ChARM EHR Reviews

4.37 / 5 (53) FrontRunners

Our advisors have recommended this product 7 times in the last 30 days

• Pros

• "It looks good, it works well and the price is right"

• "We love a lot about this software and how it has optimized our buisness- the calendar is beautiful and the features are very thoughtful."

• "I love that everything (records, charting, scheduling, communication within office and with patients, billing, supplement inventory) is all contained within charm."

• Cons

• "Customizing can take awhile but in the end it is worth it."

• "Nothing really... Except that it's not going to help you very much with MIPS."

• "THIS SYSTEM MAY NEED MORE DETAILED TABS FOR A FAMILY MEDICINE PRACTICE TO DELINEATE INFORMATION SPECIFICALLY FOR MEANINGFUL USE."

Browse ChARM EHR Reviews

Charles from Holistique Medical Center

Very solid value EMR

For us, it was a system that would be device agnostic. Charm works on any computer or mobile device with an HTML5 compliant browser.

Pros

Easy to get started. Has a very approachable user interface. Easy learning curve. Always improving. The company listens to customers and incorporates improvements based on feedback. Comparatively very inexpensive. Integrates with labs, erx solutions, and e-commerce solutions.

Cons

Customer Service is offshore and is not "real-time". But they do respond and are usually helpful. It is a trade-off for the pricing of the software. Some design issues in billing involving the integrated billing clearinghouse and downloading ERA's, and real-time eligibility verification requires a workaround to normal practices.

Lisa from Roaming Naturopath

ChARM review

Now that I am starting to put all my intake forms, questionnaires, etc. into ChARM, I find it much easier to get a patient set up. I love having easy access to all the patient info, also. I can't wait to get all my inventory and such into the program. What a huge time-saver it will be!

Pros

This software is robust, professional, and grows right along with my practice. I am using it more and more. I have had a difficult time transitioning from paper charting, but ChARM is beginning to win me over! It is an incredible value.

Cons

the ability to chat online with someone in real time when I need help. I like that I can FB message, but having a speedier reply than an hour or two, would be cool.

Reasons for Choosing ChARM EHR

Ease of use, word of other practitioners, professional but economical, level of product support

Shawna from Gorge Family Wellness Center

very good basic free program

headaches, learning new interface (why? why? why?)

Pros

well, originally it was the ease of use but with this new user interface...not so certain. Like the charting feature, easy to populate fields. Also like the patient communication it provides and tracks.

Cons

the new user interface has too many too small icons with too much info on the desktop. gotta figure out what all these silly icons represent. also why make such a large leap away from what all users are familar with?

Peggy from Active Wellness LLC

ChARMed

Getting all of billing services set up - just need the equipment and a little more time to implement this component.

Pros

Flexible program, HIPAA & HITECH compliant. Superb support staff!

Cons

More resources for therapy providers would be helpful.

Reasons for Choosing ChARM EHR

Security & economy, plus scaled addition of other embedded services.

Tanya from The Manette Clinic

Charm works

Charm is able to accommodate everything from scheduling to provider charting to insurance billing. When we do run into an issue customer service is always willing to listen and walk me thru things.

Pros

Price, customizable, customer support, all inclusive program

Cons

Customizing can take awhile but in the end it is worth it.

Reasons for Choosing ChARM EHR

Ease of use, price, customer service

Stephanie from Revolutions Naturopathic

Industry: Alternative Medicine

Ease of use and comprehensiveness

Overall I am very pleased with charm. It is ease to use, offers lots of reports and analytics, and everything is contained.

Pros

Cons

Inactive patients are treated no differently from active patients. Once inactivated, a patient shouldn't be able to have an invoice or encounter created. Inability to relabel or change dates. Searching is also a challenge. If there were a way to have a search bar that searched the entire patient chart (messages, tasks and comments, quick notes, encounters, labs, documents), that would be extremely helpful.

Reasons for Choosing ChARM EHR

Functionality, comprehensiveness, ease of use for doctors, and the extensive customizability.

