• Pros

• "I love how I can easily remote into any computer on our Network within the click of a button. It makes my job so much easier!"

• "Easy to use and to operate. Also very stable."

• "Powerful tool that is easy to use and often the quickest way to get things done.Also a very good deal price wise compared to other products."

• Cons

• "I wish the search functionality had a bit more AI in it's results, but it is certainly very usable."

• "Initial setup was a steep learning curve. However there customer support for setup was 5 of 5."

• "Need to work on the File Manager. It's great but can be better."

Browse Goverlan Reach Reviews

Joseph from Mt. Hood Community College

Goverlan Reach - A Necessity for Service Desk

GR has been a wonderful tool in both organizations I have managed. It came out on top in a trial for my remote support staff twice in a row, and has been in use for years in both organizations with little concern and great success for the support techs.

Pros

GR has a great user interface with several key features that set it apart from other basic remote support tools. These include: tabbed remote sessions, saved connection layouts, WOL tool, remote chat functionality, observe only, remote input lockout, remote task manager, auto license redaction on close, connection history and abundant logs. Additionally, the concurrent user license model makes it great for teams with part timers!

Cons

Having to install an up to date client on each remote computer prior to connection is a bit tedious, but this can be proactively pushed out to accommodate fast connectivity. It would be ideal to allow a "run as another user for all connections" function. If the person launching GR is not a system admin on remote machines (they shouldn't be!) they must enter their admin credentials for each connection (they can be saved per session).

Best remote management program, and growing

One of the best pieces of software I have ever bought. It has simplified support and made it much more manageable when many people were working from home.

Pros

The software has many features that didn't exist in other products when we bought it. The amount of remote management you can do from it is amazing. It's way more then just a remote desktop sharing program. The software is continuously adding new features each year. The program covers just about all the ways you can communicate with a client (VNS, RDP, SSH, Goverland connection....). You can even push client settings similar to group policy.

Cons

Some of the features that come with the software overlapped existing products we had already that did different stuff. We've had to turn those all off on Goverlan.

Reasons for Choosing Goverlan Reach

It had the most features and at the time was way cheaper then alternatives. Best feature was the ability to look up username and find what computer they were logged into.

Reasons for Switching to Goverlan Reach

Cost and the lack of features in our old product.

Esteban from Mt. Hood Community College

Pros

its easy to use, can go between windows and see multiple machines at once

Cons

it donst always work and it crashes alot

Frank from Brentwood Union Free School District

Great Management Software

Goverlan Reach has been great I have been using Goverlan for about 7 years now and Reach has definitely grown to be a great update to the Goverlan Management software. I have created a Goverlan Reach Server with ease thanks to the detailed tutorials, and instructions Goverlan provides on their website. The customer service and support is out standing they do a great job to get back to you and help you with any issues you run into. I have been using the software more and more to make automated processes for deploying software, updates, and just remote aide for teachers and students.

Pros

Super easy to use, setup was fairly easy, lots of customizations options, very easy to deploy clients and agents across the network from any management console.

Cons

Missing integration with Microsoft Azure Active Directory is the only current challenge we face with out our new One to One out of school district device implementation. Another option would be to see devices on our networks that are not part of our domain.

Reasons for Choosing Goverlan Reach

Ease of use, interface and much better support.

Reasons for Switching to Goverlan Reach

We were still using the old version of Goverlan while experimenting with the idea of switching to Kaseya, Kaseya had some benefits such as being able to see devices on our network that were not part of our active directory domain. Being able to connect to those devices and get them back on our domain was good but ultimately the Kaseya interface was clunky and not as easy to use as Goverlan and was lacking many features that Goverlan provided so we decided to renew with Goverlan Reach instead and end our Kaseya trial.

Stephen from Indmar

Industry: Maritime

Value for the Money

Positive across the board.

Pros

The agent deployment options are very robust and allow us to use different polices with different endpoints.

Reasons for Switching to Goverlan Reach

We needed more functionality to make the software worth the time/money invested for use.

