Review Highlights

Pros and Cons

• icon"The interface is perfect very easy to use just put the users name and boom you have access."
  • icon"What we like most is its ease of use and its features."
  • icon"The ability to quickly connect to remote users and offer a quality tech support experience."
  • icon"Sometimes we struggle with users that have 3 displays(about 20 of our users). The content from each of the displays often times does not load."
  • icon"I struggle to find fault with the tool. I find most of the issues goverlan struggles with are related to the workstations inability to keep a current copy of DNS resolution for on domain workstations."
  • icon"Also have occasional issues with accessing end points (random SSPI errors)."

Have you used EV Reach and would like to share your experience with others?

All EV Reach Reviews

Brown

Industry: Textiles

GoverLAN Reach

Support tool for remote servers (CoLo and Remote Sites), End user support, System setup without leaving office. Simple to use and user friendly.

Pros

Easy to use and connect to clients by machineID or UserID, copy and paste, and simple file transfers, great management tools and background scripts available also

Cons

Does require direct IP, when using VPN sometimes have to use IP rather than hostname or username, easy to get around though...

Goverlan in Secondary Edication

We have been using goverlan for well over 10+ years and it has been great. We have briefly reviewed it against other similar products but always continue to use Goverlan.

Pros

What we like most is its ease of use and its features. It database mirrors Active Directory so we know exactly where to find a user or device. Or when we don't its search feature works well and takes us directly to the required resource. The ability to remotely access windows clients as well as mac from one console is very handy, saves us having multiple remote administration apps.

Cons

Unfortunately we find the program sometimes has issues finding clients in remote domain or forests. Usually looking up the clients IP Address from DHCP and connecting via that works, but would be great if we didn't have to do this.

Reasons for choosing EV Reach

Ease of use, cost, features.

Jeff

Industry: Furniture

All kinds of tools, bells, and whistles!

Pros

Offers multiple ways to connect with computers on the network.

Cons

With all of our remote users now, I wish we could use it for them as well. As it is, and to the best of my knowledge, it only works with computers on campus.

Overall Satisfied

Overall I am satisfied with the value I receive for the price I paid. I use it daily.

Pros

Price was a major deciding factor for me. At the time they were one of the few options with perpetual licensing. Easy to deploy. Client app is not resource intensive. Customization and automated reports Provides a lot administrative back-end where work can be done without disturbing the user. Ability to aid users remotely, eliminating need for third party remote tools that we cannot control.

Cons

The customizing can be a bit more intuitive and easier. It took a little while to get used to. I used other RMM tools before that I found were somewhat better in this regard. I've come across many installed application that I could not remove from the admin console. Would have been good if it could connect with WSUS or it's own repository to manage Windows Updates. The Technician versio can't use any customizations created. It's kind of handicapped to just remoting in.

Goverlan Reach

Overall it has been a really solid product. Hope to see a cloud based version soon so we don’t have to lunch a hole in firewall for remote capabilities.

Pros

They have a ton of awesome features and functions. You can search for a user then connect with ease. The custom actions and scope actions are awesome.

Cons

Wished they would connect there custom actions to the remote control features for a deeper integration between their products. Also would like to see built in automation instead of having to rely on Windows schedules tasks. Also would be nice to see patch management and windows updates like other remote control tools.

Better feature set.

Goverlan is almost perfect

The always respond same day.

Pros

I love the ability to remote into multiple machines.

Cons

Often when opening up machines, if one machine becomes unavailable, you have to switch between tabs in order to remotely control a machine again. Hopefully they will fix this bug soon.

Response from Goverlan Inc.

Hello and thank you for your review! Regarding the bug you have reported: We are aware of it and will fix this soon, but for now, here is a quick fix. 1. Open Goverlan Remote Control's General Settings 2. Under 'User Interface', REMOVE the check under 'Use local keyboard hooking' 3. Restart the Goverlan application Doing so should resolve the issue. If not, please contact our support department.

Replied September 2018

For In-House / Enterprise, AD-Integrated Remote management of Windows Desktops and Servers...Amazing

We demo'd the product for one week and were so amazed at the functionality and price difference that we immediately signed. The entire team loves it.

Pros

We were looking for an alternative to all of the RMM tools out there that are geared for MSP's, but none for In-house tech support on an enterprise level (without getting into the convoluted beast that is SCCM/SCOM). The intuitive, ease-of-use for our TSR team, right out of the bat, along with the amazing tools available make this suite as powerful as any other RMM tool we have used (Pulseway, Connectwise, Kaseya, Atera, Solarwinds, etc.) but for IN-HOUSE, non-MSP...simply awesome. Another excellent point is that we migrated from a mid-sized RMM and the pricing was literally 1/4th for our small in-house team of 8.

