• Pros

• "I like the price and the features that come with it. Especially the integration with Webroot!"

• "The remote connection is solid and painless and the cost is outstanding. The organization of clients is great as well. Oh, did I mention that the cost is outstanding? :)"

• "It's many features, price and support. The remote tool works and the file transfer."

• Cons

• "There were a few missing features but nothing we couldn't handle in another manner."

• "It is so easy to use that I have a hard time finding the cons. There are some features that I don't use at all, such as the knowledgebase."

• "The Bugs are annoying, but every update they seem to fix them as they arrive. I do wish they had a file explorer module for the webpage without having to remote into the agent. "

Browse Atera Reviews

Troy from Exact IT Consulting

Lightweight - Easy to Navigate - Decent integration

Easy management of hundreds of endpoints/customers.

Pros

Splashtop is a very lightweight and easy to deploy streamer. The RMM client is also very lightweight and resource light compared to others. Email Ticketing and portal ticketing work very well. Reports and metrics are very comprehensive and easy to generate. The recent addition of a chat client was a great move, and adds a few steps of fucntionality. REST API (See Cons)

Cons

Quickbooks integration is available but is finicky. No matter how much we work with them to get the few wrinkles ironed out, it never seems to improve (Class types not populating properly once imported to QB) REST API is very powerful, until its not. There are a lot of options in the API, but there could definitely be more. They offer a community forum to request features, but any API requests seem to go unseen/unattenteded.

Brian from Relion

Great option for small MSP looking for a simple, affordable solution

We're a small MSP with 3 techs. Labtech/Connectwise is WAY overkill. We miss a few features but honestly it hasn't been enough of a hindrance to regret our decision. Cost savings is worth whatever bells and whistles we lost. Can it be better? Sure. But that's why it's great knowing the dev team is constantly releasing new features and improvements.

Pros

Great option for small MSP looking for a simple, affordable solution Simplicity. It felt a bit barebones at first coming from Labtech, but it refocused us on the important things and not get scatter brained. We took on the attitude of "if Altaro doesn't have it, you don't need it". It's been two years and we honestly haven't looked back. It's also great having a flat fee per tech instead of per agent fee. It's a relief when deploying agents since It doesn't feel like I'm incurring additional overhead each time I add an agent. I also appreciate their agile feature releases. It gives me the feeling that the team is not sitting still and always earning my dollar.

Cons

The reporting is a bit weak. I'm used to being able to hook into the database and generate custom reports coming from Connectwise. I used to have a Excel pivot table pulling data directly from Connectwise and it was data nerd heaven. While API is available, it doesn't supply the same volume of information that the built-in reports offer. I submitted a feature request to simply expose the reports via API (this is how Connectwise does it) so hopefully that will happen in the future. Also, Splashtop remote control that comes with Atera is just too slow to connect. It's actually pretty good once the connection is established, but there's a ~30 sec delay from the time you click on the button. That might not sound like much, it can feel like eternity when there is a customer on the phone. Plus it takes too long to find out when the connection doesn't work for some reason. We bit the bullet and paid for Screenconnect.

Cost / simplicity

Rich from DiamondNet, Inc.

Highly recommend Atera

Customers are happy that I can quickly and easily remotely connect to their computers and resolve issues. Generating reports for customers is very valuable as it shows what my customers are getting for the price they pay for my services. Having customers simply send an email for support tickets has greatly reduced call volume and made things less stressful.

Pros

Atera is very much interested in what their customers think and request for suggestions or improvements. Atera is affordable because they charge per technician instead of per end point. The Atera interface is fast and not bogged down with so many features that it makes it confusing and time consuming. I really like that the main features of support tickets, Alerts, and Reports are easy to get to and analyze. The support ticket system is quick and easy to use as a technician and it's great that customers just have to send a simple email to create a support ticket. Atera Reports are great to create and send to customers to show what is happening behind the scenes. Remote connection to customers' computers is another feature that works very well. Connecting remotely to my customers' computers is quick and easy. No messing around with codes or having customers download and install extra special software.

Cons

Not much to dislike about Atera. I would like to see the Alerts to be improved upon by making them not alert me every time a computer has a small spike in CPU and/or memory usage as well as temperatures. I would also like to see the Atera website more compatible with the new Microsoft Edge browser that is being released in January of 2020. Currently the support tickets' information details appear as narrow paragraphs. Currently there is no mobile app to get notifications of new support tickets and to access and edit current support tickets.