Kelsi from Ncnm

Fly

So wonderful genuine staff who are so helpful and positive

Pros

Customizable Easy Reports are diverse

Cons

How much time I have to spend on it Still iron out glitches maybe forever

Dispensary integration

Melissa from NatureMedica

Awesome EHR

We are very please with charm and have recommended it to three other practices

Pros

Cons

We wish you could add a resource to the provider calender and book the room- the kiosk feature does not actually check in patients - and insurance is very not user friendly for patients

Reasons for Choosing ChARM EHR

It is the best platform for alternative medicine as it allows the products to be added to inventory

Sherry from Emerald City Naturopathic Clinic

Scalable and user friendly

Very good

Pros

It takes care of all patient interactions, scheduling, In house dispensary

Cons

We need some different inventory management reports, and I just heard that we can get them.

Nena from ACH Hospitalists

Best Small-Mid Size Practice EMR

Pros

All around excellent!!! Very easy to use! Has the same features as the "big" EMR companies and more! Easy to create templates and quick phrases. Integrates with e-prescribing, labs, and imaging centers. It's near perfect!

Cons

ICD 10 settings in the assessment section of the note are too restrictive. Difficult to find diagnoses at times if you do not type in the same first word.

For a small medical practice it's a good investement

Having the billing and collections reports intergated to the EHR makes a huge positive differnece, and the price is very reasonable to services rendered.

Pros

I like being able to see waht colleagues are doing with my patinets, and also like the intergrated billing and messaging support. having everythign on one place makes patinet care easier. I also enjoy being able to see patient messages and appointment requests via my cell phone app

Cons

I can't pull up a patient chart on my cell phone app, which makes answering specific questions ont he go difficult. Charm also lacks larger intergration of hospital visits-- we ahve to have other doctors fax results/ notes and enter them manually which can be a bit of a pain and hinderance to patinet care

Renee from Easton Neuropsychology

Switched from Practice Fusion and Love this Full Feature EHR

We switched to Charm when Practice Fusion moved from their free model. Honestly, I like this software better. It is more customizable and has more included features. It runs fast, is always up, sends text appointment reminders for free and voice reminders for a low price. I probably trialed 20 EHR systems before deciding on this one, and for the features and price point, I couldn't beat it, particularly for a small practice with multiple part-time providers, where we really can't afford to pay high prices per month for provider. Charm charges you for the number of encounters your practice has, so it remains in line with your profits. We are a mental health practice, and while it's not geared specifically towards this, if you tweak the form templates just a little, it works just fine.

Pros

Very customizable, reasonably priced add on services, receipt printing and accounting, good email options, snotty to send patients custom forms with their initial appointment confirmation, easy repeating of medications/diagnoses/prior note, great price point.

Cons

Nothing really... Except that it's not going to help you very much with MIPS.

Ashley from Health for Life Grand Rapids

Industry: Mental Health Care

Well Organized

Pros

Our office has used Charm EHR for a couple years now. Out of all the other medical management software that we have used, we definitely like this one the best. It is very well organized, and easy to use (both for practitioners and patients)

Cons

When issues arise either for practitioners or patients, it is difficult to get the issue resolved with customer service. For example, there is a limit on the amount of messages that a patient may send to their provider, which in general is a great rule. However, the message limit is supposed to reset after each visit, and often times, it does not. Patients often get quite frustrated over not being able to reach out to their doctor, and it creates more hassle for the office as well. If there is a way this can be altered/fixed, that would be wonderful!

Jeremy from At Home Nutrition

Great for a small practice

I would highly recommend this to any small practice.

Pros

Easy to use. Devs are always adding features with the integrated fax being one of our favorites. Its easy to add new patients, upload files to their chart and utilize patient management.

Cons

There really isnt too much I dont like. I wasn't a fan of the new UI very much but they allowed users to revert back to the old. The newer UI does offer a pretty cool texting feature for users withing the practice.

Shannon from Woodstock Natural Health Clinic

A but challenging to learn initially, but am really enjoying it

ease of access, secure, easy to review charts, HIPAA compliant

Pros

I love having integrated labs, scheduling, chart notes and billing-- having everything in one place is very helpful and convenient. I also like having HIPAA compliant messaging, and an iphone feature where I can see my schedule and treatment rwequests.

Cons

the iphone app is a bit clunky and if a patient emails with a questions I can't access their chart.

Chelsea from Fern Valley Natural Health

Very effective and efficent program with many helpful features!

