(1,952)

1,952

• Pros

• "The product is easy to use! I like the messages that it sends the customers. The scheduling is amazing. Just an amazing product. "

• "This program is very easy to use and within house all has got to be the best I have ever seen"

• "Very easy to use and very helpful for my small business!!"

• Cons

• "Although it is a very user-friendly system, I did have to separate my quickbooks from the server as it didn't merge as well as was originally thought. "

• "When you refer other pros if they stay on the free trial till it runs out they wont give you the referral bonus "

• "A few hiccups with upgrades occasionally, but they always work hard to get it going correctly "

Browse HouseCall Pro Reviews

Paul from TBD Electric

Great Product!

CRAZY! how I ever managed without it. My life as a business owner was forever simplified by this on decision. Great Job Guys! Really, I mean it.

Pros

I appreciate the customer support team, always ready to improve. The pro vote feature is ingenious, I have seen several of my personal pro-votes come to fruition.

Cons

The name. When interacting with clients the name "HouseCall pro" is limiting this amazing product to residential service calls, when in fact it is so much more. I had to modify a few internal processes, but I've managed 2 and 3 month projects from 1 invoice allowing Change Orders to bill out as segments. the name should be revised, considering something more wild. Service Titan had the right idea on the wrong product.

Reasons for Choosing HouseCall Pro

A friend of mine who opened an HVAC company the same time I opened my company sold me on the idea of sharing leads through the software. I went for a test drive the first month and was sold after interacting with the customer support team. OMG everyone is awesome! If Chick-Fila and Home Depot had a baby. Stellar Customer Service Model...

Jonathon from JDog Junk Removal & Hauling North San Diego

Pros & Cons about Housecall Pro

My overall experience is GREAT! I've used two other software platforms and HCP by far is more superior!!

Pros

1. Reporting 2. User Friendly 3. With the integrated CC processing my techs are receiving 30% higher amount in tips. 4. It actually works in the field.

Cons

1. My industry doesn't have the correct work flow. 2. Not blocking time out while in the process of booking a job. 3. Refreshing the screen to ensure the schedule is the same. We have a pretty fluid schedule being Junk Removal.

Reasons for Choosing HouseCall Pro

House call pro has marketing software built in! HCP has review software built in! HCP has a cc processor that accepts tips! Workiz didn't have any of those!!!!! Lastly I want'ed a U.S.A. based company who is local and were both in San Diego County!

Chris from Graphite Lock

Missing Key Features. Look Elsewhere.

Don't pull the trigger yet. It doesn't do what you will need and want it to. Keep searching for better options. This does the job that quickbooks doesn't... scheduling, but this software could be so much better if the software developers actually ran a service business and used this in front of customers. I'm sure that by the 5th time they had to type their contact info into the body of an email before they sent an invoice, they would add the functionality to be able to customize the default. If they had to go through every day and send out their payment reminders, they would add automatic functionality (like Quickbooks did). My overall impression and experience is that they made their software, now they are going to sell it. Now that they've sold it, they are gonna raise the price (253% if I want to continue be able to send "on my way" messages). Sure, they have done some bug fixes, but they have pretty much stopped adding features and functionality to the software.

Pros

The best thing about Housecall Pro is the invoice that the customers see. It is clean, easy to read, and makes online payment easy. Payment can be made directly from the invoice and there is no need for the customer to open a web portal or log in to view and pay invoices. The mobile app dashboard is great for getting to the job... one tap to send an "on my way" message and another tap to open up google maps. easy.

Cons

The invoicing features (or lack thereof) are infuriating! 1. When you are creating invoices, you can't edit the default email message to have it save your preferences. You have to type out or copy and paste your custom text EVERY INVOICE YOU SEND. I would like to send a nice "thank you for using my services", "refer us", "call with questions" message with all my invoices, but it is a huge pain in the butt and takes too long to do it EVERY TIME! 2. If most of your customers are net 30, there are no automatic payment reminders or Payment Past Due notices. you have to do all of that manually. Since the software doesn't allow for custom email templates, each reminder you send has to be typed out manually or copied and pasted from a Word Doc. 3. The invoices are lacking different areas to add important information and instead rely on a general "Notes" text box at the bottom for Purchase Order numbers, billing disclaimers, and job notes. It gets busy fast. 4. The software and app are generally "clunky" to use. The interface requires a lot of full page loads vs drop down or pop-up fields in order to create a new customer and invoice so it takes twice the time it should, especially with a spotty data connection. 5. There is not a true CRM (customer relationship management) functionality. You can create email marketing campaigns, but it won't remind you customer's birthdays, or when someone has hit a loyalty program milestone, or let you auto-schedule calls or texts.

Rayanne from Williams AV & Security

EXCELLENT

Pros

HCP is very easy to use and a very intuitive layout. When we tried ProjX360 and D-Tools SI, there was a HUGE initial setup required and a HUGE learning curve to figure out how to use the programs. Not HCP. Easy to use from Day 1 and it's quick and easy for new employees to learn. One of the best things is the customer service. It's top notch. They always solve the problem, even if they have to go research and get back to me the next day (and they actually DO get back to me). They also make it easy to contact them with a button on the bottom right of the screen. Other softwares I have to scour the internet trying to find out how to contact customer service.

Cons

Would like to see more integrations and there are little things I would change here and there, but I know that's hard to do since the software covers so many different industries. A better way to pull reports would be especially good.

Terrell from McCall Enterprises, Inc.

Worth The Money

With Housecall Pro I like the fact that I don;t have to come to my office at the end of the day and do entries into Quick Books. The software does this in the field when you click the finish button. Furthermore, I like the fact that customers know when i'm on the way after I click the on my way button.

Pros

Housecall Pro is definitely worth the money we spend for this software. The software is constantly being improved with new features. If you are looking for a CRM that integrates with Quick Books look no further. This software has saved me time which is very important to me.

Cons

Although the software is amazing to use I must say the only thing I dislike is chatting into a Blue Chat Bubble for assistance versus getting someone on the phone and doing a screen share or just being able to hear a voice

Reasons for Choosing HouseCall Pro

I didn't look a long time and so glad I didn't.

Yennesy from First choice

Is great but could be better

I love it even though it cold be better.

Pros

How user friendly it is and how neat is compacked

Cons

I wish there was more ways to campaign your business, like more social medias and websites like yelp and more. Rating are very important to grow your business.

Reasons for Choosing HouseCall Pro

Well i was leaning towards Thryv it seemed to have all I needed even more way to boost your business but it was way more expensive. I settle with you guys because it had mostly all of it except the more options of campaign.

For daily service companies

It did get me thinking about how I do my books now which I use a software and I also log a general ledger by hand.

Pros

It keeps track of each project on a daily basis, My business is setup to where we could be on the same job for 1 week or 2 months , this software is best for daily services businesses.

Cons

That it did keep daily track of your operations, financial and cost of expenses including materials and labor efficiency.

Michael from Hunley Heating And Cooling

Best field service software for the money!

The customer service is amazing. You ask a question through the message "bubble", they answer your question and then someone calls you to make sure things are going ok. My parents don't call to check up as much as this company does. The HCP program is made to give your customer the best experience and bring you more customers. I'm just a guy from WV that started a family business. I have no reason to give this review besides just being more than satisfied with this company/family.

Pros

No other programs can come close to the price of this one. But don't let the price fool you. You get everything you could ever need for a fraction of what you'd pay anywhere else.

Cons

I can't think of anything at the moment.

Reasons for Choosing HouseCall Pro

Service, program, price, and customer service.

Scott from SMART CHOICE CLEANING

Housecall Pro will keep you organized in the office and in the field

My business just keeps on growing and with all the integration with other apps, it helps you get the jobs done and keeps your customer smiling even after you left.

Pros

I can do so much to not only keep up with my business but keep in touch with my customers. My customers love the attention that Housecall Pro gives them.

Cons

some gliches or work arounds. but when you bring it to their attention they start working for a solution right away.

Cameron from Longs A/C & Refrigeration

Pros

Extremely mobile friendly and easy to use on the go. The reporting is amazing and always trying to add to it and make it better and help it grow and build value in the program.

