• Pros

• "There are many options, user friendly, the staff have helped me so many times over the phone. They were pleasent and friendly. "

• "Customer support was great. Very supportive when I called. "

• "I love there is so many options, I've used it for almost 5 years and still finding new things to do with it. "

• Cons

• "I wish the texting reminders options were better, not a huge fan of having to buy the "tokens" for each text. "

• "The error message bug regarding processing emails. Not a big problem, just annoying "

• "I wish it would display ALL the future appointments a client has on the confirmation page. It would greatly help me to realize mistakes I've made on my schedule."

Browse Insight Reviews

Roberta from Relax Organic Salon

It serves it purpose.

Pros

Customer support. They are friendly and very helpful and are always there when we need them!!! 24/7!!

Cons

There are so many features. There really should be a class to talke for about a week to learn everything. I've had it for almost three years still am not using everything because I'm don't know how it works. I also think it's crazy we have to pay extra for text messaging. I was also told when ai bought the system it would become apple friendly which was why I chose it. Now I am told that will never happen because of the platform it was built in. Basically your sales department lied to be to get the sale.

Response from Syntec Business Systems

Replied August 2017

Hi Roberta, we appreciate your feedback. While Insight runs best with Windows, it certainly can work with Macs as well. As we offer true, two-way text messaging (not simply email-to-text), there is a cost for sending SMS. Depending on the number of texts you wish to send, our Insight Deluxe Cloud plan may be a more affordable option. Talk to our Sales Team (1-888-919-5841) to learn more.

Steven from LaLa Salon & Spa

Great Choice Overall

We took over ownership of a salon that has used Insight for years, so we decided to keep using it. Overall it functions well and has pretty much all of the features we need. Throughout the last year we ran into a few technical hiccups but customer service was helpful in getting things ironed out. We have an excellent representative that is okay with us emailing her directly which is a rare thing and is much appreciated. Most of the support staff is helpful but there's one person that seems to get annoyed or sound inconvenienced when I call in about something. It's happened a handful of times with that support staff member. If you're a relatively small salon & spa, Insight is a great choice. We have found that the monthly fee added on top of the price to purchase SMS bundles has caused the cost of Insight to exceed other software on the market. If you send a lot of text messages to clients, keep this mind since it can increase your budgeted expense for software. Overall quality (4) - It works well but at times throws error messages for certain reports that requires a call to support staff. Ease of Use (4) - There's a learning curve to Insight but that's nothing new. There's a TON of reports which takes considerable time to learn, and no one report includes a dashboard of all statistics an owner might need. I find this tedious having to run several reports multiple times for each team member. I can recommend Insight to anyone looking for a salon & spa software, but felt it's my duty to cover both the pros and cons. Hopefully this review will help.

Pros

Offers several features that most owners need. Relatively easy to learn and support staff seems willing to help if you're lost or have issues with anything. Uptime is good if you're using the cloud version, which is recommended over the installed version.

Cons

Having to buy SMS bundles drives up the cost of the software. Budget wisely. Random errors when running some reports, which are usually fixed once support knows about it.

Response from Syntec Business Systems

Replied December 2016

As we have told many of our users, if you have an idea for a specific report that you would like to see added to Insight, please send us a rough outline of your specifications to requests@salon-software.com and we will try to add it in to a future release. Asking for a "dashboard with all stats an owner might need" is fairly subjective because each owner might have different thoughts on what those "needs" are so if you can give us a specific example of what you want to see we can work on that.

K from A Perfect Touch

Not impressed with the software at all, but the customer service in the help department rocks.

