Browse Moz Local Reviews

Victoria from speMedia

Pros

First of all, the dashboard is quite easy to use and you get weekly reports, which is quite beneficial for tracking purposes. When we were first starting out with this product, we faced a few problems and the customer team was there to help all the way. In fact, all our queries were responded to almost immediately, and they always followed up afterward. When setting up, you will be required to answer a few questions. That way, getting started is very easy and as mentioned earlier, the dashboard is user-friendly. As a result, it’s easy to understand everything. As soon as the installation has been completed, you won't have to do anything else except watch for status updates.

Cons

Although installation is easy, it may take some time to get started. This is because some of the network updates may take literally forever before completion, and some never get updated at all.

Response from Moz

Replied September 2021

Hi Victoria! Thanks for the review. We're happy to know that you find Moz Local user-friendly and helpful with your listings management.

Ricardo from ClickSprout Media

Moz Local For Citation Building

My experience with Moz local is middle of the road. I don't mind using it but they really need to work on a better layout. It just seems outdated. I've seen way better dashboards for SEO tools.

Pros

I'ver been trusting the Moz brand now for over 7 years. I find their products and Whiteboard Fridays with Ran to be very useful when conducting keyword research and doing local citation building. I am a current ongoing customer of Moz Local and use it to help boost citations and local listings for my clients. In the past year they recently made changes to their dashboard and how you upload your business information. The portal used to be very confusing and had minimal field to fill out and submit. What I like now about moz local is being able to track my clients local SEO score and find NAP inconsistencies across well known aggregators and other trusted listing sites. They now have better options to upload images, content and reporting tools within ML to help track their progress.

Cons

What I do not like about ML is the layout and how you upload data and business information. I find Yext local white label for agencies with a big budget to be much better than ML however since MOZ focuses more on SEO and is known in the industry to be a good source of content, I stick to Moz local to help boost my local citations for my clients.

Pricing

Response from Moz

Replied February 2021

Thanks for your review, Ricardo! Exciting to have you with us for so many years! We're glad to know that you find Moz Local and Moz's content so helpful! I've shared your feedback on the layout and uploading with our team.

Paul from Fresco

Moz Local

Pros

Moz seemed like the cheaper option for SEO management, and for this is ended up being fairly effective.

Cons

I felt there was a little less transparency on Moz and the navigation was slightly more difficult.

Response from Moz

Replied January 2022

Thanks for the review, Paul!

December 2021

Mélissa from Hirica

December 2021

Nice tool but not my favorite

Nice tool but not my favorite

Pros

It gives nice and insightful information about key words and your SEO in general

Cons

Not enough information compared to other tools such as SEMRush

Response from Moz

Replied January 2022

We appreciate the review, Mélissa!

James from Ineffable Design

A good platform for the price.

It has been good. Nothing to write home about but good none the less.

Pros

The citation builder is the most important feature for me.

Cons

Lack of understanding of what you are signing up for. We have a different amount of citations for each location and if you put you don't serve people at your location expect 10-16 citations for the money you paid.

Reasons for Choosing Moz Local

Price

Price

Response from Moz

Replied July 2021

Thanks for your review, James. If you have any questions about Moz Local, feel free to reach out to our Help Team at help@moz.com.

Lauren from Wagner

Effective and efficient tool for your online business

Pros

We have used their premium package and greatly benefited from their local SEO tools, including local listings management. The listings alerts are super useful when getting notified about any edits to our local listings. We've also taken advantage of their reputation management tool to improve how the business is viewed online. Overall, we have gotten positive results using Moz Local.

Cons

Would be beneficial if we'd be able to respond to reviews directly from the dashboard.

Reasons for Choosing Moz Local

The analytics and reputation management tools were a couple of features that I wasn't getting with other comparable softwares.

Response from Moz

Replied March 2021

Hi Lauren, thank you very much for your great review and feedback on the review responses - I will pass it to the team for consideration!

Jane from Crash of Rhinos Painting

Great platform for listings management and SEO

Pros

I do in house marketing and create SEO strategies for the company I work for. Overall, Moz Local is my effective and efficient solution content marketing, link analysis, and SEO. The features I find the most valuable include: On-page SEO audit & recommendations Keyword research tool Moz toolbar Backlink analysis Competitive analysis Business listings management

Cons

Some keyword volume inconsistencies with other comparable tools and some business listings take months to update.

Samantha from Superior Stone and Cabinet Inc.

Fantastic platform for business listings management

Pros

When our company changed addresses, we used Moz Local. We've set up the dashboard and indicated that we changed addresses in the listings update tool. Moz Local saved us a lot of time by auto-updating all of our old listings quickly.

