(3,401)

3,401

(1,249)

1,249

• Pros

• "I love this product as it is free, fast, easy and saves my information automatically! It makes working with colleagues super easy."

• "Love that it is free and fairly easy, very accessible on any device, remotely, etc. Easy to send to others. "

• "I love that it is easy to use! We use it for registering for a program and it makes everything simple."

• Cons

• "The functionality of the software is great, however, I feel like the aesthetics could be better."

• "If you want to create sub-questions or sub-forms (i.e. different prompted questions dependent on selected answers) it's do-able but not as easy."

• "There is a limited amount of customization available. There are some preset themes that you can use, but beyond that there is not much we can do without extensive training."

Browse Google Forms Reviews

Ashwin from IIIT Delhi

Getting data is now so much easier

It has been fantastic using Google Forms. It is a free, fast and very very effective way to take feedback. With absolutely no limits whatsoever. Plus, you can auto export the entries to a google spreadsheet and use its power

Pros

Everything. It hardly takes a few minutes to set up a basic Google Form. I have used it for various different use cases, ranging from quick polls in huge groups, deciding on a mutual time slot, to surveys and feedback. Google Form offers you a wide range of options for data validation and helps visualize the data collected.

Cons

It is difficult to show options based on conditioning. i.e, change the upcoming questions based on the answers selected by the user. According to my understanding, you can achieve this by creating sections, but I have not figured out how to do that efficiently yet. In case you are looking for this, check out https://support.google.com/docs/answer/141062?hl=en

Tanuj from IIIT Delhi

Google Forms: Fast & Efficient Surveys and Questionnaires

Overall, Google Forms is an excellent service to efficiently create and deploy forms and questionnaires, especially if your work involves getting quick responses from a wide variety of users. With the sheer amount of granularity it provides and its suggestive features, it is an indispensable tool for anyone who wishes to reach out to a vast number of respondents.

Pros

Google Forms lets you create forms, surveys as well as questionnaires in a swift and simplified manner without compromising on the granularity of customizations. In my experience, making forms and deploying them to more users has never been as efficient without Google Forms. It not only provides a variety of options to fine-tune the questions (as well as their expected responses) but also recognizes patterns within the body of the questions themselves and automatically suggests optimum parameters for the same. Furthermore, it provides multiple ways for users to share their forms to external channels and get responses fast. Upon receiving responses, it also allows form administrators to get a general view of the answers themselves and enable them to peruse individual responses as well.

Cons

Google Forms has become so deeply ingrained in my usual workflows that it has become a chore to switch to other surveying platforms whenever it becomes necessary to do so. Thus, there are no cons that I've personally faced in my experience with Google Forms.

Courtney from Wayfair

Holy Grail of Quick Needs

It has been an incredibly useful tool within google suite. I can easily share forms with my team and we can work simultaneously together on building more complex forms. And of course, it’s easy to save in google drive and access on the go, a great feature for those who travel or are working from home.

Pros

Google Forms is without a doubt the easiest and most convenient survey/form creator there is. My favorite feature is that it automatically creates a Google sheet of response data for you, which for me saves so much time. I use forms for everything from recognition award nominations, to coffee orders, to employee suggestions, photo contests, feedback, and more (I don’t think I could name everything I use it for). You can easily turn off a form if you no longer want to accept responses and building a form is easy and customizable down to the colors and font. There are multiple question and answer types (like short answer, long answer, multiple choice, checkboxes, drop downs, etc.). You can also set it to automatically gather the email of the respondents or you can leave it anonymous. Also, you can set questions to be required so people can’t skip questions. It’s so easy and so handy and toddler could do it!

Cons

I genuinely do not have any complaints about this platform. I use it nearly everyday and have found it’s incredibly versatile to meet my unique and ever changing needs. I have also gotten feedback from employees that it’s easy for them to respond to the forms.

Damola from Mercurie

Google Forms, Surveys & So Much More

It's made work a lot easier than I could every envision without it. I once conducted a dip-stick research effort for an FMCG brand in my market. I was able to deploy separate survey forms to 5 geopolitical market regions in Nigeria. We had a really tight deadline to pull it off, but we were able to do it anyways.

Pros

It helped me deploy primary research instruments and above all, gave me an easy platform to analyse the data on the data summary section that is often visualized, the individual submissions and the raw data on Google Sheets. But that was just the beginning. I've used it to collect critical employee data so easily from my team on several occasions without sending and sorting through emails. I'm honestly looking forward to the day I'd deploy a test with the platform. I keep seeing that the capability is there and I've just never utilized it. Ultimately, I feel one can be very creative with it.

Cons

it doesn't have conditional question functions. If yes, what trend of questions come next. If no what happens then. I guess the Google Team created it to be as simple as possible, but I will rather have all my research content domiciled here than spend time on other data collation and analytics platforms.

Daniel from Compton Point

Easy to use and instill confidence

The biggest issue I had going in was that the team did not trust engagement surveys as in the past they were not anonymous and resulted in many employees feeling as though they were in trouble for their answers. Google allowed us to conduct the survey anonymously and many felt confident in that there was no way for us to identify who it was that submitted an answer!

Pros

For this, I loved how simple it was to setup, but how intuitive it was. We used it to conduct our annual engagement survey when I first started years ago, and building the questions, answers, and exporting the results were all relatively simple compared to most other software.

Cons

The hardest thing was honestly not that big of a deal, but it doesn't print the summary of results very cleanly. The page breaks often resulted in tables being cut off or not printing at all, but we were able to export the results to excel and build the tables that way, which allowed for greater customization.

Reasons for Choosing Google Forms

Price and the ability to ensure and prove to our team that the results were anonymous.

Stephania from Elevated Arrangements LLC

Industry: Executive Office

Amazing!

Pros

Google Forms is really great. Every time we need to make a sign in sheet or registration sheet for different events or meetings, this is your go to software. I love the feature that has you export the replies, responses or answers to a google sheet. Keeps everything Google and integrated and synched. We have used this for creating surveys for our employees and see their responses. Its great for implementing company improvements.

Cons

The older generation really cannot understand how to use this. If there was a training video for the older crowd to understand, would be great. Otherwise the software itself is pretty simple and VERY Customizable.

Christos from University of Tennessee

Google Forms makes it easy to create surveys and forms for both beginners and professionals

As an event organizer in the University of Tennessee, I am very pleased with Google Forms versatility and ease of use. I have been working on the organization of conferences and their reimbursements, and Google Forms is the only software I use to create forms for conference participants, as well as surveys to find out about the effectiveness of these conferences.

Pros

What I mostly like about Google Forms from the development side is that the learning curve is not steep at all, so that beginners can easily find their way around into creating surveys/forms with high utility, that can be easily translated into statistics.

Cons

I just wish that Google Forms had more statistics tools so that I wouldn't have to plug the raw data into another statistics software.

Reasons for Choosing Google Forms

We, at the University of Tennessee, chose Google Forms over any other survey software because it is very well integrated into the Google apps and G Suite. Besides, Google Forms can be used for free without any significant disadvantages if one is not interested in sophisticated statistics.

