With an enterprise resource planning (ERP) customer base of 172,000 businesses worldwide, SAP is among the top performing vendors in the ERP software industry.
SAP offers a wide range of ERP applications that include customer relationship management (CRM), financial management, human capital management (HCM), product life cycle management and supply chain management. It also offers business analytics tools to help businesses streamline their processes and be more competitive.
SAP ERP can be deployed both on-premise and in the cloud, and is suitable for large as well as small and midsize businesses (SMBs). It has a mobile app for both Android and iOS systems.
However, despite its popularity and plethora of features, SAP ERP isn’t for everyone. Some SAP competitors offer different or more specific features that may suit your small business better.
To help out small businesses like yours, we’ve compiled a list of the five most recommended alternatives to SAP. These solutions are highly recommended by real users in reviews on Software Advice.
Here are the top five recommended alternatives to SAP:
ePROMIS is a software suite that includes business management functionalities such as ERP, HCM and CRM. It offers modules on financial management, inventory management, distribution, supply chain, analytics, business intelligence (BI) reporting tools and customer relations.
ePROMIS can be deployed both on-premise and in the cloud. It has mobile apps for Android and iOS devices that allow users to capture and access information in real time.
ePROMIS is suitable for small, midsize and large businesses.
Other than the common features offered by most ERP solutions, the additional key features of ePROMIS include:
- Fleet management: Allows businesses to plan, control and manage the movement and storage of their goods across state and international boundaries.
- Event management: Helps businesses monitor the status of their processes (such as events or training programs) from end to end. The feature provides businesses visibility into various events that directly impact their suppliers, customers and distribution partners.
In the graphic below, we’ve analyzed user reviews of ePROMIS to understand which features work well and which aspects of the software need some improvements:
ERPAG provides a wide range of business management functionalities such as sales, accounting and finance, inventory management, manufacturing management and shipping management. Its major features include payroll, service management, user-access management, point of sale, barcode scanning as well as reporting and analytics.
Like Intacct, ERPAG can be deployed only in the cloud and offers Android and iOS mobile apps.
ERPAG is suitable for mainly small and midsize businesses.
Other than the common ERP software features, ERPAG also offers:
- Phone scanning: Allows users to scan items using the camera of their Android or iOS mobile devices. They can also do the usual barcode scanning while doing inventory management.
- eCommerce integration: Lets users seamlessly integrate with various eCommerce websites such as Magento, WooCommerce, Shopify, QuickBooks, Square and Stripe.
In the graphic below, we’ve analyzed user reviews to understand what they like about ERPAG and areas where they feel the solution could be improved:
ERPNext offers functionalities such as HR management, financial accounting, inventory management and project management. Its features include server management, upgrade management, priority support, configuration support, scalability support and bug fix guarantee.
ERPNext can be deployed both on-premise and in the cloud. Like the solution mentioned above, ERPNext offers mobile apps for Android and iOS systems, helping businesses manage their processes while on-the-go.
ERPNext is suitable for small and midsize businesses.
Other than the common features offered by most ERP solutions, ERPNext’s key features include:
- Website creation and design: Allows businesses to create websites on their own; it also helps them design their own product catalog and shopping cart.
- Gantt chart interface: Provides an overall view and status of the project’s execution, so that users can track the project progress in real time.
In the graphic below, we’ve analyzed user reviews of ERPNext to understand what users like and areas where they think it needs some improvements:
Intacct offers core financial management and other modules such as inventory management and order management. It’s not a full-fledged ERP system like SAP, ePROMIS or Priority Software, which offer a much wider range of functionalities such as HCM and CRM.
Intacct focuses on core accounting applications such as cash management, general ledger, accounts payable and accounts receivable. It has built-in reporting and dashboards, revenue management, project accounting as well as time and expense management.
Unlike the other solutions in this list, Intacct can be deployed only in the cloud. It offers Android and iOS mobile apps.
Intacct is suitable for mostly small and midsize businesses.
Apart from the common ERP software features, here are a few key features of Intacct:
- Depreciation tracking: Allows users to calculate the depreciation on their fixed assets based on different accounting methods and business models.
- 1099 reporting support: Offers 1099 reporting support to users—just like SAP. In the U.S., 1099-MISC reporting is used to report any payments for services provided to a business, such as payments to third-party subcontractors, by people who are its employees.
In the graphic below, we’ve analyzed user reviews to understand the things users like about Intacct as well as some aspects of the solution that need to be improved:
Priority Software is a business management solution that offers functionalities such as ERP, HCM and CRM. It works well for functions such as finance, manufacturing, logistics, human resources, time and attendance, warehouse management, business intelligence and project management.
Priority Software can be deployed both on-premise and in the cloud. Its mobile app works on both Android and iOS devices for access to real-time information.
Priority Software is suitable for small, midsize and large businesses.
In addition to the common ERP software features, here are some key features of Priority Software:
- Mobile application generator: Offers off-the-shelf mobile applications and various tools to create your own mobile app. The Mobile Application Generator tool allows businesses to build their own mini-workflows on their mobile devices, without having to write code.
- Comprehensive REST API integration: Supports and integrates a wide range of third-party applications, such as Pepperi, Practi and SphereWMS, with its REST API offering. REST API is supported by all major programming languages, such as Java and C#, and reduces the complexity of connector semantics, while simplifying any component implementation.
In the graphic below, we’ve analyzed user reviews to understand what they like about Priority Software, and areas that they feel can be improved:
When considering the best SAP alternative for your small business, carefully read the descriptions and features mentioned above. Check the deployment options, the targeted business sizes, mobile compatibility and user reviews before deciding which solution to purchase.
Get additional information, read more reviews and view screenshots on each solution’s individual profile page:
You can also compare other ERP software on Software Advice to better understand the features and pricing of different solutions that could work for your small business.
For more resources, check out our ERP FrontRunners quadrant to see the top-performing ERP products in the market. If you’re interested in getting personalized assistance, reach out to our helpful ERP advisors at (844) 680-2046 for a free phone consultation.