• Pros

• "This software makes it easy for me and my customers connect to their office from wherever they like. It is secure easy to setup and it works."

• "The thing I love about this software is that I can connect to my desktop from anywhere that has WiFi."

• "Once installed, it's a turn key solution to allow for remote desktop access. We used these on windows machines and it made it quite easy to access from wherever we were."

• Cons

• "There is not a thing that I dont like about this software. This is one of my favorite software's. It's great."

• "I can't think of a single thing I don't like about this product. It could be a little cheaper but honestly, it does so much I can't complain."

• "Cost has gone up recently and if there are connectivity issues on either end it can be slow and jumpy."

Browse GoToMyPC Reviews

Brittany from Christine & Mullen Agency

Best Remote Administration Software Yet

I love this product. It works extra great when I am traveling for work and need to get onto my desktop for a file or something.

Pros

The best thing I like about this software is the flexibility with the workflow between the users. You can see who is using the log ins and who isn't. Being able to also use the mouse share and be able to use it smoothly, is awesome as well.

Cons

When connecting from home, rather than the hub spot at my office, the connection can be a bit slower than normal.

Ross from Pandora

A good solution for enterprise, too expensive for personal use

I've used it for a while until I came across with TeamViewer and decided to switch. Overall Gotomypc is definitely a robust remote connectivity solution, but the pricing and the outdated UI makes it not the first choice for many people.

Pros

1. It delivers on what it promises - you can log in to a remote computer and work on it with minimal lag. 2. The connection is usually very stable and once you get familiar with the SW, it becomes a second nature to use. 3. It's one of the industry veterans, so the solution is pretty robust and reliable.

Cons

1. Feels so 1990... Everything looks and feels a little old-school, starting from their website and to the actual software UI. Some would not be bothered by graphics, though. 2. Pricing is not intended for personal use - if you just want to help out your parents, use TeamViewer. This is clearly targeted at enterprise with deep pockets. 3. Not as versatile as TeamViewer, lacks features like having one-time passwords for quick one-off remote sessions.

Reasons for Choosing GoToMyPC

I switched from Gotomypc to Teamviewer because TeamViewer was easier to set up, was cheaper and had a cleaner UI.

Rachel from Rheumatology Associates, Inc.

Easy to use remote access

Lifesaver even before all this! Remote login in allows me to spend more time with my family instead of being stuck at the office running reports. I can do start it and monitor from home while spending time with my kids. Have used for many years prior to 2020 so when I had to use it to work from home I was already familiar with the features. Could not imagine working without it.

Pros

Easy to use. Able to change options such as add a computer/ user or remove. Remote login was a time saver before 2020 but during this last year became essential. Before I could use it on vacation if a need or question arose while I was out of office. As a medical practice is valuable to be able to have access to our schedule from home in the even of bad weather. Being able to still work while being remote during 2020 was a lifesaver. It's a total mirror of the desktop you're remoting in to. I have access to everything I need. The activity log is great for helping to log hours worked or review activity.

Cons

It's not the software's issue but I wish there was a way to restore power to the pc you are trying to log in to without being on site. Our office can experience power outages during bad weather or high winds (we are located in Oklahoma) and I am unable to remote in if power has been lost at the desktop.

Sonya from SRI

Could be better

There are better applications out there. Would not recommend.

Pros

This product is fairly easy to use. There is a file transfer option which would be useful if my company allowed for file transfers to personal computers.

Cons

The application is slow and laggy even with high-speed internet on both ends (local and connected computer). This makes working remotely very frustrating. Sometimes restarting the application helps, but not every time. Connecting to a computer with multiple screens using a MAC is clunky. Unless you are in full screen, you cannot access buttons on the top portion of the screen.

CHRIS from AnswerMed Telecom

Fast, Efficient and Ease of Use

Ease for employees to remote. Possibly a some type of phone built end would add to the user experience.

Pros

Quick to deploy and ease of for end user. Our staff find their connected computer just a fast as our inhouse system.

Cons

None I have experienced. We have had a few bumps installing software but our team finds the answers on the website.

