All Asana Reviews

Asana Review: One Project Manager to Rule All

Alwin

Printing, 201-500 employees

Review of Asana

We use Asana at present to oversee Projects and Business Management inside the organization. It is a magnificent tool to permit both my clients and Users to see the improvement and see what is missing and where something in the pipeline. It additionally has extraordinary reminder tools. It is perfect as far as we're concerned to fulfill time constraints, further develop proficiency and responsibility inside the organization.

PROS

Asana permits clients to report whole task at one spot. This incorporates documentation, everyday advancement, adding important assets. Asana additionally permits individuals administrators to dissect the general proficiency of the direct reportees by survey the venture subtleties in intuitive way. Asana additionally gives device to structures that assists us with making studies or assemble required data in a simple manner. All Correspondence towards a tasks (Likewise Sub-tasks) in one spot Following responsibility and progress of each errand Customization and slack Incorporation

CONS

At the point when I'm a User with clients I really want to open another window for client. While utilizing the application it generally attempts to open in browser while clicking anything.

Renewables & Environment, 11-50 employees

Reviewed June 2024

Asana is streamlining how tasks, workflows and projects are managed.

Asana experience is just fantastic and amazing. It is a product worth purchasing for managing workflows and projects.

PROS

Firstly, I love not only the simplicity but also the robustness that comes with Asana. I am able to manage and be in track with all my tasks and projects as well as communicate and collaborate with workmates simultaneously without experiencing hitches. Asana is easily accessible and allows for remote working. Available for both smartphones, Pcs and web.

CONS

I have not come across a problem worth addressing, Asana has high usability and provides fantastic results.

Reasons for switching to Asana

I was looking for a platform with many inbuilt features that support not only management of tasks and projects but also file sharing, collaborative platform at a friendly pricing and Asana was the solution that made me switch from Teamwork and I do not regret a bit.

Nomusa

Design, 1 employee

Used monthly for less than 2 years

Reviewed May 2024

Manager daily tasks and complete your project with Asana

I really enjoyed Asana if only it was inexpensive

PROS

Use project sections, tags, and custom fields to organize tasks based on categories, priorities, status, or phases. This helps in structuring and managing tasks effectively

CONS

Provides some customization options such as custom fields, project templates, and task views, but it's more limited compared to ClickUp.

Rob

Oil & Energy, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2024

Charged me 4 months x $150 after telling them to cancel it...and would not refund

The app is quite good .... the customer service leaves a LOT to be desired!! They billed my card 4 times ($150 per time) when it was supposed to have been switched temporarily to a free account. I was talked into this versus canceling. Well, now it IS canceled! I will fight for my $600 back. They charged my card without authorization. Their service dept was useless. They caused me more hours of work to dig through all my old emails and still did not refund....... worse, the gal I was emailing with told me there was no way to escalate my claim!! .......... BEWARE!!!!!

Reason for choosing Asana

looked like a good product and was happy with the free trial version

Used monthly for less than 2 years

Reviewed February 2024

Asana is exponentially better than Monday

Asana has been a consistent, tried and true product for me that I can depend on when I need it. Their customer support is friendly and responsive, and you can tell they are genuinely trying to help you.

PROS

Asana does it's job well, but it takes a while to get used to the platform. It is a bit messy looking and can be difficult to figure out how to set up for first time users.

CONS

Mainly it's not 'super' user friendliness when first setting up, but once you figure it out it becomes a bit easier.

Reasons for switching to Asana

I purchased a Monday.com subscription for $600+/yr mid January, 2024. Since then (it's been about 4 weeks) the platform has had 3 outages affecting my work for multiple days, causing me to lose information, and now they're having technical problems with their UX/HTML. The customer support there only offers the advice to test my internet speed, restart my computer, and frequently "check their status page". Asana, on the other hand, has extremely supportive and friendly customer support, and in the 5+ years i've been on and off using Asana, I have never once experienced an "outage" or problems with their platform. The only problems I have had have been me not knowing how to do something and then support helping me through it. Asana's prices are cheaper than most of their competitors as well and you can find *REAL* customer reviews of Asana online, such as this one, compared to, once again, Monday, who only offers "real" customer reviews on their website - all positive of course and none mentioned the consistent black outs. ASANA IS THE MVP - i just need to figure out how to use their features for my own work flow a bit better.

