• Pros

• "The quality of video i can make with it. it's easy to use without courses to understand it.Adding subtitle is easy."

• "- Great user interface - Easy to use - No watermark even with the free edition - High quality screen recording tool - Worth buying a standard version - Export videos in various file formats"

• "Easy to use with this software and create high quality video on screen"

• Cons

• "The outcomes are not the best and the could be a lot of disappointments and frustration when editing. "

• "It lacks of video effects that many other video editors offer. Anyway, it's great for me since I seldom add effects to my tutorial video."

• "I don't have cons, I use ActivePresenter to edit my videos teaching classes and tutorials. It's a good tool to edit videos."

Browse ActivePresenter Reviews

Michael from Independent contractor

Great software and customer support

Productive developing of eLearning material, notably SCORM and good customer support

Pros

A good free version for evaluation and reasonably priced licenses. Easy to use and works great in HTML5 and SCORM to upload to LMS or other sites. Great customer support via the forum or email.

Cons

Hard to use javascript (at least for version 6) as no scripting references are available. This would be helpful as certain action in the interactive part are missing. e.g. a play/resume button - but support is available.

Response from Atomi Systems

Replied July 2018

Thank you for your positive review, Michael. Regarding Javascript support, we've made great improvements in the latest ActivePresenter 7 version with well documented Javascript API and an improved built-in editor. We also added support for multi-state object and other interactions. Best Regards, ActivePresenter Team.

Filip from SINT-ALOYSIUSCOLLEGE

A complete and well-designed software for creating interactive HTML5 elearning contents.

For me, ActivePresenter is perfect as an all-in-one elearning authoring package!

Pros

I use ActivePresenter now for almost 3 years! I am very proud of showing my presentations to all my colleagues. The interactivity and the user-friendly approach is so great! As a Physics Teacher, after many years, I finally found the ultimate solution to cope with the modern students needs. ActivePresenter makes teaching active, dynamic, `flashing and student-related. All my lessons are `packed in ActivePresenter. I also incorporate the necessary text-to-speech fragments; this makes me feel completely relieved and at ease, because prepared to `cope with the group of `youngsters in the classroom. These moments in front of the classroom are accompanied with e-learning activities. ActivePresenter presentations have full interactive options; students are really enthusiastic to work independently on tasks, modules, interactive quizzes and hard-core-physics-exercises. Here are a few of the many things I like about the software: Easy `basic-down-to-earth PowerPoint-like presentations with automated output; (even here, the possibilities are 100-fold compared to other tools!). Built-in audio/video editing capabilities. Interactive elements are available to guide the audience by an adapted path, fitting the situation or the need of the audience. Various types of questions/quizzes. All the results of the students can easily be stored in an LMS (with SCORM or xAPI support). You can also make an automated link to Google Spreadsheets to follow up the results!

Cons

A little bit of learning curve before you can explore all the possibilities of the software. (but after all, there is a very elaborated manual and a supporting help-desk!)

Response from Atomi Systems

Replied January 2018

Thank you very much for the review! ActivePresenter has too many features that some first time users may find it a little bit to get started, that's why we're making more and more beginner's tutorials and our support is always there to help.

Jesse from Self - Employed

Best User-Friendly Screen Recording Software with Built-in Features

Great product. It's built to compete with other big-budget screen recording softwares, but doesn't get the credit it deserves.

Pros

Most of the budget programs for screen recording have limitations that make their software unusable for professional projects. ActivePresenter has many features that are useful for even the most professionally created projects.

Cons

I wish the green "play" button was a little bigger. I click it often and I would like to see it be a little easier to click on and I'm usually moving around with my mouse like a crazy person.

Response from Atomi Systems

Replied May 2020

Hi Jesse, Thank you very much for your positive review. That's a motivation for our dev team to continue improving ActivePresenter. Best Regards, ActivePresemter Team.

Easy but not the best to edit your videos or presentations.

It can save you from an emergency, but I wouldn't use it regularly.

Pros

It's relatively easy to use, gets the job done. Intuitive in most of the processes and light in space on your PC.

Cons

Response from Atomi Systems

Replied March 2018

Thank you for the review. Can you please help by being more specifc about the Cons so we know what to improve? - "The outcomes are not the best": What types of outcomes you're referring to? And what are the (typical) issues with those outcomes? - Frustration when editing: can you give several examples? What editing functionilty make you frustrated? Thank you!

Gregory from Pinnacle Mortgage Corporation

Looking for a cost-effective tool to combine on screen recordings with other media.

Ability to record on screen actions and combine that with recorded video, still and audio clips to create a single merged video output.

Pros

I played with a lot of tools in this category - many are free/feature limited with Pro versions ranging from single high cost to subscriptions. Active Presenter was the best combination of features (basic timeline editing, ability to pan and zoom the screen video, various options for exporting, no recurring costs for needed features) I found. In fairness, there is no such think as "simple" video editing. If you don't know what you're doing or don't do it frequently enough to recall all the feature locations, you'll struggle. Active Presenter is not designed for first time/one time use. It's a fairly serious program with a lot of features and options. I appreciate that it gives me the tools and controls to do the things I need without limitations, even at the cost of a learning curve.