Cons

Could spend more time on some of the features to make them better instead of cranking out new features. Also we need a pause button for jobs that are not complete and not just segments.

Christine from Justin's Plumbing, LLC

Great Application for the Money

Overall I am pretty satisfied.

Pros

Easy integration, new features being added fairly quickly, love that they work with third party applications that help our business grow and features that benefit our customers such as the Consumer Financing, especially since the COVID hit. Their customer service is great, there is always someone willing to help me when I get in a jam and need help quickly. The software is easy to use and learn. There are features that can be added along the way as your business grows to help the company to continue to grow. I am waiting to see what new features they will add next.

Cons

Would like to see more consumer financing options for people with lower credit scores though. I would like to see the ability to add a middle name in the customer information section of the app. I have trouble when I have more than one customer with the same first and last name. Also, there is an issue where you only have the option of homeowner and business, but nothing for tenant. Not to mention that sometimes we have to bill the tenant and the the owner and vise versa. There is also and issue when you send the invoice over to QuickBooks and you have an invoice being sent to the owner but the tenant CST info was used to schedule the estimate and the job, it wants to put the tenants name in the Billing information section of the invoice instead of the sending or jobsite section of the invoice. I have to manually change the information before emailing or printing out the invoice in QuickBooks.

Reasons for Choosing HouseCall Pro

Because QuickBooks Field Service doesn't work with QuickBooks Online and we already had the QuickBooks Online and were already using it and did not want to have to switch over to the Desktop Version.

Dereck from Let There Be Light Electrical Services

Great addition to our small business.

1. Able to stay more organized. 2. Able to send out estimates faster. 3. Able to locate customers accounts faster.

Pros

1. Automated text within the app. 2. Start and finish times within the app. 3. Seems like there is always something new to learn and include in to your system. Excited to implement the new apps and features in the future. 4. Responses from the customer service chat are excellent and helpful. 5. Review toggle. 6. Pro Talks and take a lot of time to help make our business successful. 7. I like that every step or change that you make to accounts is documented. 8. The app dashboard snap shot of things happening or that has happened is great.

Cons

1. The way the notification stays active when a customer sends you a video message. 2. Sometimes the customers address when clicked within the app does not load properly on the maps you have chosen. Seems to work intermittently. 3. When texting a customer using the HCP provided number within the app and you click outside of the message box it does not allow you to come back in and click and move around the message box. Some instances if you wait to long the message disappears. We have gone to texting ourselves and then copying and pasting. 4. It would be helpful to have a reminder on the dashboard to snail mail invoices when a client doesn't have an email. 5. You cannot copy and paste from a text messaging portion within the app. i.e. Follow up to a previous text. 6. In order to search a phone number or customer on the desktop browser, I have to click within the customer tab. Wish there was a search bar within each tab on the dashboard. 7. Wish there was a way to toggle the reviews within the app with administrator access not tech access. Sometimes when turning on and off the reviews on your smart phone it opens the app automatically when safari is clicked unless you delete the cookies. 8. A follow up button with an automated email in a customers account, on the estimate page would be helpful, showing the follow up date and time and maybe does not allow you after so many attempts.

Reasons for Choosing HouseCall Pro

HCP was giving a promotion.

Ryan from Native Air Conditioning, LLC

Housecall Pro changed my life!

My overall experience with Housecall Pro has been fantastic. Even more so since I upgraded to the XL

Pros

Having the ability to track time, movement, KPI's, reviews, payments, scheduling etc is so powerful!

Cons

There are some things that yhe other juggernauts in the industry have that this software doesn't but I am confident they will get there, and I'm happy to have gotten in at basicalky the ground floor.

Reasons for Choosing HouseCall Pro

I chose Housecall Pro over these others amongst many things, customer service, price point, responsiveness, and that HCP is constantly working to get better.

Jacob from Raynor Doors of Nebraska

Housecall Pro Rocks

The best part about Housecall Pro is the fact that we have all of our information for the entire business in one spot. It is one stop shop. It also integrates with Quickbooks Online, so we do not have to mess with transferring everything every time. It automatically does it for us. The customer service is also great, as they are quick to find an answer if they cannot fix it right away. I would highly recommend this company and software.

Pros

This software brings our entire company together. It helps us with all the scheduling needs that we have, and definitely helps keep all of your information together in one spot. You can also access this from your mobile devices too which is huge! We wouldn't be where we are today in our company if it wasn't for Housecall Pro.

Cons

There are a few features missing, that could make some delegations a little easier, but after while, when they hear from a bunch of people that they want this option added, they will add and integrate it to the software.

Reasons for Choosing HouseCall Pro

The pricing for ServiceTitan was unreasonably high. Some of the products were great, and could be very useful, but after seeing other reviews, and looking at the actual price we would be paying per year, was incredibly high, and we would not be able to comfortably afford that!

Taylor from First Charlotte A.C. & Refrigeration Inc.

Great functionality!

Housecall Pro was so easy to setup and has been a breeze to use ever since. I've has a wonderful experience with the program and don't feel the need to seek further programming. Housecall was definitely the right choice for our company.

Pros

The best thing about this program is the simplicity. It takes no time to figure out how to learn something new with this program. The customer support is great to work with and can figure most things out rather quickly. It's is so nice having such a great program with all the essentials built in one.

Cons

There isn't much to not like. The program is always updating features. They always takes suggestions, which is nice. If you'd like to see something, it's usually there within a few months.

Reasons for Choosing HouseCall Pro

Housecall Pro was the best fit, for the best price. All other companies seemed as if you were getting less for more money.

Erin from 2 Brothers Pressure Washing

Industry: Environmental Services

Best process/program out there!

Amazing! Anytime, day or night that I have a question I just chat with an agent and someone is always able to direct me where to go or what to do. This program really is user friendly for your workers and your customers. I’ve always gone by: Keeping it stupid simple. This program can’t be any simpler.

Pros

New employees catch on very quickly! They like how user friendly it is for anyone and everyone who may not be technologically savvy! Our customers also enjoy the ease of paying their bills, seeing that we are on our way and even our progress along the way. We have been able to gain steady reviews after every completed job!

Cons

I would like to see more selections for pulling data and generating sales, total sales, estimated sales for each month, maybe a comparison graph of where you are now from last year or last month? The graphs and data I can pull now is good, however, it would be even better to be able to gather more since this is all that I use for the business. The other part would be, maybe making it less complicating? For example, if I want to compare anything of sales in the business right now (we detail and pressure wash) I was told I would need to gi back and make sure each job had a job tag, and then make sure I could identify it by one other thing that I can’t remember (I apologize). On the spot entering in all the customers information, there are times job tags are forgotten, however, now I try not to forget them ever. Overall, having a graph that could pull data without having to tag this and add that would allow me less time spending on that and more time on other business items that I can never seem to get much time for at all.

jon from ONI Plumbing

Invoices and reports is not really what this company whats to do.

My issue with this company is that they actually created an awesome layout. I payed another company in full this year but I'm not using them because there was a convoluted way of entering all of the info you need to generate an invoice and then upon emailing there was no message. So after writing two invoices I went right back to HCP. However, if you have a suggestions. You'll ask, "hey how to do this?" and they'll reply with an answer or "sorry we don't offer that know but will put it in the suggestion box." Then time goes on, you forget then the need for that particular Item comes up again. You remember and ask again-- same answer. You find on Facebook other people asked months before you but no change. It seems like: [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], payed to have the system created but then fired all the programmers. Having the ability to run a material report is bookkeeping 101. Signatures at the bottom of the invoice was asked by many but is is only available on the phone app and for approving an estimate. Other people have asked for material and labor to be separate. It seems like their not interested in updating their invoicing software as they learn the needs of the users. The users just have to adjust or not use it. The additional services their company has added is website building, credit card processioning, and marketing. when I signed up it was invoicing only. clearly they don't want to do that ant more.