Kevin from Simply Storage Management

GoverLan great works for us!

We continue to be very pleased with the product, support and additional feature upgrades over the last couple years.

Pros

We have over 100 storage locations across the US. Managing desktops at these locations would be very difficult without GoverLan. The Automation scripts are great! We use it for running inventory reports, pushing software, checking software versions, applying configuration updates. We use the remote desktop feature everyday and it works great.

Cons

Would love to see a cloud version as we are trying to move everything off-site.

Reasons for Choosing Goverlan Reach

Setup and configuration was straight forward. We didn't need to spend weeks setting up and configuring. Everything was very easy to follow and the automation task are straight forward.

Giorgos from MTC MAKEDONIKI

Industry: Civil Engineering

Goverlan is an excellent product!

Goverlan helped us a lot with both of our company sites. technicians and the IT administrator can now check the overall status without even getting up from their offices. It helped save lost working hours and develop other aspects within the It department.

Pros

The ease of use it provides for common administrative tasks, automations that cover a lot of installation and maintenance within the company, ease of deployment. Goverlan saves a lot of working hours overall.

Cons

it is a bit complicated to set it up for the first time and cover all of your needs as you expect. Also we would like more ready made automations to be available.

Reasons for Choosing Goverlan Reach

A business partner recommended it to us and showed us the product in their production environment.

Kyle from Renville County

Solid Product!

Solid product - This is our go to product for supporting our users.

Pros

The ability to quickly connect to remote users and offer a quality tech support experience.

Cons

Sometimes we struggle with users that have 3 displays(about 20 of our users). The content from each of the displays often times does not load. We have not had a problem with 2 remote displays. We will see if this is improved in the latest 9.50.02.1032 version.

Reasons for Switching to Goverlan Reach

Goverlan had a better Mgmt. console and support.

John from Fleet Laboratories div of Prestige Consumer Healthcare

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

You'll first love Goverlan Reach Remote Control - then it gets fun

By far and away this product runs rings around its competition. There are a lot of "remote control" tools out there, and many do a similar job of handling JUST that feature. Where Goverlan shines is the whole package, remote installs, remote updates, remote Powershell/CMD, hardware management, remote task management, finding users (where they logged in), tracking computers through AD, remote off network management, and its all easy to use. I cannot figure out how we did all this stuff before Goverlan.

Pros

I have to admit the biggest used feature of the software is still remote control. Being able to just remote control any computer on the network, with one click, is a huge boon. That kind of FAST connectivity is the one feature that causes comparisons to other products of the same or slightly more expensive class. The software is less expensive than those "others" even if you compare just the Remote Control. The remote management though, printers, software, unattended installs, remote task manager, remote powershell, search for AD, and others, make this a systems management tool that is thousands less per agent to use.

Cons

I struggle to find fault with the tool. I find most of the issues goverlan struggles with are related to the workstations inability to keep a current copy of DNS resolution for on domain workstations. If a computer drops off wired, goes to wireless, and DNS updates, the workstation sometimes isn't aware of the update right away, when the DCs will usually know. Forcing workstation DNS caching flushes periodically might help mitigate this, but again this is a workstation issue more than the software. If you know it happens from time to time, as an admin you can easily "fix" the issue yourself.

Reasons for Choosing Goverlan Reach

It was less expensive, easier to use and teach others to use, and frankly faster, and more useful.

Reasons for Switching to Goverlan Reach

Teamviewer was the remote control tool of choice for this network before I started here 18 months ago. I have used TV before, and its a great remote control product for sure. Its a "heavy handed" install to setup for remote unattended access, and it does little more than remote control. While TV can do some asset management, its really only great as a remote control tool. Goverlan run rings around it in a domain environment, especially one where all the devices (even remote) are VPNned in and directly accessible, Goverlan is just quicker, and provides a much lighter touch on the clients.

Stacy from YWCA El Paso Del Norte

Overall Very Usefull

Overall I enjoy using the program. We use multiple methods to access computers. We use Goverlan whenever it is available to us.

