• Pros

• "I really like this software and my clients love it too. It is secure and easy to use. Great quality performance. Client love that they don't need to have an account "

• "I liked that it was easy to use, easy to set up."

• " The software is very easy to use, it connects quickly in the picture/audio is better than expected."

• Cons

• "the free version doesn't give any direct customer support but able to email concerns and receive relatively rapid responses"

• "At times there are picture or sound issues, but the majority of the time it works well."

• "Connecting to patients in rural areas is difficult, something the video works but we cannot connect audio"

Browse Doxy.me Reviews

Peggy from Horizon Behavioral Health, PLLC

Excellent platform

Great experience.

Pros

Easy for patients and providers and FREE.

Cons

Some patients are unable to access the camera and microphone; not sure why.

It was free.

More pts had difficulty with G Suite

Alice from Dr. Samantha Dreyer, Psychologist

Doc See Me Lives Up to Its Mission Statement

I have been VERY happy with Doxy.me, overall. I truly appreciate that their goal of increasing telehealth access means that solo practitioners like me can use the software for free. Connectivity issues happen with different platforms on different days, and the free account allows me to have a Plan B when my EHR's video function fails.

Pros

I started using doxy.me in late February, 2020, when an immunocompromised patient requested video sessions to limit their exposure to COVID-19. I found it very easy to use, greatly appreciated the ease with which I got a Business Associate Agreement, and I like that it shows how much time has elapsed in each session. My patients have also found it to be easier to use than my EHR's video function. Also, it keeps a record of the start and stop times of all my sessions, which makes it easier to get the times right on my progress notes.

Cons

There's nothing that jumps out at me as an issue, honestly.

Reasons for Choosing Doxy.me

For my small practice, it is free. I ultimately signed up for Counsol.com's video, too, in mid-March, 2020, because I rapidly learned that connectivity was not always possible (which I chalked up to getting what I paid for - LOL) and I wanted access to another HIPAA-compliant option. I continue to use Doxy.me the most, however, because I prefer its "stopwatch" feature and my patients find it so easy to use - no username, no password, just type in the URL and we're off.

Response from Doxy.me

Replied June 2020

Thanks so much for your review Alice! If you ever have connectivity issues, please don't hesitate to get in touch with us! support@doxy.me

Brittany from Self-Employed

Great telehealth software!

Pros

Doxy.me is very easy to use! I love that my clients do not have to download or pay for anything, they just use the link to my virtual therapy room. This gives them ease of access and has made the process of switching to telehealth more smooth!

Cons

There are times where the video quality of doxy.me is poor, becomes pixelated, and requires me and/or my client to refresh the webpage and re-enter the video call. This doesn't happen often though.

Reasons for Switching to Doxy.me

I made the switch because doxy.me is free and VSee limited the number of free sessions I could have per month.

Sonya from Psychotherapist

Industry: Mental Health Care

Used Doxy successfully for about 6 mths, and now it is freezing constantly during sessions

It was working really well for client appointments (which I do a lot of using tele conferencing systems) but has become extremely unreliable in the last month. I did recommend it to one colleague who is having similar issues

Pros

In the past I would have said easy to use and reliable ..

Cons

I have tried every possible combination to have the highest speed possible, and my clients have high speed service, but Doxy is constantly freezing up during sessions. I used to have excellent service with Doxy and I'm wondering why it has changed. When I do Doxy's diagnostic service it says everything is "excellent", but I can tell you it is not!I have already paid for the service for the year, but I'm considering switching. I received an email from the CEO of Doxy a month or so ago saying he was leaving and i am wondering if things have changed and the service isn't what it used to be?

Response from Doxy.me

Replied September 2017

Hi Sonya, I'm sorry for the trouble. We haven't changed anything in the past couple months in regards to the quality of our service. I'd be happy to jump on a call with you and see what might be going on. Sometimes even things like not having a recent software update installed can have negative effects on performance - so I'm confident we could get it worked out. We also have a satisfaction guarantee so we will refund you for any unused time on your yearly plan if we are not able to come up with a solution for you. I sent you a email as well so we can setup a time to troubleshoot. Thank you, Dylan Turner dylan@doxy.me CTO and Cofounder

Dan from Broadway Pediatric Associates

Extra Office Space.

It has been a life-saver in that half our visits on any given day may be done remotely.

Pros

This allows us to see far more patients without them crowding in to an actual waiting room For the most part connections and quality have been good. It is easy to direct patients to our waiting room. You can send a chat message to one person in the waiting room while talking to another. Our practice logo can appear nicely on the landing page.

Cons

Occasionally it take a minute for the outgoing sound to connect, although I can hear the people on the other end.

Reasons for Switching to Doxy.me

Security concerns, features, ease of directing patients to Waiting room.

Sheila from Smithson Valley Counseling Center Inc.

Great Platform for Telehealth

Solid, HIPAA complant platform.

Pros

We are very happy with the ease of use for providers and clients. The video and sound have overall been very clear with little interruptions.

Cons

The cost for all users in our office is a concern. We do not know where the viral pandemic will take us in the months to come. In our area, it seems to be settling down, but we are still concerned about ongoing local and state governance of business related to the same.

Reasons for Choosing Doxy.me

Ease of use. Medical focus.

Reasons for Switching to Doxy.me

Found out that ZOOM was no longer HIPAA compliant. Plus, the cost for our clinic was going to skyrocket. Plus the fact that there were breaches in the platform and that some provider's sessions were accessible to other people, whether hackers or not... (I can't remember the details) but it was not worth the risk. I did research. Tried two different ones, and doxy won out.

Chris from Chris Maskens

Doxy - perfect for therapists

Easy access, stable, reliable, secure and compassionate.

