• Pros

• "Very user friendly. When downsizing my business of 14 years it was a smooth transition from having multiple user software to using single user software. The price was excellent."

• "Great software and very easy to use ! I love using my email template to reach to customer ."

• "I love that there are so many features and customer support is always quick to help. Their support chat is the best!"

• Cons

• "It is a little expensive but once you have it you wont look back. I cant say i have anything that im unhappy about with this programe."

• "Sometimes long waits when calling with issues, but rarely have the need for help with the system"

• "The function I like the least is the mobile version of Salon Iris. Unfortunately it doesn't work as well as I had hoped. "

Browse Salon Iris Reviews

Autumn from Seasons Salon and Day Spa

We've been partnered with Salon Iris for 9yrs now and Love everything about the software. Easy to us

Scheduling, details, customer service. Organizations

Pros

Easy to use, customizable, easy to teach, detailed, always improving, reports, user friendly , online scheduling.

Cons

The app costs extra money, updates we've lost data, doesn't have copy and paste option for appointments Anymore

Susan from Hollywood Clips Salon and Spa

Great salon software!

As a salon owner Ive searched for years for the PERFECT software. While there is no one perfect fit, Salon Iris fits the bill for us the closest! We have as many as 25 stylists a day to keep track of. This software makes it so easy to keep track of appointments and what rooms are needed to use. Appointments can be color coded depending on what service it is. Stylists can easily edit and book appointments from their phones or computers. Salon Iris offers amazing extras at no cost! Email receipts are so wonderful and convenient. Standing appointments make it easy to book your regulars for up to a year at a time. They also offer appointment reminders which really cuts down on no shoes and cancellations. You can search for availability for those walk ins and call ins. Salon iris is definitely a keeper! Weve looked at pretty much all of the software out there and this is the BEST Ive found!

Pros

Easy to use with options of drag and drop appointments, can schedule multiple stylists, can book different rooms for different services, email client receipts, appointment reminders.

Cons

Nothing! Its been great! I havent found anything that I havent liked. Been using it for 8 months and am still happy with it.

Reasons for Choosing Salon Iris

The added features were the deal maker. Its such an easy software to use and there so many bonuses!

Cassandra from Love and Hair Peace Salon

Best booking system hands down

Iris has been a godsend as far as what you have the ability to customize and see . The detail is incredible compared to all other booking systems . Sadly I almost got rid of iris due to their incompatibility with mac computers but after trying multiple other cloud based Booking systems I realized this they paled in comparison to what iris had to offer . I switched to their cloud version. It has been an adjustment as it doesnt offer all of the same features as their desktop version but it is still by far better than anything else out there .

Pros

I love this software . Its detail and your ability to completely control whatever you need do is unmatched . Everything from your reports to payroll to appointments / services/ products . I really cant say anything bad about the functionality of this system both software and cloud .

Cons

I do not like that their software is not compatible with a MAC computer . I had to run another program that aloud me to run windows on my Mac so I could use the software and if caused serious Problems with my computer causing it to crash regularly , get viruses and run extremely slow. We switched to their cloud version which has been a hard transition as it doesnt have all of the same functionality of their desktop version . I hope It will eventually .

Reasons for Choosing Salon Iris

Its features and functionality are far superior to anything else on the market

Nikki from Hair Extensions by Nikki

Been using salon iris 7 years

Overall I don't like salon iris and the only reason i havent switched to someone else is because they make it impossible to use the exported client file. So now im going to switch anyway and just type in my clients manually.

Pros

+The scheduling feature is on point. All of the options you need. The appointments drag easily. +Lots of reports to choose from

Cons

-Exporting clients is in a weird format and messes up, making it near impossible to leave salon iris -Your main computer has to be on with the program running in order to sign on to the mobile app. Ridiculous. -It only works with windows. In order to make it work with mac you have to download a program like parallels which takes up way too much space on the computer -If you want anything extra besides scheduling, for example: emailing clients, texting clients, etc.. they charge you like crazy. Seems money hungry -The company they require you to sign up with in order to accept credit cards through the program is ridiculously expensive and has horrible ratings online -It's more expensive than other alternatives that compare

