All Gradelink Reviews

Reviewed April 2021

Comprehensive, but complicated

Linda

Reviewed May 2018

Gradelink is a fantastic SIMS, very cost-effective, superior support services, and user-friendly.

SIMS, gradebooks, lesson plans, enrollment/billing....it does it all!

PROS

The design of the product makes it easy to learn and use. The Gradelink team is super responsive both when you reach out, and they take customer suggestions for added funtionality seriously. Gradelink upgrades its product regularly with useful features. What you get for their price point cannot be beat by other SIMS products. I had a school full of reluctant users when we adopted Gradelink, and now I have a school full of rabid fans!

CONS

I cannot think of a single thing. Even their online help is good, and I am NOT a fan of most online help areas!

Wow, Linda, thank you for telling us how much everybody at Sacred Hearts School is enjoying Gradelink!

Replied May 2018

Vickie

Reviewed January 2021

Gradelink for schools

Experience has been good. Customer service is excellent - respond usually in the same day, even when I am on the East Coast and they are at West.

PROS

It is very user friendly and covers everything we need. I like that you can easily correct issues in the finance area. Email and text messages are easy to set up and send out. I still have things to learn about some of the finer points - reports etc.

CONS

Some reports under financials can get quit lenthly. Wish it was on fewer pages etc. especially when running statement by category.

more options on Gradelink

Reasons for switching to Gradelink

other program not user friendly and didn't do what we needed it to do.

Thank you for sharing how well Gradelink is working for your school, Vickie!

Replied February 2021

Renee

Reviewed June 2017

Working with the customer support staff made the whole learning experience enjoyable.

I am able to keep all of the information about my students and their grades in one easy-to-use, integrated platform. Since this was my first year working with a school and my first year using Gradelink, I had to learn quickly so I could stay ahead of the game while teaching the staff, parents, and students to use it as well. Gradelink was easy to understand, for the most part, and the support staff were easy to work with when I couldn't understand quick enough. I would recommend making more quality training videos to make your product easier to use and more professional feeling.

PROS

I like the shared family information, that parents can look at all of their children's grades in all of their classes under one login. I like the ease of communicating with one class or one grade level without having to create my own email groups. I like being able to change and manipulate the reports to our school's needs. I love the helpfulness of customer support and totally appreciate the fact that they stand with us in trying to understand how to make it work for us instead of being short on patience or frustrated with my inexperience.

CONS

I still haven't figured out how to end up with one English Literatue and Composition grade that incapsulates literature, writing, vocabulary and spelling classes with their different teachers into one final grade for the report card. As our school grows it would be helpful to have that as part of the program instead of the round about way I am doing it currently.

Thank you for your review, Renee! We're happy to do what we can to help you take full advantage of Gradelink's capabilities and we look forward to working with Konos Academy for years to come. If you haven't already, please contact your service representative to see what we can do to assist you with grading and report cards.

Replied July 2017

Reviewed December 2023

Great Customer Service

PROS

It's fairly easy to use and the customer service reps are very quick to respond and helpful.

CONS

Some functions are tedious to set up or correct. Sometimes it is a challenge to send correctly formatted emails through SmartSend.

Thank you for your feedback, Jennifer! Input from our schools plays a vital role in our ongoing product development.

Replied December 2023

Nancy

Primary/Secondary Education, 11-50 employees

Reviewed March 2020

Great Product...Great Value

Gradelink makes our job that much easier.

PROS

I chose Gradelink for our school because the basic system had so many components. Other SIS's I researched charged per component. Smartsend Pro makes communication easy. We added the online payment integration for incidentals. Gradelink allows for the flexibility to fit the needs of my school.

CONS

Adding on or starting up a new feature and/or personaliztion of the product can sometimes be time consuming.

Reason for choosing Gradelink

At the time, the alternative product had additional fees for different components that are included in the base SIS with Gradelink. The pricing parameters with Gradelink allow for increases & decreases in enrollment without major changes to my budget.

Reasons for switching to Gradelink

We wanted a SIS and communications medium that worked as one, not just online grading.

Thank you for choosing Gradelink, Nancy! It's rewarding to know that you've found some much value in it.

