• Pros

• "I use this all day everyday! I am constantly taking shots and sharing with my team. It is just so so easy with the keyboard shortcuts and drag and drop feature... I totally love this app! "

• "It's so useful and easy to use, and allows me to communicate effectively with colleagues. I use it several times a day."

• "The ease of use. Extremely simple to use, and customizable shortcuts make working with the app very seamless."

• Cons

• "The only little niggle is there are very occasionally glitches or outages, but to Cloudapps credit they do get them sorted and they are very polite at responding to emails."

• "Even though the tool is improving fast, it still lacks some features which are standard on other screen capture apps."

• "It would be nice to more easily delete screen captures but to me that is this app's biggest failing, so it's pretty good!!"

Browse CloudApp Reviews

Steve from Royal Liverpool and Broadgreen University Hospital NHS Trust

One of the few apps I use every single day...essential for devs or for digital life!

Pros

They have trialled and tested this product a lot; that is obvious. It is ridiculously easy to use and offers the ability to create animated gifs, screengrab video (with or without use of your webcam and mic to record your face and voice) and screengrabs which you can annotate. The software sits quietly in the background not using too many resources until you know you need it and the easy shortcuts can help you get going. I use a lot of the images and animated gifs for interactive training materials and plans.

Cons

The only thing I wish you could do with CloudApp is choose the default copy type after you have taken a screengrab, video or GIF. Right now, the software auto copies the link to the image / video but there are other options including copy a direct link (so just the image on a page without editing options etc.) and a copy to the content iself (ie. if you take a screengrab you can copy the image directly into documents and emails). It would be ideal if you could chose which of these the software does by default to make it even more convenient. Other than that, the software could not be better!

Jonathan from Partner Hero

Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

CloudApp will solve all your screen capture needs and more.

I love CloudApp, despite the fact of it being a paid service, I see the value it can bring to big businesses with lots of back and forth communication on a daily basis.

Pros

I love the link-sharing features where you can just take a screenshot and share it with anyone via just a short link without much more effort than copy & paste. One great thing about it is that you can even record your screen for a short period of time and also share it/

Cons

I don't like that this is a paid service that comes with a little do a high mark for what it does since you can also just use the keyboard commands to capture anything and share it another way rather than a link.

David from Beekeeper

Great tool. Worst support ever

It's a great to do screenshot easily, but the support team is not supportive.

Pros

When the tool it's extremely simple to use.

Cons

The customer team is inexistent, you can spend weeks with critical bugs not being solved

Ken from Drift.com, Inc.

How I use CloudApp everyday in my Sales Job

For someone in sales, this is an indispensable tool. It makes my life easier, and the ease of dropping its images captured anywhere (in Slack, into an email, etc.) is why I keep using it day after day.

Pros

So this is one tool I cannot live without. The ability to take a screen grab, write on it to illustrate and highlight important points, helps me do my job much easier than in the past where I would have to re-create an image. More importantly, it is a time saver, which is the value prop that the CloudApp team touts.

Cons

There are times when glitches happen and I have to redo a step, it is inconvenient but not a show stopper.

Jovan from Nifty

Best tool for screenshots, videos and gifs

CloudApp skyrocket collaboration with my team. Everything going much faster than before.

Pros

I use Cloudapp daily basis with my team and collaborators. The functionality of this app is more than great, every screenshot or GIF you create can be shared very quickly via sharable link.

Cons

I think I like almost every aspect of this app. More space on the free plan always warmly welcomed.

Fraser from Advertising ROI

The handiest tool for image capture

It is one of the handiest tools in my online toolbox and saves me a lot of time now that I don't have to clip screenshots and then save them as images and upload them to an email. Now i can just paste the URL of the screenshot for anyone to see immediately

Pros

It is simple to use and makes sharing discoveries and problems with your team or with a support team so much easier

Cons

The Windows app has previously been a bit unstable and did not work properly for a while but recent updates have cured this.

Karen from The May Creative

Quickly share and embed videos!

Overall its been a win for me and people are impressed when I share a video instead of just typing a response to a question they may have.