Response from DaySmart Software

Replied March 2019

We are sorry to hear that you're unhappy with your purchase. A few clarifications on your "Cons": Windows is one platform on which we offer this service. Thousands use our cloud platform which allows for native Mac access. We have two card processors integrated with our systems and neither of them are required, nor are either of them "ridiculously expensive". Your main point seems to be data export, a simple process that any of our Support staff could walk you through. Salon Iris exports your entire client list to a text tab delimited file which can be easily imported into Excel for viewing purposes. It does "look weird" in text format but once loaded into Excel it is very easy to view. Open Excel and click and drag the file into Excel. You can also run a Client Report within the software that exports to Excel. Chose that option under Tools Export.

Joseph from Joey & Company Salon

Salon Iris Review

It's great that the client can have an interaction with the software Having the ability to view the appointment book without being in the salon

Pros

The ease of use, can be used immediately after unpacking Keep track of your financial health Tracks your product usage Gives you a great database of your clientele

Cons

When there is no internet, you cannot view your appointment book If the server is down so is the client (if you have more than one computer) No manual Too many add on's that cost you additional funds Weekly total's have to be done one day at a time No loyalty discounts for continued purchasing

Reasons for Choosing Salon Iris

Have the ability to own the software without additional fees or updates

tiffanie from Golden Touch Spa Barbados

Great Software for a Caribbean User

We have been using salon iris for 6 years . I love that the system updateds often they are always adding a new feature which is great for no additional cost. The points reward system given my customers loyal campaign for no additional cost.

Pros

I love the moblie feature for my spa to book appointment using there phones and she there shedule in real time

Cons

I wish as a administrator i could see more detail information using moblie . I wish the credit card functions would work for Caribbean countries so we could do more

Reasons for Choosing Salon Iris

The loyalty loints, moblie app and it features work great for Caribbean customers most software only work for us business

Jon from evoke salon

There's Nothing Similar!

Salon iris provides the MOST options within a platform on the market. We have access to unlimited amounts of data and that proves to be a HUGE factor in helping us develop our business strategy year over year.

Pros

We love the amount of customization that salon iris has! The ability to run reports on copious amounts of data that date back years and years is extremely beneficial to our business! We are able to better serve our clients because we can see the data over long periods of time. The customer service is like nowhere else! Everyone is always eager to help and genuinely interested in teaching you how to solve your problems. Each time we've needed assistance they go above and beyond! We love that they're constantly making updates to help us better communicate with our clients whether its through email or text marketing!

Cons

The only issue that we deal with on a daily basis is the online booking system. It is not as user friendly as it could be and that is the only area where the lack of control , that we have as a client, is difficult because we cannot best accommodate out customers. Due to the way we operate as a salon the online booking is more often a headache for staff and clients because clients see multiple stylists during their visit and the system just doesn't have the intelligence to condense appointments. OR separate each portion of the service. I would love to be able to chose certain services that are able to book on a 15 or 30 and have other services remain only able to book on the hour. We love that there is a mobile app but the interface is VERY different than the server version making it sometimes difficult or confusing when trying to operate the data base. Something that a few other platforms have, is customer apps where they can more easily access their personal information and appointments. Due to the fact that its an american software, understandably, Salon Iris uses american services such as card connect but because we are a Canadian business we have to find other ways of accepting deposits and credit card information. Overall the platform is a little dated and simple things like being able to have multiple windows open at once or being able to move windows around on the screen while they are open would be simple changes that make it a more user friendly experience.

Reasons for Choosing Salon Iris

While other systems may have an easier interface to navigate salon iris has been around longer and hasn't tried to over simplify their system to the point where we lose more than we gain. The customer service is beyond exceptional and we are always helped very quickly and effectively!

Pam from Academy of Salon Professionals

Reports discrepancies

Some of the reports are false cant use them and the information is key to growing my business

Pros

The ease of making reservations and text messaging has become more versatile. .............................

Cons

There are reports that are false and give me misinformation that I desperately need. for instance the rebook report counts the services not the tickets. We have stylists whos changes are based on their level. We have to go in to each service and change their service charges.

