• Pros

• "Easy to use and useful for daily work. I love that it's an extension in Chrome. The ease of saving videos in my Google Drive and sharing those links is definitely the biggest advantage."

• "I love that it's an extension in Chrome. The ease of saving videos in my Google Drive and sharing those links is definitely the biggest advantage."

• "I liked the ability use keyboard shortcuts and to do screenshots or videos. The mark up features were useful as well to point things out to clients we send shots to."

• Cons

• "I wish the editing capabilities were a bit more robust. There are some capabilities in the paid version. "

• "Unfortunately, the extension of this brilliant app is limited to the Chrome browser only and is not available for popular browsers like Mozilla Firefox. "

• "Due to fact that they update so often (which is good), it is difficult to keep up. Nothing major really changes, they just keep you on your toes with all the simple updates and changes they make!"

Browse Screencastify Reviews

Russell from FusionSPEDtech

I love Screencastify!

I am extremely pleased with how simple it has been to use Screencastify. I've been able to record screen recordings that can be quickly shared with students and teammates. I love it!

Pros

Screencastify is a phenomenal and easy to use tool for teachers and students! It has so many great features. First, you have the ability to create videos of your screen (with or without your headshot). This can be used to "flip" the classroom, frontload with information, students who are out sick, for small groups that are working on different topics, differentiation, or for centers activities. In a way, this allows you to be more than one place at once! Beyond that, you can add graphics on the screen while recording (including lines, circles, etc.), which can draw attention to certain parts of your presentation for the students. Another great feature is that it links and syncs with your Google Drive. Your videos are automatically stored there, if you use Google Drive. You can then get a link that easily shared with students. Last, I only scratched the surface of all the great stuff about Screencastify, but they also have an awesome certification program you can take to learn more - great customer support!

Cons

To be honest, I have no complaints about Screencastify. I only need the ability to record short videos that can be shared with students or teammates, and Screencastify helps me accomplish that goal. I'm also able to do what I need to do with the free version, but have considered the subscription so that I can get access to more minutes per month. It's a great platform - give it a try!

Kelly A. from Lake Center Christian School

Works well with Google Classroom Integration

I am able to quickly record my screen and it allows you to open other screens without having to add permissions. Also easy to follow with the circle for mouse clicks and highlights. Can imbed webcam at the bottom of the video, or it will disappear once you start showing online actions.

Pros

I enjoy how easy it is to use and how quickly the video is processed. It easily integrates into Google Suite for Education products.

Reasons for Choosing Screencastify

The free version was more robust and could get quickly to using it. Eventually went to paid version for longer screen capture time.

Works just fine. Could use some attention.

Quick way to share video tutorials.

Pros

This is affordable and simple to install solution for screen capture and video sharing. I like to use the software for capturing video tutorials and explanations to accompany my email clarifications. It is conveniently accessible and ultimately does the trick. It is nice to have the options to save or upload and share a link.

Cons

This is not always compatible on mobile. Some time the uploads for videos freeze and must be recorded again. Also, the selection of the screen that you wish to record is sometimes confusing and I have managed to record nothing but my voice. Overall, it does the trick but I wouldn't be able to confidently recommend.

Paul from Alpena Public Schools

Easy, powerful and flexible

We started with the free version (limits to 5 minutes of recording and, I believe, has a water mark). After realizing that showing staff how to do something is more beneficial than creating "how to" documents, we purchased a couple licenses to try it out. From there, more and more staff wanted to use it and we currently sit at 15 licenses that we can "check out" as needed to any of our staff. No regrets in our purchase and our staff love it.

Pros

Very simple to set up and easy to use (even our non-technical staff use it often). Installation is simply adding a Chrome Extension and then assigning a license to an email account. Having the flexible licensing (allowing us to transfer a license from one user to another as needed) is great since recording videos, typically, isn't a daily need. The options are easy to understand allowing the user to share a desktop, browser tab and even show the presenter in-screen on the recording. The addition of drawing tools really enhance the entire package. Cost is low and well worth it.

Cons

Honestly, there is very little to not like about Screencastify. Any issues that we've had have always come down to user error (such as the webcam not being installed or plugged in). I did not rank customer service since we've never had to use them. That, to me, says volumes about how easy the product is to use.

Bryan from Avon Grove Charter School

Great Tool but Pricey for Pro Features

Screencastify is a great, free screen recording program for people looking to get started with making videos.