Teunis from Mayor Industries

Great way to Connect to your office

I have used this software for myself and clients for years and have had very few issues.

Pros

Cons

Sometimes if the software is not setup right on the work computer then the connection will fail. Which would mean you might not be able to connect when you want.

Reasons for Choosing GoToMyPC

Price was better for the same features.

Reasons for Switching to GoToMyPC

Cost and security

Carole from Cook & Watkins, PLC

Industry: Law Practice

Love, love, love this product!

Wonderful! Once my desktop app didn't work and I had to call for assistance, which I got promptly and it solved the problem. Again, I can't say enough about GoToMyPC!

Pros

I can't say enough good things about GoToMyPC. I live in the country and when snows it is difficult for me to safely get to work, and GoToMyPC enables me to work from home. It is like I am sitting at my desk! I can use absolutely everything, and can even send stuff to print and have it print out in my office. This software makes my life so much easier. I also use it occasionally when my boss needs something after hours. I have recommended this to several people actually.

Wendy from Mobile RV Repair

Industry: Recreational Facilities and Services

Too much money

Pros

It was easy to use and navigate worked good

Cons

Way over priced it went from 99 yr to 500 a yr with out noticed i have another program for a fraction of the cost that is just as easy and good to use

Reasons for Choosing GoToMyPC

pricing but had to change because of pricing

Gotomypc the best remote control software on the market now

We have allowed some user to remotely connect to office computers from home. It was really helpfull during couple snow storms last weinter

Pros

The software is pretty easy to configure. You need to install client on host machine and do very simple configuration. To connect to machine you simple use the browser login with your username and password, choose a computer from the list if you have many and you age good to go. Pretty easy to connect both form Mac and PC, and very seamless for user with limited computer experience

Cons

Sometimes client lost connection to the server, and you receive a message that computer is offline. I have two of those occurrences, but customer service representative advice me how to resolve those problem s quickly. Otherwise, it was pretty easy to use.

Reasons for Choosing GoToMyPC

Easy to use and configure

Joe from VIP Tours of Branson

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Good Product But Too Expensive

My experience with GoToMyPC wasn't a bad one, it just became an expensive one. I still think it's a good product and company.

Pros

GoToMyPC was actually pretty simple to set up and it was great being able to access all programs, files, photos, etc. on my office computer, from anywhere I had good signal for wireless cellular and/or Wi-Fi.

Cons

I loved GoToMyPC for the first year or two. But then they started getting more expensive and we opened a new office in another town, so we were required to buy another license to connect to that office computer. So, I started looking for an alternative.

Does the trick but leaves a little to be desired

It does what it needs to and has some great features (files transfers, as an example), but given the pricing and the alternatives that are out there, I'd love to see some of the challenges get tackled down the road (primarily in the realm of latency and RAM usage).

Pros

Cons

I found that there was a lot of latency at times and there was quite often a need to restart the session as the keyboard would go unresponsive.

christian from KBR INC

Work from home with ease

Great product, easy to use. no speed issues, great multi user discounts.

Pros

Makes working from home during covid 19 times an ease even with multiple screens. It's secure with dual authentication.

Cons

I do not really have anything to complain about. Its a great product and that is why me and my staff currently use.

Reasons for Choosing GoToMyPC

Appears that the benefits outweigh their competition

Reasons for Switching to GoToMyPC

Security

Harley from Due Process International, LLC

Remote Connectivity

Allows one proprietary program to be used on multiple computers.

Pros

As I have a full time estimator utilizing my software on my server on a regular basis and he does not live in the same State, this remote connectivity allows him to run a proprietary program from my server on his computer.

Cons

Sylvia from The plastic and cosmetic center

Great software

This is the best software. It allows me to take a day off without falling behind on my work.

James from Einhorn & Einhorn

The cost is outrageous

It was a good product but they raised the prices 500% and then offer you a deal to pay half, which is still 200% more then what you were originally paying.

Pros

Simple setup. Simple to run. Multiple computer access.

