• Pros

• "It is very robust. The communication is clear. It is easy to use and takes up very little data. It works perfectly with android."

• "Zello is a great "walkie talkie" app, it functions well and you are able to communicate clearly with others in your group. I like the push to talk button and that you can replay messages."

• "I like being able to have radio communications with those I with at all times especially in places our radio system fails. The software is great and easy to use. "

• Cons

• "No cons really. I’m very simple and this app is very simple for me. Anyone can use it. I think the app does need a update but other than that all good "

• "Has more capabilities, but they want more money for each one. "

• "No "cons" that I can think of. You do have to install the software on your phone, though."

Browse Zello Reviews

Kerry from Champions cleaners

Keeping in touch

Overall this is a awesome software connect with people to always keep in touch at the touch of a button

Pros

I loved this software it help me stay in contact with my boss and co-workers. I liked the fact it was able to record everything it said so u ever needed To go back u can. Easy to use clear voice and great storage

Cons

Well the only thing I dislikes is how u had to have a wireless connection to be able to get in touch with everyone if ur not connected your not able to use it

Response from Zello

Replied February 2020

Thank you for your review!

Jacob from Confianza Insurance

Fills a Real Need

Sometimes you really need to know if someone is at their desk and available to take a call, but you don't want to interrupt them with a ringing phone and you don't have time to hope and wait for them to see a Slack-like instant message. This fills that need.

Pros

This is the only app I could find anywhere that provides us with what is essentially an intra-office intercom. You would think it wouldn't be hard to find an IP-based version of the old-school intercom, like on Mad Men (but with way less sexual harassment) where you can push a button and say something to someone in a different office, rather than forcing their phone to ring, or waiting for them to see and answer an IM, but this isn't just the best option, it's the only one I found.

Cons

It's designed and priced for larger organizations who need it for managing fleets or large mobile teams, think trucking dispatchers, or managers of large field staffs. Those folks use it like a digital version of two-way radios, or the old Nextel PTT phones. We didn't need any of the mobile functionality or the other bells and whistles, but we still had to pay for them.

Holger from @fire

Great product with room for improvement

We are an NGO specialized on Wildlandfirefighting and Urban Search and rescue. We like zello a lot, but we are investigating at the moment possibilities to use gateways to combine zello with our own radios. This is especially an area’s imported, where we do not have internet.

Pros

Easy to use, reliable and can be tailored to organization needs

Cons

As mentioned several times already, we would need a pager function similar to Group Alarm, Divera 24/7. If zello is inactive it is impossible to alert someone. Alarm needs to be loud (should wake up a person) and vibration is needed. We would also need a status panel, where status of the assigned job can be changed. I.e. dispatched, on Szene, returning from scene....

Reasons for Choosing Zello

Great service, great product, awesome team

Alexander from Novartis Gene Therapies

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Great and Easy to Use... When it has a solid connection

Features and ease of use are great, but improvement needed in connection quality.

Pros

I enjoyed being able to instantly communicate with my team in the plant and to either talk or send messages.

Cons

It's connection is very spotty and I'm not sure how to silence my phone EXCEPT for Zello, instructions on that would be great. But unfortunately, because it disconnects a lot, I sometimes miss messages or cannot send them.

Patrick from Maury County Fire Department

Great Push to talk app.

The app itself has been great and in the emergency service field. It gives us overall better radio coverage in our rural area. Zello has been great in supporting our agency with free services. They are definitely doing great things!

Pros

Cons

I would say the only downside to this software is there is no gateway support unless u pay for it. It would be nice to see Zello and the gateway companies come together to put some how to videos on there sites. It’s pretty simple if you only need 1 gateway channel but if u need multiply it is definitely a challenge to set up on your own.

Reasons for Choosing Zello

Because Zello emailed me with a first responder program offering there service for free. If it wasn’t for Zello we wouldn’t have been able to afford this type of service.

Cost

Response from Zello

Replied February 2020

Ryan - thank you for your review and sorry about the gateway support issue. It's just that being a relatively small team, it is hard for us to offer the same level of support to all customers, free and paid. Your suggestion is good and we'll try to strengthen our support content for gateways in the future.

Lauren from Heritage Chiropractic

Zello

I like using Zello and will continue to use it when out and needing a walkie talkie.

Pros

Cons

It isnt always secure. We have had outsiders join our group and conversations and that was unwanted.

Response from Zello

Replied August 2020

Lauren - thank you very much for your review. We're sorry you had outsiders join your group and interfere with your conversations. Know that you can always create a password-protected channel, or simply switch to Zello Work, our solution for businesses.

Sergey from METAK LLC

Software alternative of walkie-talkie

In our country radio frequency is paid and hard to receive license for using it. So this software is very help us to make an alternative PTT device with all need features for our Security and Warehouse departments.

Pros

This very easy to implement this software in IT infrastructure, have 2 options on premiss and cloud. And work for a years without hard technical issues. Everytime with new versions comes new features that we like and feel it useful

Cons

We have not found some missing features or problems in integration.

