• Pros

• "There are five things that I like most about Chanty: an intuitive interface; smart search; tasks; embedded videos; price."

• "So easy to set up and use, love the simplicity and the ability to search for unlimited number of messages. The free version is great for any small team looking to replace Slack!"

• "-Easy for my Non-Tech People to Use -Tons of great features for my Tech-Team -Intuitive Interface -Great Customer Support -Always integrating new features "

• Cons

• "Only a lack of audio calls prevent Chanty from becoming a leading communication software."

• "Lack of custom emojis and advanced customization "

• "Nothing. Chanty has all features I need for productive communication with collegues."

Browse Chanty Reviews

Aysel from FINANCIAL SERVICES

Easy in use team chat

Probably, the most intuitive and easy to use chat for teams, valuing collaboration and effective communication. I am huge fan of tasks features - it really helps to organize workflow and save time. Their awesome blog is a real storehouse of tons of useful and unique information. Besides Chanty Team is the most involved and passioned about their product team, I have ever seen. They always provide actual information about the development process on Facebook group and instantly answer all users questions, objections and wishes.

Pros

- Unlimited messages - Easy in use - Great Customer Support. It is even possible to reach them via Facebook Group and get quick response! - Convenient tasks management - Intuitive Interface and great design

Cons

It will be awesome to add such feature as audio messages, but I have heard they are hardly working on it.

Response from Chanty

Replied May 2019

Hi Aysel and thanks for your feedback! We have great news, voice messaging is already available in Chanty. Feel free to give the new app version a try :) https://www.chanty.com/downloads.html

Paul from Cost Control Team

WORKS WELL, FLAWLESS UPTIME AND EASY TO LEARN -CHANTY

This allows up to time shift and keep work flow going, threads get updated around the clock and we can check status on where everyone is without waiting for the clock. It is very useful and powerful tool on both projects and general workflow.

Pros

Quick, fast and clear to learn, solid value and not messed up with too many options, lets us communicate across time zones effectively as we have staff in multiple locations including Philippines. Free form search is great and lets us find a previous thread topic easily. Administration is also a snap. I really like things that do exactly what they are supposed to. We had Hip-chat and they were bought by Slack and closed which we did NOT like, Slack is just far too much on options and integrations and a lot more expensive. We are not trying to run a software empire, just a business and this was a far better option for us.

Cons

Not much to not like. The darn thing works well.

Reasons for Choosing Chanty

Like the simple and effective approach, they were pleasantly engaging and willing to respond quickly to support questions. Nice people

Use something else, anything else

These folks seem very shady. They have a horrible 14-day return policy, which they enforce even on an annual subscription, meaning I can't get a partial refund even though we won't be using their software at all for the remaining 6 months of the subscription. Hundreds of dollars wasted. There's no way to cancel my account, the support phone number that appears on my invoice is disconnected, and I'm really concerned they're just going to automatically charge my card again in 6 more months. This company

Pros

It's cheaper than Slack. That's about it.

Cons

Lack of features, integrations, terrible company behind it.

Reasons for Choosing Chanty

Price. Should've just paid a little more, maybe I would've gotten a decent chat system.

Response from Chanty

Replied February 2020

Hi Troy, Thank you for the feedback. Like we mentioned, Chanty offers the 14-day return policy after every billing transaction to make sure our services work for your use case. As also mentioned in private communication before, your subscription for Chanty Business plan has been canceled. Your card will not be charged for the Chanty Services at the end of your billing cycle. You can continue using Chanty or request deleting your team space any time and erase all your data from Chanty. Finally, the contact phone is fully operational, you can schedule a call to make sure yourself. Thanks, Chanty Team

Hugo from Inca Lake

Simply but lacks of integrations

Pros

Simplicity is one of the most important features this software has Ease of use as well, my team adapted rapidly Voice messages are the most important tool we have to communicate between us, no third party as sleack.

