• Pros

• "It's so easy to use and keep the whole crew connected and communicating."

• "The app makes it extremely easy to schedule my team for their shifts, as well as sending updates and notifications. The app stores employee availability for easy access and reference. "

• "You do not need to know telephone numbers of the other people you communicate with in order to use the app."

• Cons

• "Constant notification to purchase full app, and customer service asking if i need help using, this becomes tiresome and overbearing at times."

• "The portion of the app designed to help create the CREW schedule is not as user friendly as I had hoped."

• "Like any new technology, there are imperfections, but every new version gets better."

Browse Crew Reviews

Kelly from Chick Fil A At The Ridge

Crew is an amazing addition to our team communication

Pros

It is so easy to use. If you have questions, all you have to do is contact them or get answers on the app itself. My crew loves the ability to mass message when needed. They love the fact that we can post a schedule

Easy team networking without having to give out your personal line!

Overall we love Crew. It does exactly what we need by creating a networking chat group filled with competitive friendly banter. We have a sales team with a relatively high turnover so it would be nearly impossible to have a consistent group text message (adding and deleting people often). This keeps it easy to add people to our organization and, best of all, no one has to give out their personal cellphone numbers - keeping personal and work life separate! It has also been a great place to keep frequently used reference sheets like cost of goods lists and other files reps may need in the field, you can quickly find these at a glance using the "Team Files" feature. Adding and confirming or completing tasks is simple and helps our staff stay on top of pressing issues or clients that need to be followed up on.

Pros

- Easy to add and delete new users - Simple to use - Networking within a team or organization without having to give out your personal phone number - Great functionality for "rewarding" team members for a job well done - Free version includes ability to add team files, resources, and tasks - Assign tasks to specific users - Group and direct messaging

Cons

Could be organized a little better. The layout and main "Chat" tab shows all of your conversations and resources - but it mixes them in order of most recent without an option to organize them differently. This gets a little messy when you have direct messages among Team Files, Tasks, and "Everyone" chat groups.

Crew

This works alright as a free software, but it certainly doesn't have the overall capabilities to be your only scheduling software for any complex industry.

Pros

Crew is great for messaging employees, and especially for sending out mass announcements.

Cons

It's a little difficult to use for scheduling when there are various job roles and departments. It also is notorious among staff for sending way too many annoying notifications.

Sebastien from Greater Grace Inc.

Saved our team management

I will be using this app for a long time. There's nothing quite like to it there

Pros

Scheduling and communicating with everyone is a breeze. Also the reminders are great because everyone knows when they are scheduled.

Cons

All the power is in the hand of the admins and if you are not one than you wished you had access to some of the changing power.

Adam from Flats Luxury Suites

Fanatastic Tool For Part-Time Staff Schedules & Communication

I have loved using Crew! I used it in managing a library staff with varied hours, guaranteed shifts, shift changes and more. I have deployed it with my current venture of managing cleaning schedules/responsibilities with staff members for short term rental properties. It has worked great!

Pros

Crew is a great software/app for managing part-time staff with varied schedules and responsibilities. Super easy deployment, versatility in how your structure the communication portals and makes schedule switching functional.

Cons

Crew is not a robust tool that solves every situation or use case. Some area could be flushed out or you have to develop your own situational workflow to compensate for things. However, the good outweighs the limitations and if they tried to solve for every situation it would simply be another robust and complicated tool that becomes out-priced for how it would be used.

Reasons for Choosing Crew

I chose Crew because of the ease for managing varied schedules with a variety of people and for the communication logs in one central location. It is easier to deploy and manage than a lot of the other communication tools.

Jill from Ballston Spa Veterinary Clinic

Industry: Veterinary

Amazing!

This makes communicating fun at work. Doctors can take pictures of animals in treatment and do rounds with each other without being there in person. Awesome!

Pros

Everyone doesn’t have to clutter up their phone with the phone numbers of all the employees. We are able to add everyone, create groups and text back and forth through the app. We need this with this era. The more communication the better.

Cons

Not much. Love all the capabilities. Would be great to have chats organized more.

Katelyn from Warren Woods Christian Childcare and Preschool

Simple communication program with employees

Overall I feel indifferent to Crew. I'm not actively looking to change but if I found something that seemed like it may work better I would be willing to switch.

Pros

It is easy to send a mass text to all of my staff and we are able to send announcements to everyone quickly. It makes communicating simple information to everyone quickly and effectively.

Cons

I have to mute many of the conversations because I get notifications when everyone responds. Not sure if there is a way to turn off sound notifications but I've looked and haven't found anything.

Jessica from Real Hero Parties

Staff Scheduling in a Breeze

Pros

Crew was a godsend when we found it. We had been attempting to get by with scheduling using a variety of calendar methods, but Crew took the place of all of them quickly and easily. We can schedule our events and allow staff to request them. We can use the software to set up meetings and to chat with staff if needed. And the support team is just a chat away within the software if you ever need them.

Cons

Sometimes it's clunky to switch between companies. There are some features that have been slow to roll out.

Kari from yogaRIOT

Highly recommend!

Pros

My company has used Crew for a long time now. It’s great to have all of our company communications in one place. Highly useful tool.