Pros

I like the fact this product is easily navigated. Learning how to use Goverlan was a relatively easy process save remotely installing software. I am still learning that one. It is effective in its designed use.

Cons

Not all of the remote commands function smoothly. Some machines constantly loose the ability to connect to using client software. It is time consuming to uninstall then reinstall the software on troublesome devices. Also, some devices simply will not connect unless IP addresses are used. The number is significant enough we have started including the IP address in the description.

Michael from Lewis Management Corp

Goverlan is a god send

Originally, we were looking for a simple remote control tool, to manage employee computers. Goverlan blew that expectation out of the water. With AD integration, we can browse the entire AD structure and even do simple tasks in AD (group assignment, password resets, etc.). More so, process automation has allowed us to deploy software, change settings on the fly, and generate reports that we never thought to use.

Pros

With its Active Directory integration, we can see if a user is logged into a PC and which PC they're logged into. Furthermore, since we have users that share computers, we can see which user is logged into any given PC. We can also deploy software and investigate computer settings without interrupting the user.

Cons

There are a few features that are quirky and difficult to understand. For instance, it has a great robust Automation tool, which can implement different functions based on certain criteria. However, the filter logic is sometimes difficult to understand/manage. These limitations are rare and support is always available to walk me through it.

Reasons for Switching to Goverlan Reach

Desktop Authority's tool was a re-branded version of LogMeIn's Web remote control tool. It had a nice feature of allowing us to see who was logged in before remote controlling, as opposed to LogMeIn Rescue app or similar tools, but it didn't allow us to reverse lookup (find the specific computer a user is logged into).

Ryan from EMA Design Automation

Not only a lot of value for your money, but features that products that cost much more do not have.

Pros

I was tasked with finding software so that I could access everyone at my company. We have 140 employees. The bulk of them work out of our office in New York, but we have many remote workers. On top of that, I am the only admin, and I work out of an office in Alabama. . So, when I was looking for various tools, one of the requirements was pricing. I personally wanted something that gave a lot of bang for my buck. The trend right now that many software companies are moving towards, the SaaS concept where you pay a monthly fee and it is a never ending software rental, I personally hate that. I have no problem paying for software maintenance or a update fee (as Goverlan does) but I want to own it, and the ROI on Goverlan shows that it is a much better investment then some competitors. When I bought Goverlan, I needed a remote control app. Having said that, Now, almost a year after buying it. I am blown away by the software's abilities, (get a demo, you will be blown away also), quality of software, I have used so many MSP tools in the past that might look cool but are breaking and have to configured "just so". Quickly I wanted to mention that I have worked with every major vendor out there, one thing that has impressed me time and again is the support AFTER the sale. I wanted some help setting up some automation a year after I purchased and the support was just as good the when I demoed. Secure, being able to secure the port my users access when outside the office is great.

Kyle from First National Financila LP

Takes the guesswork out of guesswork

Overall the experience is very pleasant. Support is great and knows what they are doing and it's not outsourced! There are nitpicks here and there like errors being extremely vague or lack there of when things don't work but over all it gets the job done.

Pros

The pure ease of use. There is no guesswork. Want to add a printer, look for a printer. want to map a drive, it's labelled as such. Goverlan takes the guess work out of guess work.

Cons

inconsistency on errors. No network is 100% perfect and DNS will always be DNS. but when there is an error it's damn near impossible to know what glan is trying to tell me.

Ease of use

Reasons for Switching to Goverlan Reach

Landesk was terrible and their support was even worse. Finding anything in landesk was a nightmare and getting it to work was worse.

Mark from Cornerstone Solutions Group

Goverlan Review

Goverlan is great inside the LAN, marginal outside the LAN.

Pros

I originally purchased Goverlan as a remote control tool about 10 years ago. Over the years it has come in handy on multiple occasions when other remote control apps didn't work. I've had situations where servers have been hung and couldn't RDP into them but was able to get into them with Goverlan. It has detailed hardware info about the computers in your network and you're able to push procedures, make changes to registries, etc. It's very powerful and I have only scratched the surface of its capabilities.