Yadah from The Academy of Spa & Wellness

Questionnaires Made Easy

You honestly can't beat the price of Google Forms for everything that it offers. It integrates so easily with the other Google softwares that it makes it an easy go-to choice. I found it after trying other survey options and have just loved the functionality and professional layout.

Pros

There are so many options and editing variations! You can change the colours, brand your form, and add an image for the header. You can make a space available for clients to upload documents to your form (very handy when they need to submit things). The types of questions and available templates are numerous. Very easy to edit and change to suit your business profile and 'voice'. The information entered into the Form is automatically put into a Google Sheet to easily read the data.

Cons

Some of the capabilities are only available with the upgraded option. Although you can change the colours, that is based on the header image you choose - the colours are automatically 'picked up' from that, which is frustrating.

Christine from Christine Taylor Public Relations

Industry: Public Relations and Communications

Everything You Need to Make Easy Forms for Free

This software was my go-to for generating forms that I’d utilize for pre- and -post event coordination. It was easy for me to gather responses from my event participants as well as feedback from event attendees. I didn’t need an aesthetically-pleasing form, just a simple medium for gathering information.

Pros

The ease-of-use for these forms was the most appealing. With the minimalistic design and straightforward form options, it was effortless to create a form that I can send out a link for in minutes.

Cons

If you’re wanting an eye-catching design for your form, Google Forms is not for you. This software’s design reminds me of what I’ve created in a high school using basic HTML tags.

Reasons for Choosing Google Forms

I’ve stuck with using Google Forms because it’s easier for my clients to navigate and utilize. I haven’t switched to another product because there is no cost to utilize these forms and the software is easy to use.

Felix from Felix Hall

Easy to use and good functionality

Google forms has allowed for feedback and decision making to be made concerning a range of important decision. The ability for the form to be connected to a live sheet is also key to this.

Pros

There are a range of functionality which allow for quick forms to be made and exported. The ease in sharing and collecting data as is certainly a strong benefit.

Cons

Blocking duplicate answers requires users to sign in with their google account. This is often a barrier for a fluid form request.

Reasons for Choosing Google Forms

For quick and simple forms google forms is easier to setup and configure.

Judith from New Braunfels ISD

One of the Best Tools Available for Distance Learning Assessments!

Overall, I love Google Forms. It is easy to use, has a variety of features and options in the settings, which makes it my top choice right now for assessments and overall surveys with my students.

Pros

Google Forms is SUPER easy to set up and implement. Other collaborators can be added as well, to make it a worthwhile tool for educators when trying to provide consistency between classrooms. I especially appreciate the settings options to make forms my top choice for everything from surveys and input forms to formalized assessments in the "quiz" function. My students can get immediate feedback, or I can choose to release their scores at a later time. My favorite feature is the "branching" feature. Depending upon my students' answer choice, they can be led to the next question, or they can be given a "reteachable moment" and a second chance question. It is a great tool to address reteaching and reassessment for struggling children!

Cons

While the branching format is my favorite, it does need some work. One thing I have noticed is that several of my students have discovered the "back" button, so when they are given a reteach question, they simply go back to the previous question and choose a different answer until they choose the correct answer. Only a few of my students have figured this out, but as we use this on a daily basis to assess learning at the end of the lesson (in distance learning situation), more and more are figuring it out, which makes it difficult to authenticate what they have truly learned.

Jennifer from Campbell Hall

Best for quick and simple surveys or sign-ups

I would highly recommend using Google Forms as a quick, easy, and free way to create forms for simple surveys, basic event registrations, and contact info collection. There are some limitations so it's best for basic data collection.

Pros

Lots of pros- it’s easy to use once you get familiar with the icons/functions of form building. It’s great to have many options for the types of responses you want (short text, paragraph, multiple choice, check boxes, and drop downs). There is also a file upload option (but you have to require sign-in). You can have settings in place to be alerted via email when a response comes in. You can set it up so that a spreadsheet is created. You can also embed the form on your site or email. This form is best when you keep it simple. Using this as a sign-up form or other simple data collection is best. We’ve used Google Forms to create event registrations, event surveys, newsletter content collection, contact info updates, suggestion boxes, and even science fair applications.

Cons

I do wish there was more display customization. Especially with fonts- there are no options for type, size, color, etc. Sometimes you want to be able to bold or underline part of the question or description and there is no way to do that. The only way to emphasize certain parts of the text is to use all uppercase letters or to insert a bunch of symbols. The other challenge is that for being a user-friendly form builder, there are certainly many elements that are not intuitive. These include looking for the if/then button, the theme options, setting up email alerts, setting up editing access, figuring out the options for sharing the form (login required, no login, etc.), and even to get the link you should use. It all makes sense afterwards. However, they are all in different spots. Some of our faculty aren’t comfortable with a lot of web programs and they are easily confused looking for all the various settings… especially when all the functions are icon based. It would also be great if there were different print view options. If you use the response spreadsheet, it’s not an issue. But some of our faculty need to print out individual responses. In those instances, there is no condensed version to print. Even a brief registration form can end up being 3 pages.

Reasons for Choosing Google Forms

Since we already use Gmail and Google Drive, it's natural to use Google Forms. It's one less login for the rest of the faculty and staff to remember, and it's helpful to collaborate/access the forms between teams. For more complex surveys, we do end up using Survey Monkey.

Supun from University of Jaffna

Google Forms - Easy way to collect data

Google forms is an online surveying platform that use to collect data and analyze them. Because of its features, we can create advance questionnaires very simply and quickly. Results collected from the questionnaire can be analyzed very quickly looking at the charts generated automatically by the platform. Almost every person in the world has their own smartphone now. Therefore we can easily collect information from the people. I think Google forms is the best way to collect data analyze them.

Pros

Google forms is very simple to use, for both parties who make the questionnaire and who answer the questionnaire. Many types of question formats are available in Google forms and we can use them as our need. Radio buttons are available to select one choice from the given answer list, check boxes to select one or more choices and we can include text box to type the answer. This is a great feature of Google forms. I used normal question papers to collect data earlier and that was very annoying work. I had to make the question sheet, print it, share those printed question sheets among people and collect them. That was very hard and costly. Analyzing those answer sheets also very hard. But now it is quite easy with Google forms. No any printing and distribution cost. I can make them and share through Whatsapp, Facebook or any social media. Analyzing the result is very easy and fast because this gives out a real time result for the answers collected using graphical representations like graphs. There is an important option in Google forms. From this option, we can set how many times one person can answer the survey. It can be set to one time or many times. This option also very helpful when someone who we need to collect answers do not having a phone.

Cons

I don’t have any bad feeling about Google forms. But I faced some problems in some instances when using this. This requires internet connection to fill the form and analyze results. Therefore without internet we cannot use this. Another problem I faced that some people don’t know how to use this. Still there are some rural areas where smartphones are not in use. If we want to do a survey with them, we cannot use Google forms. No any considerable issue on using Google forms to collect data other than those mentioned above.

