All GoToMyPC Reviews

Joanna

Law Practice, 1 employee

Reviewed March 2023

I can run my law practice at home on my Mac with GoToMyPC

I started using it as a necessity during the pandemic shut down. It's now enabled me to keep my home office running and I love being able to work from home.

PROS

I can use my Mac at home to run my PC remotely. The Mac doesn't run my legal management software. But using GoToMyPC, I can open my work computer from anywhere my Mac or my MacAir Laptop or even my iPad goes.

CONS

My office computer does have to stay on all the time. It does sometimes (rarely) lose the connection and I need to reinstall GoToMyPC. I think that's happened three times since I started using it 3 years ago so that's not so bad!

Wholesale, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2024

Great! Would recommend this to anyone who needs access to their office computer

PROS

Easy to set up and Easy to navigate. Fast connections and very reliable

CONS

3 or 4 steps to log in. Can't access if my home computer is offline.

Alex

Construction, 51-200 employees

Used monthly for less than 2 years

Reviewed December 2023

Past its prime

It enabled our users to access their computers remotely, but it is a very no frills experience and feels archaic compared to the competition while being sold for a similar price. It is clear that this is simply legacy software that GoTo offers to those that haven't thought to test the market.

PROS

At the end of the day GoToMyPC will allow you to access a PC remotely, so it does accomplish what it sets out to do.

CONS

I have tested and used various remote desktop software and GoToMyPC is probably the most basic and feature poor of them all. The entire thing feels like it hasn't been in active development in at least 10 years. Lacks the ability to open remote monitors in their own windows is a huge missing feature that any modern remote desktop software should be embarrassed to lack and was the number 1 complaint from my users.

Reasons for switching to GoToMyPC

The biggest considering was price. Teamviewer is a more expensive product, but perhaps the extra cost was worth it.

Marti

Retail, 2-10 employees

Reviewed November 2023

Retail - Point of Sale Support

GoToMyPC has been easy to use. With other remote software we have had trouble with remote printing and getting the print setting correct.

PROS

We use GoToMyPC to remotely manage our retail store system. It makes it easy to login when the staff is having a problem with balancing the register or invoicing. We can login see the what they are doing & walk through the process with them. We also use it to update inventory.

CONS

Cost. We are a small business & I wish they would have better pricing for small businesses.

Reason for choosing GoToMyPC

ease of printing remotely and supporting operations.

Reasons for switching to GoToMyPC

Issues with printing remotely and messing up the print settings.

PETER

Medical Practice, 2-10 employees

Reviewed January 2024

NO OTHER PROGRAM IS BETTER

VERY SATISIFIED i USUALLY MENTION AND REFER MY FRIENDS.

PROS

THE EASE AND QUICKNESS TO ACCESS OTHER COMPUTERS

CONS

COULD HAVE MORE EXPLICIT HELP ON THE VIRTUAL SIDE

EASE OF USE AND VERY EASY TO INSTALL SOFTWARD

Nick

Reviewed January 2024

GoToMyPC is an invaluable tool for remote access

Excellent, and have used for about 15 years without any major issues

PROS

I love being able to access our main office desktop from anywhere in the world. It means that we can keep all business related work and programmes on the office computer so there is no confidential material on laptops and if, as has happened, there is a problem with a remote laptop it can be wiped/rebooted without any effect on the main office workstation

CONS

I struggle with multiple monitors sometimes

Reason for choosing GoToMyPC

It was suggested to me by my computer consultant

STEPHEN

Hospitality, 11-50 employees

GREAT TO USE

VERY GOOD WOULD RECOMEND

PROS

EASE OF USE AND SECURE VERY QUIKE RESPONCE TIME

CONS

DOWNTIME SOMETIMES BUT NOT MUCH ELSE MMM

Paolo

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 2-10 employees

Dependable Remote Access

PROS

Easy to use and dependable. I feel like I'm sitting at my desk.

CONS

It has become expensive to renew the licenses

Linda

Restaurants, 11-50 employees

The Program Needed for Remote Access

I love this product. It allows me to work from home rather than always driving to the office. This way, when needed, I can perform tasks in sametime vs time taken to drive to the office.

PROS

Easy to set up and use. Saves me driving time when I need to make immediate changes.

CONS

Nothing, everything is great. At this point in time I do not have any Cons.

Reason for choosing GoToMyPC

A previous employer of mine used this and recommended it.

jason

Automotive, 1 employee

great service

awesome service great security quick response

PROS

by far the best remote service out there

CONS

the price was expensive but they dropped it recently

Accounting, 1 employee

Reviewed December 2022

Could not operate without GoToMyPC

Experience has been excellent. Was a life-saver during Covid lock-downs, and as a result, my business is now 100% remote.

PROS

Ability to access my clients' computer & file transfer capabilities

CONS

There is no feature that I dislike. However, pricing is a bit steep for a small business owner servicing multiple clients.

