• Pros

• "Easy to use for both administrators and customers. Really like that you can set up repeating events with ease. This software has made my bookings a breeze. Great customer service too."

• "Great price, as we are an NGO. I find it easy to use and to keep track of. I like the customisable functions."

• "Great range of features and ease of use. Perfect for smaller and bigger enterprises. Fantastic customer service v"

• Cons

• "Back end could always have a few tweaks here and there. Mobile layout for block bookings could be a tiny bit clearer."

• "I would struggle to find something negative to write. All the options I need are there and easy to use. "

• "Could add some more ways to filter bookings quickly, but this can be done with easy workarounds. "

Browse Bookwhen Reviews

Carl from College of Haringey, Enfield and North East London

A truly 5-star Booking System *****

We ran a successful Parents' Evening that was supported by an excellent product.

Pros

The software is great and does exactly what you would expect from a booking system. It is extremely easy to navigate for both an administrator and from a users perspective. As well as the basic features you can also get the bells and whistles depending on your plan (at a more than reasonable price). We have managed to run our parents' evening event for a College in Central London at what quite frankly is an unbeatable price compared to other solutions out there. Parents making the booking commented that it was easy to book and administrators explained that it had saved them hours of work collating bookings. It also allowed us to take bookings right up until the last minute. It literally took 5 minutes to export our bookings to tell the teachers who was coming to their session. However, the best thing is not the software, don't get me wrong the software is great but it is the service and support that makes this the product of choice. Thank you for your support and a great product.

Response from Bookwhen

Replied March 2018

Thanks for the amazing review, Carl! I'm really happy we turned out to be a good solution for your parents evening. Looking forward to welcoming you onto the system for more of your needs at the college in September (we also handle course registration/inductions really well too). Thanks from the Bookwhen team :)

Kat from Sew in Brighton Sewing School

Delighted and relieved to have found Bookwhen

Very happy. Breath of fresh air Can finally make a profit as this is a simple affordable booking system (ie I also pay my admin assistant fewer hours to manage it!)

Pros

I find it easy to use as it's simple. It offers all the functions we need to run our regular (6x a week) classes with bulk pre purchase Class Passes as well as workshops. It's very quick to add or remove dates. The staff are quick and helpful if we have any questions The price is a huge relief after paying a giant bill for Mindbody for a few years when we didn't really need most of its functions. Bookwhen just gives what we need at a price we can afford being a very small business with a low profit margin. If you're a bigger business there are different pricing tiers, also good value compared to Mindbody

Cons

That once you have students booked on a class you can't change the time yourself. But the Bookwhen help desk will do it for us so it's OK, very tiny issue! I didn't realise for last 7 months that I could have more than 6 courses. I thought the middle price was needed and in fact I only needed the lower price and could have as many courses as I wanted. This is obviously fantastic news, but I'm just gutted I paid 20 a month extra from May to Dec 2019!! However, its still WAY better than Mindbody pricing at any price so letting that go, ommmmm

Reasons for Choosing Bookwhen

Booking live didn't have the class ticket features and others, seemed more complicated and was more expensive I'm pretty sure we looked at another one but have forgotten what it was!

Andrea from Minding each moment

Great for a small business!

My overall experience is positive. Bookings have increased, admin time has decreased and the chat support provided by BookWhen has been quick to resolve issues.

Pros

For me the greatest advantage is that it has given me more time. Doing all the bookings myself and the emails back and forth and trying to workout payment methods was very time consuming. Now I receive fewer emails to respond to with most customers just booking on and choosing to pay online. I feel that bookings have also increased since having the BookWhen system.

Cons

I'm not very good with using technology and it's taken me a bit of time to get my head around how to set up the BookWhen features and use them. I find that for me it's often a lot of trial and error. However, I do frequently go to the support section to read the articles which are most often quite helpful. I do wish that the forms section was more sophisticated. I tried using attachments for my forms - however customers rarely print them off and bring them to class. Paper forms is something I'd really like to get rid of.

Reasons for Choosing Bookwhen

Mindbody had more features than I needed and is expensive - seemed more suitable for larger business. I really liked the forms feature of Vagaro - and that nearly swayed me; but it also had a cost that I felt I couldn't justify for my very small business. Bookwhen covered everything I needed for my small business and at a reasonable cost.

Response from Bookwhen

Replied December 2019

Hi Andrea, thank you so much for leaving us such an honest review! It's nice to learn you've got less admin and more bookings since using Bookwhen :-) We're sorry to hear it took you a while to get up to speed - do make the most of our support team, as we're always happy to help out! Regarding your forms, we'd love to chat further to see if it would be a possibility to recreate your form file as booking fields instead. Please do get in touch if this is still an issue. Best wishes, Jenny

Bradley from Southend YMCA

Helped for a good period of time

Pros

Simple and works well on a laptop and mobile devices.

Cons

Was promised a lot, most membership options however after waiting and being assured it was "one the way" never happened despite promises. Had to move elsewhere.

Response from Bookwhen

Replied December 2018

Hi Bradley! Thank you for taking the time to review Bookwhen, we really appreciate your feedback and are always looking at where we can improve, with memberships being one of those areas! Memberships are a big priority for Bookwhen in 2019 and we're committed to delivering them then. Jenny

Claire from Paradise Yoga

I bloomin' love Bookwhen!

