All Gradelink Reviews

Aaron

Company size: 2 - 10 employees

Comprehensive, but complicated

Linda

Gradelink is a fantastic SIMS, very cost-effective, superior support services, and user-friendly.

SIMS, gradebooks, lesson plans, enrollment/billing....it does it all!

Pros

The design of the product makes it easy to learn and use. The Gradelink team is super responsive both when you reach out, and they take customer suggestions for added funtionality seriously. Gradelink upgrades its product regularly with useful features. What you get for their price point cannot be beat by other SIMS products. I had a school full of reluctant users when we adopted Gradelink, and now I have a school full of rabid fans!

Cons

I cannot think of a single thing. Even their online help is good, and I am NOT a fan of most online help areas!

Response from Gradelink

Wow, Linda, thank you for telling us how much everybody at Sacred Hearts School is enjoying Gradelink!

Replied May 2018

Ross

They Don't Stop Trying

Any time you get stuck, help is very near at hand. They have an incredible number of short videos that get right to the point and handle almost any question you have about how to do something. Their tech support is usually very prompt and has been able to help us work through some of the unique situations we've encountered. We're still working at some but are confident something will be worked out.

Pros

The integration into our existing system was painful, mainly because our previous processes were primitive and we had some unique requirements being a religious school that is partly a boarding school and partly a local school and serves both high school and college. Gradelink was not setup for that scenario but worked very hard with us to create work-arounds that, after one year, seem to be working well. Their communication included all the methods we needed and replaced a hodge-podge of approaches we had been using. It is now seamless and very useful. Our parents are very appreciative of the improved communication we now offer as well as the mobile app that lets them more easily track their child's progress. Teachers love the ease with which assignments can be created and scored. The addition of Google Classroom integration was huge for our school as we a fully committed to Classroom and can now easily sync grades. Their approach works well with few hiccups once you have the process down.

Cons

We were told that we would be able to handle both our high school and our college with one "copy" of Gradelink. This has proved problematic, but GL continues to work with us on solving those problems. There are still problems we are having with transcripts and class rank and hope those get solved before the end of the year.

Reasons for choosing Gradelink

Gradelink was suited for smaller institutions like ours and priced reasonably for what they offer.

Reasons for switching to Gradelink

Gradelink offered better communication features and and easier interface for all involved.

Response from Gradelink

Each school's needs are unique, and while yours have been particularly challenging, we're happy to have the opportunity to serve your school, Ross!

Replied April 2021

Renee

Working with the customer support staff made the whole learning experience enjoyable.

I am able to keep all of the information about my students and their grades in one easy-to-use, integrated platform. Since this was my first year working with a school and my first year using Gradelink, I had to learn quickly so I could stay ahead of the game while teaching the staff, parents, and students to use it as well. Gradelink was easy to understand, for the most part, and the support staff were easy to work with when I couldn't understand quick enough. I would recommend making more quality training videos to make your product easier to use and more professional feeling.

Pros

I like the shared family information, that parents can look at all of their children's grades in all of their classes under one login. I like the ease of communicating with one class or one grade level without having to create my own email groups. I like being able to change and manipulate the reports to our school's needs. I love the helpfulness of customer support and totally appreciate the fact that they stand with us in trying to understand how to make it work for us instead of being short on patience or frustrated with my inexperience.

Cons

I still haven't figured out how to end up with one English Literatue and Composition grade that incapsulates literature, writing, vocabulary and spelling classes with their different teachers into one final grade for the report card. As our school grows it would be helpful to have that as part of the program instead of the round about way I am doing it currently.

Response from Gradelink

Thank you for your review, Renee! We're happy to do what we can to help you take full advantage of Gradelink's capabilities and we look forward to working with Konos Academy for years to come. If you haven't already, please contact your service representative to see what we can do to assist you with grading and report cards.

Replied July 2017

Liz

October 2022

Great Company To Work With

My experience has been GREAT! Being a new user to the platform, the incredible patience of [SENSITIVE CONTENT] in the service department has been nothing short of outstanding! With each call, [SENSITIVE CONTENT] has walked me (and others) through the process of what was giving us difficulty including sending links to tutorials. Not only has she simplified the use of the platform for me and the others who have needed her, but without fail she is positive, upbeat, and just generally a pleasure.

Pros

Easy to familiarize with general platform and easy to understand tutorials

Cons

It required a call to get clear directions on how to modify certain aspects of the program.

Response from Gradelink

We're thrilled you're off to such a great start, Liz! We're here for you whenever you need help.

Replied November 2022

Missy

Good but could be Better

I like Gradelink. The customers service team is always Very Helpful. They know what they are doing and they know how to explain things so we can understand. Thank you.

Pros

I like that there are a lot of functions, and it can be used for many things... for teachers, administration, lunch staff... everyone is working form the same place. We only have to have one program and it works.

