(5,787)

(4,607)

4,607

(1,298)

1,298

• Pros

• "I love the ease of use and the aesthetic of it! It's very easy to read and very easy to navigate."

• "Very easy to use, a great asset to our company. I absolutely love using this software and am happy with it "

• "I love its user interface, particularly on the new one. It's so elegant, intuitive, and easy to use. "

• Cons

• "This software is great overall, but sometimes the search feature can be a bit finicky."

• "Design isn't great as the application is not very easy to use so some people can have trouble learning how to use it. Other than that, I believe it's a great application"

• "Great toes and perfect features but the price is a little expensive for small companies and startups."

Browse Basecamp Reviews

Showing -49 - 0 of 11974 results

Brandon from Hamilton Company

Industry: Biotechnology

Not a Swiss Army Knife, But Offers Extreme Value

I've used Basecamp for more than 10 years and it has worked with me through three different positions in the three different industries. Their onboarding tools and support team offers a lot of immediate help when you need it. I'm definitely an evangelist for this platform.

Pros

Basecamp 3 offers an intuitive platform and interface for project and operational collaboration across a wide distributed team. It's easy to onboard new team members both inside and outside the organization. The flat-rate price is a steal compared to all of its competitors.

Cons

Basecamp does not try to be all things to all people, which is a blessing and a curse. There are dozens of other features offered by other platform that are not offered by Basecamp. So if those features are critical, you may have to turn to one of the API-driven integrations for a separate fee.

Reasons for Choosing Basecamp

Basecamp offers the best value for the price and it quick and easy to implement.

Stefanie from Potratz

Basecamp Review

Overall, this is the most easy to understand and easy to navigate project CRM tool that I have used.

Pros

I think the system is very user-friendly. If someone was new to it, it wouldn't take much time for them to catch onto how to create and assign out tasks and task lists.

Cons

Using it as a daily task organizer only worked for select departments who had ALL tasks housed within the system. For departments that had additional tasks (client phone calls etc.) keeping up with daily tasks/keeping all teams up-to-date within the system was difficult. You can only view one persons task list at a time to see what they have overdue, what is on deck for the day and what tasks are upcoming. If you have multiple team members on the project there is no easy way to see a quick overview of where everything stands aside from looking the actual project folder.

Francis from Lead Eight Marketing

Great for small businesses collaborating with clients and team.

Overall, Basecamp is integral to our business communication and I highly recommend this for any kind of agency that needs an online proof of the communication. Helps me manage the team but also manage the clients as well.

Pros

I have been a Basecamp user for many companies and when starting my own, I needed the same features. Basecamp had scalable plans to allow me to start small and expand. There was a bit of a learning curve from Basecamp Classic to Basecamp what it is now but I like the changes and the flexibility you have with features for each project you work with.

Cons

The task management part isn't as great as other softwares that focus on task and project management. I feel this is something they can improve on for their out of the box solution instead of relying on other addons or using another software.

Nearly great but not quite

We felt that the "all in one" nature of the software was great, but beyond our initial tests we found it lacking in adaptability to fitting into the way WE work, (it wants you to wholly adopt their approach and we felt that there was an internal resistance to that development style) - therefore we abandoned the platform and looked for alternatives.

Pros

For years we have been looking for an all in one project and task management system to use with our business. And BaseCamp is so nearly it, it has most of the features you'd expect but presents them in a different way to most other task tracking systems. On the positive side, it's easy to use, friendly to the eye and everything is where it should be. It has some nifty features that you can easily become over-reliant on that aren't present in other management software tools. One recent addition was the Hill Chart where you plot a task on an "planning hill" - in a really visual way. This is totally unique and works well, helping you quickly identify the progress of any given task. As a project manager, this is a very useful way of seeing where everything currently "is at"

Cons

Onto the Cons: For us, we found that the software was too verbose in its approach, it has a work log system where each user is expected to fill in a diary of what they have done today - sure, this can be switched off in the options, but the regularity of BaseCamp e-mailing you is far too high as a default. By default you're constantly managing e-mails from the system (which is precisely what is is meant to eliminate!) Once you disable these notifications, we felt that the software starts to lose its impact, our staff started to drift away from it over time and went back to other task tracking methods (such as trello) for different areas of the development. This caused us to reconsider the entire enterprise and look for alternatives, our team just couldn't seem to adopt the (very rigid) way that Basecamp wants you to work.

Ryan from Brightstar

Basecamp allows me to track my team's progress easily and efficiently

I've used Basecamp for my team for several years now. The communications solutions, file management services and archival features are all excellent. As an administrator and user, I highly recommend Basecamp for any organization with several ongoing and simultaneous projects.

Pros

Basecamp is a project management solution that allows me to stay on top of my team's projects with ease. Projects can be categorized and organized so that only members working on a particular project are exposed to the communications and back and forth. We use Basecamp as our primary solution because it is easy to implement and onboard, simple to use and has a robust set of features that are among the best in the industry for what we need.

Cons

My only complaint is that the different versions of Basecamp have different features. For example, the version we use does not allow for time tracking. While this is not necessary, as we don't bill out by the quarter hour, it would be a nice feature that would allow me to better understand how long certain tasks take my team members. If Basecamp had universal features across all versions, this would be a miracle solution.

Reasons for Choosing Basecamp

Basecamp is simply more user friendly for my organization. We didn't want to use the same ticketing system that our dev ops or IT uses because we had differing needs.

Savannah from OneHope

The backbone of our team

Overall, I’ve grown to truly appreciate all that Basecamp can offer. I can’t imagine my job without it. I wish the interface was designed better, with a better UX experience. But I still wouldn’t trade what Basecamp offers for a lesser but more attractive system.

Pros

Basecamp is an excellent intersection between project management software and cloud storage. Not only do we produce projects here but we can store and organize all of our file types here as well. I’m able to access every document and file I need throughout the day solely in Basecamp. I’ve seen teams need 2-3 softwares to function. Basecamp brings all of that functionality into one platform.

Cons

The user interface isn’t great. Visually the software isn’t engaging and it’s easy to get lost. There isn’t a clear hierarchy on the homepage or within projects. Everything looks the same.

We tried to like it -- we really tried.

Good if you feel everyone needs to be hand-held on your time, and can't learn systems with a bit more horsepower and slightly less of a layman's interface.

Pros

It technically does what is supposed to -- manage tasks and keep people in sync -- if you don't mind spending lots of time doing it.

Cons

Basecamp is supposed to be one of those products you're supposed to love. After all, it's the source of Ruby on Rails, and DHH, et. We found it to be clunky and obtrusive -- a task update should take seconds, and multiple task updates should not be able to be done in bulk / faster -- and yet that's not the case with basecamp -- it's almost like the design objective was simply -- hey you should love the process of task management, and so let's make all that process management take lots of time.

Reasons for Choosing Basecamp

We used Basecamp for a few weeks -- and simply felt like we were hopping instead of running - and had to let it go.

Thomas from Voice & Reason

We tried multiple other solutions and came back to Basecamp every time.

The beauty of Basecamp it that it doesn't try to do everything in a bloated interface.

Pros

Basecamp is extremely easy to use for teams of all experience levels. It handles project and task management extremely well.

Cons

The reason we moved away from Basecamp for a while was to try and find a software suite that could also include our weekly resource allocations (who's working on what project, billable targets, etc.). So while you could say that a lack of time tracking and resource reporting is a negative, it ends up being a positive because it keeps the software clean and purpose oriented. The integration with other purpose-built solutions like Harvest for time tracking is a dynamite combo.

Ron from SLB Publishing

Industry: Writing and Editing

Wonderful, intuitive, wysiwyg software!

Overall, this has helped to keep my experience focused on the tools I need to complete my work in a timely manner. Alerts, task check ins, scheduling, and easy team creation allows for a productive environment.