Replied April 2020

LAURENTIU

Reviewed September 2019

Great platform for school management, grades etc

Excellent, we were very happy with it

PROS

The software is fully featured, and offers a lot of bells-and-whistles within the basic package (attendance, grades, email messaging, discipline, GPA, reports, report-cards generation, contact info, emergency info, medical records info etc.). For a moderate price, you can add a few more features (e.g. unlimited text messaging, parent/student registration etc). The platform is very intuitive and allows a lot of customization (grade periods, grade scale, weighted grading, own discipline and attendance system etc). Support is well rounded, with a lot of online instructional materials (video and text) and phone support is very responsive. Another nice thing is that you can open simultaneously several accounts (admin, teacher, etc) in the same browser, and it has good security measures (accounts can be blocked by admin, you know who signed last and when, accounts get locked after third wrong singnin attempt etc).

CONS

The overall aspect is outdated, the colors are bleak, the whole system looks old school. Also, it behaves weirdly when averaging periods and grades (sometimes), you don't know exactly how it's done.

Reason for choosing Gradelink

Better options and price, better support

Reasons for switching to Gradelink

Engrade was a much less functional and efficient product and the support was almost inexistent

We've worked hard to make Gradelink as useful as possible, so it's gratifying to see how much your school community is accomplishing with it, Laurentiu! An update of the interface is on our to-do list, so stay tuned. And, if you haven't already, please talk with your support rep about averaging periods and grades so we get that figured out.

Barbara

Primary/Secondary Education, 11-50 employees

Reviewed August 2019

Answer to a small school's needs

I have been very satisfied with Gradelink, from usability to customer service when there is a question or concern. The staff is always polite and efficient. I would like to see some of the"extras" included in our package, simply from a budgetary perspective. We are a little school, your tuition/fees program looks excellent, I would like to see if it more effective that what we are using now. I highly recommend Gradelink and have spoken to other administrators about our success with the program.

PROS

I needed a program that would be easy to implement, easy to use, and affordable. After reviewing a number of SIS programs, Gradelink met the needs of the school. Having the program for five years I have found new staff members are able to jump in quickly, parents love the ease of communication and availability of attendance, grades, and comments concerning their children. We also use the "news" page to keep parents up to date with reminders and current events. I use the program for snow cancellation and delays, as well as blast informational emails to our community, including alumni.

CONS

There are still a couple of pieces of information that take me time to access, including a quick attendance report on an individual student or a readable transcript that is inclusive of attendance, but a part of that might be my lack of knowledge. Customer service has been excellent in helping us customize report cards, something we could not do independently. Some of the staff is still reluctant to use the planning program to its full capacity, I'm not sure if there is an overarching reason or merely a comfortability learning curve.

Reason for choosing Gradelink

I'm not sure these alternatives SIS companies are correct, the program is not allowing me to put in the companies as I remember them. Some programs were way out of our budget, some were far more or far less than what we needed, Gradelink was the right fit. The people I spoke with during the process were hugely helpful, professional, knowledgeable, patient. I spent a summer researching and experimenting with free trials. Gradelink won me over, and the staff has been nothing but supportive about the decision, which is why I have recommended Gradelink to other administrators that have been dissatisfied with their services. Gradelink grows with our school and our needs. I expect to be a long time customer.

Reasons for switching to Gradelink

Engrade no longer met our needs and had glitches that hindered my work. I realized the advantage of having a SIS that integrated a strong communication component with online grading/planning/standards/progress report and report card generating capacity, in addition to the ease of new staff member and parent usability.

We love hearing how well Gradelink fits your needs, Barbara, so thanks for sharing! We're always happy to help and there's no charge for training and support so please contact your support rep for assistance on anything from lesson plans to attendance reports. Or click on the question mark icon at the top of the screen in Gradelink for tons of invaluable information, including articles, screenshots and videos.

Replied August 2019

Debbie

Reviewed August 2019

Gradelink does what we need!

We've solved communication problems and group texting as well as phone calls with the program. Our overall experience has been positive. Gradelink has been very responsive to any concerns we have had.

PROS

Gradelink has been user friendly and provides us with all that we need to store our student information and communicate with our families at a reasonable price. The customer service has been great. It is easy for us to call and get help if we get confused or don't understand an aspect of the program. We do not need to set aside days to do teacher training. The program is simple enough that brief training sessions and video links are all we need to train new teachers. Ease of enrollment and re-enrollment are nice as well.