Chris from Cotterville Network

Nice Embedable Forms Used For Event Registrations

We have used them for years. They are reliable, and a great tool, especially for being a free product. When you embed them, they are reliable to render in the web page every time. This allows for basic logic flow, allowing us to ask yes, no, other, more... questions which need logic to present the proper questions needed.

Pros

This web form is very nice for small event planning. We use it as a registration form for classes we will be having. It is nice to have the form present cleanly on a webpage, allowing the user to fill in the information required, and then submit it to a Google Doc. The ability to receive a confirmation email from a registration and also the end user receiving a confirmation with their information is very beneficial. They can then go back and edit, update, or cancel their registration at a later time.

Cons

Compared to Microsoft's Form, which is equally as feature rich, Google forms look a bit toy'ish. It would be nice to be able to customize a form to make it look a bit more professional, and less colorful and playful.

Reasons for Choosing Google Forms

Typeform was expensive, and we were already using Google more over Microsoft.

Malinda from Ceylon Government Railway

Industry: Government Relations

The best data collection software

Google forms is one of my favorite data collection software which I have been using for two years. As a station master, I need to get feedback from my co-workers and passengers regarding the service that we provide to passengers and as a government company, how railway system affect to its employees and what opportunities they have gained. That feedback really really matters. and it is a fundamental pillar of a successful company. I can easily gather data from a large crowd using google forms and those data can be analyzed using google sheets. So my overall experience of using google forms is really positive as this software highly impact to the growth of railway system.

Pros

Few years back I used paper feedback submission forms to collect data. Those days I had to print questions in papers and it takes a considerable time to fill a form. So that most of the passengers don't spend their time to write in a question paper. Then google forms came in to the picture and it converted the physical paper into a completely digital system. It reduces the paperwork a lot. Also passengers tend to fill those since it takes a less time than writing answers in a paper. Google form can be created with multiple questions with different types of question types like true/false, yes/no, multiple choices etc. Depending on the response for a certain question, I can give different set of other questions as well. Also questions can be set as essential since it make sure the target audience fill out all the important fields. Also some fancy editable templates are available to use. Responder doesn't need a google account to respond; just click the link and respond. After creating a form, the link can be shared and the data is dumped into google sheet. Then I can analyze the submitted data in real time and can take decisions. The development of railway system highly depends on the satisfaction of the passengers and its employees. So those collected and analyzed data is shared with the higher management to take further decisions. For two years, google forms helped me to take decisions based on the real data in a very practical manner and I think the result is obvious.

Cons

I have experienced that the design customization capabilities of google docs are somewhat limited. It would be great if there are multiple ready to use templates and rich text editing ability available for google forms. Other than that I am totally satisfied with the service that the google forms providing for us.

Aaron from District 49

Google Forms for Instant Feedback

The greatest benefit I have found with Google Forms is the ability for my students to get quick and reliable feedback from their peers. They really enjoy this process and love looking at the different comments and charts. I have not found another option that makes this so engaging and so efficient. There is a small learning curve, but one that is worth the time and effort to integrate into your classroom.

Pros

I use Google Forms in a number of ways in my classroom. One way is to get instant feedback from my students. I create a quick survey and link it to my classroom Google Site. Then I have them take the survey. This gives me instant information that I can use to guide my instruction, create groups, and lots of other possibilities. Another feature that I like is that we will play trivia games. I will have students answer the trivia question. Then I can quickly change the questions, have them refresh their page, and answer the new questions. They have a lot of fun with this. But the best part of Google Forms is for students to get feedback from each other. If you have Google Apps for Education, your students can make their own form. I have my students create one after doing a larger scale project. They then have other students take their survey and this can give them feedback on what they did well with their class presentation. This kind of peer to peer feedback has been very valuable in my classroom.

Cons

There are many possibilities with Google Forms and it has been a great addition to my classroom. The only thing I can think of that is sometimes a problem is getting the link to send out. I have shared this idea with colleagues and with my students but this part sometimes causes trouble. Many people want to copy and use the link on the main form. However, this is the "edit" link and you do not want to give this one out. So to send it out properly you have to click on the "send" button and then select the link. I have seen this small step cause trouble.

Jonathan from Legally Mine

Google Forms offers quick and easy data gathering, but with some limitations

Google Forms allows us to do a wide variety of information gathering and control, from gathering data from clients to requesting task completion within the team.

Pros

Google Forms has an incredibly simple interface for building and sending questionnaires that takes little to no expertise in data gathering. Anyone can use it if they take the time to read the tooltips and know how to use a mouse. It also connects form responses to a Google Sheet that can be shared with team members, which allows for incredible flexibility in terms of use.

Cons

Really it's only missing a handful of features that I'd like to see. The two big ones are: First - No ability to gather repeated answers to a question such as asking a specific set of Name/Date/Parentage questions for dependents that allows for any number of answers based on the number of dependends the form-filler has. The Second is that the controls for specifying which page to show or questions to ask is somewhat limited - basically you can only choose to redirect to a page based on a multiple choice question's answer. I would much rather it just set up a flagging system that allows you to specify "Do not show this question unless question #3 was answered False" or "Show Page 5 at the end of the questionnaire if questions 4 and 5 were both True." and similar. But without that, there's a lot less room for control over the data you're gathering which leads to omission of certain questions that don't fit the structure of your questionnaire well, or leaving an important question as optional because it doesn't apply to everyone.

David from University of Alaska Foundation

Easy, free and fun

I enjoy using the product as a quick and easy to implement data collection tool. The data can be written to a Google Sheet which is also very accessible. The product is free through individual accounts and also available for paid hosted domain accounts. I like that users can fill in multiple forms. Access to forms can be set at multiple levels from a certain individual to the public. You can also preview your form before setting accessibility for anyone.

Pros

The feature set is good enough that Google Forms can be used for a variety of useful purposes: surveys, feedback, tests and quizzes, and much more. The platform is also supported by a wealth of plug-ins. Note, not all plug-ins are created equal. Read the ratings carefully. As with all plug-ins, you end up having to give some access of your form and account information to the developer. For some purposes it may not be appropriate to share with a third-party. Google forms supports the most common types of questions: multiple choice, true-false, yes-no, fill in the blank, text boxes, and also the ability to add attachments. It also has a simple analytics function built-in for analysis of your results.

Cons

Google really does not offer a great deal of support for this particular product other than their webpage “how-to” guide although additional support can be found from third parties on YouTube and other places. Web customization of the form is also a bit lacking. You can choose from a handful of the games and attempt to match a color scheme to your web environment, but that’s about it. There is no ability to control fonts, display size, orientation, etc.

Nimal from WebGen Solution - Pvt Ltd

To make your survey efficient!

When I was an Information technology student, I have created many google forms to my university projects. We had to gather user experience about some software and applications to find bugs. Also for final year research also we had to create a google form and collect data from job seekers. Also we have submitted a lot of google forms not only for friends but also for university academic purposes.