Reasons for Choosing Atera

Affordable and easy to use with just the right features I need for my business.

James from Local IT Solutions

Quality has gone downhill

We have been with Atera since 2015. We have seen a lot of changes, most for the better. But at the start of 2019 everything has gone down hill. The site is slow, remote support (Splashtop) frequently goes down, and the lack of true support. What I mean by lack of true support is that they know they have a problem on their end, yet you get a canned response from them to flush your cookies and history. We are a IT company! We know a problem when we see one, and flushing our browsers is not going to fix the issues they are having. It is quite embarrassing when a customer calls you and you are unable to help them remotely because your systems don't work. Time to move to another RMM!

Pros

The price point for this product is excellent, if it worked properly.

Cons

Constant issues in the past few months. Cannot use remote frequently, it fails consistently since January 2019. Customer support is responsive in a canned response kind of way.

Jason from Arcstream Network Services

Excellent value all around

This is the best value I have been able to find with all the RMMs, with all the features I need and many I dont, that i have been able to find at a good price point for any company size. I dont know that I could ask for more, very satisfied with this service.

Pros

I love the amount of easy organization, the full functionality for device agent software, reporting, alerts, and overall ease of use that sits at the point of not being overblown and too much to work with.

Cons

I have yet to find something I do not like, but I wish there was more granular control per agent on being able to select what is reported on for alerts.

Reasons for Choosing Atera

overpriced for small business affordability

Saad from North horizon Consulting

Most options available for a small MSP

Overall we love ATERA, we use it daily to perform several tasks, monitor our client's entire networks and PC's we are then able to suggest improvements and stay on top of our client's needs.

Pros

Atera's Pricing model that includes most services and unlimited nodes for one price. The support is also excellent

Cons

Nothing to Dislike but Lack of Linux agent is killing us.

Reasons for Choosing Atera

Very easy to use, implement and cost-effective for a small MSP

Aaron from Protek Services LLC

Industry: Computer Networking

Great Product!

Bob from Total BusinessWare

They hit the sweet spot...

Excellent experience. Wish I found them years earlier.

Pros

They started with a clean slate, fresh thinking and single purpose. There is no bloat. They hit the sweet spot. We ditched a system that was costing us more, but price isnt everything or even the most important thing We are now doing more with our RMM than ever before. -Its easier to use, does everything we need and the support is fantastic!

Cons

If you run it up on your mobile device, the UI is a little more limited, for example I could not find a way to run scripts. To work around this, navigate to the device you want and tell your browser to switch from mobile to desktop version of the site. They are also releasing a native mobile app soon, perhaps it will include ability to run scripts on mobile in a more streamlined manner.

Lanny from Fuse

Great MSP Program

Great solution for overall RMM

Pros

Everything is easily accessible. A few clicks and you're where you need to be. Auditing reports are a life saver!

Cons

Haven't found one issue. This solution work's great for any MSP looking to keep close tabs and easily manage their client.

Cassio from Economicros

Great tool!

We use Atera everyday to support around 400 devices, and it just do your job! We can access all our managed devices remotely seamlessly and offer a great experience to our customers. Thanks Atera!

Pros

Its very easy to get started with Atera. All features works out of the box, you just need to create a customer, install agent on costumer's computers and you're good to go!

Cons

Some recently updates added features as "paid addons".

Joseph from JDS Networking LLC

Industry: Computer Networking

Good foundation, but the ticketing and reporting needs to mature

Overall the Monitoring and Alerts work great and that's all we have fully implemented. The patch management and the remote management features do a great job. Hopefully the ticketing and reports will improve and we can start using them. For us, the parts we use are worth the price, but hopefully we can implement the other features. We haven't tested their integration with Webroot, since we had already standardized on Bitdefender. We also haven't tested their integrated backup solution since we have been using another product. We will be testing the backup to see how it performs, but cannot find any real reviews on it which has scared us away from it for now.

Pros

The monitoring part of Atera is great. It allows a lot of customization, snmp monitoring and per-customer settings. Setting custom thresholds is easy. The dashboard gives exactly what we need to monitor all our customers systems at a glance. The ability to create a custom installer for each client saves a lot of time populating all the devices to the correct client. The per technician pricing with unlimited devices was a big pro over the competition. The patch management does a good job overall and being able to powershell into a computer to restart services and run commands without interrupting a user helps a lot.