DENNIS KUBAI

Financial Services, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed May 2024

Multiple Projects Management,Team and Projects Collaboration and Online Billing Expertise

Reliability on cloud PM, TM and task management. Internal departmental cloud meetings scheduling and rescheduling.

PROS

How I easily monitor,commence and track several projects at the same time. Cloud team collaboration thro' BIM persistent chats. File sharing and content management. Subscription billing and invoicing. Online products and services branding and promotions as well as E-marketing campaign. Workflow Management, tasks updating, editing and online proofing. Impressive architecture and web-user-interface design expertise.

CONS

I would just double thumb Asana's products vendor.

Reasons for switching to Asana

Asana possess intrusive GUI and UI dashboard and architecture in comparison to previous products we had used before. Additionally,it has more unique advanced features adaptive to it performance.

Nathan

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

On the fence

Positive. I think if you can make use of all it has to offer, it has virtually limitless uses. Integration with other systems is easy too. I do recommend Asana if budget isn't an issue to your business.

PROS

I feel like it's a premium version of Trello. It's marmite too, everybody I've spoken to either prefers one or the other. I like how customisable it is.

CONS

I feel like it could implement more accessibility features. I also don't like how the pricing on their website is a little misleading. I also feel it's too expensive, though to the right people with the right projects, it can be a game changer.

Reasons for switching to Asana

Needed additional functionality. Trello, whilst free, does have paid features, but it didn't have what we needed at the time.

1 employee

Reviewed May 2024

Versatile, flexible, delight to manage work remotely

Saves a lot of time going back and forth with project updates and reviews management.

PROS

I enjoy using Asana for delegating tasks across departments within companies I work with. My work is project based, and when my clients already use Asana, the onboarding process simply becomes 10x faster. I like how Asana makes the complexity of task and project management simple.

CONS

My only issue is clicking on the 'Complete task' button by mistake when trying to close the task card or rename the task (in an already scrolled position)

Reasons for switching to Asana

Trello tends to get messy and Asana is just more suitable for bigger teams.

Reviewed May 2024

Asana is a great tool for remote teams

PROS

What I like the most is that it allows remote teams to work harmoniously and keep everyone focused on the priority task at hand. I like that we can tag anyone in our Asana account if we need anything from them to keep the project going.

CONS

What I didn't like is, it's missing the real-time chat option, we can just tag each other but we have to use Slack for chatting purposes.

Reasons for switching to Asana

Not really helpful for our team, price is not right for the features available

A falling leader

I think it's good. It's a great stepping stone for those just entering the realm of project management.

PROS

I like the simplicity. We transitioned to ClickUp, but newcomers to the company use Asana for their first 6 months as they get the hand of a project management software and get trained weekly on click up.

CONS

The lack of automation, and the fact that's hard to build a very custom and complex workflow without the excessive use of APIs

Reasons for switching to Asana

We were looking for something simpler for our average employee

Shishir

Higher Education, 51-200 employees

Closer Look at Asana

My overall experience with Asana has been positive. It's helped me stay organized and on top of my tasks, which has reduced my stress levels. I appreciate how easy it is to break down big projects into smaller steps and assign tasks to team members.

PROS

Sure! Here's a draft in easy language: I really liked how Asana makes it easy to organize tasks. You can break down big projects into smaller steps, which helps me stay focused. It's also great that I can see what everyone on my team is working on, so we can stay coordinated. Plus, the reminders and notifications keep me on track, so I don't forget anything important. Overall, Asana just makes managing tasks simpler and less stressful.

