All TeamViewer Reviews

Give Support , Get support

Vincent

Security and Investigations, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed October 2022

Remote assistance, No limits!

TeamViewer is a great choice for IT professionals, mainly in the service delivery and support fields. I do not see myself looking at other remote tools in the near future.

PROS

I have not had any issues with installation on all the devices we set up. Easy to connect to remote machines as long as the internet is stable. You can have multiple containers for multiple branches and the file transfer is seamless.

CONS

I do not like the fact that there are times you cannot connect to a device two versions before the control machine. Some servers with legacy software cannot be upgraded and you will have to drive into the office.

Reasons for switching to TeamViewer

Remote support at the start of the pandemic made it apparent there was a lot that was lacking with AnyDesk

Hi Vincent, We are really pleased to know you have chosen TeamViewer for your remote access solution! Thank you for trusting TeamViewer as a powerful tool for helping you. TeamViewer is backward compatible but not upward compatible. This means that you can connect with your current version to devices that are running the same version as yours or older versions. Likewise, we would like to invite you to join TeamViewer Community https://community.teamviewer.com if you have any troubleshooting questions. We hope you enjoy using TeamViewer all the time! Hope to see you there in TeamViewer Community! Best, Ying/TeamViewer

Replied December 2022

Sadaharu

Telecommunications, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed August 2022

Easy remote application for getting started

In my job, I support marketing teams and designers in troubleshooting, but in the past, I used to give instructions over the phone while imagining the other party's situation. The two parties shared the same relationship. Still, mostly it was a job where "experience matters", but after introducing TeamViewer, anyone with some knowledge can support and do everything remotely. A case that used to take an hour to resolve a problem can now be completed in less than 10 minutes. This reduces stress in people on both sides and saves time and resources.

PROS

It can be started without any particular configuration of the target terminal. Since the connection can be initiated simply by making use of the "ID" and "password", it is possible to connect to work computers with a sense of speed. I mainly use it to connect to company computers when I work from home and need some material that I don't have stored in the cloud.

CONS

This depends on the specifications of the machine and the network environment of each machine, but the operation is slow and not comfortable to handle. Some people say it would have been faster if they had taken more time. If there is any part that can be improved on the software side, I would like to see it improved.

Reasons for switching to TeamViewer

There are many excellent functions in simple places. It can copy and paste correctly between different operating systems. Supports file uploading and downloading. Support screen reduction and enlargement. Can connect from other devices

Hello Sadaharu, Thank you for contributing the valuable time to share your unique remote access experience with TeamViewer! TeamViewer always aims to be the pioneer in the remote access solution. Helping many TeamViewer users like you to practice a cost-effective work style is also the pursuit we are moving towards. We are greatly appreciated to have your trust and support in choosing TeamViewer! Did you know that TeamViewer Community (https://community.teamviewer.com/English) welcomes worldwide users to join and share their questions and discussions together. We hope to see your participants too! See you there! Best, Ying/TeamViewer

Replied October 2022

Ivan

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed January 2024

Pervasive, but with reputation of predatory sales practices

It was good while it lasted, did not evolve as it should during its window of opportunity. Now we only find it in random customers, as what feels like a legacy remote access tool.

PROS

TeamViewer seems as old as remote support itself, it has always been there during my professional life in IT support, and it gained a lot of market share because it was one of the best remote access tools, with a $0 cost of entry for most users, which once used to it, would result in sales to larger customers. It was easy to setup, no cost of entry, and did the core functions well.

CONS

Over the years they started to get a reputation for predatory sales practices, and in my opinion, they lost an opportunity to evolve into something akin to SCCM or an MSP's main partner. We no longer renewed it and opted for Datto RMM for our MSP practices on smaller customers, and our largest customers also opted for other tools themselves.

Edmund

Computer Software, 2-10 employees

Reviewed December 2023

Anual renewal without warning

PROS

The product itself was useful. It was easy to use and practical. My only issue is with how the busines renews an anual lisence without reasonable warning to the the client. No email or indication that the client portal

CONS

CAUTION possible clients of Team Viewer.. I reveived no email notifications and there are no mention of auto renewal of the subscription on the client portal. Team Viewer will quietly renew your license and demand the full anual fee! When prompted regarding this they replied it is in the terms and conditions. This is unreasonable behavoir to demand a year payment when we did not want to use your product anymore! You are asking for payment for a SERVICE NOT WANTED

surya

Civil Engineering, 51-200 employees

Reviewed November 2023

TeamViewer

TeamViewer is very simple and user friendly software.

