• Pros

• "The customer service is great, and I love how easy it is to send a text out to various lists in our congregation. The integration with PCO is also fantastic "

• "Cost is very budget-friendly for the church. Customer support is fast, friendly, and helpful! It is a fairly easy-to-use system (especially in comparison to comparable systems)."

• "It's very consistent - 100% i love the chat window with a live rep for troubleshooting. "

• Cons

• "Sometimes our desired keywords aren’t available, but we have been able to find workable alternatives each time."

• "I have not found anything yet that is a TRUE Con.... I do wish we had more keywords to the basic account but that is a wish not a con. "

• "Sometimes you need to manually refresh sync to your Planning Center lists after updating. A "refresh now" button would be great."

Browse Clearstream Reviews

Jeff from Yellowhammer Coffee

Does exactly what I need it to do in a simple, very fast way.

Instant communication and increased sales.

Pros

Running a coffee truck I need to bypass HR and speak straight to potential buyers in office buildings and areas we visit. Social media is great but has very little organic reach, so, I set up customized keywords for places I visit often, letting my customers opt into places they want to be notified about and it's as simple as sending a text straight to their cell phone. Clearstream is fast, robust, and I do everything from my cell phone with their mobile app. Their support is almost instant so if I ever hit any roadblocks it's immediately taken care of. Seriously consider them for mass communication needs, I think you'll be very happy.

William from Mount Calvary Baptist Church

Great, but be prepared to work

Overall, it has been worth the cost. We are engaging with more people and getting decent results.

Pros

The features are great. I like the ability to mass text but have people reply one-on-one. Also, I like the integration with Planning Center People. I can mass text to everyone in a Bible study or all of our teachers. The new branching feature is wonderful.

Cons

There are so many features that it took me a while to understand how I can best use them. Information about "best practices" would have been a big help. For example, I could have used some help on the best strategy for following up with visitors. The training videos were good at using the features, but I needed more examples of how to combine the features to get the best results. As a result, it was a little more work than I expected to get it up and run the way I wanted.

Reasons for Choosing Clearstream

(1) Integration with Planning Center People and Mailchimp, (2) shortcode keywords, (3) longcode backup sending, and (4) no contract.

Crystal from Providence City Church

Amazing

Just wonderful.....I have yet to experience anything bad. The customer service is efficient and they explain things beautifully.

Pros

It's hard to pick just one thing we like about Clearstream. It is easy to use, simple to understand set up, and customer service is simply amazing!

Cons

Having to purchase credits. Wish there was simply a monthly fee to pay.

Reasons for Switching to Clearstream

The other one just wasn't user friendly or great for our needs.

Response from Clearstream

Replied March 2021

Hey Crystal, Thanks so much for taking the time to review us! We're so glad Clearstream has been a great fit overall. I wanted to let you know, you can also be on a Monthly Plan with Clearstream instead of purchasing batches of credits. We're happy to help get this set up if you'd like. Thanks again for taking the time to review us! We really appreciate it. :) Thanks,

Mindy from Macquarie Life Church

Clearstream early user

Good ease of use, but costly for Australian customers, limited length on messages can cause frustrations, and credits don't rollover.

Pros

The software and web portal are vey easy to use, and it integrates well with our other database system.

Cons

The limited characters make sending longer text messages a big problem for us. The cost of use is also expensive in Australian, and as we can't rollover credits to the next month, this is a big hit for us to loose any credits.

Reasons for Switching to Clearstream

Integration with our new database

Response from Clearstream

Replied January 2021

Hey Mindy, Thanks for taking the time to review us! It's great to hear your feedback. Unfortunately, the cost of texting in Australia is significantly higher than in the U.S. We're glad to hear that Clearstream has integrated well with your other database, and hope it continues to be easy to use. If there's anything else we can help with, feel free to reach out to our Customer Support team! Thanks,

Nikole from UPC of Highland Village

Best texting tool

Customer service is quick and easy; we have not had any problems.

Pros

We use Clearstream with Planning Center Online. This makes texting easy to use based on our current church management system; we won't lose contact data and we can start workflows to keep people connected and not fall through the cracks. Texting is reliable, VERY easy to use, and the scheduling aspect makes the use of the user's time more efficient.

Cons

It would be awesome if Clearstream would integrate with Giving/Contribution platforms. Most giving platforms have very poor texting ability, and are limited. If Clearstream could integrate, then people could text through a more reliable and easy to use platform, i.e. Clearstream.

Reasons for Choosing Clearstream

We only wanted texting, not email. So we went with more bang for our buck.

Reasons for Switching to Clearstream

Needed reliability of texts going out, and the ability for people to reply to a text message

Samantha from Victory of the Lamb

Great Value, Great Support

ClearStream has allowed us to easily and quickly follow up with guests and communicate with our congregation via text and build our lists with easy-to-use forms.

Pros

Cons

It does not integrate as well to our ChMS as we would like, but that is not due to ClearStream’s issues (CCB is inherently difficult to integrate with anything else.)

Reasons for Choosing Clearstream

It was way more intuitive (I tried a free version of Text in Church and was baffled), and the product demo for ClearStream sold me immediately.

