Browse Ministry Scheduler Pro Reviews

Teri from Christ Lutheran Church

Great scheduling tool

We allow our church members to sign themselves up for volunteer positions. We don't assign them. Other systems expect you to assign your volunteers, so they didn't work for us. With MSP, we send an email early in the week with the full schedule of open positions and people pick the job they want. On Friday we print the schedule, usually with a few unfilled positions. We post a paper schedule so that on Sunday, people can see what is not filled and volunteer on the spot. They can sign up on the paper schedule for coming weeks. On Monday we add those paper signups online, then send another email, starting the whole process again. It has worked very well for us.

Pros

It allows us to schedule volunteer positions for Sunday worship. Our members began using it without too steep of a learning curve. It is very reliable. In over 4 years, I cannot think of a time that it was unavailable. It is stable and hasn't made changes that force us to change our procedures. It is flexible enough to accommodate a variety of schedules and positions. Volunteers can request substitutes automatically, without a staff member needed.

Cons

Administrators must have the software loaded locally - it is not fully web based. It does its functions well, but doesn't integrate with our church database. Our database system also has a scheduler, but MSP filled our need better until recently when the database system redid their scheduling. We will be moving from MSP to the database, only because of the advantages of one system. But, we have benefited greatly by having MSP, so we still recommend it.

Reasons for Choosing Ministry Scheduler Pro

The ability to sign yourself up. The ease of emailing positions and full schedules.

Response from Rotunda Software

Replied May 2019

Teri, Thank you so much for your review! I understand the drive to have one integrated system for all of your needs, but if you ever need us, we will be here happy to assist you in your scheduling needs once again. If you do decide to come back, you might be interested in the Sign-In Kiosk, which would eliminate the need to print those schedules and then hand-enter the changes on Monday. Just let me know and I would love to give you a demo.

Colleen from Church of the Resurrection and Assumption

Best scheduling program for our parish

This program allows ministers to be responsible for entering their own information and eliminates the problems that a middle man can cause; misreading information, failing to add information etc. They are also responsible for requesting a sub and then helping their fellow ministers by filling in for them. It is working extremely well.

Pros

The integration process was easy, almost instant. Ministers reacted very positively to the interactivity of the program, appreciating the ease of requesting and sub and filling a position. The program tracks the times that ministers have been scheduled in the past and schedules appropriately going forward.

Cons

I can't thing of anything I don't like about the software.

NA

Reasons for Switching to Ministry Scheduler Pro

The scheduling program in ParishSOFT was actually an add-on with very little customer support. It was very flawed with little capacity for fine-tuning the scheduling. There were many mistakes made and once a schedule was generated, it took a lot of manual tweaking to produce an acceptable result. When someone needed a sub, it involved many phone calls, texts, voice mails - and then no guarantee that anyone would actually show up and sub in.

Becky from Mission Church

Doesn't compare to other scheduling software

Ministry Scheduler Pro didn't meet the needs of my ministry team. The features allow for scheduling and it's certainly better than using paper or a personal spreadsheet because it allows users to receive and respond to requests, but other softwares have allowed my organization to put more (and prettier) features right in an app on their phones for ease of access, and we won't ever go back.

Pros

It's affordable and simple for ministries with only a few volunteers.

Cons

It's far too simplistic and doesn't give volunteers/users the integrated experience to find all the resources needed in one place.

Marge from St. Gerald Catholic Church

St. Gerald Church Loves MSP

I have been scheduling for my parish for over 11 years. The first software product we used was cumbersome and required me to input all of our ministers' preferences and info. I love that MSP allows each minister control over their account. The sub request function and volunteer opportunities are great. Being able to see updates in real time is a wonderful change from our old system. MSP it is overall a great product.

Pros

I really appreciate the new functionality with Announcements. It is very helpful to know who reads my emails or responds to my polls. We have used the poll and RSVP functions a lot during this pandemic to easily get a feel for our ministers willingness to serve. It has been invaluable to me as an administrator.

Cons

I dislike it when a schedule does not include all available ministers and I have to rearrange assignments.

Reasons for Switching to Ministry Scheduler Pro

The flexibility and ease of use of your product versus the hard to use former software

Robin from St. Ann Catholic Church

Excellent Volunteer Scheduling Management System for Active Churches

Pros

MSP has made it possible to manage multiple ministries across a bilingual church, 7 service times each weekend, as well as special services, with complete ease. The most useful feature is the ability for volunteers to request and accept substitutes, as well as to sign up for open positions, on their own. Recently we have begun using their Kiosk feature which allows volunteers to sign in at the church at the time of the service, which has saved hours of paperwork.