Pros

Basecamp provides a user experience that allows for significant ease of use, allowing for much more time spent on work rather than program adjustment.

Cons

Notifications can be inconsistent, and not always received in a timely manner. But this can be a minor problem for daily use, which is predominantly how I use the software. Distance or periodic users may want to look into this further.

Mark from Shining Star Photo Booth

Looks like a great product but is too expensive for small business

I was disappointed it did not offer a plan for only 1 to 5 users that did not need the higher priced only option plan available.

Pros

Basecamp seems to be a dominant name in the project management spectrum. They offer solid features and it looks easy to use.

Cons

The price. They only have one plan to buy and it is not cost effective for smaller businesses that do not need dozens of users. There is no option for smaller companies needs.

Reasons for Choosing Basecamp

I switched from basecamp to Clickup due to the high cost of Basecamp.

Kristen from Vernier Software & Technology

Basecamp Has Helped Us Organize the Chaos

Our marketing team was the first to implement Basecamp, and, eventually, the benefits to project management were so evident that most of our company uses the platform—from R&D to technical support. The application is quite intuitive, requires very little training for use, and offers multiple ways to communicate: private messaging, group chat, and message boards. The integration Basecamp offers with Google is also seamless. Tip: Once your teams are established, setting communication expectations for each tool is a necessary step to achieving a high efficiency.

Pros

The integrations that Basecamp provides make communication for cross-departmental projects quick and effective. The integration we use the most is the support of Google Docs, Google Sheets, and Google Calendar. Within Google Drive, the folder system makes it often difficult to find documents, but Basecamp allows not only Google Docs and Google Sheets to be linked to, but conversations about that specific document to take place in one place. This makes it easy to hand off documents and files to another department, route items to our publication team, or to request feedback from partners. As an original user from Basecamp 1, there have been so many improvements to the second and third editions. Basecamp certainly does an excellent job listening to its users.

Cons

The only change in version 3 that I am disappointed with is the elimination of the built-in calendar. What used to be "Events" with an interactive project calendar became the "Schedule." The Events interactive project calendar functioned a lot like a Google Calendar, which allowed someone to see all touch points on the calendar itself. The "Schedule" is mostly a list of upcoming events. However, the benefits of the folder systems, the access to resources, and the task assignments outweighs this issue. Plus, if you are a new user to Basecamp 3, you won't even be aware that anything is missing.

Clayton from LEAP

Hands-down my favorite project management software

I really love Basecamp. It is simple, powerful, and gets out of your way so you can get work done. It has replaced about three other apps (including Slack) for our team. In Basecamp communication is now centered on getting things done and improving our products versus just chatting. There is an ideology to understand when using Basecamp but if you can adopt that you will be more productive and less stressed about getting work done.

Pros

Very affordable especially considering how many other solutions it replaces. Very clean minimal interface that gets out of your way and lets you get work done. Very fast and reliable. The mobile app is fantastic as well.

Cons

There is a little bit of a learning curve with the single page interface but that is be design.

Ideology and price.

Basecamp is the best all user portal!

Our team has always been collaborative but with Basecamp used as a tool, we have been able to increase our collaborative spirit. In addition, we have been able to accomplish projects and tasks faster because it gives us a way to share which piece we are working on and thus eliminating duplication.

Pros

I love Basecamp! I think it is a great software for keeping tabs on projects and people you work with. It is a collaborative space for users to update each other on what parts of the project they are working on or finishing up. It gives our team the balance needed to ensure no one is working on the same thing or on overlapping projects. It has been a huge asset and we have all loved watching the progression of projects and campaigns we are working on. It has many settings so you can really set it up based on how your team would best thrive.

Cons

One con is that this product could easily turn into a micromanaging tool for bad managers and leaders. When utilized properly it will do wonders for your team but if overused it could be a huge pain point and stressor for employees. They allow an option to have your team give a daily summary of their tasks and I could easily see that going wrong if used by the wrong manager.

Reasons for Choosing Basecamp

I have previously used OneDrive and I think it could have been a great tool for our team but Basecamp is just better structured. OneDrive has limitless possibilities I think and Basecamp has a more structured layout that makes it easier for me as a supervisor to control and shape to best fit my team.

Michael from Michael Stebel Consulting, LLC

Great Solution For Team Collaboration & Basic Project Management

I've used Basecamp to manage development projects, marketing programs, product management, company calendars, and basic HR/company policy documentation for several years. I've always found it to be reliable and easy to use. I will continue to use it going forward.

Pros

Basecamp is incredibly intuitive and easy-to-use. New users can start using the system in a very short period of time. I love the ability to upload files to specific projects or teams and to organize them into folders and update them with new versions. I also really appreciate how Basecamp makes sharing news, messages, and schedules with members of the team. Basecamp is also very affordable, even for small teams.

Cons

I would like to see some additional project management features added. Specifically, project milestones and Gantt charts. A few of the features are not particularly useful, such as the Gaussian-looking completion chart.

Reasons for Choosing Basecamp

In my last organization, we chose Basecamp over Jira because it was more flexible and suitable for the broad range of applications we needed. While Jira was much better for software development.

Sean from Highway 85 Creative

The best production management software for our company.

We use Basecamp for every project that goes through our company, and we have some team members that use it constantly and some that barely want to touch it ... when you rely on Basecamp for your company to run smoothly, you need to make sure you have 100% buy in from the team and everybody is using the software with some form of ground rules in place to help keep everything organized. Once that is dialed in, basecamp really can cover every needs we run across and it has grown with us from a 3 person company up to a 28 person company and should be able to sustain for the foreseeable future.

Pros

The pros of basecamp are the company wide team access and usage, easy access to current project related data, storage for project photos and renders. We have an archive of our projects for the past 6 years as well, so we can always go back in and find any info we may have had in the past but are missing now.

Cons

Basecamp is just difficult enough that our team members who are a little less tech savvy can feel overwhelmed with navigating the software. We tend to have 150 -250 open, active projects at any given time, so they struggle to know which project relates to them and get discouraged by the navigation. Since there are so many ways to use the software, to-dos, conversations, calendars, file browsing, etc. it can become disjointed and unorganized quickly. You really need to stay on top of keeping everything in a manner that cuts down confusion.

Reasons for Choosing Basecamp

We could never find a software as robust or as simplistic as we were looking for ... but once we found basecamp, we knew almost immediately it would be our software package of choice.

Ellie from Awakening Church

A Really Good Project Management Tool!

Bringing Basecamp into the organization wasn’t difficult. The system was easy and simple to integrate. My team loves it! We hare very satisfied with Basecamp.

Pros

Prior to basecamp, my organization was unorganized and working organically, there was no structure or timelines to our projects. Basecamp brought all that and MORE! It’s so simple to use and assign team members the tasks. It has a great user interface structure. There’s not a day that goes by where I’m not on Basecamp. It made such a positive impact in my organization!

Cons

When it comes to tracking, Basecamp doesn’t give a good overview of this. You need to consistent check what tasks have been completed and which ones aren’t. I hope they make an improvement on the Gantt Charts along with full project reports!

Reasons for Choosing Basecamp

Basecamp’s price and overall system is what my team needed. Wrike is great but a bit too “intense” for my team.

Lawrence from Sherpa Marketing

The hub for all great quality projects

Our experience with Basecamp has been very positive. It has been a greatly important tool for the management of efficient and timely projects. The features within Basecamp have been positively used by the vast majority of our clients and create a really collaborative and team-like feel around the projects.

Pros

The best thing about Basecamp is that it provides a secure and easily accessible central hub for your project. It is easy to invite all key project stakeholders and has features that allow for quick and easy discussion around the project, easy communications of important notices and action points and acts as a central storage place that gives everyone oversight to essential project documents and files. Basecamp also provides an accurate project timeline based around the actions of the individuals who use it, meaning that assists with project traceability and track. In addition it will also send automated reminders to the inboxes of those registered which is a fantastic feature for keeping on top of all project details. These reminder emails can be customised to specific individuals which means you can easily reach/remind/engage with the action point owner.

