What are CharmHealth users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using CharmHealth software through verified user reviews

• icon"I especially love the inventory functionality which a lot for EHR's are missing. The pricing scheme is suitable for new offices and the add on features are great as the practice has grown."
  • icon"You can customize Charm based on specific needs or wants. I am very happy with the RCM team and how they take time out to make sure you understand and all your questions are answered."
  • icon"What I love about CHARM is that it is user friendly. I have my own part time private practice and I knew I needed something that I could get up and running quickly, keep me organized and compliant."
  • icon"It is also difficult to get the patient to populate parts of their chart ahead of time. I have to manually type in the questionnaire results that my patients fill out ahead of their visits."
  • icon"Net then got back and re-enter the correct email address. Customer service has yet to fix this problem."
  • icon"Minor problem exists with entering patient email addresses. Software sometimes flags as invalid email address with anything that ends in."

Browse all CharmHealth Reviews

• Have you used CharmHealth and would like to share your experience with others?

Charles

Very solid value EMR

For us, it was a system that would be device agnostic. Charm works on any computer or mobile device with an HTML5 compliant browser.

Pros

Easy to get started. Has a very approachable user interface. Easy learning curve. Always improving. The company listens to customers and incorporates improvements based on feedback. Comparatively very inexpensive. Integrates with labs, erx solutions, and e-commerce solutions.

Cons

Customer Service is offshore and is not "real-time". But they do respond and are usually helpful. It is a trade-off for the pricing of the software. Some design issues in billing involving the integrated billing clearinghouse and downloading ERA's, and real-time eligibility verification requires a workaround to normal practices.

Sara

Best EHR for value

I sampled several EHR systems last year and ChARM had most of the qualities that I wanted a administrator and clinician. I really enjoy using this EHR system and it is easy for my clients to use as well to sign paperwork and access resources.

Pros

I really enjoy that I can customize all of my notes and templates that I need on a daily basis. I also really enjoy that everything can be electronic and all paperwork can be sent to clients and have signatures in real time.

Cons

I feel the customer services could set up EFT and enrollments for payers to make it streamlined and easier for the provider.

Reasons for choosing CharmHealth

ChARM was the most inclusive program I could find along with a great price for a solo practice and ease of use.

Reasons for switching to CharmHealth

At the time I was using it I could not customize my notes to meet state and insurance standards

Kathryn

June 2022

Review for [SENSITIVE CONTENT]

I would like to say that my overall experience with the RCM at charm was good but [SENSITIVE CONTENT] was the most responsive and knowledgeable representative I worked with. I asked her if I could give her a review becuase I was so impressed with her performance.

Pros

It is easy to use. I like the billing platform.

Cons

the calendar is terrible. IT is not user-friendly. Look at schedulicity or acuity and get some tips from them. I

April 2022

Excellent all-in-one solution for management of Integrative Medical Practice

Pros

The ability to customize and create many different templates and structure for our office, has allowed hour office to grow and thrive.

Cons

Occasional challenges with connectivity, but these are often short-lived.

Matthew

User Friendly Effective EMR

An effective EHR for us as compared to other software packages that is easy to use and cost effective for a smaller practice. Many enhancements have been made over the past 2 years which has made it even more attractive to use.

Pros

We changed to CharmHealth about 2 years ago after using PracticeFusion which did not have the flexibility we needed to add information. This software is easily customizable and has a vast library of templates for pre completed notes. It was easy to customize and had all the features we needed. Calendar is very user friendly and integrates well with the EHR. Can easily print out hard copies of anything we need and especially immunization records which are frequently requested by patients.

Cons

Although it hasn't been an issue for us, for a very large practice the cost could get rather high as compared to other EHR platforms. Since I have a relatively small practice, the cost is not an issue. There have been problems with sending eprescriptions - The software can not locate the particular medication and you must know the generic as well as the trade name on occasion to get it through. There have been issues with locating pharmacies at times although, I must say, customer support has been helpful and has tried to rectify these issues as they come up. Minor problem exists with entering patient email addresses. Software sometimes flags as invalid email address with anything that ends in *.com. You need to enter the email address as ".net then got back and re-enter the correct email address. Customer service has yet to fix this problem.

Reasons for switching to CharmHealth

Was no longer free - software had limited flexibility.