1. I am saving myself a ton of time (literally hours each week) on bookings, cancellations, transfers and waiting lists. 2. I have definitely made more money using Bookwhen than doing the old paper / cash method. I set Bookwhen up so that all payments are taken in advance. This eliminates any risk of someone turning up $5 short, or forgetting their wallet. It also eliminates me having to remember who owes me what. Having it all automated means the money just lands in my account. I literally love Bookwhen and hope they never get sold to someone else or change anything!!

Pros

Where do I begin with the pros of this software? There are so many! I run a tiny yoga studio and I am the only teacher. This software manages all the bookings, provides a waiting list option, allows me to offer ten-passes, multi-class discounts and promo codes. It lets me have more than one schedule (e.g. I have one for my regular classes; one for a retreat; and one for some special workshops. The great thing about this is that e.g. the workshops are only open to a select group of advanced students, so all the other students don't even see that on the schedule). It also allows the students themselves to cancel or transfer their bookings, which saves me a ton of time... Before I opened the studio, I had thought about going old-school and using text message / physical ten-passes / cash payments. Thank god I didn't do that. The amount of cancellations and transfers that people do would have meant that I spent my entire life remembering whether Betty was coming on Tuesday, or if Bob wanted to come on Thursday if there was a spot, and did Marion say that she would let me know about Saturday. I also love that it integrates with Stripe, which is very easy to use. Added to that, the customer service is exceptional. There is an easy to use chat button, and whilst it is not manned 24/7, I always get a response by their next working day. The response always answers my question and the customer service agent is always polite (even when I am probably asking a dumb question).

Cons

There are a couple of slightly clunky features. Everything does do as it should, but occasionally it takes you a moment to figure out what to press to make it happen. However, the Bookwhen support team is so responsive and really open to suggestions about how to make it better.

Reasons for Choosing Bookwhen

I chose Bookwhen because of its simplicity and its price. It is excellent value for money. Subsequent to choosing Bookwhen, I have been harrassed by phone and email from one of the other major providers, hassling me to switch to them. I had to threaten them with legal action to make them stop calling me. My experience with Bookwhen is in complete contrast with the hard-sell methods employed by this other large and well-known provider.

Response from Bookwhen

Replied November 2019

Hi Claire, thank you so much for leaving such an honest and detailed review. We really appreciate you taking the time and this will be hugely useful to anyone looking for a new booking system! Hopefully one day we can provide instant live chat support in Australia :-) Really great to have you on board! - Jenny

Claire from Cork Yoga with Claire

Amazing for Small Business Users

Pros

Bookwhen saves me so much time every single day!! It has completely taken away the headache from my booking procedures, it allows me to take prepayments, have class waiting lists, sends automatic reminders. All these things I personally used to do manually on pen and paper, through phone contact with each client. Now the bookings just roll in everyday with ease! It is tremendous value for money, in fact its the only bill I see coming in every month that brings a smile to my face, knowing its money well invested.

Cons

There are some minor technicalities that occasionally crop up but the customer service response is so efficient that it doesnt bother me. They also seem to be improving functionality constantly so if they notice something not working to a great standard you can be sure they will improve it soon!

Reasons for Choosing Bookwhen

Response from Bookwhen

Replied September 2019

Thank you so much for this amazing review Claire! We really appreciate you taking the time and providing such useful insight into how Bookwhen has transformed the day to day of running your business. Here's to many more successful years of working together in the future :-) - Jenny

Ruth from Dao Natural Health

Simple to set up, affordable, great features, great customer support. Ticks all the boxes for me!

I've been using Bookwhen for a week now and I'm struggling to find something I don't like about it after having spent weeks searching for affordable software that actually does what I need. I'm loving it!

Pros

A price that is affordable for my small freelance business, ease of use with some really great features such a several ticket types/earlybird options, multiple locations for classes/events, showing how many spaces are still available for each ticket type, very quick and helpful support. I also love that I can embed the calendar onto my website's 'What's On' page and clients book directly from there. Highly recommended! Thank you BookWhen!!!

Cons

Yet to find any to be honest! I finding it's offering me everything I was looking for in a booking system.

Reasons for Choosing Bookwhen

No nonsense, honest piece of software. It feel like these guys built this platform as they knew there was a massive gap in the market for an affordable AND functional event booking system for small business. I'm so grateful for this software, the clunk in my business flow is now gone!

Christian from EY

Easy setup, reduces admin, excellent support.

Very good. The staff were fantastic, and their support articles were very well set up.

Pros

We used it to run training for hundreds of employees, and it made it much easier, as they could pick a time that suited them and also manage their booking (reschedule mostly) which lifted the burden of admin off ourselves. Also handy features like automatic reminder emails the day before training, and the ability to export the data gathered during booking (email addresses used for follow up material and surveys). The Bookwhen staff are also brilliant, they have always replied in a quick and friendly manner with relevant information. This gave me confidence when I was asked tough questions about data security etc, that they could provide the answers immediately and a link to the information on their website for senior stakeholders to read themselves. I would highly recommend this service to anyone, big or small.

Cons

Nothing, it is easy to use. I suppose there could be some limitations if you have very advanced requirements, but then you probably wouldn't be looking for a service like this.

Response from Bookwhen

Replied July 2019

What an incredible review, thank you so much Christian! We really appreciate the detail you've gone into, as this will help lots of other businesses to choose the right product for them. Here's to many more years of working together, and to the success of your business! - Jenny

Claire from Paradise Yoga with Claire

No need to look anywhere else, Bookwhen is the best option!