Cons

The main frustration with Basecamp is the updating of personnel profiles when the original creator has left the company. For example, I have needed to update the job titles and email addresses associated with people for accounts I have inherited after my predecessor has left the company. However, this action is blocked as I was not the original creator which was highly frustrating.

Reasons for Choosing Basecamp

We chose Basecamp due to it's referenceability with a lot of US businesses, as the majority of our clients are US-based. We also preferred the look and feel of the tool when we took out a trial period.

Jason from Bluebird Botanicals

Better way of doing business

While there were other, cheaper PM softwares to consider, one of the reasons I started to look at Basecamp is because they are, in a sense, industry leaders. They are constantly publishing books or podcasts about better ways of doing business and that's something their software does.

Pros

Since switching to Basecamp we've seen better communication, collaboration, and better delivery on projects for our marketing team. The way Basecamp delivers information—keeping it all up front and easily accessible—makes it super easy to find out where a project is at at any given time. We've also seen an increase in productivity. People are spending less time trying to figure out what it is they are doing and spending more time getting tasks checked off their list. It has also improved team morale. PM software can be frustrating, but the user interface has made it more fun. While we haven't rolled this out company wide, we are looking forward to it.

Cons

I think there is room to improve the educational components of Basecamp. Based on their customer experience, are there best usage stories? Are there best practices for implementation and usage that we can use? Key piece is communication. There's a lot of choices for where people can submit updates: Campfire, in the task list, in individual tasks. What are the best practices? Someone, please tell me.

Pricing and user interface

Kate from TCGplayer

Easy, Affordable Project Management for Your Entire Team

Since we started using Basecamp, our project intake process has become much more organized and it's way easier to see what everyone has on their plate. It's also helped us get approval from key stakeholders since everyone at every step of every project has to-dos assigned to them. I also love the integrations. We sync with Everhour so we can keep track of exactly how long it takes to complete each step of each project, which has helped us become more efficient and also see where we're spending our time.

Pros

I love how intuitive Basecamp is to use and how easy it is to keep track of upcoming projects and set priorities. I'm new to project management and it's been so easy to set up every project and teach new employees how to navigate the system. You can set different projects for different teams and even invite clients to view projects. Plus, you don't have a limited number of seats so everyone in our organization can access it without us needing to purchase anything additional.

Cons

There are too many places to communicate within Basecamp so it's important that you have a clear process. You can comment on an overall project thread, a group and in each individual to-do so sometimes it's hard to tell where a comment is located. However, it does show you which to-dos have comments within them and there are easy-access notifications at the top of your screen at all times so as long as comments are recent, they're easy to find.

Reasons for Choosing Basecamp

We did free trials of each option and Basecamp was the easiest to use and the most intuitive. We were all comfortable using it and thought it would be the best option for us as the company grew since we could add people to the team easily.

Christopher from OneWorld Properties

Gather around the fire, Basecamp is here!

Basecamp felt fun to use and really made us feel that we were optimizing our workflows in terms of assigning tasks and work flows.

Pros

Basecamp's user interface has changed over the years and has become for easier for clients and client facing individuals. Basecamp became a part of a sales pitch in terms of giving access to clients to a platform where we were accessible and there to help them.

Cons

Basecamp has a lot of bells and whistles that are not immediately apparent. We did have to do a little digging under the hood in order to take advantage of some key features!

Reasons for Choosing Basecamp

Basecamp's friendly user interface and accessible onboarding features made it easier for users at my previous organization to adopt the platform. I would recommend this to any budding business who wants to manage workloads/workflows and keep their client engaged and excited about the service being provided!

Chris from In-Step Digital

Organising the mess!

There is a distinct before and after Basecamp in our lives. After the implementation, we noticed a distinct improvement, not just in the output, but also in team culture and job satisfaction. Basecamp helped to clear the mess that project communications were. While we still work a lot of hours, we now streamline it better.

Pros

Centralise all traffic, in-house and with clients.

Cons

It is a single approach to Project Management. The client side could be more developped as well.

Reasons for Choosing Basecamp

Basecamp was simpler, and focusing on what it does well.

Christopher from Mobile Associates

We would be a Mess without It

Despite my complaint about Discussions, I REALLY love this product and honestly cant' see how we could keep organized with the complexity of our projects without it. I know there are other products that do similar things in different ways, but you guys hit perfectly on providing exactly the functionality we need without a lot of extra fluff. We use Basecamp B2 BTW and not B3 because we don't need all the additional fluff of B3. We have other products to handle chat (like Skype etc) so there was nothing about B3 that we needed. WE LOVE BASECAMP B2 !!!

Pros

I love the ease of use, and the how it allows us to keep very complex projects organized via the To-dos etc. I love the fact it lets our teams collaborate in a single location and keep everything related to a project organized. (We use Basecamp B2 FYI)

Cons

DISCUSSIONS. If I had a way to turn off the ability to start a new discussion I would. I like the fact the discussion area shows the chronological listing of activities, but I DO NOT like the concept of a discussion. Everything we do in Basecamp is in the TO-DO section because you can assign ownership and due dates. A DISCUSSION on the other hand, cannot be assigned to someone or a date added. Anything we need to discuss, can be done inside a specific TO-DO item and at the point someone needs to take action it can then be assigned to someone for ownership. A discussion without the ability to assign ownership and a time element is Just a bunch of talking and worthless to a business. I'm also continually having customers go out there and open new discussions when they want something instead of opening a to-do because discussions are the first thing they see. If I could turn off the ability to open a new discussion I would. Because of the issue I just mentioned, it would be VERY HELPFUL if there was an easy way to move an item from a DISCUSSION to a TO-DO. That would make it easy to deal with the situation if someone opened a discussion instead of a to-do and also would make logical sense that people are talking about something for a long time (Discussing it) and then when it's time to get off their butt and do something they could move it to a to-do (have the history of the discussion) and assign ownership.

See Previous Response

Daniel from Sisu Inc

(BC3) A friendly project management tool

Basecamp is a great way to collaborate with clients and teams still. The nature of direct 1-1 communications means it will never compete with Slack in terms of moment to moment integration (We dont use campfires or pings or whatever they are called), especially since we do a lot of work in JIRA and therefore our project and process are already disconnected (I could see Campfire being more useful if we were more actively using Basecamp). For now, it serves as a place to post assets for review and archival to the client, as well as a place to post longer messages, like meeting notes in a way that is organized and contextual.

Pros

The reintroduction of client permissions made BC3 instantly more usable as it reintroduced the collaborative nature that wa a hallmark of this product (The "clientside" approach was garbage) Basecamp offers a clean and approachable structure to project management. It is not intended for software development really, but can be used to run a project or even as a company hub (we use it for both, though in full honesty we have mostly transitioned to slack).

Cons

As above, the initial clientside approach was really underwhelming. It worked for specific low-touch clients, but if you were actively collaborating, it was offputting and cumbersome. It can be sort of cumbersome to navigate files, and I wish there were data integrations to link Google Shared drives

Reasons for Choosing Basecamp

We didnt want to deal with self hosting and we had used the older version of Basecamp. It was also priced competatively

Walter from Clary Business Machines

Industry: Wholesale

Organizational Tool - but not export or import friendly

Overall, Basecamp is a good solution easy to manage but its inability to export into different formats, which its competitors do provide, might cause most of their users to switch to another platform, like us. Apart from the issue highlighted above, I think basecamp is a great tool to add, update, notify and manage any task, be it tech-related or sales related. As I have been through technical support, sales and then e-commerce sales of my company I think this tool would be very handy.

