All Vagaro Reviews

Federico

Banking, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2023

Great tool to Manage your Appointments and Scheduling

The Vagaro solution has really exceed our expectations, we needed a solution to schedule, update and follow up our consultants appointments and this tools has become a part of our day to day operations.

PROS

Excellent tool to book appointments online, very easy to use and implement. Saved us a lot of money increasing the efficiency from our consultants performance. Our [sensitive content hidden]receive confirmations and reminders, really supporting our business.

CONS

The main issue is the price, I believe it could be a little lower, they charge per user. A free version would be awesome!

Reason for choosing Vagaro

While doing the cost-benefit analysis Vagaro otained the highest value.

Reasons for switching to Vagaro

We changed from having our schedules in Microsoft Outlook because we needed a specialized tool that help us become more time efficient.

Julie

Hospital & Health Care, 5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed July 2023

Excellent time management tool for startups and SMEs

Through the years, I've tried a number of other online scheduling tools, but Vagaro is far and away the finest option for companies of any size. Vagaro has considered every detail, including cost, usability, online tutorial videos, quality customer service, and a plethora of customizable features like gift card and credit card integration, as well as email and marketing tools.

PROS

Excellent service is a major selling point for me. Their instant messaging service is quick and simple to use. The program is constantly updated, making it seem better and better while improving its functionality.

CONS

I'm not sure I have many complaints because they seem to listen to their consumers and address any issues that arise. The biggest challenge has been teaching customers how to properly pronounce the name.

Reasons for switching to Vagaro

Clients' willingness to take charge of their own appointment scheduling over the Internet has grown over time. Vagaro's user-friendly technology makes hiring additional scheduling help unnecessary.

Scott

Alternative Medicine, 2-10 employees

Don't Waste Your Time

PROS

It looks great. I switched from a different EHR because this looked like it had more options, better options.

CONS

You can't fully set up your profile until you migrate you information over. Once you do that, you cannot do it again, so if you are continuing to use your old software while to get Vagaro setup, you can't update it again later. If you cancel, they continue to charge you, even if aren't using it, or can't use it. The promise features that are still in development, so when you try to incorporate them, you're told they are not available yet. Just offer a good product and and let people leave if it doesn't work. Charging on the front end before you get set up, and charge them again when they try and leave, just so annoying!

Reasons for switching to Vagaro

Thought this would work better. Never got a chance to compare

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We would like to clarify a few points to ensure there is no confusion. You can set up your profile without completing the data migration first. If you're using your old software while setting up Vagaro, ensure your data is fully transferred before completing the migration. If an additional import is needed you can let our imports team know what additional data may need to be transferred. You can cancel your account at any time, though signing up with a merchant account does involve a 12-month contract. You should not be charged if you cancel your account. If this has happened, please contact our support team to investigate this matter. We are very transparent with all the features we offer and are always enhancing our software. If you have any further concerns, please feel free to reach out to us!

Replied June 2024

1 employee

Reviewed April 2024

Vagaro gets the job done.. ALWAYS SEEM TO IMPROVE

Overall it has been satisfactory, which is why I am still here. The inconvenience of setting up another platform has not been worth the move to another platform

PROS

Ease of use, consistency of good customer service and added features

CONS

High email/text marketing costs, high rates to process payments, inability to credit/rollover unused portion of marketing plan ( ie. if I pay for 5k emails and only use 2k, it would be nice to allow rollover of unused portion) Especially due to the fact that there have been many glitches or unexplained sends that were not actually sent!! We have so much wasted money due to this

Reasons for switching to Vagaro

Growth of our company caused new feature requirements.

Anquette

Entertainment, 1 employee

Used monthly for less than 12 months

Awesome Scheduling

I’ve had a Great overall experience with Vagaro.

PROS

easy navigation , convenient booking and scheduling

CONS

There’s nothing I dislike about Vagaro at the moment

Reasons for switching to Vagaro

Needed to find a better way for scheduling/booking m.

Md Alam

Marketing and Advertising, 1 employee

Reviewed June 2024

Best Place to book your selfcare appointments

Best place for self care appointment scheduling, once a new customer book's an appointment the next time he don't need to worry about anything as all information are stored. Robust for dealing with every thing.

PROS

All in one solutions for selfcare with easy user interface, robust for managing appointments, class, staff, scheduling.

CONS

The landing is little bit slow, with the service offered if there is gif of service even in small size will be great.

Tammy

Cosmetics, 1 employee

So easy to Navigate

PROS

This is such an easy app to navigate, for me and for my clients. I have tried another site and it was confusing for me.

CONS

There is not a negative thing I can say about Vagaro

Jasmine

Food & Beverages, 11-50 employees

Reviewed July 2024

easy appointment scheduling with great interface

PROS

quick set up, very user friendly, and great analytics

CONS

not as customizable as we would have hoped, but overall not a huge drawback.

Kristen

Used monthly for less than 2 years

Reviewed July 2024

Great but could use a few bug fixes.

PROS

What I like most is how easy it is so set up an appointment and select a service.