Cons

When the reach version came out, it was supposed to make it easier to access machines outside of your LAN. I've been able to use it that way but it's not very easy to set up and not always reliable outside the LAN. Tech support is not very helpful...they refer you to documentation and help forums.

Response from Goverlan Inc.

Replied August 2019

Hello Mark and thank you for the review! I reviewed your support case and indeed one of our support engineer pushed his responsibilities to the user guide which is inappropriate (this engineer is gone btw). The management of external endpoints feature was fresh out of the oven when you tried in in 2017, and we have made a lot of stability improvement since then. If you are still interested in this feature, please contact our support department again. I will make sure that we provide you with our latest and greatest.

Jason from Durham Manufacturing

Industry: Information Services

Goverlan Reach Removes All Complexity from Remote Support

Goverlan Reach has been a pleasure of a product to use, and has allowed our IT team to achieve a much higher degree of efficiency with all user support instances requiring hands-on PC work. Users can be helped from across the world just as easily as those sitting within proximity of the team, which has had a massive positive response from these end users.

Pros

Goverlan Reach allows technicians to provide remote assistance with a very minimal amount of effort. Even if a client for the software is not installed on the PC to be serviced, the program can be used by the technician to remotely install the client, therefor removing any responsibility from the end user to receive assistance. If server software is used as well, PCs can be queried to local the machine a user is currently logged into, removing the need for a user to be familiar with their machine's name or address to receive support.

Cons

There are some undocumented security features that can arise and cause some small hiccups in a technician providing support, but these do exist to create a more secure remote assistance experience.

Goverlan in Secondary Edication

We have been using goverlan for well over 10+ years and it has been great. We have briefly reviewed it against other similar products but always continue to use Goverlan.

Pros

What we like most is its ease of use and its features. It database mirrors Active Directory so we know exactly where to find a user or device. Or when we don't its search feature works well and takes us directly to the required resource. The ability to remotely access windows clients as well as mac from one console is very handy, saves us having multiple remote administration apps.

Cons

Unfortunately we find the program sometimes has issues finding clients in remote domain or forests. Usually looking up the clients IP Address from DHCP and connecting via that works, but would be great if we didn't have to do this.

Reasons for Choosing Goverlan Reach

Ease of use, cost, features.

David from Vanguard

Industry: Business Supplies and Equipment

Critical Piece of IT Software

Goverlan provides a critical tool that our IT department is able to use to support our remote locations that don't have any onsite support. I can't say how much this reduces our overhead and significantly lessens our need to physically be onsite. Additionally it has become such a useful tool that we are able to provide support and manage our system using this as out primary support for any system that is on our network

Pros

Goverlan really provides immense flexibility to support our users and our hardware over local and remote locations. It connects very quickly and easily, ties in to our existing AD structure, and provides numerous tools to provide critical information about our systems.

Cons

Some PC's or OS's will require prep to integrate in full. Once this system is worked through, it isn't as much of an issue

Steven from City of Tifton

I love this software!

We can not do without the software at this point.

Pros

Mostly we use the remote control feature and the scripted installs feature. Recently we have started adding some scheduled tasks into goverlan to take care of some of our weekly file management tasks we have to do. I have also configured our Goverlan to allow us to remote a users personal computer. We really like this aspect of it.

Cons

Sometimes the display refresh is a bit squirrely. It will tell me there is no monitor connected at times.

Reasons for Choosing Goverlan Reach

We saw it in action at the GMIS international conference. We tried a demo and loved it so much that we really didnt consider any other alternative.

Andrew from City of Cornwall

Goverlan Reach

Other than my request above, we have been really happy with Goverlan Reach

Pros

The ability to roll out policies throughout our domain and keep track of where users are logged in at any given time.

Cons

Would really like a way to force the machines to report back system information to your SureDATA database. Instead I have to run a weekly scope on my machine to force them to update their information. If we could do it through Reach then that would be a much better centralized solution rather then depending on my machine being on for the database to get updated somewhat frequently so that we can run reports even and get up-to-date information on systems that are powered off at that time.