Not intuitive at all, tedious to work with, clients not able to enter credit cards at booking, which for me was a major necessity. I was told if I integrated my credit card processing and bought their code card swiper clients would be able to enter their card info at booking. That was not the case. I would still have to call each one to get their credit card info and save it to the system, which defeats the purpose of online booking saving me time. Once integration was enabled, I had to enter a password 11! times just to check someone out. The support staff fixed it a bit, which brought it down to 6 times per checkout, which is still too many. The owner told me that's the case with all software programs and told me the new one I switched to, as well as 4 of the other major spa software programs were operating outside of PCI compliance by not having to enter a password that many times, but that was an "alternative fact." Online booking is also not intuitive, especially for spas that offer quite a few services, as the drop down menu of services is alphabetized, rather than grouped by category (i.e. facials, waxing, tinting, etc) and then alphabetized. The new software I have has a grouped drop down menu and also allows for further customization if needed. The reports were confusing, more so than any other software I've used. It's a very nickel and dime software, where you are charged for text message reminders, data conversion (mine may have been waived at sign up, but there was just no charge with the new software at all), and it was poor service and representation to sell me a customized credit card swiper to solve a problem it didn't solve, and then tell me I couldn't get a refund when we realized it wouldn't work within 3 days. The response was that, "it states on our website that the hardware is not refundable," but I wasn't on the website when they talked me into signing up for the swiper by phone. If you have Macs and iPads, steer clear. They claim to work with those, but neglect to reveal the 10 sec delay each time you do anything, while Apples "talk" to Windows. I had the same awesome software for years but outgrew it and was looking for more. What I got with Insight, was just more headaches. The one glowing review I have is for everyone at their tech support office. They were very patient and extremely helpful, and if the call was during their office hours, they were pretty quick to answer and were almost always able to solve the issue. :)

Pros

The customer support team is awesome!

Cons

Clients cannot enter credit cards at booking, drop down menus were tedious as all services are lumped together alphabetically, reports are tedious, paying for text reminders is tedious, doesn't work well at all with Macs, and occasionally, I couldn't even get into the system. Also, the owner is not pleasant to deal with and sounds like a mini Trump whenever he is called out on an issue. He doesn't operate in good faith. Sold me hardware that wouldn't work and wouldn't take it back or even give me credit towards my account for it, since it cannot be used for anything else.

Response from Syntec Business Systems

Replied February 2017

Thanks for the review. It's great to hear that you have had a positive experience with our Customer Support team. We take security very seriously with Insight Software and ensure that we follow all the rules surrounding PCI and PA-DSS compliance. We encourage you to visit the PCI Security Standards Council website (www.pcisecuritystandards.org/assessors_and_solutions/payment_applications) to determine if software programs are truly approved payment applications. You can search by company name ("Syntec", in our case) or you can search by application name (e.g. "Insight") Even when dealing with a PCI compliant software, we advise you to be cautious when dealing with any company that offer work-arounds. While it may be more convenient for you and your staff, it will be your business who will face the consequences if caught.

Renata from Renata Salon Bangz

Great but needs some improvement

I have been using Insight for a few years now. The software is somewhat user friendly, once you know your way around it's pretty easy to navigate around. I love the fact that I can schedule appt from an app on my phone, I don't ever need to call the salon to see when my first apt is in the morning. Having said that there are a lot of things that still need a little improvement. Example: I can't double book from my phone. I can't change my working schedule from my phone. I can add a special break or block a time when I know I won't be available but then I can't see the notes I have under that block. On the software itself, when I'm using the computer I can schedule multiple services for one client (I can however it will show as separate appts and opposed to one long appt. I also would love to get texting with my service, however for a booth renter like myself that service is a little too pricey. Would be nice if it was included in the $35/month I currently pay. The customer service is excellent. I always get to talk to someone quickly and they always have been able to help me. After all the little things that I know one day will be fixed I love this program. Easier than a few I have tried in the past.

Pros

I'm able to use my phone to schedule appts

Cons

I can't double book from my phone I can't change my working schedule from my phone Too expensive to have access to text to confirm or cancel appts

February 2015

Shannon from Wild Ivy Salon & Day Spa

February 2015

Insight Makes My Life Easier!

PROS: Ease of use, Great Technical Support, Very Affordable CONS: This isn't necessarily a con, because the program's functionality is effective, but it would be nice to have a greater range of options in some areas of the program Our salon and spa has been using Insight for a number of years. Insight Salon Software is so easy to use. Steps are intuitive. Even if you didn't have someone available to show you how to use the program, you could learn the system fairly quickly on your own. The price point is reasonable, and there have been no hidden costs or fees. About a year ago another software was highly recommended to us, and we opted to give it a try. And try we did; we struggled to learn and use the system. 6 months later, we took the loss on the other software and came back to Insight. The support I received to transition back made it so quick and painless that I almost couldn't believe it. And when I announced to my staff that morning that we were back live with Insight, every member either hugged or thanked me profusely! Now, we could get back to focusing on important things, not on a software program!! One thing I love about Insight is the ease of movement within the program. For instance, when you open a search screen, your cursor automatically appears in the search box and in many places you can simply hit Enter to move to the next box. These may seem like minor details, but if you've ever worked with this capability and then tried to use another program that doesn't have it, the time saving aspect becomes quickly apparent. We do at times have issues with the automatic features working correctly - appointment confirmations, nightly backups, phone app - and end up having to these things manually. But it is also a problem we had with the other program. These types of issues are just part of it. When something goes wrong, though, the technical team is always available and always friendly and helpful. We work off a fairly detailed business plan, and I wish there were more detailed options available for some areas - such as special commissions on specific services, report sorting, etc. - that would be more in line with some of the particulars of the way we operate. I hope to be able to work with Insight on some of these things. Bottom line, Insight Salon Software is more than worth the investment.

