• icon"The share software and hardware is become effective , easy to use."
  • icon"The product is very easy to install and use. It is reliable to access and requires very little maintenance."
  • icon"My first connect was eventually successful with the help of help desk chat."
  • icon"Compared to teamviewer and go to assist, this software is slightly slow and lags a bit."
  • icon"Literally a crap shoot what starts not working first. Often have to either restart Remote PC, the connected computer, or the computer I'm connected from."
  • icon"No setting to scale the window. Did I say HORRIBLY UNSTABLE CONNECTION."

Browse all RemotePC Reviews

• Have you used RemotePC and would like to share your experience with others?

Stuart

Company size: 51 - 200 employees

June 2022

Great product at great price.

Honey

Industry: Writing and Editing

November 2022

RemotePC Gave Me Freedom!

For me, RemotePC is a great solution when I'm away from home and need to work, but also need to be able to access information, files or other programs stored on a computer at home.

Pros

I work from home, running my own freelance writing business, and I primarily use a desktop computer. Whenever I traveled to visit family, I was able to continue working on my laptop, but I often needed files, images or other information that was only on my desktop. I did some research and found RemotePC and decided to try it. I really liked that it was easy to set up and use, even for non-techies. It gave me reliable access to everything on my desktop computer at home, but with the freedom and mobility of using my laptop when I traveled.

Cons

I honestly can't think of anything negative...every experience I had with the software went smoothly, and it always worked when I needed to use it. I never even needed to contact support, but it's there if you ever need it.

Bridget

November 2022

Moved to RemotePC from another remote service, so HAPPY that I made the move!

RemotePC has made working remote so easy. Due to high costs of the previous product that I used, I was unable to access all of the computers that I really needed to. Now I am able to access all of the computers without having to pay additional subscriptions. I wish that I had known about it sooner.

Pros

So easy to set up. It took just a couple of minutes to sign up and add a computer. Adding additional computers just took a few minutes as well. RemotePC is so easy to use. It has all the functionality that I was accustom to from another well known product. The competitive pricing is also a great plus!

Cons

I have yet to find anything that I am unhappy with. If in the future I find something, I will be happy to update my review to reflect my findings.

Reasons for switching to RemotePC

Cost and needing more flexibility for the number of computers that could be accessed.

Rob

October 2022

Mediocre support and continuous issues

My overall experience using the tool when not running into any issues is alright, if everything was working and going to plan i was able to work as intended. Unfortunately, this is a rare occurrence for me personally. Due to the lack of EU support, we have had to wait days for an issue to get solved, sometimes even to not get an answer back till we contact support back ourselves. Because of this support and the continuous number of issues we have run into we, at the current state of the product, would not recommend it to businesses planning on using it in the EU region. I feel like the product would be a lot more useable if you have the phone support the US region does, this is why i recommend getting an EU line.

Pros

What i like about the software is the availability is has, you are technically able to do anything you have to be able to do in a remote session to be able to work normally in a remote session like; printing, file transfer and the fact you are able to launch certain apps only through RDP Connector.

Cons

What i currently do not like about RemotePC is the lack of support for people in the EU region and the number of issues we have run into. The support for people in the EU region is slim to none, the chat support is great, but they are only 1st line and are not able to perform any actual support actions other than tell you where you can get help, help you with FAQ and check the status on your support tickets. The actual support (via email and phone) is poor. We have only an hour a day where we can get proper support via phone and even then, we usually end up getting forwarded and told to wait a few business days before an issue can be resolved and that we should check our email through the week. This has cost us a lot of time and because of this we have not been able to finish the work for a client for nearly a month now. The email replies are a lot of time very minimal and sometimes we dont even get a response back for days or at all, we ask support again and get told to wait a few more days and give the team some more time. As an IT provider this is unacceptable and can cause for a loss of clients, this also causes for a company to look into other alternatives to this product. Therefore, my biggest suggestion for RemotePC is a support line for Europe or a general 5 day 24 hours a day call line.

Reasons for choosing RemotePC

We ended up choosing RemotePC because the trial we did felt good and had all the actions we needed to supply this program to our clients. But because of the number of issues we have been having we are now in doubt of said decision again.

Reasons for switching to RemotePC

Mainly the price of the product, splashtop is a lot more expensive than RemotePC.

