All PayPal Reviews

PayPal Review

AUBREY L D

Financial Services, 51-200 employees

Reviewed November 2019

International payment system that stands as a gold standard

We now have a PayPal button on our website that indicates to clients that we accept PayPal payments and we now receive funds from everywhere. It is an easy to use wallet and you can make withdraws easily to your bank account or credit card.

PROS

It has provided us with the opportunity to receive funds instantly from our clients from all over the world. All this happens at the best lowest expense possible. The most important thing you can create and send invoices very easily to clients. We are also able to request payments from clients. The choice to differentiate between personal and business accounts, of which they are all free to open, makes it more client focused. PayPal exchange rates to other currencies are also good than other companies that rob from clients by manipulating currency exchange rates. Buyer protection is another best feature to prevent fraudulent sellers from scamming clients.

CONS

As much as paypal is making life simple and is helping building a global community, their introduction of fees when you are sending money to a friend across borders makes it unfair.

Reason for choosing PayPal

Paypal is global, works with many merchandisers, has good support team, they have good fees although they still need to reduce the fees, and it is simple to use.

Reasons for switching to PayPal

The skrill guys are fraudsters, they make fake promises and what they focus on is taking all your money out.

Roldan

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed October 2022

PayPal Never Change All These Years - Still Way Too Complicated To Use!

50-50. I mean, PayPal is very promising. If not only for there bad UX or bad user experience design. They really need to brush this thing up.

PROS

- Well, PayPal is an institution when it comes to online Payment System. So, I like it that they are there giving me options when all other options fail.- I was able to use PayPal personally and in business without much issue about security and othe disputes.- I was able to use it with my Website Projects, when clients needs a quick payment integration without much fuss on the buying side of things

CONS

- PayPal is still way too complicated to integrate with WordPress. There are times that you just need to enter email and password, and it gets integrated. Sometimes, it takes you a day or two to be able to do it.- Still not user friendly. Deskop and Mobile version needs UX Design revamp. The conversion between currencies in your account still confusing. Sometimes you fund appears as US Dollar, sometimes it appears as your native currency. - sandboxing dashboard and account pretty much looks like your active/live account. The only way you notice you are in a sandbox is when you see the domain says "sandbox.paypal.com". In contrast with Stripe, where it sends you a contrasting feedback that says "Testing Account" - you won't be able to miss it out.- Currency Conversion is NOT at par with the current market exchange rate! Sometimes, the exchange is two dollar short.

Reason for choosing PayPal

Because it was choosen by the client - not mine.

Reasons for switching to PayPal

Eitherway, it all depends on the client's liking. I recommend Paypal as it is the most commonly used gateway. But Stripe is a bit more easier to use and integrate.

Yolanda

Entertainment, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2024

PROS

They have sided with the buyer though they themselves admitted on here that they got their service and even tried to pay me a second time. THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR THIS!! I WILL NOT---WILL NOT---Pay the "outstanding balance"! You are asking me to pay $18 FEE TO THE CUSTOMER TO WHOM I HAVE ALREADY SERVED! And who has now screwed me out of that payment!! Seriously? And this is the second time this has happened to me on PayPal--This is not a safe place for me to do business! I need them to remove the "outstanding balance" because it is wholly UNJUST, or I will simply never use PayPal again. With Cashapp, and other ways to pay, PayPal is not preferred by many of my customers anyway! But this is f@cked up.

chaloem

Banking, 51-200 employees

Reviewed December 2023

PayPal online

PROS

Get the desired payment, in reality it will be better.

CONS

splendor Errors in use in various activities

Carly

Consumer Services, 1 employee

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed May 2023

Worst customer service and support ever experienced.

Absolutely the worst.

PROS

I have not had any benefits. The policies are vague, the support is misleading and dishonest, the customer service is amateur.

CONS

They closed my account after having received my first payment through my website.I called to find out why and they said someone would get back to be within 5 business days. Two weeks went by and they did not contact me. I called again and I was told they will not tell me why they closed my account and they will hold my money for a minimum of three months, which only then can I call to dispute access to my funds. I have no idea what went wrong and I'm extremely frustrated. I can't believe they run a business this way. They are not worth the risk... I have heard nightmare stories from other business owners who have used Paypal and have recently discovered many similar reviews on other sites. Use another company!

Reason for choosing PayPal

My website provider offered them. Seemed easy and simple at the time.

Martin

Internet, 1 employee

Reviewed August 2023

Probably the de facto payment system of most small businesses

My overall experience with PayPal is extremely positive. So far I've had no problems using PayPal as one of my payment providers

PROS

The huge range of features available for business owners. Customised invoices and receipts; fast payments; fraud detection.

CONS

It can be a bit overwhelming the first time setting up PayPal for a small business. Not knowing which is the best option to go for and how to set it up initially can take longer than you might expect from the adverts.

Reason for choosing PayPal

The fees Stripe charge, combined with the convoluted dispute process when settling a chargeback make using it unaffordable to a small business.

