• icon"It is simple to download results to share. I get great response rates through this platform (better than other platforms I use)."
  • icon"It's really easy to learn , not a steep learning curve. We use it across the board and makes surveying very simple and not tedious like it used to be."
  • icon"It is easy to format surveys, and includes useful features such as skip logic and many different options for question types."
  • icon"Preview can be awkward, but that may be more due to unfamiliarity with the interface."
  • icon"I have used this software for more than a decade. The newer versions of it are more difficult and less intuitive than previous versions, especially in survey analysis and report creation."

Browse all SurveyMethods Reviews

• Have you used SurveyMethods and would like to share your experience with others?

Andy

Easy to use survey software with strong analytical tools

We have used this for a large variety of information gathering needs. We survey parents about their experience in our school. We conduct board and staff surveys to evaluate their work experience and the work of our administration. Students use the survey to learn the basics of online survey approaches. When we have a meeting to schedule with somewhat complicated parameters, we use Survey Methods.

Pros

Intuitive interface. Offers many survey question methods, ranging from the simplest input to more involved, responses allowing scoring and multi factor correlation. Strong, graphically-oriented reporting options Transfers data easily to MSWord, PDF, Excel for further analysis. Various confidentiality options. Allows categorization of email respondents. Allows many style templates. Allows quick vs. more involved editing of questions.

Cons

Because of the many features offered, the program can take a bit of time to explain to other employees. This is to be expected, however, from any program.

Maria

Educational Program Evaluation using Survey Methods

On the whole, I really appreciate all of the options Survey Methods offers. We are currently designing surveys to be implemented by a client who uses another survey platform, which makes us appreciate Survey Methods all the more. Until recently we did not know Survey Methods had new ownership. We had set up for automatic invoicing, which didn't work this year. This involved a phone call and many emails, where the new staff was very responsive. I'd say the biggest problem as we are an educational non-profit is that our annual cost has more than tripled and we had to reduce the number of survey accounts for our organization.

Pros

We've been using Survey Methods for 12 years to gather qualitative and quantitative data to support educational program implementation, and it's been an incredibly useful platform. It is easy to format surveys, and includes useful features such as skip logic and many different options for question types. Our respondents are often protected by an IRB, which makes the anonymity guarantee essential. We're a able to provide a link to our IRB survey consent form in the survey web greeting. Some of our surveys can be time-intensive, so we also appreciate the "Save and Resume" option.

Cons

We always use the survey URL to launch, and sometimes the link the doesn't work and we need to include instructions for pasting the link in a browser, and that can be frustrating when our clients are disseminating the link. I feel it reflects poorly on our abilities to help them collect data. In terms of reporting, I'd like to see more options for Survey Methods generated graphics. We often have to take the quantitative data and create our own interesting representations for reports. I'd also like to see more interesting options for the look of the surveys. We're able to insert logos, which is great, as well as customize the colors, but it would be nice to have some preset ones that are more attractive. In our survey design process we go through several iterations as we include our clients' feedback to get the most relevant data for them. Often we'll format in Survey Methods and send them the link to try it out, other times it is more useful to generate a word doc from Survey Methods and ask them to edit it digitally. The word docs are incredibly awkward in their formatting, and can get wonky when you try to move things around. Is there a way to create word docs without the table formatting?

Reasons for switching to SurveyMethods

Survey Methods was more useful for collecting and analyzing data from big respondent pools, and offered more features.

Response from Survey Methods

Thank you for the review. Over the coming months you will see more reporting options as that is one of the areas we're focusing on. We aim to be the best value in the market and do provide significant discounts for educational and not-for-profit organizations.

Jason

Industry: Food Production

Great software for research and marketing

I really love this software and would recommend. Customer service is wonderful and I get back timely feedbacks that are useful to.

Pros

What I love most about this software is that it’s easy to set up and use. Takes little to no time in creating and editing surveys. The dashboard that consist of the surveys is easy to understand.

Cons

The price is a bit too much. Other than that I really don’t find any problem that I have with this software.

An important tool for our business

We have been using SurveyMethods for over 10 years. The system has been reliable, which is critical when you are relying on a third-party product to represent you to your clients. Support has been responsive whenever we have had questions and is very open to listening to suggestions for enhancements.

Pros

The ease of exporting the survey results so that we could do custom analysis has been the key to our leadership assessment and 360-degree survey offerings. It also scales nicely for when we need to just push out a 10 question survey quickly with a little bit of page logic. Finally, our clients like the suspend/resume feature so they can come back to an in-flight survey to complete it if they get interrupted.

Cons

The service is pretty robust. There are a few small feature requests we have made that will hopefully be considered for the future, but there are no major issues we have to tolerate to get our work done.

Reasons for choosing SurveyMethods

Cost entry point when we were beginning our poll/survey services. Allowed us to develop this capability and customize our analysis without making a big commitment. We had very good support to help us get going and the exported survey result data fit easily into the templates we were already developing.

Response from Survey Methods

Thank you for the review. SurveyMethods continually ads new features and functionality based on our customer's feedback.