Response from IDrive

Hi, thanks for the review. Please get in touch with our support team so we can see if we can get this working properly for you. idrive.com/support

Replied October 2022

Meghan

August 2022

CPA using RemotePC with Clients

I have had a pleasant experience with RemotePC. It meets all my needs and I am happy I chose this option.

Pros

I like how easy this product is to use. I like how easy it was to set up and gain access to the computers I need access to.

Cons

I wish it was easier to downgrade plans without having to set up a new login. I tried out the free trial but did not need that large of a plan to start off our small firm with. When I went to purchase the plan I had to set up a new login with a different email to be able to get the plan I needed because it was only giving me the options for the 2 large business plans.

Reasons for choosing RemotePC

The pricing and options of RemotePC was better for what I needed

Reasons for switching to RemotePC

I wanted a better option.

Darren

September 2022

It Just Works!

Pros

Good File Transfer and Performance viewing. Quick connection to remote machines.

Cons

None that I can think of in all the years of using it. It's all satisfactory for my simple use.

Reasons for switching to RemotePC

Cost of TV was getting too high. Also, multiple troublesome incorrect "flagging" of software (saying it was for commercial use).

September 2022

RemotePC for the win!

Operating a retail business, we use RemotePC on each of our point of sale registers to quickly troubleshoot problems and reduce downtime/inconvenience for our customers.

Pros

RemotePC seamlessly integrates with our day to day operations. It's user friendly, efficient and quick to log-in, troubleshoot directly with our team using the built-in chat function and transfer files quickly to get us back up and running in no time!

Cons

To date, I have very little that I don't like about the software. My minor negative comment would be a better demo video showing the setup process.

Reasons for choosing RemotePC

Chose RemotePC due to being user friendly and lower cost than the alternative.

Louise

Industry: Chemicals

Excellent product

Very good - am extremely pleased with their service and the product - used to use gotomypc which overnight went up 10 times in price and was nowhere near such a good product

Pros

Pros - inexpensive especially for a small user. Easy to use - I have two screens and it is easy to sign in and operate both screens

Cons

The initial downloading as I wanted a shortcut so I could just enter in a password but found that quite difficult to work out how to do.

Reasons for switching to RemotePC

The price went sky high for what I was looking to use it for - not as easy to navigate around either

Kelly

Industry: Maritime

New to RemotePC - Awesome

As someone who has always used TeamViewer, I really loved my experience with Remote PC and the ease of use. The only downside was having to pay when I had a free version of TeamViewer

Pros

I love how easy it was to connect remotely to my accountant's office

Cons

So far there is nothing that I find to be not good

Reasons for choosing RemotePC

Required by my accountant's office

Reasons for switching to RemotePC

My accountant's office uses RemotePC so it was a switch that was required

Eddie

October 2022

Excellent and Affordable Remote Access!

I’ve been extremely pleased with RemotePC overall. It is very easy to deploy and use.

Pros

RemotePC checks a lot of boxes. It is very easy to install and use, reliable, fast, and very reasonably priced.

Cons

No Linux client yet. But I can understand the limited use case for this.

Price, reliability.

Brigitte

Brilliant Remote PC App

I was sceptical at first, being a new product, and different from the one I used before, but I got used to it quite quickly (still am) and I'm very happy now

Pros

The ability to remote in from my home PC into my work PC and download backups and documents with efficiency and ease

Cons

It does lag a big now and then, but that might be my ISP so I can't blame that on RemotePC

Reasons for choosing RemotePC

The price was the best, and as a small business, we have to look at cost

Reasons for switching to RemotePC

I had to purchase Anydesk and it was too expensive

Industry: Food Production

May 2022

Full featured and cost effective solution to remote access.

A totally satisfied customer who rates this software as essential, reliable and simple.

Pros

Pricing is realistically based rather than 'have you over a barrel' prices from other solutions. Definitely a lot of features for the price, easy to install and straightforward to use. This puts many other solutions that cost 3 times the price to shame. Excellent product!

Cons

Honestly, it is hard to fault. I run this software on linux, windows and mac systems but one tiny thing I haven't managed to do yet is complete the installation without errors on an old Linux system. I think the system is up to date but I am still struggling. However, I have successfully installed it 1st time on another identical Linux system so I think the problem lies at my end rather than the software. No problems installing on several windows machines and macs though.

Reasons for choosing RemotePC

More features, better mobile interface, better desktop interface, better user experience and file transfers.

Reasons for switching to RemotePC

Teamviewer is a rip off and there autorenewal system is outrageous. Minimum 28 days notice is required or they bill you for a FULL YEAR! Dodgy tactics from that company and eye-watering prices. Customer service was appalling too.

