Browse ISL Light Reviews

Matevž from ZTM

Easy set-up, does the job

While some services were overloaded during the COVID crisis, there have been no technical difficulties with ISL. The service is robust, intuitive and works well.

Pros

There is very low overhead with this software, users don't need to install anything and remote support can be up and running within half a minute from call.

Cons

Running services or applications with elevated privileges on the remote computer is a bit of a hassle.

Reasons for Choosing ISL Light

The 500 minute plan is an excellent deal for occasional support.

Parry from TST {For Everything IT}

IT support worker using ISL daily

Overall, ISL has been a pleasure to work with and has been an essential tool to support individuals and businesses, especially during the COVID lockdowns when so many people moved to working from home. Whenever I needed support in the early days of using ISL, I found the online chat facility to be excellent, quickly answering questions and resolving my issues.

Pros

Integration ISL with our existing business was very straightforward. I appreciate being able to have multiple sessions open simultaneously. I particularly liked the pointing device, monitor switching, video session recording, and chat facility which remains on the customer's screen even after the session has ended. Being able to transfer files is great and the functionality to be able to switch so that a supported customer can view my desktop has also proved useful on occassion.

Cons

Working with apple devices can be difficult but there are some good guides on the ISL website to help navigate the settings and permissions that need to be granted by the client.

Reasons for Choosing ISL Light

ISL seemed to offer a superior product at a very fair price. The demo period was long enough to assure me that ISL was the best choice and the on-boarding process was seemless.

Reasons for Switching to ISL Light

End of licensing period and looking for greater functionality and better licensing arrangement with unlimited number of stored client machines.

MAtjaž from Prima Sistemi

Industry: Consumer Electronics

ISL Light

We mostly support people in the USA, Denmark, Arab emirates.

Pros

slo support, multiple monitor connect is nice

Cons

I can not prepare a remote access in advance. I have to open software, generate session ID and then wait a really long time for the installer to tell the customer to download it. Generating link is nice, but I still need to be there at the beginning. It is really confusing whenever session drops, sometimes it reconnects and writes some data into chat window? why chat window? Whenever you have chat open and remote and also file transfer it is really hard to manage all those windows. Audio chat would also be nice. Connecting to some remote in Arab Emirates can take up to 5 minutes. Having multiple administrators use the same Session ID would be also a nice feature.

Price

Response from ISL Online

Replied September 2019

"Audio chat would also be nice. " Audio chat in an active session is possible. You can check out the following guide which will show you how to use it: https://help.islonline.com/37390/230353 "Connecting to some remote in Arab Emirates can take up to 5 minutes. " Long connection times can be caused by a number of reasons (network issues, ports unavailable, ...) If you can reproduce this issue, we can help you see the exact reason why the connections take a long time. You are most welcome to visit our live chat so we can connect to one such computer and check the issue. "Having multiple administrators use the same Session ID would be also a nice feature." Since the session code (Session ID) contains a lot of important information about the session, each session code is unique. However, you are able to invite other operators into the session by using the 'Invite operator' option: https://help.islonline.com/37390/166673#invite-operator Yours sincerely Domen Vidmar ISL Online Team

Ian from Qdos Computer Consultants Ltd

Reliable product, competitively priced, easy to use

This allows our team of 4 to easily support hundreds of end users each day with all manner of issues. We are able to integrate the download from our website as well as invite our clients to support sessions via email.

Pros

Easy to use on Windows devices. Good information fed back through dashboard. Quick, reliable connection. Spans all screens for remote computer.

Cons

If the extra cost for multi connections per user were cheaper we would definitely go for it. However we do appreciate that the overall cost is very competitive vs other products.

Cost

Cost

Christian from Emsisoft

Solid alternative to Teamviewer

It was a positive experience for us so far. The software allows us to provide a professionally looking remote support service to mostly new and unknown users.

Pros

We've just renewed our license for the third year. We're using it to provide remote tech support for our customers and it never let us down so far. Our support staff likes working with it. Certainly not looking back to Teamviewer again.

Cons

Two relatively small issues with it, last time we checked: 1. The chat identifies our staff as "Desk" and there is no way to change this. In TeamViewer we could set our identification to whatever we wanted (We had it set to "Firstname Lastname - Company" for clarity and personal touch). 2. It uses the chat like a log, so everything that happens while we're connected gets logged in the chat, and we feel it's difficult to carry on a conversation with someone with log output cluttering the chat.