Phyllis

A Practical Approach to Integrating an EHR into a Medical Practice

I would definitely purchase this EHR again. It is saving time which is now spent on developing and maintaining our patient base. The recall system has been most helpful. Automating the process for upcoming appointments and lab tests has eliminated a patient from not having the proper screenings prior to the Doctor's appointment. It also keeps the patient from getting 'lost' because a recall wasn't done.

Pros

The software is user friendly. Setup is not difficult. Learning the system is logical. Being able to access the different elements of the Charm EHR helps with training the employees using the system. As they begin to integrate the information about the practice into the Charm EHR their initial orientation reinforces the information they need to complete their tasks. Being able to add different programs is a plus factor. You don't become overwhelmed with too much information at one time. If there are problems support is there to assist where assistance is needed.

Cons

I would like to see Charm use videos with explanations that can be downloaded as slides in order to be able to quickly reference the items being taught. Chatting is fine but when you are interrupted and come back to what you were doing there maybe a lapse of time whereby you are not able to recall exactly what you were suppose to do to resolve the problem. Perhaps U-Tube could be an answer if Charm doesn't have their own site setup. This would be a more user friendly method of learning the EHR.

Reasons for choosing CharmHealth

Charm provided the products we needed at a reasonable cost. Charm also allowed us time to review the products they offered then allowed us to opt in on our own time allowing us to not feel pressured.

Not cost effective

Margo

Excellent EHR system

At first I insisted on meeting staff and it was not welcome at first however when I was able to touch base with an instructor it made a huge difference to learn it’s functionality.

Pros

The software is practical and you can use it on a cell phone which is great. I do home visits and it is very helpful.

Cons

There is a learning curve to use it but once you learn it it is great.

Reasons for choosing CharmHealth

It was more practical for use in my practice when I do home visits and do functional medicine.

Reasons for switching to CharmHealth

Not as sophisticated as this EHR

Great for small cash practices, not so great for busier practices

It is OK for clinics just starting out. Once you get beyond 2 patients an hour, it takes too long to chart and bill appropriately.

Pros

Great small all-around software that provides everything a small company needs. You can see a patient's financials from right within the chart, which is excellent. As well as their prior appointments. You can copy over phrases or entire notes from prior as well. e-scripts are easy, but do lack notifications. Scheduling is good. And, patient is able to book their appointments from your website.

Cons

Charting can be combersome. Our main issue is that the billing isn't robust enough. You have to use their system and their billers to get any benefit out of it.

Reasons for choosing CharmHealth

The look and feel, ease of use was great. Customer service is terrible.

Reasons for switching to CharmHealth

Jane didn't have insurance integration.

Response from MedicalMine

Dear Anonymous Reviewer- Thank you for your review. We would actually love to work with you on the issues you are having! Are you taking advantage of all the billing features? We also have billing support in case you'd like to bill on your own. If you email me at info@charmhealth.com with the Subject: Attn:Billing Help Needed-- I can help nail down the problem and suggest an appropriate solution for you. Thank you and hope to hear from you soon!

Replied November 2020

Peggy

ChARMed

Getting all of billing services set up - just need the equipment and a little more time to implement this component.

Pros

Flexible program, HIPAA & HITECH compliant. Superb support staff!

Cons

More resources for therapy providers would be helpful.

Reasons for choosing CharmHealth

Security & economy, plus scaled addition of other embedded services.

Reasons for switching to CharmHealth

Flexible & secure program with ChARM.

Asha

May 2022

Yeah, not for me

I have a solo wellness practice, largely telemedicine , so some features were not needed and felt clunky but other features such as patient self schedule or integration with my website just weren't smooth enough for my practice. This EMR is probably good for a traditional in-person practice

Pros

Charm offers quite a bit of features including a comprehensive EMR, a means for including labs and images, prescribing, billing and calendar. There is a free option, which is great for starting or transitioning medical records.

Cons

Most of the features are additional cost which can add up. At times so comprehensive that it was overwhelming /Limited for providers relying on digital practice features such as patient self scheduling, telemedicine and online intake forms

Nerissa

Industry: Mental Health Care

Love my EHR

CHARM has made my life so stress free. I love it and even my families love it. They love the portal and the ease of using it. When COVID hit, I was able to transition seamlessly to Telehealth. The fact that the organization even offered it free for several months to encourage users to use Telehealth was amazing. I highly recommend this product and have told others about it because it is so easy to use!