Cons

Reporting and ticketing definitely needs to mature. Reporting is very basic with almost no customization. You can create custom fields for devices, but there is no way to show them on any report. The ticketing is a very cumbersome process. Starting a ticket is easy, but if you try to edit one after the fact it forces you to create a new time entry email (yes email), that you must delete if you don't want to keep it. Then you can edit the original entry. Another big glitch, on the tickets there is a big description box to enter comments, but they do not show up on the time sheet/billing report or any other report. To get the technicians notes to show up for billing, you have to go back into the ticket and edit the individual time entry and type in a new description. The "comments" on the original ticket don't show up anywhere except by mousing-over the list of tickets - not on any reports. Only the separate description that you can only access by editing a ticket shows up anywhere. For us having to do so much extra manual work makes the ticketing/billing part pretty useless. It has a lot of potential, but still needs a lot of work. I'm hoping the ticketing and billing will improve, but for us the monitoring and alerting is really all we are able to make work for us right now. While the SplashTop works great, we are still using GoToAssist for remote support; since it gives a notes filed when a session ends that we can use for billing, until ticketing matures.

Response from Atera

Replied September 2019

Hello, Joseph! Thank you for the long and in-depth review, we really appreciate the time and thought people like you put into helping us develop our product! Our Customer Success team will reach out to you, in order for us to better understand which features regarding reports and ticketing need improving, besides the comment implementation. Are there any specific reports that you would like to see become more granular and customizable? If so, how will it allow you to improve your services/save time on the daily tasks? In regards to having ticket comments displayed on reports, some users might find this bothersome. We do, however, understand the need for such a feature, and agree on the possibility of having it enabled or disabled. Since we are community-driven, we highly encourage you to post your suggestions on our Features Board, and once it gets enough traction from the community, it will be tackled by our amazing dev team.

Aziz from American Foundation for the Blind

Atera Review

Atera allows us to have a Help Desk system, remote login capabilities, and inventory management all in one.

Pros

The amount of features for the price is hard to compete with.

Cons

The user interface isn't as simple and elegant as other more expensive alternatives. Searching for devices based on serial number still hasn't been implemented.

Reasons for Choosing Atera

TeamViewer is a much more expensive alternative.

Kaine from Cloud Solutionz

My experience with Atera has been pretty positive. Atera has become essential in our workplace.

Pros

What I like about Atera is it's user friendly GUI, simplicity and overall performance. Atera has plenty of features, especially at it's price point. Unlike other RMM's, Atera offers a base price, with an unlimited amount of devices. This is a huge pro, as it allows us to test certain things on specific devices before rolling everything out, without being charged a "per device" fee. It's also nice to have in general, as with the remote support integrations, it can be utilized to remotely access (via integrated Splashtop for FREE) specific machines as well, while still avoiding that "per device" fee. The integrated ticking system is quite convenient as well. It saves from having to purchase third party software to handle similar tasks (which are required by most RMM's nowadays.) Overall, my business currently relies on Atera for a multitude of tasks, which it performs very well at.

Cons

The only real con I have for Atera, is that it currently does not support the ability for a customer login account. This is kind of a downer for us, as some of our customers like to login to view their site/network (of course with limited access). To be able to do this currently requires the use of multiple technician licenses, which can get Very costly if multiple techs at multiple clients want to have access. That aside, the only other downside is that there's currently no integration with Bitdefender nor Cloudberry.

Steven from SFB Technology

Atera, the one stop, low cost, go to, for all your IT Managed Services needs

When we started our IT Managed Services business, we had gone with another vendor for PSA, RMM, and Remote Support. After spending thousands of dollars and wasting untold hours doing configurations, we thought that there had to be a better way. That is when we found Atera! I only wish we would have found Atera sooner because we would have saved so much time and money. It is clear that Atera was built from the ground up, by people who understand what it's like to run an MSP. We setup the free trial, then had Atera up and running in literal MINUTES. Seriously, in minutes we had the entire thing configured, with our branding and email and automated ticketing responses. Also, the fact that you are not charged for every agent has been such a blessing to our clients because that means that, we are able to put agents onto systems that we otherwise would not have. So, even system that only get break fix support, can now have an agent on them, which allows us to remotely troubleshoot them. This fact alone saves tons of money and time! Bottom line, if you are a new MSP or even a seasoned provider, you will get a tremendous value from choosing or switching to Atera. One last thing I will say. Since Atera recently moved the entire platform over a Microsoft Azure infrastructure, they have been pushes out updates and improvements a breakneck pace!

