• icon"It looks great and provides all required functionality to easily collaborate with both our office and remote employees."
  • icon"Thank you for voice messages and giphy integration I've been waiting for them so long. And your facebook community it's the best support channel guys."
  • icon"Free form search is great and lets us find a previous thread topic easily. Administration is also a snap."
  • icon"The only thing I can think of is that sometimes the desktop app wont launch with Windows. I am not sure if that is an issue with my PC though."
  • icon"You need to keep this in mind because if you are looking for ways to look at projects from different views (e.g. list, Kanban, timeline or Gantt chart) you are going to be disappointed."
  • icon"The uptime isn't always 100% guaranteed, but we've had fewer problems with it as time went by."

Browse all Chanty Reviews

• Have you used Chanty and would like to share your experience with others?

Mile

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

My favorite team chat app!

I completely stopped using all other messaging tools since picking up Chanty. I use it on my phone, PC and Mac without any issues. Excellent tool that is only bound to become better in the time to come.

Pros

So easy to set up and use, love the simplicity and the ability to search for unlimited number of messages. The free version is great for any small team looking to replace Slack!

Cons

No support for gif comments, but I hear they're working on it!

Response from Chanty

Dear Mile, Thank you for sharing your thoughts on Chanty! We have now added the gifs and you can easily use them in your conversations now!

Pia

August 2022

Love Chanty

Pros

We use chanty for work purposes and it suits most of our needs perfectly. It is simple to use and was easy to set up.

Cons

I would like videos to be shared more easily :)

Reasons for choosing Chanty

Chanty seemed a lot simpler and straight to the point, which it is and great for being that. Less is more.

Use something else, anything else

These folks seem very shady. They have a horrible 14-day return policy, which they enforce even on an annual subscription, meaning I can't get a partial refund even though we won't be using their software at all for the remaining 6 months of the subscription. Hundreds of dollars wasted. There's no way to cancel my account, the support phone number that appears on my invoice is disconnected, and I'm really concerned they're just going to automatically charge my card again in 6 more months. This company

Pros

It's cheaper than Slack. That's about it.

Cons

Lack of features, integrations, terrible company behind it.

Reasons for choosing Chanty

Price. Should've just paid a little more, maybe I would've gotten a decent chat system.

Reasons for switching to Chanty

Slack wanted too much ransom money just to let us see our chat history. Chanty seemed like a better idea at the time. I wish we had chosen some other option now.

Response from Chanty

Hi Troy, Thank you for the feedback. Like we mentioned, Chanty offers the 14-day return policy after every billing transaction to make sure our services work for your use case. As also mentioned in private communication before, your subscription for Chanty Business plan has been canceled. Your card will not be charged for the Chanty Services at the end of your billing cycle. You can continue using Chanty or request deleting your team space any time and erase all your data from Chanty. Finally, the contact phone is fully operational, you can schedule a call to make sure yourself. Thanks, Chanty Team

Replied February 2020

Hugo

Simply but lacks of integrations

Pros

Simplicity is one of the most important features this software has Ease of use as well, my team adapted rapidly Voice messages are the most important tool we have to communicate between us, no third party as sleack.

Cons

Integrations (It lacks integration with third parties: Calendar, Pcloud, and more)

Response from Chanty

Thank you for the review! We do our best to develop Chanty and make it more convenient and useful for you. And we are grateful for reasoned feedbacks that help us understand your expectations and needs better. For your convenience, we have created the Chanty Community on Facebook to get you informed about the latest updates, the hottest deals, and discounts, and help with all the possible concerns you might have so far. Join the community on FB (@TeamCollaboration) and have a nice day!

Replied January 2020

Aysel

Easy in use team chat

Probably, the most intuitive and easy to use chat for teams, valuing collaboration and effective communication. I am huge fan of tasks features - it really helps to organize workflow and save time. Their awesome blog is a real storehouse of tons of useful and unique information. Besides Chanty Team is the most involved and passioned about their product team, I have ever seen. They always provide actual information about the development process on Facebook group and instantly answer all users questions, objections and wishes.

Pros

- Unlimited messages - Easy in use - Great Customer Support. It is even possible to reach them via Facebook Group and get quick response! - Convenient tasks management - Intuitive Interface and great design

Cons

It will be awesome to add such feature as audio messages, but I have heard they are hardly working on it.