CONS

Making an account and logging in can be quite difficult. Also, making any adjustments to a appointment can be a pain.

10,000+ employees

okay product

PROS

I can set appointments easily with this.

CONS

hard to set up in the beginning but easy to use

Cassandra

Reviewed February 2020

Easy to use / lacking functionality

I used Vagaro for a couple years but got rid of it because of how often their site would crash or freeze. I gave it another try after years with a desktop software because I was looking for a cloud based booking company . It was catostrophic to my salon . They didn’t transfer most of what was promised ( that I paid for) . I spend 3 days transferring all of my own things ( services products etc) then when I ran my payroll was all calculated wrong by hundreds of dollars . No one could tell me why . If is impossible to get a hold of anyone to speak to when you need help and when how do finally they act like they could care less. The functionality and detail just is not there ,

PROS

It was very easy to use and figure out without and specific training . I also like the online booking features and website they give you.

CONS

There is no ability to void any transaction when a mistake is made . Also their customer service is awful . Also I was led to believe they had a time clock when in actuality their do not unless you make an additional purchase of cards and a swipe machine .

Reason for choosing Vagaro

I did not choose it. I ended up using a cloud based version of salon iris .

Reasons for switching to Vagaro

I was looking for a cloud based booking system as opposed to a software one

Jessica

Reviewed January 2023

Over the past four years, Vagaro has been a huge help for me!

I have never had any problems in communications with Vagaro. They have always sent advance notice when they will not be in the office. Customer service has been excellent with rapid response any time that I have needed them. This is an excellent software to use for someone like myself, who is busy and running the business on my own.

PROS

Vagaro is an excellent, simple, moderate-budget scheduling tool. There are add-on options that can improve your reach and your marketing, depending upon how much you need. They have improved their scheduling capabilities for fitness studio owners/administrators. As for set-up, on-ramping is simple and does not require long hours of education.

CONS

I have had a lot of trouble getting the clients to use the software on their end. They haven't found it too user-friendly, but I do work with an older generation. I get about 50% compliance with account and scheduling tasks. It would be so helpful if a video were developed so they can easily set up on their own.

Reason for choosing Vagaro

Vagaro had simplicity and pricing for a business owner that was trying to simplify her tasks and shrink her business at the same time.

Reasons for switching to Vagaro

MindBody was getting outrageously expensive. And they had WAY too many features that I was not interested in using. It got very complicated, very quickly.

Hestin

Reviewed May 2024

Unreliable Software with Limited Support

I was so excited to use this program, but the lack of customer support and the basic functionality of their features make this a subpar product. Considering Mangomint and Fresha.

PROS

Initially, I thought this was going to be our all in one software. I looked at about 15 alternates and decided to choose Vagaro, despite it being a bit slower to operate than others, a clunky UI, and some missing features. Overall, I thought it had what I needed.

CONS

Where do I start..? I’m going to cover their main issue. The application is extremely unreliable and I cannot trust this application at all. I am very good with technology and report analysis. I have pulled various reports out of Vagaro that reflect completely inaccurate information, including their payroll reports. The gross pay amounts change each time you refresh the page - not kidding. My commissioned employees clock in and out and their hours are not reflected on the payroll report, causing state taxes to be underpaid and putting my business at risk. Don’t bother reaching out to customer support because they will shrug it off as a non-issue and claim you are operating things incorrectly. They’ll tell you that a feature request will be submitted on your behalf. Falls on deaf ears. Unreal. UI - The application frequently freezes up, screens lock you into a window, forcing you to refresh the page, losing all information contained. Setup - limited capabilities here so this will work fine if you are a basic salon. If you have any intricacies at all, don’t bother.

Reason for choosing Vagaro

All in one - I thought. Cost was competitive as well.

Thank you for your candid feedback. Our team is actively working with you to resolve these issues. We take your concerns about the payroll reports, employee hours, and overall reliability seriously and are committed to finding a solution. We understand the impact this has on your business and are dedicated to addressing and resolving these problems. If you have any additional questions, please reach out to us. We're here to support you and ensure your business operations run smoothly. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We value your feedback and are committed to making this matter right.

Replied May 2024

Kyesolyn

Reviewed January 2020

My Search For Software Is Finally Over

Using Vagaro I've found that it puts me at ease and I no longer stress about confirmations, keeping up with clients schedule for services, I am able to get deposits, clients can book themselves according to the availability that have, I can offer specials/discounts and know that they are not only sent to clients but announced on the site. Using Vagaro has definitely help making marketing much easier.

PROS

The Vagaro Software is very easy to use and has a video tutorial option for anything you aren't sure about as well as customer service persons on hand. After reviewing and researching multiple programs I decided to give Vagaro a try because they have excellent reviews, extensive options for all areas of business that allows for growth, reports to follow sales patterns, customization for services and sales, free software for credit card charges when you sign up for services and so much more. Best of all, it won't break the bank and they continuously offer suggestions on how to increase sales and bring in more clients.