Reasons for Choosing Zello

Our aim was have centralized server and can manage all accounts with different rights. So freeware soft not answer for our requests.

Brandon from Donald Martens Ambulance

Zello for Public Safety Agencies

Pros

The ability to use it on any device & computer. It has made dispatching Ambulances so much easer across the state. We haven't seen any down time on the system at all. Zello is vary good with emailing us when they are working on the system, and what we should except when they are doing maintenance. Another big plus for us is the ability for us to make channels on the fly, for any small or big incident.

Cons

I love everything about the system. They are great to work with

Reasons for Choosing Zello

Zello had many more options & features that would work with us better.

Reasons for Switching to Zello

Not being able to communicate with our crews in areas where our repeater doesn't work.

Response from Zello

Replied February 2020

Brandon - thanks for the vote of confidence! We love that you find it easier to respond to incidents across the state thanks to Zello.

Dondra from Texas Marshal Protection Agency

I love zello!!!

Amazing never had a issue with it!!! I can always have communication with my work staff when I need

Pros

I started using this software back in 2015. It’s a great tool for company and businesses who rely heavily on communication. Zello allows you to use your phone to communicate instantly with anyone you choose no matter how close or far. Zello acts as a 2 way radio

Cons

Response from Zello

Replied April 2020

Thanks for the kind words, Dondra! Feel free to share Zello with anybody you know who could have a use for it!

Ricardo from Comtrans

Using Zello

The overall experience is great. Once you know the quarks are, it's awesoke.

Pros

Zello is super easy to use and train new employees on. It's easy to add users and make changes and the working with the zello staff is great.

Cons

There is a slight delay when you start talking to another user. It cuts off a small part which at times you have to repeat yourself

Reasons for Choosing Zello

We chose zello because it allowed us to do things that other ptt apps cant do

Reasons for Switching to Zello

Because it was too complicated to use and too many numbers to remember

Jacqueline from 92Y

Zello a service that really works.

Again cost effective. I lower my cost because I can turn on and off whenever I need to the service. I'm not locked into any contract. The range is great and I like that you can playback messages. You can add your email account and works with pretty much and phone.

Pros

Easy setup. Cost effective. I saved a ton of money when I started using Zello. We drop our Verizon push to talk cell phone and also didn't require to use Walkie-Talkie devices either. By simply downloading this app and uploading our list with an excel file. You can make easy change via the portal. Delete and adding users. It has nice features like tracking,mapping and creating channels.

Cons

Would like to see maybe paying one fee for gps,tracking and mapping. Instead of paying for this feature per device. It may work for some people but in my case. It can then add up a bit.

Reasons for Choosing Zello

Cheaper and easy setup to setup ever year. Service works well. Customer service is always very helpful. Plus they are always adding new features and lets me test them ahead of time. So company can provide feed back. Which is a good thing.

Reasons for Switching to Zello

I replaced my carrier PPT which allow me to lower my cost by $1500 a month and terminated the phone contracts.

Audi from Reliance Security LLC

Security Industry

Overall I am very pleased with Zello. I rely on this software to ensure the safety of my officers.

Pros

The GPS feature is amazing! Reliance is Security for some very dangerous high crime properties. om multiple occasions I have been able to pinpoint an officer's location when they are in emergency situations cutting down their backups response time.

Cons

When I am trying to pull past radio traffic it will only let me go through so many entries before it kicks me out and I have to start over.

Response from Zello

Replied February 2020

Thanks for the great review, Audi! We will follow-up with you separately to understand and resolve your issue with pulling past radio traffic.

Aharon from Hatzolah of LA

Industry: Public Safety

Amazing product would never use anything else

Reliable backup. Faster communication. Always being connected even when the member is not carrying their radio.

Pros

Innovation and reliability. Hello is such an easy platform and so reliable that you really need to want work harder if you don't choose zello. Hello makes everything in your day to day operations simple and easy to achieve.

Cons

That it's not my creation lol. It's amazing no issues.

Reasons for Switching to Zello

No brianer. Simplicity and functionality.

Raymond from Red Sea Gateway Terminal

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

Superb Push-to-Talk server and app

WIth Zello Push-to-Talk app we were able to replace our expensive traditional PTT service. We're also able to install the app in our Windows Desktop that is very useful for our Controllers and Dispatchers.

Pros

We do have an on-premise Zello Enterprise server and the setup and configuration are straightforward and easy. Support from zello are superb. The technology they used are great as it does not take a lot of bandwidth thus saving on our mobile data plans. The app interface are easy and are available on both windows, IOS and Android OS.

Cons

No major issues we encountered on the server and app so far.

Response from Zello

Replied February 2020

Raymond - thank you for your review!

Ken from ProMed Ambulance, Inc.

Zello Enhances Public Safety

Zello has been a game changer for my emergency medical services company. We have better team communications than at any time in our company's history. We have used the system in major incident responses not only locally, but as part of our national disaster response network. It is very flexible, stable and easy to use.

Pros

Ease of setup; scale-ability, secure, flexible.

Cons

I've really not found any negatives to the application. The backend support is fantastic and the system is very stable.