Computer Hardware, 1 employee

Reviewed August 2023

PayPal a secure and fast way to do all your online purchases.

Positive for the most part, since PayPal is known for its secure way of making purchase online.

PROS

Secure, fast and easy way to perform online purchases across so many online sites and vendors, for your business and personal needs

CONS

The lack of more customer support is missed, emailing support is not the best way to resolve transactional issues, where is much faster to speak to someone to resolve issues over the phone, then it is when you have to wait for an email reply from support.

Reason for choosing PayPal

No extra devices needed to use, other then a computer to place transactions.

Yelle

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Useful but undifferentiated

Overall I feel safe storing my info with PayPal and I trust them since they've been around for a while.

PROS

It's easy to pay and get paid with PayPal. I most like being able to store my information like my address and credit card for easy checkout from an online shop. I also like that I can pay someone's invoice by logging into PayPal.

CONS

PayPal used to be the only way to safely store your credit card and address online. These days there are so many other options like Google and Apple saving everything on your devices. I am trying to think about why I ever do use PayPal which leads me to think about whether it needs to differentiate itself in some way.

Reason for choosing PayPal

My company used to have it as an option where a client could pay us with PayPal but we removed this option so that we could have more of a streamlined experience with Stripe integrating with our Dubsado CRM.

REYNALYN

Business Supplies and Equipment, 2-10 employees

My experience with PayPal

My best option when it comes to international payments because of its availability.

PROS

User-friendly features and straight to the point.

CONS

The fees when it comes to conversion to my local currency are a bit expensive. But overall, it's a good app.

Reason for choosing PayPal

PayPal is a frequent option for online payments.

KAREN YULIETH

Individual & Family Services, 1 employee

Easy payments

Exceptional, wonderful, very easy to use and very safe

PROS

It is a platform that makes it easy for users to receive their payments in a safe and friendly manner without having to go anywhere other than their PC or mobile phone.

CONS

Customer service should be more immediate

Nadisha

Online Media, 1 employee

Used monthly for less than 12 months

Reviewed January 2024

Easy Transactions

My Experience overall with PayPal has been beautiful

PROS

I love the ease of processing Payments as well as receiving payments. I love that when there is a discrepancy with account it does not take long to receive assistance from an Agent

CONS

I wish they never held my first payment for 21 days and if I receive money over threshold they hold it

Irshad

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 1 employee

Reviewed May 2023

I am using PayPal past 2 years and it's perfect

PROS

Easy to use, all currency accept, fast payment processing app

CONS

Payment accepted very fast and transferred amount to bank in very low charges

Lisa

Civic & Social Organization, 1 employee

Reviewed November 2019

A well known site got even more user friendly!

I used to use PayPal when selling or buying items in eBay only. Now I use it for my freelance business to send invoices, receive money from clients immediately, and either hold it there in PayPal or move it to my bank account. With a PayPal ATM Card, PayPal is like having a separate savings account without the hassles if having to go to a bank to apply for an account. The privacy and safety measures in place are top notch, and the added features make this a perfect way to send and request money whether for business or personal reasons.

PROS

PayPal has come a long way. It’s always been the go to when selling online, but now it can be used to send and receive payments for anything! Linking directly to your bank account or holding the money for you with the add on of a PayPal ATM Card, it’s now made itself available at various retailers where you can pick up money anytime. Send a request for business services rendered or simply for a friend to pay half for dinner. Send money to purchase items or simply as a gift to someone. PayPal’s charges very reasonable amounts for immediate transactions or you can go the free way and wait a day for your money to be moved. With so many new features, PayPal is the new way to send and receive money immediately.

CONS

I can honestly say there isn’t much I don’t like about PayPal. As someone who does Freelance work for a living, I have yet to find a con with its services.

Reasons for switching to PayPal

PayPal has many more features than Venmo, is easier to use, and has built in safety and privacy services that Venmo can’t match.

Jacie

Retail, 1 employee

Reviewed December 2019

A-Lada Life Left also has A-Lada Time and money thanks to PayPal!

PayPal has helped me a lot sobmanage my finances and keep record of all transactions making it easy to duke taxes when the time comes, it is an incredibly simple financial tool that I have utilized numerous times as both a buyer and a seller.

PROS

The software is very simple and to the point t with tutorials to guide you every step of the way until you are ready to stop seeing them pop up once logging in, customer service is very friendly and most if not all issues I’ve had are resolved within 1 phone call.

CONS

The thing I am not too fond of is the customer service chat feature, most online chat services have an agent there ready for you it soon will, on PayPal you send a message and revived an automated message telling you that an agent should respond within the hour, I have very rarely had an actual active chat with a representative which in turn is very time consuming and draws the process out a very long while I usually will randomly log in at some point during my day and find responses to questions I had hours ago that I’ve already resolved on my own by that time, but as a mother of 4 ages in range from 1 to 11 and a one woman business operation based out of my home sometimes I just do not have a quiet enough environment for a business related phone conversation and a chat conversation is what is needed. My questions still get answered and they are very polite, I just wish there was an agent within 5 minutes or so ready to have a conversation rather than us basically doing the text equivalent of phone tag and leaving each other voicemails.