Pros

Lots of features available and customizable, great flexability with use base on your practice type, one size fits all program.

Cons

Customer service response time could be better, billing integration with their selected clearinghouse is problematic and requires a lot of time to set up properly.

andrew from Sierra Stem Cell Institute

Excellent small practice EHR solution

Pros

Very intuitive and flexible. Lots of good options for electronic patient interaction. You can usually get someone on the phone to help with questions.

Cons

ePrescribing platform not yet approved in our state (nevada). It would be nice if patients could request their entire health record from within their PHR account, and have access to visit notes. I find the Chat feature intrusive and distracting and would like the option of having it disabled.

Merrick from North Portland Wellness Center

Industry: Alternative Medicine

ChARM is the cheapest EMR out there...I think.

Just okay. But it’s virtually free in many circumstances...

Pros

Cost. It’s free until a certain number of charts, but still has high functionality. You can pay monthly premiums for an internal medical records fax option. There are additional features with premiums, but the fax option is the only one I’ve used and can recommend. Charm has a relatively slick new OS. Patients can have linked accounts between clinics so they can check internal messaging and treatment protocols from multiple facilities with 1 login.

Cons

Charm’s ability to create billing statements, and comprehensive receipts is very limited. It’s customer service is near non-existant. With email only options to communicate, you can expect your first response to come somewhere between 1-3 business days. The initial response is usually something generic that’s been copy pasted and you’ll have to go back and forth a few times to get a response that actually matches your circumstance.

Katrina from Our Healing Roots, LLC

Excellent Choice My Small Practice

I started using ChARM EHR in my practice in July 2014 when I wanted to move away from paper charting. I had worked with hospital-based EHR systems in the past, and I am delighted to report that ChARM EHR has been far more reliable than the previous hospital-systems I used. I love the ability to fax and receive records directly from the system without having to print. Charting, uploading labs, uploading documents, and communicating securely with my clients has all worked well. There have been a few minor bugs along the way, but the company is very responsive to the support reports that I have sent and they are continually making improvements to the system that I love. Some of my clients have had difficulty accessing the online scheduling and filling out the online questionnaires, while most of my clients seem to use these functionalities with no issues at all.

Pros

Online faxing directly in the system Customization of chart notes and labs Ease of charting Reliability Ease of communicating with clients

Catherine from Wellness Garden PLLC

Industry: Alternative Medicine

This is a misleading question. My experience of the software? My experience of this class?

Listed on previous page.

Pros

Fairly easy to use.

Cons

It has many billing limitations. As well, as far as being able to evaluate the company statistics there is no function along these lines. You cannot see daily totals anywhere.

July 2016

Barry from Healing Provisions

July 2016

Affordable All in One for Integrative Medicine!

Pros

I have been using Charm for my Integrative practice for over 4 years. They have been really responsive to customer needs and wants. It is very flexible and has many more options for supplementation and dietary recommendations then most other systems. This at a very reasonable price (based on volume) for what is included!

Cons

They are having some growing pains with customer service and some times do not get issues resolved until you get in touch with a senior representative.

Zak from Longtoothe-Will, LLC

ChARM Implementation

ChARM allows me to easily configure and evaluate practice configurations with Practioners and staff. This allows me to prepare and train to our practice's unique work flows and scenarios. I am looking forward to completing the roll out and feel confident that the ChARM team will ensure that we are fully implemented on time.

Pros

ChARM provides multiple support channels offering comprehensive onboarding and post-implementation support. I rely on their knowledgebase and experienced team to quickly review configurations and support tuning for our unique work flows.

Cons

ChARM is a rich, comprehensive practice management platform. As the implementation lead, I did not in nitially integrate the (available) e ChARM resources into our team.

Reasons for Choosing ChARM EHR

I chose ChARM based on recommendations from several existing users followed by review of their o -boarding and post-implementation services.

Carol from Sirius Medical Billing, LLC

CHARM EHR makes billing easy

Charm has been effective in helping biller and provider to bill claims, recoup revenue and track unpaid balances fairly effectively.

Pros

Charm templates allow you to capture all the info on patient and insurance that you would need to bill for medical insurance. The ease of creating visits and moving them to Invoices for the biller to check and send is a time saver. Charm allows for data bases of insurances, cpt codes and DX codes that match your office practice. Charm allows me to stay in touch with my provider via their HIPAA compliant messaging service. s.