Pros

Obviously, as said by others it allows you to free up time in office. You can easily write up an invoice from anywhere you have cell service. There is an ease of use factor and when you email invoice there is a pre-written message.

Cons

.....So with that massage your customer know knows who housecallpro.com is because they let the customer know it is from HOUSECALLPRO not you. There is no offline work-ability. so you have to take payment and bill later sometimes. when you write the invoice later the calendar, check in, and check out button consistently pushes the current time. even after you set it; for, if you need to edit it goes back to default upon doing so. If you take payment after the job and then require a signature well not on this invoice. only on the estimate and only in a smart device app. I use a desktop with cell service. Customer support is only through chat message If you want any additional features you have to pay more. And now, my accountant is asking for separation of materials and labor on the exported exel file; "oops....no can do," says HCP.

Wendy from O&M Plumbing Services, Inc.

Housecall Pro IS the BEST Platform for Businesses

By utilizing Housecall Pro platform, we are much more organized in our processes from Technicians, Customers and Training. Our revenue increased more than 25% in the first year and nearly 30 in the second. The hands on support from the very top echelon of upper management is unfounded. Nowhere else have we experienced first hand the level of support from all of Housecall Pro's teams from the top COO to the IT Technicians who continually improve the platform.

Pros

My most favorite part of this software is the people that back it up. Software is software, it's the people who make the difference. All of the Housecall Pro teams are some of the most amazing people in this world. The software is very user friendly with many features being created to meet the demands and needs of the trades that use. The continuous upgrades to the platform, features and 3rd party extensions that make the user experience more customizable for the intended users. Always pushing the boundaries of excellence.

Cons

The accounting side of things for the money transmitted to the bank. Sometimes there are glitches that cause problems within the money deposited transmissions and the tax rate causes errors that are not always an easy fix. The work around to fix the errors caused more work for me by having to go into my quickbooks to change a tax rate then reinstate it to the original rate. Oye' vei ?

Reasons for Choosing HouseCall Pro

The usability of the platform to meet the business requirements to succeed in our service plumbing industry. Ease of use platform that is easy to onboard in days not 6-8weeks. Support, training and live 1:1 webinars along with many features that are always being improved upon.

Scott from Watkins Carpet Cleaning

Pro user

Before joining house call Pro I had just purchased 500 invoices for over $100 and I've only used since then maybe 12:00 house call Pro makes it easier with invoicing scheduling the pricing when booking job is very difficult because your categories are too long so when you look at the price list on your phone for example it's almost impossible to find what you're looking for I really believe this is your number one problem on your house call Pro at if you could fix this as well as the Rolodex problem for example when a customer calls in it shows house call Pro customer but then you look them up on the Rolodex and hit the search hourglass they do not come up so what's the use even having it I have gotten lucky before was able to do it by scrolling down a little bit but it's just doesn't make sense I would spend a little money and get some programmers and fix both of those problems it's very important that you abbreviate carpet is CPT uppercase C or all uppercase and in clean until there's more room to the right of that to put the title of what the item is in the price list I don't mean to jump around a little bit but I just got off work and I'm trying to wind down.

Pros

Scheduling jobs. But there are several problems with scheduling jobs that I mention later in this review please pay attention it could help your business a great deal I know from experience in the past dealing with other marketing companies such as Angie's List what they have done wrong the information provided here is priceless I have a degree in marketing please listen to what I have to say I think you all have great positive attitude and I really appreciate who you are but I really believe there's some issues that you need to fix at a low cost compared to the amount of money that house call Pro will lose in the future please consider everything in this review that I have to say and I promise you will be number one in this industry because already you show that you care by having the pros the people that really take this seriously go to your company meetings that is very intelligent but please read what I have to say here thank you!

Cons

I think this app needs some work for example existing customers is almost impossible to locate but you know they're in the Rolodex for one house called does have it right by showing that it's a previous customer but how do you look that person up in the Rolodex it's virtually impossible I get lucky every now and then but I've given up. The other problem is I paid $50 for a credit cards swiping product but it doesn't work and I don't quite get the text messages but if house call Pro had a live person I could figure out a lot more but it doesn't seem to exist I was at one time in contact with an [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and then they drop the ball I have nobody to talk to and another thing is when you do talk to people you should make it to where you are automatically emailed for a customer a representative review so then your representatives do a better job and try their best for example Angie's List represented always had a chip on their shoulders even though they were review company they never reviewed themselves I've watched them go from nine hundred million dollars almost a billion dollars down to five hundred million dollars and sold out with a Icee at 550 million dollars all because nobody would listen to their business partner Scott Watkins. I have a lot of entrepreneurial ideas and place I am soon retiring from carpet cleaning and I will be a multi-millionaire it would be in the best of of interest of house call Pro to listen to my advice I have a degree in marketing.

Scott from Pac Pro Clean Services Inc.

Love HouseCall Pro

Overall great! I have referred it to many friends and people I talk to. It far surpasses any software I’ve seen or used and the way they communicate and run the company is just icing on the cake.

Pros

HCP has made my day to day business adman much easier. It literally replaces a part time employee w all that it does for me. The digital schedule is great. The text and email reminders that are sent out look so professional-I get comments from customers saying they love all “my” communications (it’s mostly automatic). So cool! The invoicing is clear, the cc payment link that comes on every invoice sent out has helped to keep a/r low. Everything is at the click of a button, and very user friendly. One of the really great things is their customer service. When I get stuck or have any glitches, they reply within minutes (no joke), and it’s always a precise reply. Sometimes they tell me there’s no feature for what I’m asking but they submit my request for the feature to be a future addition. Overall, it’s been the best software addition I’ve had. This is my 4th software over 20 yrs of doing business and with all their constant updates I don’t expect to ever have to change again.

Cons

There are features that don’t exist yet. I have been able to find work arounds for all of them. For example, you can’t send out a broadcast marketing email to your customer base. However, you can easily export your client list to do it through another platform. You can easily and send out a custom postcard to your client list through HCP, it can even be automatic. Since it’s cloud based, if I don’t have cell svc or wifi, I can’t access any info or process any invoices/estimates etc. This is a limitation.

Lisa from JERRY'S PLUMBING & HVAC

User friendly

We are a small family business we specialize in full Plumbing & HVAC services. We came across House Call Pro from another vendor who visited our home , at the time we were looking into going automated, prior we were all manual. We called other vendors however their prices were very high. I called House call Pro the monthly price was very reasonable and it was perfect for our needs. We are very happy with the software and its made our life so much easier. Honestly we look back now and cant believe we were manual!!! When I do have a question customer service is quick to respond . We also feel this software made our company look much more professional, our customers receive a confirmation when in route and we are able to take payments and email receipts as well as estimates immediately. We definitely recommend House Call Pro!!

Pros

This software is very user friendly, without any training most of our team was able to dive right in and start using the software immediately . I love the fact that we can schedule, take payments view our customers history and overall have the ability to use every function of the software whether your in the office or out if the field. We can send internal messages to our staff as well as our customers. This software shows our overall earnings, tracks invoices that our outstanding and honestly allows our company to run smoothly and efficiently.

Cons

In the beginning for some reason if I had to go back and close out a job and back date it, the software would not allow me to choose the appropriate date, however this has been fixed and I haven't had any recent problems with this particular issue.

Reasons for Choosing HouseCall Pro

pricing was way to high with the other vendor. House Call Pro was perfect for the size of our business needs.

tonya from Quality Sheet Metal Heating & Air, Inc

An important appendage of our growing company

As we are going I find that Housecall pro is growing with our company. Just when I think that we might have outgrown the features poof there they are. It's like they are reading our minds! I enjoy the ease of communicating with the customers and follow up with postcards.

Pros

The equipment tracking feature for each customer has simplified life both for the inside staff and the techs. Now that we have the service agreement options, the tech's have an easier time tracking the details of the services. It has helped with our inside sales to be more consistent with customers' maintenance and generating more income.

Cons

As we are going and figuring out our growing pains, I have come to realize that it would great to have a system to track inventory as our techs use it with each customer in live time. This type of feature would help with repurchasing and tracking lost inventory.