Greg from Foundry Church

A game changer in our communication!

We have been using Clearstream for a few months now and we will never go back! Our people are receiving consistent communication and I am able to track new users and add them to specific lists, based on how and when I need to communicate with which groups. It is so easy and so awesome!

Pros

This software is so user friendly and customizable for your needs.

Cons

The only con of this software is that a long text takes up 2 credits. It has a pretty short allowance for one credit so most of our messages are taking 2 credits.

Reasons for Choosing Clearstream

Clearstream ended up giving me a month long free trial so we could really get under the hood and check things out. That level of customer service is exactly what I look for before settling in with someone.

Isaac from Hickory Ridge Church

Clearstream Review

Great

Pros

UI. Customer Service. Tutorials and guides.

Cons

Missing features, mostly concerning easily finding who opted out

Reasons for Choosing Clearstream

Better customer service/set-up process. Unobtrusive and non-spammy follow up from the company.

Response from Clearstream

Replied February 2021

Hey Isaac, Thanks for taking the time to review us! It's great to hear your feedback. Regarding the missing features, if you're ever needing to see who's opted out of your account, you can view this by going to the Subscribers page > View All > Filter > Opted-Out. If there's anything else we can help with, feel free to reach out to our Customer Support team!

Brett from Faith Baptist Church

Great asset to ministry during COVID-19

Exceptional. Customer service has been outstanding all throughout the process. I was contacted by a representative as we were learning about this software and I've continued communication as questions have come up while using it. The ease of using this software is much appreciated. It's been a great tool to equip other ministry leaders with. We love Clearstream!

Pros

The integration with Planning Center was a big selling point for us in deciding text services. The ease of function between the two platforms has been an amazing blessing. Little did we know how pivotal the timing would be now that COVID has required us to communicate digitally.

Cons

I wish you would not be charged two credits after 160 characters. It would be better if any messages under 320 characters were simply charged as one credit.

Reasons for Choosing Clearstream

More bang for the buck and easy integration with Planning Center.

Jolita from LifePoint Church

Integrates well with Planning Center

Pros

Planning Center integration is fast and intuitive. App is easy to use. Love the sub-account feature to allow for different departments to use it

Cons

A few things I'd like to see are the ability to see a subscriber's entire text thread (sometimes they reply to a text but I can't see the text they are replying to) and the ability to set up a recurring text.

Poor integration with Planning Center; poor customer service

Carlos from Eastland Baptist Church

Carlos's Review

Pros

I enjoy the way it integrates with our current church database. It makes it easy to text the individuals that I want to text.

Cons

I enjoy most of the features. I wish there was the ability to send emails. It would make things easier to have a workflow where I can send both text and emails.

Reasons for Choosing Clearstream

Overall it came down to price and some good reviews I saw on a Church Manager's Facebook group

Jen from Riverside Church

New to Clearstream & Loving it!

Overall, it's been effective, user intuitive & and an amazing resource for our teams - I'm excited now that we're through the Christmas season - to get some of our other departments on board, because I think it will be a great ministry tool for us to use church-wide.

Pros

We are still fairly new to Clearstream & we are loving it! What I love most is that is is so easy to use - our volunteers & even our least "tech-savvy" team members have been so impressed at how easy it was to learn & integrate into our current workflows. The customer service has been fabulous as well - quick response times to the simplest & most complex questions - that what a significant factor for us when we were choosing which platform would be the best fit for us. It's also been a huge benefit to us to have sub-accounts & multiple users/Admin per sub-account - this was unique to Clearstream & has been even easier to navigate than we had anticipated.

Cons

With any software there is certainly a "wish" factor. So not necessarily what I don't like - but what I would love to see added. One of the only things that CS did not have that some other texting software offered was the option to have email integrations in workflows - which we had had previously with Text in Church & it was one of the only disappointments when we decided to switch over - because our previously established workflows had included this feature. I think that the features we would love to see integrated would be for more friendly "workflows" with our CCB groups rather than via keyword. It would also be amazing if we could somehow pull specific people from an existing CCB group/subscriber list without creating a new one (if that makes sense). i.e. we have a Guest Services Volunteer Group that we have created weekly messages for - but if there were a way to checkmark specific people (those who were scheduled for a particular week) from with an existing list/subscribers - rather than having to type them all in individually. In an ideal world we would have two-way integration with CCB :) Also - I'm not sure what the answer would be, but we have a team of 20+ people managing our prayer request inbox & for the most part it has gone remarkably well. The only thing that got a bit muddled was that the only way to remove a text stream from the inbox was to archive it - thought maybe a "flag" or "note" function could be helpful for us to follow up.

Reasons for Choosing Clearstream

My answer here is similar to the one above -We needed multiple users on multiple accounts & a way for us to manage large text pushes to our congregation & to have teams manage personal responses to those texts. Clearstream made navigating muti-account/multi-keyword/multi-users simple & user friendly. Something we didn't find when looking at your competitors. We needed a product that volunteers would be comfortable learning and using - having Admin/Editor features was a big deal for us, since we wanted church volunteers to be able to use the software, but wanted limited access to our church database. Customer Service! - as I was doing research & working with various companies, I documented the response time to my questions - Clearstream blew the competition away! Seriously, no one else was even close.

