• icon"It was easy to use, I could get information about my kids and connect with their teachers."
  • icon"I enjoy using it to check on my children and communication with teachers is such an ease."
  • icon"FACTS Grant and Aid Assessment is great in compiling and organizing data. Every year, we would make our financial aid application available and have families fill it out."
  • icon"For example, there is no way to record/notify parents of missing assignments when using standards based grading in FACTS."
  • icon"It is just annoying that I feel like it yells at me every day when I go to that section. Small annoyance really but still annoying."
  • icon"Families find it frustrating if they are not online a lot or don't pay bills online. Paper invoices often get lost in mail."

All FACTS Reviews

Company size: 2 - 10 employees

August 2022

Solid Software; Sucky Support

Eric

Excellent product for a VERY niche market

Pros

RenWeb is School Information System software. It allows the user to take attendance, track grades, generate report cards, as well as a HOST of other features. Very feature-rich. In years past, RenWeb sort of lost its way with not really understanding who its core customer was - K-12 schools. After the acquisition by FACTS, RenWeb has really turned the ship around.

Cons

I do not like that FACTS is completely re-branding RenWeb as FACTS SIS. It doesn't sound as good. It looks like they're admitting failure. My preference would simply to be a major revision overhaul and re-branding with the same name.

Janice

July 2022

Exceeded expectations

After initial setup, usability and reliability are better than expected.

Pros

FACTS handles tuition billing. collections, and integration with Quickbooks Online.

Cons

Some features are tricky to use, but we are able to adapt to the software in order to achieve desired results.

Reasons for switching to FACTS

Suite of services available from FACTS and integration of important features

Shannon

Constantly improving software for schools

We use Renweb throughout our entire school. We use their basic Student Information System as well as their value added Online Application/Online Enrollment. Overall their system helps us accomplish much more than our past paper system, although we have frustrations about the functionality of the features and ease of use from time to time. Fortunately their customer service is too notch and there's never been a question or issue they haven't walked with us through. They are currently in the process of updating their entire system from a desktop version to a web-based. Once this transition is completed and the bugs are worked out, they will have a sleek, modern interface that isn't as clunky and is more user friendly. Their value added product of Online Application/Online Enrollment leaves a bit to be desired but is a cost effective solution. It is not as user friendly for the families going through the process and doesn't make it easy to simplify some of the steps. We've enjoyed working with Renweb so far and would recommend the software to another school that is willing to put in the time and resources to work with a company that is in the process of updating their systems.

Pros

The customer service is the best part of using Renweb. They have a lot of self-help articles and videos. If you are crunched for time or can't find the answer you need just call them and they are more than happy to walk you through the issue! Another great thing is to have everything you need to run a school in one system! That simplifies all of our lives. They've even developed an integration with FACTS to make billing streamlined!

Cons

The fact that Renweb is creating a new online system and going away from their desktop based system will be great once it's finished. Right now it's frustrating to be stuck between the two systems with some important features not functional online yet (I know because I have a mac and can't use the desktop version). Some aspects of Renweb are clunky and not well organized which can be frustrating when you are trying to figure something out and don't have a lot of time.

Letha

June 2022

Our struggles

Customer Service was difficult and often I never heard from anyone when I would leave a voicemail with questions or email or using the chat on the website. It was frustrating to not be able to access help when needed.

Pros

I liked the financial reports that we had access to.

Cons

It was difficult to update or change parameters and information etc.

Reasons for choosing FACTS

It seemed as if it would be a great program. It isn't terrible, just not user friendly and very little access to FACTS help.

Leslie

Time used: Free Trial

Buyer's Remorse.