Cons

There are a lot of functions, and a lot of things can be done with one program. :) This program takes some time to get used to. You have to watch ALL the training videos (the videos are good). But there are little things like having to type in the same contact person over and over for different children. There should be an option to add a new person or add an existing person to a pickup list. Also, I don't understand why the online payments don't get posted to the Ledger. If they pay with a credit card online I still have to manually add it to the Ledger so they can see that they paid for tuition. In the program we used last year it showed up automatically. One more thing, when a child is checked in/out or signed in/out for attendance, is there a way for the name of that child to be a different color or something when they are in or out. Sometimes teachers can't remember if a student was checked in or not, so they do it again, but this signs the student out. Then they have to do it again to sign them in again. If there was a way for the students' names to look different (like a different color) when they are signed in then it would be very helpful. Thank you.

Reasons for switching to Gradelink

As our school is growing we needed more options.

Response from Gradelink

We're always looking for ways to improve, so we appreciate your feedback, Missy! The development team is working on automatic updates for the ledger, although we don't have a release date yet. Stay tuned!

Replied September 2020

Barbara

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Answer to a small school's needs

I have been very satisfied with Gradelink, from usability to customer service when there is a question or concern. The staff is always polite and efficient. I would like to see some of the"extras" included in our package, simply from a budgetary perspective. We are a little school, your tuition/fees program looks excellent, I would like to see if it more effective that what we are using now. I highly recommend Gradelink and have spoken to other administrators about our success with the program.

Pros

I needed a program that would be easy to implement, easy to use, and affordable. After reviewing a number of SIS programs, Gradelink met the needs of the school. Having the program for five years I have found new staff members are able to jump in quickly, parents love the ease of communication and availability of attendance, grades, and comments concerning their children. We also use the "news" page to keep parents up to date with reminders and current events. I use the program for snow cancellation and delays, as well as blast informational emails to our community, including alumni.

Cons

There are still a couple of pieces of information that take me time to access, including a quick attendance report on an individual student or a readable transcript that is inclusive of attendance, but a part of that might be my lack of knowledge. Customer service has been excellent in helping us customize report cards, something we could not do independently. Some of the staff is still reluctant to use the planning program to its full capacity, I'm not sure if there is an overarching reason or merely a comfortability learning curve.

Reasons for choosing Gradelink

I'm not sure these alternatives SIS companies are correct, the program is not allowing me to put in the companies as I remember them. Some programs were way out of our budget, some were far more or far less than what we needed, Gradelink was the right fit. The people I spoke with during the process were hugely helpful, professional, knowledgeable, patient. I spent a summer researching and experimenting with free trials. Gradelink won me over, and the staff has been nothing but supportive about the decision, which is why I have recommended Gradelink to other administrators that have been dissatisfied with their services. Gradelink grows with our school and our needs. I expect to be a long time customer.

Reasons for switching to Gradelink

Engrade no longer met our needs and had glitches that hindered my work. I realized the advantage of having a SIS that integrated a strong communication component with online grading/planning/standards/progress report and report card generating capacity, in addition to the ease of new staff member and parent usability.

Response from Gradelink

We love hearing how well Gradelink fits your needs, Barbara, so thanks for sharing! We're always happy to help and there's no charge for training and support so please contact your support rep for assistance on anything from lesson plans to attendance reports. Or click on the question mark icon at the top of the screen in Gradelink for tons of invaluable information, including articles, screenshots and videos.

Debbie

Gradelink does what we need!

We've solved communication problems and group texting as well as phone calls with the program. Our overall experience has been positive. Gradelink has been very responsive to any concerns we have had.

Pros

Gradelink has been user friendly and provides us with all that we need to store our student information and communicate with our families at a reasonable price. The customer service has been great. It is easy for us to call and get help if we get confused or don't understand an aspect of the program. We do not need to set aside days to do teacher training. The program is simple enough that brief training sessions and video links are all we need to train new teachers. Ease of enrollment and re-enrollment are nice as well.

Cons

At times, I would like more features, such as digital sign in for our preschool and aftercare. They have a program for that, but it is not what we need, so we will wait patiently for the program to be perfected! :) When parents enroll, we have found that they can skip certain answers by just putting in a space or a letter, for example. We would like for that feature to some how be fixed.

Reasons for choosing Gradelink

Originally, it was because of the cost of the other program. We are glad we made the decision because it is still much more cost effective for our small school AND seems much more user friendly when talking to other schools who use RenWeb.

Response from Gradelink

Thank you for a great review, Debbie! We always appreciate feedback from our schools to let us know what's working well and what could use improvement.

Aimee

I love Gradelink!

We have found Gradelink to be superior to other SIS programs we've used in the past. The cost is more practical and there are very few glitches. It works well across PC and Mac platforms.

Pros

I love the ease of use, functionality, and cost of this software. However the part I like MOST is the customer service. Whenever we have a question or issue, Gradelink customer service/technical support representatives are helpful and friendly.

Cons

The only part of Gradelink that I don't love is the lesson planning feature. It is sufficient, and I could easily get by using that module. However, I prefer the flexibility of another lesson planning product.

Reasons for switching to Gradelink

We were very frustrated with the technical glitches we experienced with HeadMaster. You also had to use a portal to access the program. The interface was designed for PC, and it was clunky on a Mac. We often were kicked off during a session, and sometimes lost data.