Cons

Charm does not allow for a batch statement feature. Invoices must be sent for each visit. This lack of process creates a very time consuming task for collections staff. ERAS are not automatically downloaded to CHARM but must be created by a 3rd party clearinghouse and them upoladed.

Monica from BowTie Medical

Charm EHR - what a gem of an EHR

What a relief to find an EHR that is easy to use, very adjustable and allows for a patient centered experience. All the other EHRs that I looked at put the biller first and the patient last. We take our patient care very seriously and wanted that to be the starting point in finding an EHR that worked for us. I found Charm on the web and for the first couple of weeks, we played with it looking for something that we didn't like about it. The only thing we don't really love about Charm is that each facility has it's own calendar - not a deal breaker. After that we jumped in with both feet. The price is good, the telehealth is fabulous and the billing and eRx were easy to get started. All in all, a real winner! I expect to be working in Charm for a long time.

Pros

It looks good, it works well and the price is right

Cons

Each facility has it's own calendar. It would be easier if the calendars could overlap. We have pracitioners that work in multiple facilities and it can be confusing to keep track of thier schedules.

Robert from Legacy Medical Centers

Functional, integrated, slightly time-consuming

Great program overall, maybe they will make it so there are less tabs and less clicks to get around. If you do not have a lot of visits per week this is a great value. It may also work if you are just starting up a practice, that way you don't have to agree to hundreds of dollars per month.

Pros

-Many features, comparable to any other program out there (e.g. syncs up with major laboratories) -Cloud based -Works with integrated MD/DC/PT offices, so you can have many types of providers -Great ability to customize exam forms and notes

Cons

-You are charged by each patient encounter. This can be bad if you have a high number of low-fee visits (like ancillary services). This may make it difficult to estimate how much it costs per month -Clicking on tabs takes up time. Some programs do a better job of integrating everything into one screen

Antasia from Arizona Integrative Medical Solutions

Charm is a breeze!

Pros

This product is so basic, yet so complex! All of the options available are amazing and are so simple to get to. Within two clicks, I am where I need to be in the software. All of the add-ons are great and are very specific to different types of practices and their needs.

Cons

Least liked thing, eh maybe the cost of adding each thing on - but again, they are worth it and they run a business too!

Nicole from Anderson Natural Medicine

Good value for small medical office

I've been using Charm for about 1 year and am pretty pleased overall.

Pros

I like the options to customize some templates such. I don't use billing features but it's great that it's included.

Cons

You cannot enter information directly on an invoice. For example, if you want to add a product into an invoice or a service that is out of the ordinary or brand new, you cannot just enter it and have it remain on the invoice. Everything has to be entered in inventory before hand. This is sometimes too time consuming. Some fields cannot be modified, like vaccines. Most patients do not know details, such as injection date. This if field is required so I enter visit date and then have to make other notes.

Justin from Revolutions Naturopathic

Easy to Use and Powerful Software

Pros

We selected Charm for the powerful charting interface. We have been able to move most all of our practice management functionality over to Charm and it keeps getting better.

Cons

Inventory management has been a challenge and multi-facility management is still a work in progress. Charm support is working hard to improve the product with customer functionality requests.

Hrvoje from MS Center

I just love it

Pros

Price is really great and it is really good to use. We used practice fusion before but it's complicated.

Cons

inventory tracking and billing for medications we receive. And we cannot manage reports like on other EHR.

Elizabeth from Elizabeth Guimont DC PC

Why did I wait to so long to switch to Charm Tracker!

A colleague recommended Charm Tracker for my EHR needs, so I decided to check them out. I've been a client for about a year now. I have a small practice so cost was an issue - no problem. I don't have employees and would need to know how to run the program - no problem. I wanted to make sure it was HIPPA compliant and secure - no problem! I decided to try this EHR system as I was running out of space with filing. Not to mention the time to file away chart notes. When I do have to print off my chart notes - they look so professional. They assign you a consultant who will train you on how to use the program. I was able to design my own chart note system. My consultant has been faithful to check in with me on a regular basis, so I feel supported. It's been a win-win system for me.