Bill from Espaco Hair Design

Excellent Salon Software

The software is feature rich but most importantly (coming from an IT background myself), the support is absolutely the best! It can be a little "clicky" esp in Reports, but I am very happy overall.

Pros

It does what I need, is fairly intuitive, and is feature rich.

Cons

Reports, which I use quite a bit, is a little clicky, especially when printing. I wish there was a way to regulate all the confirmations when printing and just be able to click once for things (i.e. selecting a Stylist). Also, sometimes I have to hunt for things (i.e. confirming the appointment for an online booking).

Response from Syntec Business Systems

Replied November 2016

Thanks for the review, Bill! We'll take your suggestions into consideration as we continue to optimize the user experience.

Taylor from Daniel Christopher Salon

Seamless transition, and the solution to many issues we had in the past made Insight a smart choice.

Pros

The ability to find and run any report we may need in order to keep an eye on benchmarks and create goals is the most valuable tool for us. Insight makes it easy to look back in time, make changes where we need; as well takes the manual work out of marketing and reminders/confirmations of our appointments. We have been able to use the tools given to keep a closer eye on client trends and make sure we can solve even the smallest problems within salon functionality.

Cons

The thing that makes it a little harder to use is a small lack of customization in regards to what we can view on the appointment book screen, certain fees and services in our salon that don't really fit into any category or place, and the lost ability to add unlimited service providers in our quickly growing salon. Though Insight does offer the best they can when calling for solutions, and usually provides an alternative way of doing things. It is disappointing to have to continue to pay more each time we are ready to add a new feature.

Response from Syntec Business Systems

Replied August 2017

Hi Taylor, thanks for sharing your feedback!

Ryan from Empire Salon

Amazing experience- the company really cares about you and stands for their product

Pros

Amazing experience from the start. Sales got me best fit and deal. Support helped set me up the first phone call I made on the equipment arrived. Every time we had questions they answer the call right away and they are very very knowledgeable. I also had two reports I needed to be tweaked to how I am managing my business and I actually had discussions with the President of the company who went completely above and beyond with his whole team to get the report modifications (a LOT of work too) ahead of the regular release schedule because they knew how much they impacted us. I recommend this as the definitive and premiere salon software to use. I could not imagine a better piece of software with a company ran by better people in the world. I feel like we got lucky by selecting Insight!

Response from Syntec Business Systems

Replied December 2017

Thanks for sharing your experience, Ryan!

Joy from Total Concept

Love this product

I have been using Syntec for almost 10 years (back when it was called Insight) anytime I've called customer support if they don't answer the phone right away they are quick to get back with you and take care of your problem. We did beta testing with them when they were developing the software and called fairly often and not one time where we disappointed. I think that says a lot for a company. The only time I ever have to call in now is when I can't figure something out the program works for me seamlessly. The program also offers a ton of features for what I feel is a fantastic price!

Pros

The price and how easy it is to use.

Cons

I would have to say if there's something about this product I don't like I haven't found it yet.

rupal from Angel aesthetics n spa

Excellent

I can't run my spa now without this software

Pros

Easy to manage and quick at help. I like their remote access too. I am going to start their SMS tool to do reminders for client that's great it save lot of time.

Cons

I can't move all appointments at once and that's only my concern. Oh yes I would like to have their birthday pop up for that month beginning for all month of birthday but instead it is from day to day month goes.

Response from Syntec Business Systems

Replied August 2017

Thank you for the review, Rupal! In the System Setup area, you can actually choose when you want to be notified of birthdays and anniversaries. For example, you can ask Insight to let you know if the client's birthday is within 30 days of the current date. If you have any questions, give our support team a call (1-800-805-4532) and they will be happy to assist.