Reasons for Choosing HouseCall Pro

I choose Housecall Pro due to the ease of the system. I have older people that were not comfortable running electronically and this seemed to be rather simple for them to learn. On the flip side, it's advanced enough for our staff to utilize it with Quickbooks online, emailing proposals and tracking invoices.

James from TLC Refrigeration and Air Conditioning

Great, I am where I am today mainly because of their system, I wouldn't have been able to manage things like I do today without them.

Pros

I love how its evolved over the past 2 years, it has grown as I have. Their team is on point and very intuitive to its customer's needs. I started using the software for the simple reason someone had reached out to me to help them build one, and after a few months of using their software I realized how difficult it would be to do along with my business, I even at one point looked at leaving and did so. I thought I found the answer to my problem with Fusion something, I started to pay them and continued using HCP until I felt comfortable with the new system and rolling it out with my team. After about 2 months I realized they were not on the same level or page as HCP. like I said I never stopped using them luckily, it would have costed me more time and more money if I had. They have been amazing for 2 years and plan on sticking with them as long as they plan on taking my money. They have an amazing Facebook group that has helped me in many situations amazing Pros from all over with wonderful insight.

Cons

they will make mistakes as we all do, no one is perfect. I've made so many in the short time I've been in business and I'm not dealing with the volume of people as they do. So I try to keep that in mind when one does come up. Their team really is amazing, I can't say anything bad about them.

Reasons for Choosing HouseCall Pro

I heard from another person in the industry about them, and when I looked at pricing compared to others it was a no brainer. I actually have accounts on 1 site from Home Warranty's that they pay for, and its garbage compared to HCP. It really is user friendly and if I can navigate around it as easy as I do then I believe anyone can.

Nathan from Culp's Heating & Cooling Solutions LLC

Very good quality software for extremely reasonable price.

A most pleasant surprise that I never planned on having. Now it's hard to imagine not having it for a tool. Progressive changes and additions evolve the software frequently. But user interaction is fairly simple to learn. The capabilities to help with a companies growth and customer experience are immense and always getting better.

Pros

A software service I just stumbled upon through a distributors app. Had no plan to sign up at all. I wanted the free gift for completion of a demo. It has helped in ways that I never thought would be a need for my business. My clients appreciate the messaging/reminder of services plus real time updates to arrival. All paperless invoicing saves on overhead. Highly professional looking invoices that provide my customers an itemized description of their service. Customers open an invoice and click the pay link or can pay by credit card reader with standard rates or lower. Easily links to quickbooks. And then automated thank you emails with requests for reviews.

Cons

I find it difficult to link my reviews across all platforms available to my customers. Having nearly 100 reviews with a perfect 5 star rating and well written reviews about my services provided, if new potential customers can't see them across other platforms is somewhat useless.

Reasons for Choosing HouseCall Pro

Less expensive and seemed geared more towards HVAC with some pre packaged industry specific templates.

Lisa from All City Plumbing

Invoicing Software Program

Housecall Pro has an excellant team of employees. They are always there for me when I have a quick second to check on an issue or problem I am encountering. They are great at walking you through or demonstrating to you right through the app, what you need to do to solve your issue you may be having.

Pros

This software is amazing. On the main page, (we call it our work board). It shows all outstanding jobs, along with a calendar in front of you that can be used to schedule the jobs to all of your service technicians in the field. Once your service technician completes the job, you can enter the information in the office, or you can have them enter the information from their I-Pads out in the service field. You can also send a invoice immediately to the customer from the I pad or Office Personnel. They can be sent through emails or texts to the customers. The customers can pay once they receive the bill or you can collect and enter the information from the job site. This program has everything you need to be efficient with your business. They have so many different tools you can use. You can increase your work load tremendously if you want to with the different tools they have to offer, if you choose to grow your business, the sky is the limit.

Cons

I have to go through too many screens sometimes to complete a task. Such as looking up address information on a particular property. I wish I could learn to tie the addresses together so I can see all of the work completed at one particular address in one place.

Michelle from Mikesell's ProCare Services

Amazing!

With HCP we are able to streamline invoicing & dispatching. We are also able to provide valuable information to our clients that we could not do before. We increased efficiency by 45% within the first 30 days of using HCP.

Pros

Setting up our company was very easy and quick. Invoicing and dispatching jobs is detailed and easy to do. Creating price lists is the best feature, it eliminates questions often asked by staff on how to price something. We were able to create several price lists to accommodate contracted clients, residential and sub contractor pricing as well. Purchasing HCP software was the best decision we have made for business solutions. We are able to track labor, costs, payroll, invoicing, dispatching, we can see the location of technicians in the field also. You have the ability to track them in live time. The best feature the technicians like is the ability to take pictures within the app and add directly to specific work orders. Customer service is exceptional and responds quickly(depending on the time of day). In most cases you can find the answer you're looking for via the FAQ section. This feature is available on the desktop and mobile formats making it easy for technicians in the field to find an answer themselves without having to call into the office for information. Running reports are simple as well.

Cons

Our least favorite items within the app is not being able to select which permissions you want employees to be able to see. Meaning the tech can see revenue on jobs etc. There is a 2day lag on deposits. The processing fees for a CC is inline with other merchants currently available.

Reasons for Choosing HouseCall Pro

HCP offered everything we needed and features we didn't know we needed.

Chase from Blue Dog Carpet Cleaning LLC

Great Software for Residential Service

HCP handles a lot of my business for me. It even has online booking features.

Pros

Many things. I like the payment options I can give to clients, the calendar sync, estimates, postcard integration, support systems etc.

Cons

Sometimes it takes a while to load on the customer's end so they think it’s not working. I think it’s just because it’s encrypted though.

Reasons for Choosing HouseCall Pro

Because Launch 27 was very confusing for me and to the customers. You almost have to program it out. HCP is much simpler to use and customers prefer it. I ran both systems to test them out.

Response from Housecall Pro

Replied December 2019

Thanks for the loyalty and 5-star review, Chase! And glad to hear you are taking advantage of online booking. Did you know that more than 1/3 of homeowners want to book service appointments online? Great that you are not missing these important folks.

Jason from Expedition Heating and Air

Housecall Pro - ALMOST the best home services software on the market

Initially very good upon onboarding. As soon as we were up and running we were asked to join a few other programs they offered which were beneficial to us and due to the initial low price we were happy to add these on. As far as functionality, the system is great for home services companies with features like "on my way" texting and emails as well as processing for payments and online booking. Implementation by the company was our issue. The features were great but many were buggy and did not work well together.

Pros

Housecall Pro has a robust amount of features in an affordable package. The main interface is fairly easy to use Dedicated online fan base on Facebook that is a ton of help

Cons

No official support phone line from the company. They utilize a chat bubble on their website for support and have little to no way of escalating a problem to speak with someone. The implementation of new features comes fast and furious. The features are not always perfected before implementation and are buggy

Reasons for Choosing HouseCall Pro

a much larger catalog of options and seemingly great customer support

Response from Housecall Pro

Replied December 2019

Thanks for your loyalty and the 4-star review, Jason. We are constantly making improvements to the platform and launching new features. Our chat bubble is able to handle many of our customer's questions, but we have recently launched some packages that come with dedicated phone support for those who prefer that. Please take a look and let us know if you would be interested in one!

Brian from BEM Corp

Housecall Pro Getting Better With Age.

We are a small HVAC service and install company. Using Housecall Pro has been a positive experience. It has greatly improved scheduling for both customers and employees. A/R has been a very positive aspect. Integration with QB has made the accounting side of the business cleaner with less conflict. We are now beginning to use the service contract feature. HCP support always respond in a timely fashion and are always seeking to improve.

Pros

Seamless integration with Quickbooks is the most important feature. Once we learned to categorize where we wanted charges to show in QB such as "Labor" or "Material & Supplies" then reconciliation became easy. Software is easy to navigate and customize. Scheduling service for our customers is a major feature and increases customer confidence. Our A/R has improved dramatically. More of our customers use the pay online feature and the ability to accept cc payments is a huge plus. Admin settings allow to set cc minimum payments and employee access through mobile app.

