All CharmHealth Reviews

Medical Devices, 2-10 employees

Reviewed August 2023

Charm for DME Billing

Overall experience

PROS

The best use of Charm for us was having all our patient data in one location that was easily accessible, and well laid out. Ease of use was important in the decision to use Charm. Charm was easy to implement and setup. It is highly customizable and their support is great. It has almost all the features we need to run the practice.

CONS

There is no option for refilling orders for patients. We have to go in and create new encounters each time

Reason for choosing CharmHealth

Charm gave us the option to use Optum 360 for claim submission. It gave us more access to payers.

Reasons for switching to CharmHealth

Functionality and ease of use of Charm.

Aaron

Reviewed January 2021

Easy to use, complete package

I've been a happy user of the software for over two years and it has helped me be faster and more efficient with my note taking and patient tracking than most of the other EHR software I looked into.

PROS

Simple and easy to train new employees on. Efficiently handles scheduling, notes, insurance, payments, and ability to get analytics out of software is also nice.

CONS

Applying payments when paying multiple invoices at once is slower than making and applying payments to one invoice which is automatic and very efficient.

Reason for choosing CharmHealth

Way better features, easier to use, less complicated to train people, everything integrated.

Elizabeth

Medical Practice, 11-50 employees

Reviewed July 2020

Needs more updates for customization that makes sense

I like that telemedicine platform, that is easy to use, and the fullscripts it easy. That's the only thing that really makes it stand out from other EMRs.

PROS

Fullscripts integration, telemedicine, PMP integration.

CONS

There is no orders tab, no diagnostic testing tab. Everything that is a task, can be completed, but not deferred or deleted if not performed. There is no integration of software for diagnostic testing like EKG, Spirometry, or Holter Monitors. The process of customization is not very easy. When a lab order is connected with an encounter it can't be modified through the lab tab (makes NO sense). Billing needs to be updated, it's completely an obsolete system that is being used. More providers would use this if you would fix, incorporate, include these MAJOR items.

cost, telemedicine, fullscripts

Reasons for switching to CharmHealth

No telemedicine, no online portal, customer service and availability was terrible.

Dear Dr. Seymour, Thank you for your review! We are happy you are enjoying some of Charm's features such as telemedicine and Fullscript Integration. Regarding some of the other features you are requesting, we're sorry to hear you were less than satisfied with Charm. We value our customers' opinions and would like to thank you for bringing this to our attention. We will reach out soon and you should get an email from me to determine how we can provide a solution that makes things right. Yours sincerely, Ranjani from Charm Health

Replied September 2020

Christi

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2022

Great value for the price

Our practice partners want to practice medicine. They don't want to spend all their time on the computer. As a Telehealth focused practice we want the systems to ease our note taking burden and this EMR does that nicely.

PROS

CharmHealth has been a great find for our practice. The setup time was next to nothing and the ease at which our providers were able to learn the software was surprising.

CONS

The scheduling portion of the software is the one area I think the product owners at CharmHealth could really improve. The limitations are not insurmountable, but compared to the rest of the product, this area could use some updating. It isn't easy to set up block time and if you want the patients to be able to schedule the times at which the patients can see on the web are not customizable to the practice leaving very little options for the practice. I think this is the biggest opportunity Charm has for improvements. The other improvement suggestion comes in the way of being Telehealth focused. There are several areas in the product that still focus heavily on having an office (like uploading insurance cards), however, if we aren't in the office that becomes a challenge,

Reason for choosing CharmHealth

Functionality options, pricing, ease at entry, SaaS options

Lisa

Reviewed May 2020

ChARM review

Now that I am starting to put all my intake forms, questionnaires, etc. into ChARM, I find it much easier to get a patient set up. I love having easy access to all the patient info, also. I can't wait to get all my inventory and such into the program. What a huge time-saver it will be!

PROS

This software is robust, professional, and grows right along with my practice. I am using it more and more. I have had a difficult time transitioning from paper charting, but ChARM is beginning to win me over! It is an incredible value.

CONS

the ability to chat online with someone in real time when I need help. I like that I can FB message, but having a speedier reply than an hour or two, would be cool.

Reason for choosing CharmHealth

Ease of use, word of other practitioners, professional but economical, level of product support

Peggy

Reviewed December 2019

ChARMed

Getting all of billing services set up - just need the equipment and a little more time to implement this component.

PROS

Flexible program, HIPAA & HITECH compliant. Superb support staff!

CONS

More resources for therapy providers would be helpful.

Reason for choosing CharmHealth

Security & economy, plus scaled addition of other embedded services.

Reasons for switching to CharmHealth

Flexible & secure program with ChARM.

Laura

Reviewed October 2020

Charm makes taking your practice virtual easier

Positive. Add-ons of faxing, eprescribing and ability to taking payments, including recurring payments.

PROS

Easy to get set up quickly, affordable, Zoom HIPPA compliant, templates.

CONS

Patients can't seem to update their demographic information, and credit card information themselves. Extra fee for patients to cancel/change their own appointment.

Reason for choosing CharmHealth

Functions, price, eprescribing, efaxing, HIPPA compliant Zoom, payment processor integration, able to get setup quickly.

Ashley

Mental Health Care, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2017

Well Organized

PROS

Our office has used Charm EHR for a couple years now. Out of all the other medical management software that we have used, we definitely like this one the best. It is very well organized, and easy to use (both for practitioners and patients)

CONS

When issues arise either for practitioners or patients, it is difficult to get the issue resolved with customer service. For example, there is a limit on the amount of messages that a patient may send to their provider, which in general is a great rule. However, the message limit is supposed to reset after each visit, and often times, it does not. Patients often get quite frustrated over not being able to reach out to their doctor, and it creates more hassle for the office as well. If there is a way this can be altered/fixed, that would be wonderful!