Pros

Screencastify is simple and intuitive to use. If you are looking to make short screen sharing or presentation videos, it is a great tool. The video quality is high and the integrated browser add-on makes it easy to record quickly.

Cons

The price of pro features, at an organizational level, is a little pricey. Also, only allowing 5 minute video recordings in the free version seems a little short. All you are promoting is users making multiple 5 minute videos as opposed to one long one - still the same end game. Let the user have unlimited recording length and just brand the video for free users.

Luke from CAKE Software INC.

Screencastify Makes Screen Sharing a Breeze

This is an extremely useful tool as a Client Success Manager because it provides the perfect solution when an email would take to long and the issue or solution would not be as easy to describe over a phone call.

Pros

The Screencastify plug-in makes it very easy to quickly record my sceen and download it into a sharable video.

Cons

I have nothing negative to say about this tool

Paula from Topsfield Schools

Screencastify

The super ease of Screencastify has made my lesson more powerful and allows differentiation for students. Not only am I able to give help during the lesson but the recording is available at home as well.

Pros

Screencastify allows me to create How-to Videos and Reminder Videos easily and then share with teachers and students. This enables me to share with students in many easily accessible ways. I love the Google integration.

Cons

The 5 minute limit is perfect for most of my videos. I find it necessary to have careful content planning before recording to have a high level of success that I want.

jeff from sudbury ps

A different way to instruct

As an extension, it's always available and obvious in the upper right-hand corner of my screen so I never forget that it's there. It couldn't be easier, even for digital novices (like I was at one time).

Pros

I love being able to target instruction and directions by creating screen videos I can share with my students. I can differentiate depending on what students need. It's even good to show parents how to use certain tools we use at school. Plus, this can be used to give students a "double-dose" of instruction when they are at home or even provide instruction when I can't be at school.

Cons

I honestly haven't found anything that I haven't liked so far. It's just so easy to use. I guess if I had to nitpick, one has to upgrade for anything more than a 5-minute video, but that hasn't really bothered me.

Great Screencast Tool

Great value, great tool. Makes communicating to remote team much easier on both ends.

Pros

Recording screencasts has made our internal communications and collaboration much more effective. Game changer for a remote team.

Cons

Hard to say anything bad. Maybe the processing times when uploaded to Google Drive (not sure if that is actually Google issue?) could be faster.

Jessica from Edina Public Schools

Lifesaver for ELearning

I am happy using Screencastify, especially during distance learning and during weather related school closures. It makes recording lessons easy and sharing links with families is simple.

Pros

I like the various features to record a tab, whole desktop, or use the web cam. This allows me to vary lessons for students so that it's not constantly a recorded google slide presentation, but can feature me talking, or other tabs as needed. I also like how easy it is to navigate, especially as someone who has never used software like this before.

Cons

The audio can be staticky and broken up at times, even with changing the input. It is not terrible, but at times, audio tends to cut out.

Screencastify is awesome!

I use it mostly to record any procedures or even any task that I want others to get done. I show them step by step on what to do so that there is no room for misunderstandings and everyone is on the same page.

Pros

It is so simple to use. Just download the extension and viola! Whenever you need to record your screen with voice-over just click on the extension, choose your preferences, click record select which tab or screen (if you have multiple screens like I do) and wait for the countdown. And yes, you are able to choose how long you want the countdown to be. Once you hit zero you can start speaking and showing others whatever you want. This is great for tutorials and how-to videos. Once done you just click on the extension button again and select the "stop recording" option and it gets saved automatically to your google drive if you are online and when you are offline it will just save it to your computer. And that is it! I love using it for when I need to explain how I use whatever new software my company is trying to adopt and it helps me record the process so that I don't need to repeat myself when teaching others how to use the new software. I simply record my procedure and send the google drive link to everyone and they can view it wherever they are and whenever they please, repeating it, pausing it and downloading it like any other video. It doesn't take much space and it is very easy to understand on the first go. I recommend it widely.

Cons

You have to use it with chrome only. There is a limit to the length of the videos and you can only record a certain number of videos a month unless if you pay of course. The free version also adds a watermark to the videos but its small and in the corner and you hardly ever notice it.