Cons

Would love have an attachment icon in customer history window indicating service calls that have attached photos or documents uploaded without having to open each one individually. I would also like to have the ability to record customer equipment Model & Serial #'s and connect services to particular equipment. Example: Customer has (5) individual air con systems. Enter Model & Serial #'s, and name systems. Then all future service at that site can be attached to a particular piece of equipment with the ability to run a report. Options for "Summer" & "Winter" maintenance to run reports for recurring future would also be on my wish list.

Jennifer from Sarah's Air LLC

MY overall experience has been great, whenever i need customer service they are available and always helpful via chat or phone call

Pros

The owners were use too and liked a different dispatching/invoicing system. When I was hired as the Office Manager I was trained to use that system but always felt like it was out dated and not user friendly. I ran across an ad for house call pro on social media. I immediately loved what I saw, the ease of the program and how customers could make payments online and leave reviews for our business and technician experience. I showed the owners and we made the switch to housecall pro and have never regretted it.

Cons

I wish the system could notify me when my technicians went in route, started there job and finished there job. Wish some sort of push notification or a chime when the dash board is open

Reasons for Choosing HouseCall Pro

All the features it has to offer, easy for my technicians to use. Can provide customers with quotes onsite. Can build my own price book . The approve and decline feature for quotes.. there is to many great things to name.

Ben from Fibra, Inc

HCP listens

We enjoy using HCP. There the best we've used by far, and we've used camelot and servicemonster. The Mastermind was helpful and we get the feeling they overall care and are out there to make us better. Our clients rave about the omw's and finishes communication. I love texting through the app (although I wish you could see/use that from the desktop). It simply makes us look more professional and it usually works... which is more than I can say about other services.

Pros

I like that a conference call was set up with me to discuss a major issue I had with billing multiple contact/dept clients. They listened to my concerns and within 2 hours made a change to the software they we now utilize on a weekly basis.

Cons

There's still a few buttons that need to be accessible a little easier. For instance, the client search has too many steps to be the single most used button. (that's why we have hcp is to keep track of our clients info etc. (too many un-needed steps). You've made me click the client page, then I have to select the search bar... which happens to be on the opposite end of the screen. Either have the search bar auto fill (start curser there) so we can click client, and then start typing the clients name, or (my preference) add the search bar to the header and have it accessible from every page. 2nd biggest fix requested: I really wish we would get a notification similar to when a invoice doesn't connect with QBO properly for when our text and emails don't go through to the client. We love the software so much that we use the omw, finish tabs as well as sending estimates via email... and it's frustrating hearing the client didn't receive the notification only to then learn we had a missing letter or wrong digit etc. that we could have caught initially. It makes the client feel like we've forgotten them when they are expecting the notification and we do our part, but they don't receive it.... and we don't know that it didn't get completed.

Barry from Socal Carpentry

Industry: Architecture & Planning

House call review

Pros

App use experience is phenomenal. I have written estimates In a time crunch in the driveway of the customers house b4 a sales meeting. While not ideal, the ability to have something for my client rather than nothing is all the difference. Only Houscall makes this possible.

Cons

Housecall over all gets 5 stars , no question about it. The only reason I gave 4 stars is some areas is because I am seeing the potential of the product and would like to see house call achieve that potential. Web based use is definitely not the same experience as the app. Pages bog, cursors lag, and it takes time to write proposals and navigate. While the organization of the web based platform is truly superior, the navigation is not. I choose to log on the web based platform because of the clarity and organizational benefits but I often find myself frustrated, losing unsaved pages or saying “ common”. With that said there is nothing that even comes close to what housecall offers me so take that criticism in perspective to the the truly awesomeness of house call as a whole. I would like to add that house call software engineers have come up with some great ideas! Ideas I never knew I needed but now can not go with out. Features such as street view and home value in the customers page is very helpful. Other helpful features SA colab with employees and sales updates, employee tracking and credit card processing on site are In app features I have been introduced to that I can’t live with out. These features may not seem like the back bone of your business head on but i can tell you in hindsight they all add up and contribute to your over all competitive edge.

Reasons for Choosing HouseCall Pro

There were no other comparable products at the time i began using housecall and I see no reason to ever begin using anything else. I have become accustomed to housecall and i now have a good relationship with the product. I would not want to learn anything new or move my business elsewhere ever if possible.

Boo from Tribal Electric LLC

Clients LOVE it!

I love that it talks to quick books, but sometimes there are glitches that my book keeper can't figure out without an HCP rep. I love how easy it is to use on my phone.

Pros

The feedback I get from clients is that they love the professionalism of the software, the easy ways to communicate, the online booking option, the automated 'on my way' text and paying online. What I like is how easy it is to look at. I know other software have more options, but sometimes less is more. You can get lost in all the functions and it makes it harder to use. I don't need a lot of the other features that other software offers. I need software that is quick and easy to use (and hard to screw up). The way everything is set up makes each page easy to look at, therefore, easy to navigate and use.

Cons

I don't like that I can't call someone to help me figure something out. I don't like that the invoice number is not the same as the estimate number and sometimes it can be tricky to keep them the same. I wish there was an automated function to send an invoice for the deposit once someone approves an estimate. Another thing that would be helpful is if people can schedule an estimate online, not just a job. I know I can convert jobs to estimate, but numbering can get tricky. One more thing. It would be helpful if on the app, you can see the invoice number right on the calendar or when you open up the job. I'm in metal warehouses a lot buying material and I have to select the invoice button just to see the invoice number and reception is bad. My way around it has been putting the invoice number in the notes, but that's obnoxious.

Reasons for Choosing HouseCall Pro

It's easy to look at on the computer and phone. Easy to navigate and not too many options for me to get lost in. It is just what I need.

Roger from Tully Electric Inc

Gets easier to use and better everyday. Support from the company is amazing, they are alway evolving

HCP is giving me time to market and feels like a partner or mentor to our continued growth and success.

Pros

Ease of setup. Kind and patient support team. Did I say patient? After our office manager retired, we were able to implement HCP and within weeks realized that we no longer needed an office manager! It was tough to change my ways after doing “what worked” for the first 28 years, but these last two years with HCP have really helped us grow and I spend about 15 hours/week less sitting at a desk. Our crews like having the power to create estimates and quote work and extras. The payment portal speeds up collections. The software is constantly improving. We are a completely paperless company now, save for permit applications and such. It is so easy to schedule out days, weeks, a month. Drag and drop to move appointments. Creating/changing unit prices is so easy.

Cons

Making changes to estimates or invoices to a customer puts you back to the dashboard, which is distracting if you are handling multiple invoices for a property management company for instance. A work around is to open each one in a new window on the desktop. We use the desktop site in the field since the mobile site will not rotate on our iPads and we have keyboard cases. The dashboard shows outstanding invoices when you log on, but you cannot click on them individually to review. No integration with QB desktop, though I may be the only person who has that problem.

Reasons for Choosing HouseCall Pro

Lack of transparency initially regarding their rates, etc. High pressure sales, felt a bit like a target. The online reviews were all over the place.

Kathryn from Higher Education

Makes my job so much easier!

Before Housecall Pro, my previous employer had stacks of paper invoices she was trying to collect on and manually texting out service calls to each of her in-field technicians EVERY DAY. I was hired specifically to help implement an easier way to operate her small but growing HVAC company. I started research on the different software available and even trialed two before I came across Housecall Pro. One week after implementing and training our technicians we saw a significant improvement in communication between staff and customers as well as collecting on invoices. I was so pleased with Housecall Pro I recommended it to a family member who also has an HVAC company out of Phoenix. I now work remotely for him and cannot be more thrilled that I am again working with Housecall Pro. Thank you for such awesome customer service and a great overall product. This software was perfect for the small service-based business's I have had the pleasure to work with.