Cons

Steep learning curve for a beginner but once you get a hang of it, it will become easier to use.

Response from Moz

Replied March 2021

Thank you for leaving this great review, Samantha! We appreciate it and are happy to know it was such a time saver using Moz Local to update your listings.

Ariane from SixEstate

Great Mid-Tier Product

Pros

Moz Local lets you update business details throughout the year and pushes that information out to local data aggregators, making a website URL or business hour change pretty easy to roll out.

Cons

They are pretty limited in their range of available directories to choose from.

Response from Moz

Replied January 2021

Thank you for your review and feedback, Ariane. We'd love to know more about the directories you'd like to see included in Moz Local. Our Help Team is always listening and providing input to our product team. If you'd like to send us more feedback you can reach us at help@moz.com.

Sandra from Allbritten

Local SEO at your fingertips

Pros

With an easy to use dashboard and the MOZ toolbar, it offers a comprehensive number of tools such as SEO keyword generator, onside auditor and link analyzer. The keyword research tool stood out the most as it is the most vital tool. The software is pretty affordable comparing to its competitors.

Cons

Lack of data on keyword search volumes and some inconsistent keyword volumes that seem much lower than the ones reported within other keyword research tools.

Alfred from Self-employed

Industry: Writing and Editing

Commendable tool for SEO

As a content writer, I tried several SEO tools like SEMrush to do keyword research for my website and for my clients. But I switched to Moz pro when I realized it offers many SEO features like site crawl, link building, and competitors’ analysis. And the good thing is, it offers technical SEO training for those with little understanding of technical SEO. I used it to crawl my site and realized the issues affecting my website. I was able to improve the site performance and my rankings exploded in real-time.

Pros

The tool helps in the keyword research process, SEO audit, and competitors’ analysis for keyword ideas and more opportunities for link-building outreach.

Cons

I enjoyed all the features of this software. And because my understanding of technical SEO was little; I was overwhelmed with the kind of data is pulled. To understand the whole thing, you need to go for technical SEO training on their resource section.

Reasons for Switching to Moz Local

I wanted a tool that will help me perform keyword research as well as SEO audit for my site.

Response from Moz

Replied January 2022

Thanks for the review, Alfred. Fantastic to hear that you were successful in improving your site's performance and rankings. That's what we like to hear! PS. Just to note, looks like this review is under Moz Local instead of Moz Pro.

A great way to manage your local listings

All in all a very solid tool overall which could definitely be priced better.

Pros

The sync feature for your listings is a real-time saver. Review management in one dashboard and generation of charts and scores for most of the things make it really easy to go about managing stuff

Cons

In terms of pricing, it is a little on the higher side so no the best option if you are just getting started. The UI/UX of the platform is something I would like to see some improvement on but I totally understand that design can be subjective so maybe it's just me.

Response from Moz

Replied May 2021

Thanks for your review! We're happy to know you enjoy Moz Local. And thank you for the feedback on UI and pricing - we believe Moz Local is competitively priced considering the tools and features it provides.

Raluca from WPromote

One stop shop for all things Local

Pros

I love how simplistic the tool is and how easy it is to manage all your business citations into one place. Having the ability to quickly update NAP info and delete duplicate listings is definitely a time saver.

Cons

Some listings never get updated or take too long to update. But that’s an issue I’ve come across on other listing management tools.

Response from Moz

Replied September 2021

Thanks for your great review, Raluca!

Easy to use for keyword traffic

I have realized that this software is very useful for us.. because We can to search keyword traffic easily..

Pros

It's help me to search keyword traffic easily.Get insights to help for attract quality links..

Cons

The keyword planner have bit limit compare to other tools..

Response from Moz

Replied January 2021

Thanks so much for your review! Happy to know you find keyword traffic search easy through Moz Pro, and are getting insights to attract quality links. Please contact us at help@moz.com for any questions on the tools - we'll be happy to help you!

Nick from Favor Delivery

Good for beginners

It's a really great product to help get acquainted with the basics of local SEO. Extremely accessible and straightforward. After about a year I felt like I'd outgrown this tool and needed something a little more advanced.

Pros

Super easy to use interface. The user community is great and helpful. Moz is the source for the latest trends in SEO, so when you're just getting into the industry there's not a better tool to use.

Cons

Once you get into intermediate/advanced SEO, this probably won't cut it. There's not as much personalization as you'd find with a tool like ahrefs, which can be extremely limiting

Response from Moz

Replied July 2021

Hi Nick - Thanks for the review! Good to know you find the interface easy to use and find our community helpful. We also appreciate your feedback on personalization and have shared that with the team.