Renweb is a disaster. 1. The default date setting for all documents your teachers and staff go to the trouble to upload and make accessible to students and parents is ONE DAY. You read that right. You didn't know your staff would go to the trouble to upload something for just 24 hours, but that is what Renweb thinks, and refuses to change. Their default should be a one week date range. In what universe would anyone want documents to disappear in 24 hours? In the Renweb universe only. You must remember to change the date when you upload it. 2. Renweb will not set a default for any links you click within Renweb open in a new tab, claiming that is a function of your browser. But many, many websites set their links to be either pop-ups or new tabs. Renweb will not. 3. No flexibility on naming links on the website you pay them for. If you want to use Lesson Plans for Assignments, forget about naming it correctly for YOUR school. Your parents and students will have to use their pre-named tabs, whether or not that applies to your school. Forget about any customization for the big bucks you pay. 4. 'Resources' as a link name is used twice, which is very confusing to parents and students, and unnecessary, given there are many words in the English language. Why not name the Class tab for Resources, 'Documents'? Because that is what it is. Then the other Resources, in the menu column, will be distinct, and for schoolwide resources. 5. Email formatting is abysmal; some kind of primitive html form that yields automatic spacing (not visible to the sender) between paragraphs and an ugly font; there is now a Communications Beta, so perhaps that will address the sheer ugliness of their email formats. There is much more disappointment awaiting you in the inflexible Renweb, but after spending my morning untangling yet another problem, I need to get to mission-critical tasks. Yes, they get high marks for customer service from many users, but that customer service is necessary to compensate for all the inherent issues. I am so sorry we invested in Renweb. Unnecessarily complicated to interface with, while yielding emails that look like they were created ten years ago. An odd combination of behind the scenes 'sophistication' with primitive-looking email communications with parents/ students.

Shannon

Integrates well with FACTS/Renweb Software

The best part about this tool is the justification it gives us to parents about why we award what we do. It is a low cost to the parents and gives them peace of mind their sensitive information will be secure. If you are currently using paper forms, I would highly recommend switching to FACTS Grant & Aid!

Pros

This is an all-in-one Grant & Aid tool. It allows families an unbiased 3rd party review software, allows administrators on the review team to see the overall picture compared to the aid budget, then posts the award directly to the student's account. They are also backed up by the excellent customer service provided by FACTS management. We have never had an issue with FACTS management go unresolved for more than 24 hours and 99% of the time they are able to resolve it right there on the phone with you.

Cons

Parts of the software were a little clunky to use. With as busy as we are as a small school, we need software that can be picked up pretty intuitively. There are quite a few steps to learn to just to finalize the award and post it to the account. Just to do this, I watched 3 separate videos. One of them I had to watch several times to make sure I was posting the award correctly. I know proper training is important when working with software, but it took longer to learn this software than we had planned upon.

Seth

July 2016

Powerful software but slow to innovate and address issues

I've been using RenWeb for five (5) years now and have a major love/hate relationship with it. It's expensive to get started and then expensive if you want to adjust anything. Thousands to add a custom logo to the report cards. The financial account system is not GAAP compliant and their response was "we're not an accounting software company." But if you're going to have the feature then do it right. The online teacher portal is not Chrome compliant and it took four years to get the Parent Portal working on Chrome. For two years I had to tell parents to run IE in compatability mode to get it to work. RenWeb1 (theire new online portal) was announced and pused 1.5 years ago and still is not functional. They promised an Android app when we signed up five years ago (it's only 3-6 months away - they promised) . It tooke 3 years to get it functional. They are extremely slow to inovate. Their modules do not integrate well. If you put something on your lesson plans on a specific date, only certain entries can be added automatically to your classroom calendar and then your gradebook. So for many things you have enter the same information 3 or 4 times to get it to each location. This results in frustration on the teachers part and lack of use. What keeps me with them are the tuition management module and the student (afterschool care) time clock. The student clock creates unique barcode scanner cards for authorized pickups to ensure the correct person is picking up the kids. This one feature is about the only thing that keeps me with RenWeb. There is no Google Apps for Education integration, but according to them "it's coming soon". The last time I heard that statement, it was three years. That's not soon.

Pros

One stop shop for multiple software applications

Cons

Slow to innovate, expensive add ons, frustrating software functionality

Saves a lot of money and easy to use!