Pros

With my main responsibility being dispatching service calls and administrative work, Housecall Pro makes it so easy to have all of the information in one place. You are able to see the status of service calls and invoice homeowners directly from the app. Another great feature of Housecall Pro is offering direct communication with customers and employees via text from the app. The convenience of an online dispatching system is that information can be accessed and updated in real-time so that everyone has accurate information at all times. Customer service agents are available via chat during business hours and provide solutions to problems that you have within minutes which is also very helpful and reassuring when you have questions.

Cons

There is nothing in particular that I don't like about Housecall Pro. Housecall Pro will continue to offer an excellent product, while actively improving their site and adding new features on a regular basis.

Reasons for Choosing HouseCall Pro

It was easier, affordable, and offers the most for your money.

Mike from Morrow Plumbing Inc.

A review of Housecall Pro CRM

It is much easier to look up phone numbers, addresses, and prior work orders within Housecall Pro vs. our former manual paper system. Also a good feature HC Pro provides is the ability to collect payments in the field which is probably more accurate and faster than other methods.

Pros

Housecall Pro is a great CRM product. We are a plumbing company and we use this software every day and it helps us keep track of our customers in the cloud. We have not started using Housecall Pro in the field as of yet, but we will soon. Once a person learns the software it is fairly easy to upload a list of inventory items such as plumbing parts and then add these parts to a customer's invoice. We are experimenting with locating parts through voice recognition from the tablet and then adding these parts to the invoice rather than keying them in by hand. We use a time and material vs. flat rate customer invoicing system. Many companies are hard to reach or place you on long holds when you call them. Housecall Pro utilizes a chat feature which provides a timely response to our questions. Housecall Pro is an affordable and good quality software program that is web based. Some of the features of the program include job scheduling, dispatch, customer invoicing, the ability to accept credit cards in the field, and more. Overall we are very satisfied with Housecall Pro and recommend them as a Field Service Software solution.

Cons

It would be nice to have sub categories or some type of drop down menu for our parts so they would be easier to find. For example it would make sense to have a category called copper fittings and then a sub category called elbows, and then a sub category to that for different types of elbows such as 22, 45, and 90 degree. Since we are time and material plumbers it would also be nice to have an automated way to calculate our labor costs based on time spent on the job, but this still requires a manual calculation from what I understand.

Reasons for Choosing HouseCall Pro

I chose Housecall Pro because it is a local company based in San Diego, California and I figured it would be better for customer service because they are in the same time zone as our company. Also HC Pro was more affordable than other solutions we considered.

Jaime from 805 Plumbing Inc.

Plumbing Dispatch Friendly

Pros

I no longer have to fill out work orders or contantly update customers with arrival times and scheduling. The app does it for us! It's saved me a lot of time so I can focus on other aspects of our business and has pleased our customers greatly! It's showing from the increase of reviews! The ability to link to Google and QBO are two of the best features as well as the time I save on the phone with customers playing call tag, etc. In plumbing, we are able to edit the blocks of time for unexpected repairs that come up and prevent overbooking and add segments for ongoing WIP jobs. HCP has made my work streamlined from the start!

Cons

There are a few features I wish that are available but that doesn't mean they won't be in the near future with their hard working support team. A subtotal line is desperately needed. I wish I got emails when my customers do so I can quickly reference what and when I sent it. Segment options for estimates would be nice since at this point you can only select one of multiple estimates. A drop down list of customers when searching for one would save me some time. Some customers have difficult spelling of names so to be able to type the first and second letter and have it bring up the customer list would be a huge help without having to press enter.

Christina from Stollwerck Plumbing LLC

Common Sense Approach to Managing your Clients and Employees!

Sometimes, using multiple software applications, to try and get one job done can be frustrating. Not so with HouseCall Pro. The customer service over chat is so quick and easy, as well as the "tips and troubleshooting" search -- any problems I am having are usually "self-generated." LOL!

Pros

This has got to be the easiest "learning curve" I have ever experienced. Coming from a completely different industry, to manage the office here was a bit daunting. BUT - HouseCall Pro made it much easier. a) Customers: Easy to set up customers in system, note their special preferences, create "tags" to track for where they heard about us, and contact them via emails or texts. Each account has the Zillow pic and profile of each of our customers - providing a wealth of information to us before we even arrive to service their home. b) Employees: Love the "personal touch" of adding the photos of our team - Our customers can see who is arriving - and - with the notification system, they know when they will be there. TimeTracker makes payroll a snap, and allows employees the flexibility to check in and out while out in the field thru the app - not tied to a punch clock or computer in the office. c) Scheduling: Easy to use, nice 'color-coding' features for each employee, with options to notify your customer of changes or not. Quickly able to schedule on the fly, thru the phone app. Can look day, week or month with a quick tab change. d) Invoicing: LOVE it --- the team can enter in all their details, which would normally have to be transcribed from paper notes, on the Work Orders thru the phone app. Nice presentation to the customers, with immediate email invoice available, the minute the job is done and paid for. AND it flows to QuickBooks!

Cons

Creating "work arounds" for creating multiple sub-accounts for a main client. Sometimes, there needs to be a three layer deep ability to categorize a customer. Example: Parent Company (Main Customer), which has multiple condominium complexes (Sub Accounts of Main Customer)- each one having its own name/ billing account, and then, the need to create sub accounts for each Condo Complex (a Sub Sub Account) - for each individual Unit (for service address)

Reasons for Choosing HouseCall Pro

Another local plumbing outfit recommended we try HouseCall.

Wayne from Simple Heating and Air

The best service management software for small to medium service companies.

Pros

Housecall pro was designed with the most important things to be successful in business in mind. They are constantly improving the software, and have estabilshed a community that you can tap into to become a better business. They listen to their users and are proactive. And the mobile version works great! I have Housecall pro fully integrated with Quickbooks Online, offer integrated online booking, offer service agreements, and impress customers with the automated texts and emails. I originally spent I don't know how many hours looking for the right software, trying to figure out what they all actually did, and tried several different programs. I even switched to another software after using Housecall for a year because I thought they were not going to develop their service agreement capabilities, but that

Cons

Over the past two years, there have been several issues for which I have needed to use a work around, but most of those issues have been, or are being addressed. Currently the most inconvenient issue is a somewhat clunky estimate process, and the inability to create multi-option estimates from the mobile app, but they are working to solve that issue.

Reasons for Choosing HouseCall Pro

Housecall pro worked better for me and their customer service and online community is exceptional.

Julie from Pro-Fresh Carpet Care LLC

My HCP experience

HCP has brought our business to the next level. We have been using the software for two years and have a very basic plan. Before HCP, we were keeping our appointments in a spiral calendar and customer information was difficult to maintain. With HCP, we have been able to better track our customer activity and history. One of the newer features that I find interesting is the lifetime value of the customer. This is giving us some insight into how much revenue our customers generate. I am considering upgrading to the next level of HCP to begin accessing some of the marketing tools that HCP promotes.

Pros

I like the ease of use for employees and users in the field. It is simple, yet allows our company to be in contact with our customers. From the office perspective, we have reduced how many invoices we are sending the mail significantly. Our customers like receiving e-mails from us, including the invoices. The portal for payment is easy to use. There has been a significant increase in online payments through the portal. Our employees find the app easy to use and the location services make it easy for them to find our customers homes.

Cons

The times on the schedule page, need to somehow be highlighted or the top of the hour bolded. It is really difficult to schedule an appointment on the week view for Friday, because the time is in the far left margin. I would love to have the ability to make comments on the time card section. That way when I need to make a change to an employee's time card, I can also note why the change was made. The way that the credit card payments integrate with quickbooks is frustrating, as I have to go to each transaction and manually change where it posts the payment. I would like to have the ability to designate where the payment goes. In addition, it would be nice to change the QB display name on HCP ourselves, instead of talking with customer support. One more thing, can payments affecting more than one invoice be posted as one payment, versus each individual invoice. This would make processing deposits so much easier.

Denise from Capital Rating & Documentation Services, Inc.

HOUSE CALL PRO

I like HouseCall Pro very much on the desk top version and would definitely recommend the program to others. I would not recommend the mobile version at this point only because of the issues I have stated. I hope that in time the mobile version will catch up to the desk top version for the ADMIN to be able to conduct business whether in the field or in the office.