Reasons for Switching to Clearstream

We were looking for a texting platform that enabled us to have multiple users on multiple accounts - a way for us to manage large text pushes to our congregation & to have teams manage personal responses to those texts. We were also looking for a product that volunteers would be comfortable learning and using. I am new to my position at Riverside & my first assignment was to assess our texting platforms & find the best fit. I knew NOTHING about texting software when I started - after 2 months of research, Clearstream came out FAR above the rest. The quick response from your Customer Service team to the plethora of questions I sent their way was phenomenal, and gave a newbie like me the confidence to communicate well with our staff & administration as we walked through the decision making process & also gave me confidence as we moved forward - knowing that if we ran into a snag or question along the way, there were answers just a quick message away. The texting speed was also a strong consideration for us, texts through our previous software was considerably slower - which meant it could take as long as 10-15 minutes to send out a churchwide text. Cost was also a consideration - and Clearstream was very competitive! Once we are completely switched over we estimate that we will be saving $28/month - which was a pleasant surprise.

Charity from LifeWay Church

Awesome System To Use

Our experience with Clearstream has been great. The customer service has been top notch. I chose Clearstream because it had the main features we wanted, the ease of sending and responding to messages from the app that has made this most convenient to use. Clearstream was quick to answer my questions and even give us a little more access to the system to try things while we were still deciding between software.

Pros

I've been looking at and using Clearstream for a little over a month now. We were comparing it with two other pieces of software that were all in a similar price range for our usage. Clearstream was the easiest to use, to set up, and to get help with when I had random questions. While there are a few features I'd love to see added, I'm not at all sorry we chose Clearstream.

Cons

It does not integrate with our church's software for record keeping. We knew that going into it, and still chose to use it because that was minor in comparison to the features we wanted. I'd love to see the ability to set more permission for users (only access to certain lists) and for admins (to set up subscribers on lists on multiple sub accounts). I'd also like to be able to insert date (first name) from the app and not just the website.

Reasons for Choosing Clearstream

Great customer service! Ease of use for the non tech people. Not pushy in emails/texts during the comparison period. We also were upgraded to the basic plan to be able to test what we wanted the system to do in order to make our decision.

Reasons for Switching to Clearstream

Initially we wanted the use of keywords. But having the app to be able to respond to texts more easily was a big selling point. Also, Clearstream was easy for even our technology impaired staff to be able to use.

Jon from Sagebrush Church

Great software, however I would like to see some additional features.

The automation that Clearstream has allowed for texting and integration into PCO has been great. We have cut a ton of manual data entry from our process. Also the linking of PCO lists for texting groups has made centralization of our database so much easier.

Pros

Very simple, clean interface. Easy to integrate lists from PCO. Easy and concise keyword workflow. Being able to track opt-ins vs interactions with a link is great.

Cons

The administrative functions are lacking, it would be nice to have multiple admins that would have access to all subaccounts created, instead of creating a user and inviting the new user to each subaccount, then having to add that user to a subaccount as they are added. The owner account is great, but the ability to only have one makes distributed administration and security difficult. Also being able to see a general log of what is happening would be nice. IE which administrator added/deleted someone, who created subaccounts, etc. It would be really nice to be able to see which user under a department created and sent a message. All that I know now is that someone inside the department created a message. I can then see who if someone follows up in the inbox thread, but there is no record of who started the text. It would be nice to be able to see who has opted out from a subscriber list, even if they cant be re-added. Currently we have to compare a PCO list to the subscriber list to see who is missing. Finally it would be AMAZING to have texting integration inside PCO. I imagine this is probably more of an issue with PCO than with you, but to have the texting integrated the same way that PCO has email integrated would be priceless.

Sally from Xceleration church

Better scheduling options

Customer service was able to help me get some things worked out this morning. I just think BIG buttons for dummies would make it easier for us non-tech people - but the chat box with a tech was really awesome to get things straightened out after I scheduled about 3 weeks text blasts in advance and they were all scheduled an hour earlier because i was in florida when i scheduled them.

Pros

Cons

It is very difficult to schedule daily text blasts from the app on my phone. You have to use memory to schedule the days - there's no list of what's been scheduled so sometimes they get double scheduled or skipped. Id like the app to be more user friendly so i can do things on the run.

Reasons for Choosing Clearstream

someone on my staff found it for us

Response from Clearstream

Replied March 2021

Hey, Sally! Thanks so much for taking the time to review Clearstream!! We really appreciate it, and are so glad it is working well for you overall! Regarding Scheduled Messages, you can see any scheduled messages from the Messages page when logged in on the desktop or when using the Mobile app. On the Mobile app, any scheduled messages will come to the top of the Messages tab, and show a green dot, letting you know the message is scheduled out, but hasn't been sent yet. If you have any questions at all on this, or if there's anything else we can help with, feel free to reach out to our support team. We'd love to help! Thanks,

Jared from Lake Tapps Christian Church

Simply the best option

Pros

The interface is clean, beautiful, modern, and user-friendly. I've used 2 other competitors to Clearstream and they are both inferior in terms of look, function, user-friendliness, and support.