CONS

At times, I would like more features, such as digital sign in for our preschool and aftercare. They have a program for that, but it is not what we need, so we will wait patiently for the program to be perfected! :) When parents enroll, we have found that they can skip certain answers by just putting in a space or a letter, for example. We would like for that feature to some how be fixed.

Reason for choosing Gradelink

Originally, it was because of the cost of the other program. We are glad we made the decision because it is still much more cost effective for our small school AND seems much more user friendly when talking to other schools who use RenWeb.

Thank you for a great review, Debbie! We always appreciate feedback from our schools to let us know what's working well and what could use improvement.

Replied August 2019

Vanessa

Reviewed October 2023

Gradelink review

We love their customer service. They are pretty prompt. Overall, we have been very happy with the service. Our only motivation to every consider switching SISystems is so that our data can export much easier.

PROS

I like that it's difficult to permanently make an error. Most things are easily correctable should someone accidentally make a change that they didn't mean to make. It is user friendly.

CONS

The data doesn't easily export to other systems/apps. It has to be edited each time data is exported. I also wish all the reports were completely customizable, meaning I would like to be able to choose exactly what data I need for a report to export.

Reason for choosing Gradelink

I was not part of that decision but I believe gradelink was chosen due to it's price.

We love that you feel so confident in using Gradelink, Vanessa! Thank you for your valuable feedback.

Replied November 2023

Whitney

Education Management, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2022

Great for grade school but lacking customization for adult learners

PROS

This software is an amazing database for keeping student records. It is highly customizable and there are endless fantastic features for teachers when it comes to lesson planning and class management.

CONS

Not all schools are grade schools. The ability to change the verbiage of “parents” to something else would be helpful. It is also challenging to use the progress report feature because our school does not have “Terms”. Students come and go all year and have different program lengths. This makes for difficult reporting with the features Gradelink has. Lastly, there is not a way to quickly copy a class and bring all existing assignments with it.

Thank you, Whitney. We value your feedback! It helps us gain a better understanding of our schools' needs.

Replied September 2022

Samantha

Education Management, 2-10 employees

Reviewed January 2021

Great Value

So far this has been the easiest program to use out of all the others we have tried over the years and by far the most budget friendly!

PROS

I like how customizable this program is. We are a tiny school that is self-paced and year-round. It seemed like we could not find a product that checked all of our boxes.

CONS

I wish that users could have multiple roles. I have a teacher who is also an administrator. We had to create two accounts for him.

Cost and customization

Reasons for switching to Gradelink

The cost was too much for what we were getting. Also, it was not customizable enough for us. We had to pay each time we needed support.

We are honored that you chose Gradelink as your SIS, Samantha! We look forward to working with you for years to come.

Replied January 2021

Kathleen

Does Some Things Really Well

Overall I like GL. Customer Service is very responsive.

PROS

It's very easy to get information from GL into Excel where it can be manipulated. GL accepts a lot of information, and it's easy to update.

CONS

Navigation is really not intuitive. Information is compartmentalized and difficult to access. To change a student's attendance, instead of just looking up the student, I have to go look up the student's homeroom, then go to Attendance and find that homeroom, and change it there. I can't look at all of a student's attendance in Student module--I have to go to Administrator Reports, and do Custom Attendance. Teachers cannot see a lot of the information on a student for no reason that I've been able to discern.

Reason for choosing Gradelink

Features seemed better, for a better price. I don't know if I would make the same choice again.

Thank you for your feedback, Kathleen! We value input from our schools because it helps us with our continual product development and we're always looking for ways to make Gradelink even easier to use.

Andy

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Reviewed March 2023

Gradelink School Management System Review

Very positive. This is our first proper school management system and I am cannot recommend enough how impressed I am with the system and what it provides.

PROS

I always look for software that is intuitive and easy to pick-up and use. I found this to be the case with Gradelink. They provide an excellent Customer service to help get started and throughout the process of learning how to use the software as well as ongoing customer service.

CONS

As we are located outside of the US, organizing a way to pay the setup fee and annual fee took some time to sort out. This was eventually resolved.

