• Pros

• "What I love about this software; it is very easy to book in my clients and very easy for them to confirm their booking."

• "The software is easy to use and I love the automated features of reminding and confirming my clients appointments without me having to prompt it. So good! "

• "Super fast to use! I love that my clients get their text messages up to 3 days before their appointment! I love that they can confirm their appointments over text or email!"

• Cons

• "What I dislike the least; is that it doesn't give a weekly or daily money breakdown. This is definitely needed."

• "Options for the automatic messages is limited! I wish the confirmation was when the reminder was sent! "

• "I wish it had a reminder on it I don't really have anything bad to say about besides I wish my clients can go through the app their self n book appointments by them selves "

Browse MyCuts Reviews

Have been using the app for 1 year now and love it.

Pros

The confirmations and the reminders. Saves a stylist from missed appointment s and a lot of time. I also like the recurring appointments as I have customers that book every 4 weeks.

Cons

When I make an appointment the time seems to not stay at the set time on the first attempt and I have to renter the correct time.

Response from MyCuts

Replied May 2018

Hello and thank you for your review! Please check out our latest update to our iOS app. We greatly improved the appointment time selection issue. Please email us at support@mycutsapp.com for further assistance.

Shannon from Salon C

Hairstyle Dream

It’s been great. Any questions Ive had were answered quickly and it is a really easy app to use.

Pros

It’s easy to set up. Clients love the reminder feature. I am in control of my appointments. No more relying on front desk staff who never understand your needs and wants. It’s all in my hands.

Cons

I would like a past history feature. Where you could select client and see all of there past appointments in a report type screen.

My Cuts Review

Overall experience, it's just okay. Needs a major facelift.

Pros

This software comes in the form of an app. I did enjoy the fact that I can schedule client's right from my phone. I also can leave comments about their specific service and what exact service I performed on them. I also enjoy the feature that prevents double booking. So I am not overlapping clients'and I can schedule each client woth the appropriate length of time. Also, I am able to search them by phone number, which I liked.

Cons

Well, to be honest, the software tends to crash a lot. I think an update would really suit it well. Also, because it is an app, you have to have a decent working tablet or phone, or it will just crash.

Response from MyCuts

Replied December 2019

Anonymous reviewer, we're sorry to hear that you experience MyCuts crashing so much. Although we pride ourselves for having one of the lowest crash rates in the industry, it unfortunately still happens sometimes, and for others more frequently. Please email us at support@mycutsapp.com to provide us with more details so we can fix it! Thanks!

Leigh from Leigh Brenner

Easy and efficient!

My clients love using their phones for their calendar. And if they forget they love the back up text message remimder!

Pros

Cons

I would like to be able to look up a client and see when their last visit was. I would like to be able to add a new client in right away on the schedule. Instead of adding them to the client list, then going back to the day I want them and adding them to the scheduled date.

Response from MyCuts

Replied May 2018

Leigh, thank you for your nice review! We wanted to let you know that you don't have to add a client through the client list. When you make a new appointment, tap "(select client)" and then tap the plus button if it's a new client. This will also add them to the client list. Please email us at support@mycutsapp.com for more assistance.

shannon from Salon Corazón

Industry: Cosmetics

Best app for salon bookings

I have tried a couple other apps, but MyCuts is the best in every way. It’s easy to use. Keeps me organized, and on top of my business.

Pros

I like how easy it is to use. Down to the smallest detail, I can personalize everything.

Cons

I think the service scroll down should be right under the date ( when booking something) currently it gets lost near the bottom

Reasons for Choosing MyCuts

So easy

Brittany from LOX SALON

Very easy program once you get used to it!

Pros

I like the ease of it, the option of two different reminder settings, and the confirmation texts it automatically sends out for me.

Cons

A lot of moments where I go to select the time of appointment, and when I go back to finish the rest of appointment - I find it switches my time to a different one than I set. With the confirmation texts, I believe there should be a reschedule/cancellation option, then prompt the client to contact me directly.