PROS

supports windows and mobile .very easy and comfortable to use everyone.

CONS

required strong internet connection for smooth working .

Reasons for switching to TeamViewer

More easy and comfortable to handle. speed is high.

Hi Surya, We are happy that you are enjoying TeamViewer's performance, cross-platform flexibility, and reliability. Wish you a great day and all the best. See you soon! Best, Ying/TeamViewer

Replied December 2023

Julian

Logistics and Supply Chain, 51-200 employees

Reviewed August 2023

An indispensable tool for remote support and collaboration

We use TeamViewer to help team members who experience a challenge when handling a common project. It saves time and enhances productivity because I can fix issues for another employee on their computer without having to be physically present. It is very efficient, especially when users have a stable internet connection.

PROS

I like TeamViewer because it connects with a remote device in seconds and gives you complete control of the other device. Sometimes I have to guide junior workers, and TeamViewer helps me do that conveniently from my office desk. The person on the other end can view what I am doing on their computer and learn every step of the process. It establishes a secure connection, and nobody else can access the system without authorization.

CONS

TeamViewer's performance is as good as your internet connection. Internet issues from one end affect performance and could be frustrating. We once experienced compatibility issues, but uninstalling and reinstalling TeamViewer solved the problem.

Reasons for switching to TeamViewer

TeamViewer seems more reliable and has more users. We believe it is popular for a reason.

Hi Julian, Thank you for taking the time to write a great review about TeamViewer! We are so thrilled to know that TeamViewer has become a powerful tool for you to remotely connect to others! We are also happy to know that you have chosen and trusted TeamViewer and you are enjoying TeamViewer's performance and reliability. To get to know more about TeamViewer, can we invite you to visit TeamViewer Community (https://community.teamviewer.com) for feedback sharing and join those open discussions with us please? We wish you a pleasant day and hope to see you there! Best, Ying/TeamViewer

Replied September 2023

Dave

Information Technology and Services, 1 employee

Reviewed August 2023

Watch that renewal deadline

PROS

I've been using the least expensive tier of TeamViewer for nearly five years ($600/year!). It has done everything I need of it.

CONS

I've occasionally run into issues where my 'free' use of it to interface with my ham radio-dedicated computer where they have deemed the action 'business' use and, despite my having a business license which I only use for my business, they would disable my access until I filed an appeal. This happened three times in two years. But most importantly, as I've begun the process of winding down my business, I missed the cancellation deadline of my license by two days and the company would not cut me any slack...charging me for another year despite my business officially closing well before that time.

Reason for choosing TeamViewer

I should have done more research.

Reasons for switching to TeamViewer

Their pricing structure jumped substantially without offering any new benefits.

Hi Dave, Thank you for sharing the review about TeamViewer and we are so sorry to hear about the poor experience with TeamViewer. In order to turn things around and help you with the best possible solution for your case, we encourage you to have a discussion with the TeamViewer Support Team and you can reach them via https://www.teamviewer.com/en-us/customer-support. We really hope that you will receive a satisfying outcome and enjoy the journey with TeamViewer continuously. Best, Ying/TeamViewer

Replied August 2023

abir

Professional Training & Coaching, 11-50 employees

Reviewed January 2024

One of the best remote desk software

TeamViewer is one of the best remote desk software with its multiple features and the friendly interface however, it is an expensive software

PROS

The friendly usage interface helps in the fluent use so I can concentrate on my work instead of trying to find a feature

CONS

The high price comparing to other remote desk software and sometimes the microphone stops from working

Vikas

Computer Software, 1 employee

Freelance

Good experience and easy to use remote use

PROS

Use team viewer to friend computer related problem solving very easy

CONS

Easy to use any laptop and desktop remote use

Osama

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 1 employee

Reviewed January 2024

The easiest remote control program

I used the program for a long time and did not find any problems using it

PROS

I can use it from anywhere in the world to control my device's desktop

CONS

The free trial that the program gives me

Hi Osama, Thank you for choosing TeamViewer for your remote access solution! We would like to invite you to join TeamViewer Community https://community.teamviewer.com if you have any trouble shooting questions. We hope you enjoy using TeamViewer all the time! Hope to see you there in the TeamViewer Community! Best, Ying/TeamViewer

Replied January 2024

Ashley

Medical Practice, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for less than 2 years

User friendly & efficient

I like the possibilities and simple use makes it easy for all ages.

