• icon"At the first trial of this product, it wasn't horrible."
  • icon"Makes working from home during covid 19 times an ease even with multiple screens. It's secure with dual authentication."
  • icon"GoToMyPC is a great software platform for remotely logging into your desktop or laptop as it is easy to use and works well."
  • icon"The application is slow and laggy even with high-speed internet on both ends (local and connected computer). This makes working remotely very frustrating."
  • icon"I don't like the fact the application isn't advertised locally around the community. I would prefer that other people use the application too so I can see it works from some one else."
  • icon"The price was higher than what we wanted to pay for how often we would use this software. So we went another direction."

Browse all GoToMyPC Reviews

• Have you used GoToMyPC and would like to share your experience with others?

Zyren Christian

GoToMyPC

Pros

GoToMyPC is such a great tool, aside from using GoToAssist this is also a great addition if you desire more detailed information on your computer or computer that is inter connected to your network. Very user friendly, flexible to use as you can work any where, when and how you would like to.

Cons

Didn't have any problems with this produx

Cindy

October 2022

13 Years & Still Love it!

I feel like GOTOMYPC has the customers' needs in their best interest.

Pros

I like the ease of file transfer and ease of in time working capabilities.

Cons

Nothing that I can think of other than ease of access remotely being disconnected.

Reasons for choosing GoToMyPC

I have used it for 13 plus years and have liked the upgrades that have been provided along the way.

B Regina

Essential for Office

Excellent solution to working remotely. In use for at least 10 years. Overall, I rely on it on a daily basis.

Pros

The virtual desktop with dual monitors is essential for remote work. Because it is accessing your normal office desktop, there is great comfort in being able to have a consistent digital desk that look the same regardless of the platform. Any application that are on your desktop are accessible.

Cons

Feature missing: workaround for using lap top screen as one screen and plugged in 2nd screen to have dual monitors with laptop and 2nd screen.

Jeff

Industry: Oil & Energy

Free Trial lacked Support

Not Good, couldn't get passwords to sync from admin to remote pc

Pros

I have used in the past, good security, good function. Need solid performance for remote access processing

Cons

Could not get the passwords to sync for the trial, could never get remote pc access to host. non responsive support.

previous experience

Reasons for switching to GoToMyPC

Cost

Teresa

A Must-Have for Serious Remote Users

Pros

The software is plug-n-play. Once you log on, it's as if I am in front of my desktop computer. In fact, I prefer to use my laptop and connect to my desktop remotely, even though I am just sitting on my couch. I also love that I can work anywhere in the world as long as I have an Internet connection. It has allowed me the freedom to work remotely since 2001-ish. Without it, I could not do what I do and have the life that I have - being a stay-at-home mom and bookkeeper. I also forgot to mention the drag-and-drop feature for copying files from one computer to another is also a useful feature.

Cons

The price. Having used the software when it used to be under $100 per year to now paying over $350 per year is a little hard to swallow. However, I do use this software more than any other; so, I have justified the cost in that way.

Reasons for choosing GoToMyPC

I have always used GoToMyPC but recently started using Splashtop for family and client computers. I rarely need to be on those computers, and the cost is much, MUCH lower per computer than GoToMyPC. However, for my personal use, I choose GoToMyPC, because I use it daily - almost 24/7, trust it implicitly and think it is a far superior product in terms of features, ease of use and security.

Amita

June 2022

Impressed by the trial version, will buy

Pros

Easy setup, quick connection even with the slow connection on one end (cellphone data), able to get the job done.I just started with free trial 2 hours ago, already impressed. I haven't tried all features and security yet.

Cons

Need for multiple password- then PIN- then access code to login, which all need to be remmebered correctly in sequence. i am sure I will forget or make mistake on one of these and will need a lengthy reset or dreaded call to customer care

Reasons for choosing GoToMyPC

Try before buy feature, monthly (as opposed to annual upfront payment demand)

Kermit

Industry: Wireless

November 2022

GoToMyPC makes running a business easier.

Never a problem in 15 years

Pros

The fact that i can work whenever I want.

Cons

I have no qualms with GoToMyPC software. The best out there

ease of use

Kelley

July 2022

Remote working made easy!

This software has made it easy for me to attend to multiple locations and given me the ability to login and assist or work no matter where I am. I've recommended it to many others as an easy way to navigate within a small business with more than one location. It's made it working remotely an option.

Pros

Easy to set up and use. Gives me the ability to work remotely.

Cons

Sometimes it's a tad confusing when I load onto a different computer that has a different version of windows, but overall, I am very happy with this software so having a "least" isn't something I just thought of.

Reasons for choosing GoToMyPC

This was the most affordable and was easy to set up. I check occasionally about other options and still opt to use GoToMyPC.

Denise

November 2022

Love using this product

Pros

Being able to get to my computer from where ever I am and being able to remote print.

Cons

Pricing is the only thing that comes to mind.

Sanjive

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

October 2022

An amazing product with outstanding support

The program is both robust and easy to use. Every support representative we have had the distinct, albeit rare, pleasure of speaking with has been extraordinarily helpful, professional and able to resolve our connectivity issues. Can't say enough about how well this organization is run! Thank you, GoToMyPC for an amazing couple decades!

Pros

GoToMyPC has been a life saver for our small organization in maintaining connectivity to our host workstations specially as we migrated to a remote work environment during the pandemic. But it's been particularly useful to me as I've traveled globally - just being able to stay connected to our stateside office.