Reasons for Choosing ISL Light

After playing Teamviewer's forced paid updates game for a couple of years we finally left them. Teamviewer is on a very high horse in our opinion and totally lost connection to their actual user base a long time ago. Never again.

Gary from ProPeg Systems Ltd

ISLOnline easy to use

It allows me to support my customers 24-7 not just Monday-Friday 9-5. It saves site visits and allows me to quickly fix a problem.

Pros

Easy to setup and supports multiple platforms. You can add multi sessions for a fixed fee. Flexible subscription I started off with a price per use with a few customer then upgraded when the I built a larger customer base. Recently I have started to use the Web Conference feature for hosting online demos.

Cons

I would prefer a drag and drop to specific folder when transferring files. I would also like remote printing

Reasons for Choosing ISL Light

One of my suppliers used ISL and I like the pay per use license as I initially had very few customers

Response from ISL Online

Replied February 2021

The newest ISL Light version added support for our new File Manager functionality. This functionality will allow you to simply transfer files between the local and remote computer by drag and dropping files in a simple-to-use graphical interface. Currently, the File Manager functionality is available for ISL AlwaysOn connections, as well as on-demand sessions where the remote client is a Linux or macOS machine. For on-demand connections with Windows remote machines, by default, this functionality is not available. However, if you would require this functionality in such a session, it is possible to instruct the client to download the ISL Light application instead of the ISL Light Client, then in the ISL Light application choose Options -> Join and join the session this way. Then, the File Manager functionality will be available in this session as well.

Nigel from RJS Consultants

Use ISL Remote Desktop to perform Remote Support

We have been using ISL for around 5 years, and it is the mainstay of our ability to provide remote support to our clients. We have also been able to allow users to access their own computer when working away from their desk using some of the tools provided by ISL, which makes the product a hit with our clients as well.

Pros

The ability to group users together, to easily assign who on our support team can access which computers, and the ease of transferring files from ourselves onto the remote computer. And perhaps the greatest value is that we can set up the various parameters in a command line executable, so we don't need to set them up by hand every time.

Cons

It can sometimes take a few minutes between the user providing access and it appearing as an available remote system on our console

Reasons for Choosing ISL Light

At the time, Teamviewer was priced based on the number of named users, whereas ISL was priced on the number of simultaneous users, regardless of who they are. This better suits our operation. It also is a more secure product, as the remote software is tied in to our license, whereas with TeamViewer, anyone can log on to the remote computer if they have the password. We are always concerned with the security of these types of products, and we consider this to be a safer approach.

Reasons for Switching to ISL Light

LogMeIn changed their pricing algorithm, and it meant that we were going to be charged up to 800% of our renewal to carry on using it. We have actually found ISL to be just as good at a very reasonable cost for our operation.

Malcolm from Premier System Solutions ltd

Industry: Computer Hardware

THe right product for the job

use it every hour of every day have tried others, but graphics poor, expensive or not as secure

Pros

Its fast, good graphics, secure, does not leave a code on the PC for someone to copy and hack

Cons

Happy with all the product range and features

Reasons for Switching to ISL Light

Quality of product and security, ease of use with the isl light app

Werner from Vermelis Automatisering

ISL Remote for optimal Network support

We use ISL for several years already and the overall benefits of this product makes that we continue to use it. Even on a Phone or Tablet we can remote access the connected systems.

Pros

The ease of use makes it perfect for daily use. It works perfect even when we are logged in to multiple systems without any loss of speed.

Cons

It would be better is we had an automatic way to create a report, of even a quick report of the system.

Reasons for Switching to ISL Light

We made the switch because the pricing of ISL was better for us considering the work that we do.

Alexander from km3 teledienst GmbH

Best TeamViewer alternative I have ever seen

I use ISL nearly every day and the experience is very nice. The support with ISL is fully functional, fast and easy.

Pros

This software is very fast, functional and the best, it could be self hosted.

Cons

There is nothing worth to say about ISL online

Price, Self Hosting, teamviewer like functions

Price, Self hosting

Joshua from Falcon Trading Systems

It's almost perfect.