Pros

What I love about CHARM is that it is user friendly. I have my own part time private practice and I knew I needed something that I could get up and running quickly, keep me organized and compliant. CHARM is the answer! I never loved EHR systems before I found CHARM. Having tried other packages when I was in academia, everyone gripes about EMR systems. But CHARM "works like a charm!" I could make my templates by dragging and dropping easily, I could make changes if needed easily. I uploaded all my blog handouts to then quickly put in patient portals. SO easy to use! I love the quick text feature. I love the auto populate feature too!

Cons

The only thing are these: 1) in the event that I have a patient whose parents are divorced, they both want and need access to me to send me updates. The portal right now can only accommodate ONE user log on. Sometimes divorced parents do not want to share--which is understandable. 2) Support is not instantaneous. They have a chat but someone is not necessarily on there 24/7 to answer and provide support in real time. I had two instances where I could not get logged in right before a clinic day. Luckily it was fixed in 20 minutes but again It would have been nice to have someone right there responding to my urgent messages knowing it would be handled.

Emily

Great for solo-solo practice!

I am happy with my selection of Charm. I have been using it for 15 months and have worked out the kinks in my processes. As with any EHR, not everything is perfect, but it fulfills my need. And the cost is well worth it!

Pros

I like everything being in one place - office notes, appointments, faxes, documents, patient messages, appointment requests, billing. I went from a totally paper practice to Charm, and could only do so because of the reasonable cost of Charm. I am more organized and can respond to my patients as I should in the electronic era.

Cons

Creating my own templates is time consuming, but I appreciate being able to use templates developed by other practices as well. I wish it came with a virtual assistant!

Reasons for choosing CharmHealth

Ease of implementation and low cost of implementation, the fact that it was designed for small practices and seemed to work well for a solo-solo practice, the great salesperson meeting that didn't feel like they were trying to sell me more than I needed, and the fact that I could run Charm totally on my iPad.

Shawn

Strong EHR (Charting) with Superior Patient Engagement Features

Pros

The software is remarkably intuitive. Very easy to navigate from patient setup, scheduler, charting and billing. Charting can be easily customized to your own needs which you can do yourself easily without assistance from "tech support". What really stands out with this EHR compared to others are the patient engagement features. The Patient Portal enables easy document sharing including questionnaires, capturing signoffs, requesting appointments, email/text reminders, chatting/texting directly with the provider, etc. They also have several different Apps for mobile devices, so it's easy to access and document (chart/bill/schedule). This is a great platform for any provider, but if your specialty/business is looking for a more direct engagement and connection with your patients, and not necessarily tied to an office location/network, Charm can provide these capabilities all in one fully integrated platform.

Cons

Only limitation I've noticed is related to case management and the ability to tie several encounters/visits and related documentation under one case. I believe this is a planned improvement. Technical support can be challenging to get on the phone.

Aaron

Easy to use, complete package

I've been a happy user of the software for over two years and it has helped me be faster and more efficient with my note taking and patient tracking than most of the other EHR software I looked into.

Pros

Simple and easy to train new employees on. Efficiently handles scheduling, notes, insurance, payments, and ability to get analytics out of software is also nice.

Cons

Applying payments when paying multiple invoices at once is slower than making and applying payments to one invoice which is automatic and very efficient.

Reasons for choosing CharmHealth

Way better features, easier to use, less complicated to train people, everything integrated.

Mignon

December 2021

Customizable, Affordable, but Customer Service may take DAYS!

Outside of issues with electronic prescribing and customer support- which are SIGNIFICANT!, the EHR is otherwise almost perfect for my clinic. I am hoping they can figure our a more robust customer service, or better train their frontline employees to really make this a 5 star EHR.

Pros

Easy to use and get started. Customizable templates and a library of emails, consents, visit templates, etc are available to use from day one.

Cons

Customer service by phone is not available 24/7 as advertised. The support by phone is not knowledgeable to help on most issues, and frequently I have to figure the issue out myself. There can be a 2-3 day delay waiting to have your issue resolved from India. For some issues that's okay, but several times not my electronic prescribing has been offline for more than 2 days with patients suffering tremendously as a result, especially when it comes to pain management- even with my cancer patients. No rush or expedited service. Definitely almost kills the deal for me. This aspect in particular creates major ripples and has probably cost me 3 patients (roughly $6000 in income plus whatever bad reviews I get based on not being able to help them in a timely fashion). I have used 2 other prime time EHRs and never experienced such unacceptable support delays.