Pros

If you want to gather information regarding something, may be contacts, may be attendance for an event or anything you simply have to do a survey. You have to use a form to gather information you want. Google form is a survey administration app powered by Google. No matter what information you need collect, you can do it much easily using google forms. You just have to create your own form and send it to the audience you are interested in. In other words, it is a free online tool which allows you to collect information defiantly. Using this you can create surveys just in few minutes. They will be attractive and professional. To start working with Google Forms all we need to have a google account and good internet connection with a device. We can access the forms using smart phone or tablet also. The most important thing I have seen is, there are various designs so that we can choose the design and colors according to our preference and according to our business need. Interface is very user-friendly. Anyone can understand and start working with this easily. We can just drag and drop form elements and organize them accordingly. Also we can preview our survey before sending it to our audience. After sending, it will store the feedback we get and then we can analyze the result. It is also very important.

Cons

It is a must to have internet connection to make or answer a google form. Customization is limited. There may be some security concerns since it is online.

Karan from R/GA

Google Forms: Customizable and Extendable

Google Forms has been a truly useful tool with satisfactory out-of-the-box features. However, it becomes truly powerful when someone with programming experience can use App Scripts to customize or extend its functionality using the provided APIs. At my company, we’ve been able to use it for absolutely all of our surveying needs - every single department has found a way to use Forms to serve our needs. Without it, we would certainly need some software to replace it immediately - as it stands, we’re all happy that Google Forms exists.

Pros

Nearly all departments in my office use Google Forms - the strategy team, for example, will often collect preliminary responses to a proposed branding idea or brief for a client. We’ve also had HR use it for things such as scheduling - selecting a time slot that works for an information session for employees. Google Forms has a Javascript platform called App Script that allows programmers to extend Forms with additional functionality. I was able to extend the HR form using App Scripts - the department needed each respondent to be sent an email confirmation. Additionally, if enough people had selected a certain time slot, we needed to have that option removed from “available times” for other people to see - this was all made possible by extending Google Forms using App Script. The ability to leverage an existing skill set to augment a tool to better suit our needs has proven to be invaluable.

Cons

Forms is tricky to customize in terms of UI - I’m not a strong front-end developer so I just left the default UI alone. For someone more skilled in that area of programming, it would be easier to accomplish - with that being said, I would prefer a drag-and-drop interface for swapping out form elements. Users are also limited in the types of questions and answer formats that are allowed - this can be a problem for some, depending on the type of survey they’re trying to build. There are no conditional questions (if a question is answered a certain way, do this) - that logic needs to be included using App Scripts (if possible).

Daniel from AACPS

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

An Incredibly Versatile Survey Tool

Google Forms is not only one of the best online survey creation and collection tools around, it is also so much more. A teacher's best friend with its easy quiz and grading abilities, an interest form that sends emails immediately after completion, or just a great quick survey tool, Google Forms is an easy thing to recommend.

Pros

Google Forms, at its base, is an online survey creation and collection tool, but its capabilities only start there. The surveys allow for a wide variety of question types - multiple choice, paragraph, likert scale, and more - and the data tables it automatically makes with the responses is impressive and easy to follow. Forms also allows for quiz modes for teachers, locking people on that screen until they finish the survey, and it connects straight to Google Classroom for easy grade implementation. On top of that, there are tons of Add-Ons you can add for free which give even more capabilities. You can have a survey that people fill out, and then it takes the information from it and sends out personalized letters to emails based on what was selected! Forms is also constantly updating, which is amazing!

Cons

There are very few things I dislike about Forms, but I would like even more features. While it has a ton already, seeing some other survey tools online with features such as easy translations or read-aloud options makes me wish I saw those directly implemented into Forms (even though there are add ons and other Google Tools that can help implement these on the side).

Google forms makes it easy to gather complete and consistent information from others

It has helped me gather data from hundreds of people at a time and made it easy. No more hassle trying to get their info. Also, i can gather consistent data too. I love google forms.

Pros

I love that Google Forms allows me to set up a list of questions that can be sent to people when i need to gather complete and necessary information. Instead of having to hassle with a million emails, texts, and phone calls, i can create one form and just message the group a link. Once they click they just answer the questions and automatically their responses get dropped right into a spreadsheet along with a timestamp of when they submitted it. I get notified if i want of responses and even some analytics on the data gathered.

Cons

When dropping responses into a spreadsheet, Google forms by default adds a new record to the next line it remembers dropping the last record into. The only thing i don't like about this is that i will use the same form link each month and sometimes for old months delete the data just to clean it out. Well this leaves a bunch of blank rows because the form will keep adding records to the row it last left off on. Not a big deal. I could always just reassign the form to another clean sheet each month and i think that would work just fine too. Or copy the form and do the same thing. I also wish that you could change the order of your column data that is attached to the form. It feels like you need to give thought to your form question order so that the spreadsheet columns are in the logical order you were thinking. Again not too big a deal cause you can easily reorder and then create a fresh sheet associated with a form. But if you've been using a form/sheet combo for a while it'd be nice to not be stuck with the column order you started out with. Maybe others have a solution for this and i just haven't figured it out yet. Also, I wish that you could attach a form to start collecting data to an already existing spreadsheet you already have columns and data for. Again, there are workarounds for this, but it'd be nice to just maybe have a form created based on the column titles from an existing sheet. None of these things is a problem though, just features maybe Google could add.

Somer from All things Mindful

Industry: Individual & Family Services

Great way to take your documents with you wherever you go!

I just really like the ease of use and the mobility of having it at my hands whenever.

Pros

What I love and have always loved about this software is that I can sign in anywhere and access my information,this was a blessing expecially during college but also I'm my current career. No matter what happens I do not lose the work it's always there.

Cons

It could be better with an online tutorial,unless I missed that.

Reasons for Choosing Google Forms

Again ease of use and accessibility

Katie from Luther Seminary and Augsburg University

Quick and Easy for Internal Communications

Google Forms is a quick and easy way to collect and share information internally. It's user-friendly and even those in our organization who aren't particularly tech-savvy can figure it out quickly. Its limitations from a branding standpoint mean we'd only ever use it for internal purposes, but its upsides outweighs the downsides for our use case.

Pros

Since our organization uses Google G Suite, Google Forms is a no-brainer for internal communications use. As a small higher educational institution (a theological seminary), we have multiple instances in which we use Google Forms: for example, for organizing community events; getting feedback from faculty, students, and staff; submitting daily announcements and so on. The results are easily shared with all the stakeholders who need to see them, and just about anyone in the organization can create a Google Form in five minutes.

Cons

Perhaps the biggest downside is the inability to customize the look and feel of the form. While you can embed the form in a webpage, most of our staff members don't know how to do that (nor do they have the access to do so, even if they did!). This means that in the vast majority of cases, the forms don't look branded to our organization. That's why I specified that it's great for quick and easy internal communications uses. We would not use this for external communications, nor would we use it for high-level institutional communications, because those need to look more professional. For when we do use it, however, it works great.

Liam from OneHope

Start here but don't stay here.

Google Forms can be a great solution depending on how you're looking to use it. We've used it for feedback surveys, event registrations, simple polls and more. The integrations to Google Drive, Sheets, etc. are great and really make it a compelling first stop if you need to get into the survey world.