Pretty good the sales team were very good the development team could be a bit better at responding to customer needs and issues.

Pros

Hosting the software ourselves is very comforting as we don't have to rely on other servers if it goes down we are to blame. Reading the customer the ID is very nice versus the other way around as it helps prevent errors and gets read at a consistent rate. Also being able to email and transfer the session is very helpful. The software file transfer is the best I've tried much faster than the competitors.

Cons

A couple of things that I wish would be improved would be. When comparing to Teamviewer, ISL is considerably slower; if you have them sitting side by side, you will be able to complete tasks almost twice as fast with Teamviewer. When opening UAC within Windows, there is a considerable delay in displaying the Yes and No prompt that doesn't happen with Teamviewer. Multiple monitors work pretty well, but once you get past three monitors, the software starts to fall apart. It's even slower. Also, sometimes, it won't even show dialog boxes in the large zoomed-out view that exists when using Teamviewer. You won't see all the monitors at once, so you will need to toggle each monitor until you are on the right one. Switching monitors is also a drag as it's also very, very slow to display the content of each individual monitor. I've been told that one of the reasons for ISL slowness is that it is more secure than Teamviewer, and while that might be true, I wish they would give the End User the option to have faster speed/less secure or slower speeds more secure.

Reasons for Choosing ISL Light

Cost savings, self-hosted solution, I wish I could say more but until they fix the issues these are the only advantages.

Cost savings.

Response from ISL Online

Replied June 2021

Hello, the delays you are experiencing in a session where two computers are side by side, in comparison with TeamViewer, is due to difference in how the sessions work. With ISL Online, every session goes through a dedicated ISL server, making such a connection much more secure - in comparison, TeamViewer connections are peer-to-peer, so the session is established directly from one computer to another, with no server inbetween. This opens the session up to potential security issues. In cases where the computers are side by side, you may find the ISL session has a slightly higher delay, however in most cases, where remote computer is not next to the operator's computer, the session should not have any more delay than a TeamViewer session. For the multi-monitor issues you are experiencing - we have created an internal ticket to improve this functionality! You're always welcome to contact us through our live chat at www.islonline.com. ISL Online Support Team

Gregor from Castel Computers d.o.o.

Waited too long to switch to ISL Light

I suggest everyone to try it - its simple and free. The support is great. In the first phonecall to customer service I got all the info I wanted to know. Since then no further support was needed. I can highly recommend.

Pros

Simplicity of use in every aspect. I can run it from any device I owe without any software installation and activation. Mobile version also simple and working. Everything we need!

Cons

Drag'n drop files from client's side not supported.

Reasons for Choosing ISL Light

Simplicity of use. We are IT support company and we use remote support for customers a lot. Compared to other similar products, I haven't had a single case that the customer could not establish connection with operator. I got on everyone's device on the first try and everything runs smoothly.

Alejandro from Grupo IEN

Industry: Executive Office

Easy remote access/support solution with multiple options

We offer support to company owned and employee owned PCs, and also support business partners that require access to our systems for our business relationship. For company owned equipment we used to install another remote support product, but we can't do that on most of not-owned equipment, so ISL became a great help since we do not need to install anything, just provide the session ID so they can join when they need and be confident no one will be accessing their property beyond that particular moment.

Pros

When you need to provide support or remote access (attended or unattended) it is a simple solution, easy to use, several alternatives to grant access in variety of OS's and circumstances and cost competitive.It isn't cluttered with functions that may work in some cases but in others are completely unnecessary.

Cons

No "bundles" for several users in small companies, those with need of many simultaneous users are likely to be really big and this situation works at their favor (btw, those are the ones that may need the extra functions from other competitors), but for small companies (using 1-2 simultaneous users) add an extra channel means doubling the cost. Even with that unpleasant situation still cost competitive.

Mark from Jemtek Solutions

Great Value Remote Support Software

I used to use LogMeIn and was approached by ISL to try out there product initially I said no then the price of the other product had its third increase in twelve months which made it too expensive. Since then I haven't looked back, I can connect to my clients quickly and securely and provide the type of service my clients expect as if I was there in person. I must use the software three to four times a day on average and now most of my support work is done remotely saving journey time and fuel cost. It's made me more efficient.