Reasons for switching to GoToMyPC

TeamViewer was starting to give me issues and was more expensive

Ross

Computer Software, 5,001-10,000 employees

Used less than 12 months

Reviewed April 2020

A good solution for enterprise, too expensive for personal use

I've used it for a while until I came across with TeamViewer and decided to switch. Overall Gotomypc is definitely a robust remote connectivity solution, but the pricing and the outdated UI makes it not the first choice for many people.

PROS

1. It delivers on what it promises - you can log in to a remote computer and work on it with minimal lag. 2. The connection is usually very stable and once you get familiar with the SW, it becomes a second nature to use. 3. It's one of the industry veterans, so the solution is pretty robust and reliable.

CONS

1. Feels so 1990... Everything looks and feels a little old-school, starting from their website and to the actual software UI. Some would not be bothered by graphics, though. 2. Pricing is not intended for personal use - if you just want to help out your parents, use TeamViewer. This is clearly targeted at enterprise with deep pockets. 3. Not as versatile as TeamViewer, lacks features like having one-time passwords for quick one-off remote sessions.

Reason for choosing GoToMyPC

I switched from Gotomypc to Teamviewer because TeamViewer was easier to set up, was cheaper and had a cleaner UI.

Lora

Facilities Services, 51-200 employees

Reviewed April 2023

One of the Best Remote Access Available

I use GoToMyPC every day to access documents that I need on remote computers. It is terrific! The file transfer is easy and fast.

PROS

GoToMyPC is extremely easy to set up, to use, to teach to others. You can use it on any platform, any time. Very user friendly and when I did have an issue, the customer service rep was very pleasant and fixed our issue in no time.

CONS

There is really nothing that I don't like about GoToMyPC!

Reasons for switching to GoToMyPC

I liked GoToMyPC a lot more

Patricia

Reviewed February 2023

Cannot Work Without This App

It's simple to use and hasn't had many glitches. The last update was a bit inconvenient because it lasted into the work week, but that's not usually the case. Being able to work remotely gives me a lot of freedom to not spend gas money or additional travel time when it's not necessary to be physically in our office. With internet speeds increasing and everyone using online sources to bill and receive payments, paperwork has been shifting to PDF and ACH and cloud-based sources. Physically opening envelopes is become obsolete.

PROS

The software provides a real-time connection to my office computers so that I can work from anywhere as if I were in the office. And I can connect with the owner's computer while he spends time in a warmer place during the winter. Being able to directly transfer files for him to review is critical because most of the files are too large to email. I can also organize his desktop.

CONS

The cost is becoming higher every year. Compared to when I first started using this software, it's very costly. I've been using it for 20 years without a break.

Reason for choosing GoToMyPC

I had been forced to use LogMeIn when I had a Surface RT and compared to GoToMyPC I thought it was clunky. I know the 2 companies merged and I was glad to see that the GoToMyPC interface was available.

Harold

Renewables & Environment, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2023

The best time saver ever!

Balancing personal matters and interests with running my business

PROS

I can access my home office Desktop from anywhere in the world! When I return home from a business trip I have to spend zero time and effort to catch up with personal and other business happenings

CONS

Not the I can thing of, it meets all of my needs

not applicable!

Rachel

Medical Practice, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2021

Easy to use remote access

Lifesaver even before all this! Remote login in allows me to spend more time with my family instead of being stuck at the office running reports. I can do start it and monitor from home while spending time with my kids. Have used for many years prior to 2020 so when I had to use it to work from home I was already familiar with the features. Could not imagine working without it.

PROS

Easy to use. Able to change options such as add a computer/ user or remove. Remote login was a time saver before 2020 but during this last year became essential. Before I could use it on vacation if a need or question arose while I was out of office. As a medical practice is valuable to be able to have access to our schedule from home in the even of bad weather. Being able to still work while being remote during 2020 was a lifesaver. It's a total mirror of the desktop you're remoting in to. I have access to everything I need. The activity log is great for helping to log hours worked or review activity.

CONS

It's not the software's issue but I wish there was a way to restore power to the pc you are trying to log in to without being on site. Our office can experience power outages during bad weather or high winds (we are located in Oklahoma) and I am unable to remote in if power has been lost at the desktop.

Great tool for WFH

PROS

Very Stable and easy to login. I use the software daily.

CONS

It is more expensive the competing software.

Remote PC is not stable

Holly

Broadcast Media, 2-10 employees

Excellent Product for Critical Need

This was easy to install and use, good customer support. A critical part of our operations that we can rely on.

PROS

This allows our station team to monitor and make daily program updates easily and efficiently; also enables us to monitor when needed. Use friendly with very good customer support. If you need to rely on a remote access application, this has worked very well our, highly recommended.

CONS

Can't really think of anything, except that finding phone support took a little more effort than expected.

Reason for choosing GoToMyPC

WE needed a program that worked with both PC and Mac, and GoToMy PC was recommended.

Martin