Nick from Ramapo Indian Hills High School District

Simple and Effective Screencast Tool

I love being able to create flipped lessons for my students and staff with this tool and that it simply saves them to my Google Drive for easy access. This allows me to create lessons around common issues so that students can go back and watch them whenever they need to. This frees me up to spend more time conferencing with other students.

Pros

The best feature is that Screencastify is a Google extension that can record right from your web browser and then save directly to your Google Drive. This is great because it is very simple to share it out or give someone access to this recording. I also like that you are able to screen share as well as add your own image/picture in picture to this. This is great when you are creating flipped videos and lesson for students. Everything is pretty simple to use and quick.

Cons

One big hiccup is the fact that it only saves to a specified file type to your Google Drive. This is a problem if you want to upload this file to another program, or download and send as an attachment. I was able to find that there is a Google Drive add-on that is able to read video files and convert as needed. Also- under the free version you are limited to any editing tools, as well as time limit. I don't usually go over 10 minutes so this is fine, but you'll need the premium if you want longer videos.

David from Platinum Apps

Amazing product - highly recommended!

The ability to quickly and easily capture screen recordings on my Chromebook and share them via Google Drive.

Pros

Easy to use, automatically uploads to Google Drive and creates a sharing link with 1 click, allows cropping duration or part of screen, selecting to record tab or whole screen, audio from tab, user or off. I've tried lots of other screencasting offerings and this is by far the best I've used. Soon after purchase I got in touch with some questions about how to do a couple of things and they were prompt and polite and answered everything. Seriously, this software is amazing and I use it most days and love it!

Response from Screencastify

Replied June 2017

David, Thank you so much for your kind words. I'm really glad to hear about your positive experience. Please do reach out if you have questions or more feature requests in the future! James

Shane from Greenville County Schools

Just keeps getting better...

I use it for quick tutorial for teachers, reflections for students, recording directions. It's great for screen recording or making presentations with audio!

Pros

I've been using this product for about 2 years and it just keeps getting better! First off, the free version is great! What you get for nothing is hard to beat. The ability to quickly screen record a lesson, tutorial, etc. is awesome. And it's so simple to use. I also love that it links seamlessly with my Google Drive and other social media platforms. They are constantly providing helpful updates, as well. Plus, their customer service and help site is very helpful.

Mary from Interviewed

I love that it can easily capture and store videos on google drive.

It's helps increase my productivity and communication between myself and my accounts.

Pros

Cons

The UI feels clunky at times. It is sometimes slow to start and while I understand that may just be my connection, the lack of an offline option is also a drawback.

Response from Screencastify

Replied June 2017

Hey Mary, thanks so much for your review! We truly appreciate it. One quick note - Screencastify does work offline (though of course you won't be able to save to your Google Drive until you go back online). So even if you're offline, just click record and everything should work fine - though again the video will only save locally until you go back online. Please let me know if you have any questions or trouble recording offline. Thanks again! James

Bryan from PrestoSports

I used this to make screenshots/videos

Pros

Cons

I found that my library would get fill rather quickly and that many times we would have to remove old shots in order to take an share new ones. Sometimes when that happens the old videos we had shared were cut off and no longer visible.

Erin from CIP

Acceptable Free Trial

Pros

I use the free trial version. What I like most about this extension is that it automatically uploads my videos to Drive once I am done recording! It is super easy to just quickly record a bunch of videos and find them exactly where I need them afterward. I love that it captures the screen I am using and I can narrate while moving around and moving between tabs. The audio is clear.

Cons

I use the free trial so I only have 50 videos to record every month, and if you need to re-record, it goes quick! Sometimes the videos take a long time to process in my drive and I will have to come back the next day if I want to do anything with them. I wish a popup would come up on the screen with a stop button. because going back up to hit the stop button sometimes adds unwanted sound and seconds to my videos.

Jason from Assurance Healthcare & Counseling Center

If you email daily, you should consider Screencastify!

I use Screencastify to record short (between :30 second and 10 minute) videos for either marketing use, instructional use, or simply to reply in a personal way to an email from a friend, customer, or potential client. I use this weekly, and in certain seasons, daily. I love it!

Pros

I love the ease of use of this software. It's a simple Chrome plugin that you click, select what you want to record, and begin recording. Having it save automatically to either Google Drive or YouTube is amazing, and I love that I don't have to spend time uploading or fussing with editing. I simply love this software.

