All Meevo Reviews

Jessica

Cosmetics, 11 - 50 employees

Used unspecified

Reviewed May 2024

Meevo Review: Meevo, Just Jump Right In!

Kevin

Consumer Services, 1 employee

Reviewed July 2021

Meevo 2

My experience has been the best of the best. Starting with on boarding, training and education and whatever I might have need in the future.

PROS

Meevo2 was a great fit for me being that I worked for myself. It has a great price point for a single user too. Meevo2 grows with you as your needs change over time. They have unparalleled United States phone support. And yes, it’s very easy to speak to them.

CONS

I’m a tech first kind of person so, I love setting up this software in its entirety. I can see that this could be challenging for those of us who are not as tech friendly.

Reason for choosing Meevo

[SENSITIVE CONTENT] of Millennium Systems International took the best features from MSI and created Meevo2. He’s THE pioneer of salon software.

Reasons for switching to Meevo

I needed a more comprehensive system, like Meevo2.

Thanks for the kind words about Meevo 2, Kevin. We value your business and are happy to hear you've had great experiences with our onboarding, education, and support teams. Looking forward to more years of success!

Replied August 2021

Paula

Reviewed March 2024

So nice I had to use twice!

I LOVE MEEVO! Everything about it from scheduling, to booking, to payroll, to reports are just amazing.

PROS

Honestly there is nothing that I don't love about Meevo! I used it at a previous facility I managed and it was a no brainer to bring in when we were looking for a new platform to use at my latest job.

CONS

That somehow clients often get confused when doing online booking and book multiple services for themselves when trying to book for a group. Then because we require a deposit for online booking it can be a challenge getting that deposit to apply to the correct appointment once the servicing guest has been corrected.

Reason for choosing Meevo

Had the most options I was looking for and the best reporting. There are a few things I still need to create work-arounds for but many are on the docket for future implementation.

Reasons for switching to Meevo

Didn't like the platform, wasn't as easy to use, the reports were minimal, and the online booking was just meh.

We're so happy to hear you love Meevo and it helps make scheduling, booking, and payroll easier for you!

Michelle

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2019

Meevo 2 - A Work in Progress

PROS

- The software is fully internet based and didn't require specific equipment. - It promised better features from a franchise point of view

CONS

- We were one of the first companies on board and the regular updates and releases caused a lot of confusion and a lot of problems for us. The updates didn't come with details on what was changed or how. And if we had all our settings in place and those settings were involved in an update, everything was changed around (ie things that were "on" prior to the update, were turned "off" during the update). However we were never notified and had to find out what had changed when we ran into problems. This caused confusion not only for us, but for our franchisees and guests. - The reporting is flawed. We have spent hours upon hours on the phone with support, development, management, etc trying to help correct the reporting issues. To date we still don't have a sales or accounting report that we can rely on to provide accurate data. Everything requires a supporting report and/or manual calculations. - The support team is difficult to utilize as you aren't assigned a specific support contact therefore you're constantly explaining the same thing(s) over and over again when you call in to obtain a status, start a new support ticket, etc.

Reasons for switching to Meevo

Cost, along with the fact that we are a franchise and Meevo promised better functionality from the franchise side of things.

Hailee

Hospitality, 11-50 employees

Reviewed March 2024

Meevo Review from a salon and medical spa!

PROS

The details! You can really customize Meevo to be whatever you want it to be.

CONS

The reports are not as detailed as the software and we have a hard time pulling specific numbers.

Reasons for switching to Meevo

They were not detailed and would often shut down or glitch. Which in turn would lose us lots of money!

Happy to hear you're enjoying Meevo and its customizations in your salon and medical spa, Hailee!

Kelly

Reviewed June 2023

Customizable software for our growing medical spa

Excellent support and training for the entire staff. At any moment we can chat or call for assistance, as well as the incredible online resource Meevo “help” which I use almost daily for clarification. There are many webinars and o going trainings that also provide additional learning opportunities as we grow our knowledge of the system. We are very impressed overall and happy with our transition.

PROS

Bottom line, Meevo provides a fully customizable software that is dependable for the needs of our growing Medical spa and salon. As a 30 year old business that has changed for a salon to a high level spa, we needed a dependable and intelligent booking and reporting system that would give us everything and more. Meevo has some quirks, but overall our transition and training was smooth and seamless with a few exceptions.