Khanh

An EHR system that will grow with you practice

Pros

I love that Charm EHR has designed the software with the focus of integrative/functional medical doctors in mind. The forms and questionnaire templates that have been shared by other practitioners has been helpful. The software is very easy to use. I especially love the inventory functionality which a lot for EHR's are missing. The pricing scheme is suitable for new offices and the add on features are great as the practice has grown. The support desk is also very helpful and replies in a timely manner.

Cons

I wished there was an ability for patients to fill out questionnaires when they are in the office without having to sign into their account. Many patients do not remember their password without their computer. It is hard to expect all patients to fill out their questionnaires before they get to the office.

Lisa

ChARM review

Now that I am starting to put all my intake forms, questionnaires, etc. into ChARM, I find it much easier to get a patient set up. I love having easy access to all the patient info, also. I can't wait to get all my inventory and such into the program. What a huge time-saver it will be!

Pros

This software is robust, professional, and grows right along with my practice. I am using it more and more. I have had a difficult time transitioning from paper charting, but ChARM is beginning to win me over! It is an incredible value.

Cons

the ability to chat online with someone in real time when I need help. I like that I can FB message, but having a speedier reply than an hour or two, would be cool.

Reasons for choosing CharmHealth

Ease of use, word of other practitioners, professional but economical, level of product support

Stephanie

Industry: Alternative Medicine

Ease of use and comprehensiveness

Overall I am very pleased with charm. It is ease to use, offers lots of reports and analytics, and everything is contained.

Pros

I love that everything (records, charting, scheduling, communication within office and with patients, billing, supplement inventory) is all contained within charm.

Cons

Inactive patients are treated no differently from active patients. Once inactivated, a patient shouldn't be able to have an invoice or encounter created. Inability to relabel or change dates. Searching is also a challenge. If there were a way to have a search bar that searched the entire patient chart (messages, tasks and comments, quick notes, encounters, labs, documents), that would be extremely helpful.

Reasons for choosing CharmHealth

Functionality, comprehensiveness, ease of use for doctors, and the extensive customizability.

Amanda

February 2022

Loaded with Features, Expands with Your Practice.

Overall, I'd definitely recommend this to small practices looking for a work horse to help them streamline their practice. It's a bit tricky to use initially, but it's well worth figuring it out. They are also constantly updating and adding features to make my life easier.

Pros

I have been using Charm for almost 2 years now, and once you get it set up right, it generally saves me a lot of time. I'm a solo practitioner, so having all of the integrated features is a game changer for me. It meets HIPAA guidelines, generates personalized templates for supplement protocols, has templates for visit types/different charts, and it is free until you have over 50 clients regularly coming in monthly.

Cons

It has a steep learning curve initially, but it's easy to pick up by watching a few videos. Customer service is also great about getting back to you in a couple of days about any of your concerns or feedback.

For a small medical practice it's a good investement

Having the billing and collections reports intergated to the EHR makes a huge positive differnece, and the price is very reasonable to services rendered.

Pros

I like being able to see waht colleagues are doing with my patinets, and also like the intergrated billing and messaging support. having everythign on one place makes patinet care easier. I also enjoy being able to see patient messages and appointment requests via my cell phone app

Cons

I can't pull up a patient chart on my cell phone app, which makes answering specific questions ont he go difficult. Charm also lacks larger intergration of hospital visits-- we ahve to have other doctors fax results/ notes and enter them manually which can be a bit of a pain and hinderance to patinet care

June

Big issue with billing, very difficulty to get responds from the company.

EHR was OK. Billing related is nightmare. Poor responds from certain people from company!

Pros

It looks clean, modern looking, more user friendly than my previous one.