Pros

I like the way house call works on the desk top. It is quick and easy for me to do all my daily tasks as it pertains to each individual project I have going on. It is pretty easy to navigate through. The system allows me to keep all projects organize even if we have to go back out on more then one occasion.

Cons

I don't like how difficult it is to search on the desk top version for a particle project. It would make it quicker and simpler to have a "1" step process to look up any project by address or contractor name. Too many steps and difficult right now to find what I am looking for. The mobile version needs to be simpler for the ADMIN to be able to use. If I am away from the office I can only see my projects, not ALL. I need to be able to see all as the ADMIN in order to conduct business when I am away from my desk and office. Our business requires putting in the home owner address which is not the contractor's address on file. When I try to schedule a job in the field on the mobile version I can never put in the address of the home owner which is where I need my employee to go.(NOT THE CONTRACTOR OFFICE) I have to always put it in the notes and take an extra step to tell the employee address is in the notes instead of where it should be. This makes it very difficult to work with and dispatch my employee to the correct address.

JULIE from Dan Only HVAC A Partnership

This software changed my life and kept my relationship together!

it makes my job way easier AND we were able to have a paperless office.

Pros

Ok so my partner and I started a new business together and I was using Joist which, for free, is a sweet app but I quickly realized that a serious business needed a serious software to help with logistics. Demo ensued and... Long story short our sales person was really cool and answered all of my difficult questions with ease. And trust me I am an office gorilla. And if you are trying to bamboozle me, well, I have those maternal instincts that can smell bamboozling a mile away. the program was easy to use and easy to learn. It has a real-time app that my tech in the field uses, it is partnered with zillow so the service address shows up with all the juicy details, bed/bathroom, sq ft, price it sold for . my tech uses the map function so he doesn't have to call me for directions. you can search specific date ranges and tag customers with specific tags for ROI data. It keeps a graph display dashboard of all the business vitals. Unlike other programs this one lets you pick the level you want to pay and for more you can get extra services. the lowest level still gives you plenty to run a successful business. I LOVE house call Sparky, the virtual text concierge, that reminds clients when their appointment is, confirms appt, tells them when the tech is en route and when a job is finished. There is a pay online feature, a "bill to separate address" feature, and the customer service is the BEST I've ever dealt with. they even take suggestions.

Cons

when you use the payment box to run a credit card it pops up in the center of the screen and you cant move it to see what the billing zip is on the screen below it. I don't know if it's me but sometimes it takes a few seconds longer than I like to load between screens. There might be a toggle feature I am missing. I work hard and I expect my technology to do the same. I would like to see a little more flexibility in the price list feature. It should operate faster with the line item selection. If I pick something I know is in our saved price list it takes a minute for it to populate the selection box. When you are inputting the prices of line items by hand the cursor goes to weird places in the price. drives me bonkers

Rebekah from Rosi's Cleaning Service

Combined most of my programs into one

We are a commercial cleaning business and have been in business for almost 20 years. For the last few years we have been transitioning from paper to digital. We have multiple employees, that are private contractors. They work at several locations. Each location has it's own pricing. Most times any additional services or charges added to a job are reported back with in a day or two. We were using a paper calendar for on the go access, that was then copied to a shared online calendar. That information was entered into an invoicing program and invoices were emailed via a private email account. The process from work ordered to invoice sent could take up to a week depending on when our employees got back with information about the job. Going into this next year we decided to try an "all in one" program. Housecall Pro so far has been great! It has most of the features we need. I love the app feature that comes with this program. It pings the employee when a job is assigned. Reminds them of upcoming work, gives directions to the location and lets them add details, pictures, or services to that job on site. My workload has been cut significantly, allowing me to get to other administrative demands finished that usually get pushed into my weekend. Having the calendar, employee assignment, clients, services, and invoicing all in one place is amazing. I've had to make some adjustments and "tricks", since it is a basic program. But nothing enough that's made it difficult to use. Overall it has taken a good amount of stress and transition from our plate. For single users to a company with multiple employees, this program can do a lot for you.

Pros

Convenience, combines most of your business programs into one easy to use program Customer Service, with offices on both coasts I am able to get in contact with customer service within 10 minutes. Accessibility, I can access the program from any computer with internet connection or use my phone via the app. Faster Reporting, employees out on the job can add details, services, or new jobs on sight. Cuts out bridges between programs and communication, I can enter in a job on the program, assign my employee and it's sent to whomever I need it to be sent to (employee or client) saves me from having to enter it onto either a paper calendar, or a shared calendar, and then notifying the employee of the job and then waiting on a report that they have completed the work. No contract - you can do monthly, half year or annual commitments

Cons

Limited customization, I have to incorporate my own item code to personalize my clients services. The invoices are also limited on what can be changed/added Only completed jobs can be searched. There's no search or sort option for each client. So I have to scroll through jobs. Once a client accumulates work it can be a hassle to scroll though pages of information. Confirmation emails, because the invoices are sent though the program. I don't receive confirmation emails. It only show what has been sent.

Cameron from Warsh My Windows

Long time User Review!!! Love this App and Company

Pros

I have been a user since House Call Pro went national with their service. I don't have anything but good things about the company itself and the app/software! First, the app is for the phone works flawlessly and has improved so much since I first started. (aka awesome development and customer service team behind the app). The latest feature that I love is the employee time tracking feature! They can clock in and out right in the app! and the report for that is simple and user-friendly! I have 1 employee and looking to add another and this solves that huge time tracking issue I was having because they listen to their pros. Now that doesn't cover what my customers have said to me about how they like all the notifications and email reminders and text alerts and so on and so on. This adds so much value to my company. Communication with customers is I think #1 in service based business' and House Call Pro knocks it out of the park! Also great customer service. Great development speed. They are always getting feedback from their pros and using that to put the more requested features to the top of their development roadmap. I love that and have seen it over and over again the past 1.5 years or so I have been using the app.

Cons

Cons? I would have to say no Ipad native app. However, they have made changes to the web portal so it is touch screen friendly and you can still use the mobile app as well just zoomed in. But the web portal through the browser on my iPad works well, I just know it would be snappier as a dedicated app. BUT I also know adding another version of the app would slow overall development of new features as a whole so I am understanding.

Mike from Cornerstone Painting and Drywall

Almost There

I am a painting and drywall contractor in the Indianapolis area and have looked at about a dozen different programs to help me run my business. The first thing I can say, is that it seems that no perfect program exists, since most are either too generic (difficult to tailor to my industry) or too cumbersome. I actually "used", as in, not really, Builder Trend for a period of time, but found it to be way more than I really needed. Method CRM was another, but it seemed too difficult to master. Several of my coleages in the industry are using estimating software, in addition to Basecamp, Pipeline Deals and other things. Since I am a one man operation, I have to do everything from sales to production to marketing to billing, so time is at a premium for me and I needed a solution that was easy enough to learn. I also needed a program that would synch with my Quickbooks online (another imperfect program, but its what I know) and allow me to function in the field. I eventually stumbled upon HouseCall Pro and was impressed enough to give it a shot. Right from the start, I found it easy to learn. In fact, I signed up, had my personalized tutorial and three hours later was writing my first estimate in the field on it. I will highlight the pros and cons in the fields below, but I can say that this is a company that is constantly improving its product. I get the sense that they want to be able to provide a one stop program. I say that because I have had conversations with one of their specialists and he was asking me what else would I like to see them doing to improve. They have a chat bubble online (at your desktop only) that is available most hours and they connect quickly with helpful answers. My biggest beef with this program is that they are spending a lot of time building new features into the program when I think they should be tweaking existing features. For example, there is an auto responder email feature that you can set up for as many emails as you like, but they have not included an option to include hyperlinks in the emails. I am sending out a survey form and also a review request form, in which I have created the links, but the customer is forced to copy and paste in order to access these. Unfortunately, I am getting zero responses because a hyperlink would be easier. All in all, I think HouseCall Pro is on the right track, but they have a way to go before they can live up to their true potential.