Cons

Difficult to get a simple keyword due to the fact that many of Clearstream's customers are non-profits and churches, and they all want the same keyword and Clearstream only offers 1 short code for the average customer.

Reasons for Choosing Clearstream

Clearstream's price seemed lower when comparing plans (credits & keywords). It also seemed newer and more advanced. I love the integration with Planning Center. Text In Church seems to be recommended more often within the circles I am in, but I do not think it is superior in any way. It (Text in Church) actually seems slightly dated and TOO niche for churches, thus limiting its capabilities for more creative uses.

Reasons for Switching to Clearstream

Changed organizations and was able to shop for the best option. Express Text seemed dated and lacked certain functions (like texting pictures) and integrations (Planning Center).

Shon from Pinedale Christian Church

To be clear……you need Clearstream

We've got no complaints with Clearstream. Their customer service has been spectacular. We've only had one time where it took them an extended amount of time to reply. Apparently when a hurricane destroys the city your corporate office is in, it gives you a reason to not be open. (grin, smirk, wink) But seriously, great experience.

Pros

It is so simple to learn, to use, to implement. The integration with our CMS makes it even more versatile.

Cons

I hate having to pay a ton of money to be able to text. But now that the FCA has changed rules on texting, and now that all texting services have to charge more, it turns out to be the best bang for the buck.

Reasons for Choosing Clearstream

Duh, Clearstream is hands down the best.

Reasons for Switching to Clearstream

Price, platform, performance, people.

Dan from North Platte Berean Church

Great option for text message communications connected to PCO

Pros

I like that it integrates with Planning Center Online's People app. I like that it enables us to send and receive text messages based on PCO People Lists. I love that it lets us have an incoming longcode for people to be able to send us text messages. And the chat-based (and email-based when that's not available) customer service has been an outstanding support for us.

Cons

Switching between the main account and subaccounts is a bit confusing. Especially since I'm managing things more than using them, it's confusing and kind of a pain trying to manage the multiple accounts, where I'm viewing the account settings, and then I have to switch to the subaccount, but then I have to click on manage those account settings again (instead of being taken straight to the account settings since that's already where I am)…it'd be nice if those settings were just another tab down the left side or something…

Reasons for Choosing Clearstream

Pricing with Clearstream is easy to understand and I think is probably both our highest-quality and least-expensive option (and usually those don't go together!), given our particular needs.

Chris from Christ Community Church

Transition to Clearstream

Great

Pros

I appreciated the fact that we could create sub account that allowed us to manage the entire organization in one cost efficient provider that easily allowed our organization to leverage quantity to reduce overall costs. I also like that after a congregant signs up for text interactions with us we can schedule additional texts to be sent to them automatically at timed intervals. This allows us to set up texting programs that distributes information in amounts that are easier to consume.

Cons

The whole experience has been pain free.

Reasons for Choosing Clearstream

we engaged a consultant to help us understand the best practices of PCO. He said that either texting package would serve our needs but his church uses Clearstream. That is what drove the choice.

integration with PCO.

Alan from Refinery Church

Great Software, even better Team

Definitely helps with communicating to the congregation on a more personal level.

Pros

Love the simplicity of the software and real-time updates. The deliverability guarantee with long-codes is a big win.

Cons

I think the one con is you can't have scheduled integration/list updates. I'd love for a List to automatically refresh before a scheduled automated text is scheduled to go out.

Ryan from Heartland Community Church

Heartland Pride Review

It's been good, i've used it now at two different churches. I like it a lot but it is more on the expensive side.

Pros

The reliability and user friendliness! I also like the different keywords and the amazing customer service!

Cons

I wish you could see the numbers when they unsubscribe and also the price is a bit expensive.

Reasons for Choosing Clearstream

They were not on the top ten texting service that I found on google but since I have used them before and because the amazing customer service, this was the main reason I returned and even chose Clearstream over cheaper or better priced companies.

Reasons for Switching to Clearstream

Tatango raised their prices and a new co-worker who was hired recommended Clearstream.

Andy from NewSpring Church - Wichita, KS

Clearstream has provided NewSpring with effective mass texting functionality at a reasonable price

Clearstream helps our Church communicate with volunteers, group leaders, and people that are looking to get more involved at NewSpring. The keyword functionality paired with mass and individual messaging has been very helpful.

Pros

The ability for an entire team to utilize it from a central hub. Keyword functionality mixed with the ability to text individuals and groups is excellent. The pricing for this service is more reasonable than the mass texting service we were previously using. The integration with Planning Center is helpful as PCO is our database system. Overall, this has been a very effective tool for our church, and we are looking forward to seeing how the continued updates to the software will make communication and organization that much better.

Cons

The software has many pros for our organization. A few areas where we have struggled are that the inbox does not tie the response to the original message. Also, with multiple users on the same account, we would like to be able to filter messages and responses by who from our team sent them. A greater ability to filter or tag messages and responses would help us organize things more effectively. Lastly, when sending a message, you have the ability to shorten a URL, however, that feature is not available when responding to a text from the inbox. These are features that we hope are in the works

Melissa from Mt. Vale Church

User Friendly

Staying more connected with our congregation. The previous text messaging system we used, was always giving us problems and had a lot of limitations on what we could do so we have been able to send more messages than before. This has especially been helpful during this COVID-19 crisis we are under.