Pros

1. cost - free to join & free to use up to 50 entries per month. And the cost afterwards is reasonable. 2. reduces paper & time - frees up space - my files were getting larger and taking up room. frees up my time away from filing 3. great training and good customer support 4. HIPPA compliant and secure in cyberspace

Tricia from Creosote Health Services

So far we love using chARM

Pros

I like the portability of accessing data on any laptop or device around the office instead of having a paper chart.

Cons

We are still very new to chARM so I am sure there are many things we have yet to learn on the software. I do wish there were more how to videos to learn with the new UI.

August 2016

Jeremy from At Home Nutrition

August 2016

Pretty good for a small practice

Pros

Easy to use, lots of options for a good price. Ability to fax and text reminders within the software. Scheduling is OK but the patient portal is nice.

Cons

The fax cost is a bit high for 200 pages, getting help for or tutorials can be cumbersome. Navigating the settings page takes time to get used to but once you know where to go for things its pretty simple. The text reminder function (at this time) doesn't allow for the patient to confirm appts.

Excellent product for patients

Pros

I use this software as a patient and think it’s fantastic. I use this product to communicate with a naturopath, and because of the nature of my treatment, there is a lot of information and document sharing. The online patient portal is one of the safest and easiest I have used.

Cons

I say this a lot, but any sort of app would be great—especially for the patient portal.

Shantha from Lifestyle CenterMD

Best EHR that I have ever used!

We have worked with several EHRs in the past. This EHR had all the features that we were looking for especially for an Integrative Medicine Conciege Practice! Looking forward to an updated version.

Pros

Ease of use, multi-functionality, very affordable, great patient portal messaging, ability to create templates, share handouts , ability to personalize the app which the patients can access through their smart phones

Cons

E prescription - takes longer time to finish, needs updated ICD 10 codes, wish they had another option for integrated credit card transaction than Blue Fin

Stephen from IBS Treatment Center

Industry: Alternative Medicine

Great product for providers who truly customize their approach to each patient.

A much better product than my old one that is more suited to my practice of personalized health care, is easy to use, and my staff love it. And I saved money.

Pros

Overall the best option on the market for our needs and the best bang for the buck. Easy to use and easy to customize.

Cons

Is not as easy to manage multiple facilities and multiple doctors as I would like. Changing a provider's schedule is more difficult than it should be, and the system is not capable of temporarily adding a day for a provider so we have to fake it. Does not provide any marketing options.

Aaron from Scottsdale Restorative Medicine

Industry: Alternative Medicine

No real customer support.

Liked there soft ware in general

Pros

I like there software in general, scheduling and itemizing unique purchases and price. This is all good if they had customer service.

Cons

Lack of support or none.. We needed help with the Faxes stopped working and tried calling and just left message. Days later no response, so we had to use another company for faxes.

Matthew from Pediatric Center of Somerset, LLC

Very function... but there is a steep learning curve

Customer support is excellent. You can get a hold of someone to help by email, chat, or call back. Very knowledgeable folks.

Pros

The software is very functional and customizable. It has all the necessary aspects for just about any primary care practice. There is a massive template library to choose from as well as the ability to make your own (although with the number of templates available, that doesn't seem to be necessary). Appointment calendar is nice. Has an accompaning App that I have on my phone that I can review appointments for that day or any other day. Handy tool.

Cons

There is a learning curve to modify the templates. Once you get the "hang" of it , no problem. There are many features that take some getting use to, but with some patience works well. Could get rather pricey if you have a very large practice.

Dr. Denise C from Advanced Integrative Health Group, LLC

Charm EHR has made managing our acupuncture practice more efficient and easier.

Improved chart notes and billing.

Pros

We run a group practice so it is great to be able to maintain standard notes and process a chart from registration to billing with ease. The integrated clearinghouse is simple to process claims and the chart notes are customizable.

Cons

The mobile apps features need to match the desktop version especially with integrating scheduling with chart notes and annotated images.

Naturopatic from ND

ChARM works well for my small practice.