Cons

Overall, the email/announcements feature has been improved in the last year. However, it still lacks some reporting capabilities (response to polls, etc.), and the ability to schedule emails aside from the auto-scheduled reminders would be very helpful.

Jackie from St. Hubert Church

The best for church scheduling

I schedule the weekly Masses for our church. I do this on a 3 month schedule. To try to accomplish this by hand would be absolutely impossible. While there may be other programs out there, I never felt the need to try others. The program has an auto-reminder that sends reminders via e-mail to each minister 4 days before their shceduled Mass time. This has been found to be an invaluable assistance.

Pros

The product is very easy to use. Customer service is the best and extremely helpful always. I have used this product for over 6 years and it just gets better.

Cons

I haven't experienced anything I would consider not liking.

Reasons for Choosing Ministry Scheduler Pro

I am not the one who chose this product.

Janie from St. Bernard of Clairvaux RC Church

Loving MSP

One of my favorite things is the IT support. The team always gets back to me in a timely manner and they are very patient with me!!!!

Pros

All you have to do to create a 3 month schedule is click on create schedule and there it is in about 25 seconds! I used to do this manually and it took many hours.

Cons

Once I deleted a 3 month schedule and since we did not have MSP Pro they were not able to get it back for me. They told me to be sure to save it right away and I have not had any problems since.

Reasons for Choosing Ministry Scheduler Pro

Our Pastor had used it in his previous Parish so he was very familiar with it.

Estrella from St. john Vianney Parish - Kailua/Hawaii

A User’s Experience with MSP

I have a very positive experience in using this software. It’s easy to learn and use once you figure out how it works. It’s a well-designed system that meets the ministers’ scheduling needs of our parish.

Pros

1. The ease of learning and using MSP; 2. The customer-service support is excellent. I normally email MSP-Support my questions and I always get a prompt, quick, and clear answers with the MSP screen or pane with illustration on how to address the issue. 3. All the Support staff I’ve dealt with are very professional and know their product well to guide me in using the software effectively. 4. The software has many great features which allow me to customize or taylor it to our particular needs and requirements.

Cons

I haven’t found anything yet that i don’t like about this software.

Lynne from St. Clare's Episcopal Church

Ministry Scheduler Pro knows scheduling better than I do

So far everyone has been impressed with the features. When the first schedule was published, those who realized that they had conflicts started using the feature to find substitutes and were so impressed with how easy it was.

Pros

This software is easy to use. The developers have thought of everything. The ability for volunteers to indicate their preferences and availability before a schedule is generated is a key feature. If a scheduling conflict does arise the software provides a mechanism to request a substitute. Additionally since all ministries are scheduled by the software the loading on volunteers can be kept more equitable than when it is being done by individual ministry leaders working with only their ministry.

Cons

For administrators it has to be installed on a particular computer.

Reasons for Choosing Ministry Scheduler Pro

I have used Ministry Scheduler Pro in a previous job so knew what a great job it does.

Keeps things moving forward

This has saved us a lot of time trying to schedule volunteers for our various ministries. We love this app!

Pros

Ministry Scheduler Pro is a great application to organize and keep our ministries focused. It is easy to use and user friendly. Our ministry teams have become more effective using this software.

Cons

The pro edition is great, but if you don't need all the features the basic is good too. The price is a little steep for a smaller congregation, but the monthly fees seem relatively reasonable.

Sue from Creature Comfort Pet Therapy

Excellent Calendar system for End User Volunteers and Administrators

Excellent. Since the system is highly customizable, we needed consulting help to get to the most efficient setup in place and ongoing help while learning all of the features. Every interaction with the Support team was great. Our issues were always solved in a timely manner and they took the time to understand our setup and provide sustainable solutions. One example, we had an Administrator (our staff) error on a holiday that required the retrieval of a backup calendar and the VSP Support team got us back up and running quickly and smoothly.

Pros

We used VSP (Volunteer Scheduler Pro); same system - this software allowed our volunteers to schedule themselves for pet therapy visits (computer or phone capabilities). The job criteria allows only more advanced teams have the ability to sign up for more advanced level visits. If a volunteer is marked inactive, they remain a team, but they cannot schedule a visit. Un-checking the Inactive status allows them to schedule again - quick & easy! It's highly customizable with Custom Fields and screen layout options. All data can be exported to a .csv file for future analysis. There are also standard reports that are available with a click of a button.

