All GoTo Resolve Reviews

Giridhar

Information Technology and Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed March 2019

best of the best cloud based remote desktop Tool

I have been using GoToAssist to provide technical support to my clients mostly and it helps me a lot in resolving all the issues in real time as it's a cloud based remote desktop tool. I was using this tool since 2012 and as of now resolved nearly more than 5000 customer and clients technical issues without any delay. Thanks a lot to this tool as it's always helps me a lot in delivering customer's business on time :)

PROS

The Most I like in GoToAssist is: 1. We can easily connect using remote desktop and secure 2. We can Access and Control unattended computers 3. Can Send files using this tool 4. Can Control PC and Apple MAC computers 5. Inbuilt Chat option 6. Real time customer Support

CONS

If I can get it for free for a lifetime then there'll be no dislikes about this tool :D

Ryan

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 51-200 employees

Reviewed April 2023

Solid product heading in the right direction

PROS

I like the ease of use of the product. It is easy to guide end users to get connected. The support tool works great and I like the mobile remote support tool as well.

CONS

The pre installed version of GoTo Resolve does not always work and sometimes I have to start a manual session rather than just click and start a session to the PC I need to connect to.

Reason for choosing GoTo Resolve

We use GoTo for our phone system and it has worked out well for us.

jake

Telecommunications, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed July 2023

Unsatisfied with the software performance

I would rate it an 8 out of 10. As someone familiar with IT services, I understand that no software is perfect and there may always be bugs that require fixing.

PROS

After successfully saving our client's computer on GTR, we gained convenient remote access and deeper control. Now, we can use the command prompt without needing the client's cooperation.

CONS

Saving and installing files on a client's computer can sometimes be challenging. Occasionally, the installation may not work, while other times it will function properly.

YagneshKumar

Hospitality, 51-200 employees

Reviewed December 2017

Great Supporting tool via remote

Ability to transfers files, record sessions, connect more than one end-user, chat option to take notes for the issues and much more

PROS

Go to Assist offers a wide variety of feature, First; with unlimited live end-user support- with one click i am able to convert a phone session with a customer into an online support session. Secondly, Session Reporting where i am able to jot down notes during the session, track my time spent, and more importantly record my session and download them for archiving and training purposes. Third, I am able to transfer files securely to my customer's pc and diagnose the issue. Fourth, GoToAssist has a dynamic remote support, where it enables multi-sessions for up to eight customers at a single time, transfer, files and reboot/reconnect if need be. Last but not Least, GoToAssist offers a trail version for users who want to test the software.

CONS

The lack of support, There were times when i had questions about the new features or even basic support for GoToAssist but thier customer support isn't sufficient to respond back in time, or it takes time for them to return to my messages via email.

Marvin

Reviewed July 2018

we use this at work for all of our remoting. Works great and has good usable features as well.

Great software, great featuers, a bit on the pricy side! Best benefit is the abuilty to send and receive data such as programs and or error logs.

PROS

This is our go to software for work. Obviously we use the for on demand customer service, but we also use it when we need to remote into a computer or server unattended. One of the great things about this software is the ability to send and receive files during the remote session, making it easy to install software or download log files when troubleshooting issues.

CONS

its a bit pricy, we've even discussed moving to an in house platform for remote software, but some of the features you get with GoToAssist are just not available with in house solutions.

Aviation & Aerospace, 51-200 employees

Reviewed July 2018

I have used several remote control packages and this is one of, if not the best, I've ever used.

Ease of use and ease for users to allow me to connect. I like the unassisted option that makes it easier for me to work on systems during peoples off hours but doesn't compromise their login credentials.

PROS

It's easy to setup new users and easy to use. When I have to connect in with someone I don't have unassisted access to their system it's easy for them to follow the on-screen prompts to allow me to connect.

CONS

Sometimes, not very often, I've had issues with updates causing issues with certain other software on systems that I connect to. I wish it were easier to "rollback" an update to an earlier version so they could have time to create a patch - which they have done for me in the past.

Timothy

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Reviewed September 2019

Great, dependable remote software

No lag, no bugs, just a great piece of software that looks and feels just like a Windows RDP session. And the setup process is simple for the admin and the user.

PROS

Of all of the remote software I've used, including Teamviewer, VNC, and Webbex support, this makes it easiest for the end user to join a session and has the nicest user interface for the supporter. You can either direct the user to a simple URl where they will be asked to enter the session code to join a session or, you can send them the direct Url to your session where they simply install the agent and relax. Nothing much to go wrong in the setup process. The sessions feel just like sitting at the computer and mimic the Windows RDP experience. No lag, no bugs, just a great piece of software.

CONS

The price is a bit higher than other solutions and you don't need this if you have a windows environment that is all on the same network or routable via VPN.