PROS

I can access it on my computer and on the go, easy to use, and clear pictures of my team when doing meetings.

CONS

the internet connection can get messy at times so you have to have string connection

501-1,000 employees

Reviewed May 2019

The Big Hitter of Remote Connection Software

TeamViewer has been incredibly easy to use and has enabled the ICT department to provide a high level of support when responding to support queries. It has led to increased productivity as technicians no longer have to leave their desks for every support ticket and has cut down on response times helping us meet SLAs.

PROS

The TeamViewer application is very easy to install, with a host app being installed on client devices and the full application being installed on technician devices. Multiple devices can be saved for re-connection rather than typing in remote IDs several times. Once remotely connected, the screen can be locked to prevent remote users from interfering with a technician's actions. The screen can also be 'blanked' to the remote user if the technician needs to perform confidential actions (accessing hidden software shares, etc.). Files can be shared between connections, and there are voice/text capabilities to communicate with remote users.

CONS

There have been security concerns in the past year or so that have shaken confidence in the software, however TeamViewer have implemented several fixes to improve security and prevent malicious use (steps such as increasing remote ID length and patching software security holes) to remedy the situation. The pricing is not perhaps as competitive as we would have liked.

Reason for choosing TeamViewer

TeamViewer was chosen at the time as several within the ICT department had experience with using and deploying the application. It offered a high quality product compared to alternatives, and came with good brand recognition.

Thomas

Information Technology and Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed December 2019

Great software, easy on non-technical users

TeamViewer (for 99% of the time) is easy to setup, easy to configure, and easy to use for both myself and my clients. I've been a long term personal user of TeamViewer, and finally wanted to find a solution for work. TeamViewer pricing was kind of expensive, and found cheaper alternatives (AnyDesk). I tried AnyDesk because of its competitive pricing. However, I noticed that it has bugs in terms of requesting the remote computer for administrative credentials. It will just freeze in that screen. When I tried to email the support, they gave me an irresponsible reply, and never managed to fix the issue. At last, I gave up. And I went with the TeamViewer package. More expensive, but worths it.

PROS

Super easy to use, super easy to install. Latency is great, for most of the time, it's almost like using the computer locally. I can even play videos and does not feel slow.

CONS

There are times when it's slow though (with lots of clicks, movements, and keyboard hitting), but those are usually heavy tasks, and it'd be better off doing them locally anyway. Even though I'm doing personal stuff, it claims that I was doing work, and kicks me out of the session. Not sure how they managed to judge that.

Reason for choosing TeamViewer

AnyDesk is not achieving what I want, when I need to help my clients. Every time I need to request for admin privileges, I have to call them up and tell them to click "Yes" on that screen. That is pretty annoying for the client. There was one session I had to call my client 4 times on the phone. I could feel our client was a bit upset. They just wanted me to fix the computer.

Francisco Javier

Computer & Network Security, 2-10 employees

Reviewed July 2020

A great way to offer remote support

We are using teamviewer to support nearly 200 computers in several countries and the daily use it's really useful. The overall image quality is good and the integrated chat, options to update remotely, reboot, block remote enter, etc makes teamviewer a great support tool. Really advisable

PROS

If you manage a lot of computers (in my case around 200), its an invaluable solution. It let's you to organize computers in groups to easily access it in a dissatend way. The possibility to add a password to a common use PC it's really helpful. And the portable version TeamviewerQS gives you a great flexibility to help a sporadic customer. The installation is completely transparent to firewall so it's really easy to deploy

CONS

The support to android devices is a separate license. In my case, have 3 licenses to pc but would have only one license to android, because it's rarely used, but the licenses system of teamviewer require to have the same number to any system. So finally, we decide to not contract this part. The other cons happens with any equipment that have started the software with a non-administrative account because when an elevated privileges process occurs, the screen to introduce the password it's not seen on the teamviewer agent computer. It can be solved with a work-around starting the software with windows credentials type instead of teamviewer credentials, but it's annoying

Reasons for switching to TeamViewer

the easy installation through different networks. It doesn't need to open ports, or make a VPN

Matthew

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed November 2020

An Excellent Tool For Providing Remote Support

Overall TeamViewer is easy to use and convenient for working remotely or keeping in touch with colleagues via online meetings. I would recommend you give it a try.