Pros

Low cost of entry and low monthly cost No cost for per agent VERY easy setup VERY easy to use

Cons

Not as feature rich as some of the pricier competitors, but since moving to Microsoft Azure, they have been adding new features left and right!

Response from Atera

Replied April 2019

Thanks so much Steven! We truly appreciate your great feedback and are happy to say that we are continuing to make daily updates to make your experience even better!

Robert from Computerama, Inc.

Great value easy to use

I've used all of the major RMM tools and this is the best value for what I do. The support has been very good and they reach out to offer help regularly.

Pros

Cons

It's a work in progress and the progress is going along rapidly.

Atera Review aftera few months of Use

Things have been great. I am a one man shop and even though I have been with Atera a few months now, I still consider myself an onboarding customer. I am no longer taking on new clients as my workload is full, but I do feel that once I am completely switched over, not only will I be more organized, but I will also be saving a lot of money that can be reinvested.

Pros

The obvious benefit is the pricing model for Atera. I can now add devices and then worry about the billing later as it is not by device. I also like the rate of updates, and the quick access to a live chat support during the day. All of the features I would need daily are there, task manager, service manager, event logs, etc....as well as some nice extras I haven't yet to configure but will soon, like the Help desk agent that provides endpoint chat to your customers with automatic ticket creation.

Cons

Some things are a little clunky and not as intuitive as they should be, or not yet a 'polished' module and needs some work. Some examples: the event logs are now full of atera service entries that drown out most useful items, they said there is a way to filter it out, but I have't found a way to stop just Atera entries. Looking for software installed using the reports doesn't allow you generate all software on an endpoint, just where a specific piece of software is installed. Most MSPs (afaik) would prefer to see all software installed, as well as having the ability to look for software, so that they can locate bad things installed. File transfer speed through Splashtop is very slow, but I have other remote tools that don't make this an issue for me. There is very little asset tracking for hardware or software installed as well. You also cannot view software installed on an offline device.

John from Information Technology and Services

Great product for the price

I do love the simplicity of Atera. The support has been great anytime I needed them. I use it all day long and it has become a very important aspect of my work that would be difficult to do without. The price is very accommodating.

Pros

I use this everyday. I went with Atera because the price and they use Splashtop. I have been using splashtop for a year prior. The setup was easy. I can connect with my iPad which is a plus for me. They are always introducing features and since they switch to the new azure fabric, I have had no issues.

Cons

I really wish they had a task list with each client. So when onsite I can add or complete those task. I use another software right now that does that. They had lots of issues prior to the move the Azure fabric but looks like that move has help the stability of the product. The ticket and billing system does not flow for me. Maybe one day it will.

Josh from Two Point Zero Ltd

Amazing features and disruptive pricing

Pros

The pricing was the biggest draw card for us. Making it an IT Tool not an added service we onsell to our clients. The API is helpful

Cons

There is no true app, we have written our own to make it easier for our techs to get data into the system

Reasons for Choosing Atera

Great balance of features and price point

Neil from The Plymouth IT Manager

A great PSA tool at a compelling price

Pros

Atera gives me the tools I need to provide remote monitoring and management of my client's IT. It's got a robust and easy-to-set-up NMS, excellent remote access tools and automation is straightforward and intuitive. Initial setup was very easy and I can deploy the agent via an installer or Active Directory. There is an Agent for MacOS which actually works. There's a nice little client database for me to track client configurations and notes. There is a helpdesk system that I do not use at present as I have another combined helpdesk/ordering/billing system that I have used for some time. Atera charge by the agent, not the node, meaning it is incredible value for money and it enables me to be ultra-competitive on pricing too where the situation calls for it.

Cons

I really like the system and it's really hard to knock it. For a PSA tool it's just what I need and it suits me very well.

Philip from The Pennsylvania SPCA

Industry: Veterinary

Atera = More Sleep

My experience has been pretty good so far with Atera. It has definitely improved in the last few months as some major patches were released.

Pros

I love that I can have unlimited endpoints. Ease of use from phone, tablet, and computer. Reporting is great for the boss and the board to see how we are doing tech wise. Tech support is always getting involved and going above and beyond for my requests.

Cons

Splashtop is not always the most responsive. Lacking some automation that is provided by other companies such as Labtech and Kaseya. Does not integrate with trend micro.

Response from Atera

Replied April 2019

Thanks so much for your feedback, Philip! We are happy to hear about your positive experience working with us, and are using your feedback to make our system even better. As always please feel free to reach out to us at any time.