Cons

I really never had any issues with software itself but the price increase makes the product not worth it.

Pretty Solid and Easier than most

Overall it really isn't that bad and is a solid option if you're doing the VM route.

Pros

1. How easy it is to login into a computer 2. I like that it has a passcode when you try to connect to a computer. 3. You can add a shortcut to it onto your desktop. 4. You don't actually have to install anything onto your computer, just a launcher. So if you're in a predicament where you don't have admin rights to install on your PC at work, this actually works out.

Cons

Maybe because I don't have this installed onto my desktop (I am not even sure if you can) but I launch this from my browser but I feel like its a bit of a drag to login and then launch from browser. (Maybe it's just my license?)

robert from robert j susalka cpa

pricing for personal is misleading

Pros

remote access is easy. facilitates business when travelling

Cons

on the website "personal" pricing is listed at $44/month for "one user with one or more computers to access" when i recently added a second computer to my single user account i was billed 44 * 2 = 88 which is not what the website says a simple change on the website to $44/month/per computer would have been clearer

Linda from Common Cents Bookkeeping

Easy Way to Access Your Computer Remotely

It provides a nice option to access a computer remotely.

Pros

It provides an easy way to access my client's computer.

Cons

I switch between printing to my printer and printing to a PDF. It's a little cumbersome to pick your print driver before each use, but that would be my biggest complaint.

Good for Work from Home

I used it for a few months when I had to work from home. My biggest problem was with printing, it was a bit confusing and I would often print to the wrong printer.

Pros

I like that I can log in and see my desktop at the office exactly as I left it. It's easy to locate all the things I need to use and switch between my two screens.

Cons

I have to type in 3 different passwords just to log in because it asks me to log into my account, then provide an access code, then unlock my computer.

Scott from United Printing

Industry: Printing

GoToMyPC

Overall this software was better than some others I had tried but not quite what we needed.

Pros

At the first trial of this product, it wasn't horrible. however, the price for what we needed did not fit our budget.

Cons

The price was higher than what we wanted to pay for how often we would use this software. So we went another direction.

Debbie from A Reliable Bookkeeping Service

Good But Expensive

Good except Pricing

Pros

Worked well, secure, good tech support just got too expensive

Cons

They raised their prices almost triple!!! From about $500/year for 4 employees to over $1500. Ridiculous.

Security

Christine from Cook & Watkins PLC

Great Software helped me through difficult times at work

Excellent

Pros

I love this software, can't expect more efficient than this, it has no difference than using your own desktop at work, i have been through rough situations with my family that prevented me to be physical at work, this software helped me to access all my documents and desktop and worked from home. This didn't affect my productivity at all.

Cons

being compatible with certain software or computers

Good product to access another computer remotely

GoToMyPC allowed me to access my main office computer anywhere remotely which is a big help when needing to obtain information and I am unable to go into my office.

Pros

This software was easy to use. I was able to log into my main office computer with ease and it did not have any connection issues.

Cons

What I liked least about the software was the pricing as when I started to shop around I realized there were other more affordable options available.

Michael from Print Mail Communications

I was very disappointment when my company stopped using this software

Nothing but great things to say. I’m sorry I don’t use this software anymore.

Pros

Ease of use. Very dependable. User friendly. Little to no problems.

Cons

I loved this software. I mostly work from the office and my company provided me with a less costly alternative.

Larry from DTC, LLC

GoToMyPC is OK but there's a better FREE option

I tried GoToMyPC and I thought it worked fine. But, I found a FREE option with Google Chrome Desktop Remote which works just as well for most functions so I'm using that solution now.

Pros

GoToMyPC works well, it's secure and allows the user to do most of what they would do if they were actually in front of the computer with which they are connected.

Cons

GoToMyPC is very expensive and way over priced.

Great remote application

This is a great way to log in to computers if you operate a business with multiple locations.

Pros

GoToMyPC is a great software platform for remotely logging into your desktop or laptop as it is easy to use and works well.

Cons

The interface of GoToMyPC does not look fresh and appears outdated compared to alternative applications.