CONS

There aren't really any cons that I haven't been able to get help with via tutorial videos. If anything, there are so many options that I haven't learned everything the system can do after nearly 6 months. I feel like the system lags sometimes, but I cannot say for sure if it's the system or my connections.

Reason for choosing Vagaro

Ease of scheduling, rescheduling, canceling without having to contact us, ability to customize the system for my business, flexibility in booking, adding and removing services, ease of payment processing and collection of deposit for services.

Reasons for switching to Vagaro

Easier and more creative marketing options, expansion options, better value

Hi Kyesolyn, thank you so much for your kind feedback. We greatly appreciate it and are so happy to have you as a Business on Vagaro!

Replied February 2020

Nashira

Reviewed May 2020

Best appointment app out there

I am fully satisfied with Vagaro.

PROS

You get the biggest bang for your buck with this app. I have tried a few others in the past and paid way too much for features that Vagaro not only charges an affordable price for but the set up in easy and self explanatory that you don't really need to call into tech support. I have also tried several of different types of marketing on various platforms but Vagaro has one that I have gotten plenty of clients from. Their forms is amazing, you can do intake forms and send out surveys and given that we are going through a pandemic its an easy way to get fast feedback from you clients without being in front of them. Everything is basically customizable without being too overwhelming with their features. You can literally tailor it to your business needs without being forced to have a feature and pay for it just because it falls in a certain category. Keep up the good work Vagaro!

CONS

Sending an invoice for a future appointment. Sometimes we get booked for chair events in the future and the company hiring us requests to pay a day or two before the event.

Reasons for switching to Vagaro

Mindbody charges a high price to not only use the platform but to make any additions to it as well (feature, forms, emails/texts). Vagaro has an unbundled price and allows you to add these different features for a small additional fee that can add up but its still affordable in comparison. I believe Vagaro was the perfect switch for me and the only thing I miss about Mindbody was the view of the schedule. It was a bit easier on the eyes compared to the view of the schedule on Vagaro. I don't have any suggestions on how to fix it though so it isn't a complaint but just a suggestion.

Hi Nashira, thank you for sharing your feedback. We appreciate it so much. We are grateful to have you as a Business on Vagaro!

Replied May 2020

Benjamin

Reviewed September 2020

Exactly what I was looking for

Before Vagaro, we had one system for point of sale, one system for booking and a third for customer information management. We wanted a system that would do all of that and move our business to the next level. Vagaro was the answer to that, bar none. To have everything in one software package eliminates errors we were making when entering in things in multiple places previously. The reporting is top notch and the ability to access everything remotely from our phones and see appointments and transactions in real-time is a great benefit.

PROS

We were looking for one single system that could do everything for our business. Point of sale, booking, inventory, online booking, excellent reporting, custom forms, email/text marketing, etc. Vagaro has it all. It's one complete package that we can access remotely and via our phones at any time.

CONS

While this software was made mostly for Salons with numerous Stylists (Service Providers), it took a big of tweaking and being creative when setting it up for us. With us being a Sauna Studio, clients don't book people, they book actual rooms. There was a little bit of a learning curve on how to set that up properly but it works brilliantly now. I wish there was a little more customization on some deep settings, but all in all, I can't complain at all.

Reason for choosing Vagaro

Zenoti was way, way too expensive for a small business such as us and YoureOnTime didn't offer recurring payments (for memberships). They look to be great products (especially YoureOnTime), but they just didn't fit our needs 100%.

Reasons for switching to Vagaro

We wanted one program to do everything, and after researching Vagaro and trying the Free Trial, it was absolutely what we wanted...and more.

Hi Benjamin, thank you so much for your feedback! We greatly appreciate that you took the time to share your experience with our Software. Thanks for being a Vagaro Business!

Replied October 2020

Elizabeth

Reviewed January 2021

Easy to setup and use

PROS

Very affordable for a small business/sole-proprietor. Easy to use, they have videos that show you how to set things up. You can create your own forms or use stock ones they have. The booking site works so much better than SquareUp and doesn't have random maintenance for no reason. Also, WAY cheaper than Mindbody.

CONS

As a massage therapist, I have many clients that want to book extras with their sessions, like aromatherapy. Vagaro doesn't allow for an extra to be added, so I have to book them as a separate appointment then make it a double booking.

Reason for choosing Vagaro

All the other products were missing a component I was wanting. Some didn't have a good booking site. Some didn't include a POS system. Some were just too expensive. Vagaro was the most similar to Square, but better.

Reasons for switching to Vagaro

Square had JUST started to offer forms for clients to fill out, and because they just released that feature, it was in a terrible state. First time clients needed to fill out AT LEAST 4 forms, sometimes up to 6 depending on what they were coming in for. Square would have me send each of those forms out individually. So a first time client would receive not only the booking email and reminder email, but 4 separate emails for paperwork. Who has time for that?!

Hi Elizabeth, thank you for sharing your feedback. Feedback like this helps us make our software even better, so thank you for taking the time to let us know what you think!

Replied January 2021