Bookwhen has enabled me to run my tiny yoga studio with a lot less stress. I had been thinking of just doing bookings by SMS etc, but within 48 hours, Bookwhen had already demonstrated its value. There is zero chance I would remember everyone's bookings/cancellations/changes if it was done by SMS. With Bookwhen, my customers can make their own changes whenever they need to, meaning I don't need to get involved.

Pros

Ease of use, excellent customer service and fantastic pricing.

Cons

There are minor limitations... eg it doesn't integrate with Mailchimp yet. But this is offset by the excellent customer service - willing to listen to suggestions, always respond quickly to confirm whether your idea is already on their list of things to look at etc...

Reasons for Choosing Bookwhen

It was immediately obvious that Bookwhen would be suited to my small operation, and that it was affordable. So many of these other solutions are too big with too many options, and too expensive. I can only fit six people in my yoga studio, so I didn't need software that managed multiple locations or teachers. However, Bookwhen would be able to handle my needs if I ever grow bigger.

Response from Bookwhen

Replied July 2019

Hi Claire, thank you so much for your wonderful review. We're really pleased you didn't go with the SMS idea and chose Bookwhen instead! :D We always welcome your suggestions and feedback and look forward to many more years of working together! - Jenny

Clare from ChannelGrabber

A great little booking tool and all for free!

Helps us to stay organised when customers book in with us for webinars, consultations and online training sessions.

Pros

It has a simple interface where you can customise your event(s) and take multiple bookings or limit to just one booking per customer. We use it to allow customers to book in for online webinars, consultations and training sessions. We don't need to take any payment so I haven't used that part of the service. It must be simple to use, as I've never had to reach out to their support team or even online documentation - it's all pretty self explanatory once you've had a poke around to familiarise yourself first.

Cons

It used to look a little dated but they recently got everyone on the old version to update to the new version (still free - yay) and it looks better now. It would be nice if you could customise the public facing page a little more, but for a free package, I'm not complaining!

Response from Bookwhen

Replied March 2018

Thanks for the review, Clare! Great that you're over on the new system now, hope you're enjoying it!

Kimberlee from ((BOUNCE))

BOOKING SYSTEM EXCELLENCE

I considered many different booking systems for my fitness business - but none of them offered the simplicity and user clarity that Bookwhen does. I can create recurring events with customer payment facilities attached easily, run detailed reports to understand booking trends, collect customer information for mail outs. Bookwhen even offers creativity to make the customer facing pages the same colours as my brand, upload my company logo, attachments, feature social media buttons etc. Bookwhen's own features even prompt me to gear my business in new ways: various ticket types offer the ability to sell to the customer in various avenues, without over-complicating things. Even when I wanted to offer a commission-based element to my business that they didn't already support, I approached the team to see if they would code something specifically to support my business needs and together we made it happen. This sort of service is second to none. The best part is that anytime I've ever needed support (which is a lot) I can use the instant chat feature, email and even call the support team to get approachable service and considered help. Within 2 years using Bookwhen my business had grown from a sole trader to a large limited company - without such a fluid booking ability for my customers this would have never been possible. The subscription price is competitive and the features and service are top notch, I fully recommend Bookwhen.

Pros

Its simple to understand, offers lots of features, its support team is always available.

Cons

Nothing.

Response from Bookwhen

Replied January 2017

Thanks for the review, Kim! It's been so exciting watching Bounce go from strength to strength with bookwhen - you're scaling so fast now! A great partnership where you've really helped us with innovation on the software. All the best for 2017!

Claire from Silver Island Yoga

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

The perfect fit

I spent months trying to find the perfect booking system to meet my needs. There were many good products on offer, but nothing that gave me what exactly what I was looking for...there was always a compromise somewhere. I then found Bookwhen and it was a perfect fit. It has revolutionized the way we operate our business. It is user-friendly, very easy to navigate both backends and for our guests and it has a great design/layout which matched the look and feel of our website. Bookwhen also offers quick and professional support whenever you need. I was able to share feedback, so when the new system was introduced with the new improvements, I felt that my feedback was taken into account and that we had grown together! It really is a fantastic booking system, our business is running at 100% occupancy and I feel that this is partly due to the ease of online bookings. We will be going into our 5th year with Bookwhen and I cannot recommend it highly enough.

Pros

Ease of use/very simple back end User-friendly, clients find it easy to use and we have never had someone, not book due to the difficulty of the booking system. Great design - Clean and neat Does exactly what I need it to do Excellent support

Cons

Nothing I think it has more features than I am making full use of!

Response from Bookwhen

Replied January 2017

It's always great working with you Claire - 5 years and still going strong! Hopefully you have some room free at some point this summer so we can visit your beautiful retreat!

Kelsey from Central Square Computer Repair

Industry: Computer Networking

Really flexible for a variety of businesses, useful for scheduling with different types of tickets

Super flexible. Schedule what you want, with the types of tickets you want, with the information you want without much fuss.

Pros

I like Bookwhen because I sought it out to deal with a client who runs a business that deals with pet transport adoptions. They coordinate a drive up from the south to New England every 2 weeks, and need to register all of the information about the animals (where they're going, their health records, etc) and also assure that each dog has an appropriately sized kennel on the van. It's a little confusing, but because of the nature of the business, it's really important that everything be done safely and efficiently. Bookwhen allows us to set up transports, register the dogs, and take down information not only on the rescue the dog is coming from but also their new home. I use Bookwhen for some other, routine businesses that need yoga classes or other things run, but ultimately what keeps me recommending them for scheduling is that Bookwhen works for complicated businesses who need to take in a lot of info from customers, customers need different "seats" (crate sizes) and sometimes other information at intake. Bookwhen allows for _all_ of it, which is the best possible scenario for us.