Reason for choosing Gradelink

Price was competitive, customer service was excellent from the very beginning, product easy to use

Reasons for switching to Gradelink

Our self-created database was limited in what it could provide. We have grown to be a school of almost 600 students and needed a product that could provide better organization and efficiency in managing the school and reports etc.

There are a lot of choices out their, Andy, so we are honored that you chose Gradelink! We're here for you, so please let us if you ever need assistance.

Replied March 2023

Karen

Reviewed June 2017

I enjoy using this comprehensive, well organized software.

Not only has this software streamlined our grading and transcripting process, but it allows us to keep parents informed of students' academic progress, as well as school events in an easy and seamless fashion.

PROS

I do enjoy this software immensely! It has a lot of great features, which meld together seamlessly. I have used this software both as a guidance counselor with full admin privileges, and as a teacher. It is easily accessible to parents, and allows teachers to keep parents informed on a daily basis. The platform appears to be solid, and I don't have random "grade changes" while I'm not looking! I've listed four small issues below. When these are fixed, it will be fairly close to perfect, and I will be able to give it five stars all around. As with any multiple-feature computer program, there is a learning curve. Customer support is always there and willing to talk to us.

CONS

1. We cannot set up grading differently for middle school and high school. (We would like 25% per quarter, 10% exam for middle school, 40/40/20 for high school.) 2. We cannot easily select out parent vs. student e-mail in the Communicate section. 3. I would like to ability to write a comment on a transcript that is neither a test nor an award. 4. I would like to have the ability to print out a grade level of transcript. Specifying graduation year rather than grade level would be fine.

Thank you for taking the time to write such a well-thought-out review, Karen! We go to great lengths to make Gradelink an all-in-one solution for schools and their students, while still keeping it easy to use. We'll get in touch with you to talk about possible solutions to the issues you listed. We'll see what we can do to earn those five stars!

Replied July 2017

Vonda

Reviewed March 2023

A Very Satisfied Customer!

At this point I am realizing what a blessing Gradelink is for sending grades in to GA Futures! It has taken a while to iron out the problems, and my learning curve has been tough, but when I get it figured out, it will be a blessing and so much faster. Looking around in Gradelink to find answers for my questions has been a helpful experience because I can see so many other things we can work on in Gradelink to make the office work easier! I have always been impressed with Gradelink, and I look forward to learning more!

PROS

My favorite things about Gradelink include no more averaging grades at the end of a term, knowing student grades at a glance, not as many parent questions because they can look in Gradelink, fewer upset parents because they can see conduct issues in Gradelink, the ease of printing report cards, the ease of producing transcripts for high school students, and the speed of getting transcripts ready for students who have already graduated. I am really impressed with Gradelink, and I wonder what I did without it all those years when I first started teaching!

CONS

My least favorite thing about Gradelink is the lesson plan set-up. I tried to use it, but it was difficult if I needed to look at something in the grade section, then tried to transition to the lesson plans again. It was also difficult to go from the actual lesson plans to the homework section.

Reason for choosing Gradelink

Again, I am not sure. Cost probably figured into it.

Reasons for switching to Gradelink

They were still having some technical problems, and when we would call to ask about them, they wanted us to help solve the problems. When you are a teacher, you do not have time to solve someone else's problems!

Wow, Vonda, we love that you are getting so much out of using Gradelink! If you ever want assistance with lesson plans, please reach out to your support rep. We're always happy to help.

Replied March 2023

Portia

Reviewed September 2019

Gradelink for Schools is awesome.

Gradelink makes our operation completely automated and allows to admin to access student information efficiently. The less paper in our work environment the better.

PROS

This software allows our admin and teachers to work smarter not harder. The the software is utilized the easier it becomes to start a new school year because so much info carries over. The information that parents and students have is presented differently because each user has a different goal for using the software. Gradelink makes it easy to integrate all aspects of the education environment into one easy to use vehicle.

CONS

The software does not allow users to edit and input their own personal information. There fore keeping up on ever-changing hone numbers and even teacher info is a challenge. The information from previous years is not as easy to access. It is accessible though.

Reason for choosing Gradelink

Gradelink was the most user friendly.

The company folded.

"...allows our admin and teachers to work smarter not harder." We love that, Portia! And we agree that using less paper is a good thing. We appreciate your comments because they help us understand our customers' needs.

Janet