Darrell

April 2022

Great service for accessing client machines remotely!

Had been looking for a more cost effective alternative for accessing my clients' computers remotely. RemotePC is helping me do just that, and just as effectively in regards to accomplishing my goal(s) in that department, as well as with a lower price per year for the same type of service received from competing companies!

Pros

Software easy to install, link to your account on client machines. Also like how cloud backup is integrated into the web panel, can be easily implemented into your setup. Access speed more than acceptable for remote access, speed comparative to being on the machine itself!

Cons

Only issue/con regarding the software is that client software had to be installed twice on just one computer before being registered on the web panel. Fine after 2nd install, no others gave negative response. Will not call this a RemotePC issue, as some settings were changed on the computer between 1st and 2nd install that may have been root cause...

Reasons for choosing RemotePC

Price was the main reason; even with first year intro AND yearly fee afterwards, it is still a very acceptable fee yearly, in comparison to competing services (including the one I migrated from).

Price.

Cheryl

Great product for remote access

I have been using Remote PC for two years now. It was a Godsend when I needed to figure out how to remotely access my first client. Especially in this day of COVID, everyone needs to be able to remotely access a computer.

Pros

It is a wonderful product and the price can't be beat. We also use this product at my workplace. It is wonderful that I can copy documents from one computer to another. Before this feature, I was having to email documents from one computer and then access them through email on the other. I also like that I can have multiple clients on my computer.

Cons

The only thing I don't like about RemotePC is that the screen of the remote computer is very small and hard to see.

Reasons for switching to RemotePC

I got a new computer and it did not let me access TeamViewer on my new computer. Now I'm glad it didn't or I never would have tried RemotePC. It is better than TeamViewer and much less expensive.

RemotePC - Solid, fast, easy to implement

Pros

I used the product several years ago, and it was good, but now it is excellent! It is very fast, easy to install, reliable, and the screens are well-designed and intuitive. Remote functions, file transfer, printing - all very solid.

Cons

I had trouble accessing the newer "performance" version on one system. I believe the fault was with a virus protection software. It only took a few minutes with tech support (whom I was able to reach quickly) to resolve the issue.

Reasons for switching to RemotePC

Teamviewer began as an expensive life-time license, but then they forced you to switch to an annual fee if you want to continue to get updates. Very unethical and unfair.

I'm coming back! Whoa. Teamviewer is not for me.

I didn't appreciate them and switched to Teamviewer and it was the worst experience EVER. There's no way the Teamviewer reviews are real.

Pros

It is solid, affordable, they are a decent organization.

Cons

Sometimes it seems hard for my clients to use, but I'm going to figure that out.

Reasons for choosing RemotePC

Because they are honest and the value for dollar is great.

Reasons for switching to RemotePC

Abusive support at teamviewer. They REFUSED to cancel my license and give me my money back. So I have to dispute transaction with PayPal.

Adrian

June 2022

A great tool

In general it has been great! Easy to use, easy to configure and easy to follow up. Also is very cheap and offers a lot of stuff to make your remote working even better

Pros

Is very easy to start using this tool, you don't need to be an IT expert (even your user don't need to)

Cons

Sometimes there is lag on the connection, and from time to time the screen just get black, so you have to close and open the software again (from the controller PC), but it happens rarely

Reasons for choosing RemotePC

Because the price, the software is not as bigger as others in therms of MB, and is very easy to use

Reasons for switching to RemotePC

Google only offer 30 min connection, after that you are obligated to clic if you want to continue using. We can afford to monitor and clic each 30 min

Kevin

Remote working made possible for everyone

In the short time that we had to switch our co-workers to allow them to work remotely at home, RemotePC really became a clutch tool since we were able to deploy it fast, and also because it had such a low learning curve, people who wasn't so computer savvy were able to work seemlessly.

Pros

We were pleasantly surprised on how easy it was to deploy this software to all of our users when we had to switch to a remotely operated work environment. Even people who weren't pro computer users, were able to easily login and start controlling their work PCs at home.

Cons

If there was a drawback, I would say the speed, but this is the problem with all remote desktop softwares. With RemotePC, you can at lease control it in a way so that you can slightly reduce the visual quality if you need the boost of speed.

Reasons for switching to RemotePC

TeamViewer also works great, but the cost was way too high for our use.

Joseph