Pros

ISLOnline has all the features of it's competitors but at a more competitive price. The software is continually being developed and improved and can be branded to suit your company needs. It supports remote connections to multi platform and devices and has a chat platform for you to converse with your customers which can be added to your website. Technical support is first class and they are extremely helpful when you first begin using the software. You get an evelauation period to trial the fully featured software and this can be extended if needs be so you can be sure. Did I mention the price?

Cons

I would like to see some improvements in the Remote support logging page as I use this to generate invoicing information and it takes an export of the log and some reformatting to get it in the state I need.

Response from ISL Online

Replied February 2019

Hello, thank you for your review! We are currently developing some new features for the reports page, which will soon show the name of the computer in the list aswell, making it easier to see which computer you were connected to in a particular session. If you have any requests which you would like to see added to the reports page (or to ISL products in general) please send us an email to support@islonline.com or visit our live chat on our website www.islonline.com! Best regards, Domen Vidmar ISL Online Team

Marcelo from MR Imagen Digital & Informatica SLU

Excelente

La experiencia en general es muy buena, no he tenido problema alguno.

Pros

Lo mejor es la facilidad en la implementación, es muy intuitivo y es facil para los clientes.

Cons

A lo mejor lo que se podría mejorar es el tema de las reuniones para poder dar clases, es un poco complejo.

Reasons for Choosing ISL Light

Por la simplicidad de uso y por tener la posibilidad de trabajar en modo administrador de dominio sin necesidad de reiniciar el ordenador del cliente

Reasons for Switching to ISL Light

Me ha gustado que el servicio es español.

Response from ISL Online

Replied January 2021

Marcelo, thank you for your review! The new version of ISL Groop will have a new Classroom feature. We recommend you to follow our social channels or subscribe to our newsletter in order to be informed about it once released.

Andrew from Kreative Technology Ltd

ISL Light has streamlined our business.

ISL has always been a pleasure to deal with. On the VERY few ocassions we have had an issue it was resolved quickly with knowledgeable support staff. I would highly recommend ISL for 'always on' connections and help desk support. We use the performance details often to help diagnose our clients problems, all integrated into the ISL platfrom. Brilliant!

Pros

ISL Light is easy to implement and integrate into our website and daily business tasks. Our clients like the ability to have transparency when using the software and the tools it enables us as business to help them with.

Cons

A more lightweight client installer would be good but this is a small request as most clients can connect with our instructions over the phone.

Reasons for Choosing ISL Light

We liked the features of ISL and the pricing, although not the cheapest, was very fair for the service offered.

Reasons for Switching to ISL Light

Team viewer was just too expensive for our small business and we found it was not always reliable.

Adhoc support tool, webchat and more

Our technical support team love it, as it just works no firewall issues or horrendous end user experiences as we can create a session send an email invite or ask the user to visit the our branded ISL landing page.

Pros

We first came to use ISL after having experienced the ease of connection many years ago with one of our suppliers. We loved the fact that the end user just had to enter a session number download and run. It also allowed us to host live web chat facilities on our website, which was another separate service we were paying for.

Cons

The webchat isn't as proactive as some other services, informing you when there are visitors on your site. But the remote desktop support makes up for this.

Reasons for Switching to ISL Light

Better end user experience, quicker RDP sessions and combined 2x services - remote chat + remote desktop into one service which saved us money.

chris from FROG IT Services Ltd

isl

we support customers using this.

Pros

file transfer is very useful, also multi session is invaluable to us.

Cons

cannot save passwords on IOS. also cannot use domain login details to authenticate. Reporting tools could do with a little more detail

cost mainly

cost

Michele from inVRsion srl

Easy and effective

We use ISL to give technical support on customer's machines. It is super easy to install, since the executable files come already setup to connect to company account. Connection is reliable and fast.

Pros

Lightweight executable, can be used in all platforms. User management interface very effective.

Cons

Some issues in RDP tunnelling on MacOs. Tricky to set-up on auto-scaling cloud machines (not critical at the moment). It would be great to be able to ask for help by raising a flag on AlwaysOn (so that at operator side we know which machine raised it).