Response from Gradelink

You made the support team's day, Aimee! We're always looking for ways to improve Gradelink, so please send a note to service@gradelink.com to let us know what changes you'd like to see in lesson plans.

Stephanie

Gradelink Integration

We’ve enjoyed working with gradelink. There grading, report cards, attendance, student database, transcripts, etc. are fantastic and easy to use. Love having this system!

Pros

I love the customer support and how easy it is for me to get an answer for what I’m looking for. Never have I worked with better customer support!

Cons

I’m not a fan of the lesson plans. They are designed to mirror Planbook, but the features just aren’t there to facilitate it. We ended up switching back to planbook this year. It’s slightly aggravating because gradelink is an all in one system.

Pricing

Reasons for switching to Gradelink

Engrade merged with another company and no longer offered the services we needed.

Response from Gradelink

Thank you, Stephanie, you made the support team's day! We also appreciate your feedback on lesson plans because it helps us better understand what schools need.

Replied September 2019

Whitney

September 2022

Great for grade school but lacking customization for adult learners

Pros

This software is an amazing database for keeping student records. It is highly customizable and there are endless fantastic features for teachers when it comes to lesson planning and class management.

Cons

Not all schools are grade schools. The ability to change the verbiage of “parents” to something else would be helpful. It is also challenging to use the progress report feature because our school does not have “Terms”. Students come and go all year and have different program lengths. This makes for difficult reporting with the features Gradelink has. Lastly, there is not a way to quickly copy a class and bring all existing assignments with it.

Response from Gradelink

Thank you, Whitney. We value your feedback! It helps us gain a better understanding of our schools' needs.

Replied September 2022

Samantha

School Parent Communication Tool

Staying connected with parents. Easy communication tool.

Pros

Ease of use. Low cost. Great customer service.

Cons

It's very basic. Not very fancy with the graphics or reporting features.

Reasons for choosing Gradelink

Cost and convenience with Gradelink already being in place at our school.

Response from Gradelink

We're glad you find Gradelink easy to use, Samantha! We want to make sure you're getting the most out of Gradelink, so please talk with your support rep about reports or other features you'd like to know more about. Plus, clicking on the question mark icon at the top of the screen in Gradelink will take you to the help site with tons of useful articles and videos.

Replied September 2019

Samantha

Great Value

So far this has been the easiest program to use out of all the others we have tried over the years and by far the most budget friendly!

Pros

I like how customizable this program is. We are a tiny school that is self-paced and year-round. It seemed like we could not find a product that checked all of our boxes.

Cons

I wish that users could have multiple roles. I have a teacher who is also an administrator. We had to create two accounts for him.

Cost and customization

Reasons for switching to Gradelink

The cost was too much for what we were getting. Also, it was not customizable enough for us. We had to pay each time we needed support.

Response from Gradelink

We are honored that you chose Gradelink as your SIS, Samantha! We look forward to working with you for years to come.

Replied January 2021

NyKisha

Wonderful Product with Excellent Customer Service

It has been a wonderful tool to help streamline our internal processes.

Pros

User friendly and the training videos. Anything not listed in a video can easily be explained by their helpful customer service reps.

Cons

We are patiently waiting for full integration with Microsoft Teams so assignments and grades can be exported over.

Reasons for choosing Gradelink

Simplicity; it is a very user friendly system.

Response from Gradelink

Thank you, NyKisha! We work hard to make things easy, so it's rewarding to know our efforts are paying off.

Replied December 2020

Eileen

Gradelink is an intuitive SIS with great support.

Our experience with Gradelink has been stellar! We were briefly forced to migrate to another SIS because of mandates from our district. But there was such a hue and cry from faculty, parents, and students, that at the end of one term we were allowed to return to Gradelink. For our size of school, Gradelink seems a perfect fit!

Pros

Some of the best endorsements of Gradelink are from our teachers and parents. Teachers who aren't particularly comfortable with technology say this is the most user-friendly SIS they have ever encountered. Those who are comfortable with technology find the system easy to learn and use effectively. I like that Gradelink just seems so intuitive. It behaves like it was designed from the school's needs up, as opposed to systems that seem to be designed from the top down by programmers to do what they think schools need. I was the system administrator for several years and worked with Gradelink customer support extensively. They were excellent! We had to implement new report cards, and they worked closely with us through the transition. I also liked the ability to create a test student to see how something would work before running with it. For functions that are only performed once in a while, e.g. opening a new term, Gradelink has links on that page with quick how-to reminders. You don't have to open and wade through a separate help window. I found that a great time saver. Parents find the system easy to use and so do our middle school students, who check their grades and monitor assignments routinely. We also like the communications portions of the program. The teacher pages, email capability, grade-books, etc. are all available with a single sign-in.

Cons

We've all gotten used to Microsoft and Google email products, and email from the Gradelink platform doesn't have all the features users find in dedicated email systems. For grades, it is live right away--there isn't a way to post grades, but not publish them until a later time. That might be desirable in some isolated cases, so much of a drawback all things considered.

Response from Gradelink

Wow, thank you for such a well-thought-out review, Eileen! We appreciate your suggestions for ways to make improvements. We're so glad you came back and we look forward to many more years of working with your school community.

Tina