Response from Bookwhen

Replied March 2018

Thanks for the review, Kelsey. It's great to hear our flexibility was put to good use. I think this is one of the unique uses for the system we have! Here's to many more years of transporting pooches :)

Nicola from Bolton College

Brilliant Bookwhen!

Pros

Its easy to use from both our perspective and the customer facing side of things. We've been using Bookwhen for a couple of years and it has completely changed the way we do things. Attendance lists are easy to create quickly but also to download and manipulate to suit our needs. We love the way you can send links to whole public pages or just specific events. The event reminders are a great help in ensuring people arrive for events or get in touch to say they aren't coming. Customer service is brilliant. We rarely wait more than 5 minutes for a chat response. They listen to our feedback and it been great to be able to influence improvements for ourselves and for other users.

Cons

There are a couple of things we'd like Bookwhen to be capable of but they are fairly minor and the company have already promised to add them to their development plan so I'm pretty confident we'll see changes over the coming months.

Response from Bookwhen

Replied March 2018

Thanks for the amazing review, Nicola. Great to have a business such as yours on the system for many years - we couldn't do it without you! Yes - we always take feedback on board, keep it coming!

David from David Stinson Theatre School

Industry: Performing Arts

Bookwhen - Simply Amazing

Parents can book their children on to our holiday clubs and summer schools. We've never had a complaint. It's very easy to use and makes life so easy for me as a business leader.

Pros

Bookwhen was so easy to implement into my website. We've had about 500 bookings via bookwhen over the last year and never had a problem. It has truly transformed my business.

Cons

There is nothing that I don't like about this product.

Reasons for Choosing Bookwhen

Bookwhen is straightforward, affordable and doesn't require any training. I can't recommend it enough. It's transformed my business.

Response from Bookwhen

Replied September 2019

Thank you very much David, your review is incredibly valuable and brought a big smile to the team! Thank you for choosing Bookwhen! - Jenny

Jennifer from Suffolk Mobile Sling Library

Industry: Philanthropy

Quick and easy bookings for our sling library

We run a sling library for local parents, holding three sessions each month. We're volunteers doing it for free. We were finding that far too many families were turning up for us to deal with, meaning they had to wait ages to see us, and we were stressed, run off our feet, and running over time, ending up late to collect children from school and nursery. We set up a Bookwhen account so we could organise the sessions (so everyone doesn't arrive at 11am) and set a maximum number of available slots. It's made a really positive impact... we no longer dread busy sessions and customers know they won't have to wait long.

Pros

This software is easy for customers to use and takes the load off us, because we know that once the maximum number of bookings is reached, nobody else can book, so we don't end up with over-attended sessions.

Cons

Setting up new events is a little long-winded... if we could copy an existing event and change the date, that would be handy. If I accidentally click on our own account link, I can't sign in as admin, so I have to re-enter the general Bookwhen page to log in. Also, when we send customers a link to our page, it seems to send them in to one particular time slot, and the less logical among them don't realise they need to press back to get out to all the available booking slots.

Response from Bookwhen

Replied August 2019

Hi Jennifer, thanks so much for leaving us a review! I'd love to address some of your cons, as it will be helpful for you to know how to avoid these in future! First off, you can duplicate an entry for exactly that reason, to save setup time by just changing the date. Send us a message if you're unsure how! You can log in to your account from any Bookwhen link, so please do get in touch so we can explain further if need be :) When sharing your public page with customers, make sure you're sharing just the core page url, like https://bookwhen.com/example , with the bit behind the / but nothing more than that. That way no event is pre-selected for the customer Thanks again, so glad to hear how well the system is working for you! - Jenny

Leonie from Sensational Cakes

Best Booking Software Ever!

It's easy to use, affordable, has great features and customer support is always great.

Pros

Not being very tech savvy, I find this system so easy to use. I run a small home-based business so it's great that Bookwhen is not and expensive to have. Excellent Customer Support. It has all the features that I need.

Cons

I would say that the TROLLEY symbol should be bigger or a CART function needs to be applied as when some customers want to make multiple bookings, they don't always notice the trolley symbol near the class and so they book and pay for each class seperately. This causes an inconvenience.

Response from Bookwhen

Replied September 2018

Hi Leonie, Thanks very much for this amazing review! Regarding the basket system, we've actually introduced a banner at the top of all booking pages with a live update on number of tickets and price, so I think this resolves the particular issue you raised :) It should be even clearer for your customers now! Thanks, Luke

Brad from Southend Parkour

Great product, service and support.

I've been using bookwhen since its first iteration for my coaching business after looking around for the best balance of affordability and features. Throughout my use the support team has been there every step of the way, when I've found issues or got myself confused they've responsed FAST always looked into and solved my problems. They are contining to add features, refine service and with their newer version released just under a year or so ago, the system is a lot more polished, user friendly and has helped my business and delivery grow massively.

Pros

Support team are awesome, friendly user interface, explanatory back end. Responsive to ideas and features users need. Decent payment portal transfers and option. Discount features/options for users.

Cons

Response from Bookwhen

Replied January 2017

Thanks for your review, Brad :) Wishing you all the best for your bookings in 2017!