Everton from Airways

Atera Review

I have not had to use their customer support as yet. I found the overall software quite user friendly and easy to use and i was able to get it setup, customized and deployed just by using their knowledge base articles. I also liked that i did not get a sales call the day after i signed up for the 30 day trial. I was able to take my time and play around with the solution and then they contacted me and offered me a walk through using my own setup so that the questions and answered were targeted to me rather than the general features and functionality pitch which i already read through on their website.

Pros

What i liked most about atera was that they included remote control software, a helpdesk ticketing system, patch management and Customer Management , plus more as part of their package with a single low cost fee licensed per technician rather than per device. This pricing model really made me take a good look at them and while there is still room for improvement the solution provided right now works very well for me and allows me to move away from the break/fix model and become more proactive with issues.

Cons

Coming from allows Corporate background i found their software inventory to not be up to what i was expecting. I am told this is being worked on and once delivered i may have to nit pick to find some cons

Shaun from BG Technology

Easy to setup and always evolving in the right ways

Scaled up very fast with minimum overheads.

Pros

Easy to use, SAAS based, unlimited endpoints, great price, solid product with great support. I have used labtech, kaseya with connectwise and Naverisk and no place I have worked at has ever utilised each of the products to their capacity, especially compared to the price. No sense in having un-used features. We have built our Atera instance "our way" to suit our method of doing business and it's amazing. It covers everything we require and is still evolving, but that's part of the fun.

Cons

OSX support is additional. "Select All" to apply script would be useful. Billing / time recording could be more polished.

Atera has a lot to offer.

Pros

Atera is the simplest backup, antivirus, Help Desk, and password organizer that I've ever used. It's so easy to use. Its very easy to put a system in Atera, add Webroot, and then back it up. The customers feature makes obtaining contacts, passwords, devices, and tickets as easy as possible.

Cons

Sometimes the website would crash and we'd have to wait for support to fix it. Other than that the cost was the biggest problem. We also had to move all our passwords manually, which took some time.

Craig from Abussi Ltd

Atera is the RMM/PSA tool I was looking for and couldn't find, but when I did it was amazing

Pros

The most important part of the Atera software experience is the 'single pane of glass' approach to your MSP business. Tickets, Device Information, Customer Contact, Backup and Reports are all in the same console. Other RMM/PSA tools offer connectivity between different API linked software, but with Atera is all in one place - Brilliant !

Cons

A custom reporting tool would be useful, given we can add bespoke fields to the DB it would be good to then create reports which pull these bespoke fields into a report of our choice. Other than this 'feature enhancement' there is little I don't like about Atera

Richard from The Free Methodist Foundation

Atera Has Support figured Out!

My overall experience has been exceptional. I am a raving fan and recommend Atera frequently to colleagues in my peer group.

Pros

I have used several remote support and help desk applications over the years going all the way back to Tivia in the 1990's. Atera is easy to install, the remote access, reporting, and patch management superior and their customer support is hands down the best I have experience across any application. Atera is the first app I load in the morning and the last I shut down at night.

Cons

I wish some of the reports had more html functionality

Martin

Industry: Photography

MSP Resources for the "Little" Guy

With over 25 years providing individual and SMB hardware, software, training, Internet, support as a the "Virtual IT Guy", the evolution of off premises services and support places the traditional "Break | Fix" IT support role at risk. First came the ease of remote access to client computers reducing the number of times an onsite visit was required to kill a print job or configure an email account or any traditional on site services. The Enterprise computing environment has had resources for remote connectivity and support for many years. Such has not been the case for individuals and SMB. If one considers RMM | PSA | billing functionality, it has always been device oriented resulting in costs exceeding SMB ability and willingness to pay. The redeeming and game changing aspect of ATERA is the pricing model by user as opposed to device. It is now possible to become an MSP with serious MSP Tools. It is now possible to continue to service clients as an MSP. Where I have envisioned days being numbered with respect to supporting clients, Atera now makes it possible to go head on head with the more traditional MSP service providers and come out on top

Pros

The biggest plus is the User versus Device billing model. It is a small, customer orientated company that easily responds to email and inquiry. I believe, if they can do something to help, they will. They are also listening to ideas and suggestions to help with the continuing evolution of ATERA.

Cons

A small, new company with whom one must be willing to grow services as they become available. It places one in a position of wanting some services NOW that will have to come later as the company continues to evolve.