Reasons for Choosing Salon Iris

Could purchase not lease now Im on a month to month lease with Salon iris. So I have to admit Im looking elsewhere

Cornelia from Cornelia Skin-Care

No visible option {10 years ago) back in time

- Tech Service interested to push us on staying "STUPID" and spend lots of $$ instead to help us solve the glitch. - So, after such a long "partnership" we say to Salon Iris "Sayonara Boby" and move on. To all the users that need software for their work or salon: - Make a list of what exactly options do you need. - Google for those options and read other users' reviews. - Make sure you RUN a test for some time to see the + / - of the software. - Look at the Privacy and use of that particular software. - USE Square for your CC needs I'm not going to make advertising for the software we are using now but definitely is NOT Salon Iris. In the end, we wish all the best to DayDream Team and "speedy recovery" :)

Pros

Cover most of the needed day by day Salon & Spa Operation tasks. 10 years ago was not much tech or alternative available options.

Cons

Because we use this software 6 days a week for some years now, I have a chance to see what's NOT SO GOOD about it, and here are some of them: - The Software core was design back more than 10 years ago. - Very rigid with no option to add/remove any extensions that you need or not. - UI interface design do not change much over the years. - Very hoggy on computer resources, sometimes was needed lots of work to communicate with other computers or printers in the same network. - Company DaySmart does not lessen to clients need - IT Attitude, I know, What's new? - The credit card run was buggy and costly. - Reports need some work and coffee to come up with some tax documentation. - Recently the final straw. The email extension work on/off creating confusion among our clients.

Mendy from Beauty Services

Overall Salon iris is a blessing

Pros

i have been using salon iris for about 4 years now it has done wonders for me taking me from a pen and paper business to digitizing my appointments, Customer service is a breeze (most of the time) short hold.

Cons

2 important think i would like to see added to this software and then this will be the best spa software out there a better online booking and intake and treatment record option

SUMMER from Eclipse Salon

I used this product for 3 years

I found the help desk very difficult to deal with. They sell a product worldwide but only provide USA office hours to receive calls. When I sold the business we had to phone them a NUMBER of times to change the owner and credit card details. No matter what we did it defaulted to me. I felt the help desk to be not that helpful. The software is actually too difficult to use for the majority of salon staff. I think if I would have known how difficult it was to use and if I had found a simpler, more easy to use one I would have chosen that one.

Pros

I liked that you could save a lot of data and be able to analyze it later on. Once you get the hang of certain features it was easy to use.. I liked that I could use the app on my phone. This was a useful feature.

Cons

Even at the end of 3 years I don't think I really got a grasp on the actual capabilities of the software... it is actually not easy to use. A lot of the features that I was able to decipher were not logical. Although highly adaptable, there are some aspects that bizarrely are not. Inventory was a disaster. The system was also slow, in terms of just logging a single transaction took time. I really disliked that I could not use the app out of hours as the system needed to be on and connected to the internet to use. I also didn't like that it was that expensive to use the app. The app often froze and needed restarting, it was not as stable as the salon iris software itself.

Reasons for Choosing Salon Iris

Iris comes with a strong promotion, word of mouth. It can also be used abroad, our salon was in Kuwait and we were able to change the settings of the currency to KD and 3 digits after zero. Many pre-made software don't do that. But in this case, we honestly didn't find another as well respected as salon iris.

Paul from STUDIO 26 SALON

Amazing Software

It has been an amazing experience. I have had no issues and any questions I have are always answered in a very timely and professional manner.

Pros

This has been one of the best investments to my business since I started using it in 2006. It has helped me grow and manage my salon better than I thought. The thing I like most is how I can customize it to my business.

Cons

I don't know what to put here because nothing pops into my head. I have been happy and honestly cannot come up with anything.

Reasons for Choosing Salon Iris

I liked the overall flow of Salon Iris and the customization. Also, I was impressed with the support.

Michelle from Synergy artistic salon

Great if you want long term

The program is too big for practical use.once you find a device that has enough power,the program has issues Plus your data is held hostage.if you go other software and transfer data it gets really messed up.

Pros

The inventory management is great and useful. worked with my website for online booking. Blah blah blah

Cons

Cannot be used on a microsoft surface.font is tiny and certain features dont work. They dont have enough technology to fix their problems. Tons of problems.