Suzanne from Voila hair studio and spa

Very easy to use

I love the ease of reports and download to quickbooks for simplified bookkeeping process. The online booking is excellent for customer convenience and retention. Some suggestions for improved performance are: #1. On line cancelation notifications so that stylists are made aware of schedule openings due to on line cancellations. #2. Individual Employee specific service selections that can and cannot be booked using on line booking system.

Pros

On line booking, download to quickbooks,

Cons

Can't personalize the system, not really user friendly for hair salon with chair renters that have individual prices and services offered. On line booking system should have a notification tab to advise of a cancellation just as it does for an online appointment booked.

Response from Syntec Business Systems

Replied February 2017

Suzanne, I believe that most if not all of your concerns can be taken care of in the software already. Your best bet is to call customer service at 1-800-805-4532 and ask about the best way to handle these things and they can work with you to personalize your copy to work the way you want with your renters and the online booking and cancellations.

Kendra from The Hair Lounge

User friendly and a helpful support system.

Ease of understanding how my salon is performing.

Pros

You can't "mess" anything up that cannot be corrected. It is easy to train staff and extremely user friendly just "surfing" through reports.

Cons

Not having an integrated electronic signature program for credit card processing. Keeping printed receipts is outdated.

Response from Syntec Business Systems

Replied August 2017

Kendra, we actually do have an integrated electronic signature pad for credit cards but it isn't part of the Insight software...it is part of the cc machine you use with Insight. I see from your account that you don't yet have integrated payments with Insight so if you call our sales office at 1-888-919-5841 they can give you all the info you would need on getting a signature capture device for credit card processing that will fully integrate with Insight.

Hannah from Hannah's Hair Studio

Great program for my salon

I've been using insight for 11+ years at the salon I've been working at. Just recently opened up a salon in my own home, and chose to use the ro gram for my new business as well. I have now used the installed version and the cloud version, and both are easy to use. If unfamiliar with the program, it takes a bit to set-up, but the customer service is great, so they can help you out so you get the most from the program. Highly recommend!

Pros

Easy to use and has all the information I need to run my business.

Cons

I'm not a fan of the iPad/iPhone version. True touch screen capabilities are lacking, as you have to find the cursor and drag with your finger. Would like to have an installed version for Macintosh computes as well, as opposed to just the cloud version.

Buffie from Buffie & Co. Salon Spa

Love love insite

Customer service is fantastic ! Anytime I need help they're always so helpful, friendly and never condescending. A special thanks to Tara Woleben, who was so gracious with me!

Pros

Everyday ease. Great customer service

Cons

Features that seem too complicated. Whish someone could personally come down to explain

Response from Syntec Business Systems

Replied November 2016

Buffie, Thanks for the review. While it would be nice to be able to personally visit every one of our clients to show them all the features, that might get a little expensive and time consuming. However, our support staff can log in to your computer over the internet and show you any of the features you are confused about to ensure that you are able to fully utilize the software and reap all the benefits. Just call customer support whenever you have some free time and they can go through it with you.

Brittanee from Exhale...A Salon

Insight has been a great software change for our salon. It is keeping us more organized! thank you!

My inventory and sales are more organized, it has helped train my clients with the world of "online" - its a step up for us to send out email confirms and not phone calls... Tech support is always there to answer my questions and I really appreciate that! Hoping the phone app gets improvements to prevent crashing, otherwise, we are happy with Insight!

Pros

We like the ability to pull multiple reports, and the detail in which you can record items. Customer Support has always been very helpful and I appreciate that tremendously!

Cons

The frequency in which the app crashes...too often! The only other con would be that you have to bundle so many add ons....we would love to use text messages, and have multiple log ins...but that in addition to growing our team would more than double our price.

Response from Syntec Business Systems

Replied August 2017

Thanks for the review, Brittanee! Please give our Support Team a call at 1-800-805-4532 so we can look into the trouble you're having with the mobile app. Also, we recently announced "Insight Deluxe Cloud" which includes text messages with your monthly subscription. Check it out on our website!

Randi from Amity Hair Studio

Working through an apple can have it's challenges

I find sometimes the cloud version is extremely slow lately which makes it frustrating on occasion. I also find there is extreme wait times for support when calling sometimes. I know this tends to be the norm for most support numbers however; I found it much faster when I first signed on with Insight than lately. I find there is also some issue when using apple with Insight. Challenges hooking up to certain hardware. The cloud version didn't even allow me to use my barcode scanner anymore. Super frustrating. Overall Ok value for the price but definitely lacks some of the seamlessness other companies have. If I were to expand, I'd likely shop around.

