• icon"Small group or 1 on 1 messaging without having to share personal cell # between staff members. Being remote 100% has been a challenge but Crew saved our team."
  • icon"It is a great way for our team to communicate more effectively and efficiently and with less confusition on who messages are intended for."
  • icon"Lots of space for file storage and sharing. Immediate responses and notifications when someone needs help."
  • icon"What I don't like is that there is no way of known if an individual has received and/or read the notification."
  • icon"When wanting to give a quick thumbs up or respond without words, it is difficult to understand how this is done or how to simply react to a message."
  • icon"A little feedback from staff about late PM messaging, but that also happened in a group text too. The task assignments are a little difficult to edit recurring tasks."

All Crew Reviews

Nadia

Industry: Recreational Facilities and Services

February 2022

Love this app for work!

I've enjoyed using the Crew app as a form of communication with my coworkers/for work purposes. We're able to share important updates and announcements with all staff, calendars and schedules, files and important docs, all in the app. It's nice to have a way to communicate without having to text everyone with my personal phone.

Pros

Easy to navigate the app. I like being able to use this app to communicate with coworkers instead of reaching out with my cell phone/personal number. We used to have multiple Facebook groups to communicate information between staff but not everyone has Facebook. With the Crew app, everyone has access to it, unless they're younger and don't have a cell phone then their parent is on the app. I also like that I'm able to turn off notifications for threads if I don't want to be bothered.

Cons

Lately, there's nothing to report that I like least about this app.

Reasons for switching to Crew

Easier to use to communicate with all staff. Not everyone has Facebook/uses social media.

Crew is a great platform for our team!

My partner company started with crew, then left to a competitor product that turned out to be awful for our needs. We are now back on Crew and you can immediately see the difference in participation, communication, and productivity.

Pros

Easy to use and add members. Lots of space for file storage and sharing. Immediate responses and notifications when someone needs help.

Cons

Nothing that I have found. When we left I was hopeful but really disliked the new app. I am so glad we are back on Crew!

Reasons for switching to Crew

Crew was much easier to use, has more storage, unlimited adds of coworkers... a much better app overall.

Crew

This works alright as a free software, but it certainly doesn't have the overall capabilities to be your only scheduling software for any complex industry.

Pros

Crew is great for messaging employees, and especially for sending out mass announcements.

Cons

It's a little difficult to use for scheduling when there are various job roles and departments. It also is notorious among staff for sending way too many annoying notifications.

Kevin

September 2022

Best Group Chat for Team oriented Employees

A great way to communicate with your “Crew” at work. Team oriented app.

Pros

The fact that you’re able to see who saw the message you sent on the group. If they weren’t able to see it you can tag/forward them on the chat to notify them again.

Cons

If an employee leaves you’re unable to have that contact saved on the app. So once someone leaves they’re gone for good until invited back.

Reasons for choosing Crew

Because it has a more modern look compared to other apps.

Easy team networking without having to give out your personal line!

Overall we love Crew. It does exactly what we need by creating a networking chat group filled with competitive friendly banter. We have a sales team with a relatively high turnover so it would be nearly impossible to have a consistent group text message (adding and deleting people often). This keeps it easy to add people to our organization and, best of all, no one has to give out their personal cellphone numbers - keeping personal and work life separate! It has also been a great place to keep frequently used reference sheets like cost of goods lists and other files reps may need in the field, you can quickly find these at a glance using the "Team Files" feature. Adding and confirming or completing tasks is simple and helps our staff stay on top of pressing issues or clients that need to be followed up on.

Pros

- Easy to add and delete new users - Simple to use - Networking within a team or organization without having to give out your personal phone number - Great functionality for "rewarding" team members for a job well done - Free version includes ability to add team files, resources, and tasks - Assign tasks to specific users - Group and direct messaging

Cons

Could be organized a little better. The layout and main "Chat" tab shows all of your conversations and resources - but it mixes them in order of most recent without an option to organize them differently. This gets a little messy when you have direct messages among Team Files, Tasks, and "Everyone" chat groups.

Adam

Fanatastic Tool For Part-Time Staff Schedules & Communication

I have loved using Crew! I used it in managing a library staff with varied hours, guaranteed shifts, shift changes and more. I have deployed it with my current venture of managing cleaning schedules/responsibilities with staff members for short term rental properties. It has worked great!

Pros

Crew is a great software/app for managing part-time staff with varied schedules and responsibilities. Super easy deployment, versatility in how your structure the communication portals and makes schedule switching functional.

Cons

Crew is not a robust tool that solves every situation or use case. Some area could be flushed out or you have to develop your own situational workflow to compensate for things. However, the good outweighs the limitations and if they tried to solve for every situation it would simply be another robust and complicated tool that becomes out-priced for how it would be used.

Reasons for choosing Crew

I chose Crew because of the ease for managing varied schedules with a variety of people and for the communication logs in one central location. It is easier to deploy and manage than a lot of the other communication tools.