Manny from Silva IT Services

New way for IT Support

We are a small IT Support service provider. Growing our client base was always going to be a problem as access to quality trained IT Tech's are not always available. Changing our business model from break-fix to Managed Support via Atera, allowed our business to grow without the huge overhead costs. Our clients are impressed as we are able to predict risks to business without costly site visits. Atera's service is great and product is very easy to use out the box.

Pros

Easy to use Full training available Great support team Good product development Very cost effective

Cons

Non

Erwin from Niokaska Technology Solutions

ATERA is the best RMM software I ever used

I install and support POS software and needed a very easy to use software in order to monitor the equipment installed. I have more than 30 customers at this time, and ATERA always let me know what is going on with the systems and allowed me to remote control them if needed for assistance and also for tranining.

Pros

Easy to Use Easy to Deploy Very intuitive interface All the features I needed

Cons

I can not think of any at this point, sincerely if you need a good RMM software that includes everything you could ever need to help and support your customers ATERA is the right one.

Response from Atera

Replied April 2019

Thanks so much for your great feedback, Erwin! We are happy to hear about your positive experience working with us. As always please feel free to reach out to us at any time.

Toby

April 2016

Undoubtably one of the easiest Cloud Based MSP solutions on the market.

We've swapped from SolarWinds N-Able and haven't looked back. There are some more advanced management features missing that some of other providers offer however in reality we rarely used them and when we did they were exceptionally complicated and usually it was just easier to remote into the machine and fix manually. Support from the Atera team has been great and there's been several updates to the system adding new features in three months we've been using it (specifically focusing on requests from the end users).

Pros

* Easy to install light weight Agent * Quick Remote Support Tool * Easy per Technician Pricing Structure with Unlimited Device Management * Integrated Cloud Backup and Email Threat/Spam Protection * Modern, Clean Cloud based User Interface and Dashboard * Built-In Ticketing System integrates with supported Zapier apps for Accounting and Billing * Ticketing System has time tracking built it. * Audible Alerts on Device Failure * Help Desk agent allows clients to submit tickets with key-combination (Screen shots are attached to the ticket)

Cons

* Lacks the advanced Remote Command Prompt other solutions provide. * No Apple Mac Agent (Mac clients are monitored via SNMP) * Mobile portal lacks some of the features of the full site. * No Integrated AV (But has support to monitor third party AV) * No Dedicated Mobile App (Though they focus heavily on their Mobile Portal) * Would like more options to customization the branding

Jim from Keenan Techologies, LLC

So far so good, perfect for a small business, MSP or not!

It is allowing me to offer a more worldly service from a single end user set up.

Pros

More and more businesses are heading away from the triage/ break fix model for IT support. There is definitely room for a hybrid between this model and the managed services model in the market. The Atera software offers a very robust solution for smaller companies to offer this hybrid and to work smarter and not harder. The pricing is amazing and it allows the tool to be used for ALL clients to an extent with a more robust management option for the managed service clients.

Cons

I have used a few other agents for similar services. Some have been much more ingrained in the system and offer a bit more control and support of the system. Some of the patching interface seems a bit "clunky", but not unmanageable. To be fair, Atera does have a "suggestions" option, so I will be offering my input regularly on what would make it work better for me and businesses my size.

A great tool for a IT support helpdesk

Pros

Great toolbox to ensure reports and service to our customers. With Atera I have fully daily focus on task and demands from our customers

Cons

Atera will be perfect if it could intergrade with a time registration platform, HR management tool Time registration on-site, or on project planning. simple report define by users

Koen from frogit bvba

atera is top

Pros

It gives us a very good overview of our clients. We can manage from a distance and without overtaking screen the most of our customers. Updates etc are done in a minute. Top and for a good price... Value for money!

Cons

the colour is not my taste ;) No realy it is great.

Stijn from Chief Outsiders

Cloud based MSP All-in-one software

I've recommended companies that need helpdesk and monitoring software to look at Atera vs. traditional on premises solutions like Kaseya and connectwise. I always get great feedback from both the owners and the users about the ease of use and onboarding, and the value of pricing per user vs. pricing per device. And its truly 100% SaaS. The company is still small and does not have people on the ground in many countries, but does all the support remote and that seems to work well.

Pros

100% SaaS, price per technician, per month. No long term commitments. Combines fully integrated suite for : 1. Technical management of the SMBs networks. 2. Relationship & Service Desk management between the MSP and the individual SMB. 3. Internal Business management of the MSPs Business. 4. Remote Control/Support of Servers, Workstations and Networks. 5. Integrated Cloud Services

Cons

Relatively new company. Product has been out for 1+ year now. No local support, but all online out of Israel. Only SaaS pricing (cannot "buy out" complete license), but it's so much cheaper vs. competition that this is no real issue.