Pros

Email reminders

Cons

The inability to use seamlessly with any Mac product with the exception of the iPhone App.

Latrice from UWINK Eyelash Extensions

Industry: Cosmetics

Good to not have monthly fees

I enjoy using insight. It is very easy for my employees to nativagate. If there is ever something that we can't do we can always contact them and they will walk us through using new functions. My favorite part is owning the software and not having to pay a monthly fee.

Pros

The ease of the layout. Auto Responders

Cons

Tips are not incorporated into the credit card forms. We have to ask prior to completing the purchase.

Response from Syntec Business Systems

Replied October 2016

Thank you for your review. The new EMV (chip & pin) card payments allow for your client to select the tips (% or $) on the actual pin pad device at the time of the transaction so you will no longer need to ask. You can contact us or your processing company to upgrade your payment processing to the EMV standard at any time.

Jaci from Salon avalon and spa

Industry: Translation and Localization

I really love this program it !!

This program has made my life so much easier. I love that I can be at home and book appointments on my cell phone. I do wish texting would be included in the yearly fee . I always can get someone if I'm having troubles they are friendly and very helpful. I now spend more time with my family rather than praying my taxes are correct or my payrolls is . My taxs lady loves me know that all my reports are done correctly and it makes her life easier

Pros

Making apt on my phone

Cons

all the updates sometime I'm home and my app won't work because of updates . I also wish it was quicker to book on my cell it's a lot of steps

Hannah from Hannah's Hair Studio

Have been using Insight for years, as a staff member and now a salon owner!

Pros

Easy to use and keeps track of all my book keeping and inventory. I like how I can segment all my products and services.

Cons

The cloud version sometimes has a black-out, which is annoying, but is very rare. Not a big fan of the phone/table app, as it doesn't allow easy touchscreen access

Response from Syntec Business Systems

Replied December 2017

Thanks for the review, Hannah! As you mentioned, any outages are very rare. Our uptime is above 99.95% but we're working to improve on that further. In regards to the mobile apps, please contact our Support team (1-800-805-4532) so we can resolve any issues you may be having and to make any adjustments to improve the experience.

Cheryl from Beyond Bangz

Great customer service.

Pros

We like everything! Easy to use and friendly customer service. Love the auto updates auto backup. Couldn't be happier.

Cons

Server can be slow, wish we could just log in and be more web based. Like quickbooks. Don't like the pay per text confirming. Should be less expensive.

Response from Syntec Business Systems

Replied August 2017

Cheryl, Thanks for the review. In regard to the text messaging costs you might want to call the sales office (1-888-919-5841) and ask them about upgrading to the Deluxe Cloud service which includes a fixed amount of SMS credits each month. For regular text users, this usually works out to be a less expensive solution.

July 2016

Julie from The Taylor'ed Look

July 2016

LOVE LOVE LOVE

Love this software!! I've used it for going on 10 years!! Just as my business has grown and changed, so has this software. The tech support team is always fantastic. They are very helpful and nice. I love all the systems that this software is capable of tracking.

Pros

Tracking of who does what in the system. Love how you can set up each individual's access to different areas of the system.

Cons

limited credit card processors. Haven't had any trouble just would like to be easier to shop rates.

Jason from Unity Salon

Insight Salon Software is a great value

Salon Software does a great job with their Insight software. They recently updated their online booking software and it's much better. It's really nice to have an online booking that doesn't just make booking requests. It's real-time. The rest of the software and reports are really robust. There are things I could knit-pick about, but for the money, it's a really great value and it does a great job.

Pros

The real-time online booking, the mobile app for IOS & Andriod, and their customization settings.

Cons

Inability to build our own reports.

Erin from Essentials Day Spa and Hair Salon

I used this software for the 10 years that owned my day spa and loved it!

Ease of running my day to day business as a salon and day spa.

Pros

My favorite part of the software would have to be the appointment book feature. The appointment book made it so easy to schedule appointments and had plenty of resources that helped us stay organized and not double book services.

Cons

My least favorite part of the software was probably the payroll feature. Although it kept track of everything as it should, it was not always kept up to date with current taxes and such.

Dee from All About You Salon

Life made easy

I have used insight for many years, after searching other software. Insight was the best choice for my business I have no regrets. Support is always willing to assist me in any way. Going from a book to a software was very intimidating for me. Not being good with that platform. With the help of insight, it's made my life a lot easier. I couldn't imagine using anything else. Thank you all and Merry Christmas

Pros

Standing appointments, 70% of my clients book out for a year. This makes it so easy to do that.