Reasons for Choosing ISL Light

Faster and easier to install and maintain on both client and operator's machine. Lightweight and preconfigured executables. Ability to create a user account per operator, but paying only for concurrent use. After testing ISL it was easy to get convinced to use it.

Reasons for Switching to ISL Light

Overall cost and pay per user policy

Christian from Digital Promotion Scandinavia AS

Fast and not bloated

Remote management of external PC players for digital signage software for 500 players at different locations. A key success factor in delivering our service.

Pros

Fast and reliable software for controlling remote computers. All functions you would expect like file transfer, keyboard shortcuts, focus on quality or speed. Web interface, PC client and Android client for remote management. You could help your customers even when gone shopping with the wife! Firewall friendly.

Cons

Last time I've checked it does not offer support for taking control of android units.

Reasons for Choosing ISL Light

God feature set and good price model

Response from ISL Online

Replied October 2019

We offer remote control for Samsung, Cyrus and rooted Android devices. With other devices, remote viewing is possible. Best regards, Domen Vidmar, ISL Online Team

François from TSR Concept

Using ISlRemote daily

Pros

Very easy to use, simple to install, easy to remotely control a new computer using "invite". Isl light is also available for installation on remote computer for unattended control and on local computer so you don't have to login on a web page but juste start a local software.

Cons

Only information available is a complete description about the remote computer (CPU, ram, processes and so on) and lats connection time. Impossible to know how many time spend remotely by computer or by group on a period of time. Impossible to know wich computer have been accessed last month. Impossible to share a session like with TeamViewer ou AnyDesk. An the local app crashes after a while.

Stéphane from PRESTACLIC

Our use

Pros

It is very simple and efficient. We can use it on every machine (PC/Mac/Mobile/Tablet)

Cons

We can't create an external user with the capacity of open remote

Because of it's simplicity

The price

Response from ISL Online

Replied January 2021

Stephane, thank you for your review! Would you please explain more in detail what exactly do you mean with "We can't create an external user with the capacity of open remote". We may be able to help with that.

Martial from ACCESS GROUP

Industry: Information Services

My Review

Pros

Very Quickly and simple for our customer

Cons

Multiuser management and shared AlwaysOn Connection

Pricing and functionnality

Pricing and functionnality

Javier from SARBELUC ATIC

We give remote assistance and it is essential that it works well, especially reboots

Pros

Always works correctly. We can almost always connect with customers.

Cons

The time it takes to connect could be improved

By price and by the reboots of the computers

By price and by the reboots of the computers

Response from ISL Online

Replied August 2019

Javier, thank you for your review. The time it takes to connect can depend on a number of reasons. If connecting takes a long time, this could indicate a network issue. If possible, we invite you to visit our live chat so we can check the connection speed and improve your experience.

Alessio from Achab

The most secure and stable remote connection sofware

Pros

It's very easy to use and to configure. You have the integration of this software on your portal You can use it also on smarthphone. Above all it hasn't reported any data security flaws

Cons

The grafical interface should be improved in terms of modernity, but it's a detail

Stef from WIZZ software en service

Great product and great support (lot's of extras)

Remote support to users on Windows platform. Users are working on different version of Windows (like: 7, 8, 10 and some server editions too).

Pros

Most important of course is that ISL Light delivers the goods when it's about remote support. I've looked at multiple other products (after deciding to leave Teamviewer) to find a solution that fits my requirements. One of them is remote support to individual Windows users on a virtual Windows Server. ISL Always On basically is the only product that could do this easily. Also many other products have different products (or subscriptions) for attended and unattended support. With ISL you get ISL Light (attended) and ISL Always On (unattended) and all for a very good price.

Cons

You only get one concurrent session with each licence. This might be just not as flexible as you would like. You can however add an option to allow multi-sessions. You have to pay a little extra though. It would be nice to have a list of users that previously asked for support so you don't need a sessioncode to get connected. Than again it might be more secure this way.

Markus from Horst Klaes GmbH & Co. KG

Powerful tool with the possibilty to install it on our server

Pros

On prem installation, easy to use and full-featured

Cons

Integration with Solarwinds Remote Management is highly desired

Marko from Prana 3stil, d.o.o.

Easy to use, great to work with

Pros

In 20 years in IT I have tested a lot of remote support applications. But I found that ISL Light is the best of them to use and recomend. Also customers find it easy to run and recive support from our team.

