cloud

Price and promise of ease, use, and speed

Misty

Growing Pains

Pros

We came into Abacus Private Cloud after attending a show in Las Vegas, CA to review OfficeTools. The companies were merging which seemed like a natural progression for us however, there were many bugs to work out with our cloud environment. It has become rather pricey to function and OfficeTools was delayed by almost a year. Now we lack much support and contact on OfficeTools from our original pitch.

Cons

It is very expensive and there seems to be bottlenecks even on the items I have been given admin rights to address such as password resets.

Victoria

Abacus Private Cloud

Abacus Private Cloud was easy to navigate, and easy to customize to your needs. I preferred it over some other companies legal software. I would recommend it for someone who wants more detailed file keeping.

Pros

I liked that we could customize the fields. When working on a file, we could have all important details on the first page of the matter and retrieve the information fast.

Cons

Saving documents to the cloud was often time consuming. You would have to save it and pull it into the matter. It also wasn't as advanced as some of the other products I've seen. It did it's job though.

Randal

We Started The Process Of Moving From Cloud9 To Abacus Next Sept 2017 Now Late Feb 2018 Horrible!

Pros

With over 40 years experience owning and operating several companies and have been "sold" by some of the best of the best and am not easily mislead until Abacus Next came along. I am willing to pay a premium price for premium service. I am not willing to pay a premium price for the opportunity to be anybody's Beta Tester and help them figure out what to do. When I asked for a link to documentation regarding how to login to the server and add a client I was told there is no documentation. What do I like best about Abacus Next? They are great entertainers and have helped me keep my blood moving.

Cons

We have heard nothing but excuses and spin and more spin. And practically everyone we have contact with at Abacus Next is continually pressuring us to buy more services. NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!! We are supposed to be transitioned off Cloud9 on March 05, 2018 but after today's dismal performance, another episode in the painful saga of Abacus Next we shall not let them move us until later in 2018 or 2019 even if it means we need to start some legal action. Today we got even more spin from their tech support who was supposed to assist with mapping out the process for our upcoming transition. He is a very nice, likable guy but did not appear to have a clue about anything. No idea how to set up a new client, what to put in the fields, could not even get us logged into our server. It appeared he was being coached by someone who knew even less than he did. It appears to me from what little I know from reading material on their website, their newsletters and other parts of the web that Abacus Next is in a growth mode buying up other companies. This concerns me deeply, and I wonder if they are growing so fast that they could get themselves in trouble. I have a bad gut-feeling about the stability of Abacus Next. For the record, I do not know anything about how their industry works so I could be mistaken and concerned about nothing. However, I do know good service from bad service, and so far all I have gotten from Abacus Next is terrible service.

Marcia