Pros

Google Forms is a light form building software that's just right if you're getting started and don't have anything too serious to do. We are able to use it effectively as part of our organization's G Suite, but honestly find Typeform to be the more comprehensive solution for surveys and user-friendly data collection. To Google's credit, they have improved Forms since it first launched with more robust analytics options and ways to view the data you've collected. And it is a huge plus that it integrates so smoothly into our G Suite. You can easily see the data on the back end automatically saved to your Google Drive. Depending on what you're looking to do, this is a great place to start. But if you need to pursue more complex form building, don't plan to stay here forever.

Cons

There are only a handful of starting templates and customizations to make your form look different from any other Google Form out there. That has been a frustration for us, though it can be overcome by using custom designed images as headers and customizing background colors, etc. If your Form is going wrong, it may be that you didn't design it well, so you should always test the survey before sending it out. Make sure your required questions, answer options, and question types are in order and not conflicting otherwise you'll only create frustrations and headaches for your survey takers. I would say Google Forms doesn't have a ton of cons but that doesn't mean every form you build will be perfect right off the bat. But before you blame the software, check on how you're using it.

Excellent for surveys, forms, and integration withing Google Sheets

Benefits include survey creation (which is really easy), answer management, and automatic graphs and charts based on the data I receive.

Pros

Surveys are easy to make: Google saves you time by making the survey easy to make. From dragging and dropping questions to assisting with creating question and answer formats, it is a simple software to use. Lots of features: Google offers lots of features for creating a beautiful and useful survey. You can change the layout and design, which makes the survey look professional. There are lots of options for types of questions to ask (multiple choice bubbles, multiple choice check boxes (plus an "other" short answer field), long answer fields, short answer fields, etc.). Survey data is pushed out into a Google Sheets spreadsheet: Like other Google software, the integration into Google Drive is very important to me, and Google Forms is no different. It pushes your data into a Google Sheets spreadsheet with timestamps when you receive answers to questions. I have set this up in the past to combine multiple spreadsheets to combine information from a survey I have created into another spreadsheet. Lots of cool features if you know your way around Google Sheets as well, but this is really only for advanced users. Notifications: You can set up auto email notifications when you get survey responses. Only do this if you've thought through how many emails you want to receive a day (or have them automatically go into a different folder in your inbox).

Cons

At the time that I used this software the most, there was no way to integrate pictures into the survey itself. BUT, I understand this has changed since then, so this makes this software basically perfect in my books for my uses.

Debbie from PianoBuzz Studios

Industry: Music

Easy to use but somehow confusing (nearly every time)

Despite my complaints, however, Google Forms has been extremely useful to me in my piano business. I use it frequently, to survey families on lesson scheduling, for special event signups and for registration information.

Pros

I like how Google Forms easily integrates with Google Sheets, automatically using the form data to set up a spreadsheet if I choose. Equally a plus, I like how I can easily choose to see a summary of the results or individual responses.

Cons

There are two things I really do not like about Google Forms: Despite how fairly straightforward it is to set up a form, the process of sharing the form with my customers is tricky. And it somehow confuses me nearly EVERY TIME. It's not an intuitive process for some reason. I just want to create a form and easily send it out to my piano families for them to fill in the blanks, make their multiple choice selections, etc, and submit to me. Sometimes, despite my best intentions, I'll send a form out only to get additional emails asking if I want to grant permission to the recipients so they can access the form. I don't even know how that happens. Or why it has to be so tricky. The other thing I really do not like is the lack of record keeping within the Google Forms software. If I choose to email the form directly from Google Forms, there is no record anywhere of who I sent the form to. No record that I've been able to find, anyway. I always need to know who I've sent a form to! This seems like quite the oversight on the software's part!

Dwana from Riverside

Google Forms one of the best products of all times

Google Form has these templates that made it easy to edit and respond on my phone and computer. Also, when I need to print form to turn into the grant office everything we had done was already in its form to print this program helped me to keep track of my paperwork by having everything organized and no extra work on my part. The benefits realized is the kids had fifty percent hands-on with the development of the t-shirts theme, colors, and design and that's all to Google Forms offering this with their templates. Last year we paid for all of these services that this year we did it on our own with Google Forms.

Pros

I was able to use Google Forms on my phone and answer any question when I was out of the office for a community meeting. Google Forms helped the other employees to keep track of how many kids were applying for summer camp and the forms that were offered helped us give a survey so the kids could vote on what they would like to do this summer. Google Forms aloud the kids to also vote on what colors their camp t-shirt would be and the design of the shirts. This program gave us themes to choose from with the kids and it made all one hundreds kid happy to be apart on the process.

Cons

Nothing to say bad about Google Forms this made my job and my co-workers so easy to do this year when we got started with the camp process.

Reasons for Choosing Google Forms

Google Forms offered us everything we paid for last year but with more to choose from and letting us make our own design and picking the colors, we like with no extra charges. Also, we included the kids and we could do that when we outsource the project.

Ho'omana Nathan from Oklahoma State University

Industry: Research

Best free data collection tool by a long shot

I started out using Google Forms for data collection in online research because it was free and easy to use, and it served me well for awhile. However, there are limitations on the types of data you can put on the form and collect which make it less useful for some of my projects, and the data view isn't always powerful enough to look at the data in a way that's useful. However, as a free solution, and for simple data collection, it's great.

Pros

First and foremost, it's free, and it's surprisingly comparable to MUCH more expensive solutions. Google Forms is an outstanding way to easily collect (relatively) simple information and see it in a manageable format (more on that later). Google Forms are pretty customizable, there's an impressive array of options, and it's always developing, which is something Google is almost always good for.

Cons

Google Forms is definitely a good solution for the cost (free), and for smaller projects where you don't need to collect detailed information. We've used it in the classroom for peer feedback, for collecting applications, and for some smaller data collection. However, the way that data is shown really isn't usable for bigger projects where you need a lot of detail about your data, although it is nice that Forms can put the data into Google Sheets as well.

Reasons for Choosing Google Forms

I've frankly never been satisfied with any version of SurveyMonkey, and Qualtrics is amazingly powerful, but somewhat overpowered for a lot of very basic data collection stuff. Google Forms is sleek and straightforward to set up for basic projects, nicer looking to the respondent than either of these two alternatives, and 100% free.

Not to be sniffed at - might solve all your problems!

I've used Google Forms for years. In a variety of professional and private situations. While it is Google branded and the themes are basic, this is not a tool to be sniffed at. If you're collecting details from users and you want to do it securely and within GDPR, this could be a good solution for you. If you've not got budget to splash out on a 'higher-end' tool, but you've got access to G-suite, this is definitely something you should try. For small data-collection batches, or organising events with 2000 people, this can be used to help you gather your information well. If you find that you need something just a little more advanced... try typeform.

Pros

The ease in arranging questions on a form and adding logic for page jumps. The depth of logic you can add to questions, including allowing file uploads of different formats. The automation possibilities when you combine this with Google Sheets are endless. Abilities for users to edit their responses after they've submitted questions. Most of all.. the fact that I can use this for professional purposes, but also to get people to tell me what they want to eat for Christmas dinner.

