All SportsEngine Reviews

Reviewed June 2022

Great Product, Awful Customer Service

Kimberly

Reviewed December 2017

Took on this project and Sports Engine made it easy and the support is fantastic.

Parents at the High School LOVE the fact that they can be communicated with, the calendar is easy to read. And all forms and information is all in one place.

PROS

Easy to use! Easy to train others to use. Tech support is very helpful. Helped me brand our Athletic Dept and families LOVE it! Easy to access and full of all the information parents need at our High School.

CONS

When I go to the helpful videos, I can't search a specific topic. Too many articles come up for the topic I choose. Other than that, absolutely NO problems with Sports Engine.

Robert

Reviewed July 2020

Lots of Features - Difficult to Use - Limited Reporting

Mixed. We thought the league website looked better than our previous version. But getting data out of the system and league setup was more difficult than our previous provider.

PROS

It has a robust front-end. Lots of features available for your league/team website. Their tool allowed users to easily build nice looking websites. They had many widgets that allowed you do generate many different web objects on a website (i.e. News articles, league standings, podcasts and use of your own URL). They offer the opportunity to provide feedback to enhance the product.

CONS

Administrator interface was somewhat convoluted and not user friendly. Setting up a season, teams, divisions and games was not straightforward. Reports were limited. In our league, our commissioner needed to track specific penalties. SportsEngine does not offer true report functionality. It lacked the ability to design your own report, specify a query for the exact data you needed or specify the layout of the data. Even though they offer the ability to provide input on new features or suggest them, very few of the suggestions turn into reality. Nice feature to enter games real-time but it also was not always easy to use. Initial outlay was over $6k with annual cost around $700.

Reasons for switching to SportsEngine

Our sponsor was ending their affiliation with Pointstreak. They offered the leagues they sponsored a one-time amount to purchase their own websites. We could stay with PS or find another vendor. We heard some very good things about the site and company. We were impressed with their sales presentation. But support was a little weak and in the end, we are not pleased after 2+ years using SportsEngine. At the time, Pointstreak was sold to another company and several of the individuals we dealt with were let go.

Robert

Reviewed December 2023

Do Not Use - Support Is Virtually Non Existant

Use Someone else - their customer service is terrible and has many issues - and pushes insurance etc on your cutomers

PROS

To be honest, the only positive is that the registration management was much easier than my previous company. When I signed up for sports engine it was $49 a month, At $149 with reduced service, more issues and new better companies now available, they are definitely not worth the money

CONS

Customer service is terrible. they push insurance that is a joke as well as other products down customer throats - over priced, many dumb functionality issues they refuse to fix. Upgrades they added this year for significant price increase were actually downgrades in my opinion. Glad to be leaving. Save your money and frustration and go elsewhere.

Reason for choosing SportsEngine

thought was better at the time but switching now

Reasons for switching to SportsEngine

registration funtionality was better at the time

Lacey

Reviewed June 2019

Fusion SC User Review

Registration and player management has become much simpler and more streamlined since we switched to SportsEngine, with everything being 100% online. It has made our processes simpler and faster to work through, from rostering to invoicing and even processing refunds. As a Club Admin and parent, I also find the website to be very user friendly for both sides.

PROS

I like the fact that everything is migrating into one location, taking away the need for using/visiting multiple websites to complete necessary tasks.

CONS

There is a lack of some functionality that our organization had with our previous software (Blue Sombrero), which makes some tasks impossible to do without big workarounds (if at all). One example of this is the ability to transfer players between programs without parents having to complete a whole new registration.

Reasons for switching to SportsEngine

We were looking for something more modern that offered better functionality to not only handle registration and player management, but also serve our needs on the website end. SportsEngine offered a product that fit the direction we were looking to go towards, especially with the NBC merge that was coming soon (at the time we went over the proposal).

Terrence

Sports, 11-50 employees

Reviewed October 2019

Online registration management

Player registration and sign up is easy for players parents, we are able to upload forms we need filled out. The financials are easy to understand and makes record keeping a breeze. Any problems are handled quickly.

PROS

Customization It can be tailored to fit your organizations size and unique needs.

CONS

A little overwhelming if your computer literacy is weak.

Reasons for switching to SportsEngine

SportsEngine is much more professional, better suited to sports organizations. Their customer relations are far superior.

Lisa

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Reviewed March 2022

Nicest Kids Sports App I have sued

PROS

This has been my favorite sports app I have used with my son's sports leagues. It is super easy to use and great functions. It is up to date with great features.