Christopher from Solex Technology Group

Perfect fit

Fast connect to my clients to fix issues on the fly out when scheduled. Portal is user friendly and I'm looking forward to Atera adding new services to make day to day life easier and more efficient.

Pros

Easy to use and setup is self explanatory.

Cons

I have to create my own scripts to perform some actions.

Devon from Cloud Choice Technologies, Inc.

The software is very user friendly and allows us to quickly work with customers.

This software allows us to assist our customers.

Pros

The Knowledge base is extremely user friendly and allows us to categorize many of our tech notes for regular use. The customer organization is great, and it allows us to quickly access machines. Customer support is usually very quick to respond and provides helpful tools to quickly implement changes. Adding in internet security is quick, easy, and fairly pain-free. The script system is quite nice as well.

Cons

The biggest issue is that occasionally the Splashtop remote access software on the end users machines hangs, and it will display the machine as offline when it is not. Because of this, you cannot even run a script to repair the Services.msc, which means we have to use teamviewer or splashtop sos in order to access the machine. The KB is great, but finding and editing them can be a pain. If they made a way to edit the KB from within it, it would be much easier.

Need a RMM

Pros

RMM and PSA is easy to use and can learn real quickly

Cons

Only Endpoint Security is Webroot. Also they do not have their own Cloud Backup.

Response from Atera

Replied April 2019

Thanks so much! We are happy to hear about your great experience working with us. As always please feel free to reach out to us at any time.

Parker from Computer Geeks

Atera for MSP's.

As the IT industry evolves, we have to also evolve to meet the needs of our clients. Our IT Company has seen a lot of changes in the industry over the last 20 years. In order to compete in this competitive market, we need to be in constant contact with our clients and to be able to quickly address their issues. Over the last year, our managers have been beta testing Managed Services Software products. They made a decision to buy a RMM package from a reputable company that wanted to break into this market. Their product offered an extensive feature list but it was too difficult to use for our staff and they did not invest the time to training and integration. So, after a year of wasting money, the owners of the company decided to go a different direction. They chose Atera, a full featured RMM and PSA product that is priced different than the rest of the market. This pricing model was what first attracted us to this product. Being a small company with a limited budget, we watch all monthly expenditures. Pricing based on the number of active Technicians just made sense to us and our clients. After the 30 Day trial period, communicating with Atera Sales and Support, we felt like this product was a perfect fit. The interface is easy to understand and Atera Support has been responsive and knowledgeable. We are still in the beginning stages of deployment and so far, we are very pleased with the performance and the Atera staff.

Rafael from BlueHat MSP

deja vu

great platform HORRIBLE SUPPORT

Pros

cheap and functionality, other than that you're on your own if you need their hep, THE SUPPORT SUCKS!!!

Cons

horrible support, once again here writing a review because it seems I only get attention if I do this, this people have no regard for their clients, takes over 48 hours to get a stupid not helpful reply just for them to stop the clock.

H. from NUMENTIS

ATERA has been instrumental in our ability to deliver a consistent service level to customers.

Helped us streamline our processes and service delivery to our managed services clients.

Pros

A user-friendly all-in-one integrated platform including RMM and PSA. ATERA's Dashboard and User Interface is functional and well thought out. The continuous development of new features and capabilities.

Cons

Messaging Subsystem / Weak Automation Rules / Minimal Ticket Reporting / Not ITIL-Ready / Unable to Export/Archive Data

Great low cost solution for IT managed services

We subscribed to Atera to help keep track and support our managed service clients. It worked very well and was super easy to deploy.

Pros

Atera was simple to use and set up. I liked that it focused in the most common needs and didn't try to do everything but do the things that matter well. I also liked that there wasn't a charge for each and every monitoring license.

Cons

Response from Atera

Replied April 2019

Thanks so much! We are happy to hear about your positive experience working with us. As always please feel free to reach out to us at any time.

January 2016

Merrell from Logic Observer

January 2016

Very polished, powerful, turnkey out of the box solution to being an MSP!