Cons

For what I expect it to do, I literally cannot find anything I wish more about this software.

Kiran from Charlotte Cafe Pvt. Ltd.

Industry: Restaurants

Screen Sharing Tools For Our Team

In a round-up, our team has been able to get training and share presentations remotely with Screencastify with convenience.

Pros

The remarkable thing is, this application can be added on the chrome browser through its extension and easily share live screen among team members for training and presentation purposes.

Mike from mHelpDesk

MOST helpful

Pros

This is one of the most helpful and useful tools you can add to your computer. It has allowed us to create and share recordings with ease.

Cons

No cons, this program is easy to use and does a great job.

Marta from UC Davis GSM

Wonderful tool for sharing what is seen over several clicks without needing a screen share meeting!

I use this tool so much in my job. It helps with how the world does business today, which is not always face-to-face. It is a definite time saver as well.

Pros

I can capture several steps I take in a short video and share this with my support team who happens to be in a different time zone. This is often much more handy than taking multiply screenshots or scheduling a meeting. It speeds up the process of getting answers and moving forward.

Cons

I often record a video using the quick launch buttons only to later realize that I wasn't logged in to my account; I have to re-record my session.

Valentina from Information Technology and Services

Very Usefull!

Makes my daily work easier

Pros

Cons

No cons about screencastify. Perhaps it is sometimes slow to start and doesn't work if you don't grant permissions for webcam and microphone access.

Abby from EdChoice

Industry: Think Tanks

Great for User Support

Screencastify has dramatically cut down the time it takes for me to create user tutorials for supporting my users in various capacities. It's a great tool and a good value for the money.

Pros

I administer our nonprofit's database system. As an admin, a big portion of my job is ongoing user training. I used to build user manuals with tons of screenshots, which takes approximately forever. Now, I use Screencastify to do actual screenshare videos of the processes that I need to compile into user manuals. I also use it on a one-off basis to share processes with users if they're having trouble with something specific. The users love it, and it makes my job loads easier.

Cons

It does take a while to download the videos, but it's not that big of a deal.

Crystal from Surety Solutions, LLC

Praise for Screencastify!

Pros

I use the Chrome extension. I use the free version. The free version only lets you record for up to 10 minutes I think, but that is enough for me. It is intuitive, clean, and I love how all my videos instantly have a shareable link as soon as I'm done recording. You can record a single tab or your entire screen. Easiest thing out there. Other stuff requires downloads or there is a big learning curve. Not with Screencastify. I'm so happy I found it and so are our website developers! Explaining what we are experiencing (issues, bugs, etc) is super easy.

Cons

No cons. I'm so glad I found Screencastify. It has made my business life so much easier. I'm glad the free version gets the job done.

Lauren from TVUSD

Screencastify Review

I use this to teach a lesson, submit work, and make short videos.

Pros

This is one of my favorite softwares. It is so simple to use and easy. I am not a tech person, by any means, and this makes me feel like I know what I am doing. After watching a short clip video on how it worked, I was able to do it no problem. I love how I can make a powerpoint, show it, then have my voice in the background. It is so nice and just very convenient. Or if I need to switch between my face and the powerpoint I can do that.

Cons

I do not like that I cannot go back and fix a mistake if I make one. I have do the whole thing over again. That is the only annoying problem I have with this.

Walkthrough videos made easy!

We use Screencastify for our training videos. This makes onboarding new users easier as they have a easy to watch reference that they can refer back to. It also makes it easy to record a new video for when a new proceedure develops. It can be recorded once and sent out to everyone in the company for review.

Pros

Screencastify is really easy to set up and start making high-quality training videos. Since its a chrome extension it can work on any major OS including Windows, Mac, and Crome OS. You can record offline and easily store your videos via Google Drive or on youtube.com.

Cons

Screencastify does not have an option to embed custom watermark at this time.

Valerie from Carver Elementary

Saving Me From Stress

Screencastify has helped lower my stress level at this time having to teach from home. In just a few days, I have many videos to share with my students.

Pros

I like that it is easy to use. Also, due to having to teach from home, the company has given us access to the ultimate version due to teachers having to teach at home.

Cons

So far, since I have only been using for a few days, I have not come across cons. It has been amazing.

Ruyen from Cold Hole

Screencastify Review

Using the product was very helpful. Recording tutorials made easy with tools accessible on the side. Thanks a lot, Screencastify.