CONS

I have been using for a few weeks now and I dont see anything disappointing about it yet.

Reasons for switching to SportsEngine

this is what the baseball program chose to use and good choice!

Sports, 51-200 employees

Reviewed March 2019

Great team mgmt platform

PROS

This platform is great for team management and communication among players, parents, managers and coaches. I have been using this app since before it was corporate owned and would recommend to any sports team that doesn't have a lot of resources for communication. Having a team manager run the app for all involved does make it easier on everyone, and all that is needed is a bit of computer literacy, its easy to modify the settings and make the team mom look like a rockstar when it comes to stats, scheduling, registration and communication.

CONS

There have been issues in the past that I didn't care for like: data population for registrations, etc. But their team does listen and any issue I've ever had was minor and apparently others thought the same way and SE listened and has always addressed those issues. Their support team is great.

Cammielle

Reviewed September 2023

Great comprehensive product

I have used the package for years. I first set up a brand new club page from the ground up. I have used it for seasons, leagues, setting up mini tournaments/super series and run entire leagues. I like the features and modules available I think it gives good branding and functionality.

PROS

I find the scheduling and registration aspects easy to use. It creates calendars that can easily be subscribed to and share among players or members. Items and registrations let you track income lines

CONS

It can be a little complicated to FIRST get setup. Setting up discounts is still not as easy-peasy as I would like.

Reason for choosing SportsEngine

SportsEngine is more comprehensive and easier to manage.

Reviewed November 2023

Decent but not for extended family members

PROS

The app seems decent for the most part.

CONS

Sometimes it takes a while to update the webcal events. Chat messages are delayed so we use a other app for team messaging There is no webcal link to share with extended family to see the game only schedule. Ideally there would be a filter option for only games so we could share with aunts, uncles, grandparents, cousins, friends etc without sharing the full practice schedule.

Armando

Reviewed April 2018

SportsEngine has brought my clubs productivity to an all time high. Absolute fantastic company!

It made my soccer clubs administrative duties much simpler.

PROS

The ease of use in regards to registrations and payments. It has really streamlined my club and completely eliminated the use of any paper. The constant updates and changes to the platform to better it have been so useful as well.

CONS

The website designer needs an overhaul. For the average sports rep running the website it is very useful, but for someone who wants to take the website to the next level, it is pretty limiting.

Reviewed June 2017

Extremely satisfied; fantastic customer service; easy to build a professional looking website.

Platform allows us to build a world class website for a elite travel baseball program.

PROS

SportsEngine has been a true partner from the original sales cycle to the design, build and implementation of our travel baseball site. Their outstanding customer service and support is world class. I'm a IT professional and work with many vendors and I would rank SportsEngine right up there with the best of them. They deliver a high-end product with incredible responsive support and assistance (and always with a smile). Our organization knew want we wanted and SportsEngine went above and beyond to ensure we were happy with the end solution. We were admittedly a high-maintenance customer and I never once sensed they were frustrated with accommodating our requests/needs. The SportsEngine community as been a great resource for us for new ideas and tips/tricks. The tools was easy to learn and fun to work with. The tool allows for an incredible amount of functionality. We believe SportsEngine platform and professional support has allowed us to build one of the top travel baseball sites in the country. The cost was super competitive to other platforms we looked at and if you look at the site, you would expect that it cost way, way more than what we paid for it. It's a great value through and through. We couldn't be happier with our selection of SportsEngine and we couldn't be happier with our ongoing partnership.

Adam

Reviewed June 2017

Sport Engine has been great for my league since the first day I changed over to their website.

PROS

First off, it's very professional looking! Which is a big selling point for my league. The look created legitimacy for my league. The support staff has been excellent to work with! From the Sales Representative and Account Manager I work with, all the way through Registration and Tech Support departments, all have been helpful, and prompt when doing so! I honestly believe the professional look of my website has given my business the edge over the competition in my market. And last, but certainly not least, the website is super easy for the user like me to edit, post pictures, video and content to my website.

CONS

I don't dislike anything about Sport Engine's websites, or them as a company. If there was anything that could be thought of as a negative, or a drawback, is that as a new company, they have a lot of great new ideas and features that they plan to roll out in the future, but things like that take time to develop, so making sure they're done right for the sake of the customer is what is important. Patience is the virtue we all must have until those new features are brought to use.

Anthony

Accounting, 11-50 employees

Reviewed January 2017

SportsEngine: Lots of promises but nothing works as advertised. Customer support is awful.