Pros

I work with a lot of people remotely and sometimes an email is not the best method to communicate. It's easier to record a video and share exactly what I need to. CloudApp solves that plus it easily integrates with my project management tool so people can just click and watch the video while in the app. I can also down the original file and upload it to other video sharing platforms like YouTube.

Cons

On a rare occasion, it can glitch when opening but it's a rare case for me. Usually, I just restart the application and its fine.

Complete Sharing - Head to Toe!

Pros

Cloudapp replaces the system screenshot macro (If you want it) which makes integration into current workflows seamless. Cloudapps mark up and quick edit tools are actually useful, and fast! Custom domains for the links you're providing. Asset expiration. Photo, video, GIF.

Cons

There's nothing I don't like about Cloudapp. It does what it says and it does it well. I'm glad to have Cloudapp installed and use it easily hundreds of times a day.

Matt from Guidebook, Inc.

I've tried a couple like it, and prefer CloudApp

Pros

Super easy to use. The toolbar thing makes it super easy to pull up. The automatically-created link makes it super easy. The annotate feature is super handy and robust enough. The video record / gif create features are super clutch, too.

Cons

One thing I wish it offered, and that I"ve never seen before, is the ability to create a screenshot of an infinite scroll. So for example, rather than just be locked into screenshotting something I can see on my static screen, I'd like the ability to tell CLoudApp a portion of my screen to record, then scroll down, and have it stitch multiple screenshots into one long image.

Mayo from LBPP-LIA

The Shortcut to Capture Your Screen

Pros

It's easy to setup. And using it is as simple as assigning shortcut key combination. The shots will automatically uploaded to the cloud.

Cons

There no way to set a pre-defined area to shoot.

Jeremy from Early Stage Startup

August 2016

All 28 people on my team use CloudApp! Screenshots & grabs are a 2nd language now.

CloudApp is one of only three apps everyone on my team uses (along with Slack and Gmail). New hires see us all using it constantly in chat, on Github pull requests, in bug 'repro' steps, over email, and in presentations, so they gravitate toward it and pick it up quick. Over chat the screen recordings do an amazing job of demoing bits and pieces of UI or app behavior that are works-in-progress. This massively speeds up our feedback loops and removes a lot of verbal and written explanation. Long live the animated gif! Github pull requests that make user-facing changes often include screen recordings that show before v. after. This lets more people note the change and, for small changes, can allow designers and product managers to give thumbs up without more than a glance. And last, our bug reports benefit tremendously from screen recordings. Animated gifs ftw again! Saves on writing and explanation, making issues easily identifiable and reproducible by an engineer ready to fix it. No one on the team will ever go back. Using CloudApp has become second nature to us now! And while most of it happens thanks to auto-expanded images in Slack or Github, there are crucial times we take advantage of CloudApp's notes features to illustrate a point, or its search feature to dig up an earlier example.

Pros

CloudApp upgrades habits we all have using desktop software (copy-paste and taking screenshots). You don't have to learn anything new--your habit suddenly just works better, and you can never go back.

Response from CloudApp

Replied August 2016

Hi Jeremy, This is Derek from CloudApp. I work with Julie. Thank you thank you thank you for this review! It is incredible and VERY appreciated! Thank you thank you thank you! Best, Derek VP of Marketing / CloudApp

Carl from Yaktek

Big fan, love it!!

I'm a huge fan of CloudApp. Been using them for the last 6 months. Started out where a few of my team members in the customer support team were using it, so I jumped in to give it a try too. At first I was just using it to take a few screenshots here and there, but what ended up being hugely helpful in my day to day support workflow was being able to answer our customers questions with a quick custom video. We get a ton of questions from our customers but they don't always quite understand our documentation. We do our best!! But with CloudApp I can send a short video that I personally made in 10-15 seconds answering a question visually, rather than writing out a couple paragraphs of text. Since we use Zendesk, I find myself wishing that CloudApp had a Zendesk integration. Usually I have to copy a short CloudApp link to a ticket or upload the gif directly but I'd love to see it made a bit easier. Visual search had been really great so far too. Would love to see a Giphy integration so I can search for my stuff and maybe search for something that makes me or a team member laugh that I could share. Last thing would be our Intercom client. We get a lot of customer tickets from our website and if I paste a link into a chat it doesn't show a preview. Intercom, if you're reading this, get that fixed!