Response from MyCuts

Replied May 2018

Brittany, thank you for your review! In our latest iOS update, we greatly improved the appointment time selection issue. Please email us at support@mycutsapp.com for further assistance.

Sela from Self Employed

Great!

Great overall experience though. Loved using the app

Pros

Free and amazing for being free. Used it to keep track of clients, appointments, notes and even lets you keep track of inventory super easily

Cons

Only allows a couple clients before needing an upgrade and doesn’t let you change some of the default questions

lindsey from Consumer Services

High quality app on a budget.

I am very happy with my purchase of My Cuts. All my clients love the reminder and confirmation texts.

Pros

I like the ability to have the app on both my phone and tablet. I like that the software breaks down subtotal, tax, tip and grand totals. I also love the functionality of the software. It’s easy to operate which is very important to me. The main reason why I bought this monthly software is because it confirms my appointments for me. That’s worth so much more in my industry.

Cons

I don’t like how the server is slow at times. It makes me worry. I do wish that I could break down my weekly and monthly totals easier. Maybe not using the dial like it has now.

Reasons for Choosing MyCuts

Reviews Price Meets my expectations Customer support is 100%! The app does exactly what it promises

Amanda from Hair by Amandalea

I love it! So much easier than pen and paper!!!

This works so well for booth rental. It allows me to enter unlimited clients as I can save all their info in one place!!!

Pros

Cons

I wish I could see my whole week on one screen without having to scroll left to right but that’s probably impossible with size of the screen.

Megan from Irish Eyes Mobile Salon

I've had a good experience using it so far.

The ability to have the majority of my important information at my fingertips.

Pros

I like that I can store my formulas for my clients. I also like that I can store the prices for my services.

Cons

It doesn't synce with my calendar, so I have to enter my appointments multiple times. It makes it inconvenient and time consuming

Claire from Claire's Chair

Very user friendly, some bugs though.

Pros

I like that I can add a new client from my phones contacts. I love that is also send reminder texts for me so I don't have to.

Cons

I don't like that the phone number isn't auto drafted over from my contacts when adding a new person. So if I need to text then from the app, I have to copy and paste the number into MyCuts. I have had a few wrong numbers in my records within my cuts because of this. And there seems to be a problem with the function that puts the time and date on the appointment. I have had clients text me many times to make sure I had the date correct rather than the one that that was sent to them in the reminder. And lastly, I think that if you change an appointment time the same day, it should ask you before sending the client another reminder. They usually understand what is happening as far as the time change because I have contacted them to move them up or down. I have had clients find it very irritating that the app send that many more reminders the same day.

Response from MyCuts

Replied May 2018

Claire, thank you for such a thorough review! Please check out the latest update to our iOS app that greatly improves the appointment time selection issue. Please email us at support@mycutsapp.com so we can get more details on the phone number issue so we can help out.

Rebecca from Stylemasters

I like the app. Sometimes it changes times without me knowing.

Pros

I love that it automatically reminds your client of their appointment.

Cons

You can't look up past appointments to formulas on the Mobile app. Sometimes the time automatically changes in 15 minute increments.

Response from MyCuts

Replied May 2018

Rebecca, thank you for your review! Please download the latest update to our iOS app that fixes the appointment time selection issue. To view past appointments for a client, there's several ways of doing it. One way is to swipe left on the appointment row, tap "More", then tap "View Client's Appointments.". Also, you can view hair formula and notes histories by tapping the history icons next to their labels when you view an appointment. Please email us at support@mycutsapp.com for further help.

America from Miranda Salon & Spa

Love

Pros

I absolutely love this app! I've used it for over a year. It's been really easy to use. My clients love that they get automatic reminders & confirmation texts. As a busy stylist, I am at ease with knowing that I don't have to take the time to contact my clients. I also love the latest updates of shortcuts! The color formula history & the last appointment history.

Cons

I really wish there was a way to upload client pictures to their profile! It would help a lot to put a face to the name. The app sometimes freezes & then says I have no appointments scheduled.

Lorrie from Salon Kaizen

I have used this app for my business for the past year. It is the best!