Reasons for Choosing Salon Iris

At the time I needed that level of detail

Carissa from Killer Beauty

Disorganized/Manipulative Practice/Horrible Customer Service

I had them because they are cheap and now it makes sense, they dont care about quality only quantity. They have a lot of issues with their apps, customer service, and reports. Overall not reliable to me.

Pros

I like how your clients get text reminders. Helps a lot!

Cons

The company overall seems very disorganized. I had a small issue that is now taking days to figure out because I get a different story each time I reach out to their employees. I'm leaving them. I'd rather pay more and get a better service.

Price

KITWANA from Sache Beauty Studio LLC

Great Product.

I have been using this software for over seven years now. They have improved greatly over the years and I like that they are constantly upgrading and improving to provide more options and be more user friendly.

Pros

Very user friendly. This software is a life saver. Keeps all stylist calendars organized. It is fully customizable.

Cons

Some of the a la carte items are a bit pricey.

Reasons for Choosing Salon Iris

I just followed my instinct. So far it has done wonders in helping me manage and grow my business.

Karie from Palazzo Salon & Spa Inc.

Salon Iris pros/cons

It has improved with the new "premium support" but I have certainly had my challenges with the tech team department. Issues with taking the client seriously when they are having an issue and not making them feel like it's their fault. My only other complaint would be the time it takes to either make fixes or to implement suggestions. But I love the monthly rate with unlimited support feature. I love how I can always get the latest version with the monthly rate.

Pros

I like the ease of using this program and the multiple reports it has. I like how it can help keep our business organised and like that I can upload digital client consent forms to their profile. My staff love the SI app where they can manage their schedules and book clients in while they are out and about.

Cons

The payroll program needs to be functional for Canadians and also wanting the online booking system to take credit cards when a client books an appointment, at least for all new clients.

Necia from B.A.A.B.S. Boutique and Beauty Bar

Great Option

Overall experience has been good . The system ya upgraded within the 7 years of using it; ready for some more web based features.

Pros

I like how everything is included in one software vs. having to have separate systems ex. Texting reminders and marketing features.

Cons

Wish the system integrated with my website for one whole inventory tracking. Or had an app add on.

Support features

REBECCA from Midtown Hair Co

Costly but effective

We have had our ups and downs in the past, again we pay top dollar so we can get the support when needed but other brands include so much more for less.

Pros

I have had it so long I am very familiar with it.

Cons

Very expensive compared to other brands, anything you want or need is an additional charge.

Reasons for Choosing Salon Iris

Already had it was too hard to switch out all of our info at the time.

Stacey from The Salon at Winter Park

Very good software

Has been quite expensive but overall a really good system.

Pros

Love the inventory feature. Online schedule access is great!

Cons

Maybe outdated software. Can be glitchy. New how's are a nightmare for implementing into system in respect to product commission excelsior and backbar exceptions.

Reasons for Choosing Salon Iris

I honestly don't remember.

Heather from The Hair'em and Nail'em

Good product for running a salon

It's great for what I do with it. My stylists like it and I can ring up sales easily

Pros

Easy to use, not scary for new employees to learn, simplicity of use. There are many more functions available but I am able to pick and choose what works best for me.

Cons

Things get moved around during updates and I can't find where to make the changes again. They keep trying to sell me more marketing things. I respect the fact that you want to help grow my business but I don't have the time to learn the new stuff, figure out how to use it and then continue to pay for a program that I am not using because I haven't had time to figure it out or be able to sit on a call and have some one teach me. All inclusive and in one spot with ease of use is what I a looking for.

Reasons for Choosing Salon Iris

Ease of use at the time. Cost

Kim from K McElroy Salon

Industry: Cosmetics

Beware if you purchase this outright! They hold you hostage with updates.

The overall program was great, the support staff have always been helpful and friendly but I can not recommend this program due to the high amount of money that I spent first to purchase it then paying a monthly fee which was not in orginal plan and then being told that I lose all records once i discontinue use. I feel cheated and taken advantage of.

Pros

Well suited for the beauty business of hairdressing.