Pros

1) Integration with Planning Center, 2) Easy to access - I can easily access via the app on my iPhone or iPad or even on the web. 3) Ability to change the Header on each text 4) Being able to schedule a different date and time for message to be sent 5) I think it will be easy to train my backup on how to use us - she is more technically challenged than I am so the easier and simpler the steps to send a text the better. 6) I'm still learning the in's and out's and features but so far I'm loving it.

Cons

1) It would be nice to have a feature where you can send a text to both a LIST and pick Subcribers at the same time. Sometimes I need to send out a text to a list but I also need to add a few people that normally would not be included on the list. Since I can't add them on Clearstream I have to go back and add them to my Planning Center List then sync it then I can send out the text then go back to Planning Center, delete those names and sync again or I have to send a 2nd text to those additional people. Either way I'm having to back track or do double work. 2) This may already be a feature and I just haven't found it yet...it would be nice to be able to save a template for certain texts that we repeatedly send out.

Price and Integration with Planning Center

Reasons for Switching to Clearstream

always having problems with logging in, sending messages, terrible customer service

Kristen from Rise City Church

Perfect for communicaton

Really glad we are subscribed and will continue to use this for our church.

Pros

I like that we can communicate with people that are desiring regular communication without creating a massive email. It helps us get the most important information into their hands quickly. We also know that people will read a two-line text over an email.

Cons

Importing subscribers and adding subscribers to specific lists seems overly difficult.

Better options

Rachel from The Bridge Church Denton

Love this company!

It has been great and customer service has been fantastic during this time when we need to communicate with our people more than ever. We really appreciate it

Pros

Cons

I wish not everybody could see all of the replies. Like I wish we could select who receives the reply notification for each message sent out

Trip from Valley Creek Church

Great Product... looking forward to improvements

Customer service has always been great. I always feel very supported every time I reach out. The service is reliable.

Pros

- Planning Center integration - Schedule messages - Phone app - Personal replies to mass texts in inbox - Shorten URLs

Cons

- Lack of placeholder text in message creation "Hello <>!" = "Hello Trip!" - Easier way to auto refresh Planning Center list with out going through the Account Settings Page... I would love a button that is easy to get to that will refresh the lists

Ilona from Icon Church

Excellent Option for Churches

We wanted to explore an additional communication strategy for our church as well as provide a simpler way to run live text-in Q&A events. For the former, Clearstream has been an intuitive and helpful tool for promoting various events and easily getting new people connected with helpful information. For the latter, Clearstream has fully replaced our previous method of using Twilio to facilitate our Q&A sessions.

Pros

Love the easy integrations with our other management and communications software (in particular Planning Center and Slack), the ability to schedule texts (and even a series of texts) in advance, and simplicity/flexibility of creating new workflows for keywords via a short code for different purposes/events. We've also found it helpful to create subaccounts and use different long codes for different purposes, which has allowed us to differentiate the program to meet our needs.

Cons

The inbox can become hard to organize/manage when you get a flurry of incoming responses. Would also appreciate the ability to simply select existing subscribers from within Clearstream to make a List, rather than needing to import/sync a list.

Misty from Zack Cherian International Ministries

Great System!

Great and easy to use!

Pros

Very user friendly, training classes helpful, texts send at the time the are supposed to, easy to pair with planning center

Cons

Have to use the training materials in order to fully understand the site

Reasons for Choosing Clearstream

Pricing, features and syncs well with planning center

Reasons for Switching to Clearstream

Switched to planning center from breeze and Clearstream synced well with it. Breeze would not send texts at the time it was supposed to. Unable to reply to texts

Devyn from Union Chapel Ministries

Great Overall... Would like to see some updates

We are able to utilize one software throughout our entire church instead of each ministry paying for its own

Pros

I love the ease of use of this software... It made the transition from our previous software much easier than anticipated.

Cons

The personability between me and the recipient could be better.. I do not like that there is a required header (previous software did not require this) because it makes it look "corporate." I also wish there were a way to include at least the first name of the recipient to say "Hey, Devyn!" for example.

Reasons for Switching to Clearstream

Seemingly more functions and use around the entirety of the church

Jason from Erie First Assembly

Clearstream at our church

Clearstream has been great. Onboarding subscribers has been easy, we’ve been able to have multiple admins manage their respective lists and reach our people.

Pros

We launched our Clearstream account with a 40-day messaging campaign for Lent at our church. We were able add admins and schedule our whole campaign easily. Everything was smooth and easy and worked great.

Reasons for Choosing Clearstream

The price of the Clearstream plan was better– more credits for a lower monthly cost.

Julie from Northpoint Austin

Everything we need, Great service

Pros

Clearstream had features that we were lacking with a previous texting service, like the ability to send a message automatically every time a keyword was used. The pricing is good, and the customer service is excellent. A rep reached out to me shortly after we signed up for our free trial to see if I had any questions (I did, and he answered all of them). So far, it's been easy to use. Very happy with it.