Pros

It is easy to enter, search and assign tasks in this online tool. As an E-Commerce Manager, I find it easy to enter our online order information, keep track of them with due dates, assign tasks to my team members and update our higher management on the goals and their progress.

Cons

The Export feature of this online tool is the worst!! I have tried contacting their support about exporting my tasks to excel or CSV format and they informed me that they do not have that option. We receive over 200 to 600 + orders a month which we have to keep track of, this helps us do that, but when our account manager asks me to get him details of orders then my life goes to hell. It takes me 2-4 days to extract all the data and organize it and send it to our accounts manager. This is the RED Flag for me for this software, I have my team looking at other options to switch to, however, if they do incorporate it, I have no problem sticking to Basecamp. Another thing I would like to point out, which is not a red flag or an issue but in the last month we had basecamp service unavailable or crash twice. Since it is a company solution, we are using, and I have been using it for the past 3 years, I never had seen this issue, maybe an upgrade in their services or some other bug is causing this but it did happen. Hope it does not happen again as it will affect our work seriously.

Chuck from That Church

Great for Project Managers (at least)

It keeps all of our tasks in a central location and ensures they don’t disappear in the mix of the daily grind.

Pros

Base camp has very competitive pricing for project management software. Is very user friendly for Project managers. You can organize individual projects with todos and then assign those todos to specific people. You can easily keep up with the status of what the team is working on and keep up with files and documents associated with each Project.

Cons

If you are on the administration side, it’s great. I mean real great. If your on the receiving end it can be a little confusing at times. The common complaint from myself and others I know, is that there are too many ways to revive a message and thus keep up with messages. Sometimes the message is on a “Ping ”, some times it’s on a “todo” or a “camp fire”. There is no central inbox to keep up with messages. There is a thing called a “Hey Stack” that functions kind of like an “in box “ that will let you know when someone has sent you something or commented on something , but the message disappears when you read it. No option to keep it and delegate it later, mark as in read or send it to a personal todo. Unless you go back previously read messages and dig it up. Then you can book mark it. It Should just function like a standard email inbox. Unless you get sent a “ping” wich is kinda like an instant message app with in base camp wich is on a different icon. Granted there may be a better way of using it that we are not aware of. Having used other project management software, I can say this is not a problem unique to base camp. I still feel it is the better software but needs some improvements. Specifically keeping in mind the people that are trying to do a good job for their project managers and sort through all of the information.

More orderly workflow

The fundamental advantage of Basecamp is the capacity to allot out explicit undertakings to explicit people and with a due date. Basecamp helps organizations to know which individuals from every office on chipping away at a customer. With the due date highlight, clients can demonstrate time-touchy or important matters. This component is discretionary, which enables our organization to recognize transient undertakings and long haul objectives. Basecamp's plan is agenda arranged. Agendas advance incredibly to our increasingly fastidious representatives, yet in addition, empowers the more Type B workers to center their thoughts into convenient and quantifiable assignments. The freshest move up to Basecamp 3 presented the Campfire include which is perfect for inward ventures, an advantage that was missing from the past rendition. This part of the product is ideal for intra-office non-customer work. For instance, the record supervisory crew utilizes this element to work together on building another layout for our customer introductions. In general, Basecamp enables my organization to accomplish extensive scale objectives by separating them into particular objectives.

Pros

I have been dealing with the customer confronting side of a medium-sized computerized advertising organization. I cherish that Basecamp adjusts superbly with our multi-customer firm. The latest upgrade to Basecamp 3 contributed to the item's utility. Basecamp's plan enables my collaborators and me to dole out and oversee undertakings crosswise over divisions. The new Campfire highlight extends Basecamp's utility to incorporate inner tasks, besides the principle advantage of sorting out customer work. This element takes into account an increasingly easygoing stream of thoughts for ventures that my group is chipping away at as a team.

Cons

After you have transferred documents, you can not download them combined at once. You need to exclusively download each document that you need. This can prompt having different form of a record. On the off chance that you don't erase a past adaptation of an archive, at that point there will be two. the best way to not keep running into this is to us the record fuction in Basecamp. This element is exceptionally essential. in the event that you don't remain over record the executives and discourse you could be soon over run and end up with a ton of tidy up work.

ABEER from Social Security Hospital

Industry: Online Media

A very handy tool for client management tasks

Cons

Maryellen from First Impressions, Inc.

For managing details and timelines for complex projects

I am a fundraiser, and often - OFTEN - have several big fundraising projects in preparation at the same time. Before Basecamp, it was a nightmare to keep all of the details for each event separate and clear, without dropping the ball on some important responsibilities. Unfortunately, failing to take care of an important detail on any of these events can be devastating, so I could barely sleep because of the stress of worrying about where I was on each project. Also, since I often use some of the same vendors (caterers, tent rental, hotel space) it was hard to remember if I had talked to them about each individual event, and had all of my facts straight for each individual event. Basecamp makes it possible to track each and every event carefully, set up connecting emails to keep everyone informed, and makes it very easy to set deadlines, timers, and reminders for every important goal and part of the event. It took an entire weekend to set up all of the lists, timelines, and connections needed within Basecamp for the eight complex fundraising events I had on my calendar when I first set up in Basecamp. But after that weekend, I slept better than I had in months because everything was organized, I could see in a few seconds exactly what was on my "To-do" list for each day, each week, and up until the day or the event, as well as what I was waiting for from anyone else. This program is certainly an expense. But it gave me incredible peace of mind.

Pros

It is so well integrated. For example, taking one action will also notify several team members who need to know about that action without me having to send numerous emails. The software makes it possible to track several or many projects with dozens of people without losing a step or forgetting anything.

Cons

A bit of a learning curve to get started, but technical support is good, and the program quickly becomes intuitive. The other members of your team - not only your staff, but your client - must also be willing to learn Basecamp. On the other hand, once they do, they will love it - and you!

Stanislav from Remotek Ltd

Can be Really Good if Team is Synchronised

Basecamp provides a platform for collaboration and project management that can be the backbone of digital marketing agencies, software development companies, or any other company which has a team of 5+ and at least 5+ projects (my estimates, not limitations of the product). It just helps the team to keep it all in one place and more importantly - it helps bring together remote teams, which is an ever-increasing scenario for many IT companies hiring VAs, content writers, PPC specialists, developers.

Pros

It gives you the opportunity to manage a complex business with multiple projects and team members, providing a platform for communication and collaboration. I've personally used Basecamp for two years and have liked it in general for organizing Digital Marketing projects within an agency. You also get the ability to add the client to the project and choose what to show or hide from them, making it just a bit easier to keep them in the loop and get required feedback from them. The ability to export tasks to Google Calendar is a good touch, but it would really depend if workflow creates Google Calendar worthy items. If not, you have a calendar within Basecamp.

Cons

Like any software with vast functionality, you have to learn all of its features to use it as it is intended to be used. Collaboration with teammates adds one more layer of complexity and problems can arise if the team is not coached to use it in a common way. The ability to assign tasks to others can get overwhelming for the assignee. I personally had two account managers above me, as well as content writers I worked with and they all kept assigning even the smallest of tasks, or even worse - largely undefined tasks, that eventually led to me accumulating a whole lot of tasks and not seeking to clear my list.

Kamila from Heart Behind Hustle

Great for client management and projects

It helps us keep the communication with clients in one place versus using email which is helpful. I wish they had a free version though. I like the style and branding of the app, but if I wasn't using it for client work I doubt I'd be using it for my own projects.