CONS

Transitioning from our past software (Phorest), we lost all guest service history. This has been a challenge, however six months into our transition we have adapted. Gift cards also became a large concern as many transferred under “anonymous” instead of the guest name, causing us to have to rely on stored PDF form to look up many that are not located easily under guest profiles.

Reason for choosing Meevo

We were Salon Biz users for over 10 years. Once they required a transition into their new “Central” integration, there were so many ongoing issues we were forced to work with something new. Phorest was their first Transition out of Salon Biz Central.

Reasons for switching to Meevo

The software was very basic and did not provide enough confidence and security in booking appointments. Their check out process is very confusing as well and led to many mistakes.

We love hearing that you've enjoyed using Meevo to help you grow your spa, Kelly! Make sure to check out the Meevo Academy for future webinars, interactive courses, and more!

Replied June 2023

Derek

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 51-200 employees

Reviewed June 2019

Meevo 2 in Today's Salon/Spa World

Overall Meevo 2 is working great for our business, we have tried several other operating systems, and Meevo 2 meets the majority of our business concerns.

PROS

-Very user friendly! -Modern looking! -Web based, So it can be accessed anywhere! -Mobile Friendly -Online booking -Inventory Management

CONS

-Sometimes it lags, and takes longer to load than desirable, while I originally thought this was just a poor internet connection, it proved not to be. - Missing some minor features that would be beneficial for my business, such as not being able to edit a ticket's payment after the day was closed.

Reason for choosing Meevo

Phorest, did none of the features we needed. SchoolVision was not web based

Reasons for switching to Meevo

MindBody was not very user friendly, and was constantly "down." After leaving MindBody, we discovered that all of our records were wiped as well.

Tom

Reviewed November 2022

Still a work in progress

As a user I feel we have to put up with their shortcomings, albeit with the knowledge that things are steadily getting better.

PROS

Customer service, esp. response times, is excellent. Multiple ways to get in touch and there is usually someone available in a hurry.

CONS

Meevo is still very much a work in progress, and a testament to that is the vouminous "ideas portal" which is full of requests for additional functionality, streamlining processes, easier access to data, etc. The user interface is not well thought out, with tons of white space, title bars, etc. and not enough useful information shown on the screen. Requires a lot of scrolling. Not a lot of sorting features. Hard to zoom in on client purchase history, e.g. list of product purchases, etc.

Price, customer service.

Reasons for switching to Meevo

Customer service was horrible. Took days to respond. However, in retrospect I liked the functionality much better. Pricing, though, was much higher than Meevo.

We value your feedback, Tom. Thank you for the kind words regarding our Support Team.

Replied November 2022

Lisa

Meevo is worth it

Overall switching to Meevo was a good decision and makes the daily work flow run more smoothly.

PROS

I love how my stylists get notifications when a client checks in. I like that there are many integrations that can be added. The customer service is great!

CONS

The transition to integrate Tippy and Meevo Pay were a little rocky.

Reasons for switching to Meevo

Meevo had a better way of doing just about everything and is easier to use.

Glad to hear that Meevo makes your daily work flow run smoothly, Lisa!

Elisabeth

Consumer Services, 11-50 employees

Meevo Rocks

PROS

Meevo was what we switched over to after MillenniumGo - it was a really easy transition for our salon & clients!

CONS

It took a little getting used to, but all in all it’s been great!

Reasons for switching to Meevo

MillenniumGo was closing & we needed to make the switch!

Happy to hear you had an easy transition to Meevo, Elisabeth. Welcome to the Meevo family!

Isaac

Medical Practice, 11-50 employees

Enterprise software on the LOW

I loved it, I’d totally affiliate. I think you have a good product.

PROS

It comes with YEXT listing. The SEO features were pretty nice aswell.

CONS

For non technical people it doesn’t have the best UI.

Reason for choosing Meevo

I used meevo simultaneously with GHL. I want to your api key so I can build an app that integrates meevo with GHL. It would be so much better, no offense, than to the memo integration.

Happy to hear Meevo and its features are a good fit for your business, Isaac!

Palacia

Individual & Family Services, 1 employee

Reviewed June 2020

Meevo 2 is the Perfect Choice!

My overall experience with Meevo 2 have been a great one. Millennium's Technical Support Teams has always provided me with excellent customer service. They are very helpful and friendly. They have handle my concerns and challenges with great solutions in a timely manner. And most importantly, they have kindly work with me in a patient manner, despite my challenges of not being so tech savvy. However, I am now functioning very well with the information and education that they have provided. I am so much more confident when utilizing my new tech skills that I am now willing and able to assist others.