Cons

The phone app was not great for our setup, but this may have been improved - we did not have many Volunteers using it, so we paid less attention to it. Since our setup allowed 3 months of signup, the phone app required scrolling through all the days. An Admin could change it each month to only show one month, but when nearing the of the month, you are still scrolling through 20+ days. A big advantage of the phone app was the online Team Directory, so while the Volunteer is out in the field, they could contact any other volunteers in the directory.

Reasons for Choosing Ministry Scheduler Pro

VSP was recommended to us by a TeamSnap (CRM db) executive while we were researching TeamSnap. I was highly impressed with TeamSnap overall and impressed with the candid consulting-based advice. While reviewing VSP, it was clear that they could meet all of our requirements, so there was no need to continue the search. Highly recommend VSP!

Sara from St Mary's Parish

Great

The benefits I get are it makes my daily schedule much easier and less stressful to be able to do my ministry scheduling through this program. The fact that people can get in the program, too is such an amazing thing!

Pros

I like that the program has the option to auto schedule. When you have 200+ people in ministries, it can get hectic to schedule them and the auto scheduler does it!

Cons

The least thing I like is I wish that it wasn't so much more expensive to jump to the next bracket of volunteers. Or at least if there were smaller increments like in 50's rather than 100's.

Howard from Holy Redeemer Parish

Ministry Scheduler Pro - The Complete Scheduling Product

My overall experience with Ministry Scheduler Pro has been excellent. A must have for me!

Pros

Ministry Scheduler Pro is very easy to install and is very intuitive for a new Admin. Their Support staff is fantastic.

Cons

I have not found any issues. It does everything that I hoped it would.

Reasons for Switching to Ministry Scheduler Pro

Ministry Scheduler Pro really schedules the way you would like to schedule. Ability to convers with volunteers is extremely easy and effective.

Lynda from St. George

St. George Parish Evalulates Ministry Scheduler Pro

This saves us so much time in preparation and it evenly balances out the schedule for each minister so that one person is not serving more than necessary.

Pros

Easy to use. Does most of the work for you once you add minster preferences. Eliminates the need for manual scheduling and saves time and effort.

Cons

Once the form is saved to word, it will not allow me to add a table without including the previous table. But I work around it by deleting out some of the lines.

Elizabeth from St. Michael

Lots of Features and Functionality

Pros

Has a lot of features, i.e. family scheduling, availability per month, and reduces the workload incredibly over manual input.

Cons

Ministry Scheduler certainly gets the job done, but is a little clunky to use and very overwhelming to set up the first time.

A great way to schedule and interact with volunteer ministers

Pros

This product allows me as a volunteer to block out dates I can't help and to easily find a replacement if I need one. I also have access to a database of people I can call upon if necessary. I also know when my upcoming ministry assignments are via the app.

Cons

I really don't have any complaints from a user standpoint.

Kevin from Livongo

Functional Software... Difficult to Set Up

If you're going from making schedules by hand this is absolutely worth your while to upgrade. The customer service is helpful and there are tutorial videos to help you make the most out of the features.

Pros

With a little help, Ministry Scheduler Pro (MSP) can be set up to reflect all sorts of preference and rules. For example, families can be set up and scheduled together, great detail can be added to scheduling preferences, and additional nuances can be used to eliminate scheduling snafus.

Cons

The setup can be difficult and some of the features are not the most intuitive. The interface is a little clunky.

September 2015

Raina from Park Community Church

September 2015

Saves me hours of trying to make sure I have enough volunteers each week!

I used to spend so much time calling and emailing my volunteers to make sure they were coming to service on the weekend, and then following up to find a sub when they let me know last minute they can't make it. Now that entire process is automated, and I can spend my time doing real ministry work!

Melissa from Law Office of Melissa Krishock, P.C.

Ministry Scheduler Pro

Despite being told by our organization that we can use it, it does not work. Whenever you try to add your Organization's ID, it says not able to work.

Response from Rotunda Software

Replied April 2018

Melissa, Thank you for your feedback. We work hard to make a product that works well for schedulers and their volunteers. It sounds like you are a volunteer who had a hard time logging in. I hope that since this was posted you have been able to log in and can update your review to let others know how it is working for you, but if not, please reach out to us at 888-622-0949. Raina Client Service Specialist

Thank God!

Pros

No more wondering who's going to take over that Sunday school class or who will be preaching this weekend. Ministry scheduler has saved us from wonder!

Cons

No calls whatsoever except I wish I had discovered it sooner. It is fantastic. No issues with It whatsoever.