Cons

Being unable to reboot the host - when I accidentally turn on 'sleep' mode - or worse still, 'shut down' the host by mistake! As a non-techie while I can't think of a work around these - I remain cautiously hopeful that after some 20+ years of using this program, there may, just may be a solution coming that GoToMyPC can somehow figure out!

Not applicable

Jim

October 2022

I frequently can't get to my office computers, but if I have my laptop with me, I don't need to. I fire up the laptop and connect to whichever office computer I need to use, and it's just like I'm there. I also use GoToMyPC to support other people. I can sign on to their computers and see what is happening, then provide the corrections or help needed.

Pros

Easy to setup, easy to use, reliable use, fast.

Cons

Kind of pricey. We pay monthly for each computer we need access to.

Reasons for choosing GoToMyPC

Much better product with more features and more reliable connections.

September 2022

Good Product

Been using it for 10 years to work remotely.

Pros

Easy to use, very reliable. I have been using this product at home and when I travel.

Cons

Haven't had any issues yet, prepaying the annual subscription. Not many cons, product does what it should

Remote Access

We have used this product for over 7 years and even used it while on Vaca internationally.

Pros

On the days that I work from home it is mandatory that I have access to the software programs at my office.

Cons

The price jumped up quite a bit since we first started.

Remote Work Ease

Great product that helps us do our job better

Pros

The software is easy to learn and use in our daily work environment.

Cons

Feel it it a bit pricey compared to other products on the market

Pam

Industry: Museums and Institutions

July 2022

Use of GoToMyPC at a Non-Profit Museum

I have been using GoToMyPC for about 10 years. I started when it was much more affordable, and I used it when I did research from museums and libraries to access my home computer. It was so useful that I stayed with the company even as prices went higher. When I started as a volunteer at the museum, I insisted that my colleagues also use it when they wanted to access the museum computers from home.

Pros

I am a volunteer in a town museum. My job is Collections Manager, and I also do research. If I didn't have GoToMyPC, I would not be able to work efficiently. I often work at home in the evenings, and the service enables me to access files I need to work on, update them, and then send them back to our main network computer. I can work on jpg files as well as tables, databases, and document files. Because I am the only person allowed to do certain functions within the museum software that we use, I am able to access the system at the end of the date to backup and re-index from home any work done by others at the museum.

Cons

However, our museum is a non-profit and can't afford to buy a subscription to GoToMyPC, so I have to pay for it myself. It is a large amount of money for a retired person on a fixed income to pay. But it makes my job so much easier that I just have to have it.

Reasons for choosing GoToMyPC

I never even tries others because the product suited me so perfectly.

Rachel

Easy to use remote access

Lifesaver even before all this! Remote login in allows me to spend more time with my family instead of being stuck at the office running reports. I can do start it and monitor from home while spending time with my kids. Have used for many years prior to 2020 so when I had to use it to work from home I was already familiar with the features. Could not imagine working without it.

Pros

Easy to use. Able to change options such as add a computer/ user or remove. Remote login was a time saver before 2020 but during this last year became essential. Before I could use it on vacation if a need or question arose while I was out of office. As a medical practice is valuable to be able to have access to our schedule from home in the even of bad weather. Being able to still work while being remote during 2020 was a lifesaver. It's a total mirror of the desktop you're remoting in to. I have access to everything I need. The activity log is great for helping to log hours worked or review activity.

Cons

It's not the software's issue but I wish there was a way to restore power to the pc you are trying to log in to without being on site. Our office can experience power outages during bad weather or high winds (we are located in Oklahoma) and I am unable to remote in if power has been lost at the desktop.

Marc

June 2022

refund for unused contract time

We recently discontinued LogMein because our office practice management is now cloud based. We had been using the program since 2014, 8 years if not longer. Believe it or not it was free when we first started. I called to today to cancel the subscription but was told that there is NO REFUND and we had 6 months to go until mid January. Basically, I was out $175. I thought that was kind of steep. Not sure if you can even pay monthly and most times I prefer to pay in full to get a discount. After all these years, I felt that there should be some reimbursement for the unused time. I assume that I should have looked at the fine print but 6 months ago, I didn't know we would not need a program to access my office computer. As a loyal customer for all these years, I would expect some consideration.

Pros

easy to access my office computer from any location.

Cons

nothing. I really thought it was easy to use even from my mobile device.

Reasons for switching to GoToMyPC

our office practice management program is now cloud based.

Ross

A good solution for enterprise, too expensive for personal use

I've used it for a while until I came across with TeamViewer and decided to switch. Overall Gotomypc is definitely a robust remote connectivity solution, but the pricing and the outdated UI makes it not the first choice for many people.

Pros

1. It delivers on what it promises - you can log in to a remote computer and work on it with minimal lag. 2. The connection is usually very stable and once you get familiar with the SW, it becomes a second nature to use. 3. It's one of the industry veterans, so the solution is pretty robust and reliable.

Cons

1. Feels so 1990... Everything looks and feels a little old-school, starting from their website and to the actual software UI. Some would not be bothered by graphics, though. 2. Pricing is not intended for personal use - if you just want to help out your parents, use TeamViewer. This is clearly targeted at enterprise with deep pockets. 3. Not as versatile as TeamViewer, lacks features like having one-time passwords for quick one-off remote sessions.

Reasons for choosing GoToMyPC

I switched from Gotomypc to Teamviewer because TeamViewer was easier to set up, was cheaper and had a cleaner UI.

Hetal