Pros

- The interface is fun to navigate, it's just pleasant to look at. I like all the little buttons, the way that the check marks are designed, it's fun to comment and check things off. I'm a big nerd when it comes to the actual enjoyment of a platform. The brand is on point. - I like that you can set up different sections for todo's versus having them all be in place. It's also helpful to have a separate files section and discussions section for things not related to specific to-do's although we do rarely use them with my clients. - I see they have an option to use Clientside where the client doesn't get to see all the things in Basecamp, and they can still use email primarily when it comes to the communication. I personally don't use this option and we just have the client in their own Basecamp but it's a great option for folks if they don't want their clients IN the actual project. - It's easy to attach images, write quick comments, and send pings to team members.

Cons

- The price point, it's obviously not a free option like Trello or others and it is the same in terms of quality as those two except for the design and having clients in there. - It can get confusing for the client. They don't know where to go. - Sometimes we don't know where to write things, there are too many options for communication and discussion which makes the organization of our conversations a bit trickier to manage. - I wish it was possible to see a visual representation of the deadlines for each task, like a gantt chart or something. I feel like Asana has more options when it comes to all of that and it's easier to organize things.

Russell S from FusionSPEDtech

Great idea for team management!

Allows my team to stay organized, communicate effectively, and accomplish tasks all from one platform!

Pros

Basecamp is classified as a project management platform, but I see it as more than that. It's a digital space that enables your team to all be on the same page and up-to-date. Here are some things I love about that platform: - It has a very simple design and feel. It's extremely "boiled down" and there's no reason to worry about less techy folks getting lost. It's easy to learn to use and navigate the platform. - It organizes everything in one place, so it's easy to find key documents, hold individuals accountable, find help, etc. There's no email chains, certain things saved in the Cloud, while other things are saved on someone's computer - it's all there. - When you enter a project folder, I like that there are really three categories for communication. Things that need to be done are filed in the "to do" thread, on-going communication/questions occur through the "message" thread, and just general questions or thoughts or concerns can be posed through the "campfire" thread. This is simple idea, but is really quite brilliant. It allows your team to rank or categorize the message they're about to send (Is this urgent? Is this a general question? Is this a task that needs we need to get done?). This really provides structure that effective teams need. - Another cool feature is that in that you have access to all of the important, shared files in the project folder. I would compare that to "team drives" on Drive, if you're familiar.

Cons

Basecamp is not too technical, it feels human-friendly! But because of this, you do occasionally find yourself looking for something more, a feature that would really be helpful. For example, the to do lists could be a little more robust (graphics, attachments, etc.). Another idea would be to add a bit of customization. I understand the desire to maintain simplicity, but just the ability to add your brand would be a nice feature or even change the color designs. Not crucial, but would be nice.

Ross from Igniter Media

The Best "Pick Up and Get Going" Task Manager

Basecamp is where we keep all of our assignments and initiatives, and we've become diligent about not letting any lists or to-dos creep outside the system. This relies heavily on managing the project list carefully and making sure everything has its place. There are not guide-rails to keep you from placing a task in the "wrong" place - fortunately you can move tasks all around if someone puts something in an incorrect place. It's important that you define what Projects exist and create a framework for where assignments should go. A frequent complaint we hear around the office is "I don't know where to put this" so it's important that you outline your project structure and communicate it clearly. If you can nominate a gate-keeper to watch over the system organization, Basecamp can be a very effective way to manage all assignments across an organization and allow people to simply see what's due, when, with ease.

Pros

Basecamp requires very little setup and there are very few barriers to overcome to get in and start making projects and tasks. It can very very scalable in terms of users and project count, and it's approach to To-do Lists and Tasks makes project organization fairly straight-forward. At it's core, making tasks is as easy as choosing a place to put them, naming them, and assigning them. With simple reports, users can view their tasks across all projects and start tackling them. If you want to take things a little bit deeper, you can assign mutiple people to tasks, set due dates, and loop other people into the tasks for conversations.

Cons

Basecamp still has some key missing features that create workflow issues every now and then. You can create recurring events, but not recurring to-dos. So, for example, if you want to create a "Close Accounting Books" to-do and assign it to a user to be finished each month by the 15th, there is not currently support for that. There's also no built-in gannt views, although they continue to innovate project management with new simpler ideas such as the "Hill Chart" which i'm a fan of. A lot of the lack of complex features comes from their desire to carefully curate features to keep the application from ballooning into a beast that's unwieldy and hard to learn.

Scott from Bellevue Presbyterian Church

Basecamp 2 is a good base for collaboration

I work in the non-profit world and we have many volunteers that help for a season, or a project or some other random and unpredictable way. Basecamp allows us to invite users into a specific task or project in a way that is almost fool-proof. Using Basecamp means I don't have to get a volunteer network clearance to be on our internal network. Basecamp lets us store files in the cloud so all can access items easily. We even have staff creating weekly virtual meetings and updates for volunteers can access info at their best time and know what is happening that week and what expectations are for their volunteer teams. Basecamp allows our staff and volunteers to think outside the traditional uses of project management apps and gain some real productivity and communication value.

Pros

Basecamp 2 is an intuitive collaboration tool that helps groups work together by keeping all conversations, files, to do lists and timelines in a central location that is easy to access and easy to invite clients, volunteers and others into the process. I f a feature isn't intuitive for you (or you forgot how to do something), the quick videos located throughout the app bring the feature into focus quickly and easily. Basecamp is simple enough for the masses to use without using expensive live training resources. They have really figured out how to get people on board and up to speed quickly. Basecamp has the ability to store files with specific projects. that saves me lots of time when I want to find that obscure file but I can't remember where I saved it or what I called it.

Cons

Basecamp presents itself as 'project management' software. I am not so sure I would place it in that genre of software. I see it more of an easy access, bring the crowd together to collaborate and make sure you have an easy place to catch up with conversations, read files or see what is next on the to do list. I guess the fact that it has a to do list makes it a simple project management tool. So, maybe it is okay to call it basic project management...

Nagish from UNDP Pakistan

Best Tool for Online Project Management and Team Management

I am using Basecamp from last two year. I love it because of its Team Chat, the average price which is very affordable, Message Boards/News which have so many options to edit the text, such as bolding, coloring, bullet points, etc which I personally didn't see in any other project management tool. Most of the time I use it to update stockholders, where it also provide privacy. When I want to inform specific persons I can select those and send them message once at the same time. I love its reports feature too. Drag and drop for rearranging tasks in task list is pretty awesome feature. I like Basecamp’s structural way of arranging everything like links, file, comments, communication, etc. I recommend it to everyone because of its Free Trail which is a very good thing to try it before buying the full package.

Pros

Basecamp is an online project management tool which can be accessed through a Mobile device by its app or directly through the web on both PC and Mobile devices. Managing multiple projects at the same time is very easy with Basecamp. Basecamp is featured rich web app where each and every feature such as Project Updates, Discussions and In-project Todo Lists/Tasks are on one-page and a user can easily find them directly by first look. The best thing in Todo list is multiple Todo lists in a single project for different department’s collaboration which makes it more powerful than the other available tools in the market. Document upload and sharing with others and receive feedback or comments makes it more versatile. The coolest feature which I like is the Catchup option for knowing about today and today’s progress in a single click. The best feature which keeps me update about the progress is the Progress feature, where the whole project is displayed as a timeline on one page, that’s just amazing. It’s so easy to see the milestones and progress right in one screen and scroll to see how much of done for the course of a day or month. The simplicity of Basecamp makes me love it; because Basecamp has a very lean user interface, the smooth learning curve for first-time users and scalability to use it for larger projects which makes it adoptable for everyone.

Cons

The workflow is not built around any specific industry so it may not be a very perfect for specialized companies but it can be used by anyone and it can be adopted easily because of its ease and more features. The Calendar view/ Schedule doesn’t show a specific task's progress in details. it will make more sense to calendar/schedule view if the schedule is shown like the progress bar for every task.

Using Basecamp has totally changed the way my organization is ran

Mostly it saved me tons of time. Everyone can easily see who is doing what without sending so many annoying emails and attending wasteful meetings.