Cons

The templating is a little basic, they all look like Google Forms... but if you're truly being MVP and thinking whether or not you need something, why would you spend a ton of money on Survey Monkey when this collects the data and puts it in a spreadsheet for you??

Kat from RF

One of the best kept secrets of Google's platform

As mentioned above, I have witnessed many organizations use Google Forms for various reasons. Examples of this include: - Small non-profit used Google Forms to take and track food orders for a BBQ fundraiser event - College researchers used Google Forms to survey participants in a research study - Large non-profit used Google Forms to track convening attendees - Small non-profit used Google Forms to track volunteer sign-up, interests and availability - Small grantmaker used Google Forms to create grant application for prospective grantees Overall, all of the above were happy with their decision to use Google Forms.

Pros

One of Google Forms biggest advantages is how easy it is to set up. Any Google user is literally only a few click away from setting up and sending forms that gather contact information, RSVPs, event registrations and more. Forms can be customized and expanded to take on a variety of functions. A few examples I've witnessed include small businesses setting up order forms, small grantmakers creating grants application systems, volunteer organizations using Forms to better track volunteer interests/availability/etc. and researchers using Forms to gather information. Because it is part of Google, there is no need for additional sign up/set up, like with Survey Monkey. And, best of all, it's free to everyone!

Cons

If you're gathering a lot of information, the form can begin to get a bit cumbersome. To combat this, you have the option to create different sections or pages so it doesn't appear as one incredibly long form. In my opinion, it is also not as visually appealing as other survey and forms programs. You do have options, however, to change the color of the form, add graphics, etc. These minor critiques aside, there are not many cons about the program. Overall, it is functional, flexible, and no cost.

Emily from Anime Nebraskon

Need a way to get applicants, orders, or even a simple survey, this will work for you.

It's been an easy and helpful experience. This software makes the process of creating various forms and quizzes a breeze.

Pros

This software is free from Google and can easily be accessed through Google Drive. This software makes it simple when it comes to creating any type of form. Looking for volunteers? No problem. Need to make an order of T-shirts and don't want to lose any information? Boom, easily done. Got to make a quick quiz? No worries. Google Forms is friendly for anyone to use. The forms are also able to be made in advance without making them live right away. You can even make copies for them if you need the same form, but need to make slight changes to it over time, such as dates, additional content, etc. You can make your questions multiple choice, paragraph, short sentence, etc. You can even turn all the data you get into a Google Spreadsheet to look at the data all together in an organized manner. It's been a lifesaver for me when I need to gather people and select teams to do a task for me.

Cons

I can honestly say that I don't have anything I don't like about the software. The only improvement I would like to see is being able to edit them on your phone (there might be a separate app for that, but it would be nice to do it without the app if you are low on phone space).

Alan from Texas A&M University

Information Gathering with Elegance

My experience with Google Forms has been completely positive and benefitted all of my needs. The best part about the app is it’s ease of use and elegant layout. These characteristics alone are enough to satisfy a wide audience.

Pros

Google Forms provides every feature you need to quickly build a survey, questionnaire, RSVP, etc. within minutes. The built-in templates are a great way to start and the app provides plenty of flexibility to suit a variety of needs. The software provides multiple analytical tools but data can be easily downloaded and imported into any spreadsheet workbook program such as Excel.

Cons

The built-in response analytics could be improved to allow within-browser analysis. For example, individual responses can only be reviewed individually or as a summary. There are a limited number of fonts and the layout of response fields cannot be modified. This, however, can help those of us who have a hard time deciding from a plethora of options.

Let Forms simplify your information gathering

Google Forms is revolutionizing the way we collect data in a K12 environment. We are moving as many of our paper forms into Google Forms as possible because of the time savings and ease of use, not to mention printer savings. If you are a Google User, there's not many reasons I can think of to use other companies when it comes to surveying. Google Forms is a nice fit for most jobs.

Pros

Easy to setup. If you want to give quizzes, now has a quiz mode that can assign points to each question automatically and provide an answer key (for non-essay questions). Can embed into a webpage or email the link directly and allow people to fill out the form from the body of the email. Multiple ways to customize the theme and get the form looking the way you want. With 3rd party add-ons like Autocrat, you can generate very nice documents and email them automatically upon form submission. Embed photos and video right into the form. Create multiple section forms.

Cons

Question types are limited--would like to see a few more choices and the ability to create drag and drop questions with multiple answers. The graphs and charts in the responses aren't always the easiest to work with. They used to have a feature in the Google Sheet attached to each Form that would automatically generate a webpage with graphs and charts, but no longer. We miss that feature.

Jeheen Mahmood from Personas

The simplest form to get responses anywhere

I have been using this mostly for feedback and recruiting data collection at the office, and rather lightly. Though for a few personal projects I have been using it heavily. I have entire work process and campaigns built around their inputs.

Pros

This is the most intuitive form maker I have ever seen. To be honest, I havent seen many and used even less, especially after using this I stopped looking for others. The thing that I love most about this form builder is the simplicity and quickness. I have seen new recruits at the office, with 0 experience deploying their first form in minutes, and the best part, I didnt even have to train them The UI is plain, true, but they are easy to navigate and move around as needed. The usual feedback and data collection fields are all their. In fact I have seen them develop many new features over the year.

Cons

I'll be blunt. This is not the prettiest tool out there. I did saw several tool with head turning graphix, audio effect, GIFs and even video enabled forms. Compared to them, this is planin text with a few check-box or sliders. You can put a new header and theme color, but thats it. The form fields sometimes feel restricted, having custom fields would be great. But on the other hand, Google Form at its current format, works more than adequately. Its functionality is beyond question and met all my needs in more than 95% cases.

Paul from Ayala's Small Business Consulting

Easiest web form system for any site owner!

Web forms can be more powerful tools than a simple contact form. As a web developer, I use Google Forms to accept membership registrations, volunteer sign-ups, requests for various services, requests for technical support, and more. Since I also setup G Suits for nearly every website I develop, support for Google Forms is already available and integrated with Google Sheets. Everyone in the organization can access the data submitted through Google Forms and work with that data as necessary to complete their related tasks. And creating and embedding new Google Forms is so easy that everyone soon chooses to use them in their own individual posts to collect information from site viewers.

Pros

Google Forms are easy to create and embed into any website without having to install any third party plugin or write any code. Simply choose your field types and options, copy the embed code, and paste it into any HTML web page or content management system (CMS) like WordPress, Drupal, Joomla, SquareSpace, PageCloud, Blogger or any hosting site's builder. All entries are automatically recorded in a Google Sheets document for easy access and you can easily add columns to track responses/statuses or enter notes on each entry. Collaboration capabilities in Google Sheets (G Suites) also make it easy for teams to work with form data simultaneously.

Cons

The lack of multiple column formats is the only con I can think of. It would be nice to layout form fields in multiple columns on pages designed to be viewed in a landscape orientation, or to avoid a lengthy scroll to fill out a longer form when necessary. Perhaps formats that are more adaptable to various screen sizes would be better, especially if you do not prefer to add pagination to your forms.