Pros

1) Huge time saver. 2) A much easier way to show my team (or friends) a visual to answer a question. 3) Works extremely well in my support team

Cons

1) It doesn't have a Gmail/Chrome integration. 2) They don't have a great mobile app. There's a few in the App Store but none of them give as good as an experience as their Mac desktop app.

Response from CloudApp

Replied August 2016

Thank you Carl for your amazing review! It is greatly appreciated. Best, Derek Rey / CloudApp

Erik from rankbydesign

One of my favorite apps

Its a great little app that really helps my productivity. I would put in in my top 5 favorite tools I use daily. Not terribly expensive, and the monthly fee pays fro itself quickly.

Pros

CloudApp is one of the most handy tools for sending email attachments - even videos. Im a Mac user so it sits in my top toolbar. I simply drag in the attachment(s) and it creates the archive and link automatically. Not only that it copies the link to your clipboard so you can just paste it right into your email. It will "ding" and then you know its uploaded and ready to share. Short videos are really easy to make as well but selecting a screen area, pressing start and you ready to go.

Cons

My biggest complaint is that some servers detect the links as spam or untrusted. So in some cases the link will not work. Not sure why this happens but think there are some using the cloud app service who may be abusing it, thereby flagging spam filters. Ive tried to add a custom domain to the short link it creates (service allows this) but it does not seem to help this problem.

Ernie from ActiveCampaign

Job (and life) changing

CloudApp has made adding screenshots and images to my blog posts incredibly easy. CloudApp has made giving additional context to colleagues simple by giving us the ability to take a screenshot of what we're talking about on the site. I have nothing negative to say about this tool other than it's set my expectations for similar tools so high that I'm usually disappointed by them.

Pros

It's incredibly easy to use and reliable. You can take a simple screenshot, a gif, a video, and annotate it all within the app. It's quick, it's versatile, and it's incredibly functional. I use this tool every day, for every blog post, and for a number of different things. As a sales rep I used it for entirely different but equally important tasks.

Cons

The only thing I wish I could do that I currently cannot is to go back into an annotation I've made after I saved. Sometimes I realize I've forgotten to note something, drawn a border incorrectly, or some other minor edit and am unable to go back into the original screenshot/gif to fix it. It's not a terribly big issue because of how simple it is to go back and take another screenshot or gif.

Daniel from Prezi

Industry: Information Services

A must for Support team

I have implemented the tool for our Support team and before this I have done research of similar tools. Cloudapp had the best features, better price and a great support/customer success team which made it easy to implement.

Pros

With one simple shortcut you can create a screencast (Video or GIF), screenshot (with or without annotation) and send to your users in chat. Cloudapp has greatly increased our Support teams productivity. It is also very useful for building reports or knowledge base internally as you can simply drag and drop the screenshots or screencasts to Atlassian. Very helpful when creating internal documentation for other agents.

Cons

It would be a great addition if the video screencast would also record audio (like screenflow) as sometimes we need the audio recorded as well which is happening on screen when trouble shooting or recording bugs related to the product.

Darcy from Buffer

Quick, easy, neat, I feel like a pro!

I can quickly get my thoughts across to customers and team members. It's simple and fast. I really couldn't go a day without it.

Pros

It's quick to load and the fact that the link absorbs into the clipboard is SO easy and fast. There are multiple ways to use it - downloads, webcam vids, screenshare vids with voice, GIFs of screen, images, annotations. Really - there are SO many ways to up your game in social and customer care by using CloudApp.