Pros

The three things I love most are the ease of use, how nice it looks, and how useful it is. Basecamp is super simple. It's easy to learn and it allows you to keep all the data you need in easy to navigate locations. There's no searching through folder after folder and file after file for the data you need and the status you want to update. No more needing a bookmark bar full of websites to rummage through. More direct or analytical people may not care (or think they care) about how nice the tools they're using look, but believe me... If you want to get your entire company on board with a NEW product you're going to want it to look good. For better or worse that goes a very long way toward getting people to want to use a product no matter how useful it is. Which brings me to my next point: it's useful! This software has honestly saved us SO much time because we now get to avoid so many status update meetings. I personally only had to attend one status meeting each week and build the slideshow for it, but that alone saved me personally three hours. The rest of our organization spends who knows how many going through those things and Basecamp has fiercely cut back on those. It's awesome.

Cons

The only con I can really come up with is a people issue and not a software issue. No matter how simple, useful, and well designed a piece of software or website is, far too many people are just going to try and ignore it so they don't have to learn something new. Fortunately Basecamp is nice and easy enough that it wasn't a huge problem.

Gurbir Singh from Oxibase

Amazing Project Management Tool

Proper management of projects in my company. Upto date client reviews/feedbacks and more.

Pros

I am using Basecamp since 2014. One of my friend from Dubai introduced Basecamp to me. It's simple and ready to use. No puzzles to do settings. Simple team member invitation. Simple client invitation. Create project easy. Tagging teammate is an awesome feature. we can simply tag our teammate in comments, to-do items, team chat, personal chat etc same as we do on Facebook. We can appreciate someone for his/her response. Set reminders and a lot of other activities can be done. No billing issue. the unlimited number of team members and no limit of file storage. Easy interface. If I talk about the support, team basecamp is very supportive and active to help its customers. You need help? write on Basecamp's twitter account and get a response in very short time or simply go to the website and write them, they'll definitely write you back. Once my account got suspended because of less funds, I simply wrote an email to support@basecamp.com and got an instant reply from Sylvia Chong with positive response and activation of my account for next one month. They understand customers and help them back.

Cons

Ammm.... Truly I have nothing which I like least about the Basecamp. Yea, more features can be added. Like invoicing, proposals, lead management and few other services. Because we have to find other vendos for all these services. It's complex to manage multiple vendors. Oxibase Software is one in all. They have invoicing, lead management, proposals, payment collections, project management, HR all in one. So, I would suggest basecamp to include some more features in it so that we don't look for other softwares :)

Jenny from Romio

I've used Basecamp intermittently over the last 3 years.

Pros

Basecamp is best for improving organization and instilling clarity among teams. I love the notification board in Basecamp. It helps organize and clarify details and next steps in a team, which can often times get cluttered or grow faint via email and standard chat-type programs like Slack. The self-saving feature is awesome, too. I've been screwed over many times on other programs and email systems if my computer freezes or my browser shuts down unexpectedly so I have a wave of relief being on Basecamp in general. Any applicable files needed can be easily searched for and found within the system, too, which is great. This feature is definitely reminiscent of Google Drive, but Basecamp as a software tool is way more robust, functionality-wise.

Cons

Upload times can be slow and it can get a little glitchy, but the latter may be a function of my company's WiFi. If everyone on your team knows how to use Basecamp and if everyone on your team are solid workers, Basecamp can help you save so much time. BUT, if you have slackers or lazy people on your team (all too common even in the best companies out there) it can be incredibly frustrating to have to repeat information that's already clearly in Basecamp for them to reference. This isn't necessarily a 'con' but I'm often finding out about features I didn't know existed or didn't know were beneficial to leverage for my specific projects until I discovered them through conversations with colleagues. It'd be great to have tutorials embedded into the system so users know they're utilizing the system at its full capacity.

Kim from University Of Southern California

I have used Basecemp to communicate with independent contractors, internal creative team and clients

Keeping all creative edits, documents, client information in one place was great. It was very organized and helped me to be organized and retrace my steps when needed.

Pros

I mainly used this product when I was working in advertising but we still use it for the design of our program each year with our Communications team. You can create projects and determine who can see them - so, for example, I have a client (X) and my internal team (Y) and independent contractors (Z) for Project A. I can have an ongoing project named Client X where I've added all my internal resources to discuss every project we are working on with them where I can do everything from give SOW, get an estimate of time, create a timeline, receive rounds of work and communicate with my internal team with all changes in one place. I can remove people from conversations that they may not need to be a part of, but they can come see the conversation later if they choose/need to. I will receive email updates from Basecamp every time someone has sent me something on Basecamp. I can also have a Project named Project A where I add members of the client team. Here I can get approval for the cost, send a timeline and all drafts of the project. I can also have a Project named Z for the Independent Contractor. Here, I can get an estimate from this person, send them a proposed timeline, and receive their work. It keeps all of the documents in one place, all edits, all communication and can be organized however it suits you!

Cons

When I was in advertising, the main issue I noticed was that people who don't take the time to learn how to use Basecamp are it's biggest downfall. For example, we have everything from Account Managers who respond via email (which works, but inserts their signature unnecessarily into the comment every time) to creatives who create a new thread everytime they have an update to a project, which defeats the point of being able to look back at every edit/communication to see when a change was made or was supposed to be made but was missed etc. It can also be detrimental if you don't select the appropriate people to see your comment/document. If you just reply to the people who were on the previous comment without checking who was on it, you might not be sending the draft to the right people and it will get missed. Another thing we noticed is that people who did not want to acclimate or never properly learned how to use Basecamp would not read the messages in their email and assume that it was not for them. So you still have to manage up because if you want your higher ups to be looking at something, sometimes they still ignore it =)

Tara from Spectrum Communications & Consulting, Inc.

Basecamp is excellent for client management tasks that involve multiple departments.

The main benefit of Basecamp is the ability to assign out specific tasks to specific individuals and with a due date. As a full-service digital marketing company, we benefit greatly from the software's overall project/client-focused design. Basecamp helps my medium-sized company to know which members of each department on working on a client. With the due date feature, users can indicate time-sensitive or priority matters. This feature is optional, which allows our company to distinguish between short term tasks and long term goals. Basecamp's design is checklist-oriented. Checklists appeal greatly to our more meticulous employees, but also encourages the more Type B employees to focus their ideas into timely and measurable tasks. The newest upgrade to Basecamp 3 introduced the Campfire feature which is ideal for internal projects, a benefit that was missing from the previous version. This aspect of the software is perfect for intra-department non-client work. For example, the account management team uses this feature to collaborate on building a new template for our client presentations. Overall, Basecamp allows my company to achieve large-scale goals by breaking them down into distinct tasks.

Pros

I work on the client-facing side of a medium-sized digital marketing services company. I love that Basecamp aligns perfectly with our multi-client firm. The latest upgrade to Basecamp 3 expanded the product's utility. Basecamp's design allows my coworkers and me to assign and manage tasks across departments. The new Campfire feature expands Basecamp's utility to include internal project management in addition to the main benefit of organizing client work. This feature allows for a more casual flow of ideas for projects that my team is working on as a group.

Cons

I dislike that Basecamp does not allow the user to know the workload of another coworker. For example, if I need a small change to be made to a website, I would assign that task to a member of our design team. They are very busy and sometimes that task can get backlogged if the recipient has a long list of assignments to complete. Additionally, when assigning out new clients, it is important to see which of my team members has the extra hours in their schedule to handle a new account.