Pros

Everything! My appointments are always at my fingertips. I like that I can add services, with price and time. This app always reminds and confirms appointments. It keeps everything organized and professional. I rely on this app to help keep my business running smoothly and it has fulfilled every expectation!

Cons

I have only been in touch with customer service once. I was in a different time zone and some of my appointments were mixed up. Customer service quickly and happily handled the problem!

Erin from Hidden Beauty Hair and Nail Salon

Love this app! It's a great tool to keep me on track!!

Pros

I love that I can see my partners appts so we can schedule accordingly. My clients love the confirmation and reminder texts.

Cons

I wish that it kept track of client files, for example, date&time of last appt as well as what was scheduled and I would really like to be able to see all future appts that are scheduled.

Response from MyCuts

Replied May 2018

Erin, thank you for your review! There's a few ways to view a client's past and future appointments. One way is to simply search the appointment list by their name, and it will show you all of their appointments. Another way is to swipe left on an appointment row in the list, tap "More" and then "View Client's Appointments." Please email us at support@mycutsapp.com for further assistance.

Candice from Beauty by Candice Lauren

One of the best scheduling programs I've used

Pros

It's easy to set up, easy to use and my clients love the confirmation/reminder feature! Being able to add additional stylists and see everyone's schedule is such an added bonus!

Cons

There's not really much I don't like about this software. The only thing is that your unable to search your clients last appointment

Response from MyCuts

Replied May 2018

Candice, thank you for your review! There's a few ways to view the client's last appointment. One way is to swipe left on one of their appointments, tap "More" and then tap "View Client's Appointments." Another way is to simply search the appointment list by their name, which will show you all of their appointments. Please email us at support@mycutsapp.com for further assistance.

Samnang from Sammie Styles Salon

Industry: Cosmetics

Its ok... It does the job.. I wish there was a bit more functions and wish it looked visually nicer.

I use it to organize my life and my clients

Pros

I like how there are separate places for staff members and that it sends reminders. I like that there is a note section.

Cons

I don't like the look of it. and I also wish we can fully customize the reminder and confirmation notice.

Response from MyCuts

Replied May 2018

Samnang, thank you for your honest review! You can fully customize all of the reminder and confirmation messages. Just tap the "More" tab, then "Manage Client Notifications." From there, you'll see how you can customize all of the messages that are sent out to your clients. Please email us at support@mycutsapp.com for further assistance and suggestions how we can improve the look of the app.

Haley from Shear perfection

Has everything I need but can sometimes be hard to use.

Pros

This software has pretty much everything I need and I love that the layout is so easy to look at and use.

Cons

I wish there would be more shortcuts so that when I have to repeat an action I didn't have to continue to put everything in fully

Response from MyCuts

Replied May 2018

Haley, thank you for your suggestion! There are some shortcuts already built in that saves a lot of time. One of them "rebooking" an appointment. All of the information from the previous appointment is carried over to the new appointment, and all you have to do is change the date. Can you please email us at support@mycutsapp.com so we can get some more details on what kind of shortcuts you would like to see?

Chaqweila from Royal salon

I love this app

Pros

This app helps me keep track of all my appointments and how much I make monthly. And My Cuts helps me maintain a stable clientele, and keep up with my products that needs to be restocked. It's easy to use and affordable.

Tiffany from Hair With Flare

It's a great app

Pros

Client reminders Repeat booking Reports Style Client info Products Inventory Service Reminders Confirmations

Cons

Can't select the time of the client reminder delivery Can't prebook by clicking repeat for a certain day Can't block your calendar for certain days

Response from MyCuts

Replied May 2018

Tiffany, thank you for your review! In our latest update to our app, you can make any appointment a "blocker" which will help block out your calendar for certain days. Also, we greatly improved the recurring feature so that it shows at least a year out of their future recurring appointments. Please email us at support@mycutsapp.com for further assistance.

Sarah from Mountain Hairdresser

Easy, accessible, reliable, cost effective

Pros

Clear and simple. Easy access and great customer service. Very cost effective for small business like mine.