PROS

With TeamViewer files are transferred quickly and privately. It is completely secure. Also, working remotely with TeamViewer is truly easy to do as you are provided remote access which enables you to monitor systems and networks remotely. Some devices that you can access and monitor remotely are Windows and Linux. In addition to remote access you can correspond with colleagues by having online meetings. TeamViewer also has a user friendly user interface. The easy installation and updates takes the stress out of dealing with a new software. Besides a PC , TeamViewer can be used on Android devices. This makes staying in touch on the go easier and more convenient. While other software might allow screen sharing TeamViewer allows you to not only share your screen but it also allows access to your entire PC. The drag and drop feature allows effortless file transfer from one system to another .

CONS

There are a few issues with sharing very large files but overall TeamViewer is a good choice for small businesses.

Reason for choosing TeamViewer

At the time more persons were familiar with TeamViewer.

Reasons for switching to TeamViewer

Easy to use free version and affordable paid version with premium features.

Alex

Construction, 51-200 employees

Reviewed July 2021

Excellent Remote Assistance Tool that also functions reliably as a remote work tool

Overall our experience with TeamViewer has been positive. We began using it as a remote assistance tool for our IT department, and when the COVID-19 crisis hit and we suddenly found ourselves needing to provide a number of our office staff with the ability to work remotely TeamViewer helped us seamlessly provide this ability with any major work on the part of our IT department. Over the 2+ years that we've been a paying customer with TeamViewer we have never had any major issues and will continue to do business with them into the foreseeable future.

PROS

Extremely easy to use at it's most basic levels. When I first started using TeamViewer it was for its quick and reliable ability to provide remote support to a user that only required them to install the program and then provide me with a user ID and password in order to connect with there computer. Our original user case was to access the laptops of employees that were operating outside of our comany's intranet, where we used VNC to provide remote assistance, but eventually we started deploying TeamViewer to all of our computers resulting in our IT team being able to provide assistance from anywhere, but also having a greater awareness of the state of our company's equipment. Thanks to the built in contact list and notes column we no longer need to keep a excel sheet contains all of the computer names, the user that uses the computer, and the software installed on it. Additionally it has made applying updates and ensuring malware protection on all of our devices is up to date extremely simple.

CONS

The one feature that I feel is most lacking from TeamViewer is a connection health indicator. I've had issues experience slow and unstable connections to TeamViewer and the software itself does not have any tools to help diagnose if the issue is between the remote computer and TeamViewer or the local computer and TeamViewer. Additionally when using TeamViewer with Windows servers occasionally there seems to be a issue where TeamViewer will freeze right after the Windows login page with a message about cannot capture screen due to fast switching users that can only be resolved by logging into the server through a different method and restarting TeamViewer. If you are planning on using TeamViewer as your sole source of server management then this might be a issue.

Reason for choosing TeamViewer

Originally we were looking for a tool more focused on remote assistance that a small number of users would have access to. The ease of deployment and the tools that TeamViewer provide seemed to be worth the cost over some of the cheaper competition. When the COVID-19 crisis hit our company's upper management paid to expanded our TeamViewer capacity since we found ourselves needing to quickly provide the ability to work from home and they did not wish to waste time setting up potentially cheaper software that we did not have a great deal of experience using.

Reasons for switching to TeamViewer

TeamViewer provides greater access to our company computers and the ability to function as a remote access tool in addition to a remote assistance tool.

Rizwan

Computer Software, 201-500 employees

Reviewed July 2022

TeamViewer user end

Many time i installed applications to other remote system during work while other user unable to knowing. I personally recommend it on the basis of experience.easy to handle with its functionality.

PROS

Yes, easily integrated with our business. We really to recommend it. One time credentials its uniqueness to quickly use or connect to other system.

CONS

As i noticed, it requires internet either installed in system or online version. It shouldnt be while installed version. In this way its easy to handle any time. Thats reason our company stucked if nets off.

Reason for choosing TeamViewer

I choosed it for one time installed id and password. U dont need again n again credentials.

Ilsa