Renata

February 2022

An Educators Review of Crew

Overall, my experience with Crew has been a good one. It has allowed me to be in the loop with other teachers and to know right away what my schedule for the week will look like.

Pros

I most enjoy crew for the way in which it makes communicating with other teachers and administrators so easy and efficient. I receive real time notifications about scheduling as well as notifications should there be any threat to the school or the students safety.

Cons

I least enjoy how difficult it is to react to other users messages on crew. When wanting to give a quick thumbs up or respond without words, it is difficult to understand how this is done or how to simply react to a message. I also would like to be able to find media more easily that has been sent several weeks or months ago.

Jessica

Staff Scheduling in a Breeze

Pros

Crew was a godsend when we found it. We had been attempting to get by with scheduling using a variety of calendar methods, but Crew took the place of all of them quickly and easily. We can schedule our events and allow staff to request them. We can use the software to set up meetings and to chat with staff if needed. And the support team is just a chat away within the software if you ever need them.

Cons

Sometimes it's clunky to switch between companies. There are some features that have been slow to roll out.

Group Messaging Hero

Offered a special incentive of dress-down day if they replied to message on Crew - that really helped opt-in rate of staff! I like the login using your cell # instead of a random password and username for staff. I enjoy the option to add additional companies or divisions within my dashboard by upgrading to Pro. Good customer support.

Pros

During Covid we needed a way to message entire group or specific teams. This allows me to send out announcements and allow team to discuss projects. Small group or 1 on 1 messaging without having to share personal cell # between staff members. Being remote 100% has been a challenge but Crew saved our team! Biggest plus is I can remove staff who no longer work here and control notifications. Simple to use.

Cons

A little feedback from staff about late PM messaging, but that also happened in a group text too. The task assignments are a little difficult to edit recurring tasks. Wish the SCHEDULE feature was more dynamic than just a photo of the printed schedule. When someone joins it sends an intro to the whole group, some find that embarrassing. - minor irritation.

Reasons for choosing Crew

Wanted control to add people, delete staff, and their app to send notifications of messages. Did not want to require Facebook membership to access group messaging.

Anna

All in one platform

It's an easy for colleagues to communicate without violating personal privacy.

Pros

I love the ease of communicating with my team members. You can communicate with all or create a group smaller group for a specific project.

Cons

I can't think of anything that I would change!

Great For Scheduling

Pros

The app makes it extremely easy to schedule my team for their shifts, as well as sending updates and notifications. The app stores employee availability for easy access and reference.

Cons

Constant notification to purchase full app, and customer service asking if i need help using, this becomes tiresome and overbearing at times.

Handy app for coworkers

Pros

Sometimes it is difficult to get everyone's number at work - but your boss has everyone's number and can connect coworkers via crew. It's an excellent route for shift coverage, a place to ask questions if you're at work and no one there knows the answer, for distributing the schedule, for general camaraderie and ideas. Keeps people's number private too.

Cons

I don't have any complaints about the software. Crew has some built in messages to try and get people to utilize certain functions that look a little messy in the feed. The calendar might be a bit superfluous - seems like a lot of extra work to upload all the info there. We don't use it, we just use pictures for schedules and things.

Jill

Industry: Veterinary

Amazing!

This makes communicating fun at work. Doctors can take pictures of animals in treatment and do rounds with each other without being there in person. Awesome!

Pros

Everyone doesn’t have to clutter up their phone with the phone numbers of all the employees. We are able to add everyone, create groups and text back and forth through the app. We need this with this era. The more communication the better.

Cons

Not much. Love all the capabilities. Would be great to have chats organized more.

Katelyn

Simple communication program with employees

Overall I feel indifferent to Crew. I'm not actively looking to change but if I found something that seemed like it may work better I would be willing to switch.

Pros

It is easy to send a mass text to all of my staff and we are able to send announcements to everyone quickly. It makes communicating simple information to everyone quickly and effectively.

Cons

I have to mute many of the conversations because I get notifications when everyone responds. Not sure if there is a way to turn off sound notifications but I've looked and haven't found anything.

Kari

Highly recommend!

Pros

My company has used Crew for a long time now. It’s great to have all of our company communications in one place. Highly useful tool.

Cons

I’d like more support from customer service in how to fully optimize the software.

brandi

Crew keep my crew connected!

Pros

It's so easy to use and keep the whole crew connected and communicating.

Cons

The portion of the app designed to help create the CREW schedule is not as user friendly as I had hoped.

Keri

Industry: Supermarkets

Perfect for what we needed

Works pretty decently as we needed a better way to contact everyone even if they weren't here for a few days.

Pros

Cons

It gives the option for notifications which sometimes leaves messages unread because it's not seen right away.

Ron

Team uses the Crew Messaging App

The Crew Messaging App is not just for work. Any organization can use these features.

Pros

You do not need to know telephone numbers of the other people you communicate with in order to use the app.

Cons

Like any new technology, there are imperfections, but every new version gets better.

Kari