Cons

Small screenshots don't always come out readable without clicking on them and waiting to see what it is. The head of the arrow in the Annotations is super huge and I often have to find workarounds when I'd really like to use it. It would be cool to shrink it width-wise along with length-wise. I wish you could copy/paste annotation components (arrows that you've sized a certain way, text, etc.) Click on the element, ctrl+c, ctrl+v I wish there was a solid box in annotations that you could add. There's an outline, but not a solid box or circle that I've discovered.

A must have tool

I loved it and I doubt a week goes by when I do not use it multiple times.

Pros

This is one of those tools that many people won't realize they need until they get used to using it. Yes, if you work in a support team then the usage case is obvious, and it excels at support, but it is so much more than that. How often do you have to try to explain something to someone and it takes forever in words, but a quick screenshot would do the trick. Problem with a screenshot is you have to remember the key combination to take it. Then you have to open up your email. Then attach the file to it, etc. With Cloudapp this is all simplified to an amazing degree. But it goes further than just screenshots. How about sending a 1 minutes video to your telco showing them that there is a problem with your bill, or even sending a document to someone without having to attach it to an email. Trust me. This is genius.

MINA from TGWA

Industry: Online Media

My to go app for screen capturing

One of my best buys so far. Worth every penny and I recommend it to everyone all the time.

Pros

I got it on sale. It lets me use my own branding and subdomain. It's light on any computer even my slow laptop. Frequent updates and new features. Customer service is super responsive. It's like an online database of all my screenshots vs my older to go software which would only take a screenshot and save it on my local computer.

Cons

There has been a problem with the annotate tool on Firefox on both my home computer and my laptop which prevents me from annotating any of my screenshots but I haven't really contacted customer service about it. It might be related to a plugin on my browser or something. But I don't really use that feature that's why I don't bother asking customer service about it.

Huge savings in productivity.

I am a Product Manager and often, due to the speed at which we work and the people I work with, words are not the best medium to convey thoughts when you discover snags or bugs. Developers are busy people and want to build things and move on. CloudApp lets me visually capture product behavior to explain desired functionality, in the form of videos and gifs and thus speed up communication within my team. I really love the tool.

Pros

The ability to capture screenshots and annotate them with comments or arrows. The ability to capture videos as well as gifs has enabled me to be more productive. As a Product Manager, I can enhance my documentation efforts by bringing in a visual component to requirements and bug descriptions. It has helped me writing feature walkthroughs as well as explain competitive product offerings to my team.

Cons

Every once in a while, I have observed that the tool's library shows captured screenshots which I hadn't intended to capture. It may be due to the fact that the shortcut keys on the keyboard (Ctrl+Alt+Shift+5) are close to a frequently used shortcut (Ctrl+Alt+Del). It's either that or maybe it's just...fat fingers!

David from Flywheel

Great application to share screenshots and screen captures

The ability to send ad-hoc screenshots and screen shares very quickly and easily to customers makes it so much easily to assist and help troubleshoot customer issues. Highly recommended for any customer support team.

Pros

Software is very easy to use. Use it to take screenshots and send them through to customers with a shortened personalized URL. You can also use it to take screen captures, as well as annotate and edit screenshots (ie. adding arrows, circles around important parts of a screenshot).

Cons

Software does one thing very well, not much to dislike about it. Just need to learn the shortcut to copy your screenshot and then the software automatically uploads the image to the cloud and saves a link in your clipboard to paste into what ever application you want to use to send that link.

CloudApp Just Works

I enjoy using CloudApp several times each day. You can set a custom domain to maintain branding across all links. It's easy to share a link and, if you wish, to download the linked file directly. It's not the only link shortening/sharing app out there, but it is clearly one of the best.

Pros

Once installed, CloudApp works very well, with options for creating GIFs, recording video and more. There are integrations right out of the box for Trello and Slack, and a variety of ways to annotate and share.

Cons

I use Droplr, too, and in some ways I still prefer its UI/UX, though CloudApp has improved by leaps and bounds over the past year or so. It's been recently bought by Microsoft—which can be a good thing or a bad thing (consider the Wunderlist saga). Time will tell.