Pros

The good thing about Screencastify was it easy to learn the basics of operation using the product. And at ease, videos recorded can be uploaded directly to YouTube. With features of having the webcam embedded.

Guy from GG Fit Ltd

Screencastify is great for quick screen grabs and demo videos

Recording demo videos or software tutorials quickly and cheaply

Pros

Simple user interface, ability to quickly and easily record screen, chrome tab, and/or video to put together quick demos or presentations. Upload automatically to youtube or google drive

Cons

Sometimes a bit clunky if you restart the recording a few times, and can lose the inset video, but keyboard shortcuts can get around this.

Screencastify is a free, helpful tool I use for my HR demos

Using the free version is good enough for my needs.

Pros

The free version works for our needs Very easy to use (intuitive) Convenient for short video presentations/recording

Cons

The solution is great but it would be better to have pricing for non-for-profit organizations. The Let's talk school pricing is a little intimidated to approach. As mentioned, I use this tool probably 5 times per year.

Lopaze from Dudley Media Group

Excellent software for beginners

Great software for the money...

Pros

Screencast is a digital recording of computer screen output, also known as a video screen capture, often containing audio narration. There's a free version.

Cons

Saves recordings to WMV only and no webcam recording. You have to buy pro account to really get the features and benefits of software.

The best screen recorder I've used

I use Screencastify in my small IT services business and freelancing doing user testing. It's perfect for recording instructional videos for clients and submitting user tests that involve screen recordings.

Pros

It has a lovely, intuitive UX. Most screen recorders are pretty simple, but this is another level of simplicity and elegance. I love the way it looks and love using it.

Cons

I honestly can't think of any big cons. It's hard to complain when the software is this well-designed and free to use!

CHRISTOPHE from Yooz Inc.

Very useful

Pros

Very useful to record your screen, videos or virtual events such as webinars.

Cons

Sometimes it's not very easy to use and it's better to try it before an event

Tiny app but huge benefits

Quick capture, share, post.

Pros

Super easy to calorie you screens with audio and video. Easy to integrate with YouTube and Google drive

Cons

Some times the capture crashes. Its not frequent or annoying but happened to me twice in one year. Can have some provision to capture the error log in such cases

Bonnie from Wilson County Schools

Screencastify Delivers

I have little experience because I am new to this. I am planning on recording read aloud to my kids and delivering lessons.

Pros

This software is VERY userfriendly, even veteran teachers (aka old) can use Screencastify easily. Their online tutorials are easy to follow and get you up and running in no time.

Cons

This isn't currently an issue due to the company giving all teachers access to their paid features for the time being, but I don't know if I will purchase them after the time is up. I may feel that they are essential after use. If I do I will pay. I don't like tons of ads that pop up and disrupt my use do maybe this is the lesser of 2 evils.

ayush from Kaivalya Education Foundation

easy way to record your desktop screen

Pros

does not require big size to operate on the desktop. Simply we can use it by adding it with chrome browser. It can simply record our entire desktop screen or we can select browser screen to record. It can record voice as well. Simple and secured with google logins so that you don't have to worry about losing data. It also has the option to save video directly to the google drive. It allows a user to record up to 10 minutes video each time. for more duration videos you have to purchase the application.

Cons

Nothing to dislike about the application functions but it should contain a simple or basic video editor in it. it will help the user to work more efficiently on the screencastify.

Sarah from Anderson District One

Screencastify in Education

I have been very pleased with Screencastify! I used Screencastify to record my Google Trainer application video and it turned out very professional looking!

Pros

I am a premium user of Screencastify. It is the perfect tool to create screencasts that I want to share with my K-12 teachers.

Cons

Many of my teachers use the free version. The recent changes make it hard for teachers to use the free version due to the time constraint.

Abby from Toys for Trucks

Screencastify is a great program for those who need to share their screens in video format.

Being able to share my screen with anyone using an intuitive program has been very helpful.

Pros

I love this program because not only is it easy and intuitive to use, but it allows you to do just what it says it will - share your screen using video. The interface is clean and easy to learn, while also allowing you to create professional and lag-free videos to share with whoever you need to share them with.

Jonathan from Faith Lutheran High School

Great for Education too!

This has been a great product for us and our classes!