Cons

Integrations (It lacks integration with third parties: Calendar, Pcloud, and more)

Response from Chanty

Replied January 2020

Thank you for the review! We do our best to develop Chanty and make it more convenient and useful for you. And we are grateful for reasoned feedbacks that help us understand your expectations and needs better. For your convenience, we have created the Chanty Community on Facebook to get you informed about the latest updates, the hottest deals, and discounts, and help with all the possible concerns you might have so far. Join the community on FB (@TeamCollaboration) and have a nice day!

Vladyslav from Qualium

Didn't know I needed it so badly!

Can't believe we wasted time using Messenger for work. Chanty brings team communication to a whole new level - not going back to any other tool with my team.

Pros

A friend talked me into using Chanty for our company - we were most communicating through Messenger before. Such a huge difference in the way we communicate, it brought our team productivity to a whole new level. The interface and layout are great - they're simply made to support work.

Cons

GIFs! One of the best parts about Messenger that's still missing in Chanty. Developers, hurry up with GIFs please!

Nandini from ProofHub

Team communication made easy

Such a great tool for such a small price per month. Lots of options which we aren’t even using and which hopefully we will try in the future. We’re very happy with Chanty and don’t intend to change it in the near future.

Pros

Chanty is super easy and intuitive to use. Setting it up and getting started with your team takes minutes and anyone with basic IT literacy can use it. The app is fast both in communication and in search, which is crucial for us because we send a lot of messages. We ended up using audio calls quite a lot, especially for group calls with our remote employees. The team keeps updating the app with new features every other month or so, so it’s interesting to see the progress.

Cons

Sometimes there are glitches with audio calls, but it usually happens once per week for an hour or two and then it’s gone. I think they are working on fixing this issue.

Pavel from HelpCrunch

Must-have chat tool to make a team cooperate fluently in a virtual workplace

The best tool we’ve tried to communicate between remote teammates.

Pros

Simple, clean and easy app for team communication Intuitive tasks feature with ability to discuss any task in a dedicated conversation Teambook concept with team members, conversations, tasks and shared content Notifications, silent and Do not disturb mode Ability to manage members and conversations, share links and files with previews, watch media content in-app.

Cons

Unfortunately, it is not an open source service

Daniil from HelpCrunch

Great solution for small teams

Chanty is a great tool for communication at work. For the last month, all the updates are a huge breakthrough. Hope the guys will continue to work on improving their product. Looking forward to audio calls!

Pros

1) Handy Teambook hub 2) Creating, managing and discussing tasks 3) Unlimited history

Cons

1) Missing audio calls 2) Needs more integrations

Response from Chanty

Replied March 2019

Thanks for your review Daniil! Hurry up to check out the new Chanty 0.7.0 version with unlimited audio calls, Zapier integration and much more :)

Mile from BlueNovius: Digital Pharma Marketing Agency

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

My favorite team chat app!

I completely stopped using all other messaging tools since picking up Chanty. I use it on my phone, PC and Mac without any issues. Excellent tool that is only bound to become better in the time to come.

Pros

Cons

No support for gif comments, but I hear they're working on it!

Dmitriy from Digifico GmbH

Chanty is our general chat tool to help us better communicate and organize team work

We are happy to standardize on a solution that allows us to track tasks as a team in one location for the latest information on each of our projects.

Pros

I love the following in Chanty: ability to pin messages in any conversation; adding most actively used conversations to Favorites; no limits in message history; easy file sharing across all apps; neat and clean mobile apps.

Cons

During the use of the application I did not find cons

Vladimir from Information Technology and Services

Best tool for instant messaging

As I mentioned above, Chanty is great for team communication. It's a simple, convenient and functional tool that help my team to stay productive every day.

Pros

Chanty has a very clear interface and isn't overload with confusing functionality. Currently, we use task discussions to communicate on separate topics, but we're looking forward to seeing Chanty threads. I'm sure it will be amazing!

Cons

Response from Chanty

Replied March 2019

Vladimir, thanks for your review. We're glad to announce that from 0.7.0 version Chanty has audio calls across all platforms! Please update your Chanty apps. P.s. Feel free to join our community on Facebook to be the first to know the latest Chanty updates: https://www.facebook.com/groups/chanty.early.adopters/ :)

Thank you for this tool. It's awesome

If you still have doubt about joining Chanty, just try it a few days. It's completely free to start and their support team are always ready to help with any question.