Bruno from Metaltech-Omega Inc

The best of all

Pros

You can just do anything with this software. From resetting password to report software.

Cons

Need to work on the File Manager. It's great but can be better.

juan from MCC

Pros

Goverlan Reach allows me to get a broad and detailed view of the assets in my enterprise. The reporting feature has made my daily administrative tasks much more manageable. The ability to push installs to groups of devices cuts the time to implementation drastically.

Cons

When I run an administrative scope, the results are only based on the devices that are currently powered on. I have seen in this newer version that Goverlan keeps a history of information about a device, but that information is not queried or reported when doing a scope. This information is only available when looking at individual devices.

Goverlan Reach

Overall it has been a really solid product. Hope to see a cloud based version soon so we don’t have to lunch a hole in firewall for remote capabilities.

Pros

They have a ton of awesome features and functions. You can search for a user then connect with ease. The custom actions and scope actions are awesome.

Cons

Wished they would connect there custom actions to the remote control features for a deeper integration between their products. Also would like to see built in automation instead of having to rely on Windows schedules tasks. Also would be nice to see patch management and windows updates like other remote control tools.

Better feature set.

Great Software for Support Desks

I use it for remote support and for bulk admin changes to computers.

Pros

Goverlan Reach helps us to give remote support to collegues and to make bulk changes to computers from a single interface.

Cons

When working with two domains, I have to switch between them when working in the other domain.

Better overall quality

Overall Satisfied

Overall I am satisfied with the value I receive for the price I paid. I use it daily.

Pros

Price was a major deciding factor for me. At the time they were one of the few options with perpetual licensing. Easy to deploy. Client app is not resource intensive. Customization and automated reports Provides a lot administrative back-end where work can be done without disturbing the user. Ability to aid users remotely, eliminating need for third party remote tools that we cannot control.

Cons

The customizing can be a bit more intuitive and easier. It took a little while to get used to. I used other RMM tools before that I found were somewhat better in this regard. I've come across many installed application that I could not remove from the admin console. Would have been good if it could connect with WSUS or it's own repository to manage Windows Updates. The Technician versio can't use any customizations created. It's kind of handicapped to just remoting in.

wayne from Unity College

Goverlan in a School Environment

We use Goverlan in a school environment and remotely connect to students and staff. The snapshot and record features have been great and overall the Goverlan program has been a great tool to help support our staff and students and monitor the students activity.

Pros

We can easily search for users and remotely connect with ease. I like the tools available such as snapshot and record features for end users. I also like the remote task manager, the observe only feature and the chat and send message.

Cons

I'm not aware of any Cons. I'm sure I dont use this program to its full capacity and would welcome the chance for some online training.

John from The City of Dublin Education & Training Board

Goverlan Reach review

Enjoyable.

Pros

Any time I've computers or users to report on or act upon, Goverlan Reach simply always seems to be there as a solution. It sometimes seems like there's nothing it can't do! I really enjoy how extensive it is and how much it has helped me in my role as systems administrator.

Cons

There's nothing I dislike about the software as such. I didn't like the way Goverlan Reach just came out and replaced Goverlan Manager. I had created a fair few customised actions that I hoped would've easily came across but they didn't. I was in touch with Goverlan support and they were quick to respond but the options they provided didn't really make sense or help me much. Now, in saying all that - I have to admit that I was probably a little inexperienced and maybe even a bit lazy in how I interpreted their advice. Anyway, it shouldn't be too hard to just recreate the customised actions in Goverlan Reach.

Reasons for Choosing Goverlan Reach

Goverlan Reach did what I needed it to do and was way cheaper than all other products I reviewed.

Reasons for Switching to Goverlan Reach

I actually came across Goverlan as a solution to energy saving. I needed a solution to shut down pcs automatically at night time. Hyena didn't offer that. Now I actually use Goverlan for much more than pc shut downs.