Pros

We really enjoy using Screencastify in our computer classes and many of our other classes! It is a great tool to share and record the students screen!

Cons

The free version is nice, but the editing part of the program is only for paying customers. It would be nice if there was a way to have some edits.

Marc from Martrends

Screencasting made easy

Pros

It's super easy to use. You can store your videos straight to Google Drive. You can crop the videos after you have finished recording.

Cons

The video editor does not have a lot of features. I find missing a "Merge" functionality, to combine several screencasts. Also, a plugin for other browsers -it currently supports Chrome- would be useful.

Callie from Capstone Education Group

Screencastify During Distance Learning

Screencastify has significantly helped making distance learning more convenient to prep for and was easy to learn to use.

Pros

Screencastify has allowed me to record mini lessons to send to my students during Corona Virus Distance Learning where they can see me annotating the text we are reading AND see me so that the video is a little more personal. It is very easy to set up and to have it upload directly to my teacher youtube account.

Cons

Before purchasing screencastify, some of the limitations (such as only be able to record 5 min videos) were annoying. However, it was such a helpful tool that I convinced our school to pay for an account and now I have unlimited time, uploads, and edits!

Lily from Pink Iguana Services

Great for how to videos.

Pros

It is easy to use, the video quality is pretty good, and the files are automatically saved to Google Drive, which makes the files easy to find.

Cons

The editing features could use some improvement, so that you don't have to re-record everything over and over. The ability to save different file types would also be helpful.

Billy from Legal GPS

Great for Demos and recording tutorials

It has been a great experience. I’ve created dozens of demos and tutorials and I’ll continue to use this app. Also the price is very low and a great value for me.

Pros

I like the ease of use and versatility. The tools are very to use when recording and the go right to my google drive ready to go.

Cons

The editing options are somewhat limited

Abhinav from To The New

Great tool for screen recording independent of the OS.

Pros

The tool provides a light and easy to customise plugin for chrome browser which can be used for recoding audio and video, the quality of the recording is very good.

Cons

A direct download for the recoding is not available and the time cap on recording length is also problematic.

Don from William S Hart Union High School District

Screencastify

I enjoy using the free version of Screencastify. It is easy to use and saved me a lot of headaches because I do not have to repeat directions multiple times anymore.

Pros

I really like how easy it is to record your computer screen. I use it to make tutorials for other teachers and my students so that they can easily see how to complete a task

Cons

The free version only allows you to save your files in one format. Also, unless you know the hot keys, stopping a recording can be a little tricky.

Nolan from St. Johns

Great Chrome Add On

Having the ability to chose what is shown, use or not use webcam, etc. was awesome. I've used other programs where there wasn't an option to add or subtract like this. The countdown and timers on screen were extremely helpful for making the video usable for everyone and run on time.

Pros

This free add on to Chrome was awesome. We utilized it first within our Athletic Directors group to discuss alternate scheduling options for changing sports seasons. I love that it isn't an additional program, but an add on to the browser to not have to add yet another thing to the computer.

Cons

The interface was rather simplistic with not a lot of bells and whistles, but really is all that is necessary.

Matthias from Compaan

Finally screencapturing done right

Problems solved just by sending a little 'follow me'

Pros

I love using this to screencapture little guides, it's easier to follow than a written paper. For me the 10 minutes are enough for now, I even tend to split it up in multiple parts. The biggest plus for me is the ease of use.. nothing beats that

Cons

The pricing for our organisation is a little on the high side. We can't afford to get the paid version as of yet.

Very simple video management tool

Pros

I liked how simple the product is. You have your extension in your browser, and very quickly you can be recording videos.

Cons

The file management is brutal. If you have many videos they will get lost easily in your drive.

Lisa from Know & Grow English

Great way to create a voiceover video

No problems that I can think of. I finished my project in record time and had professional results.

Pros

I thought that Screencastify did the job well. I needed a way to record my screen as I went through a PowerPoint presentation and it did great.

Cons

There was a little learning curve, but that's to be expected. I thought it was really useful and am continuing to use it.

Kirk from CAPUSD

I love Screencastify!

Pros

There are so many great features of Screencastify. I love how you can record video and use it for video tutorials. My student love watching and learning from my Screencastify video tutorials that I create. It's so easy to use!

Cons

There are not any Cons for using Screencastify. It's pretty easy to use and I recommend it to all of my co-workers.