Reason for choosing PayPal

I enjoy the freedom and versatility of PayPal and the virtual wallet, it keeps things a lot neater during transactions

Jayson

Food & Beverages, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2020

the in and outs of paypal

The overall money saved and speed if PayPal's services are a more then welcome addition to any buisness . With so many solutions for sending and receiving money for goods and services PayPal is an overall very cleverly designed software and would recommend it to anybody.

PROS

the ability to make customizable invoices for pretty much anything is an amazing feature. yiu are ability set payment dates and reminders for your customers, comes in handy when yiu have many streams if revenue and sources. organization us key to success. You can also accept payments or make refunds in many different currencies and do this on your mobile,home or at the office with no process time. furthermore if you dont know they also have a money order service that allows you to send money any where in the world at very little cost. switching from the old services i was using for the restaurant to do all of this has saved $10k+ every year, cant get much better then that.

CONS

The ability to run a line if credit would be something that would improve overall value of PayPal's service. I would like to see some kind if reward system put in place for individual and buisness clients for frequent use, also the ability to use Bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies would be a good addition as as the days go one more and more people use them for there everyday spending/saving and investing opportunities.

Reasons for switching to PayPal

there costs were burying the businesses profitably on overhead and the amount of technical problems and the lack of incentive to fix or compensate a person or buisness for delayed payments or malfunctioning software was quite unsatisfactory at best.

Ross

Computer Software, 5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed April 2020

#1 solution for non-credit card payments

Robust payment solution for both personal and business use. Fast, secure and used widely across the US. Less popular in other countries and has issues with customer support, but overall this is still the industry standard for payments other than via credit cards.

PROS

I use PP for both personal and business purposes. Personal: 1. Extremely easy to use: simple interface, intuitive functions. 2. Send money to friends, receive money from friends - transferring money among people via PP has become as natural as finding information on Google. 3. Apps are very high quality, stable and reliable Business: 1. Payments collection: PP has a great reputation for use on websites that don't instill a lot of confidence. Which is basically any website that is not Amazon, Walmart and maybe a few others. My business falls into the category of "unknown", which automatically makes customers reluctant to pay with a credit card. PayPal is the way to go, about 60% of all transactions on my website are done via PP. 2. Invoice functionality is great - especially with the reminder feature. 3. Even for people who don't have PP, it offers an option to pay w/Credit Card through the PP interface. 4. Integrations with other services (besides Venmo) are great. For example, integration with Woocommerce / Wordpress. 5. The option of a credit/debit card is fantastic.

CONS

1. Customer support is terrible. Usually everything goes great, but if there's a problem - good luck trying to get it resolved. If Amazon is around 10 on the customer support scale, PP is closer to 2 or 3. 2. PP is not popular in other parts of the world besides the US, which makes it difficult to have business with other countries. For example, it would be almost impossible to pay an Easter Europe freelancer. 3. Business reporting is buggy. The reports seem to be disconnected from reality or just don't show the needed info. 4. Some features on the website are buggy or lacking, for example transactions search: you can't just search by a sub-string of a keyword. First, you need to select a category (first name, last name, email, etc), then you have to write the whole term. Unnecessarily cumbersome and so 2001. 5. Zero synergies from Venmo integration. You'd think that owning Venmo would make it easy to use the same login and other features across the two products. Wrong - those are still two separate services with no cross-integrations whatsoever.

1. More popular 2. Better business integrations

Tiffany

Luxury Goods & Jewelry, 1 employee

Reviewed January 2021

Prefer PayPal over any other online bank/money transfer software!

Overall, I love PayPal. I have recommended this product to literally everyone I know, and will continue to do so, and definitely continue using it, for both business and personal services.

PROS

I actually use PayPal for both personal and business accounts. Basically, they are the most full service software that I can find for everything I need from a bank. To me, they are way more than a bank or just a money transfer/pre-paid account. It's incredibly easy to use, from set up, to any added outside accounts, sending and transferring money to your account, and receiving money as well. Any money movement takes place in literally seconds. The fact that there is buyer and seller protection for purchasing online is fantastic. PayPal was actually what got me to start finally shipping online, because I trust the software.

CONS

The only thing I can think of is that it seems to be slightly difficult to remove websites/vendors from the automated payments processing. Sometimes it doesn't remove them. Also, I wish they sent warnings of payments about to be taken out.

Reason for choosing PayPal

I needed a product that actually works as a stand alone bank account, as well as a money transfer app

Reasons for switching to PayPal

I didn't like the fees for every single transaction with netspend. Plus the monthly fees, atm fees, just too many fees for crying out loud.

Crystal