Lucie from Pellaris Baby

Fantastic Customer Service

The book when team are always on hand to offer fantastic help and customer service without making you feel inept! The 'new' version is very easy to use with a great looking customer interface. There are a couple of things that could be improved or added but the team are always welcome to feedback. Very happy and suits my small business perfectly!

Pros

Lovely interface, helpful staff and good value for money

Cons

Exporting lists to excel etc is untidy so end up having to do copy and paste which is dull and time consuming, hard to search back for particular customers e.g. by name.

Response from Bookwhen

Replied January 2017

Hi Lucie, Thanks very much for your positive review :) To address your points: - We do have an attendee sheet function. I'm not sure if you're aware? This would save having to rely on booking exports from the system. - The homepage allows you to customise colour, header image, logo and add a title and text about your offering. You can also include business contact details in the footer. This is similar to business profiles on other websites. However if you think there's some more adaptability we could incorporate into the public page then please let us know. - In terms of monthly bookings you're a relatively light user of the system, so I'm surprised we haven't already offered you a discounted upgrade for the features you mention! Please get in touch with us and we'll sort this out :) Thanks, Luke

Catherine from New Zealand Playcentre Federation

Once you have learnt how to use it it is great

Pros

The capturing of data for enrolment means that parents do not have to write on the enrolment forms. We can easily see how many bookings we have and comunicate with them

Cons

The Waitlist function can't have an extra question the birth of your baby. We need this function to be able to see what other groups babies and their parents can join

Response from Bookwhen

Replied December 2018

Hi Catherine, Thanks for taking the time to provide a review, we really appreciate it! Glad to hear that you are generally happy with Bookwhen. As I understand your point regarding the waiting list, you would like a qualification question so you can see if it is possible to book parents onto other events when their chosen one is not available? This is certainly something we could look into. We strive to continually innovate and introduce new features whenever we can so thanks again for your invaluable feedback!

Kelly from Marketing

Great Product!

We schedule all of our companies events through Bookwhen and are very pleased with this software. The software is fast, reliable and easy to use and customize. Plus, the prices are great!

Pros

I like that Bookwhen is easy to use, allows for customization and is affordable.

Cons

We like just about everything about this software. The only thing we would change is allow for duplicate emails when registering guests.

Response from Bookwhen

Replied December 2018

Hi Kelly, Thanks for taking the time to provide a review. Glad to hear that you are happy with Bookwhen! Thanks also for your comment regarding allowing duplicate emails when registering guests, I have passed this on to our development team for consideration. Your feedback is invaluable to improving Bookwhen so please do let me know if you think of anything else you would like to see.

Liz from Chrome peacocks pole fitness

Love it

Pros

I absolutely adore this booking system. It is super easy to use and is great value for money. It is easy to set everything up and take payment online or cash payments. Groups of bookings is possible, continual bookings and course bookings are available.

Cons

I would like to be able to see past bookings for longer periods of time. Being able to see bookings from a month ago would be fantastic and a way of printing out the booking sheet with contact details of my clients would be great too. I don't know if this is already an option and I just haven't found it yet.

Response from Bookwhen

Replied September 2018

Hi Liz, Thanks very much for the love - much appreciated! I'm glad to say you can view bookings from the past and attendee sheets too - this has always been the case from day 1 with the system. You can consult our support library at support.bookwhen.com to find out more :) Thanks for using Bookwhen!

Debbie from Air Control Pilates

Great, easy to use

Pros

Easy to set up Easy to manage Saves time Good price Reply quickly to messages Simple Easy to adjust

Cons

Would like a membership option where clients can book 1 or 2 classes per week anywhere on the timetable and this currently isn't possible. Would like client profiles to enter info about current members and prospects. Link to MailChimp would be amazing.

Response from Bookwhen

Replied September 2018

Thanks for the review, Debbie! Memberships are something that's coming towards the end of the year :) In the meantime there are some really strong workarounds that we'd be happy to explain if you get in touch. We're also going to have an auto-upload to Mailchimp lists soon too, and it's all GDPR proof :) Thanks, Luke

Renee from Renee's Ceramic Cafe

It works perfect for my small business.

Pros

I like the ease of use for my side and the customers side as well. Also the charge for using the service is affordable.

Cons

Wish I could sell products on it. I would sell my artwork products. Once in awhile when a customer cancels a class it does not refund their money.

Response from Bookwhen

Replied December 2018

Hi Renee, Thank you for taking the time to provide a review, we really appreciate it! Glad to hear that Bookwhen works well for you and your customers. You can refund your customers through your payment gateway (Stripe, Paypal, Worldpay) but unfortunately we cannot push this through for you. However, I have noted your comments on this and your wish to sell products through Bookwhen (if the products you sell are similar you could set up a separate ticket for them, but this wouldn't work for unique items). We are continually innovating and looking for the next feature to add so let me know if there is anything else you need.

Lisa from Eat Auckland

Great customer support and great for small businesses like mine.

Pros

It's a good price for what I get and it works well for my purposes generally. I like to use the voucher system but don't think I get the most out of it because I don't know how.

Cons

I really want to have reminders and waiting lists but will never need the extra bookings or admins so the package is limiting for my use. The landing page could look smarter and some of the print is too small or not obvious. eg voucher code and select number should be easier.

Response from Bookwhen

Replied December 2018

Hi Lisa, thank you so much for taking the time to provide valuable feedback. Please do reach out to us for any questions around vouchers - we would be very happy to help. - Jenny

Laura from Baby Beats

Industry: Music

Great for children's classes!

Brilliant, exactly what I was looking for.