Romeo from Audience Ninja

An essential tool that speeds up productivity in the easiest way possible - a perfect combination

It saves me a lot of time, making me much more productive.

Pros

The simplicity and utility, mixed with the time-saving logic-steps are what makes this tool so exceptional. Simplicity; using simple (or user-defined) shortcut keys to capture parts of a screen as an image or video. Simplicity; dragging any file onto a system tray icon to have it uploaded to CloudApp storage. Simplicity; after a file has been uploaded, simply paste the auto selected link wherever you want to share it. Utility; screenshotting, screen recording, file storage, file sharing, annotation, commenting; it's all there! Logic-steps; auto upload and copy link to clipboard, auto-open into desktop annotation; these kinds of time-savers are well thought out, seamless and really help my workflow.

Cons

It'd tough to find anything but if I HAD to it'd be that, at least in previous versions of the desktop app, it was buggy; the auto-open for annotations didn't always work. That seems to have been resolved now though!

Best drag-and-drop file sharing solution

CloudApp simplifies our workflow when we need to share screenshots and files to people outside of our organization. We highly recommend it!

Pros

The reason we chose CloudApp is the MacOS integration in the menu bar. We used WeTransfer before, which required us to go to their website to upload files, but CloudApp allows us to just drag and drop our files to the menu bar, and it creates a shareable link for us.

Cons

CloudApp successively increased its pricing, without much justification and added features. I was quite disappointed to see the lack of new features over the last 2-3 years. Also, storage prices dramatically decreased over time, so it's hard to understand why they keep increasing their prices.

Lauren from ThriveHive

Cloudapp is amazing for communication between engineers, designers, and pms.

Better teamwork/communication overall, especially for front-end development work. Also more flexibility for remote work (working from home for sickness/weather/holiday season).

Pros

I love how fast everything gets generated and how easy it is to use. I work on the frontend team at my company, and I'm always sending videos and gifs to our designer for product review, as well as to our PM when filing issues. It's incredibly helpful to be able to take a quick video to show navigation flow, testing results, and edge cases, and it's way easier to have a visual than it is to explain things in technical terms. It's also wicked useful for remote work-- holiday season has made things kind of funky with everyone working from home, but I don't feel like I've lost on communication this time of year thanks to Cloudapp.

Cons

There are times I wish I could annotate or crop videos. I will say though, Cloudapp has been great about steadily adding features, so I'm not too worried/it's not even a pressing issue haha.

Jesus from Blue Squares Creative, LLC

This powerful screen capture and recording program has a new home on my desktop.

Pros

I'm a former Snagit user that recently picked up CloudApp on an Appsumo deal. I'm glad I did, because this software has essentially replaced Snagit and helped me communicate ideas quickly with everyone including clients, customers, family and friends. The software sits in your system tray and allows 1 click recording or capturing of GIFs, video or screen. And once the capture is taken, it automatically uploads it and copies the link to your clipboard. Other helpful features include... Analytics Link shortening Annotations Search feature (priceless) Comments (can be disabled) Sync If you need a quick way to record screens and share them, this is it.

Cons

I don't have any cons to list on this one. Everything from the UI to the features are well designed and operate properly.

Shane from Coldwell Banker Real Estate

Amazing App, I Wish There Was More 3rd Party Support

Pros

In the cloud storage game, it's hard to battle against giants like Google Drive, Dropbox, Amazon, and Box. But CloudApp is a spectacular cloud storage option that allows customization of the URL for links, privacy settings with either passwords or expiration dates, easy upload and share, almost everything you could want.

Cons

Being that it is much smaller, it often goes overlooked by other services. I would love to see more places have CloudApp integration like they do Dropbox. While CloudApp is my preference, I end up still needing Dropbox or Drive because of the integrations and accessibility offered by those services.

Quality software product with amazing value for money and huge time-saver!

Productivity.

Pros

CloudApp allows me to take screenshots and videos and upload them to their cloud app. I often have to make step-by-step tutorials and guides. I use CloudApp to take screenshots to outline steps. I have also used this to provide video walkthroughs and gif creations. The tool simply captures the screen image/video and directly uploads it into the cloud and gives you a shareable link. I didn't realize what a huge time saver this would turn out to be. The chrome extension and desktop app have become one of my most-used apps.