It is a very collaborative tool, for organizes projects in a simple and effective way. Its effective

I have found many benefits when using and implementing this tool in our team: - Speed in my management and organization of projects - Efficiency in the coordination of processes - Security to use it in my mobile device - Real order in our work - Improvement of our routine in internal processes - Improvement in the performance of our equipment - Unification of all the professionals of the company in the same project - For a small company like ours, a great cost - quality ratio - Interaction with our customers - Simple to use even when someone is traveling They have implemented a very useful tool, which is the Daily Progress, very useful to review the events that have taken place in your projects over time Another benefit obtained thanks to the BaseCamp tool is that all our consultants have been able to use it, even people not very adept at the technology, they can use it very efficiently and simply BaseCamp We benefit from the TimeLine of the tool, because we can explain the progress of a project to our clients. The balance of failures and successes are other benefits The support of the platform, in the centralization of processes and communications of our digital projects, has been another of the great benefits obtained since we implemented BaseCamp In our scenario, the creation and dissemination of documents, conversations by messages and the generation of agreements become complicated actions and require an efficient organization system. What do we find in this tool? We benefit from online collaborative work. And it continues to evolve over time The support of the platform, in the centralization of processes and communications of our digital projects, has been another of the great benefits obtained since we implemented BaseCamp In our scenario, the creation and dissemination of documents, conversations by messages and the generation of agreements become complicated actions and require an efficient organization system We benefit from online collaborative work. We have the support that all conversations, requirements and shared files are stored on the platform. In this way we can always endorse the agreements, requests ,deliveries It has facilitated the monitoring of the work and the counting of hours of work of each professional, something very important for the internal management of the projects. In our experience, it has worked so well that it is already. So, Thanks fos that BaseCamp

Pros

I really like the ease of use that this tool has. Practically no more experience or tutorials are needed to learn how to use it. The internal chat is a great advantage, very nice. It is also an excellent option that allows teamwork and solve management problems quickly

Cons

The main disadvantage is that the client must understand the use very well, but generates prizes almost automatically. Especially for the client respect the threads of conversation. Another point against is that the platform only works online, so you can not advance in jobs when there is no connection

Devora Gila from The Coaches Console

Using Basecamp helps me feel "on top of it" and connected to the other team players in the company.

goal setting, organizing information, communication, connection, team spirit, support, training

Pros

I have suggested Basecamp to others because of the organization, company spirit connection and communication it fosters. The main features we use on Basecamp are the Message Board, ping, Docs and Files. Message Board allows you to keep themes organized so everyone can be on the same page together and chime in with their opinions and questions, and even enthusiasm. You can upload files here which is super helpful. The applause feature adds to connection and community. The ping feature is awesome. It keeps a running list of the communication you've had with others. You can choose to ping one or more people. In ping you can also upload files. The automated subject line gives you faster response time than regular emails. With Docs and Files we can upload and store schedules, scripts, recordings, etc. You can sort by name or date created and everything is in front of you.

Cons

Maybe it's just me, but the Docs and Files section can be confusing because everything is there and you do have to look around for what you want. You can use the "find" feature to get at things more quickly but you need to know the keywords. It really needs some management. Basecamp is so effective at bolstering company spirit that during our launches I get notifications all day long. You can turn off the notification feature, but I actually love hearing what other people say and it keeps me engaged. I guess I will have to prioritize how I use my time!

Joel from Hardy Diagnostics

Basecamp is simply the best at what they do. Easy to use, logically designed, totally in love!!!

Pros

It's simple interface makes managing multiple projects a dream. As a Marketing Manager, I'm over seeing everything from product launch to creative development. I have a larger team working on a broad array of projects. Basecamp let's me go in, add tasks, easily check progress and get updated on everything in a manner of minutes. If I let my notifications go untouched for most of the day, Basecamp is so easy to use that I can clear my Heystack notifications (usually 60+) in a few minutes. Updates are that clear!!! Basecamp, if used properly, could totally eliminate the need for internal email. In fact, I insist my team use Basecamp instead of email. Basecamp focuses communication on the work being done and allows everyone a view on the conversation. This is a problem with email, and merely fwd'ing or cc'ing all the time doesn't really fix the problem of keeping a large team 100% informed. Plus, we all know that no one reads their email. Beyond that, their customer service is top notch. They take a personal approach with everyone. I once caused an issue with how they program their "todo lists" and they created a fix JUST FOR ME! I assume others use it too, but they wouldn't know that it the "fix" was even a fix, because it was the personal touch that Basecamp gave me that introduced the fix.

Cons

Basecamp has taken a minimalist approach to software design and as a project management tool. In some cases, I do find myself wishing for certain features. Ultimately, I've tried other software and though they may do what Basecamp does while also including those other features, Basecamp is simply the best at what they do, even without the other features, so I have never considered switching.

Edward from E*TRADE

Smart project management for diverse and distributed team

Pros

Basecamp 3 is an outstanding, powerful, and relatively intuitive platform for bringing a team together to get things done. The various tools can be turned on and off as desired, project templates make starting new projects with similar features a breeze and everything is designed with good, healthy communication in mind. When I'm working with someone who has no knowledge of project management, they often feel scared and overwhelmed until they use Basecamp. Then they become serious fans. I love the unlimited users and unlimited projects, the automatic check-ins that are fully customizable, and the ability to integrate automations via Zapier. Saves me tons of time and helps me focus on coordinating the team and getting things done rather than "managing" the projects. There are also great iOS apps and a MacOS app that stay in sync with notifications.

Cons

I dislike that it's sometimes difficult to convince others who have degrees or certifications in project management (or those who would like to be such people) that Basecamp is a true powerhouse of project management. It's design is "friendly" rather than technical. It's "human" and even "comical" at times when some project managers are looking for something that feels difficult and serious to work with. Basecamp has super helpful reports, but if you want to show or export analytical and technical readouts on project status, Basecamp isn't that. For me, this is not a negative, but I tend to like focusing on completing the project rather than on managing it.

yogendra kumar from evision technoserve pvt. ltd.

Basecamp is an online collaboration app.It is Very user friendly Project management software.

One unique feature in Basecamp is Automatic Check-ins. Automatic Check-ins ask team members to essentially submit a short report answering a question, like "What are your priorities this week?" or "How many attendees have enrolled in the conference so far?" on a recurring basis that you (or the team lead) enters. The options are highly customizable, so you can ask the same question every Friday in the afternoon, or every Tuesday and Thursday at exactly 9:15 a.m.whatever you like. In addition to the display of cards for various team and project spaces, the Basecamp dashboard also has links to My Stuff: My Assignments, My Bookmarks, My Schedule, and so forth. I like that you can get to a consolidated list of My Stuff from the dashboard, but again, I'd rather be able to see it right then and there. A few customizable widgets would go a long way to making Basecamp's dashboard a more productive interface.

Pros

It has very simple interface so I can easky understand.Graphics of this software is too good.It is effective software to manage projects.Take less effort to setup this software.I like that Basecamp takes mere minutes to set up. On-screen tutorials walk you through the process with clear and concise pointers. During the setup, Basecamp suggests things you might need to add to your account, such as an upcoming event or project, as well as any documents or task lists associated with it.One unique feature in Basecamp is Automatic Check-ins. Automatic Check-ins ask team members to essentially submit a short report answering a question, like "What are your priorities this week?" or "How many attendees have enrolled in the conference so far?" on a recurring basis that you (or the team lead) enters. The options are highly customizable, so you can ask the same question every Friday in the afternoon, or every Tuesday and Thursday at exactly 9:15 a.m. whatever you like.

Cons

Basecamp offers several ways for people to collaborate with one another. Within each team or project are a message board, task list, schedule (for events), and place to upload shared files. While the message board helps for keeping track of ongoing notes and conversations about the overview of a project, you might also need to ask colleagues more pointed or more general questions that don't belong on the board for all to see. For that, there's Campfire, Basecamp's chat room.

Mirko from UltraBarato

Basecamp is the best tool for any company that need tho work flawless.