CONS

One thing I didn't like about Asana is that it can feel a bit overwhelming at first. There are so many features and options that it takes some time to learn how to use them all effectively. Also, while the basic version is free, some of the more advanced features require a paid subscription, which might not be feasible for everyone. Lastly, while the notifications are helpful, they can sometimes be too frequent and distract me from what I'm working on.

Tom

Design, 2-10 employees

Reviewed July 2019

Asana a great work management tool

the overall experience of asana is very goo, its a well built and well designed system that I can imagine I will be using for a long time to come.

PROS

one of the things that stands out to me as a designer, is intact the UI. love the colours and the features of the system. also its a nice touch adding in the little animations when tasks are completed

CONS

the only think I would say I sometimes have an issue with is the emails that I receive from the system. every now and then I will get an email that has a title but has no information about the overarching task, it would be very helpful if you could add in a parent task description or even an excerpt to just to give you some relevance to what the ticket is about

Reason for choosing Asana

although Jira is a very robust system the ui wasn't very appealing and for the office it cos a lot more to implement

Reasons for switching to Asana

I like the cards design in troll however it very quickly got out of hand with the amount of tickets we had on the go at the same time

Ronald

Marketing and Advertising, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed January 2021

The tool you knew you needed

Asana has helped us to improve processes and communications. With the team clearly seeing where they're getting involved and also being notified of when they must jump in, productivity has increased. We can clearly track projects, small or large, and leave notes and questions whenever it's needed. Our corporation decided to stop using other tools and switch to Asana. The first steps were a bit rough but in a week everybody started to share the things they were learning and 2 weeks later everybody was used to it. With every chance we have we use it for more complex tasks and projects, and so far we are really thankful for the change. I must say that if we were a small company we probably wouldn't need all the flexibility Asana offers. Some of the competitors are more than enough for a small portion of the cost. But if your team is big enough and projects are very complex and frequent, Asana is the right tool for you to simplify it all as you always dreamed of.

PROS

I'm in love with its ability to easily track and manage projects that have many actors and tasks/subtasks. It includes all you need, from timeline to unlimited file sharing. It can be as good as a replacement for long email threads. In here you can keep al focused in the individual parts. The fact that you can have sections, tasks and subtasks also allows you to divide a project into phases/areas/modules, have a responsible for each and they can individually plan their tasks and subtasks. This won't remove the possibility of adding dependencies between sections and areas. Instead, it will give you the freedom to plan ahead from top to bottom. Beautiful! You can always reference other people, tasks, etc. and whenever these get renamed, all the references will instantly update. It's absolutely flexible: if you close a task by accident you can undo it. Actually, you can undo everything! No risk of breaking the entire project with a missclick.

CONS

The only downside I can find so far is that it doesn't have a private message feature. It does have a Conversations section but these are visible to everybody. This represents a challenge in case some sensitive information must be shared or discussed. I'm not really sure if this is by design since visibility is a clear goal for Asana, but it's a feature that you will probably start searching for really quick. However, if you are using Asana or some other internal chat tool you'll be covered. The other "kind of" downside is that Asana is so vast an good that it can take a while to get all the basic tricks, but no doubt it's probably the best documented application I've used, so it's just a matter of a bit of patience and searching when you want to know how to do something. The team still shares tips from time to time of things they discover and it's been a great experience.

Reasons for switching to Asana

Corp. request. We wanted to centralize all the management tools in only one.

Diane

Insurance, 201-500 employees

Reviewed June 2021

Asana Changed my Entire Approach to Work

This software helped me keep my job. With numerous complex tasks and projects and rapidly changing priorities, follow-up tasks were slipping through the cracks. Once I started using Asana, I felt confident to take on the most complex projects and job duties without becoming overwhelmed.