Cons

Without purchasing the more expensive on-boarding package...it was fairly convoluted to set up for our out-of-network laptop users and there is no ios/android app. That being said, the management tools, along with AD integration and relationship mapping make this so incredibly easy to use for our clinical informatics and Tier 1 and Tier 2 TSR's...it easily outweighs the CONS.

Great central tool for managing domain workstations

We use this to manage hundreds of computers from the IT office and seldom need to touch a computer unless there's a hardware problem. Software saves time every day and makes us more responsive.

Pros

Quick and easy control over any computer in the network. It's easy to set a scope action to do massive software rollouts and hit just the machines you need.

Cons

Lots of little things could use more polish. Remote control software doesn't send keyboard shortcuts, sometimes bugs out at weird times.

Eugene

Goverlan Helps Make IT Efficient

Goverlan allows me to fix quick and easy issues from my desk without having to go onsite for something that only takes minutes to fix.

Pros

Goverlan is easy to use and allows IT Admins the ability to troubleshoot and fix user issues quickly. The Remote Control is extremely helpful to see an issue immediately that a user may be having. Sometimes issues are gone by the time we have a chance to arrive on site.

Cons

I have not found anything yet. The software has so many features that I am still exploring and learning what additional abilities it gives me to make me more efficient.

Industry: Business Supplies and Equipment

Critical Piece of IT Software

Goverlan provides a critical tool that our IT department is able to use to support our remote locations that don't have any onsite support. I can't say how much this reduces our overhead and significantly lessens our need to physically be onsite. Additionally it has become such a useful tool that we are able to provide support and manage our system using this as out primary support for any system that is on our network

Pros

Goverlan really provides immense flexibility to support our users and our hardware over local and remote locations. It connects very quickly and easily, ties in to our existing AD structure, and provides numerous tools to provide critical information about our systems.

Cons

Some PC's or OS's will require prep to integrate in full. Once this system is worked through, it isn't as much of an issue

Goverlan Reach

Other than my request above, we have been really happy with Goverlan Reach

Pros

The ability to roll out policies throughout our domain and keep track of where users are logged in at any given time.

Cons

Would really like a way to force the machines to report back system information to your SureDATA database. Instead I have to run a weekly scope on my machine to force them to update their information. If we could do it through Reach then that would be a much better centralized solution rather then depending on my machine being on for the database to get updated somewhat frequently so that we can run reports even and get up-to-date information on systems that are powered off at that time.

Goverlan Reach review

Enjoyable.

Pros

Any time I've computers or users to report on or act upon, Goverlan Reach simply always seems to be there as a solution. It sometimes seems like there's nothing it can't do! I really enjoy how extensive it is and how much it has helped me in my role as systems administrator.

Cons

There's nothing I dislike about the software as such. I didn't like the way Goverlan Reach just came out and replaced Goverlan Manager. I had created a fair few customised actions that I hoped would've easily came across but they didn't. I was in touch with Goverlan support and they were quick to respond but the options they provided didn't really make sense or help me much. Now, in saying all that - I have to admit that I was probably a little inexperienced and maybe even a bit lazy in how I interpreted their advice. Anyway, it shouldn't be too hard to just recreate the customised actions in Goverlan Reach.

Reasons for choosing EV Reach

Goverlan Reach did what I needed it to do and was way cheaper than all other products I reviewed.

Reasons for switching to EV Reach

I actually came across Goverlan as a solution to energy saving. I needed a solution to shut down pcs automatically at night time. Hyena didn't offer that. Now I actually use Goverlan for much more than pc shut downs.

Chad

Works well for our needs

We needed something to provide desktop support that would also allow us to enter credentials for administrative tasks. Goverlan has made this process very easy for us.

Pros

Agent software is very lightweight. Remote management support works very well and our end-users appreciate the ease of use. Very easy to deploy.

Cons

Deployment of software with the product is more difficult than competitors. Not being able to see deployment tasks that others have created makes it hard as an administrator. The online support videos for app deployment did not help us successfully deploy.

Billy

Simply the best remote and management software around

We have been using this software for around 10 years now and if it was not up to the job, well, we would not still be using it. I think coming from an IT support enviorment that speak volumes.

Pros

Using the console is super easy, and offering remote support and remote management is plain and simple.

Cons

I can't really think of anything that these people have not thought about.

Reasons for switching to EV Reach

This give way more options for remote support.

Jelle

Excellent for remote support

Being able to quickly check a system and give remote control support works excellent. It's mostly very quick.

Pros

We purchased Goverlan mainly for the remote control capabilities. Their Active Directory toolset is great too, for example able to do a recursive group membership query.

Cons

Some of the options are a little confusing or not too well organized. Also some GUI elements look a bit outdated.

Industry: Civil Engineering