I purchased this product to set up a website for a youth volleyball club I manage. None of the features the sales rep promised or touted work as advertised. They will take your money and leave you to figure everything out. I had to hire someone with website experience to get the basic shell set up. It's not intuitive or user friendly. There are lots of bugs and glitches. Extremely frustrating. The worst part of the experience has been the customer support. There is none. You have to email your question. Responses take a minimum of 24 hours to come and they rarely solve the problem. Mostly a "try this" or "we think"... If I attempt their "try this" and it does not work it's another email and another 24+ hours for a response. Items that should be resolved in less then an hour take weeks to resolve. Don't waste your money or time with this product.

PROS

Its a professional looking website.

CONS

Extremely time consuming to use. Awful customer support. Lot's of glitches and bugs.

Thanks for the feedback Anthony. Our support team is available 7 days a week and you can contact them via phone, email, or twitter. Also, I'd recommend you reach out and set up a time with your account manager so they can help you out. It's an included part of your service and should help you get started.

Replied June 2017

Jasmine

Reviewed October 2019

Life Saver

PROS

What I like most about sports engine is that the app and the online are interconnected. I can make a change or chat on the app and see it happen right from the app. I also love the ability to be creative with our registrations and being able to set limits for discounts and a timeframe. With the new update for invoicing it makes it even more flexible for our fee waiver families. The app also makes it really easy for parents that are divorced to be connected without sharing their login information with the gaurdian feature that was a complete game changer.

CONS

The thing that I wish we had on the app was the ability for parents to pay invoices and to see what bills are due and their account balance through the app instead of them having to go online.

Shawn

Reviewed December 2019

Lake Murray Volleyball Club review of SportsEngine software

Prior to using SportsEngine I was the only one able to maintain our website but since we started using SportsEngine I am able to have each coach and all 4 Board members update the website. We get compliments all the time on how easy it is to find items on our website.

PROS

The software is easy to use. I am in IT and have designed websites before but I found that with this software I can turn over team pages to my coaches and they are able to maintain their pages on their own with very little training.

CONS

Currently the software lacks a good quality payment method for club members to make payments and allow the administrator to adjust payments on the fly. We currently have to use a different software for this purpose but I am hoping that someday the SportsEngine software will be improved so that I can use it instead.

Shawn

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1 employee

Reviewed April 2019

7on7 Football with SE

I like the website, I like what it can do and my customer like the way it looks. Now I wish it was easier to get a hold of Customer Service. Or if Customer Service emails back all I get is link on my question. Its very cold and un customer friendly. There is probably so much more I could be doing with my 2 websites but no one will ever spend the time to really help you. You have to figure out everything on your own

PROS

The ability to make it easy on my customers to play with us in our Leagues & Tournaments. Call to action with click through to registration pages set apart from competition

CONS

For first two years I exclusively did my scoring and scheduling on SE. In the last year or so I have gotten away from that as I find it too time consuming and I use Zorts Sports now

Jason

Recreational Facilities and Services, 51-200 employees

Glad we switched!

PROS

One stop app for all our team spanning multiple leagues. I can keep track of where everyone is play on any given day! SE has been actively updating its offerings either for their web platform or apps based on suggestions made by their users on their Ideas page. Can't wait to see what's next. We've been giving team managers more access and they love the team management features.

CONS

No Windows 10 app! I get it... not exactly a great case to develop one as their Windows 10 Mobile isn't that popular but with millions of desktops using Windows 10 (including most of our organizations) it would seem a no-brainer to have a simple desktop app to access the info

Todd

Telecommunications, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed June 2017

Best decision we made as a league!

The main benefit is the ability to stay in touch with our membership base. I can send an email to all members about camps, upcoming seasons, schedule changes, stats, scores, playoff brackets, all kinds of benefits to choose from. When we started using the software we were a league of around 60 teams. Now we have over a hundred and counting. I do believe that parents love the ease of use and they can have their own team pages at no additional cost to the team. For anyone that knows how expensive a hosted website can be the cost of SportsEngine is nothing compared to what you receive. Unlimited photos, videos, calendars, team pages..... it just goes on and on. We have used SportsEngine going on 8 years and I can't imagine ever changing. It's just too easy.

PROS

Online Registration, ability to post schedules, standings, playoff results, member database for future events and seasons. With all of our incoming parents they have grown up in the internet age. They expect to be able to have an online source to register, get updates, see schedules, pictures, videos and a lot more. It really does give us a competitive advantage over other leagues.

Catherine