Cons

After purchasing outright, I was charged over and over for updates and after paying monthly for the updates to keep my records available, I was told that once I stop paying monthly that my existing records would no longer be available to me.

Reasons for Choosing Salon Iris

At the time it appeared to be exactly what I needed to run my Salon business. I had no idea that they would manipulate the information that I held and hold it hostage.

Ben from Journey Salon and Day Spa

Long history, but time for updates

Salon Iris does a great job of keeping my salon running smoothly. There are features that would be nice, but it is hard to beat the stability and track record of Salon Iris.

Pros

Salon Iris is very mature which results in a mostly bug free software. The installed Windows application is the most feature rich, and allows customizing to your specific salon.

Cons

The web application and the iOS app are different from each other, and they are different than the desktop site. When I am away from work I often have to switch between both in order to accomplish something. The software is long overdue for a complete update/overhaul to bring it into the 21st century. The support is ok for normal problems, but there is little work being done on feature requests or getting customer feedback on new features.

Frederick from Youphoria LLC

Excellent multi-faceted software

Salon Iris helps us to quickly and efficiently enter client info and check them out. The reporting available has made it easy to track and improve team and individual performance.

Pros

Easy to use, comprehensive, meets all the needs of a full-service salon and spa. Love the text and email reminders and customer support!

Cons

The ability to send text receipts for checkout in addition to the already available email receipts would be nice. Could use a better inventory tracking system.

UMARIN from SELF INDULGENCE SPA

Great software but need additonal features

I have been with Salon iris for over 12 years. I hope there will be more improvement for marketing, online giftcard and free sms and emails to employees. I got charged a lot in months in use them. Very expensive for small business.

Pros

user friendly, serve all basic needs for spa. Very easy to train to staff and used by clients online. I will suggest anyone who is not the tech savy to use salon iris over other software.

Cons

1. You cannot offer complicated package like another software, integrating package usage for same households 2. no intake form and sales offer online. 3.Cannot use if the main computer is off.

Reasons for Choosing Salon Iris

12 years ago salon iris is the best choice. For today, if the company had not given the special price to me, I probably left to vagaro.

Priscilla from Pure indulgence

Must have

Keeping stock take, showing everyones clients on 1 screen is a bonus so ithers know when they are free of busy. Keeping a record of the sales and transactions.

Pros

Super easy to use, adding clients changing times, paying for the service it all runs smoothly. I like how it keeps track throught the day, showing late customers no shows and then checking them in when they arrive. Keeping track of products on the system so you know how many you have left if your not so good at stock counting all the time. Just a really easy simple to use nice looking programe.

judith from Ritz Hair Design

9+ years of use

Salon iris has helped substantially with my day to day salon duties and reports. I can be a self-sufficient as I choose to be, and I always know exactly whats happening with my business.

Pros

This software was simple to set up and easy to learn. I use all the features from booking appointments, to doing my own payroll. The added features of on-line booking and reminder texts are appreciated by our clients.

Cons

It is frustrating now that we have changed to the cloud based system that there is sometime a lag in switching from screen to screen. It also came as a surprise that with my upgrade, I could no longer easily export reports to QuickBooks. I can, but it is more of. Process now.

Luis from Sovellasalon

Awesome

Great

Pros

Cons

Reliability , easy to use , emails , online service

Denise from Headdress Salon

Industry: Individual & Family Services

Best salon software

It has my tax reports for my business and most of all the reminders that are sent out the day before so it decreases the amount of "no shows".

Pros

Client reminders, clients history and reports for end of the year taxes. Everything is at a touch of a button in this software.

Cons

Sometimes when I am using my iphone to schedule a client it puts the time and day I'm on at the moment. I always click on the day and time I want (and at times it does works) but most of the time it does not.

Jenny from J esthetics

A Salon must have!

I love that Salon Iris is easy to use. It's simplified my business and my life. I no longer spend hours getting back to emails from my clients asking for appointments due to the simple, easy to use book online function. I'm able to keep track of inventory, sales, and it makes my tax season a breeze. Not to mention the reminder emails!! I no longer have to spend time at the end of my day, when I'm tired and just want to go home, calling clients to remind them of their appointments.

Pros

The function I like the best out of Salon Iris is the book online option. It's made my life so much easier!