After running Labtech and other RMM software for years, I discovered Atera through a friend. Right away, the licensing of Atera was appealing after being hit with per-endpoint licensing of Labtech for years. Atera's cost per MSP Technician was a huge relief! When I installed the software and started deploying it, I found that the default features and configuration was good to use right out of the box! Getting 2 major clients setup in Atera was a breeze and everything I wanted to modify along the way was super self-explanitory. The staff at Atera emailed me due to some questions I had with deployment and they were amazingly helpful with great bedside manner. As I've gotten into more and more customization, I'm seeing that the features and functionality is very simple yet it has a couple key features (Automation Rules and Scripts) where you can really go the distance to expand Ateras functionality into doing amazing things! Atera's Helpdesk ticketing system is fantastic, and my customers are really enjoying a much better user interface for their tickets than my previous RMM ticketing system! I'm giving Atera 5 stars except for "Overall" only because it's still being developed and I'm looking forward to what expanded features are on the way! Any bugs I've found have been either cosmetic or minor -- nothing at all with the functionality or features. Good work, guys - Keep it up.

Brad from My Local IT Guy

April 2016

Is one of the easiest and user friendly products I have used!

Pros

The program allows me complete support of my client base. I can access Atera from just about anywhere! It is the only product I have found that helps me to deliver the level of support I insist on.

Cons

Not much to say that is negative, just some basic requests for the wish list. They respond to requests promptly.

Richard from Blue Sky Technologies

BLue Sky Tech Review

Overall I am very impressed with this product and would recommend it to anyone

Pros

the best option on this software is the license by technician. I am a small company and this allows me and My consultants to access all client computers at a reasonable price. We love the features and the reporting. I am still learning all of the capabilities .

Cons

I may have missed it but I do not see the option to push software or files to the client computers. If that were there it would be the icing on the cake for this software

Tyler from Economic Project Solutions

Atera is a great Product

Pros

I like its Easy use and remote support also their customer service and cost.

Cons

nothing i wouldnt change anything about it as of right now the updates just make it better.

Excellent tool for MSP's big and small

My experience has been nothing but stellar. If I need help support is right their to assist. I am glad I have teamed up with Atera!

Pros

The fact that the console is very easy to navigate and the per technician pricing was a huge selling point for my start-up company.

Cons

At this point it could be a little bit more robust, but the changes that I have been seeing over the last 6+ months Atera is rising to the top.

Response from Atera

Replied April 2019

Thanks so much! We are happy to be part of your extended team. As always please feel free to reach out to us at any time!

Todd from High Desert Network Solutions.

Wonderrful experience. Software is easy and full featured.

Easy remote access to all of my clients for the one cost is by far the biggest...

Pros

Cons

Would like to see two stage authentication to access website as some of my clients have very sensitive data and the thought that their PC's are accessible by herely hacking my password no matter how strong is a little concerning...

Great overall RMM, PSA, and more

It is helping us better manage our clients as a Managed Service Provider for our business.

Pros

I really like how everything is integrated into the system in order to access and manage our clients.

Cons

The issues of not being able to connect at times with Atera agent and Splashtop Remote Service as Agents will show offline when they are in fact not in other remote access software.

Response from Atera

Replied April 2019

Tony from PPC Consulting Inc.

Intuitive, Powerful and Easy to Use RMM + PSA All In One Tool

Pros

Love the integrated PSA and RMM which work in harmony. One place to manage all my business. The automatic timer saves me tons of time tracking my hours.

Cons

It is not as configurable as some of the larger RMM or PSA, for the most part it's a good thing, but prepare for surprises. You need to test drive it first.

Terry from Grandview Police Department

Industry: Law Enforcement

Good product

The support is outstanding. Any question I have is answered quickly. Product is easy to use and reliable.

Pros

It was easy to get started with, right out of the box. Still bumping up against some limitations, but I didn't pay to have this product developed to meet my specific needs, so it's to be expected. But they are very active in making enhancements to the product. it seems like at least once a week I get a friendly announcement that some feature has been added. I really like that.

Cons

It integrates with ScreenConnect (which is my preferred method of remote access, the gold standard) but only if you already have a ScreenConnect license. Nice that they give you that functionality, not so nice that it's not built in and I still have to go buy a license from ScreenConnect if I want to use it.

Karl from KSR Technologies, LLC

KSRTECH Review

Has been a good tool managing 100 desktops plus.

Pros

Ease of use and reasonable cost and responsive tech support

Cons

Getting the agents to communicate sometimes

Response from Atera

Replied April 2019

Thanks so much, Karl! We are happy to hear about your positive experience working with us. Please feel free to reach out to us at any time.