Response from Chanty

Hi Aysel and thanks for your feedback! We have great news, voice messaging is already available in Chanty. Feel free to give the new app version a try :) https://www.chanty.com/downloads.html

Replied May 2019

Vladyslav

Didn't know I needed it so badly!

Can't believe we wasted time using Messenger for work. Chanty brings team communication to a whole new level - not going back to any other tool with my team.

Pros

A friend talked me into using Chanty for our company - we were most communicating through Messenger before. Such a huge difference in the way we communicate, it brought our team productivity to a whole new level. The interface and layout are great - they're simply made to support work.

Cons

GIFs! One of the best parts about Messenger that's still missing in Chanty. Developers, hurry up with GIFs please!

Response from Chanty

Hi Vladyslav, Thank you for your feedback. We really appreciate it. Now you can insert GIFs in your chats. We hope that it will make your Chanty usage experience better.

Replied February 2021

Thank you for this tool. It's awesome

If you still have doubt about joining Chanty, just try it a few days. It's completely free to start and their support team are always ready to help with any question.

Pros

With Chanty, it was very simple to sign up and set up my teamspace. This was the main reason why I chose it. I had used other chat software before and they all had huge cons like high price, poor interface, crashes. Chanty is by far the easiest and most beautiful tool that I've every used.

Cons

Nothing. Chanty has all features I need for productive communication with collegues.

Response from Chanty

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on Chanty! We are happy to hear that you enjoy our services.

Replied March 2022

Great team chat to perform the tasks I need done, simply and cleanly

A communication tool that helps us keep track of projects and tasks, but most importantly is simple and intuitive to use.

Pros

Unlimited message history Collaboration and communication features Robust web, desktop and mobile apps Intuitive interface with fast onboarding of new members Powerful and relevant search in conversations and history timeline

Cons

Lack of custom emojis and advanced customization

Response from Chanty

Thank you for your feedback. We really appreciate it. We are working on it. Hope that it will make your Chanty usage experience better in the future.

Pavel

Must-have chat tool to make a team cooperate fluently in a virtual workplace

The best tool we’ve tried to communicate between remote teammates.

Pros

Simple, clean and easy app for team communication Intuitive tasks feature with ability to discuss any task in a dedicated conversation Teambook concept with team members, conversations, tasks and shared content Notifications, silent and Do not disturb mode Ability to manage members and conversations, share links and files with previews, watch media content in-app.

Cons

Unfortunately, it is not an open source service

Dmitriy

Chanty is our general chat tool to help us better communicate and organize team work

We are happy to standardize on a solution that allows us to track tasks as a team in one location for the latest information on each of our projects.

Pros

I love the following in Chanty: ability to pin messages in any conversation; adding most actively used conversations to Favorites; no limits in message history; easy file sharing across all apps; neat and clean mobile apps.

Cons

During the use of the application I did not find cons

Response from Chanty

Dear Dmitriy, We are happy to hear that you enjoy using Chanty and hoping to continue serving you in better ways everyday!

WORKS WELL, FLAWLESS UPTIME AND EASY TO LEARN -CHANTY

This allows up to time shift and keep work flow going, threads get updated around the clock and we can check status on where everyone is without waiting for the clock. It is very useful and powerful tool on both projects and general workflow.

Pros

Quick, fast and clear to learn, solid value and not messed up with too many options, lets us communicate across time zones effectively as we have staff in multiple locations including Philippines. Free form search is great and lets us find a previous thread topic easily. Administration is also a snap. I really like things that do exactly what they are supposed to. We had Hip-chat and they were bought by Slack and closed which we did NOT like, Slack is just far too much on options and integrations and a lot more expensive. We are not trying to run a software empire, just a business and this was a far better option for us.

Cons

Not much to not like. The darn thing works well.

Reasons for choosing Chanty

Like the simple and effective approach, they were pleasantly engaging and willing to respond quickly to support questions. Nice people

Reasons for switching to Chanty

Simplicity, point and shoot, ease of set up and cost.

Response from Chanty

Dear Paul, We are happy to hear that you are enjoying using Chanty!

Riccardo

Task management + team communication = Chanty

Pros

My all-time favorite Chanty feature is the Teambook. I like it because it is a quick and easy way for me to see everything that happens in Chanty...in one place. My tasks, matters related to the team, messages, shared files, links, I can find everything in my Teambook, even if I am using Chanty on my smartphone. Another big plus of using Chanty is that not only you will be able to communicate using the chat but you can do so with voice messages or even calls (both audio and video options are available) made inside Chanty. This means that Chanty can become your main hub for managing tasks, exchanging files and communicate with team members and other people.