Ayla from cosmetics

Gets the job done

Overall I have a good experience with Salon Iris, but I feel there is much room to improve in the ease of function and navigation.

Pros

The mobile accessibility and features like DemandForce for email and text messaging services, although I think the Salon Iris/DemandForce connection and compatibility could greatly improve.

Cons

Viewed from a desktop computer the system cuts off words thus making it difficult to read. Navigating various features like reports and email/text messages are difficult to navigate.

Reasons for Choosing Salon Iris

Seemed cheaper for a small business like mine (only one person). I dont need a lot of bells and whistles.

May 2014

Vivian from Va Nail Salon

May 2014

I reviewed this item several years ago. I just wanted to update to clients looking or salon software. Salon Iris is a great expensive software for those looking for reports, payroll, booking, online booking options and mobile booking. Online booking is $30 extra. Mobile access is $9 per tech extra. To store data in "the cloud" it is $19 extra, get it cause I lost data twice. This is a good overall complete salon booking & POS program if you don't mind paying several hundreds of dollars to upgrade every 2-3 years. They need to upgrade their online booking software with mobile app access for clients and work out the kinks in the mobile app that they started a few years ago based on feedback from actual users. Pros: Very professional system. Marketing options. Free email & text reminders that you can edit. Multiple up to three services to book at one time online, not many software systems offer that. Great record options for sales, inventory and payroll. Somewhat easy to use online booking. Offers resource options to avoid double booking equipment/rooms. Offers POS options like a register. It will take a while to learn the system but they offer easy instructions and videos to learn how to use each service. The online booking option offers a nice website. They give an option to pay monthly for their software with a key you must enter monthly. Cons: Can't delete mobile appointments. Purchasing the system does not end after the buy. After purchasing the system I have paid $500-800 to upgrade twice since my original purchase in 2008. I did not pay for the last upgrade a few years ago. Upgrades can crash an old computer so you must use an updated computer for this software. The online booking website has not been updated/upgraded for over 8 years. Double books appointments when booking online. The company offers limited assistance until it's "upgrading time". Then you must pay for help and get no more upgrades.

james from TEEZ Hair Studio

Industry: Writing and Editing

Decent but there are better options

There is better for the price

Pros

I liked the ease of use, and credit card processing is really nice. The online booking system is user friendly, not pretty but user friendly. Customer support is also great.

Cons

You can not ring out two people together, I own a salon and that makes things difficult. Storing a credit card is cumbersome and not easy. The reports are severely lacking if you are someone who is growing a staff. I have to calculate a lot of numbers myself. You can not print off travelers which is annoying when making changes to pricing and color formulas etc. not convenient for a busy salon environment. You can do somethings on the mobile app that you cant do on the desktop and vice versa. Although the initial customer support was nice,when I would ask for things all I would get back would be our installed version does that, if I wanted that version I would not have gotten the cloud. I like the cloud but there coding is quite dated and cant keep up.

Reasons for Choosing Salon Iris

Lots of promises of things to come that are not panning out and the customer service are of no help.

John from Vivid Hair Boutique

4th year using the software that creates intermittent errors in calculating totals on invoices.

Works well as long as you have a system in place to monitor errors and know how to correct the errors. We currently still use the software

Pros

Easy to use and would be fantastic if the software team could resolve a couple of issues we've had. We still use the software as we are aware of it's flaw and can be easily corrected.

Cons

Salon Iris software occasionally creates errors in calculating totals on tickets (receipts). For example... the last error we found was an invoice that did not include the tax in the total for the client to pay. Instead it showed the tax as a change amount to return to the client. Salon Iris customer support can never recreate the multiple errors we have found and therefore can not send an update to fix the problem. I suggest current users to check the sales and taxes charged balance with the money collected each day to verify there have been no errors. If you find an error... you can easily correct it be editing the ticket, delete and re-enter a service, product or tip and the software will auto correct it's error. Also would not produce a report that was request by a government auditor that asked us for a single report to show... invoice no., date, product purchase, service purchase, tax 1 and tax 2 for a specific time period We are using version 10 and will update once issues have been addressed. Otherwise, we may look for an alternative.