Wonderful!

Pros

Working for a small school means trying every way to save money and we were able to do that with this software.

Cons

It doesn't offer as many of the "bells and whistles" as other big-brand names do.

Reasons for choosing FACTS

It was the most affordable option.

Reasons for switching to FACTS

Cost.

August 2022

Solid Software; Sucky Support

FACTS has been a good cloud-based replacement for our aging SIS hosted on our local server, and has had all the features we need. However, the support has been so lacking it threatens to overwhelm an otherwise solid product.

Pros

Integrates easily with our website and Google classroom; robust SIS and communication tools. Better than average school accounting features. Reliable cloud access.

Cons

Technical support was agonizingly slow and frustratingly unresponsive. It took months of calls to get our school calendar to not show multiples of all recurring events and our customized school app continues to experience delays due to slow responses from tech support.

Jenny

a great SIS

We're managing a campus with 700+ students quite easily. Some areas of the software are definitely under utilized, but the training staff is excellent! This is a one-stop shop to manage our student database, gradebooks, and online applications/enrollment.

Pros

This is great for managing our school. We have three "schools" on campus and are able to effectively manage our student information for all three using FACTS SIS. I like most that it's cloud based, so administration can access from anywhere on or away from campus.

Cons

Some of the features don't make sense to the user (such as in the steps to copy a schedule to use for the next school year, you have to "Clear Schedule" which sounds counterintuitive). Customer support can also be hit or miss.

Renweb

My experience was not very positive as I had to continually help people try to figure out how to do something. Then they would come up with an update and that would all change.

Pros

I thought the pros of Renweb was that it was a starting point. It had lots of features that you could purchase and lots of options.

Cons

I think the software was not extremely user friendly. It was hard to navigate and they just needed a UX designer to go in and update thing. There were various versions that people were using that made things complicated. Also they make it so you can't pull your data out easily.

Mariam

We use Renweb for our new student enrollment, applications and grade processing.

Pros

Renweb has a key feature where it stores emails sent to parents for the past 6 months. This is helpful when trying to track who emails were sent to.

Cons

There are glitches in the system. It is hard to get technical support for issues as most time the IT department does not understand the issue.

Great for Finance Departments!

Overall, would recommend.

Pros

FACTS Grant and Aid Assessment is great in compiling and organizing data. Every year, we would make our financial aid application available and have families fill it out. Once the application was closed, FACTS compiled all the data and made recommendations. It was great.

Cons

A majority of the people who filled out the application (families applying for aid) were able to do so without a problem. There was, however, a portion of people who couldn’t figure it out and had issues. Just be mindful that you may receive phone calls!

Report card emails are good

It may not completely be RenWeb's fault that I don't care for them but a combination with the schools that have used it. I have had my children at two different schools who both used RenWeb and I have never figured out what the heck we are supposed to use it for. We get weekly automatic emails that generate our child's report card which is clear and easy to access but the site itself is confusing and not easy to use.

Pros

Report card emails are clear and clean

Cons

Navigation is frustrating and confusing I don't fully understand its purpose Clunky program

Carrie

Everything A Teacher Needs!

My overall experience has been a positive one. I have used this software in a couple of schools I've taught in. I enjoy using it and would recommend it to any fellow teachers as well as any future schools.

Pros

What I like most about RenWeb is the fact that everything a teacher may need in document management is in one place. The teacher can write their lesson plans, use the software to enter grades and find everything they may need on their students all in one place. I like the fact that the lesson plans are easy for parents to see as well. They have made some good advances in the past year. They are making strides in keeping up with the way they appear and the flexibility they have implemented to allow the teacher to work from work and personal devices. I do know from personal experience that they want to put the best product out there and are not afraid to change to do it.

Cons

The thing I have liked least about this software is that they make some changes to the software in the year. I adjusted to some of their updates with ease only to find it has changed during the year. I can be a bit frustrating especially when those changes happen at the end of a school year. I'm glad they are evolving, the timing could be better.

Megan