Cons

I have only a minor issue with this tool. The global standard keyboard shortcut for the undo feature, 'Ctrl + z' does not exist here. It would be nice if they could implement this feature. Also, there have a few instances (just one or two) where the audio lagged behind the video recording.

Ryan from LeadIQ

August 2016

Easy to use...and it's changed the way we do our support and sales.

We really like CloudApp. We needed a way to easily show our customers features of LeadIQ's, and CloudApp's screen shooting makes it really simple and easy. We've been able to cut down our ticket times using their gif recorder. With it you can record actions inside our app, and just send a link to the customer to show them how to do something. This speeds up the back and forth.

Pros

Very easy to use, high quality capturing, and really cool analytics on the files you upload.

Cons

Once in a great while, we'll have customers that get confused having to open a Cloudapp link. The good news is, the more they use it, the more comfortable they become with it. It's naturally like the evolution of a product.

Response from CloudApp

Replied August 2016

Thank you Ryan! This is an awesome review... Greatly greatly appreciated! Best, Derek Rey / CloudApp

Shannon from YNAB

CloudApp is great for easy screenshots or taking a video of your computer.

Pros

I love how easy it is to take a screenshot - and that you can select the size of said screenshot. It's also nice to edit the image captured and copy the content into a message. The speed is also a plus! Creating videos is also fairly easy and I love that after the video uploads I receive an alert with the link to the video already ready to go.

Cons

I've used CloudApp on both a Mac and a PC. CloudApp appears to be more sluggish for use with PCs and edited images are trickier to save. Far less issue with this using the Mac. Occasionally, the image or video I've made fails to load, which can be extremely frustrating as I need to start over.

Paola from WeddingDayStory

Industry: Photography

Using Cloudapp to create GIFs & show simple processes is easy as pie

Mostly illustrative GIFS and storing my inspiration boards and anything I want to quickly save for later. Makes my files searchable, that's a huge plus!

Pros

The fact that is an one stop shop for several steps that it would normally take to put together a tutorial file or tool. I can create up to 1 minute explanations on video with annotations and even emojis... Plus, I don't have to worry about making the animation for the gif, hosting it or nothing else, I just copy the link and that gif is on my e-mail before I know it. Love the gifs. I also can save any screengrab and it makes them searchable, which is very helpful as I'm normally one to screenshot things for later but then I never find them or remember what I saved. This tool just organized every loose thought for me. The analytics have been particularly useful as well, to make sure when our users got their information and if they are following up or not.

Cons

Could use folders for even more organization. Plus, if I have to download all my files at once I would have to go one by one vs. having an option to just bulk download everything I have saved in CloudApp-That's a con for me, but it's not a big deal anyway.

Best Screenshot and Desktop Recording Tool

Quick and easy screensharing.

Pros

It is quick and easy to use with lots of great features like annotate, share with a link, or share the original file. It has great shortcut keys that you can reprogram if you happen to have a competing app with built-in sharing to lots of other collaboration services like Slack and Trello.

Cons

There is not much that I don't love about this software. It runs silently in the background and never asks me to give it a review.

Maurice A from PartnerHero

Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Screenshot sharing done easy

Pros

I LOVE how easy it is to share (or save) screenshots with your teammates. Once you've installed the app, is as simple as just pressing the keyboard shortcut, select what you want to record and presto! A link is automatically copied to your clipboard and sharing takes "paste", and that's it! Aside from taking a full-screen screenshot or a partial one, you're able to record your screenshots in a video or a one-minute gif. It helps when you want to explain/show your teammate a process.

Cons

I don't have anything negative to say. The app has a bunch of cool features, but I only use it to share screenshots/recordings quickly to my teammates and haven't had any issues with it.

Kristi from Help Scout

CloudApp saves me time and allows me to communicate much more effective. It's a game changer!