Cons

The only option I miss is SMS notification with support code so it would be able to connect one-time later if you dont want to install ISL always on.

Better price / performance / user friendly ratio

jason from Woodbank Office Solutions

Industry: Printing

ISOline

Pros

The ease of the software, for the End users, make remote access so easy

Cons

on some PC the speed of the download of the client software (but is most likely there networks) if there was a way to connect to these user without the need for a download would be great

Martin from Safetica

Easy to use remote desktop tool

Pros

It's easy to use. We at the customer support department can create a list of our customers' computers and remotely connect whenever needed. It's also easy to use from the other side that we just send a link or tell a code to join the session. We like that you can have more simultaneous sessions and invite another operator to join you if needed.

Cons

Sometimes when there are more desktops or higher resolution, the remote desktop could be harder to read.

Reasons for Switching to ISL Light

TeamViewer licensing policy making you purchase a license for every new version release.

Richard from GageSoft LLC

Nice set of features for a fair price

Pros

I found ISL Light easy to setup and use. The ability to distribute the ISL Light client with your application makes it easier for clients to get ready for a support session. Having access to support, webinar, and remote login through a single portal and included as part of the package is great.

Cons

My least favorite functionality are the steps required to copy files to/from a clients system during remote support. It is not difficult but requires a few more steps than some remote support software I've used which allow simple drag and drop to transfer files.

Response from ISL Online

Replied February 2021

Dear Richard, thank you for your review! As regards the file transfer, this might be of your interest: The newest ISL Light version, which was released yesterday, added support for our new File Manager functionality. This functionality will allow you to simply transfer files between the local and remote computer by drag and dropping files in a simple-to-use graphical interface. Currently, the File Manager functionality is available for ISL AlwaysOn connections, as well as on-demand sessions where the remote client is a Linux or macOS machine. For on-demand connections with Windows remote machines, by default, this functionality is not available. However, if you would require this functionality in such a session, it is possible to instruct the client to download the ISL Light application instead of the ISL Light Client, then in the ISL Light application choose Options -> Join and join the session this way. Then, the File Manager functionality will be available in this session as well.

Marjan from AJPES

ISL Light during coronavirus lockdown

We have been using ISL Light to support AJPES users for many years. At the time of the coronavirus lockdown, system administrators had to quickly establish new VPN connections for most employees from their laptops or home computers, requiring additional ISL licenses for a short time. Provisional licenses were provided to us by the service provider immediately upon the first phone call, without additional payment and administration, for which we thank them very much. It's nice to know that you can count on a business partner when you need him.

Pros

Easy to use Support in Slovene language

Reasons for Choosing ISL Light

Easy to use, all the necessary functionality

Jim from Ayooda.Com Ltd

Remote Support

IT Support for clients - been using for over 5 yrs and very happy with it. Some improvements in certain functions would be useful

Pros

Reliability, secure, fast, professional branding, easy to use

Cons

Occasionally issues with copy and pasting, file transfer is confusing to use, remote logging in to Macs is confusing for user on the other end

Response from ISL Online

Replied February 2021

Hi Jim, we would like to let you know that the newest ISL Light version added support for our new File Manager functionality. This functionality will allow you to simply transfer files between the local and remote computer by drag and dropping files in a simple-to-use graphical interface. Currently, the File Manager functionality is available for ISL AlwaysOn connections, as well as on-demand sessions where the remote client is a Linux or macOS machine. For on-demand connections with Windows remote machines, by default, this functionality is not available. However, if you would require this functionality in such a session, it is possible to instruct the client to download the ISL Light application instead of the ISL Light Client, then in the ISL Light application choose Options -> Join and join the session this way. Then, the File Manager functionality will be available in this session as well.

Mark from Hotech Ltd

So Glad I Switched To ISL

Always works as expected

Pros

The features, the reliability, and the price

Cons

Ease of setting up WOL, more columns to show more data in computer list view

Price and ease of use

Reasons for Switching to ISL Light

Way too expensive and unreliable

Johan from PC Consultance

Industry: Computer Networking

ISL is a proper tool for IT professionals / consultants to support their clients

We actually resell the product besides using it for ourselves. I still believe its a good piece of software, support is good and the dutch distributor DCC is very friendly and gained a lot of knowledge about the products of ISL. Way better product then Teamviewer although i keep on waiting for a better experience with mac.....