Pros

Bookwhen was the only booking software I found that was really tailored for running children's clubs and classes, not primarily an appointment booking system, which I didn't want. It is simple for my customers to use and although it has taken me a while to get all of my information on and work my way round the system (but then don't they all?) it does everything I need it to do. The help service is really good, offering help articles, live chat or on the phone. They are UK based and real quick to respond.

Cons

Just the time it took to work it all out, but all the other trials I did were the same, I don't think there is any quick fix!

Response from Bookwhen

Replied September 2018

Thanks for the love, Laura! Really happy to hear we're supporting your business. We agree - we've made lots of iterations to ensure we fit like a glove when it comes to Children's Activity businesses! Love from the Bookwhen team.

Andrea from Ready and Well

Overall an excellent product, affordable option for small and tiny businesses

Pros

The cost: I teach CPR as a hobby and net profit is only a few hundred a year. Bookwhen has been an excellent low cost option that meets my needs well. My customers can pay online if they want, they can see my scheduled classes and the details and locations for those classes.

Cons

Just minor things: There is a little bit of confusion when there is the option to pay at class - the checkmark to pay later is kind of buried for the user. Also, some of the more advanced scheduling could be a little smoother, but overall it's very good.

Response from Bookwhen

Replied September 2018

Thanks for the review, Andrea! We'd like to think the 'pay later' option is as prominent as the online payment option when activated. You could maybe consider adding some more text to the offline payment instructions to make it clearer? We'd love to hear your feedback on the advanced scheduling too - we're always looking to optimise. Thanks for being such a committed Bookwhen customer! Here's to many more years of CPR training.

Tanya from Sheep River Health Trust

Bookwhen Software Rocks

As a small non-profit ticketing software can be overly expensive for our organization. Bookwhen offers a great product that meets our needs at an affordable price. There customer service is fantastic, they are very helpful and we found them to be quite responsive. They continue to add new features each year which has given us additional functionality. Highly recommend this product!!!

Pros

Ease of using the product.

Cons

There needs to be an easier way to manage people that are on the wait list. Both in terms of viewing a list of all people on the wait list without having to scroll through all bookings and in terms of contacting them and booking them into a different time slot.

Response from Bookwhen

Replied January 2017

Hi Tanya, Thanks very much for your review :) Thanks for the feedback regarding the waiting list. The function works really well for the vast majority of our customers, but I can see how things would be a bit trickier in your case as you had around 40 appointment slots per day. You're welcome to get in touch as we'd love to make the waiting list process work even better for appointment set ups like yours! Thanks, Luke

John from Access Parkour Ltd.

Simple but powerful

Dont underestimate Bookwhen. A tiny application compared to some other software booking packages but it's versatile, powerful and great to use. My clients find booking easy and repeat bookings even easier. I'm very happy with it.

Pros

It's easy for a new client to book into a class and easy for a regular client to use repeatedly and quickly. It's also easy for coaches to check on class attendance and it's veratile enought that we can use it for all of our needs.

Cons

Its clunky to keep track of cash payments and doesnt have a dedicated page for taking register once the class begins.

Response from Bookwhen

Replied January 2017

Thanks for the review, John! It's great to have astute users like you on board :) We have plans to update the attendee sheet soon so that registering people on the day will be really easy, as will recording cash payments. We'll keep you posted!

James from Rogers Communications

Best point of sale for educational programs.

Pros

Ease of use, user interface, fees, notifications, registration forms, discounting, customer service, payment interface

Cons

Filtering events. It is difficult to create a link to filter to only a specific category of events. A lot of learnings on URLs needed.

Response from Bookwhen

Replied September 2018

Thanks for taking the time to provide your feedback, James! We agree that a proper interface for filtering on events would be a good addition. However, we think the ability to use Markdown to create very customisable options/layouts for filtering is a good substitute in the meantime. We appreciate some of this can feel a bit advanced, so if our help articles aren't enough then we're always here to help you with the code! Thanks very much for using the system :) Cheers, Bookwhen

Rosemary from Fitness Training

I have received a lot of help from them even though I have the most simple package.

I am not constantly getting telephone calls to book classes and then have to do so. People can book as far in advance as they want - which is useful for a popular class as I can only have six people in a session.

Pros

Simple to use for the clients and for me. I find adding classes or changes times easy to do. Email confirmation is fantastic, also easy option to cancel. The help I have been given by their team has been second to none. I always recommend Bookwhen when people ask about it.

Cons

When I started I had the waiting list option and someone on list would be contacted if a place became available. I cannot afford that any more as my business is very small and I don't earn enough to have that.

Response from Bookwhen

Replied December 2018

It's so great to hear how useful Bookwhen has been for your business, Rosemary! Thank you so much for taking the time to provide a review. Speak soon - Jenny

This has been one of the easiest quick wins for my business. It has streamlined my booking process.

Pros

Ease of use, tagging classes to be able to categorise them, the discount functionality, the teams speed of response.

Cons

It is not a difficult system but it can take a few months to iron out any small quirks to make it match your exact business needs. There are a few minor functionalities that I would like it to have like a client notes section but the team know about this and add it to their list of modifications for the future. The CSV file it provides me does not give me the exact MI I need so I am having to adapt to it. That said I have not spoken to the team about it so maybe it can be resolved.