Cons

That I have to put in special holidays year after year.

Jayne from Team blonde

Greatvalue

Works well for retail and salon and spa services. Easily tracks thousands of retail products, while effortlessly handling customer data. An awesome solution for a hybrid business like mine with 1800 sq ft of retail boutique and 1800 sq ft of spa and salon.

Pros

Integration between store and spa data.

Cons

Some reports need to be more robust. Would like to have some options to be able to write own reports.

Response from Syntec Business Systems

Replied December 2016

If you have any ideas for new reports, please feel free to submit them to requests@salon-software.com and we will do our best to work them into an upcoming future release.

Anna from Dolce LLC

Very Affordable

I have been using insight in my salon for six years. It was easy to learn and very affordable compared to other booking/POS systems that do not offer half of the features. The only thing that Disappointed me was that I purchased two additional licenses to run insight on other computers and they were VERY slow. I had IT come in and try to figure it out with no success. Customer service keeps saying it's a problem on our end... I'll never know! So we only use it on our main computer and the app.

Pros

Affordability

Amy from Salon Tuscan

I have had Insight for years now and love it!

Pros

I like the ease of use and that all of the stylists are able to book appointments from their phones!

Cons

I don't like how much it costs for text reminders to clients. We are a small salon with independent stylists.

Response from Syntec Business Systems

Replied December 2017

Thanks for the feedback, Amy! As we offer true, two-way text messaging (not simply email-to-text), there is a cost for sending SMS. Depending on how many text messages you wish to send, our Insight Deluxe Cloud plan may be a good option as it includes a monthly SMS bundle.

Eva from The Pearl Salon

Love using Insight for my business. Keeps everything organized and makes my scheduling so easy.

Pros

I love that it keeps track of all my sales/purchasing, in essence, does my"books". So at tax time I can just print off a few pages and bring them to my accountant and done. Also love that I can put my client records in the system, and that it keeps track of client purchases so I can back and see what they've purchased when they've forgotten what kind of product they usually use.

Response from Syntec Business Systems

Replied December 2017

Thanks for the review, Eva!

Donna from Salon 35

Love the fact that I pay a one time yearly fee and not a monthly fee for tech support we don't use

Pros

Ease of use. Tech suppport availability is great, w in 24 hrs. Was easy to set up, no monthly fees, can easily swirch bwcinvoices. Can be set up for loyalty rewards

Cons

Reports could be more owner friendly. We are a summit salon and the reports they ask for aren't easy to obtain on insights

Response from Syntec Business Systems

Replied June 2017

Thanks for the review, Donna! If you have ideas for new reports, please email us at requests@salon-software.com and we will do our best to work them into a future release.

Brian from Totally Tan & Synergy Salon

Highly Recommend

The Support Team Is Fantastic. The Company Is Always Adding And Improving Features. They Even Poll For New Ideas And Needs With The Software. If You Have A Full Service Salon With Tanning This Software Is A Must!

Pros

Constantly Evolving With New Features

Cons

I Still Have A Few Ideas I Would Like To See Incorporated. Honestly That's It.

Response from Syntec Business Systems

Replied November 2016

Thanks for the review, Brian!

December 2014

Tara & Sharon from Tara's Place Beauty & Laser Clinic

December 2014

Our thoughts and suggestions

Time factoring is a major concern to the user, if you have several clients waiting, this system is not efficient in that area. When working, the SMS system is great, but we have had several occasions when there have been glitches with this. (this means lost business to us) Customer service has been helpful, and eventually problems are solved, but, this too can take a while, interrupting our business operations. Unfortunately the glitches are occurring to frequently, especially after you perform an upgrade. Below are a few suggestions that I hope can be reviewed/implemented 1. We have found it frustrating that we can not highlight a clients multiple treatments booked, & move them as a group. 2. Having an easier process to see if, and to put someone on 'ACCOUNT' or 'IN CREDIT', would be of help. 3. Highlighting money owed in red (for example) would be helpful. Even highlight money in credit in green (for example) 4. Being able to click and drag an appointment to another operator without having to go to the "confirm appointment screen" and change name would be a good timesaver. 5. Being able to shrink or stretch an appointment with out going to the "Confirm appointment screen" 6. End of night, when completing the "Stop & Cash out" step and then entered the money on the next page, if "Save" is pressed do a second option to "Print". . (there is no back button process that I can find) 7. In the "Payment/Receipting" invoice screen, if doing a % discount of eg 4 of 6 items, being able to Highlight/tick each discounted item, then put a group % discount through, leaving the other 2 at set price. 8. When 'Receipting' a service, and then adding a 'series' at that point, having the option to use the 'service' of that day would be very helpful. (so a second invoice is not having to be done)