James from Cannons Creek Independent School

Google Forms for Education

Overall, Google Forms provide an easy, user-friendly data collection tool. Our pupils find it easy to use when working in their Data-handling sections of Mathematics and Social Sciences. My least favourite thing to do as a teacher is marking and the selfmarking feature of Google Forms saves me enormous amounts of time.

Pros

I use Google Forms mainly to set up class quizzes and surveys. A form can be created quickly with many options for responses such as paragraph, multiple choice, checkboxes, drop-down menus, scales and more. I love the option to make a quiz that self marks responses for you. The integration with Google Classroom to import the results of a quiz is a bonus. Our sports department uses Google Forms to send out match notification and receive responses of student availability. The summary of responses is great to get a good overview of surveys. I find the way that the data can be linked to a Google Sheet very helpful.

Cons

As we share devices in a school. Often our pupils will open the Google Form link and will not see that the device is signed in under another pupil's name. Their response is then recorded under another pupil's login and cannot be imported into Google Classroom. I would love this product to have an auto reminder for those who haven't completed the Form.

Behzod from Texas Tech University

Need online forms? Search no other than Google Forms!

I switched my in-class quizzes from paper format to Google Forms and never regret it. During the class I just give my students shortened link to the form and students log in using either their laptops or cell phones. After the class I can easily view quiz results by exporting the results to Google Sheets. It makes grading so much easier, especially if you are coming from paper quizzes.

Pros

Here are the features that I like most: 1) Completely free. No ads, no paid extra features. 2) Automatic survey expiration time and date. You can also manually stop receiving new submissions. 3) You can require authorization or anyone with the survey link can fill out. 4) You can export survey results to Google Sheet with one click. You can also download the results in CSV file, that can be opened using MS Excel. 5) Ideal solution for paper waste reduction. 6) There is online support and discussion forums. Lots of places where you can seek for extra help: stackexchange or Google Groups. 7) All created forms are reusable. If you want to use the same form, than there is no need to create one. Either (i) copy/paste form in your Google Drive or (ii) You can delete all submissions with one click and then use the form again. 8) Your created forms can be viewed on mobile, tablets, desktops. Google will optimize forms depending your using device. 9) I've seen a lot of professional and reputable companies using Google Forms.

Cons

Google forms is already easy to use. But if you want to make more complex forms with different options, then it may require some research and practice. Help topics should provide enough information.

Ananth from National Institute of Engineering

Forms or surveys - all you need is a Google Form webware!

We in the beginning used SurveyMonkey but we found that the experience with Google Forms is much better. In fact, saving data and integrating your Google drive is also seamless. Google knows how to make use of its softwares at its best.

Pros

I think most of us have a Gmail or a Google account. One of the advantages of using Google Forms is - it just takes the authentication through our logged in gmail/google account. Its just as simple as that. Also forming surveys or forms from the webware is simple use of and knowing basic Internet skills. All of the data is saved. In fact we can do some basic analytics out of our answers. Hit your investors or collaborators with a Google Forms created form - get data out of them.

Cons

One of the light disadvantage of using Google Form is, it requires a working internet connection. No offline work is possible with this webware. Also sometimes we feel that the Forms options to customize is less and it could not be possible to create complicated or sophisticated forms out of it.

Simple and efficient survey tool

We will get some surveys from the client, from the students for some new innovative ideas in our construction field. this will be very use full to get a final conclusion with the responses and their ideas. not only for this, this is very useful to get individual details, likes dislikes and everything with minimum man power. i am highly satisfied with this product and recommend to others as well.

Pros

This is free at the same time to create a form you don't needs to be an expert. normal basic knowledge is enough to create a form by yourself. you can select the language, colour for your form. also, you can see a preview before we send the forms to others. you can create and send it form online and get the results or view the responses through online. no more physical distribution, collection and sorting out works.

Cons

There are some limitations if we are attaching the image or using more words. i don't the actual limits, but some time some images or words were not included in my forms,since it says the image size is larger. so i removed it and creates my forms. Google should consider this in their future. next one is to fill the form we needs to be in online. offline features should improve such as after we filled the whole form, user and upload it later when he wants to switch on the net.

Thomas from Self employed

Google Forms fits me best

Organization and time management are a breeze with Google Forms!

Pros

I own a small business and have 3 kids. Carpools and school events keep me busy enough. Then add on all the requirements of running a business. Feedback is essential to be a good dad and business owner. Google Forms is a parent and business owner's best friend. This week alone I have soccer, basketball, volleyball, choir and carpool responsibilities with the kids. With Google Forms I was able to solicit feedback from soccer parents as we collect money for a team gift. I used Forms to figure out how many rooms we would need for my son's away basketball tournament. I used Forms to collect money for robes for my daughter's choir. It's super easy to get feedback with forms. It's great for surveys but it's even better for organizing and collecting feedback on essential logistical items. I get most of my feedback from my business using forms as well. Every invoice I hand out or email I send has a link to a survey about my product. I have learned more about my business from the feedback received than any other vehicle. I get real-time feedback that helps me target my audience better and make tweeks to services. Seriously, it's that easy. Forms is my most valuable helper every day.

Cons

Nothing at all. Forms is all encompassing. I use it for everything!

Sheila from 2k2 Solutions

Perfect for Team Members who are scattered about

Using Google forms actually saved tons of time so that constant follow-ups with teams on the road did not have to be made. The forms made it enjoyable and easy for reluctant report-writers to submit much-needed data that was automatically accessed using a spreadsheet. Just easy and free.

Pros

Google Forms are available to anyone with a Gmail account and easily accessible. One great solution for gathering and tabulating data from a client's team members who were physically scattered about the country was getting them to use a form we set up in Google that made it very easy for the team to give us needed data on store visits, manager experiences, and so on. People on the road don't necessarily write up the best reports. But by giving them a form nicely laid out, easy to use, getting the info from them required very little effort once we figured out how to get them to respond. Also helpful was that the answers were then AUTOMATICALLY put into a spreadsheet that we could then work our magic on. I work with all kinds of forms in websites, but for small start-ups that need to be nimble and cheap, Google Forms was the way to go with one client. Easy enough to hook into a website and also use as-is without the site.

Cons

- Did not like how tough it was to tweak the styling of the forms. Very wooden feeling. There are many themes we could use and some customization allowed. So not a total loss.

Reasons for Choosing Google Forms

For this particular client, with a start-up budget, we were mindful of collecting lots of data and storing it on their website. We considered a plugins such as Gravity Forms (which is excellent), Contact Form 7, WP Forms, but ultimately wanted to give the members who were providing us info to have the simplest way to get the forms, submit the forms. And for us to deal with the data, and not worry about exceeding storage capacity on small hosting plans.

Melodee from Episcopal Health Foundation

Industry: Philanthropy

Simple platform to create surveys, registration forms, and more!