Cons

It would be nice to be able to purchase a la carte keywords online the way you can purchase message credits. I know it's possible to add them, but you have to contact a rep to do it.

Reasons for Choosing Clearstream

It was easy to determine that it had the features we were looking for, but that we weren't paying for things we didn't need. Pricing was great.

Jennifer from Burning Hearts Church

Love Clearstream!

It's been wonderful and a life saver for our church in a time we needed to share registration links to attend church service during Covid and city/state occupancy requirements. The Customer Service has been outstanding always willing to help, quick response and willing to look into your situation to give the best advice to make the product work best for you.

Pros

We love that we are able to communicate in mass in a more effective way. Most people don't use or check their emails regularly so sending weekly emails isn't the most effective. However, texts has allowed us to share information quickly and we've seen greater attendance to worship and church events because of it. Highly recommend Clearstream. I love that it connects with Planning Center and we are looking to utilize it in various ways for our ministry.

Cons

I don't like it doesn't autosave your work or you can't save it as a draft to come back and work on it. As someone who wears many hats at a church, you work on things and then get interrupted. Having this feature would be wonderful to start and then come back and finish the text. Also, I have accidentally with my mouse gone backwards on my screen and it looses the work that I've done. I've learned to create the text in Word and then copy it over so I don't loose what I am working on. But think this would be great feature to add.

Reasons for Choosing Clearstream

Because of working with Planning Center. It just made sense.

Steve from Oasis Church

First impressions

Great customer service. The overall software seems very stable. I like where u guys are going with this.

Pros

Integration with planning center. The ability to keep typing a message and u break it up vs having to get cut off after message one. Seems to work well from the recipients end. Everyone seems to get it quickly.

Cons

The app. Everyone moves to texting because it is easier. So most messages being sent are done on the go with our phone. It is crazy to me that I cannot see group responses from the app. 100% of my work is done from the app. Now I have to go find a computer and log in to see who replied to my text. In a church where multiple messages are going out asking for a response, there is no way to sift through who is answering me vs who is answering a separate message from the app. I now have learned how to see it from the computer, which is helpful. But that should be the very first feature on the app. 3 things is all I need for the app which should be at the core:. 1. Opt people in to specific lists easily, 2. Send a message, 3. See group responses.

Response from Clearstream

Replied November 2018

Hi Steve, Thank you for the feedback! Regarding our iOS/Android app, as you probably already know, you can view/respond to all incoming messages from within the app. That said, we'll be launching a few updates to the app over the new couple months, specifically for Inbox functionality. Being able to filter by the actual message your team sent is one functionality we'll likely include. Thanks again for the feedback!

Jorge from Church of the Sower

Clearstream filled our follow-up void.

We have been using for less than a month. It connected well with PCO, Planning Center online, our members portal and scheduling platform.

Pros

I chose to read product descriptions and base my decisions on that. I then did the trial run on Clearstream using free trial. I didn't want to create multiple test accounts companies. Ease of use for our needs compared to other similar platforms was my driving force.

Cons

Thus far I couldn't find an issue with the system. It has clear instructions on setup and followup instructions on use of the system in online postings. The app itself has guidance and instructions within it. When creating texts it shows you on the right-hand side the steps you created.

Reasons for Choosing Clearstream

I need a text platform that has seamless integration with PLANNING CENTER. We have used other systems in the past that were in build out phases and new startups. I did not feel like being a test person again. Clearstream seems to have a better handle on the connection between them and PCO and I wanted to opt for the system I currently use for scheduling and membership. The workflows from Clearstream add the information collected directly to PCO. Works great thus far. we are Only a month in- I will update review in 4 or 5 months to advise on my status with them and integration.

Nicole from Calvary Christian Church

It works but more cons than pros

Pros

I love that it intergrates with planning center online. That was the number one reason for choosing. The keywords are something our large church really needs. We are still figuring out the best ways to use it.

Cons

I want to be able to send a message to someone that is not yet a subscriber. For example, we use at church to text a parent if their child needs them. If the famiy is new that day and registered with planning center onlly moments before, they have not been synced into clearstream yet. I have to go through multiple steps to pull up on a desktop and run a sync for several minutes before the parent's phone number is available to select. By then the child is usually hysterical. I also do not find the set up user friendly. Inbox and create message should be on the same page. I also think it is difficult to navigate to the list of opt-outs. I don't find the graphs helpful. We use it on iPads and it is not built for iPads so its blurry and does not fit the screen.

Response from Clearstream

Replied May 2020

Hey Nicole, I'm sorry to hear it hasn't been easy to use! Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. If you'd like, we'd be happy to jump on a phone call to show you a few things that could help. You can reach our team from within your account or email us (help@clearstream.io). I hope we're able to connect and help make this an easier process for you. Thanks,

Dean from Wylie UMC

Great Investment for Our Church

Initially, I signed on for Clearstream to follow up with new worship guests, but I began sending our weekly texts for prayer requests from the congregation at large and that has been our biggest use of Clearstream. I love interacting with the members of our church via texting and NOT having everything have to run through my personal phone.