Pros

To be able to log in remotely without manual inteference from the client. Support reacts with knowledge and content. (no auto-message nonsense) The mobile app to give emergency support from a tablet/phone

Cons

With mac clients there is no easy way to run the software from the desktop with an icon. Your client needs to download the software, run it and give consent, accept a securitywarning etc.. before you can actually take control of the remote PC / Mac

Response from ISL Online

Replied February 2019

Hello, thank you for your review! I'm sorry to hear the experience with ISL software on a Mac computer is proving to be difficult. I have raised this issue with our team and we will look into ways of improving this functionality. Let me know if you will have any further questions or issues! Best regards, Domen Vidmar ISL Online Team

Mark from PC2IT Ltd

Continued improvements

Very positive for myself and simple for end users too...

Pros

It really does do what it says 'on the tin'....I have used this product for several years and find it invaluable for supporting SME clients around the South of England, but I know I could equally easily deploy it to users anywhere... I also love the fact that the development team are continually coming up with extra features.

Cons

None that I have discovered...it really is easy & intuitive..

Reasons for Choosing ISL Light

Still prefer the functionality of ISL

JanDirk from ONE a HELP Computerdiensten

Excelent product for remote support

Pros

I like the Cost- and the ease of use of this tool. I started with using the prepaid version and later on used the subscription, the change to the latter product was seamless, Excellent.

Cons

I could not find a way to create useage reports, to be able to easily create the bills to my endcustomers for the support they got

Reasons for Choosing ISL Light

For me the price and the possibility to use it as a prepaid option were critical at the time that I decided to use this tool.

Stuart from SME-UK Limited

Excellent Product

Having tried many other remote products finding one that has all the features I required and delivering them at such a competitive price was a natural winner for me.

Pros

Ease of use, easy to manage and deploy, being able to respond to any situation on any device to any device in a timely manner is awesome.

Cons

nothing, the product is excellent, some minor wishes for the mobile app but nothing seriously upsetting

Reasons for Choosing ISL Light

Better product with full suite of tools and a much better price

some years ago

David from ScholarTech ICT Services ltd

Computer and mobile

Overall I dont even think about, its just there and works!

Pros

The web interface gives an easy overview of my access to anytime servers. The mobile app means I can check on everything while on the move, and even login.

Cons

Sending a connection link to clients can be a bit clunky, and there are a few too many Yes, I Agree, Are you sure of options for end-users to trip over. but others are just as bad, to be honest.

Reasons for Switching to ISL Light

Team Viewer was just to slow to start.

Jan from JASA AUTOMATION

My customers like ISL

Pros

What I most like about this software: it can take admin ownership on the fly...

Cons

I have a lot of pc's controlled by my central interface. It should be able to delegate an account to a subset (group of pc's) ... Example : the local it-manager of one of my clients should be able to access 'his' machines where I installed Always On without seeing my other clients machines...

Reasons for Switching to ISL Light

Too expensive for my interrupted use...

Robert from Agencija Znajdi se d.o.o.

Frequent user

We are serving our customers with additional services due to remote desktop usage.

Pros

It works well, quite reliable and support is outstanding.

Cons

It lacks some features - for example - double screen comes in one big windows (instead of two seperate).

Pricing (at the time)

leonardo from leo's computer srl

Easy client assistance

It is very simple to use, both with direct invite or from mails. Also the transfer mode between operators it is simple

Pros

easy to use and implement in our support interface

Cons

we are using this platform for assistance from a lot of years and we find this suite very stable and compatible with all the customer platform. Also ISL always on is very important were we don't need to expose one server in RDP mode. We suggest to test and buy these produts

Paul from W. Clifford Watts Limited

Remote Desktop Software

Business efficiency and backup was the main aim which has been achieved.

Pros

Using ISL Light to 1. Assist with remote junior members of staff when they have issues with software. Thereby explain and/or giving training to allow them to complete tasks. 2. Accessing remote unmanned computers to obtain data integrity and backup as and when required.

Cons

Web Conference can only be accessed via the web portal. Also the screen appears to be too small and is only practical if you have two screens.