Steve from Moxie Style

I'm a BIG fan of Salon Iris

I genuinely like the pay-as-you-go model they offer. Features get added without my having to do much and my monthly costs are pretty predictable. The interface is very Windowsy (if that's a word) but there is a LOT of functionality built into Salon iris so I can understand not having the super interfaces I've seen in some other salon solutions - which were easy to use, but didn't do as much. Also, L-O-V-E the customer service people when I do have a question.

Pros

Powerful functionality that runs more than "just my appointment book"

Cons

Interface looks a lot like Microsoft apps, so lots of nested menus to work through

Melissa from Absolutely Fabulous

Industry: Cosmetics

Pros

I have found Salon Iris easy to you. Support is always there and take a few minutes to get back to you if you have to wait on hold

Cons

I wish there was more ways to keep track on each stylists commission and have more ways to help them reach their goals by pop up to compare hours to commissioner .

Reasons for Choosing Salon Iris

I have worked with other softwares and when I took over the business it was just very easy to stay with the software and also used for a few years

Melanie from Integrity Salon

Salon Iris

I love being able to schedule from the app and have it connected to the salon computer. All the features are easy to use. The help section is very informative and covers everything.

Pros

Its easy to use with tons of options to support my business. I love having an app. Tons of reports for anything business related.

Cons

I dont appreciate not being able to choose my provider for credit card services. There are so many reports available to use that I dont even utilize because it takes time to learn it all.

Athena from Living elements day spa and salon

Industry: Photography

I love that I have my work schedule in the palm of my hand. I have had excellent customer support.

Convenience of doing business even when I am not home as I live in a small city and bump into client who decide on the fly to book an appointment and I can do that for them .

Pros

That I can sell a gift certificate or book a client to look up a previous purchases any where that I may be .

Cons

I get very annoyed when my WiFi at home gets turned off because I have teenagers and I can not access my program in a perfect world the program would work even without the main computer on ... can this possibly be solved ;)

Valeita from Spa Girl

15 years of salon iris

I have been very dependent on Salon Iris for 15 years. I have went from desktop computers to managing everything from my phone all over the world. Salon iris has never let me down.

Pros

Cons

I lost all client and financial history when transitioning from multiple users to the single user software.

Salon Iris Review

Pros

The ability to monitor inventory, keep track of sales, produce marketing plans, personalize client information for record keeping purposes, and control appointment scheduling along with sending reminders all from one single program.

Cons

What I liked least about this software was the delay between mobile scheduling and desktop scheduling. The system would also allow for you to overbook when scheduling services for clients.

Alexandra from Cosmetics

Salon Iris

I had an overall great experience with Salon Iris! I will definitely be recommending this software to other salon owners/hair stylists.

Pros

I liked being able to track my own personal numbers and data for the day/week/month. It made tracking my goals a lot more organized and easy. Everything is straight forward and it makes for a smooth experience from our guests entrance to our guests exit.

Cons

What I liked least about Salon Iris is sometimes the projected numbers werent the most accurate because things would change throughout the day and the software wouldnt pick up on certain combinations.

REINALDO from PRODUCTS & COMPANY

Salon Iris Review

With Salon Iris we have the ability to keep the appointments organized.

Pros

What I liked the most was how fairly easy it is to use. Making appointments, adding formulas, sending out marketing messages, etc.

Cons

What I don't like about the website is at times when an appointment time is changed all the other appointments shift. So, we have to be very careful that once we are done editing an appointment everything has stayed the same.

Lori from WILD on CHERRY, LLC

Good product but some things are missing.

Pros

Salon Iris satisfies most of our salon needs.

Cons

Inability to integrate with Quickbooks efficiently or easily. Inability to search for an open time block by stylist.

Response from DaySmart Software

Replied July 2019

Thanks for your review Lori. We do appreciate your long standing use of Salon Iris. We recently introduced a QuickBooks Online Connector that you might want to take a look at - it continuously syncs your tickets/transactions to your QuickBooks Online account, it sounds like this is something your're looking for.