Cons

Billing and customer service is a nightmare. I started using Charm Billing back to October 2020. I got a zoom training for about an hour or two, during the training, there was one or two insurance was put into the system. After that, I was told to do it myself. However, I could not login for a long time. Finally, I had to set up another login in order to get into the right place. Until March 2021, I finally was told that the first ERA from the first enrolled insurance company would sync data with CharmEHR. It has been 5 months for one thing to work. Even today, April 1, 2021, I still not get ERA for every insurance enrolled. I has been contacting optum and Charm for discount for the time that billing not totally function. So far, Optum told me it is Charm's issue, and Charm just not respond to this request at all!! When I contacted customer service for anyone who can handle this case, the only thing I got was "sorry", and then no more after, the chat was terminated. Not accurate patient's due and reports No emergency help! For customer service, yes, you can email or chat with someone. For email, sometimes take a day or two to get a reply, sometimes take several days to get a reply, not reliable. One day, I found that it took forever to open Charm website on Chrome, but my assistant who use Safari seemed OK. So I switched to Safari for a couple of days. Speed was OK after switch, however, when I edit patient's info, when update phone number, not working. So I switched back

Reasons for switching to CharmHealth

Lost encounter note randomly.

Elizabeth

Needs more updates for customization that makes sense

I like that telemedicine platform, that is easy to use, and the fullscripts it easy. That's the only thing that really makes it stand out from other EMRs.

Pros

Fullscripts integration, telemedicine, PMP integration.

Cons

There is no orders tab, no diagnostic testing tab. Everything that is a task, can be completed, but not deferred or deleted if not performed. There is no integration of software for diagnostic testing like EKG, Spirometry, or Holter Monitors. The process of customization is not very easy. When a lab order is connected with an encounter it can't be modified through the lab tab (makes NO sense). Billing needs to be updated, it's completely an obsolete system that is being used. More providers would use this if you would fix, incorporate, include these MAJOR items.

cost, telemedicine, fullscripts

Reasons for switching to CharmHealth

No telemedicine, no online portal, customer service and availability was terrible.

Response from MedicalMine

Dear Dr. Seymour, Thank you for your review! We are happy you are enjoying some of Charm's features such as telemedicine and Fullscript Integration. Regarding some of the other features you are requesting, we're sorry to hear you were less than satisfied with Charm. We value our customers' opinions and would like to thank you for bringing this to our attention. We will reach out soon and you should get an email from me to determine how we can provide a solution that makes things right. Yours sincerely, Ranjani from Charm Health

Replied September 2020

Lisa

Best EHR I've used

ChARM has been a great experience, with integrated billing, inventory, practice management, and patient scheduling.

Pros

I've used several EHR and PM systems in the past and wasn't impressed until I tried Charm. It has all of the features that we need integrated into one very intuitive system.

Cons

There are some bugs when new features are released, but they are quickly remedied.

Reasons for choosing CharmHealth

ChARM integrates all of the features that we use, and they are open to new ideas and feedback. They also are quick to update and integrate new features.

Reasons for switching to CharmHealth

Practice Fusion is a very limited system and wasn't working for our office anymore.

Renee

Switched from Practice Fusion and Love this Full Feature EHR

We switched to Charm when Practice Fusion moved from their free model. Honestly, I like this software better. It is more customizable and has more included features. It runs fast, is always up, sends text appointment reminders for free and voice reminders for a low price. I probably trialed 20 EHR systems before deciding on this one, and for the features and price point, I couldn't beat it, particularly for a small practice with multiple part-time providers, where we really can't afford to pay high prices per month for provider. Charm charges you for the number of encounters your practice has, so it remains in line with your profits. We are a mental health practice, and while it's not geared specifically towards this, if you tweak the form templates just a little, it works just fine.

Pros

Very customizable, reasonably priced add on services, receipt printing and accounting, good email options, snotty to send patients custom forms with their initial appointment confirmation, easy repeating of medications/diagnoses/prior note, great price point.

Cons

Nothing really... Except that it's not going to help you very much with MIPS.

Patricia

Speech Pathology use of ChARM EHR

My experience has been absolutely great!! This has been a real gift to me in being able to continue my speech therapy telepractice because it is HIPPA compliant.

Pros

The best feature of this system is that it is HIPPA compliant, which is an absolute must for using this for teletherapy for speech and language. It is reliable and does not have any glitches that I can see. It is easy to switch from a full screen that you can pull up other language apps. It also has a great white board.

Cons

I think the use of the white board could be expanded.

Reasons for choosing CharmHealth

Because the platform is HIPPA compliant and it was very very economical.

Reasons for switching to CharmHealth

ZOOM meetings system was not HIPPA compliant.

CharmHealth