Cons

I’d like more support from customer service in how to fully optimize the software.

brandi from Orion Personal Care Residence

Crew keep my crew connected!

Pros

It's so easy to use and keep the whole crew connected and communicating.

Great For Scheduling

Ron from Votescotty.com

Team uses the Crew Messaging App

The Crew Messaging App is not just for work. Any organization can use these features.

Kari from yogaRIOT

Love it

Pros

It’s easy to communicate with employees using crew. Having a group chat is simple and then having private messages are easy.

Cons

They have default groups that have created that have created some confusion.

Handy app for coworkers

Pros

Sometimes it is difficult to get everyone's number at work - but your boss has everyone's number and can connect coworkers via crew. It's an excellent route for shift coverage, a place to ask questions if you're at work and no one there knows the answer, for distributing the schedule, for general camaraderie and ideas. Keeps people's number private too.

Cons

I don't have any complaints about the software. Crew has some built in messages to try and get people to utilize certain functions that look a little messy in the feed. The calendar might be a bit superfluous - seems like a lot of extra work to upload all the info there. We don't use it, we just use pictures for schedules and things.

Bridgitte from CAN

First time user

Pros

I like that we can communicate with all employees and we get group messages

Cons

I don't like that we get group messages when it should be chat messages but I think that is a user issue

Amber from Harps Food Store

Wow! Ease of use! So much help from Crew support! Great for communication!

Pros

Communication! No more texting everyone individually. Easy to use, don't have to explain much to new people.

Cons

So far nothing really. Need to get a few features I've recommended but that will be worked on in the future I'm sure

Dan from Lancaster Property Inspections

Great for Scheduling

We love it using Crew for our scheduling and communication between co-workers.

Pros

We use this software for scheduling workers. We like that it is free to use and has an app and sends you alerts.

Cons

Some of our workers had a hard time figuring out how to see their schedule on the app but after a month everyone got it down pretty well.

We use Crew to coordinate cleaning shifts for a yoga studio.

Pros

I love using Crew to be able to chat with fellow cleaners and get my shifts covered/pick up shifts. I was not on the app for my first month or so, and I absolutely love not having to bother the woman who organizes the shift, every time I have a conflict. It is especially useful for us because we clean alone and I have yet to meet another cleaner.

Cons

No ones shift schedule is available to view on the app. It would be useful to see my schedule along with everyone else's somewhere in the app. Also, I would like to turn on notifications ONLY when my shifts are covered or the other cleaner approves my request for a shift. I do not need to know what is going on in the chat all the time, but I also do not want to constantly have to check the app to make sure someone has covered my shift.

Jennifer from BCPS aftercare program

I love Crew!

10/10 would recommend for any business needing a way to communicate with coworkers or employees without blowing up text messages and giving out phone numbers

Pros

It's really useful and amazing to me! very user friendly and easy to organize! I also like that it's separate from your actual phone

Cons

Absolutely nothing. I love it. I can't think of any improvements necessary. Amazing and 10/10 rating.

Autumn from Ghassan Automotive

LOVE THIS APP

We can be more productive with this application because of the accountability that comes with being able to see who has viewed the message. Very helpful.

Pros

We use to communicate via traditional messaging threads, this gives us a much more manageable system of accountability.

Cons

I have not found anything really as of yet that I don't care for. All features seem to function without failure.

Sadie from Greenix

Industry: Environmental Services

Great communication app!

Overall it was great! A great, easy to use communication source.

Pros

I loved how I could easily make an announcement to my team and that they all wouldn’t be able to reply.

Cons

I wish I could delete the chat feature. We wanted to use the app purely for announcements. Group chats are too much to handle.

Jay from Roots raw juice bar

Excellent means of team communications

Pros

I love how easy the software is to use for communicating with other crew members. It's quick and effective and linking your number allows for quick access

Cons

My only complaint would be that here and there I won't get notifications through the app and I miss important messages

Melanie from Spectra by Comcast Spectacor

Great for scheduling and a group messaging with work team.

Pros

I love that we're able to send out staff-wide alerts and updated without sharing personal phone numbers. Scheduling feature is easy to read and great functionality.

Cons

Navigating the dashboard is a bit clunky with quickly looking at the schedule.

Thomas from Johnson & Johnson

My military unit uses this to disseminate non-secure information to team

Pros

What I love most about this application is that it is a mobile-friendly application that is available to you on the go. It literally gives me the power to pass information on to hundreds of people at the same time with just a tap of a button

Cons

What I don't like is that there is no way of known if an individual has received and/or read the notification. It would be cool if there was an indication next to each contact to let you know if they saw the msg.

Laura from Little Blessings Preschool

I'm using this to contact a group of volunteers for a ministry team, it's easier than just using SMS

Pros

Team is already in a group, so I can send an email to everyone, or just pull out a few people that I need

Cons

Had to figure it out on my own, didn't have great instructions after initial set-up. I'm still trying to figure out how to change a phone number on one person.

Yasseen from TEDxYouth@SIS

Used it for my team to message.

Pros

Has an announcement tab which is amazing that only admins can send meesages, also it has an option for managing shifts.

Cons

Free version isn't that good compared to the Payed one, which is a bit expensive for a start up or a small organisation.