I have been using ChARM since about 2013, early in their business. They have been continually updating features and making the interface better. I find it particularly well-suited for my natural medicine practice as I am able to track supplements and medications separately, as well as created customized templates for the types of visits I see. The downside so far is that the customer service response time is quite slow--it is very difficult to get someone on the phone, ever. Usually responses are by email, days or sometimes even weeks later. I have to admit, due to the small size of my practice, I do not pay for the EHR, so perhaps this would be different for larger, practices who are paying customers.

August 2014

Elizabeth from Columbia Basin Natural Family Medicine

August 2014

Great EMR.

Charm has been a wonderful addition to my practice. I use only the medical records portion of it because I am happy with the practice management software that I currently use. It is intuitive! After struggling with a previous EMR program for a very painful year - I was delighted to find that we could jump right into ChARM with very little training and very few problems. They are continually expanding and improving the software and are responsive to new ideas. Customer service always responds within 24 hours via message, but I would like it better if we could get them by phone. However, I must say that I do not have urgent need of Customer Service often since the program runs so well.

Michael from North Island Medical

Frustrations from the beginning

Pros

Touted features sound great, but the implementation needs work. Cost is reasonable. I like the idea of the Kiosk, but the app was thrown together.

Cons

1. Customer service is on the West Coast and they do not pick up until 12:00EST 1.5 Actual team that fixes problems is in India so NOTHING GETS FIXED until the next day! 2. Customer Service rep needs to find another line of work, he does not do well with customer service. 3. Every day there are new challenges with the software. Today, all of our patients disappeared for the day, yesterday, we could not get into and view the schedule. Lets see what tomorrow brings. 4. No higher-ups we can discuss issues and the aforementioned frustrations!

Travis from Dr. Travis J. Elliott

Great customer service and solid platform

I've used Charm for years and they have consistently improved the functionality, using the suggestions and requests of actual doctors. I now use the billing module, the merchant processing, the online calendar option, and of course the charting. I love how the entirety of my practice is run through Charm. And my patients really like it!

Pros

Ease of use, price, and customer service.

Cons

The messaging can be a bit clunky. The billing reports are not as customizable as I would like.

Luke from PrimeHealth

Horrific Customer Support

Pros

It looks great and is easy to navigate. We do love their customizable intake forms, which are easy to create and look fantastic.

Cons

Worst customer service I've experienced, possibly ever. We have been waiting on Charm for TWO WEEKS just to allow us to charge our patients directly through Charm. They're integrated with Bluefin (a credit card processor), but they literally seem to have zero idea how to set up our account. Each time I call, I speak to "CSR", who says "sorry, I can't do anything about this, let me send a message to our team". To say our team is frustrated with Charm is an understatement. Do yourself a favor and use Elation Health.

KAREN from LANDMARK MEDICAL

SUPERVISING PHYSICIAN COMMENTS

Pros

FLOW OF INFORMATION IN THE CHART. I LIKE THE EASE OF ACCESSING PATIENT CHARTS AND BEING ABLE TO SEND MESSAGES TO MY NURSE PRACTITIONERS.

Sherri from Balance in Health

Best thing our practice ever did.

Our practice used to be all paper based, we signed up to charm in 2015 and it has been the best thing we ever did. It has saved us time by having everything in one system. It has saved us money by cutting down on our paper usage. It makes tracking claims so easy. The best part is we are now totally Hippa compliant and it has improved communication between our practice and patients. The support staff is excellent and quick to respond to all of our inquiries.

Tanya from The Manette Clinic

Charm EMR

We have been using Charm for a year. We love the ease of use We plan on having charm for a long time.

Pros

ease of use

Andy from BTW Doc

Charm

Pros

Documentation and support. Nice to see such attention to detail.

Cons

None. We are currently integrating with charm health.

September 2016

Karen from At Home Nutrition

September 2016

Dietitian who needed a new system.

Pros

I like that is is very easy to use and has saved me a great deal of time.

Cons

I wish it had a better appointment reminder system.

Mikhail from The Pain Doctors

Good free software

Good free software for a star up medical clinic. I would recommend for any small clinic that doesn't want to pay for other EHR's. It has a lot of features for a free software.

Brenda from Cascade Acupuncture Center

Good and it is improving

Pros

easy to use for the most part...I have only used for a short time ...still learning I really like the reminders and Insurance billing

Cons

auto fill in certain places is not good like when we put in a city and if not looking close you might put in the wrong information for the address or phone number