• icon"I like most the connectivity and speed of the APP and software. Quick download, ease of use and easy setup of users are all highlights."
  • icon"We do have an on-premise Zello Enterprise server and the setup and configuration are straightforward and easy. Support from zello are superb."
  • icon"I saved a ton of money when I started using Zello. We drop our Verizon push to talk cell phone and also didn't require to use Walkie-Talkie devices either."
  • icon"But unfortunately, because it disconnects a lot, I sometimes miss messages or cannot send them."
  • icon"Alarm needs to be loud (should wake up a person) and vibration is needed. We would also need a status panel, where status of the assigned job can be changed."
  • icon"There is a slight delay when you start talking to another user. It cuts off a small part which at times you have to repeat yourself."

Browse all Zello Reviews

• Have you used Zello and would like to share your experience with others?

Kerry

Keeping in touch

Overall this is a awesome software connect with people to always keep in touch at the touch of a button

Pros

I loved this software it help me stay in contact with my boss and co-workers. I liked the fact it was able to record everything it said so u ever needed To go back u can. Easy to use clear voice and great storage

Cons

Well the only thing I dislikes is how u had to have a wireless connection to be able to get in touch with everyone if ur not connected your not able to use it

Response from Zello

Thank you for your review!

Jacob

Fills a Real Need

Sometimes you really need to know if someone is at their desk and available to take a call, but you don't want to interrupt them with a ringing phone and you don't have time to hope and wait for them to see a Slack-like instant message. This fills that need.

Pros

This is the only app I could find anywhere that provides us with what is essentially an intra-office intercom. You would think it wouldn't be hard to find an IP-based version of the old-school intercom, like on Mad Men (but with way less sexual harassment) where you can push a button and say something to someone in a different office, rather than forcing their phone to ring, or waiting for them to see and answer an IM, but this isn't just the best option, it's the only one I found.

Cons

It's designed and priced for larger organizations who need it for managing fleets or large mobile teams, think trucking dispatchers, or managers of large field staffs. Those folks use it like a digital version of two-way radios, or the old Nextel PTT phones. We didn't need any of the mobile functionality or the other bells and whistles, but we still had to pay for them.

Alexander

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Great and Easy to Use... When it has a solid connection

Features and ease of use are great, but improvement needed in connection quality.

Pros

I enjoyed being able to instantly communicate with my team in the plant and to either talk or send messages.

Cons

It's connection is very spotty and I'm not sure how to silence my phone EXCEPT for Zello, instructions on that would be great. But unfortunately, because it disconnects a lot, I sometimes miss messages or cannot send them.

Patrick

Great Push to talk app.

The app itself has been great and in the emergency service field. It gives us overall better radio coverage in our rural area. Zello has been great in supporting our agency with free services. They are definitely doing great things!

Pros

I like being able to have radio communications with those I with at all times especially in places our radio system fails. The software is great and easy to use.

Cons

I would say the only downside to this software is there is no gateway support unless u pay for it. It would be nice to see Zello and the gateway companies come together to put some how to videos on there sites. It’s pretty simple if you only need 1 gateway channel but if u need multiply it is definitely a challenge to set up on your own.

Reasons for choosing Zello

Because Zello emailed me with a first responder program offering there service for free. If it wasn’t for Zello we wouldn’t have been able to afford this type of service.

Cost

Response from Zello

Ryan - thank you for your review and sorry about the gateway support issue. It's just that being a relatively small team, it is hard for us to offer the same level of support to all customers, free and paid. Your suggestion is good and we'll try to strengthen our support content for gateways in the future.

Holger

Great product with room for improvement

We are an NGO specialized on Wildlandfirefighting and Urban Search and rescue. We like zello a lot, but we are investigating at the moment possibilities to use gateways to combine zello with our own radios. This is especially an area’s imported, where we do not have internet.

Pros

Easy to use, reliable and can be tailored to organization needs

Cons

As mentioned several times already, we would need a pager function similar to Group Alarm, Divera 24/7. If zello is inactive it is impossible to alert someone. Alarm needs to be loud (should wake up a person) and vibration is needed. We would also need a status panel, where status of the assigned job can be changed. I.e. dispatched, on Szene, returning from scene....

Reasons for choosing Zello

Great service, great product, awesome team

Lauren

Zello

I like using Zello and will continue to use it when out and needing a walkie talkie.

Pros

Zello is a great "walkie talkie" app, it functions well and you are able to communicate clearly with others in your group. I like the push to talk button and that you can replay messages.

Cons

It isnt always secure. We have had outsiders join our group and conversations and that was unwanted.

Response from Zello

Lauren - thank you very much for your review. We're sorry you had outsiders join your group and interfere with your conversations. Know that you can always create a password-protected channel, or simply switch to Zello Work, our solution for businesses.

Replied August 2020

Sergey

Software alternative of walkie-talkie

In our country radio frequency is paid and hard to receive license for using it. So this software is very help us to make an alternative PTT device with all need features for our Security and Warehouse departments.

Pros

This very easy to implement this software in IT infrastructure, have 2 options on premiss and cloud. And work for a years without hard technical issues. Everytime with new versions comes new features that we like and feel it useful

Cons

We have not found some missing features or problems in integration.

Reasons for choosing Zello

Our aim was have centralized server and can manage all accounts with different rights. So freeware soft not answer for our requests.

Brandon

Zello for Public Safety Agencies

Pros

The ability to use it on any device & computer. It has made dispatching Ambulances so much easer across the state. We haven't seen any down time on the system at all. Zello is vary good with emailing us when they are working on the system, and what we should except when they are doing maintenance. Another big plus for us is the ability for us to make channels on the fly, for any small or big incident.

