Browse Blackbaud K-12 Solutions Reviews

Very helpful for benchmarking

Pros

We have used blackbaud for over 15 years. We use this for tuition payments and payables. Extremely easy to use.

Cons

If there are 5 people in the system then you can't get in. Not a problem except for busy times of the month

Jeremy from St. Johns Country Day School

Fantastic holistic program. Horrible implementation experience

In 2016, we made the decision to move from our former database (Rediker) to Blackbaud Cloud hosted products: Core, OnRecord, OnCampus, OnBoard, Raiser's Edge NXT, Financial Edge NXT and Smart Tuition. We wanted a holistic database for all of our departments to pull from and for information to move seamlessly in realtime. We are in the middle of the first year and we are very pleased with the functionality, User friendliness and wide variety of reports that are available. Customer support is phenomenal. Every person, without exception, has been friendly, professional and competent. I really enjoy using the chat feature and appreciate case central's ticketing system. Our implementation experience has been horrible. Most of it seems to be attributed to the Whipple Hill acquisition along with a confusing model. Even though we paid thousands of dollars for implementation fee, I felt like we did 90% of the work. Our Project Manager only provided a confusing project mgmt. software and introduced us to our product specialists. The implementation comprised of a series of useless group sessions and one-on-one sessions implementation consultations which were really training sessions in disguise. The grading setup is incredibly complex and non-intuitive, however our specialist was instructed to only setup our Upper School and we would have to setup the lower and middle schools on our own. The whole process left us feeling confused, frustrated and behind schedule. We highly recommend Blackbaud Products, but here are a few pointers for anyone considering the program: 1. Give yourself a year. No matter the timeline Blackbaud gives you, double it. 2. Keep your former SIS one more year and work in tandem with the new OnProducts. We are halfway through the year and we're still importing information over from our prior system. 3. Historical Grade Data ' This can only be done for current students. They will not do it for previous students and Alumni. 4. LMS ' Blackbaud does not integrate with any other LMS. OnCampus is highly functional, but lacking in a few features we like in Haiku. 5. Smart Tuition - The Smart Tuition integration is new and still going through development. We've been working at this for several weeks and delayed re-enrollment contracts pending their resolution. If you're considering a transition, you should wait another few months for the bugs to work out.

Pros

Holistic, cloud-based platform which allows data to move seamlessly and in realtime.

Cons

The implementation process needs a lot of work.

Samantha from The City School

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Teachers for Teachers

Overall it has been a decent experience using K-12. No software is perfect, but this software gets the job done and is functional.

Pros

I love that there are so many different options available on this software. I can see my students' information, their parents' contact information, birthdays, grades, and assignments all in the same place. It is a good central location for all the important information of my classroom.

Cons

This software can be hard to predict when it will time out. Unfortunately there were occasions when putting in grades that I would lose entire portions and have to retype the grades because the page would time out without warning, and the grades hadn't been saved. I had to be very diligent about saving the page manually after entering any grades.

Gihan from Union Bank Of Colombo PLC

Blackbaud K-12 Solutions

overall this is really good remote learning and presenting a solution and recommending for purchase.

Pros

Blackbaud K12 is one of the best solutions for doing attendance tracking/class schedule. The analysis of the attendance is also very helpful when we doing assessments.

Cons

As like most of software, the help desk support is very less and had to send reminders for fix my issues

Ashley from Florida State University

I use Blackbaud to look up information on alumni and potential donors.

Pros

I love the "recently accessed" side bar that comes up every time I sign in. This allows me to go back to a record that I was previously looking at, which makes it much easier when researching donors and alumni. I also like that their constituent ID is right there next to their name for a quick reference!

Cons

Blackbaud does pretty much everything I could want it to do. If there was something to improve on, I think it would be the constituent search screen. When I search for a constituent, Blackbaud brings up all possible matches. Sometimes, I use broad search words and the system will only show me the first 100 matches or so, limiting the number I can see. When I'm searching for someone with a very common name, this can make it difficult to go down the list and try to find the one I'm looking for.

Josh from First Presbyterian Day School

Overall, I've had a positive experience using backbaud software and tools

Pros

One of the great pros of using blackbaud has been it's reliability and ease of use. It's the most intuitive program I've found as far as simplicity for new users, as well as customization for those advanced or more experienced. I also like that any time I ever had an issue, a quick google search or email usually cleared up the error. Overall, it was a solid product and I would use it again

Cons

The problem with this product as well as some others by the same company is that they can be cost prohibitive. While I had a positive experience with this particular software, one school I was at dropped it due to cost.

Zachary from St. John's Catholic School New Haven

Blackbaud Review

Blackbaud can be a great solution for a fully integrated solution for independent schools' business and educational needs; training and learning time will be needed.

Pros

Blackbaud was a great move at our high school for combining business needs and the LMS functionality. It was a single tool that served the full community well.

Cons

There is a definite learning curve in the transition to the LMS side. It sounded as if the business end was much smoother.

Rita from Madison Country Day School

After one year, price is sky-rocketing

The program is fairly "dossy, but they are upgrading to a new interface. We were provided a demo and it looks good, but it comes with a price - like times 10, almost. The old program we have will no longer be supported. We can't afford the new one. We have implemented a system and finally got to the point of our teachers not complaining about issues, and now we'll need to start the process again.

Pros

The program is multi-functional, addressing most needs any school would need.

Cons

There have been separate purchase options, and we purchased just what we felt we needed. Later we discovered that many functions of the program we purchase would not work without purchasing another part of the program. The new software appears to well-integrated, but at a much higher cost to the customer.

Blackbaud is a solid LMS with a pretty interface

Pros

The home screen pops up your daily schedule which makes it easy to review your classes and take attendance. Attendance function includes student photographs which is helpful when just getting to know a new class.

Cons

Some functions, like running reports, are not intuitive to use at all and seem almost buried in the software. It's colorful and very visually driven which may work well for some but I find it unnecessary and distracting.

Erik from Cambridge-Ellis School

Expensive but does it all

If you are looking for one suite to meet your school's full needs, this would definitely be a legitimate candidate. The content management piece has made great improvements and can really fit any specific needs. User data management has improved a lot since WhippleHill was acquired by Blackbaud, and the development piece is really where Blackbaud is the gold standard.

August 2015

bev from Visitation Academy

August 2015

Recent Down Hill

Been using it for years. The past few years the product has really gone down hill. We have an issue and have been waiting for 2 years! for a decent resolution. Still pending. Its a mess. Very disappointed. Now an update is changing some of the access of data in queries crossing relations.