PROS

It's easy to jump right in and start working with this, even while you are still learning the interface. It does take a little time to get to know the program so that you know how you want to organize your tasks and projects. I was using lists and spreadsheets to manage my projects previously and some aspects were slipping through the cracks. It allows for easy use by multiple team members without overlap or stepping on each others work. It has completely changed my ability to manage every detail of a project and has substantial flexibility to adapt it as you see fit. There are so many things I like about this software that it's hard to name just one thing that I like most.

CONS

I would like to be able to see the Project that a subtask is part of in the "My Tasks" view instead of that field being blank. It may be due to using the free version that this is not available. I also can't view the priorities in the "My Tasks" view, but I worked around that by creating "tags" with colored numbers, red 1, yellow 2, green 3, etc.

Reason for choosing Asana

Our budget was tight, so Asana's long-term free option (as opposed to a short trial) put it over the top. It has the features we need to complete projects within our small team.

Luciano

Information Technology and Services, 1 employee

Reviewed July 2021

I can't do without it

I can both get a general overview and overview of my activities, as well as more detail and focus on the point tasks I need to solve in relation to a large task. It allows you to break into subtasks so that you always have more control and precision.

PROS

Asana has been for me the simplest, fastest and most intuitive tool that allows me to keep order in the various activities of my work.

CONS

I would love it if it included the ability to use a "flow chart" mode that would allow you to group and use the various items in a different, more logical way.

Reason for choosing Asana

The board view is simple, fast, intuitive and allows me a quick organization of content. Also other tools have this view, however in Asana I find that it is managed in an optimal way.

Reasons for switching to Asana

I'm always looking for tools that can help me simplify my work life.

Sim

Entertainment, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed November 2021

Perfect Project Management Software

We could easily organize a small team with Asana, create sub task of larger projects and assign responsibilities.

PROS

Very easy to use and understand Versatile in its functionalities Good templates for 1:1 or any other possibility to organize your tasks with your manager or team Good free functionality Lifesaving reminders! And unicorn rewards for finishing tasks

CONS

It is not as userfriendly when trying to attach pictures / files, as other programs. Not everything can be dragged an dropped. Sometimes it is a bit fiddly when trying to move tasks to other groups

Reason for choosing Asana

Most easy to use Good prior experience

Reasons for switching to Asana

Asana is more versatile than trello boards for organizing. Asana even has the same functinality + many others

Reviewed April 2022

The power of Kanban: meet Asana!

I’m pretty happy happy with Asana, it was a game changer when we started to work with third parties. The workflow management is impeccable. Since we’re working with people outside the company, is very important that everyone have the same decision-making power, and Asana provides that.

PROS

My company use Asana when working with partners, so we need a perfect software to integrate, communicate and delegate tasks with people outside the company, and Asana checks all the boxes. A calendar is provided to integrate with our mail and it is very easy to use, we use as an agenda, so everybody, including partners outside the company, knows what everyone should do and when they should do it. It has a nice mobile interface, which is very important to me as non-friendly technology user, I’ve never had any problems managing my team with my smartphone. The features provided are incredible, especially to integration with other programs.

CONS

It took a little bit of time to adapt to Asana, we use Trello for internal management, but Asana is way more complete when it comes to work with people outside your work environment. It lacks on notification customization, but this won’t affect on any level of management at all.

Reasons for switching to Asana

We use Trello for internal management, but Asana is more complete on features and integrations to work with people outside our work environment

Siokas

Research, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed June 2022

A useful management tool for demanding organizations

The tool helped the teams organize their tasks in a comprehensive manner that allowed them to be more efficient and effective.

PROS

The features available and theability to integrate external tools.

CONS

The interface is something I amnot used to and had to make some adjustments in the way I work in order to comply to the needs of the tool.

Reason for choosing Asana

Due to the characteristics of the project and the strucutre of the team, Asana was the most suitable tool at that time.

Reasons for switching to Asana

Theorganization needed a tool that had more options to change the way the projects were organized and the way different tools can be integrated. Therefore, the needs of the team changes and we had to adapt.l

Roldan