Pros

Clearstream is easy and intuitive to use both on the computer and in the app. I am grateful for the way I can respond to messages, send messages, schedule messages, and manage my user lists quickly. I also love that I can track interactions with specific messages on the message dashboard.

Cons

I would like to be able to edit users info from the app.

Raffy from Reclaim Church

Great Software and Service

I recently inherited the connection center role at our church, and I had very little training using Clearstream. Fortunately, I found this software easy to navigate and use to communicate with first time visitors and keep our members informed of weekly events, activities, special notices, etc. I love the ease of entering several messages at one time and scheduling them for delivery throughout the week or month--and I can even include photos. Clearstream also easily integrates with other platforms like Mailchimp and Planning Center--allowing me to sync information from Planning Center and send emails when a text message won't suffice . Most importantly, I love the support Clearstream offers. I was a newbie to this software, and technology and I are not the best of friends. Luckily help is only a text away! All I have to do is enter my question or dilemma in the chat box while I'm online, and someone (usually Jimmy) is there to help me until everything is resolved to my satisfaction and understanding. Clearstream also offers live webinars and a blog to help users learn more about the software. In just a short time, I have become a Clearstream fan.

Pros

Easy to navigate and use Convenience of scheduling texts (I can enter texts for the week at one sitting.) Integration and media capabilities Clearstream app for my phone Dark screen mode Excellent support

Cons

I've only used Clearstream for about a month. During this time, I haven't encountered anything I do not like.

Jarrod from CHURCH FOR HUMANITY INC

The Way To Go

Pros

By far what I like the most is the integration with Planning Center lists. This makes Clearstream deftly effective at targeting specific groups within your congregation...and it makes it automatic.

Reasons for Choosing Clearstream

Basically a higher value. Competitive product at a lower price.

Response from Clearstream

Replied March 2020

Hey Jarrod, Thanks so much for leaving us a review! Glad to hear the Planning Center integration has been so helpful! Your Clearstream account will sync with Planning Center every morning automatically, but if you need to sync in the middle of the day, you can do so from your integrations page. Just click View > click Run Sync Now. If you have any questions about that, please reach out to our team. We're happy to help!

Bethany from Northland Church

New to ClearStream

I work with college & young adults and staying in contact with them is challenging. Most don't use Facebook and there's no guarantees they'll see Instagram posts. Texting has been much more successful and a great way to get the word out quickly.

Pros

We're a church of 3-5,000 who are using ClearStream for children's, students, young adult, and connection teams - both for volunteers and participants. We're so happy to have this additional avenue for connecting with congregants, volunteers, and staff and it's been well received.

Cons

The package we chose does not offer enough long codes for the number of ministries who are using the software but we're making it work. In time we may upgrade to another package but for now it's the only thing that we wish we had more of.

Emilio from New Beginnings Church of God

Great product and customer Service

Overall I am pleased with the product and will continue to use it. I would recommend this to others as well. The keywords, analytics, and other tools available are just so helpful.

Pros

The user friendly software both on pc and mobile platforms. Also the customer service is unmatched!! Every question or issue that would come up was either answered immediately or [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and His team did everything they could in a timely manner.

Cons

The cost of sending images. I was using text mojo before and it was a cost of 2 credits per image and clearstream is 3 credits per message. Now its just one more but when i am sending to almost 100 people per week it can really cut into the credits. Also I understand there is no option to role over credits but it would be incredibly helpful especially for a youth group on a youth group budget. One month might be very slow and uneventful but now with school, Halloween, thanksgiving, Christmas, and new year's the credits i didn't use during the summer could have really come in handy.

Reasons for Switching to Clearstream

Well first it was 10 dollars cheaper a month and that clearstream integrates seamlessly with Planning Center Online. Our church has made the move and this was a super helpful feature.

Danielle from Victory Church ATL

Clearstream was the answer!

We have not had any issues with them. Really enjoy working with them. They were able to build us a custom plan that works with exactly what we need!

Pros

We love the fact that it directly integrates with our people data software so we're not having to double enter information. Our congregants have utilized it significantly as it's easier to send a text than to search on a website for something.

Cons

They have an app, but you can't access everything through the app such as keywords. To access those, you can login from your mobile browser, but there isn't a "login" button on the home page of the mobile webpage, so you have to select sign up first, then click on login. Not a big deal, but can cause a little confusion.

Reasons for Choosing Clearstream

Ease of use, pricing, reviews

Marie from Cross Church

My Limited Experience

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and his counterpart are great. They are knowledgeable about the product, patient, friendly and I love when the make a short video to show me what to do on my end.

Pros

My ratings may have been more about me and not your software. I've only been using this software for a limited time and still in the steep learning curve. We don't have a clear process owner in our church for this software, so it's confusing at time who I need to talk for changes, expanded usage, etc. With that said - I like the software and sending text to our church attendees. Like the fact you can set it up for a future delivery. Just learned how to attach a video for our Christmas Eve Services and that was great. Looking forward to seeing how else we might use this software to assimilate with our church members.