Christina

Reviewed August 2023

Affordable option

PROS

This is the most affordable option out there and really provides you the option to grow. If you are a new practice and don't need a lot of bells and whistles, then this is a great option. Fancier features cost more.

CONS

My main gripe was with the online booking. There was no way to customize menus or offer links for one service so the patient is presented with every service available for online booking in alphabetical order. No way to change the order unless you get creative with naming of services. There is also only one option for integrated payment processing which was not good for me, especially since that company took 6 months to respond to me about opening an account.

Cost.

Chelsea

Reviewed November 2017

Very effective and efficent program with many helpful features!

PROS

Lots of features available and customizable, great flexability with use base on your practice type, one size fits all program.

CONS

Customer service response time could be better, billing integration with their selected clearinghouse is problematic and requires a lot of time to set up properly.

Shawn

Hospital & Health Care, 2-10 employees

Strong EHR (Charting) with Superior Patient Engagement Features

PROS

The software is remarkably intuitive. Very easy to navigate from patient setup, scheduler, charting and billing. Charting can be easily customized to your own needs which you can do yourself easily without assistance from "tech support". What really stands out with this EHR compared to others are the patient engagement features. The Patient Portal enables easy document sharing including questionnaires, capturing signoffs, requesting appointments, email/text reminders, chatting/texting directly with the provider, etc. They also have several different Apps for mobile devices, so it's easy to access and document (chart/bill/schedule). This is a great platform for any provider, but if your specialty/business is looking for a more direct engagement and connection with your patients, and not necessarily tied to an office location/network, Charm can provide these capabilities all in one fully integrated platform.

CONS

Only limitation I've noticed is related to case management and the ability to tie several encounters/visits and related documentation under one case. I believe this is a planned improvement. Technical support can be challenging to get on the phone.

Vanessa

Alternative Medicine, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2022

Easy to use platform that streamlines operations

Easy to use, streamlined integrations and patient portal is great. Good price for subscription.

PROS

Cheap and easy to use! Its very intuitive programming

CONS

I cant think of anything. Customer support has been easy to access so what I cant figure out they are very helpful.

Easier and better look

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

Reviewed April 2022

Excellent all-in-one solution for management of Integrative Medical Practice

PROS

The ability to customize and create many different templates and structure for our office, has allowed hour office to grow and thrive.

CONS

Occasional challenges with connectivity, but these are often short-lived.

Renee

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 2-10 employees

Reviewed August 2018

Switched from Practice Fusion and Love this Full Feature EHR

We switched to Charm when Practice Fusion moved from their free model. Honestly, I like this software better. It is more customizable and has more included features. It runs fast, is always up, sends text appointment reminders for free and voice reminders for a low price. I probably trialed 20 EHR systems before deciding on this one, and for the features and price point, I couldn't beat it, particularly for a small practice with multiple part-time providers, where we really can't afford to pay high prices per month for provider. Charm charges you for the number of encounters your practice has, so it remains in line with your profits. We are a mental health practice, and while it's not geared specifically towards this, if you tweak the form templates just a little, it works just fine.

PROS

Very customizable, reasonably priced add on services, receipt printing and accounting, good email options, snotty to send patients custom forms with their initial appointment confirmation, easy repeating of medications/diagnoses/prior note, great price point.

CONS

Nothing really... Except that it's not going to help you very much with MIPS.

Heidi

Solo DBP practice

Charm is easy to use and affordable for my solo practice. It is important to me to be able to create documents, templates, handouts and questionnaires for my practice and Charm makes it easy. I have been able to integrate billing and electronic prescribing. It is visually intuitive and easy to navigate. I am really satisfied and happy with Charm EHR

PROS

Affordable Functional Easy Adaptable Great patient portal Questionnaires can self populate with patient information Templates are easy to create Reports are helpful

CONS

Customer service is great! But they have limited hours and can sometimes be difficult to get in touch with. That being said they usually respond within 24 hours.

Jeremy

Reviewed July 2018

Great for a small practice

I would highly recommend this to any small practice.

PROS

Easy to use. Devs are always adding features with the integrated fax being one of our favorites. Its easy to add new patients, upload files to their chart and utilize patient management.

CONS

There really isnt too much I dont like. I wasn't a fan of the new UI very much but they allowed users to revert back to the old. The newer UI does offer a pretty cool texting feature for users withing the practice.

Kamla

Reviewed August 2020

Easily customizable software, great for my micro-practice

Very positive. They have a no-charge version for when you have fewer than 50 patients. I opened a new practice right before the pandemic, so things have been slow. Not having the pressure of meeting yet another start up cost has decreased my stress level and allowed me to explore the different aspects of CharmEMR. Also, the few times I emailed a question, I got clear, quick instructions.

PROS

It is very simple to write your own templates. There are plenty of YouTube videos tutorials on how to use the different aspects of the software.

CONS

It takes some time to get everything organized in your settings for your particular type of practice. It would be nice if there were a starting point of a primary care bundle, or chiropractor bundle, and then you could add and subtract as you got going. It is also difficult to get the patient to populate parts of their chart ahead of time. I have to manually type in the questionnaire results that my patients fill out ahead of their visits. (It is possible that this is because I am using a no-cost version)

Reason for choosing CharmHealth

The ability to customize the notes and the no-cost start-up option.

Bianca