Cons

Wish it kept note of previous checkout totals. I often run specials so prices do change. I sometimes don't check client out every time!

Response from MyCuts

Replied May 2018

Sarah, thank you for your review. To view past appointments totals for a client, we recommend that you swipe left on an appointment in the list, then tap "More" and then "View Client's Appointments." This will show you all of their appointments, past and future and you can view each of their totals from there. Please email us at support@mycutsapp.com for further assistance.

Lara from Personal care

Industry: Cosmetics

It's the best cost efficient app I've used in the industry!

The best hairstyling app I've used! Super easy to use!

Pros

Love the new update! It has now allowed me to store my clients color formula. And my repeat clients now are in the calendar months ahead! I love how I can email my totals to myself every month which makes book keeping a snap!

Cons

Since the update several weeks ago, I honestly have nothing bad to say about this app. It's super easy to use!

Ashley from Ashley's Hair Warfare

I love this app. It makes my business and life run so easily.

Pros

My favorite thing about this software is the reminders. My clients love the text reminders. It has cut down on no shows for me as well. I also love the repeat appt option!

Cons

I only wish that the software would sync to my iPhone calendar. I use an Apple Watch to make it easier to communicate with clients while working, I would love to be able to view my next apt as well.

Lisa from J Denae salon

I am ac part time stylist. My cut has streamlined the appointment possess.

Pros

Ease of use, i like that it saves clients and has every thing right there. Making the clients next appointment is quick and easy.

Cons

The Formula that i used last time on a client doesn't update with the new appointment. I'd like to see that change. I currently still use client cards for this because it's easier. Also if i can't come in until a certain time I'd like to be able to block out that time with out entering the times like you can on a paper book.

Response from MyCuts

Replied May 2018

Lisa, thank you for your review! To carry over their previous formula, you can either rebook their last appointment or you can import their last appointment. To import their last appointment, swipe left on the client's name while editing an appointment and then tap "Import Appt." Also, when viewing an appointment, you can tap the history icons next to the "Hair Formula" and "Notes" labels to see their respective histories. Please email us at support@mycutsapp.com for further assistance.

Jennifer from JenniFUR's grooming by design

I use MyCuts for my dog grooming business and it works great to keep track of my appointments.

Pros

Easy to use and keep track of your clients and their appointments. I love (and my clients as well) the automatic confirmation and reminders, makes things so easy and cuts down on no shows.

Cons

After several updates since the start of using this app in late 2016, there really isn't anything I dislike about the app.

Elizabeth from Hairplay with Elizabeth

Easy to use. Inventory can be tedious but I like all the options for each client.

Pros

I love the reminders and the ability to save their formulas and add pricing to their appointments. I am glad it stores all my clients and I can make their appointment automatically revolve.

Cons

Inventory entry can be confusing get and complicated. Some schedulers are now offering their services for free (square appointments)

Response from MyCuts

Replied May 2018

Elizabeth, thank you for your review! Please email us at support@mycutsapp.com so we can help clear any confusion or complications you might be having with inventory.

Julie from Julie Michelle Temple Beauty

This software delivers and is well laid out and structured.

Cons

Response from MyCuts

Replied June 2018

Julie, thank you for the nice review! We do have a feature that lets you view money totals. Just tap the "More" tab button, and then under "Reports", tap "Appointment Totals." From there you can select any date range and it will show you a breakdown of several different totals for you.

Ginger from Uptown Hair by Ginger

Love this app! I keep my appt book with me everywhere I go. EASY PEASY!

Pros

Everything for the most part. Convenient and easy to use. Love that u can send mass text to clients!

Cons

When entering appt time, I have to make sure it stays the same. When I click DONE and view the appt I just set, sometimes it changes the time to AM OR PM (opposite of what I set) or changes the time.

Response from MyCuts

Replied May 2018

Ginger, thank you for your review! Please download the latest update to our iOS app that fixes the appointment time selection issue. Please email us at support@mycutsapp.com for more help.

Rick from Roshe' by Design

Easy to keep track of clients.