Price and recommendation

Price

Bruce from Patient Computer Help, Inc.

The right product at the right time

Very helpful customer service people. I wish I remembered the name of the first guy I spoke with.

Pros

I find it's easy for my usually-non-computer-literate clients to connect to me when needed. They can follow the directions and get me connected. I discovered this just as COVID was causing my business to switch to a remote-support model. I was not happy with the alternatives. I like that there's a big blinking arrow telling the client where to click.

Cons

I got a bit confused about how to make the unattended-access feature work, but I'll get back to that.

Reasons for Choosing ISL Light

My business is 50/50 Mac and Windows. I have an RMM installed on my clients that handles remote work. But I needed something for NEW clients, those that call and I haven't touched their computers yet.

Easier for client

NIk from Unistar

Good review

Good support, good software

Pros

Ease of use even with customers that don't have a good computer knowledge

Cons

a bit of delay on top bar when the connection drops (i am wondering if the connection is poor and after 3 seconds the top bar falls to 40%)

Reasons for Choosing ISL Light

SImple to use, modern design, good support

Reasons for Switching to ISL Light

Good deal, a friend recommended

Olivier from IMMERSIVE FACTORY

ISL ONE

We use ISL ONLINE to help our clients remotely after they have installed our virtual reality training exercices. Thanks to ISL ONLINE they can contact use directly thru our website which makes our support very professional.

Pros

Very easy to deploy and to use. On top of that it does offer not only remote control within the same tool , for the same price, but also online chat which is very useful for us.

Cons

There is no real cons with ISL ONLINE. We have been very satisfied by both the product and the support provided.

Professional and affordable..

it does what it is designed for

We gladly help the customer as quickly as possible by watching them, and so solve their problems immediately and quickly. No matter what internet connection they have, or how fast the PC is. We have found a solution in ISL that can be started easily and quickly also by less useful users. We have been working for years with ISL (on-prem) and had never problems with it.

Pros

quick, simple, it does what it has to do. picking up after restarting, logging off / logging in works very well

Cons

The only thing we missed in ISL Light is the option to disable using keyboard or mouse on the client side. Really super frustrating when people want to click themselves.

Response from ISL Online

Replied February 2019

Hello, thank you for your review! We have a feature request ticket open for this functionality, the ID for this ticket is REQ-234. I have added a comment to this ticket, raising it's priority for development! Thank you for your suggestion! Best regards, Domen Vidmar ISL Online Team

Reginald from Mais Automatisering N.V.

Industry: Industrial Automation

Perfect tool for our customer support !

Also the easy way to use it on devices with (many) other OS platforms is for us a big PLUS ! The customatisation (f.e. with our LOGO + Technician Name) of the interface is a nice AND easy thing, together with the selfstarting video-recording is a great advantage. In this way we can please our customers -on a simple demand- with a video so they can replay the session and see what was done / altered to their system/device settings later-on when the stressed situation is all over.

Pros

The auto-reconnect function in a remote session, after a remote (network-) reboot was done, is for us one of the major reasons to choose for ISL online ! We've been using this for some years now and will stay to do so !

Cons

No real contras encountered so far … We found a bug once, reported it to ISL; they loocked into it in a live session with us, and things got solved , so ... that's what counts !

Ed from Legal Accounts

Reliability

Having used ISL Light Remote for a number of years, I would be lost without it and is an essential part of our business.

Pros

A very reliable product that is easy to use

Cons

Occasionally I sometimes struggle to transfer a document from the PC I am remotely logged into, back to my own computer but it is very occasional.

Yves from Vircom Inc.

Happy with ISL Online

Happy, affordable, does the job and only that job (remote access). Convenient. All I want is something that gets the job done and this qualifies.

Pros

Inexpensive compared to the competition. We were using logmein Rescue at the time and when they changed their pricing policies and started jacking up prices, we started shopping around for other solutions. ISL Online does the job well. We use ISL to service our clients who run our Email Security platform for troubleshooting purposes and so far we've never had any outages or issues with this remote access tool. Have been using it for over 5 years.

Cons

It's not as "Snappy" as Logmein Rescue but you can't have everything. However have tried other emergency remote access tools and they are pretty similar in terms of responsiveness.