Wesley from Harris Packaging Corp./American Carton Co.

Industry: Packaging and Containers

I love Goverlan......

Overall I have been using Goverlan now for 4 years, and of all the products I have tried out, Goverlan is the best.

Pros

I like everything about Goverlan pretty much. I like the fact that I can deploy software remotely, connect to machines remotely, connect to Workgroup added machines, see all the details about a connected machine, add printers remotely, see file folders, run DOS Commands. It is just a great product for an IT Admin to monitor machines.

Cons

I wish there was more reporting. I also wish I could see everything grabbing an IP address off my DHCP Server. DHCP Integration would be great.

Christian from United NAtions DOALOS

Industry: International Affairs

Most useful remote control software

Reach enables me daily to troubleshoot remote stations successfully. I can verify installations, maintain labs and fine-tune Lab's workstations. I love it! It is easy to setup, learn and operate. It has all the functions an administrator dream about. Keep up the good work GoverLAN!

Pros

The ease of use and the power of the options/features.

Cons

Not much. I did no encounter any problem.

Reasons for Choosing Goverlan Reach

Price, functionality, learning curve, power

Reasons for Switching to Goverlan Reach

Needed something easier to deploy, learn and more powerful.

Goverlan is almost perfect

The always respond same day.

Pros

I love the ability to remote into multiple machines.

Cons

Often when opening up machines, if one machine becomes unavailable, you have to switch between tabs in order to remotely control a machine again. Hopefully they will fix this bug soon.

Response from Goverlan Inc.

Replied September 2018

Hello and thank you for your review! Regarding the bug you have reported: We are aware of it and will fix this soon, but for now, here is a quick fix. 1. Open Goverlan Remote Control's General Settings 2. Under 'User Interface', REMOVE the check under 'Use local keyboard hooking' 3. Restart the Goverlan application Doing so should resolve the issue. If not, please contact our support department.

Chad from University of Northwestern Ohio

Works well for our needs

We needed something to provide desktop support that would also allow us to enter credentials for administrative tasks. Goverlan has made this process very easy for us.

Pros

Agent software is very lightweight. Remote management support works very well and our end-users appreciate the ease of use. Very easy to deploy.

Cons

Deployment of software with the product is more difficult than competitors. Not being able to see deployment tasks that others have created makes it hard as an administrator. The online support videos for app deployment did not help us successfully deploy.

Troy from CSDNet

Good remote management software

My overall experience with Goverlan is positive. By providing powerful remote management tools within the software that are just as good as Microsoft's own tools, as well as the ability to create shortcuts to other external third party tools, Goverlan has saved me a massive amount of time doing mundane tasks like switching windows and opening other tools and utilities.

Pros

The software's is overall easy to use, while retaining a lot of functionality. The setup is straightforward and simple, and the UI is intuitive and responsive.

Cons

It's only available for 64-bit systems, and the software only supports windows, not OS X, ChromeOS or Linux.

Rusty from Sugar Salem School District

IT usein Educational enviroment

Pros

It is easy to use, things like remote control, editing user information , see what tasks are running on a remote machine. Information about a specific computer is available as needed, by using system info. The remote control feature works well when connecting to other computers to fix issues.

Cons

When I remote in and tell the software that I want to use administrator mode, it does not always blank screen or take away the users ability to move the mouse or use keyboard, this can be aggravating when trying to fix issues.

Janice from Brand Mortgage

It's really easy to use and makes helping remote users so much easier and convenient.

Not having to travel to remote locations to help users who are out of state or not local

Pros

Convenience - many of our users are remote. Having a way to see what they are seeing and to troubleshoot their issues is great. Easy to use Licensing is convenient to keep track of users Observation tool is great when interaction is not needed Chat tool - love it!

Cons

Do not like that if you logout as one user to login as another user, you may lose your connection. Connection sometimes randomly locks up, at which time, you then have to disconnect and reconnect.

Irmantas from European Banking Authority

Great tool. Very useful for enterprise IT administrators.