Response from Syntec Business Systems

Replied December 2014

Tara & Sharon, First of all thank you for taking the time to provide a thorough list of suggestions. I am hoping we can coax a better rating out of you based on the fact that many of the things that you are asking for have been part of Insight for years. A couple of things we definitely don't yet do, and things like "an easier process..." are always a little subjective. However, I think that some time spent with a support rep will help you to be able to do many of those things you are asking for that you might not realize how to do yet. I am going to have a support rep contact you to go over your list and have them show you the things you can already do and clarify the rest so our developers can consider building them into an upcoming release. We are always looking for client feedback to improve the Insight program for everyone.

Tristen from KAT salon and spa

It works very good

Pros

I like that it pretty much has everything u need to run your salon/spa enjoy being able to do payroll on it

Cons

Not being able to put a master password on just something instead u have to use a password for everything . Would be nice to not get our staff to see everything but it's annoying to have our girls always type in a password. Wish it wasn't so much to add another computer on to it as well.

Response from Syntec Business Systems

Replied August 2017

Thanks for the review, Tristen.

Stephanie from Crave Studio

Industry: Cosmetics

We love this service for our hair stylists appointments however the tanning modules need work

The software manages my salon and tanning client profiles accurately and easily.

Pros

I love the amount of customization that is available even in regards to menu access. It helps my part time staff make the program work for their thought process and technical ability.

Cons

The tanning modules, the repetition when changing or moving appointments, the lack of flexibility in the mobile app.

Response from Syntec Business Systems

Replied June 2017

Thanks for the review, Stephanie! We are always looking for feedback from clients to improve and add features. Please send us an email at requests@salon-software.com with more details about how we can make the tanning module or mobile app work better for you.

Maria from Hair by Maria

Industry: Alternative Dispute Resolution

Big or small, Insight works for you!

Insight is the 2nd salon software that I have ever purchased and used. The scheduling and record keeping are very easy to use, and records are fast and simple to pull up. As a single chair renter, I no longer use all of the options available to me, but I like knowing that they are there. Tech support is always responsive and helpful!

Pros

Easy to use, Insight just a call away

Tiffany from Tiffany & Co Salon & Tanning

Everything you need. Works great! Tons of options!

Scheduling is easy.

Cons

Response from Syntec Business Systems

Replied August 2017

Thanks for the kind words, Tiffany! We recently introduced Insight Deluxe Cloud which includes a monthly allotment of text messaging credits. Give our Sales Team a call (1-888-919-5841) for details and pricing.

Angie from Melange Salon & Spa

The Best Salon Software!

We've been with insight for 9 years and love it. It does everything going email need it to, and, most importantly, it supports full payroll. It makes everything so much easier!

Pros

Full payroll.

Cons

I wouldn't mind a few, more specific reports and some different functionality regarding resources.

Response from Syntec Business Systems

Replied December 2016

Laura from Sandals Day Spa & Hair Salon

Insight for salon & spa

It has worked great for our salon! We are contemplating the online version but still reading reviews.

Pros

Record keeping

Cons

When it gives errors and that you cannot add a tip to the gift cards when people purchase them

Response from Syntec Business Systems

Replied December 2016

Tips can be added to the amount of the Gift Card purchased and you can also include the amount of the taxes as well. If you need help in knowing how to do this feel free to call customer support and ask.

Julie from Fuzion Salon & Spa

Insight customer service

Anytime I have had a question or problem (which it is usually something I am doing wrong) the staff is SO helpful and patient!!! I spoke to our rep this week and she was very informative about the additional services I was wanting to add on to my existing account. Thank you! Excellent customer service!!

Pros

Ease of use

Cons

Sometimes difficulty with app to view schedule. (However a lot of times it is because we have not done update or have not updated phones)

Lindsay from Blue Duck Hair Salon

Has made a huge difference for the better for our salon!

Pros

I can think of so many pros! Keeps the salon functioning and organized Has made the salon more profitable Love all the reports we can use for the salon and each individual stylist Helps with loss prevention and ordering products Has overall been the best decision for our salon a few years ago!