Cons

Can't see who I sent a message to from my end. With several subscribers list and messages I sometimes can't remember who I sent what to. Don't like idea I have to input a long list of subscribers into Planning Center than import into Clearstream. I'm a Fellowship One Champion and now have to learn yet another software until we make decision on what we are going to have as our main database.

Natalie from EPIC House

A Must-Have for Churches!

Pros

Especially during this COVID-19 season, we love being able to connect with our audience regularly and at a moment's notice. Clearstream makes that possible. We are impressed by how ethically Clearstream operates and how seriously they take FCC compliance. The team at Clearstream is always helpful and extremely customer focussed. We also love the Planning Center Online integration.

Cons

I wish the mobile app could allow us to edit or change the time of a previously scheduled message.

Lovell from New Image Church

Life Saver

We were able to increase engagement/ support for our members and students

Pros

I love this platform! We are able to SIMPLIFY our engagement with our members and students. It is easy for use and Clearstream staff is quick to reply to questions.

Cons

There nothing that we do not like about this software

Reasons for Choosing Clearstream

Simple to use and less expensive

Benjamin from Victory Church World Outreach Center

Excellent way to increase engagement and freedom for church members

Clearstream has really addressed a lot of our issues with prior texting services that had limited features. We really feel like we're using a professional level software that helps us better and more effectively communicate. The support team is also super helpful and responsive. Thanks clearstream team for making such and awesome product!!!

Pros

- Opt-in and opt-out - Using keywords really opens up so many doors - Integration with planning center - Import features - Professional nature that really helps us to communicate effectively with our people

Cons

- some of the account menu functionalities are a little confusing - wish we had more keywords for the price lol, those things are awesome - the interface style could use maybe a little updating? removing gradients and boxed layout (make it fullwidth and fully responsive). Really not bad! Just a couple thoughts

Juan from BT Church

CONSIDER CLEARSTREAM

Seamless, productive, and efficient.

Pros

First, it is a definite upgrade from Remind. It is user friendly and easy to get use to the navigation start page. I tend to use it once or twice a week to reach out to our church campus of any upcoming events or important information.

Cons

The only cons I have is actually explaining, “Text the number 97000 and send the text to the number”. Some people get it and some people need to be walked through the process. But other than that no real cons that I have experienced.

Cari from A Church Called home

Impeccable.... nothing like it!

It is our main communication tool between the church office and our congregation :)

Pros

Very easy to set up and understand! Their customer service is impeccable and should be modeled by other companies. Extremely prompt when asking a question and will send video responses on how to accomplish what you need to.

Reasons for Choosing Clearstream

It integrates with Planning Center which is what we use as our main database. Plus, after the free trial I wouldn't give up the ease of using the software nor their customer service.

JOSHUA from MEDES CHURCH

An amazing tool during an ever changing Circumstances

clearstream has been a great asset to our church and outreach program and are trully blessed to be able to have such a tool accesable to us.

Pros

thanks to clearstream as a church we've been able to easily communicate with our congregation, and start new outreach programs that we never thought possible.

Cons

Well really isn't much we dislike other then sometimes multiple credits being used for duplicate contacts or numbers that no longer exist.

Response from Clearstream

Replied December 2020

Hey Joshua, Thanks so much for leaving us a review! It's great to hear the positive feedback! I wanted to let you know that your Clearstream account will automatically screen for duplicate phone numbers so we will only a message to each phone number once even if they're in multiple lists. If you're seeing any issues with this, please reach out to our support team so we can take a deeper look. Thanks,

aaron from Freedom Church

Very satisfied customer

The app is great. I often have to send quick messages and reminders to different groups of people in my church and it is so easy to do this with the app. My previous service provider did not have this option and it's a game changer!

Pros

The transition was extremely helpful. I found out that we needed to get a new text service and that I had to replace it ASAQP. A quick chat with customer service and after a few minuted I had all of my questions answered and my new service set up.

Cons

The ability to insert a picture into a text would be very helpful. I create graphic announcements for emails, social media, and our website and it would be helpful to be able to drop that .jpg or .png into a text as a quick reminder for an upcoming event.

Reasons for Choosing Clearstream

Lower cost for equivalent services.

Reasons for Switching to Clearstream

The company closed and no longer offered services.

Response from Clearstream

Replied January 2021

Hey Aaron, Thanks so much for leaving us a review! It's great to hear your feedback! I wanted to let you know that you actually can send MMS (picture messages) through Clearstream! This just needs to be enabled per account. I've enabled it on your account now. If there's anything else we can help with, please reach out to our support team. :) Thanks,

Mark from Victory Family Church

Powerful features and lightning quick customer service

Aside from the software, Clearstream has amazing amazingly fast customer service. I never ever worry about not getting in touch with someone. I go to their live chat and someone is on with me in like 1 minute or less.

Pros

They don't charge you for incoming text messages. I could literally stop there! Hahaha! They also allow for sub-accounts to keep things organized and they don't massively overcharge on keywords. The user interface is clean, sleek, and easy to use. I love that they have a phone right there to visually display your message. I also love love love that they are a monthly charge and that they allow you to build fully customized accounts to fit your exact needs WHEN you need it.

Cons

Honestly, I've not found anything I don't like so far.