We run a number of programs which require us to obtain feedback from stakeholders, whether it be event sign up, feedback for coming strategic initiatives, basic surveys on knowledge and attitudes, etc. This has been a great collection tool and collaborative space for team members to offer or make suggested edits and also view responses in real-time without waiting for a status report.

Pros

+ I like that the software is completely free and has many of the features other platforms have + The ability to change the format/look of the forms, which is useful when doing a poll versus a survey versus an event registration + I appreciate the integration with Google Sheets to auto populate responses + In the new format, I like the ability to view individual responses as a page + Real-time collaboration

Cons

- I'm still learning the new google forms which has been a change after using the old format for so long, but the look is definitely better - I'd like to see more logic or if, then options for surveys. I often want to add questions such as "If yes, then" but don't want the respondent to see those if they aren't applicable - A variety of templates to use based on the type of feedback is being collected, it's good enough given the platform is free. But more variety would be great.

Cristine from Far Eastern University

Google Forms for Technical Supports

I actually like the fact that it is powered by a cloud storage, Google Cloud, making it accessible to everyone. Also, it allows us to make sure that only students, faculty and employees with a designated university Gmail can use the form, by signing in to their university Gmail prior to making a request. Very secured!

Pros

Google Forms is a versatile application that enable users to create a form, questionnaire or data gathering sheets that can contain various formats. While specifically working project-based, as a web developer in charge of the university's Policy Center, I also work full time as a member of the IT support team. We are the ones whom students, employees and professors call for help whenever there is a technical problem in classrooms, offices and the auditorium. Google forms was our way of receiving official and recorded requests from them. There is a link accessible to everyone in school and they are directed to our Google Form, where they could specify the issue, the help they need and their current location inside the campus. Once a request is received from a submitted Google form, our head IT assigns it to the nearest IT office located where the assistance is needed.

Cons

I like everything that Google forms has to offer because it really is helpful in any nature of company or business. It is a perfect aid for workspaces, and so it's simply amazing!

Ugur from Zebra City

Amazing Free Tool

Google forms is the most easy to use and reliable form software. Competitors may have advanced features but this free to use program is capable of satisfying the needs of the majority.

Pros

The product is simple and easy to use. It looks like a simple form but you can customize the form data. The data then seamlessly transfers to google sheets, where you can visualize and manage. You can also choose from many templates for quick use. Moreover, the app allows you to send responses to participants and create simple question links.

Cons

The software lacks logic chains. Logic chains would allow users to make jumps between questions based on their answers. That would be a great addition to this software and would make many pay2use programs obsolete.

Price.

Aijaz Ahmad from BLDEA'S COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING AND TECHNOLOGY, VIJAYAPUR

Industry: Civil Engineering

Collection of data was never so easy

Taking quiz or assignment test was never so easy in the classroom. Not only for teaching purpose but for every thing which require collection of data Google forms is the best option. With simple interface formatting of questions is very easy. Google form link shortened and shared via email or whatsapp. For any organisation having a large number of employees data collection will be very difficult but with this Google form only a simple link can does the work.

Pros

It is the simplest way to collect the data analyse the results. The user interface is very simple even first time user can use it without any difficulty. Response validation is always awesome as we can get the answers in the format which we require. There are predefined type of questions which helps us to format the questions. It also analyses the results and uses in the form of pie charts or graph. The best thing about this is output is excel. Mobility of Google forms is awesome. Mobile interface is better than web interface and very easy. We can also add other people to check the results.

Cons

More type of questions should be added in Google form. Excel output is not in the format. Taking pictures in Google form is a very good option but the result output should be improved.

Adam from Consult and Design

Google Forms are a simple option but maybe lack features

Overall Google Forms is great for simple information gathering and processing when integrated with Google Sheets.

Pros

Google forms are super easy to use, they're free and the allow you to collect data in a quick, easy and attractive way. If you need to collect some data from your partners or clients, Google forms is a good option.

Cons

Google forms lacks quite a bit in functionality compared to the likes of WooForms or SurveyMonkey - however to be fair, they are focussing on doing the simple jobs really well, and on that they do great.

Reasons for Choosing Google Forms

Simple and easy to access.

Rahul from DealsShutter

Industry: Information Services

Easy to integrate & implement with almost every feature for creating surveys and quizes

My overall experience is excellent as this tool has become an essential component of my running projects. The collection of data has become so easy and time saving.

Pros

I am running a website of my Educational Institute where I have implemented Google Forms for creating weekly quizzes and site surveys for students and visitors. I must say that the interface of creating forms is so easy with almost every feature you require, either it's multiple type question or single selection, almost every selection is available. No codes, no thinking too much, just prepare the forms and integrate with your project. The best parts of Google forms are it's flexibility, easy customisation and very user friendly interface. In customisation you can easily convert your collected data into graph sheets for analysing purpose and make use of it to increase productivity. I have even built my custom form tool before but after using Google forms has simply decrease the development time with more than expected outcome. Obviously! It's the best tool so far for Online form creation.

Cons

As of now what requirements I have for my running projects are all getting fulfilled by this tool and I am not facing any kind of issue in it but I must say that developers should provide some options to customise forms look and feel as most of the forms are so simple. Otherwise there is always a plus point if you are a developer and know web designing to customise the forms using your own innovation. Rest every is handled by Google Forms.

Aubree from Protective Insurance

Easy Survey Program to Use

Google Forms is a great product that allows me to be able to send out surveys from anywhere being signed into my Google Drive account. You can export them into a Google spreadsheet and analyze the data from just about anywhere since they are saved out on the Google Drive which you can access from anywhere with internet.

Pros

I love the way you can export the results into a Google spreadsheet to be able to easily analyze the results. There is also a timestamp with these results which make timeliness and deadlines easier to make sure they met the requirements. You can export them into a Google spreadsheet and analyze the data from just about anywhere since they are saved out on the Google Drive which you can access from anywhere with internet.

Cons

I dislike the ability to create your own format for the surveys. There is a wide variety of question format options such as short answer, paragraph, multiple choice, drop down or check boxes but you can only choose the pre-formatted options which is great when you are wanting something simple. I am also unsure if you can receive answers anonymously with Google Forms. This is a downfall when you are wanting to get anonymous answers from coworkers or individuals.

Kevin from Auth0

A Robust Forms Tool

Overall, Google Forms is a solid tool, but it does lack some minimal functionality.

Pros

From surveys to intake forms to everything in between, Google Forms is a very robust tool. Some things I like: - It's integrated directly with your Google Account - It's in the cloud, enabling multiple users on multiple devices to collaborate on the same document at the same time. - Users can submit responses based on their own email address, or anonymously. - Logic tree function ensures the minimum amount of fields are presented to the user. - View survey results in multiple ways - from the sum of all results, to individual results, to an exported sheet. - Easy to access embed code to place forms directly on a webpage.

Cons

The only real cons I've noticed with Google Forms are: - Integration into other applications can be limited. That is, there is not a native way to submit a form and create a ticket within a third party project management system. - The design customizations are limited. It's difficult to get forms to be designed in a way that doesn't shout "Google Form" - There is no way to embed images or videos into the forms.

Displaying 1 - 50 of 4,803 reviews