Cons

I love everything about the system. They are great to work with

Reasons for choosing Zello

Zello had many more options & features that would work with us better.

Reasons for switching to Zello

Not being able to communicate with our crews in areas where our repeater doesn't work.

Response from Zello

Brandon - thanks for the vote of confidence! We love that you find it easier to respond to incidents across the state thanks to Zello.

Ricardo

Using Zello

The overall experience is great. Once you know the quarks are, it's awesoke.

Pros

Zello is super easy to use and train new employees on. It's easy to add users and make changes and the working with the zello staff is great.

Reasons for choosing Zello

We chose zello because it allowed us to do things that other ptt apps cant do

Reasons for switching to Zello

Because it was too complicated to use and too many numbers to remember

Youssouf

Fast Instant audio communication

Pros

First time I heard about Zello it was in a facebook page that gives road traffic informations. Then I started using it in my work with my team. Its very fast to transmit the audio message . Good notification system and what i liked most in the app is that it is like the police talkie walkie

Cons

I dont think this app have any probleme in using it but what i didnt like most is the theme because its limited and you can only change to dark mode

Jacqueline

Zello a service that really works.

Again cost effective. I lower my cost because I can turn on and off whenever I need to the service. I'm not locked into any contract. The range is great and I like that you can playback messages. You can add your email account and works with pretty much and phone.

Pros

Easy setup. Cost effective. I saved a ton of money when I started using Zello. We drop our Verizon push to talk cell phone and also didn't require to use Walkie-Talkie devices either. By simply downloading this app and uploading our list with an excel file. You can make easy change via the portal. Delete and adding users. It has nice features like tracking,mapping and creating channels.

Cons

Would like to see maybe paying one fee for gps,tracking and mapping. Instead of paying for this feature per device. It may work for some people but in my case. It can then add up a bit.

Reasons for choosing Zello

Cheaper and easy setup to setup ever year. Service works well. Customer service is always very helpful. Plus they are always adding new features and lets me test them ahead of time. So company can provide feed back. Which is a good thing.

Reasons for switching to Zello

I replaced my carrier PPT which allow me to lower my cost by $1500 a month and terminated the phone contracts.

Raymond

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

Superb Push-to-Talk server and app

WIth Zello Push-to-Talk app we were able to replace our expensive traditional PTT service. We're also able to install the app in our Windows Desktop that is very useful for our Controllers and Dispatchers.

Pros

We do have an on-premise Zello Enterprise server and the setup and configuration are straightforward and easy. Support from zello are superb. The technology they used are great as it does not take a lot of bandwidth thus saving on our mobile data plans. The app interface are easy and are available on both windows, IOS and Android OS.

Cons

No major issues we encountered on the server and app so far.

Response from Zello

Raymond - thank you for your review!

Dondra

Industry: Security and Investigations

I love zello!!!

Amazing never had a issue with it!!! I can always have communication with my work staff when I need

Pros

I started using this software back in 2015. It’s a great tool for company and businesses who rely heavily on communication. Zello allows you to use your phone to communicate instantly with anyone you choose no matter how close or far. Zello acts as a 2 way radio

Cons

No cons really. I’m very simple and this app is very simple for me. Anyone can use it. I think the app does need a update but other than that all good

Response from Zello

Thanks for the kind words, Dondra! Feel free to share Zello with anybody you know who could have a use for it!

Replied April 2020

Audi

Industry: Security and Investigations

Security Industry

Overall I am very pleased with Zello. I rely on this software to ensure the safety of my officers.

Pros

The GPS feature is amazing! Reliance is Security for some very dangerous high crime properties. om multiple occasions I have been able to pinpoint an officer's location when they are in emergency situations cutting down their backups response time.

Cons

When I am trying to pull past radio traffic it will only let me go through so many entries before it kicks me out and I have to start over.

Response from Zello

Thanks for the great review, Audi! We will follow-up with you separately to understand and resolve your issue with pulling past radio traffic.

Aharon

Industry: Public Safety

Amazing product would never use anything else

Reliable backup. Faster communication. Always being connected even when the member is not carrying their radio.

Pros

Innovation and reliability. Hello is such an easy platform and so reliable that you really need to want work harder if you don't choose zello. Hello makes everything in your day to day operations simple and easy to achieve.

Cons

That it's not my creation lol. It's amazing no issues.

Reasons for switching to Zello

No brianer. Simplicity and functionality.

Ken

Zello Enhances Public Safety

Zello has been a game changer for my emergency medical services company. We have better team communications than at any time in our company's history. We have used the system in major incident responses not only locally, but as part of our national disaster response network. It is very flexible, stable and easy to use.

Pros

Ease of setup; scale-ability, secure, flexible.

Cons

I've really not found any negatives to the application. The backend support is fantastic and the system is very stable.

Reasons for choosing Zello

Price, ease of use, easy to setup, secure, compatible with all platform devices.

Response from Zello

Ken - thanks so much for your flattering review, we're very grateful!

Replied January 2020

Excellent Product!

Excellent application, downtime is rare!

Pros

Easy to use and create custom names. Instant playback. Application based, We use with Mobi control by SOTI to lock down phones and works great.

Cons

Has more capabilities, but they want more money for each one.

Response from Zello

Dear Michael - thank you for your kind review. As for the premium features and having to pay more money for each, stay tuned for another announcement about the program...

Replied January 2020