Cons

Some project management tools over many more ways to look at projects than a simple Kanban board... unfortunately, this doesn't happen in Chanty. You need to keep this in mind because if you are looking for ways to look at projects from different views (e.g. list, Kanban, timeline or Gantt chart) you are going to be disappointed.

Response from Chanty

Dear Riccardo, Thank you for sharing your thoughts on your experience with using Chanty. We are happy to hear that you are having a good time using the app. However, we are also sorry about the cons you mentioned. We will escalate this to our developers and try to add this feature as soon as possible. Our goal is to satisfy you fully!

Vladimir

Best tool for instant messaging

As I mentioned above, Chanty is great for team communication. It's a simple, convenient and functional tool that help my team to stay productive every day.

Pros

Chanty has a very clear interface and isn't overload with confusing functionality. Currently, we use task discussions to communicate on separate topics, but we're looking forward to seeing Chanty threads. I'm sure it will be amazing!

Cons

Only a lack of audio calls prevent Chanty from becoming a leading communication software.

Response from Chanty

Vladimir, thanks for your review. We're glad to announce that from 0.7.0 version Chanty has audio calls across all platforms! Please update your Chanty apps. P.s. Feel free to join our community on Facebook to be the first to know the latest Chanty updates: https://www.facebook.com/groups/chanty.early.adopters/ :)

Replied March 2019

Remote team must have

Whether you're remote or in-office, a great tool worthy of your attention. Once you get used to it (takes an hour, I swear), it's the most practical way of communicating with your business team online.

Pros

I run a remote team of 13 workers, and we're all scattered around the world. Having great communication is extremely important to get our jobs done and that's why we chose Chanty. Since I can snooze notifications and play with the settings, I don't have to worry about someone from a different timezone disturbing me at any time. Also, their support has been very patient with us. Overall, we're very happy with our Chanty experience.

Cons

I know it's probably really small, but I'm missing the ""X is typing"" notification when I'm communcating in Chanty so that I know when someone is typing a message at the same time as I am :) Hopefully this will get fixed in upcoming updates.

Response from Chanty

Hi there, Thank you for your feedback. We really appreciate it. Now you can see this message in private chats. We hope that it will make your Chanty usage experience better.

Nandini

Team communication made easy

Such a great tool for such a small price per month. Lots of options which we aren’t even using and which hopefully we will try in the future. We’re very happy with Chanty and don’t intend to change it in the near future.

Pros

Chanty is super easy and intuitive to use. Setting it up and getting started with your team takes minutes and anyone with basic IT literacy can use it. The app is fast both in communication and in search, which is crucial for us because we send a lot of messages. We ended up using audio calls quite a lot, especially for group calls with our remote employees. The team keeps updating the app with new features every other month or so, so it’s interesting to see the progress.

Cons

Sometimes there are glitches with audio calls, but it usually happens once per week for an hour or two and then it’s gone. I think they are working on fixing this issue.

Response from Chanty

Dear Nandini, Thank you for sharing your thoughts on Chanty! We are happy that you enjoy using Chanty. We have fixed the bugs and hope the audio calls work perfect for you now!

Petra

Helps our remote team

For the primary purpose of communication, you really can't beat Chanty in terms of simplicity, ease of use and finally, the price.

Pros

We run a distributed team of 30 from all over the world, spread across five different timezones. Chanty's been our go-to tool for staying in touch and discussing work-related issues as well as having fun sharing memes and gifs. It works flawlessly and we've recommended it to other remote and distributed teams.

Cons

The task management feature is very basic - I'd love to see the ability to track tasks and see who's on them, what their status is, to assign subtasks, deadlines and more. Alternatively, a native Trello integration would be great.

Response from Chanty

Hi Petra, Thank you for your feedback. We really appreciate it. We have added an integration with Trello. Also now you can set deadlines, see who is on task and check its status. We hope that it will make your Chanty usage experience better.

Aleksey

Communication AND task management

For a complete beginner to team communication online, Chanty works great

Pros

I love the ability to assign tasks within Chanty, it's by far my favorite option. The design and interface are simple and great to use, even if you're not tech savvy like me. I enjoyed audio calls as well.

Cons

Integration with Basecamp would be great

Response from Chanty

Hi Aleksey, Thank you for your feedback. We really appreciate it. We are working on integration with Basecamp for the moment. We hope that it will make your Chanty usage experience better.

Juan