Time saving and clearer communication

Pros

CloudApp has every feature I need as a customer support professional. I can share gifs, annoted images, and screencasts quickly and easily, which saves me time typing, and reduces confusion for the customers I email. Also, their customer support team is always very speedy, helpful, and responsive. I couldn't be happier! It's so valuable. It's hard to imagine doing customer support without it.

Cons

It would occasionally be handy to have the option to save a screenshot to my desktop instead of the cloud sometimes.

Great tool for sharing images on the fly

Pros

I love how quick it is to snap a screenshot and paste it into a slack conversation. I don't have to save an image to my computer and pollute my desktop, i simply copy paste the link and it expands nicely into the conversation.

Cons

I don't need to receive an email every time someone opens a link i've shared, but i can probably disable the function, i just haven't done it.

Jack of All Trades

CloudApp has saved me so much time since I got it. It's so much easier and faster to communicate with people visually using CloudApp's tools than it is to write long, detailed paragraphs to people.

Pros

CloudApp is extremely versatile and makes communication with others easy. I’ve used it to capture screenshots and make annotations when I need to make an important point to someone. I’ve used it to record videos and gifs when I need to show a problem to the tech support of a company I’m reaching out to for help. I’ve used it to record video presentations that have included my face and my screen. I’ve even used CloudApp as file storage. CloudApp worked well in all these instances for me.

Cons

My screen doesn’t always automatically update when I try to delete a file while using CloudApp’s web app. Sometimes I have to refresh my browser before I see a file has been indeed deleted.

Stephanie from Golden Eko

CloudApp is my go to app for explaining anything with just an image or video to clients & employees

Pros

Lost of options with the mac app. I just click on the option I want and the select the section of the screen I want to screen shot, make a gift and/or record a video of the screen and front camera. Simple way to share your videos and screenshots with the ability to use custom links and branded URL. love the ability of make comments and get insights/reports on the videos and images Annotations are also a great feature to highlight something and make sure your massage is clear

Cons

I often find myself rebooting the app on my macbook pro computer because it crashes, so I have to use the web/browser version of cloudapp once that happens.

Melissa from YNAB

Love CloudApp

Pros

CloudApp is a life-saver as I work in customer support. We use it everyday to give our users visuals. It's extremely easy to use!

Cons

There really isn't anything I don't like about CloudApp. The only thing I can think of is that I'd like to be able to edit the name of the clip in the pop-up window.

Dave from Grain Edit

Handy tool for Screenshots and Quick Videos

Pros

Cloudapp is one of a few tools that I use on a daily basis. I love that I can quickly upload large files and people can comment on them. I'm also excited to see the recent addition of webhooks which can be used in conjunction with Zapier. Other things I like: - Allows me to know if a file has been seen. - Capture + Do option.

Cons

Heres a few things I would love to see: - A mobile app & CTA buttons on uploaded files so you can roll your own Bonjoro style tool and greet customers with personalized videos. - Better document analytics - Better options for creating full page screenshots

Rithvik from Open Hardware Days

Industry: Research

Best screenshot app ever

Good service to share details with your team giving design feedback, commenting system is good to discuss the design, great tool to get your tech tutorials more attractive.

Pros

Cloudapp makes it so easy to record your screen. Making gifs is so easy with cloudapp. Just not that they offer tons of storage to save all your recording and screenshots. Commenting system just a charm and so helpful to let my designer know what changes I need on my website. I even use CloudApp on my blog where I write tutorials. This just a great service.

Cons

Never felt anything left just hoping for an android app launch soon.

Shekhor from Biz Brainers

A good screenshot application

I talked with their support and they promptly replied on that and asked me to join their beta testing program so that I can always share my experience about the bugs. I believe they already have fixed bug. Who knows may be some day I will give CloudApp another shot again

Pros

This software is pretty easy to use and does the work pretty neatly. Store the screenshots in the cloud and also shared weekly analytics of those screenshots. Have annotations feature which is also pretty neat.

Cons

At the time I left using this software, they had bug in their screen recording function. From that day I am using another program instead of it.