Pros

With Chanty, it was very simple to sign up and set up my teamspace. This was the main reason why I chose it. I had used other chat software before and they all had huge cons like high price, poor interface, crashes. Chanty is by far the easiest and most beautiful tool that I've every used.

Remote team must have

Whether you're remote or in-office, a great tool worthy of your attention. Once you get used to it (takes an hour, I swear), it's the most practical way of communicating with your business team online.

Pros

I run a remote team of 13 workers, and we're all scattered around the world. Having great communication is extremely important to get our jobs done and that's why we chose Chanty. Since I can snooze notifications and play with the settings, I don't have to worry about someone from a different timezone disturbing me at any time. Also, their support has been very patient with us. Overall, we're very happy with our Chanty experience.

Cons

I know it's probably really small, but I'm missing the ""X is typing"" notification when I'm communcating in Chanty so that I know when someone is typing a message at the same time as I am :) Hopefully this will get fixed in upcoming updates.

Evgeniy from Fabware

Lightweight chat platform for business communication with unlimited message history

Simple Slack alternative with unlimited message history and zero learning curve

Pros

Searching through unlimited message history Ability to handle tasks as a team at one central location for the latest information on each of our projects Easy navigation through the app Sending multiple files without compression Engaging my team with GIFs, reactions, emojis.

Cons

Can’t install it on my own servers .

Great team chat to perform the tasks I need done, simply and cleanly

A communication tool that helps us keep track of projects and tasks, but most importantly is simple and intuitive to use.

Pros

Unlimited message history Collaboration and communication features Robust web, desktop and mobile apps Intuitive interface with fast onboarding of new members Powerful and relevant search in conversations and history timeline

Cons

Lack of custom emojis and advanced customization

Angelina from EPAM Systems

An effective tool to communicate at work

I highly recommend Chanty if you are looking for an effective chat tool for your small business.

Pros

I love that they've added tasks and the ability to manage a team space. Btw, the Facebook community is so much fun. Great support!

Cons

None. Up to this point, I haven't found any problems.

Response from Chanty

Replied March 2019

Thanks for your review Angelina! Glad that you enjoy using Chanty :)

Aleksey from Media

Communication AND task management

For a complete beginner to team communication online, Chanty works great

Pros

I love the ability to assign tasks within Chanty, it's by far my favorite option. The design and interface are simple and great to use, even if you're not tech savvy like me. I enjoyed audio calls as well.

Cons

Integration with Basecamp would be great

Petra from Better Proposals

Helps our remote team

For the primary purpose of communication, you really can't beat Chanty in terms of simplicity, ease of use and finally, the price.

Pros

We run a distributed team of 30 from all over the world, spread across five different timezones. Chanty's been our go-to tool for staying in touch and discussing work-related issues as well as having fun sharing memes and gifs. It works flawlessly and we've recommended it to other remote and distributed teams.

Cons

The task management feature is very basic - I'd love to see the ability to track tasks and see who's on them, what their status is, to assign subtasks, deadlines and more. Alternatively, a native Trello integration would be great.

Made us switch from Fleep

Miles better than Fleep and simply worth the monthly fee. Tons of great features that just make sense for a workplace app, and the best of all is that the app keeps improving month after month in our use - the team is working hard on bringing new features. Definitely worth keeping an eye out for Chanty in the future.

Pros

We've used Fleep for the most part of the last year but switched when we became tired of paying to have access to our own workspace. Chanty does the job beautifully and even costs less. It feels like an actual team communication app and not a public channel for chatting with anyone who comes by.

Cons

The uptime isn't always 100% guaranteed, but we've had fewer problems with it as time went by.

Ilya from Docsify

Chanty makes communication simple

We use Chanty for the past 5 months. For all the time we've never had any problems with the app performance. When questions arise, Chanty support reacts instantly.