Flexibility.

Pros

Goverlan tools works without any errors or lags. IT has Active directory integration that works perfectly fine. Great tool and I would recommend it to use for IT colleagues in enterprise environment. Tool saves time, it has account information where you can see the password age of user. This helps to identify problems with expired password. Remote connection also works great.

Cons

It could have System Center Configuration Manager 2012 integration. For Example to download or apply machine policy or to trigger application deployment cycle. It could also have a tool to install System Center Configuration Manager 2012 client to desktop and laptop workstations.

For In-House / Enterprise, AD-Integrated Remote management of Windows Desktops and Servers...Amazing

We demo'd the product for one week and were so amazed at the functionality and price difference that we immediately signed. The entire team loves it.

Pros

We were looking for an alternative to all of the RMM tools out there that are geared for MSP's, but none for In-house tech support on an enterprise level (without getting into the convoluted beast that is SCCM/SCOM). The intuitive, ease-of-use for our TSR team, right out of the bat, along with the amazing tools available make this suite as powerful as any other RMM tool we have used (Pulseway, Connectwise, Kaseya, Atera, Solarwinds, etc.) but for IN-HOUSE, non-MSP...simply awesome. Another excellent point is that we migrated from a mid-sized RMM and the pricing was literally 1/4th for our small in-house team of 8.

Cons

Without purchasing the more expensive on-boarding package...it was fairly convoluted to set up for our out-of-network laptop users and there is no ios/android app. That being said, the management tools, along with AD integration and relationship mapping make this so incredibly easy to use for our clinical informatics and Tier 1 and Tier 2 TSR's...it easily outweighs the CONS.

Mike from Duane Morris, LLP.

Great information all in one place

Enjoy using this for ease of information in one place.

Pros

Able to see all PC information in one spot. Easy to remote control and see what programs are installed on the PC. Also can remote manage the PC through Task Manager option, Power Option, File Manage, and run Command Prompt as admin when needed.

Cons

If the user has multiple screens, you have to switch between them instead of being able to use a scroll bar to move back and forth between them.

Scott from Rockville Centre Schools

Fantastic Product

Have used Goverlan Reach for reporting / planning, remote control / problem resolution, remote installation of software (either individually or in batches). Extremely satisfied with this product.

Pros

This is by far one of the best AD / client management solutions I have ever used. Extremely powerful toolbox to resolve technical issues without having to leave the office and drive to remote sites.

Cons

Scope actions could be easier to configure / use. Filtering options are difficult to sort out.

Great central tool for managing domain workstations

We use this to manage hundreds of computers from the IT office and seldom need to touch a computer unless there's a hardware problem. Software saves time every day and makes us more responsive.

Pros

Quick and easy control over any computer in the network. It's easy to set a scope action to do massive software rollouts and hit just the machines you need.

Cons

Lots of little things could use more polish. Remote control software doesn't send keyboard shortcuts, sometimes bugs out at weird times.

William from Claymont City Schools

Goverlan Reach - The IT Admin's Best Friend

Pros

It allows me to monitor my entire domain easily and quickly. Now that I have Goverlan, I don't have to have anymore step-by-step phone conversations with staff. I can just show my staff how to do something instead of explaining it!

Cons

The program crashes sometimes for the strangest thing. In addition, there has been a copy and paste bug in the release for many, many versions that has remained unfixed.

Philip from Vornado

Must have for ITSM world

I have been working with this product over 20 years in my IT career. Every company I bring it to thanks me for introducing this product it really helps with service management teams.

Pros

I can easily navigate AD reset passwords, remote PC’s. Reporting. Just to name a few of this very capable product

Cons

Not a biggie, but would love to see more with windows patching incorporated into the product

Stability, reliability, and price

Ara from Valley Presbyterian Hospital

A great tool for IT departments

It has helped our Helpdesk be more productive and minimize need to go to a user or try and locate their device name through more complex means. It’s a big timesaver.

Pros

Ability to find users devices by just knowing their name or the reverse. The tools like sending messages to users and reporting abilities are great.