Response from Bookwhen

Replied December 2018

Thank you for your review! It's so good to hear that you find Bookwhen easy to use and a quick win - that's what we are aiming for! Please do reach out to our support team about your CSV requirements so we can discuss these further. - Jenny

Jason from NY Metro CPR

Ease of use, seamless interface for purchases, and outstanding customer service.

Mainly for the clients experience. A fast, easy way to book appointments.

Pros

User friendly functions on both sides, customer and consumer. The calendar function, and POS is very transparent and easy to use.

Cons

None that I can think of. Since I've started using the system they've listened to user suggestions and update accordingly.

Response from Bookwhen

Replied September 2018

Hi Jason, It's been a pleasure having you as a long standing customer on the system. Thanks very much for your great review - it's really appreciated :) Luke

Tamsin from York College

Great system - Team is always extremely helpful when we have a problem/or have a question.

Pros

I find that this software is very easy to use, making it is easy for our staff to use - who may or may not be very computer literate. Overall it is simple, yet effective.

Cons

That I, as the administrator, can't change delegate's details e.g. incorrect email addresses - Bookwhen have to do this.

Response from Bookwhen

Replied September 2018

Thanks for such a great review, Tamsin! Its been great supporting you over the years. I'm very pleased to say we're launching an email fix function within the next week :)

Angela from Pradhipa Yoga

Super easy to set up and use and my students find it easy too.

Reduced administration time, fewer cancellations

Pros

The software was really easy to set up and start using. The online help was superb and really quick. Since using the software I have saved a lot of time on administration, feel more organised and my students also like it and find it easy to use.

Cons

I have been using the software for almost a year and cannot think of any cons apart from I had some trouble finding my fees charged by Stripe, but that was nothing to do with Bookwhen.

Response from Bookwhen

Replied September 2018

Wow, this review made our day!! Thanks for the love, smiles all round at the office :) Glad to hear we've saved you lots of admin time. Thanks for using the system. If you ever have any questions about Stripe then I'd recommend getting in touch with their support. They're very helpful and responsive! Namaste, Bookwhen.

Justin from ted Learning Limited

Couldn't function without this product!

We discovered Bookwhen 5 years ago by chance, and have been using it every since to book learners onto courses for several of our clients. We simply couldn't run elements of our business without it and it has helped us to sell courses by providing the booking system from Bookwhen. The Customer Support is excellent, always responding to help and often doing what you needed to do there and then. Highly recommend.

Pros

ease of use, ability to help run our business

Cons

nothing

Response from Bookwhen

Replied January 2017

Thanks very much Justin - it's a pleasure having you on board :)

Elizabeth Anne from Elizabeth Anne Norris

Just what I needed for my jewellery classes

Pros

Cons

I don't think there's much I don't like about bookwhen. It ticks all the boxes for my business needs.

Response from Bookwhen

Replied September 2018

Thanks for the great review Elizabeth Anne, and for being such a committed long term customer :) Here's to many more years of jewellery classes!

Craig from RiKaSysTemZ

Bookwhen review

Bookwhen has automated a lot of my booking process and allows my members a number of options when it comes to booking, cancelling or transferring. It also offers us a professional looking booking system that is uniform across the brand.

Pros

I like the automation of the software. It saves me a lot of extra work, I can just concentrate on what I'm good at, delivering the classes and making my members sweat!

Cons

Takes a little time to get used to. I'm not the greatest with online stuff anyway so it took me a little while to get my head around some of the features but I suppose that's the same with learning anything new.

Response from Bookwhen

Replied September 2018

Thanks very much for the wonderful review, Craig! It's been great watching you scale with our unique franchise function, here's to many more locations launching in the near future :)

Matthew from All Ages First Aid Training

A awesome product. I have been using it for the past 2 years and never had a problem

Value for money. Easy to set up amd navigate.

Pros

Easy to follow. If i had ever had a problem i can access FAQ or contact support and support returns very quickly

Cons

I have nothong to criticize for this product. It is perfect for my bookings and is money for value. .

Response from Bookwhen

Replied December 2018

Thanks for your review Matthew. Glad to hear that you are happy with Bookwhen! We will continue to innovate and add new features so please do let us know if there is anything else you need.

Angie from Big Sky Yoga

Excellent features, service and value for money

Pros

Cons

Public face could be more visual. When there are lots of classes I think visually it might be hard to select an option for users.

Response from Bookwhen

Replied March 2018

Thanks for the great review, Angie! In terms of the public side of Bookwhen, you can actually use HTML in your event descriptions to edit the text, or insert images and videos. Many of our businesses also use emoji's in the event titles to help visually differentiate different events on the schedule page. I hope that helps? Please follow up with support if you need any further advice :)

Gina from Mrs

Freedom from the chores of invoicing, hooray!

Very reduced administration costs for the business

Pros

It is easy and manageable for both me and the customers. It has transformed my business, booking and paying online for courses has removed the need for invoicing/purchase orders/supplier detail forms and payment chasing. fantastic!

Response from Bookwhen

Replied March 2018

Thanks for the great review, Gina! Always happy to hear we've relieved someone of boring chores! Love from the Bookwhen team.

Diane from Hartbeeps South Coast

Just brilliant!

I cannot recommend Bookwhen enough. After spending days trawling through lots of different booking systems, I decided to take the plunge with Bookwhen. It is so very easy to use and is beautifully straight forward! Whenever I have needed to query something, the support team is always there to help and ususally contact me back in a couple of hours. It has been a lifesaver to my business and has meant my admin is not only reduced but recorded. There are so many systems out there but in my opinion Bookwhen is THE best! Others have far too many things to get your head around whereas bookwhen does what it says on the tin. I have shown and recommended Bookwhen to lots of my colleagues, who are also impressed with the service. 5* all the way!