Cons

It feels like it's designed for more slideshow based output than full video. It's capable of both, but many of the obvious options and toolbar buttons are geared towards something other than integrated video and on-screen action.

Response from Atomi Systems

Replied January 2018

Hi Gregory, Thank you very much for your favorable review! We're glad that ActivePresenter provides all the tools that you ever need. It's also a good motivation for us to keep improving the overall UX. Best Regards,

Jacky from Self-employed

I am a writer about software for PCs and Mac.

Pros

ActivePresenter can record video, webcam with audio, system sound and take screenshot in full hd quality. The program also comes with very intuitive interface plus ever-expanding variety of video editing features. It is free and safe to use.

Mary from BizTech (Pty) Ltd

Making videos as easy as 1...2... Go!

Video user guides have become effortless and a huge time saver. Being able to utilise PowerPoint slides in this software has helped immensely as I don't have to do the work over, the foundation is there, I just need to add in effects.

Pros

The ease of use and the interface with PowerPoint. Compared to other video software out there that is complicated and difficult to use, I managed to figure this one out quite quickly, thanks to the PowerPoint interface. Being able to add in text boxes in the same way as PowerPoint is a huge time saver, and the ease of timing how long a slide, text, etc is displayed is effortless. A huge plus that has to be mentioned is that the free version does 95% of what the paid version does, and there are no watermarks on your final product. To really make polished videos of an extremely high calibre - for example if you want your music to fade in and out - you would need the paid version. The user manual also helped immensely.

Cons

I can't say that there is anything that stands out here. I found the software to be overall brilliant.

Jacky from Cg machinery co.,ltd

Industry: Business Supplies and Equipment

Great software for creating training videos.

Using Standard version for 3 years now and fully satisfy with the packages. The product is automtically updated frequently. Great tool, good price and support. Worth every penny for screencast, training videos, product demonstration.

Pros

Great video editing tool. Great screencast tool for mac and windows. Easy to use Various feature for elearning.

Response from Atomi Systems

Replied March 2017

Thank you very much for your nice review of ActivePresenter!

Michael from Whitehall Central School District

ActivePresenter was exactly what I needed

I had a few different issues that were both handled well by ActivePresenter. I needed to record some brief training tutorials for some of our new employees. I was able to do so artfully, easyly, crop and zoom, as I needed and it worked great for this. I had used other recorders in the past, but this worked better than I expected. We've also used it to "Play / Record" some proprietary security video formats that otherwise could not be converted. While not for what it was designed, ActivePresenter did it better than any other software we had tried (and we tried many).

Pros

Excellent Screen Recording. Good editing after the fact. Brainless easy to use. Just works.

Cons

It didn't install itself? Not exactly free, but you use it and can figure out if it's what you need, and go from there!

Edo from METECNO TRADING Gmbh

Interesting software solution for animations that is not for everyone

If You have enough working hours free so that You can master this software than You can make interesting and useful results.

Pros

Relatively simple animation can be done relatively easy, with so much freedom and options. User interface is clean and and simple to understand and use. Most options are same as in many other video editing software solutions. Design/graphics options are FANTASTIC. Event handler is very good. User interface can be (partially) adapted to user needs.

Cons

Learning curve (for beginner) is extremely difficult. More tutorials and examples would be nice. More fonts and options regarding them are needed.

Vinayakrishna from Theorem

A very robust product to create PPTs and video tutorials

My tutorial video creation work has become very easy.

Pros

I like this software for these reasons: * First of all, this is a free software for in-house non-commercial uses which really suits my kind of job. * The features present in this are at par with other paid products. * Very user-friendly. * Online tutorials are very informative.

Cons

These can be improved: * Free version does not have some features like creating a table of contents for video simulation guides, animations etc. * The screen space can be utilized more efficiently i guess.

Heena from freelancer

One of the best screen capturing and video editing tool so far which is easy to use.

Pros

Cons

- New fonts should be added - Can only import video files made with Active presenter - Performance of the PC slows down on using this tool

ActivePresenter review

Pros

Easy to use with this software and create high quality video on screen

Cons

free version leave water mark of this software

NELSON from Gerencia y Outsourcing

With ActivePresenter you can do your videos in a easy way and fast!

Pros

I was try with other kind of videos editing tools, but with ActivePresenter I feel that is easy to do a video editing in short time.

Cons

Good software for screen mirroring

I'm Udemy instructor. I used it when it's free version it's very good. I searched a lot for program make this features but I suffered a lot.

Pros

Cons

it needs best performance to screen mirroring with good quality. it should decrease prices for students or make it free

May 2015

Aaron from East London Radio

May 2015

Started using this for instructional videos and elearning

I've recently upgraded from the free version to the paid for software and I am really impressed.