Cons

The setup is not so straightforward. I still have users that it never shows the computer they are logged into. I’m sure it’s a issue on how we set it up but it should be more seamless. There are zero canner reports which is a negative. I can think of 5 reports that should just be included. Including some automations which would be helpful. They have some in their website but tricky to install.

Better value.

Billy from Strathallan School

Simply the best remote and management software around

We have been using this software for around 10 years now and if it was not up to the job, well, we would not still be using it. I think coming from an IT support enviorment that speak volumes.

Pros

Using the console is super easy, and offering remote support and remote management is plain and simple.

Cons

I can't really think of anything that these people have not thought about.

Reasons for Switching to Goverlan Reach

This give way more options for remote support.

Jelle from Westerscheldetunnel

Excellent for remote support

Being able to quickly check a system and give remote control support works excellent. It's mostly very quick.

Pros

We purchased Goverlan mainly for the remote control capabilities. Their Active Directory toolset is great too, for example able to do a recursive group membership query.

Cons

Some of the options are a little confusing or not too well organized. Also some GUI elements look a bit outdated.

Brown from National Spinning Co., Inc. (USA)

Industry: Textiles

GoverLAN Reach

Support tool for remote servers (CoLo and Remote Sites), End user support, System setup without leaving office. Simple to use and user friendly.

Pros

Easy to use and connect to clients by machineID or UserID, copy and paste, and simple file transfers, great management tools and background scripts available also

Cons

Does require direct IP, when using VPN sometimes have to use IP rather than hostname or username, easy to get around though...

Eugene from City of Clovis

Goverlan Helps Make IT Efficient

Goverlan allows me to fix quick and easy issues from my desk without having to go onsite for something that only takes minutes to fix.

Pros

Goverlan is easy to use and allows IT Admins the ability to troubleshoot and fix user issues quickly. The Remote Control is extremely helpful to see an issue immediately that a user may be having. Sometimes issues are gone by the time we have a chance to arrive on site.

Cons

I have not found anything yet. The software has so many features that I am still exploring and learning what additional abilities it gives me to make me more efficient.

Matt from Construction

Goverlan has helped me manage over 100 network devices.

Pros

Remote access has improved efficiency. Now I can help remote users without having to guess at what they are looking at. Scope Actions have helped me manage software licenses and updates.

Cons

App shuts down every once in a while. I have been able to reopen Goverlan without any issues. I would have said Remote Control when computers are out of network, but that is now supported.

Michael from Calloway school district

Best tool for remote administration and support is top notch

Pros

Remote administration is great. Scope actions work great . Ease and functionality is great. Upgrading to the latest edit versions and initial setup is quite easy as well. Works great with AD.

Cons

Crashes too often. This has been an ongoing problem no matter what version but 8 and 8.5 seem to be the worse. 9 seem to correct some of those issues. Would like to see some more functionality from wol.

Matt from Arnall Golden Gregory, LLP

Reach Console - Easy, Effective, Efficient

Great support. They're fast, efficient, and patient. The Reach Console is easy to use and has gotten us out of a pinch on many occasions.

Pros

It's easy and quick to use and customize.

Cons

I have not heard any complaints about Goverlan from our IT staff.

David from Civil Engineering

Industry: Civil Engineering

Good product all around

For the feature set, and how it's licensed it's a great product.

Pros

Simple, effective and easy to navigate interface with plenty of options. Great bang for the buck.

Cons

My success rate deploying software is rather low; wish it were as effective and PDQ Deploy. Also have occasional issues with accessing end points (random SSPI errors).

Reasons for Choosing Goverlan Reach

Price and being an on-premise solution

Ben from School DIstrict of Pickens County

Ease of use

mostly remote troubleshooting but also helps with inventory and configuration of devices, alerts, so many different applications. As stated initially we have been and continue to be very happy with the product.

Pros

everything is intuitive, easy to find, easy to use, software installs in seconds, no complaints

Cons

I wish they had a management console that worked on MacOS