Pros

Ease of use, simple and straight forward, support access.

Cons

None

Response from Bookwhen

Replied February 2017

Thanks for your review, Diane! It's a pleasure to have you on the system :)

Melissa from The Bark Academy

Bookwhen: To Use or Not to Use?

Overall, I was disappointed with what Bookwhen had to offer. I only used it during a free trial period and quickly switched back to a program that had the features I liked.

Pros

Bookwhen is extremely easy to setup! This super user friendly platform can help you with group events such as, meetings or classes. Bookwhen also offers email reminders to help reduce the amount of "no shows."

Cons

Even with the most expensive package, Bookwhen does not have the ability to integrate with other apps that supply text reminders. While they do have some integration capabilities with payment processors and such, those capabilities are very limited. Bookwhen is also very limited on its personalization options.

Response from Bookwhen

Replied December 2018

Hi Melissa, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. Your feedback around text reminders and customisation will help us prioritise what we focus on next year, and we hope to be able to address both of these needs. For what its worth, you can already customise your public booking page by adding a header image, changing the colour and adding a logo. All of our forms also accept Markdown, making it possible to edit text format, add in photos and many other HMTL elements. Thanks for trialling Bookwhen, hopefully we can win you back one day! If you think you'd benefit from a demo then please just give us a shout! Thanks, Jenny

Trish from Minster Teaching School Alliance

Since using Bookwhen for our training programmes and events, our workload has reduced significantly.

Pros

The software is easy to use and adaptable. The waiting list function is brilliant and the reminders sent before an event works well for us. The customer support response is excellent, we never have to wait very long before receiving a response which is always dealt with efficiently.

Cons

Bookwhen has worked very well for us so far so nothing to report in this section - all working brilliantly for us.

Response from Bookwhen

Replied September 2018

Wow - thanks for such an amazing review, Trish! Great to have you on board :)

Laura from Block Party Events Ltd

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Easy set up and a wide range of functions that suit us better than other booking services.

Easy service for myself and my customers

Pros

The ease of use. I was able to schedule multiple events in minutes and save time in comparison to other booking services. The customer support via live chat is amazing and gives you a chance to ask any questions to help you make the most of Book When. The updates on support information are brilliant and it is clear that the customer service team listen to issues raised in order to provide a clearer guidance for future usage. I am very impressed with the software.

Cons

I have yet to find any thing negative to say about the software. I suppose it would be nice to customise my booking site slightly more but it is not necessary.

Response from Bookwhen

Replied September 2018

Hi Laura, so happy to hear Bookwhen has saved you so much time :) Please get in touch if you need any advice on customising your booking page. All of our forms accept 'Markdown' so it's really easy to adapt colours, font, formatting and add in photos to event descriptions! Thanks for using Bookwhen.

Rebecca from Little-fit

Simple, easy to use for business and customer, constantly improving and updating.

Users can book and pay for classes online and I can see who is attending and also capture customer contact info.

Pros

It's so easy to use. It does what it says on the tin and if you ever need help support is readily available and very responsive. Customers love being able to book and pay in one place and we can maintain our branding on our booking page too.

Response from Bookwhen

Replied March 2018

Thanks for the great review, Rebecca! Here's to many more years of Little-fit and Bookwhen :)

Jonathan from Intranet Future

Easy to use and great value

I've been using bookwhen for my social media workshops since launch and have found it easy to use and good value. Perhaps more importantly, delegates have found it straightforward to book my training. Answers to queries are speedy. It's great to see the service being improved. For example, the addition of Stripe as a payment option was a welcome addition. I would recommend for an business or event organiser looking for an easy to use, flexible and good value booking system.

Pros

Ease of use Flexible Addition of new options Cost

Cons

Hard to think of any.

Response from Bookwhen

Replied January 2017

Thanks, Jonathan! Good to see you're still going strong with bookwhen after so many years - here's to many more successful workshops!

Excellent software, excellent customer service and excellent value.

Pros

I like that the software and service charges a flat rate for transactions and not a percentage rate on ticket prices.

Cons

The user flow for admins is a little choppy, including the search functions and calendar views. I think there could be a more intuitive way for the layout of the the settings menus.

Response from Bookwhen

Replied September 2018

Thanks for your feedback on the system and glad to hear you appreciate the transparent, flat monthly fees :) Based on the consensus from most customers, we'd like to think the system is pretty intuitive already. However, we have actually spent the summer making the system even more intuitive for mobile/tablet users and consolidating some of the admin options into more sensible places. We hope you appreciate the updates and please give us a shout if you have any more suggestions on changes to the system :) Love from Bookwhen.

Toni from Clubbercise Teesside

Effective

Recommended

Pros

Cost effective Efficient Good customer care team

Cons

Hoping for an app in very near future Nothing negative to say really

Response from Bookwhen

Replied December 2018

Thank you for your amazing review Toni, we really appreciate you taking the time! - Jenny

Louis from Singapore Polytechnic

Bookwhen review

Pros

I like it that is free and quite easy to use, we have been using it for some time and feed back is good! i like the recursive dates too!

Cons

users find it challenging to cancel bookings and they have to explore deep to find it

Response from Bookwhen

Replied December 2018

Thank you Louis! It's really valuable to hear what does and doesn't work for you, and it will feed straight into our product development. - Jenny