Keeping track of clients

Pros

Appointment notication. Keeping track of daily customers. Being able too look months on advance too see future business .recurring booking automatically done after each appointment.

Cons

N\A like everything. I have no cons.There is nothing that I like least. I have enjoyed My Cut This is like having a secretary. This program does all I expected and lots more. Best value for the money. Thanks so much, keep up the great work.

Angela from Hair & Bodyworks by Angela

Much easier to use than my previous software.

I like the eas of use from mobile and pc

Pros

Backs up automatically and I can access from pc or mobile. Can add items for retail. Has a tip section on clients bill.

Cons

Mobile doesn't have as much information accessible about clients as the pc version. Hard to search client info on the mobile version.

Destiny from Aveda

Great for Cosmo students

Pros

I am a Cosmo student who has been using this app for about 6 months now and I LOVE IT. paid features are targeted more towards salon managers (I.e. adding multiple stylists, tracking inventory) I think it’s an awesome way to start understanding how to build and organize clientele while booking services.

Cons

A clients color formula should go in the client profile and always show up when booking an appointment but does not

Tammy from Tammy's Nails Thomas Ok

Love this app helps me keep track of appointments when I am out of the salon

Pros

The ease of using it, it makes running my own salon easier to make appointments no matter when if I just use the app instead of having to carry a book around

Cons

Not being able to use it when I am in the phone unless I have WiFi. Would be better if I could no matter when or where

Terri from Connies

Love it. It is very easy to use.

Pros

It's a free app up to a point. But my needs are such that it is suffice. It's easy to add clients and their info.

Cons

I would like it to be connected to my calendars. I wish that you could have more than the allowed amount of clients and make it easier to send out notifications.

Wendelynn from Tips & Topz

Great like the format

Pros

Convenient, shares my info on all my devices so can go from phone to iPad with ease. Clear and love that it confirmed appointment and sends reminders also

Cons

Limited clients unless you buy more space or upgrade , and wish there was colour to ease appointments at a glance .

Danielle from The Hair Cellar

Love the app.! Makes my life so much easier!

Pros

Services and prices all added, can see you weekly and monthly totals, texts and email confirmations, user friendly

Cons

Can only choose as low as 48 hours for the text reminder. I would love an option to send one out 24hours as well!

Response from MyCuts

Replied April 2018

Danielle, thank you for such a great review! We would like to mention though that you can configure reminder texts to go out as little as one hour before their appointment. Please email us at support@mycutsapp.com for more information.

Cheril from Venus Salon & Spa

I love the flexibility of this , it is so much better than Style Seat

Pros

I can choose when the reminder msgs go out and that there are no 4-6 week reminders sent to clients. And the price is great

Cons

The time wheel is a little frustrating sometimes. I have to double check it to make sure it's the right time

Response from MyCuts

Replied May 2018

Cheril, thank you for your review! In our latest update to our iOS app, we greatly improved the appointment time selection issue. Please email us at support@mycutsapp.com for further assistance.

Kayla from Salon

Overall a great app!

Pros

I like that it will send reminders out to my clients. I like that I can text them directly from app.

Cons

It constantly changes the time I set by 30 min either direction. I wish it would connect to my contacts in my phone.

Response from MyCuts

Replied May 2018

Kayla, thank you for your review! Please download the latest update to our iOS app that fixes the appointment time selection issue. Please email us at support@mycutsapp.com for further help.

Lisa from Love My Hair

Easy to use.

Pros

It saves all my client info and makes it very easy for booking. I like the reminders and confirmation.

Cons

I wish there was a cancellation fee option for appointments. A no show fee option would also be great.

Pamela from Enchanted nails

The app is easy to use.

Pros

I like that it's user friendly. Love that it sends reminders to my clients, week before and the day before. Booking appointments is pretty easy.

Cons

I don't like that it will change the time I set for an appointment. If I put in say 9:00 it will randomly put in a completely different time. I usually catch it is change it before my client gets the wrong time. It's be nice if that could be fixed. So that appointment don't over lap as well without a warning letting you know.