Parisa from Parisa Consulting

One of the best LTDs I've ever purchased. Great value and functionality.

CloudApp is incredibly useful, user friendly and has become one of my favorite business and productivity apps.

Pros

As a tech enthusiast, CloudApp isn't the most exciting deal I've purchased, but it's actually by far one of the most useful ones. I'm impressed with how intuitive and useful this app is! It's reliable, user-friendly and has really streamlined my workflow.

Cons

I wish video uploads went by more quickly. It does seem to be a bit slower than other apps that do similar things, but this is only periodically, and overall, it's still a fantastic app that's been of great value to my business.

Nicholas from Red Cone Development

Why doesn't every person have this on their computer?

Pros

CloudApp is among the greats of computer utilities. It works flawlessly and looks great. I love how easy it is to annotate a screenshot or record my screen, but the best part is the unlimited online storage of content and the link I can share anywhere.

Cons

Hmm. Sometimes there are some little bugs, but the overall stability has improved a lot recently. I really can't think of anything else as it works so good.

Bryan from Synergy Marketing

This has quickly become one of my favorite apps

Pros

It's incredibly simple to use and extremely fast. It does a great job with screen recording and screenshots, but we have found it to also be an excellent way to share design proofs with our clients. Just drop any large file over the icon in the Mac toolbar and it will automatically copy a sharing link to your clipboard - even if the file hasn't finished uploading. By the time you write up an email and send it, the file is uploaded and the sharing page is active. It is MUCH faster than using Dropbox, Google Drive, or any of the other tools we've used for sharing files. The sharing page is really nice, too. It has a simple feature for our clients to leave comments or annotate the files we've shared. We love this app. It's a huge time saver.

Cons

They have some nice integrations with Trello and Slack, but those aren't tools that we use. Hopefully, they'll add other integrations at some point.

Ranks up there with Slack as a productivity gamechanger

Pros

As far as communication online is concerned, nothing communicated better than visuals. Cloudapp has been a must have for me in communicating with vendors, partners, customers, and my team. The Chrome app really makes it easy to share a website and add annotations, which is how I use it the most.

Cons

There isn't anything to dislike really. Could maybe use a mobile app though.

"CLOUDAPP" THE PERFECT APP FOR STORING YOUR IMPORTANT FILES YOU NEED IT MOST!!!!

STORING THE IMPORTANT PROJECTS AND DATA OF MY WORK

Pros

WE CAN SAVE THE DATA IN THE CLOUD STORAGE AND THE DATA CAN BE STREAMED IN ANY DEVICE LIKE ANDROID, IOS, WINDOWS ETC.

Cons

THE ABILITY TO STREAM THE SAVED FILES IN ANY DEVICES

lily from Ernst & Young

Screen Sharing is Fun With CloudApp

Pros

Just remember one shortcut keys combination to capture your screen (or two if you also want to record your screen), and you are good to go. Anytime you need to share anything on your screen, hit the key combo, and you'll get the link to the image/video ready to share.

Cons

There's no option to capture a window, and you can't pre-set the image/video size.

Great for photo storage

Pros

I’m able to store all of my photos on the cloud app without taking up space on my phone. It is also easy to share photos from the app.

Cons

I ran into no issues while using the cloud app.

Elliot from Mention

CloudApp is an essential part of my work, simple, easy and fast

This help our design team to share visual feedbacks to our developers during the integration process, help us share design work together quickly etc.. It's become an essential tool in our workflow. <3

Pros

- Super efficient - Super convenient - Great features such as the annotations - Possibility to create smaller URL - Slack integration - Gif and now Videos

Cons

The annotation is great but can be improved: --> give us the opportunity to maintain shift to draw a straight line --> Add custom colors --> Maintain shift to draw perfect square or circle

Nigel from ShareThis

I use it many times a day

It makes it super easy to communicate visually with colleagues.

Graham from Prim Short Stays Ltd

My most used app?

Pros

Cons

Occasionally when starting video it misfires and means I have to close and reopen. Not very often tho