Response from Syntec Business Systems

Replied January 2018

Thanks for the positive feedback, Lindsay!

Krista from Studio7 Salon and Spa

I have had Insight for 10 years and it's improved greatly. I am very satisfied with this software.

Pros

The customer service is speedy and attentive. I enjoy the fact that they are always willing to problem solve with my team and improve reports when we need something changed. It's very easy to navigate through reports.

Cons

Sometimes the reports haven't made sense and we've called support and they usually try to fix it asap.

Response from Syntec Business Systems

Replied August 2017

Thanks for the review, Krista!

Donald from Luxe Salon

I've used this software for cleaning to see to ten years. Couldn't imagine running my business without it

Pros

It is so easy to navigate.I can keep windows open incase I get interrupted and can return to what I was working on.

Cons

Response from Syntec Business Systems

Replied December 2017

Thanks for the feedback, Donald! We're always looking to improve the user experience.

Donna from Your Look Salon

I love this software - my only issue comes with the phone app version

I have used this software for my biz for about 15 years - it is truly awesome & easy to use! My only wish would be that they add in ability for stylists to change their schedule through the app and ability to take cc payments thru the phone app as well

Pros

Super easy to use

Cons

Phone app could be more user friendly

Trudy from Coco Beach & Rock Gorgeous

Someone is always there to help!

Pros

Very user friendly and what we like most is the reporting capabilities'. In a matter of seconds you can get any analysis report required

Cons

Setting up online booking has not been too easy for us to figure out. We also don't use minutes for our tanning beds and this has caused some issues in the past that we've not been able to resolve

Stephanie from Avalon Medical Spa

Great software

We've been using Insight for almost 6 years now and just recently switched to the cloud based system and it works wonderfully. We were able to add a second location with ease.

Pros

overall easy to use

Cons

There are a few small things that are difficult to get around sometimes like not being able to schedule the same employee to work two different shifts between our two locations on the same day.

Leah from Kings & Queens BarberSalon

Very user friendly!

I switched over to Insight after using several other types of software designed for Salon use. This one was super easy to pick up and has some great reports I utilized daily. No longer using because I switched salons and they don't have a computer. Wish I still had it! Awesome!

Pros

Very user friendly

Cons

Not sure it has an app? Would love that feature for online booking

Response from Syntec Business Systems

Replied December 2016

Yes we do have apps for the staff to use as well as online booking for clients to book their own appointments. If your new salon doesn't have a system tell them to call the sales office and we will get them set up and you qualify for a referral reward.

Lori from At Last...Salon & Day Spa

Great booking program

Love the customer service, always so great! Whole system is easy an friendly to use. Highly recommended. Have been using for 7 years.

Pros

Ease of use.

Cons

If I could tweak a few things to work with what I need it to do.

Response from Syntec Business Systems

Replied February 2017

Thanks for the review, Lori! Give our customer support team a call about these tweaks, and we'll see what we can do. We're always looking for feedback and ideas on how to improve the software!

Donald from Luxe Salon Inc.

Used it for years , still love it

Switched over from professional salon more than 10 years ago and I would never go back. The program is easy to learn, and easy to use and the tech-support is unparalleled.

Pros

Easy to learn easy to use.

Cons

I still wish there was a way of getting all the clients appointments on the confirming page to avoid duplication of appointments because I forgot to erase the old one

Gretchen from Mane Street Salon

Our overall experience is good with Insight. I have nothing to compare to but really satisfied.

Pros

We really love online booking. I also love that we are hosted and get all the tech support when we need it.

Cons

When there are glitches every now and then and things don't operate smoothly. We have had online booking appts. Not show up in our schedules. Has happened about three times.

Response from Syntec Business Systems

Replied December 2017

Thanks for the review, Gretchen!

Wendy from Wendy Moreau Massage Therapy

Scheduling simplified

I have used Insight for over 10 years, originally when I worked for another business, then purchased a plan when I opened my own. It has be instrumental in keeping my business on track and customers scheduling and accounting! I would be lost with out it!

Pros

Customer service is great!

Cons

Don't always send my receipts in a timely fashion.

Cindy from Hair source

Time saving and organized!

Love the capabilities of this program it's easy to learn and integrates with quick books which are a huge timesaver for me.

Pros

Quick books integration.

Cons

The payroll feature. I don't use it. I have a payroll company that I use.