Replied January 2021

Lindsey

Industry: Machinery

SurveyMethods is a phenomenal tool

We love SurveyMethods. It is very low cost while being a high performing tool. When we choose to use SurveyMethods for one of our projects I am relieved because I know it will be easy and I will get the data I need.

Pros

This software is easy to use. It only takes me a few minutes to create and edit surveys, even while live! The survey dashboard is easy to understand. It is simple to download results to share. I get great response rates through this platform (better than other platforms I use). The cost is so low and the programmers and support personnel are quick to respond. We use this platform for market research surveys as well as annual components of our overarching VoC program.

Cons

I would love it if SurveyMethods had a full NPS suite and data dashboard capabilities and global no-send rules :).

Reasons for choosing SurveyMethods

SurveyMethods is easy to use and the people are easy to work with. We purchased it for a survey here and there and it has become a much bigger tool. I highly recommend them!

Response from Survey Methods

Thank you for the review and feedback. We continually add new features and functionality based on our customer's feedback.

D Scott

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Great functionality and customer support

We have used Survey methods to do research for articles and white papers and to support a variety of selection processes

Pros

Cons

I am satisfied and have no problems. I have used SurveyMethods for several years, and am very satisfied with the ease and flexibility of this service to make a wide variety of surveys. In addition, on a few occasions where I had to reach out to customer support, they were extremely responsive and helpful.

Reasons for choosing SurveyMethods

More professional looking; better functionality

Response from Survey Methods

Thank you for the review! We're always eager to help our customers get the most out of the survey application to support their business or mission!

Replied August 2020

Elizabeth

Survey Methods is the best!

We have been extremely pleased with both the software product itself, as well as the customer care we've received. As user friendly as the product is, I still had questions and needed a little "hand holding" at first. I cannot say enough wonderful things as to how painless an experience we've had with this company!

Pros

Extremely user friendly! Converts reports to Word easily. When a survey is live, you can watch it change as it's happening. Wonderful customer service! Affordable pricing.

Cons

I think everyone would always like to be able to edit/tweak reports more than a company allows, so this isn't really a "con" as much as it is a reality. We are provided ready-made reports, and we must utilize them as they come.

Reasons for choosing SurveyMethods

It appeared to be an affordable product for use in an educational institution (for teachers, administrators, and students), user friendly, and with great customer support.

Response from Survey Methods

We appreciate the feedback and your review. Thank you!

Debra

Great survey tool for nonprofit organization

As a small nonprofit, we use the software for registration for meetings and doing surveys to get input from people who participate in our activities. It is very important to have a tool that is simple for the end user to complete and for the administrator to implement and get reports. I have found that it is a superior tool to the Constant Contact service that we use to have.

Pros

Survey Methods is easy to use and provides great reports that are easy to generate.

Cons

I haven't found any negatives with the software.

Reasons for choosing SurveyMethods

I have found that it is a superior tool for reporting and ease of use than Constant Contact service that we use to have.

Reasons for switching to SurveyMethods

Cost of Constant Contact increased. I used Survey Methods that another nonprofit had use for their registration and researched it and found it better than Constant Contact and also free for nonprofit accounts.

Response from Survey Methods

Thanks for the feedback Debra! We are happy that the application is working well for you but please don't hesitate to reach out with any suggestions or questions.

Replied August 2019

Vince

Much better than the what I had been using for years

I designed a self-assessment survey for sales skills. That is the primary need I have for a survey creation software program. I was able to convert the assessment instrument I had with another vendor to the SurveyMethods platform in about 20 minutes with no problems. I also now have the need to host Voice of the Customer surveys for one of my clients and I expect SurveyMethods will meet and/or exceed all of my expectations.

Pros

Ease of use and the better value than SurveyMethods' chief competitor--I'll bet you know who it is, too. The software has all the functionality I need and the fact that I can get a live person to answer my questions is a huge plus.

Cons

Nothing really...except I wish I had known about it much earlier

Reasons for choosing SurveyMethods

The decision to switch was a no brainer for me. Met all my needs and it was less costly than what I was using.

Reasons for switching to SurveyMethods

SurveyMonkey kept on raising their prices even though my needs and requirements hadn't changed in over ten years.

Response from Survey Methods

Thank you for the review. We value your business, let us know if we can be of assistance anytime!

Easy to Use Survey Tool

We’re very happy that we switched from SurveyMethods and have had no major issues while saving a lot of money. Customer support has been very helpful in solving any minor issues we encountered.

Pros

Extremely user-friendly survey tool. Good value. We switched from SurveyMonkey due to cost and were able to build and launch our surveys in a few minutes.

Cons

Doesn’t have all the bells and whistles of SurveyMonkey but we didn’t use most of them anyway.

Reasons for switching to SurveyMethods

Combination of price and features

Mei-Chia

Great Software for Research and Team Work

I think this is a great survey platform overall. It's relatively powerful and very affordable. The customer service SurveyMethods offers is also wonderful. Me and my colleagues have been quite satisfied with the platform and we look forward to being able to test more advanced features when they are available.

Pros

The team share feature makes it easy to collaborate between colleagues without the worry of messing records up, as only one user could have the edit right at a time.