Pros

I can quickly reach everyone in my team. Then, with Chanty, I can create a task from any message and discuss it. In a way, it’s kind of a thread functionality. I'm easily able to share files. I also love the support for gifs and embedded videos.

Cons

Adding audio and video calls would be great!

Response from Chanty

Replied March 2019

Hey Ilya! Thank you for the review. Have you updated your Chanty apps to version 0.7.0? :) In the new Chanty version, you'll find unlimited calls and conferences across all platforms, integration with amazing Zapier, code snippets support and much more!

Akhil from Aberame creative solutions

The best communication tool for corporates

Pros

I liked everything about chanty starting from name of the product to UI and Ux everything is awesome about this.The best in the market i would say

Cons

very minor improvements like threads, video calls etc.

Collin from Elijah List

Good for my whole team

The Chanty team has been super responsive in regards to feedback for new features, and community engagement letting people know what is going on in the development process. I was looking for a business solution for team chat and Chanty has been great to use. It is very easy for even the non-tech members of our team to pick up and use, and with each new release it keeps getting better.

Pros

Cons

-Lack of Status Messages: "AFK" "On Lunch" "In a Meeting" "QA Testing Project 1"

Denis from SoftServe

Looks great! Works great!

Chanty is my favorite communication tool I've ever used. I like to keep track of its progress and I'm looking forward to the official release. Can bet it will to be absolutely fantastic.

Pros

Cons

Still waiting for the dark theme :( Add it asap please

Response from Chanty

Replied March 2019

Hi Denis. Thank you for your review. We are pleased to inform you that from version 0.6.5, Chanty has a dark theme. Feel free to join our community on Facebook to be the first to know about the latest Chanty updates: https://www.facebook.com/groups/chanty.early.adopters/

Danica from Feedier

Fast and simple!

Our team from Feedier switched to Chanty from HipChat when we found out that it is going to be discontinued in 2019. We use it for internal communication. Love how easy it is and feel very comfortable chatting there.

Pros

Amazing onboarding! It looks great and provides all required functionality to easily collaborate with both our office and remote employees.

Cons

-Lack of the ability to mute the specific channel. -Lack of threads.

Replaces three tools

Great value for the money per user, a worthy competitor to Slack.

Pros

For communication in our team, we used a combination of Slack, Skype and Messenger. With Chanty, we get the best of everything - a free tool that lets us communicate for work without restrictions, available across apps.

Cons

We really need voice messages. As far as I know, this feature is coming so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Oleg from ArtLemon

Works fast and looks niceij

When I first heard about Chanty from my friend I was skeptical about it. Nevertheless, I decided to try it. Today I can't imagine my team communication without Chanty. Chanty is fast and beautiful and really makes teamwork more productive.

Pros

I've tried Chanty apps on Mac, iPhone and web and they all work great.

Cons

Cons of Chanty are the inability to mute channels and the lack of a dark theme for mobile.

Ann from Kenaz

Industry: Translation and Localization

Chanty is the best for team communication

Our team is 9 people, so we still use Chanty for free. However, we plan an increase in the team size and the afordable price is one of the key points we consider. Chanty price looks nice, I think it meets the features provided.

Pros

I love Chanty's smart design and cool features: Audio calls Tasks Zapier integration Code snippets Dark theme Mentions

Cons

I can't wait for a dark theme for mobile

Carsten from G-TAC Software

Breath of fresh air

If you want a piece of software that is fast, has a decent amount of features and doesn't cost much, Chanty is the team chat app to go.

Pros

Our team's been using Slack for the best part in the last year. It's okay, except the fact that it's becoming increasingly slow over time... Chanty's lightning fast and has almost all of the features - we love it.

Cons

I miss the native integrations in Slack, especially the support for Google Drive and Docs. Other than that, it's really an improvement in all aspects.

Michael from LLC Navion

Amazing team chat solution

Chanty is an absolutely fantastic tool for team communication. I recommend it to everyone.

Pros

The latest release is super cool! Thank you for voice messages and giphy integration I've been waiting for them so long. And your facebook community it's the best support channel guys. Thank you!

Cons

The only thing missing is group video calls