Response from MyCuts

Replied May 2018

Pamela, thank you for your review! In our latest update to our iOS app, we fixed the appointment time selection issue. Also, we added an option make any appointment a "blocker" which helps in double-booking. Please email us at support@mycutsapp.com for further assistance.

Willa from Willalovesloccs

MCuts is the best!!! I use it every day. The ease of use and functionality is suberb.

Pros

The ease of use. I can schedule appointments weeks in advance.My fellow Stylists also were very impressed and also have this software.

Cons

Nothing. I'm very happy with this app.

Jocelyn from Arrive

Quick and easy

Pros

The simplest tool to use when needing screenshots.just a couple of taps and you’re done

Cons

Everything is great not hard to use and friendly to usersarq

Jeannette from Fadez Barbering & Styling

This app is great it reminds my clients that they have an appointment and enough time to resceduel

I can book appointments for my business and also can book for doctor appointments as well.

Pros

The reminders are great my clients love it gives them time if they have to reschedule..also I love the cost its affordable

Cons

I wish I could customize the reminder time for each client some like to be reminded a day b4 and 1hr is good for some

Courtney from Hair by Courtney Loran

Hair by Courtney Loran

Pros

Appointment Totals Text reminders Confirmation Reminders

Cons

Have to manually calculate taxes. Really annoying. Wish you could have tax calculate off totals

Savvas from Health, Wellness and Fitness

Love it

So far it's amazing and it's helping me alot and the client's feed back is good. Thanks

Pros

Everything is amazing. The customers like it cause they get reminders and I'm able to send individual messages or a broadcast to all the clients

Cons

Nothing so far. But I wish you can block off time with out making an event

Michelle from A Cut Above Salon LLC

Amazing App!

I don't have that many cancellations

Pros

My clients get reminder text about their appointments and that I'm able to customize the reminder texts

Cons

That is doesn't have a cancel appointment, you just have to delete the whole appointment. I want to be able to see the cancelled and no show appointments

Jennifer from J S salon

Good app,very user friendly

I'm able to keep my appointment in one place

Pros

It is very affordable. I am able to keep my appointments straight. I can find all my clients easily. I like being able to set appropriate time frames.

Cons

I wish l could see my appointments for the week with time frames with out changing screens.

Christianna from Accent On Beauté

Easy to use, basic needs are met

Pros

Contacts my clients and reminds them of their appointment. Schedule is clear and easy to read and understand. I also like the fact that you can add color formulas and then review them during my clients next appointment.

Cons

Does not allow for color processing time, also booking times generally glitch when making an appointment

Response from MyCuts

Replied May 2018

Christianna, thank you for your review! Please check out our latest update to our iOS app, because we greatly improved the appointment time selection issue. As far as color processing time, what some stylists do is add another service to the appointment called "Color Processing" and add the time it will take for that. Please email us at support@mycutsapp.com for further assistance.

Amanda from Sheas hair studio

My cuts review

I was so nervous to leave my paper apt book but it’s the best thing I have ever done !!! It’s easy to use the customer service is amazing !!

Pros

I love how easy this software is to use my clients love the reminders !!!

Cons

I have not found any aspect of this software that I dislike so far !!

Ashley from Always N Forever Salon

My cuts app review

My Overall experience has been very positive! My mom had been begging me for a couple years to get an app and I was extremely skeptical. But it has been worth all the money and time and I love it!

Pros

My favorite part about the app is the confirmation it will send to my clients. I also love that it will automatically put the time in under the category that I select for what service I will be doing on that client.

Cons

I wish that it would let me Reschedule a client differently. I also wish that it would allow me to write more in the texts. And when I select a client from my contacts it does not put in The clients phone number just the name.

BRANDON from BCB Photography and Beauty

I love keeping my book on me at all times and this helps me do that.

Being able to have my book on me at all times is great!

Pros

Love being able to book and appointment anywhere! Most of my clients txt me so that helps a lot! Love this!

Cons

Nothing really. I really dont have anything negative. It has worked great for me the whole time I've had it.