Cons

I wish we'd be able to program the variable names in. Having this feature would really enhance the software capacity, as it'll help reduce the data cleaning time. I also know this is a feature currently unavailable from many popular survey platforms although it's in high demand. From this perspective, a platform with the capability of programming variable names in would really help distinguish itself from many other competitors. Also, it would be great if the platform could have the capability of "dynamic display" (i.e., skip logic built into a survey page where the right follow-up question(s) would pop-up on the same page of where the preceding question is displayed).

Reasons for choosing SurveyMethods

Primarily budget consideration and overall value of the product

Team share capability; Cost; Overall value;

Response from Survey Methods

We're in a fortunate position to be able to serve a wide range of survey needs from simple to complex. Thank you for your feedback!

larry

This is the best

My experience with Survey Methods spans over 15 years. In that time, I have never had an issue. My applications are key to my business model, not just a study from time to time. In all these years, I have never had a hiccup with Survey Methods. That to me is an outstanding record. This program is flexible, stable and functional.

Pros

The ability to configure your study is awesome. In addition, the processability to see progress of the study allows you to make necessary adjustments. It always works as you expect it to. Along with the ease of use, this is the best program of its type for any time of study from the most sophisticated to the simplest of studies. Finally, the cost/value equation for Survey Methods is the best in the industry.

Cons

There just are no issues with this software or the company. The improvements in the interface over the past few months have all been excellent.

Jenny

Survey Methods is a user-friendly and comprehensive survey tool generating easy-to-read results.

Using Survey Methods, our school was able to disperse questionnaires to all stakeholders of our community, and to use the data collected and analyzed through the software to further our organization's visions and goals. It was an essential tool for us during our school's accreditation process, and we relied heavily on the software to collect the necessary information for our school to successfully get accredited. Survey Methods provides free services for educational purposes, and this aspect of its giving back to the larger community is definitely worth praising. We have worked with Survey Methods for more than 5 years and find that the company continues to add features to make this tool ever the more useful and easy-to-use. It's very user-friendly and intuitive in its application. I highly recommend this tool to anyone who frequently has the need to conduct surveys.

Pros

It is relatively easy and intuitive to set up questionnaires in Survey Methods, which provides options of anonymity of the interviewees. One feature that I especially like is that it allows you to download the results in various formats so that you can easily analyze the data collected. In addition, there are various types of charts and graphs for data display which makes publishing the results a very simple process.

Gary

Staying in tune with our membership

Survey Methods is used to access our members views, needs and priorities to allow us to better represent them. We also use it to allow for our organisation to democratically represent its members, ensuring that all members have an equal say no matter where they are or what shifts they work.

Pros

We are a member driven organisation that works over a large geographical area and with members on 24/7 rosters. Survey Methods allows us to get detailed feedback from our members at a time and place that is convenient to them. The interface is simple to use, woks across multiple platforms and has the flexibility to do more than just simple surveys.

Cons

As a small not for profit with variable usage it would be nice to have more pricing options, perhaps a fee per use.

Reasons for choosing SurveyMethods

Better features such as anonymous surveys and prevention of multiple votes

Better features

Response from Survey Methods

Thank you for the feedback and suggestions. We continually look for new ways to provide value to our customers. Happy to hear we're helping your organization.

Andy

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Surveymethods is a very powerful and full featured survey program. We use it regularly.

Surveymethods allows us to evaluate our administration, our school services, major proposals requiring customer (parent) or staff input, and review the results in easy to digest reports, or with MS Excel. We think it does really well, and respondents generally find it easy to use.

Pros

SurveyMethods has a lot of capabilities and flexibility. We use it for staff and customer (parent) feedback, evaluations, student data gathering projects, staff opinion gathering for major decisions. We like that we can put together many different types of questions for various situations, and receive the data in several different formats (word, pdf, xls, etc). It allows us to do surveys that target specific people via email and remind them as many times as we want if they haven't responded. It also allows us to categorize responses by department, and many more subdivisions if needed. I'm fairly sure we don't use all of its capabilities but we really appreciate all of the functionality we use.

Cons

We've been using the software for at least 6 years now, and we find the interface relatively intuitive. For new users, we do have to get them acquainted with the key features and controls, which are many. I wouldn't say this is a complaint because this is to expected from a program that allows a lot of customization, output variables, confidentiality settings, outreach settings, etc.

Jerrold

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Company survey

Helps me to provide useful feedback to organizations on executive performance and employee engagement. The tool is great; the report creation is cumbersome at best.

Pros

The support I received from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. He and his associates helped me through some major difficulties in report creation. I can't say enough about [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]: his sincere concern for me as a customer; and his excellent follow-up on all issues. he is a top level employee.

Cons

I have used this software for more than a decade. The newer versions of it are more difficult and less intuitive than previous versions, especially in survey analysis and report creation. What I was able to do before in 15-30 minutes took me hours, and I finally had to reach out for support.

Reasons for choosing SurveyMethods

Price and what I assumed was ease of use. If the video on report creation had been made available to me initially, things may have gone more easily.

HS