Pros

QBO synchronization, ease of use, ability to do estimates and invoices in the field. Tags allow tracking of specific items (similar to classes) like lead type and services provided. GPS to track employees and picture of house from Google maps shows on customer page. Auto responder feature, postcard program that is cost efficient. Great customer service, responsive. Online booking of jobs for customers. Ability to take credit cards. Mobile program lets customers know when you are on the way to their home. You can set up employees/techs and have their picture sent to the customer before they arrive at a job.

Cons

I have found issues with duplication of invoicing; there seems to be no recognition of multiple invoicing for a single estimate. No hyperlink option for the auto responder email program. Credit card option cannot be turned off on a mobile device, must be done on desktop version when invoicing. There is no job costing function. At $199.00 per month, I feel that this program can do so much more.

January 2016

Kenneth from Sciencetellers

January 2016

FSM, CRM and Appointment Scheduler - All in one!

Pros

For 18 months we were looking for a software that could do three things: 1. Manage our customer database (CRM) 2. Schedule appointments and send automatic reminders to customers 3. Assign and dispatch employees to jobs (Field Service Management) It seemed every software was designed to do one, MAYBE TWO, of these things, but no software could do all three. Then we found HouseCall Pro. It seemed almost too good to be true, but HouseCall does it all for us. We haven't looked back. 1. App for field technicians is awesome! Best I've seen. 2. Strong and powerful integration with Google -- autofills addresses and integrates with Maps. 3. Automatic e-mail reminders sent to customers. 4. Postcard marketing campaigns. 5. Quickbooks compatible. 6. Incomparable customer service. They have a friendly, helpful and intelligent group of people working for them. They are always there to listen to requests and solve problems. The messaging app within the desktop software lets you communicate with them directly anytime. They always seem to respond within mere minutes. 7. They are constantly releasing updates and improvements to the software. It gets better with every release and it shows they really listen to customer suggestions!

Cons

1. The schedule view is hard to read and use. When you are trying to get an overview of your resources and availability, you have to scroll left/right as well as up/down. It's made it hard for us, so we still have to rely on Google Calendar to view employee availability when trying to schedule jobs. 2. No automatic reminders sent to employees. There is a push notification one hour before a job starts, but this is not enough time for us. We want an email or test least a day, even a week, in advance. 3. Few customization options. (eg - You cannot rename "professional" to "stylist" or "technician" to suit your industry.) You can't include hyperlinks in follow-up emails to link customers to a satisfaction survey. (They have to copy/paste the address into the browser.) 4. No way to "black out" dates on scheduler for employee time off. Again, we still have to use Google Calendar. Although they just released "Non-Job Events" and this could serve as a possible workaround for us. We are looking into it! 5. The CRM is weak. (No multiple contacts for a business, no way to name different service addresses, no pipeline for making sales, etc.)

December 2015

Grant from Core Plumbing

December 2015

The absolute best software platform for small service businesses.

Pros

I own and operate a small plumbing company in San Diego and I have been searching for a product like housecall for years. Yes there are competitive products on the market and I've tried them all. The main problem for the other products was the disconnect or lack of care for the user's (me) feedback. I would find an issue with the software that prevented me from running my business the way I needed to and when I voiced my issue, the response was vague at best but usually nonexistent. My experience with housecall has been the exact opposite. EVERY time I have had an issue or needed help, they have been IMMEDIATELY responsive in helping me to resolve an issue and even develop their product further to improve all aspects. Years ago when we transitioned from the old carbon triplicate paper invoices to electronic means, I had to use a different kind of software for each business task i.e. invoicing, scheduling, dispatching, processing credit card payments, taking photo records for completed jobs, sending appointment reminders and thank you notes, etc. Now, I have ONE software platform that I use for EVERYTHING! HOUSECALL! It does everything I need it to do. It's made my life and business run more efficiently than ever before and the best part is that they're constantly improving it! Almost every week there is added functionality, fine-tuning and improvement on an already fantastic product. If you have a small service company, you would be mistaken to look elsewhere for your field management software. Simply stated... Housecall does it best!

Cons

It's difficult to come up with anything negative about a product that have benefitted my company in such a massive way. All I can say is that it's a bummer that Apple forces app developers to go through such a difficult process to get app updates released, because it slows down the process. Housecall is constantly updating and adding new functionality to the web and mobile applications.

October 2015

Katelyn from Controlled Climates Heating and Air Conditioning

October 2015

Housecall Pro is changing our business for the better!

Pros

Our main concerns were to appear as professional as we can. We own a small HVAC company in CA. Its just me, my husband, and a hired hand. I got tired of entering paper invoices and worst of all loosing them >,<. We started with a software that did our pricing for us based on our industry. I will tell you it was a nightmare. They charged us per line on our invoices and the bill just range up. It seemed impossible to get ahead with that software. I won’t name names to avoid shaming them. When i heard about HCP i decided to do a demo. I was astonished at how much value was actually in the program. included was email marketing to keep in touch with our current customers, smooth connectivity with Quickbooks Online (no more entering invoices) yay!, they send email reminders to clients, they let clients know we are on our way, and tons more. Not only that but customer service is SOOO easy to get ahold of. I almost never have to wait more than a few minuets to get a response via chat. Its fantastic. Its the best software we have used AND its only 1 low monthly fee. We don’t get charged per invoice or customer. so its really a limitless software and for the price its a steal. They even charge less than paypal for processing credit cards! We couldn’t be happier. If your thinking about going with Housecall Pro just do it! -new features added all the time -we look professional to our clients -free email marketing included with your subscription -you can set up unlimited campaigns for email to tailor to each group of clients -test messages sent to customer to remind them of appointment and that we are on our way -great estimate and invoice set up -easy to reach customer support -low monthly fee (and even lower if you pay upfront) - syncs with quickbooks (no entering invoice data yay!) - customers can be imported directly from quickbooks online so everything is together. -can get a signature on invoices -all invoices are emailed to customers when job is complete ---The list seriously goes on

Cons

- the only con i can think of is that (like any new software or app) you have to learn how to use it. It takes a little bit to get it down. BUT support is there the entire way to answer your questions --AND even fix your mistakes :) --.

Sean from Spot Solutions LLC

Couldn't survive without Housecall Pro

Housecall Pro streamlines my entire customer interaction. The software maintains my customer database, and my customer history. Housecall Pro handles all my scheduling. Housecall Pro sends reminder emails to my customers and makes it easy to notify my customers as to my location on the day of service. Housecall Pro handles my invoices and makes it easy to collect payment. After the work is complete, Housecall Pro sends follow-up emails to my customers to help maintain customer loyalty. Housecall Pro also integrates with Quickbooks making my bookkeeping a breeze. Housecall Pro makes owning a business so easy!

Pros

I LOVE this software! It does absolutely everything for me and makes it so easy for me to run the behind the scenes part of my business. Housecall Pro is super easy to use, the app interface is very clean, and it totally streamlines my interaction with the customer from their first phone call, through to the completion of the job, and beyond. Housecall Pro makes every part of my carpet cleaning business so much more efficient.

Cons

I wish that the user had greater control in customizing messages that are sent to their customers. For instance, Housecall Pro sends a text and an email asking for a Google review and a review on Housecall Pro when the work is complete, but I have little control over the content/message of that communication. Another example is that I have little control over the content of the "On My Way", or the "Job Finished" texts that get sent to my customers on the day of their appointments. I would love to be able to send more personalized messages to my customers, so that they seem less generic and bland.

Ben from Lake Country Doors

Possibly the best CRM

I have been very happy with my experience since implementing Housecall Pro. I would like to see a few more features, but it has been ever evolving so I’m sure I will see those in the near future.

Pros

Ease of use and navigation. Features that are offered to compliment it.

Cons

Could use a few more options. It is easy to use from a phone but I would like pictures attached to the price list items to make it easier to navigate on the phone .

Reasons for Choosing HouseCall Pro

Service Fusion was overly complicated to onboard. I didn’t have 40+ hrs I could dedicate just to implementing a new crm.

Displaying 1 - 50 of 2,463 reviews