I have a company that works on different projects, each of them have different people assigned to solve task and petitions, Basecamp allow us to check and control all the way to complete the projects, also not all projects are the same, but BaseCamp allow us to configure task with different properties, so we can manage something like sales, logistics, inventory, CRM, marketing, etc, each one totally different and with unique procedures and characteristics.

Pros

- Easy Task management, you can assign people, times and extra features to avoid missing it and loosing clients and opportunities. - Each member on a team have total notification about new task and deals times to complete, also all the to-do it's on screen to easy reading and follow. - All projects have total control on notifications, chats, messages, and easy to follow commands from projects heads. - On each new Camp, the tools need it to make it work, are easy to use, today area show all the important task and to-do for the day, and the timeline allow us to follow how our projects go on.

Cons

- On to-do list, need more ways to add information or graphics. - Tasks have deal times, but the notifications just go through web, I really wish some mobile (SMS or Push) or social notification (Whatsapp, MSG). - What about a IA helper that suggest the best ways to solve some dealing task?. - Each member need an account, but not all have time to create or manage, some just need notifications that roll-on with a QR, simple an easy without account. - Could be a great feature to create UNIQUE procedures choosing from list, like shortcuts.

January 2016

Scott from Praeclarus Press

January 2016

Good starter program to help you get you orginized

Pros

Basecamp - Great online content management system. This system is very easy to upload to and share information with your workgroup. It is not that expensive and will give you great capabilities if you are working on more than one project or if you need to share information with work partners. You can start as many projects as you need, and you can limit who has access to different parts of that project. Breaks down into two groups your Team and the Client - you can set access for each of these groups. Clients can be limited to only view or change particular accepts of the project that you give rights to. Tracking - you have the ability to track compare work that has been done to early versions of a document. You can also pull up the work history of Team members or Clients. It is easy to invite Team members and clients and there is nothing to download.

Cons

After you have uploaded files (in my case as a publisher images for example) you can not download them as a group. You have to individually download each file that you need. This can lead to having multiple version of a file. If you do not delete a previous version of a document then there will be two. the only way to not run into this is to us the document fuction in Basecamp. This feature is very basic. if you do not stay on top of file management and discussion you could be soon over run and find yourself with a lot of clean up work.

Sheila from ICI/UMass Boston

Couldn't live without Basecamp!

I presently manage 10 projects using Basecamp and am a team member on 30+. The majority of staff members are remote, distributed across the US. I do not believe we could be as successful if we did not use such a high quality project management software. BC enables my team to keep multiple projects moving on time in an efficient and transparent way.

Pros

It would be difficult to identify a single aspect of the software as my favorite. The beauty of Basecamp is that it's many functions work together as a whole. But file management and task list management are the main reason why I use it, and I use it daily. File management is easy as folders can be set up and each folder can hold text documents, uploaded files, files from the cloud (such as Dropbox) as well as subfolders. Nothing gets lost. Within a minute, I can locate a 5-year old document and see who contributed to multiple versions over the years. Tasks list clearly communicate who is responsible for what and when. Task assignments make people accountable for their actions and encourage people to meet deadlines.

Cons

Basecamp is not magic. If you start off disorganized, you will have a disorganized site and that can be tedious and time consuming to fix. The project manager must makes decisions and clearly communicate how the software should be used, such as how files are managed.

Reasons for Choosing Basecamp

Primarily because it provides better notification settings, task assignments, and file management. I also like the customer service, tech assistance, and helpful tips/blog.

Sherly from Golden Group

Industry: Mining & Metals

The perfect solution project management with many team members & projects

Pros

Being involved in business acquisitions means that there may be the possibility of having to handle more than one projects at the same time. Naturally, all of the projects are, most of the time, equally important and it i paramount that the deal can be closed on time without any significant delays. More often than not, many team members are involved and expected to push thing along so that the processes can be completed in accordance with the pre-determined schedule. Prior to using this software, it was sort of a nightmare having to chase every single team member, constantly and manually inform everyone what their immediate tasks and deliverables are. The downside of doing this is that sometimes misscommunication may occur where one would thought that his/her supposed-assigned tasks is handled by someone else, and ultimately this will cause delay on the targeted milestone. Gone those terrible days where everything have to be manually tracked and consolidated! Using Basecamp, team members can collaborate to manage individual and team tasks on the same platform. This way, everyone is ware of their assignments and deadlines, as well as any supporting files for the said assignments, Here are some of the available tools by Basecamp which are very helpful: project-specific chat, forum (for more extensive discussions, idea), To-Do list, Schedule to manage milestone, deadlines and meetings, virtual storage solution. Moreover, I love that Basecamp has a friendly and easy to use GUI,

Cons

Some of the features maybe duplicates in terms of functionality (ie schedule - diary), cannot create recurring to-do which can be a manual process, can be seen as a very basic project management software, no feature to know what is the workload of other colleague; this way if someone is pretty occupied, the task can be reassigned to someone else. Also pricing structure may not be suitable for small business with few users and projects. Last but not least, perhaps the threshold for file size can be increased a bit so I don’t have to share them via other means (ie Dropbox of Google Drive).

Kris from CASA PACIFICA CENTERS FOR CHILDREN AND FAMILIES

Collaboration with Continuity

Our organization is a non-profit organization serving around 4,700 kids and their families yearly - special fundraising events are counted on to close the funding gap - in fact it's over 10% of our revenue generation. These events have always been labor intensive requiring extra staffing just to keep track of all the planning and details required to make it a success. When we adopted basecamp we were all extremely skeptical - and we planned on having four temps on hand for the final three days, to pickup merchandise, wrap, package and stage the items we would be auctioning off. About four days out we were completely done! We didn't even need the extra help. The ability to collaborate with so many persons despite significant geographical separation, while retaining continuity is just not easy. Not only can the hand not see the foot but it doesn't know how many feet it has to call on - BaseCamp changes everything - we couldn't have been more pleased! Assigning due dates which can be made visible to all - prompted action - people didn't want to seem to be behind schedule (everyone would know). The work got done early. The multiple assignee feature worked like a dispatcher and then next available person got the next available task. And all this was visible to everyone on the team - so if any conflicts arose, you could get on the phone early or what we did most of the time was open a group chat because many times someone on the chat would be local to the problem and able to help more quickly. Growing every year, we would not be able to go back. Works like a charm and I would personally recommend this to any organization for profit or not who wants to track an event to a successful conclusion. Remarkable!

Pros

The visibility into everyone's business - it actually motivates participants to be timely (a huge factor in project collaboration) because everyone can see who is late.

Cons

Lots of emails (which you can adjust I know) but if you want to have everything reported to you - there is no way to get around email notifications.

Heather from Drink Michigan / Entente Spirits

A great option for small-medium size businesses just starting to use a Project Management Tool

Pros

I've implemented it at 3 different companies now. You can literally be up and running in 30 minutes. The learning curve is small so it was great for us to implement in a company with multiple locations and staff with different levels of technical abilities. It has helped us move out of communication silos and track project more efficiently. Leadership now has a clearer picture of what it really takes to accomplish something. It integrates with Google Docs which works much better than Word since you don't have to download the Google doc. They have very fast customer support and it's reasonably priced. It's web-based software so it's easy to access from anywhere you have an internet connection and they have a free app for mobile as well. It's funny, the people in our company that I thought would hate it the most and resist using it actually LOVE it the most!

Cons

Version 3 has some added functionality but has lost some of the simplicity because of it. For example, you can now assign multiple people to a ToDo and so each person's headshot shows up next to the ToDo. It's just a little distracting. You're not able to track the STATUS of a To Do (On hold, In progress, etc.) and Time tracking is a 3rd party add-on. I wish that was something you could turn on/off if you needed it. There are many 3rd party add-ons though for various things. I submitted the status thing many times over the years as a feature request but unfortunately it hasn't happened.

Displaying 1 - 50 of 11,974 reviews