Bruce from Maxim Nails & Day Spa

Industry: Newspapers

Michael Carroll

I am happy to say that I'm glad I selected to use IRIS software to help manage my company over your competitors. Moreover, my partners and I are happy with the support department. We had one bad experienced with a technical support member but when our rep called us back to apologize and spent 1.57 hour to help guide us to better understand the software. Our rep is very patient and took his time walk us through the process of setting up the software and took his time showing us the great things IRIS offers that we didn't know about. Our rep is exactly what Customer Satisfaction truly means. Thank You and please keep up the GREAT job!

Pros

Customers tracking, Taxes, appointment reminders. Many options and features.

Cons

Cash draw opens on credit card purchase and the "comments" on the ticket does not show on the ticket when printed. The "comments" actually important to us and probably to other users.

Sarah from New Directions Salon

I'm overall happy w Salon Iris. Easy to use. It's fairly quick to make an appointment or check etc

Pros

I think the remote access on my phone is the best thing about SI. It's super convenient and makes sense for making appointments theses days. Clients like to message me all hours of the day week.

Cons

I think it may be a good idea to customize the display of the screen. There is quite a few options that we don't use and it would be nice to simplify the view and easier to navigate with less options.

Car from Hair By Cara

Hair salon use

I started using salon iris when I was a booth renter. I now have my own salon and added staff onto it. It keeps me organized. Easy to use.

Pros

I live the appointment reminders and confirmation feature sent to my clients. Saves me lots of time having to call my clients.

Cons

I wish I could text back and forth within sain iris to my clients. So I dont have to use my personal phone.

Reasons for Choosing Salon Iris

Was recommenced by a friend.

Renetta from In Style Salon

Salon iris is a great product for booking and products. Simple and very user friendly.

Pros

Anyone can book a service once you have information imput into software. If there are mistakes you know when it was entered day and time. Love to text and email reminders. It cuts down on no show appointments or reschedule issues. You can send out email and text special s.

Cons

Little time consuming entering all information. Closing out day was a little hard to figure out for what I needed.

Barbara from Classic Cuts Salon

Best company ever!!!

I am blow away with the customer support from Salon Iris. The politeness of support staff, the patience that they have show with me and my staff getting our new Salon Iris system up and going , all has been incredible. I want to especially thank our personal support person , . (yes you get a PERSONAL support person), he continually goes out of his way to call and check on us, to see how things are going, and if we need any assistance. All staff are the most polite and kind company members I have ever had the pleasure to work with. We love our software, and are finding more and more great reports and features that we never had in the past. Using our phones for Remote booking of appointments in our small town is great, and super easy feature to use. From the client ticket you are able to Drag and move appointments on the main screen, edit clients information, see a full month to month calander to the left side of the screen ,. From staff page you can change prices charged for each stylist , change time for each stylist for each service with a few clicks. Also able to change the width of each staff members column so you can see all your staff on one screen without having to scroll. Staff scheduled hours is so easy to enter, and so easy to adjust.. even months in advanced. Back office and totals are so easy, I can see with one click all the totals for the day, and even broken down by the exact service or product purchased . We are learning more new features everyday, and all sooooo easy to use, this system has surpassed all my expectations and more! YOU ROCK SALON IRIS!!!!

Wendy from Hair Architects Salon

Industry: Individual & Family Services

Salon Iris

This has worked well for me for the past 15 years are so. So why change it...

Pros

Keeps track of all my data and easy for quarterly and end of year taxes. Keeps track of all my client info.

Cons

I dont like that after I close a ticket I cant reopen and edit it. And I cant close a ticket and book it at the same time now I have to book it first not a fan that just changed it an update recently.

Chelsea from Salon 180

Newest version has some flaws

Overall- I like the program and would recommend to other salons!

Pros

Cons

The newest version, in my opinion, has some flaws. The client search feature when adding a ticket limits you and is more difficult to find a client quickly. The app is clunky and not always easy to use.

Melanie from Breckenridge Hair Company

I have my own customer support person!

Salon Iris is easy to use and does everything! I always need support and it's great to have David! He has been assigned our company so I always have the same person! He knows our salon and people and the things we are working on. He is amazing! My favorite part of salon iris!

Pros

This program does everything!!!

Cons

The inventory... boo! If you ring up something to check the price it still takes it out of inventory even if you void it off.