Reasons for Choosing Zello

Price, ease of use, easy to setup, secure, compatible with all platform devices.

Response from Zello

Replied January 2020

Ken - thanks so much for your flattering review, we're very grateful!

Michael from Medical Express Ambulance Service, Inc.

Excellent Product!

Excellent application, downtime is rare!

Pros

Easy to use and create custom names. Instant playback. Application based, We use with Mobi control by SOTI to lock down phones and works great.

Cons

Has more capabilities, but they want more money for each one.

Response from Zello

Replied January 2020

Dear Michael - thank you for your kind review. As for the premium features and having to pay more money for each, stay tuned for another announcement about the program...

Adam from WMFD

Fire Service

Love the PTT so much easier than making a call and the ability to have it talk over our existing two radios is the greatest option.

Pros

We have integrated into our two DMR network and works great. Able to hear and talk to units from out of radio coverage.

Cons

Would like to have custom alerts for alerting

Reasons for Choosing Zello

The user interface and the use of different platforms

Jason from Berkshire County Sheriff's Office

Industry: Law Enforcement

Awesome LMR to 4G PTT Solution

We are currently using Zello Work to extend our LMR networks to public safety users that don't have traditional radio coverage or poor radio coverage.

Pros

The application is easy to use and to administer. I currently administer Zello Work for a regional Public Safety agency with over 200 users. It's very simple to create a user and send them their use profile. The ability to manage user settings from the web portal is a huge plus.

Cons

Not being able to assign Listen Only profile to a Crosslinked resource.

Ted from HealthFleet Ambulance

Zello for Medical Transportation

Pros

Easy deployment, cost-effective. Since we have deployed this software in 2017, we have had zero issues with the software. As the admin on the account, it's very easy to set-up and little to no maintenance.

Cons

I don't have anything negative to say about the software.

Reasons for Switching to Zello

The next biggest plus about Zello is the ability to record conversations between users, this is very helpful in many ways. Sprint did not have this option.

Robert from Shield Security Solutions

Amazing!

Pros

We use Zello every night across all of our divisions and honestly could not work as efficiently without it.

Cons

We do not have any real complaints. Any issues we have had they have quickly worked with us to resolve.

GERRY from DALTON FIRE DEPARTMENT

Zello Rocks

Members are easily connected. In ZelloWork solving some logistical issues has been made a little easier with zello. The Radio connectivity has also helped.

Pros

I like most the connectivity and speed of the APP and software. Quick download, ease of use and easy setup of users are all highlights.

Cons

Wish there was and integration between Zellowork and Free zello for those users that need to be contacted on the side but should not be in the Zello work environment.

Reasons for Choosing Zello

Seemed the most least expensive and had the most reliability.

Gord from Carling Fire Department

Great App for Fire Department Use

We have been able to reduce our reliance on pagers for alerting Firefighters of an emergency call.

Pros

Cons

There are connection issues with iphones. The App will disconnect at times.

Reasons for Choosing Zello

It was recommended by our consultant

Jay from CommSAR - Community Search & Rescue

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Excellent App

Zello helps our Search and Rescue organization to save lives. We don't have to repeat transmissions, and can have people participate from anywhere. It is a great product and I highly recommend it.

Pros

Real-time location visibility, flexible groups, crystal clear audio. Ability to replay prior transmissions.

Cons

Response from Zello

Replied January 2020

Chief Schwartz, thank you so much for your review. We hope Zello continues to be of service to you!

Zello Work en Cruz Roja Uruguaya

Nuestra experiencia ha sido muy positiva y claramente ha marcado un antes y un después en el trabajo de campo, hoy en día salimos a terreno siempre acompañados de la aplicación y una base central que nos observa constantemente.

Pros

Poder realizar el seguimiento de nuestros voluntarios en terreno nos permite trabajar con mucha más seguridad y tranquilidad.

Cons

Nos falta la posibilidad de trazar rutas en el mapa del Dashboard para poder hacer los seguimientos

Reasons for Choosing Zello

Las funciones de seguimiento en el mapa, el uso de canales y la portabilidad nos permite trabajar en todas las situaciones así que ha sido lo que nos decidió por su uso.

Response from Zello

Replied November 2020

Thank you for your review - we are glad you were able to use Zello with the Uruguayan Red Cross!

Luke from LL Pavkov, Inc

Great communication app

Great! highly recommended and saves a bunch over buying walkie talkies.

Pros

We use this app while hunting. Also can be used when traveling with multiple vehicles. It is easy to use and great for communicating quickly.

Cons

It drains the battery on my phone much faster. Other than that I love this product. Could be a little more user friendly in navigating.

RICHARD from Batson Volunteer Fire Department

Great!!

Thank God for Zello, we are now able to communicate effectively.

Pros

The functionality is what I like the most. It just works.

Cons

There is nothing which would cause me to give a bad review, I love all of it.

Jason from American Auto Brokers

Zello can make life easy

Been a great experience and we expect that to continue.

Pros

Using Zello has made our work easy. It helps out wh

Cons

Tough to find a problem with a system that works so smooth