PROS

I love that this software is affordable and very easy to use. It has definitely cut my work load in half and helped me to organize more efficiently. I am able to offer my guest the best options possible by using the appointment scheduler, client intake forms, client profile history, appointment text and email communications, online booking feature, and I am able to do excellent email marketing through the use of their add-on integrations.

CONS

What I think would be a great addition to Meevo 2 is to create a feature that would allow you to forward your pre-scheduled clients appointments for one week, and then reschedule them to the following week in one step. It would make it a lot easier instead of having to reschedule each client individually. Another great addition would be to create a security feature for online booking that would allow you to verify the email of the user by sending a verification link to the email they have provided to set up their online account, prior to permitting access to online booking. This will provide better protection for your appointment book. Integrations with other apps work very well, but perhaps additional information in the help section on what not to do and why, may prove to be quite useful. This would decrease the need for further assistance.

Reason for choosing Meevo

I had worked for other successful salon& day spas that have utilized both Millennium software and Meevo 2, and I have found that this company is the best. Excellent in customer service, great in providing options that fit your budget, equips their customers with continuing education for their product, and webinars for the latest trends, tips, and facts for my industry. And they follow up with me to see how am I doing and if I need further assistance. They are always doing their best to keep me at my best and I greatly appreciate it! Even my clients are thrilled about it being so easy for them to use as well! I can honest say that my business has grown because of it! I look forward to the future of what Meevo 2 will be able to do better and more.

Nichole

Reviewed May 2023

Love for Meevo!

Overall I love Meevo. It takes a while to learn all of the features but once you start catching on you realize that these features help run the business day to day.

PROS

The integrations to be able to run my business efficiently

CONS

the conversion from my previous software

Reason for choosing Meevo

I just kept coming back to meevo. there might have been a feature i had with insight that neither one offered, but meevo did.

Reasons for switching to Meevo

I didn't feel the company was evolving in the direction I needed for my business.

It's great to hear Meevo and its integrations have made it easier to run your business efficiently, Nichole!

Replied May 2023

Allison

Reviewed July 2019

Meevo 2 was an easy switch

A benefit we are seeing is having the daily service totals and monthly product sales easily available to us pushes us to make more sales and surpass goals that are calculated for us.

PROS

The software is much more to the point than others. Having it available through web browser instead of strictly computer has really helped us while booking clients outside of the salon. Also, everyone having their own profiles and goal centers really pushes our stylists to sell and bring in clients more frequently.

CONS

I do some times have a hard time with inventory counts. Some times I need to deduct a product here or there for personal use, and it can get confusing just taking one product out of the inventory count.

Reason for choosing Meevo

meevo seemed to have much better (more personal) customer service

Reasons for switching to Meevo

millennium was being to be out dated. We wanted a system that allowed us to create goals and show us better statistics daily.

Danielle

Cosmetics, 11-50 employees

Reviewed April 2022

The BEST Salon/ Spa Software

Love everything about this software - including the customer service. same day replies is CRUCIAL on busy days, and Meevo has that!

PROS

I love the functionality and how user friendly the software is. A new hire can learn the software very quickly which is very helpful.

CONS

I would say the cost - we utilize a lot of add ons as well, so it is a costly monthly expense - however we would not be able to run our company as well as we do without it.

Reason for choosing Meevo

Best overall product, most features, best reporting options, best customer service.

We're happy to hear that Meevo is user-friendly and has the best reporting and customer service, Danielle! We appreciate your business and love seeing your success with Meevo!

Replied April 2022

Ashley

Cosmetics, 11-50 employees

Reviewed October 2019

Waiting for all features to work

PROS

Desktop and tablet friendly. Once all bugs are out I hope to have a more efficient software.

CONS

There is always a bug. There are too many steps or reports you have to run in order to get what you are looking for. Some reports require 30 mins or overnight to update. I don't think it was ready to be released.

Reason for choosing Meevo

Thought it would be similar features and had new staff at the time.

Reasons for switching to Meevo

Thought it would be more efficient, but is not as user friendly to the salon world.

Michelle

Consumer Services, 11-50 employees

Worth the investment!

Easy for staff to learn and use. Even for our non technical staff.

PROS

Customizable to suit your salons needs/preferences.

CONS

Not being able to edit a transaction after its closed. Have to void and make a new ticket.

To move to a Cloud based system. More capabilities

We're glad to hear that Meevo was easy for your staff to learn how to use and that you're enjoying the customizations, Michelle!

Kelly Jo