Sumit

Information Technology and Services, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed May 2020

LogMeIn

I have a good experience with LogMeIn. I think it is one of the best softwares for remote connection

PROS

Its capability to seemlessly connect after rebooting the end machine. Also it can collect a lot of info from the console regarding the end machine

CONS

It should have a feature to connect to a machine whenever we want. Like a utility that can be installed on a machine then we can connect to the end machine without need of a user to run anything there.

Brett

Reviewed December 2017

Gret program, does what it's supposed to

Quick way to repair systems remotely that are not on the domain (Field techs mostly), it gets the job done in most cases.

PROS

IT's fast, can easily share sessions between other technicians to complete a job, and it's reliable on reboot

CONS

Lacks some of the logging/advanced features of other remote software, such as log me in rescue which allows you to customize it a bit more.

Gurvinder

Information Technology and Services, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed November 2022

"Best remote eccess platform"

Best for remote eccess easy to use and install.

PROS

This tool can be done so many tasks in no time. Very helpful tool for buisnesses. It has very good remote eccess. Easy to use easy to install.

CONS

Everything great very helpful but little pricey.

Benjamin

Media Production, 51-200 employees

Reviewed June 2021

Remote Assistance Tool with the most features

Remote sessions have been crucial for us as an IT team. I typically like to use GoToAssist over other options I have available because most of the time it just works great. On the times that I try to use another product, as often as not, I end up telling the user to hold on while I switch the session over to GoToAssist. It's been extremely valuable during the pandemic when all of the end-user help I do is remote.

PROS

Whether during normal times or pandemic times, our IT department has to do a lot of remote sessions to help our end users. I've used a number of other products for this but GoToAssist has the most features and consistently works the best. The fact that you can easily hop on with someone that has the agent installed or direct them to a site to download it if they don't is great. The fact that you can work with a user and the session will almost always stay connected, even if the machine is rebooted, is crucial when you're working in an IT capacity. There are very few limitations when it comes to being able to control everything whereas many other products won't let you control many of the system components of Windows. I also love features like changing between multiple screens the user may have and file transferring.

CONS

The agent doesn't always install properly and it can be a little difficult to push out to many users sometimes. Recently there have been some issues with devices duplicating in the console for seemingly no reason.

Machinery, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed May 2023

Great product

PROS

Dependable and has good security and quick connection

CONS

Some of our customers were unable to use on their side.

Ankit

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 51-200 employees

Reviewed April 2023

Faster and Safer

Overall, GoTo Resolve is a powerful software solution that can help organizations improve their customer service and IT support capabilities. Its ease of use, reliability, and advanced features make it a popular choice for companies of all sizes.

PROS

The software is built on Citrix's secure, high-performance infrastructure, ensuring that support sessions are fast, stable, and secure. It also offers 24/7 support, so users can get help whenever they need it.

CONS

software's user interface is too simplistic and lacking in advanced features.

Josue

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed July 2018

This software is the best

Best software in the IT world and there is no day I don't used this software to connect with a client one of the best tools any tech can have in the IT support arsenal ..

PROS

really easy to used you just login and you are ready to used it and its so easy that you have way to connect with clients if you work with IT like I do you can email links for clients to connect or you simply provide them the website and the code for clients to connect with you... I cannot live without this software on the IT world.

CONS

No cons at all the software is self explanatory and they have well documented steps on the software on how to used it really really easy to used and no tech should live with out it.

Haresh

Warehousing, 11-50 employees

Reviewed January 2023

One of the Best helpdesk solution

It provides quick resolution to respective ticket by number of features like remote acccess, screen sharing, chatting etc. Which improves productivity and reduces workload.

PROS

It provides ticketing system along with remote support features which helps to resolve tickets quickly.Admin can chat, take remote access of any system to resolve issue for respective ticket efficiently.

CONS

I think it is one of the best solution to raise and resolve ticket by taking remote access of system which helps to track tickets more efficiently. So nothing to dislike from my side.

Ian

Construction, 11-50 employees

Reviewed May 2023

Deployment and easy to use. Can see active users if they are on their computer and easy to connect with users to support them remotely.

PROS

easy to deploy. Easy to use. Can see if a user is active before connecting.

CONS

The only con I can think of is that users can uninstall the tool. This should have a password to uninstall.

Marshall

Wholesale, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed August 2018

Excellent Software

Great program. Would recommend to other companies looking for remote assistance software.

PROS

We use GoToAssist everyday for remote support to our branch offices all over the United States. It works great for us. The ability to remote into any machine we need to and control, monitor or install software/updates makes this software a life saver.

CONS

Better support for mobile devices. We use a lot of iPads out in the field and would love to be able to remote in and grab information or troubleshoot issues for the non technical sales reps.

501-1,000 employees