Pros

High level encryption. No software downloads. No password requirement. A stable, permanent address for clients to access. I trust Doxy.me because their ethics are based on the welfare of people, reflected in how they price their service.

Cons

I haven't found anything missing in this software.

Reasons for Switching to Doxy.me

I run a very low cost/pro bono practice and could not afford to pay for Zoom. Doxy was a Godsend and enables me to support people that cannot afford paid therapy

Kathleen from Kathleen A Diehl

Appreciative Consumer

Overall, I am satisfied with Doxy.me and with the ongoing inquiries about how the program is working for me.

Pros

HIPPA compliance is essential to my work as a psychotherapist. I am a solo practitioner, and having this program available for free is amazing.

Cons

It's common to experience brief frozen screens in which both video and audio are interrupted. This occurs one or more times in the majority of my sessions.

Reasons for Switching to Doxy.me

Colleague recommendations and the option for free use of the program.

diane from Talk to me

Doxy works for me

I send invite, patient response and we do session.

Pros

So far Doxy has not failed me. I am able to have patients connect with little problems.

Cons

Do date not real problems. I have not problem.

Reasons for Switching to Doxy.me

Hard to make connection and often loss session.

Sarah from Blake Psychotherapy & Associates

Great for telementalhealth

The program is HIPPA compliant, I can use it with very minimal issues, and I think it is a good platform.

Pros

The software is easy to use - both myself and my clients, it works well 85% of the time, and the other 15% it either improves while on the call or at worst, we still have audio. This is generally with clients who have tried to do sessions from their vehicles.

Cons

In a previous program, I liked that clients could leave me text messages via the portal. While this is a viable option while on with a client, I have not seen a way to do this with clients not on the portal.

Reasons for Switching to Doxy.me

I was having a lot of issues with the video working on VSee and video calls dropping. That occurs much much less with Doxy.me.

Response from Doxy.me

Replied August 2019

Thanks for your review!

Cori from Entrusted Care

Best Medical Practice Assistant

Providing excellent, HIPAA compliant telemedicine is a must for our practice. Being able to meet patients where they are at, instead of having them wait, take time away from work or family, and make sure their healthcare needs are met is the number 1 reason we use this program in our practice. It is an excellent program.

Pros

I love the ease of use. I like that there is nothing to download for the patient or provider. Everything is cloud based. Can be used on any device with a camera and internet access.

Cons

Sometimes based on internet service providers, the service can be slow. But this is an outside problem.

Reasons for Choosing Doxy.me

The free version was excellent. The $29.99 a month option even more spectacular! And the ease of use! Login and go! Same with a patient. Very easy to use, every easy to explain.

Reasons for Switching to Doxy.me

AdvancedMD utilized the ZOOM platform. This required several steps before seeing a patient. And required the patient to download software and to make sure everything was updated. This could delay the appointment time by 30-45 minutes if there were download or updating problems. Doxy, also had a free version, which was excellent!

Response from Doxy.me

Replied February 2020

Thanks for the review Cori!

Dan from Self-employed Private Practice

Industry: Mental Health Care

Outstanding Product - Someday an Industry Standard?

I initially started using doxy to cut down on missed appointments due to illness or conflicts. Doxy allowed me to engage in "telehealth" on those occasions when a client would otherwise have to "late cancel," thus leaving me with the option of charging them for it (not good from a customer relations standpoint) or eating it. Then, when the coronavirus emergency hit, I was able to transition easily to all telehealth, thus keeping myself and my clients safe. Yay!

Pros

I wanted a platform that was secure for my clients. What most attracted me to doxy vs. other secure platforms (or other platforms in general) was the fact that my users (clients) didn't have to download anything, just click on a link. In a former life, I used to design and develop computer application systems and I really like the "feel" of doxy, it's usability for me and my clients, plus my modest exposure to their tech support has been quick and useful. All of this allowed me to transition quickly into the "telehealth" arena very quickly, which I appreciated during the coronavirus outbreak emergency.

Cons

It's hard to respond as there are so many positives. If at all possible, it would be nice to have additional ways to troubleshoot connectivity or video/audio quality issues in real-time. For example, real-time advice for the user as to what to do to correct things on their side. I know a lot of this is in the available articles, but it's hard to go searching through articles when you're trying to quickly get things going during a "meeting." Maybe I'm asking for an "artificial intelligence" solution that's not feasible?

Reasons for Choosing Doxy.me

HIPAA-compliance, no need for a download, and relatively inexpensive (I use the Professional version).

Response from Doxy.me

Replied April 2020

Thank you for your review! Glad you were able to transition everyone to online appointments!

Kyle from Triple Willow Mental Health, Inc.

Social-Forward Healthcare

I have had VERY few hiccups with quality, connectivity, and other technical issues, but they appeared to be concentrated around the time a major overhaul of the aesthetics and features was taking place. I love it, my patients love it, and my staff love it. We have attempted other programs with "better" functions, but those fell with empty promises and the "added functionality" was marketed to make work flow simpler, but they were just so much more confusing than Doxy. We are really please with Doxy, and don't foresee a change in any near future.

Pros

I love the simplicity for patients to be able to access my virtual waiting room from anywhere. The features, as needed, is a great functional option; we're a nonprofit clinic and don't need all the features every day and don't need the cost to branch over every day. So, having the option to have them for a particular day is best for growth for any sized company and in any direction. Several other products were charging upwards of $300 per month when it was just me trying to reach patients in rural farming communities to prevent 3 hour travel times to get to the office. Doxy saved the day. Tele-health should be for ALL, not only those willing to pay the cost for convenience.

Cons

Not much; I do wish the app was still around. That made it easier for Providers on tablets, and notification when the Patient is in while multitasking.

Response from Doxy.me

Replied April 2019

Hi Kyle! Thanks so much for the review! We are so glad doxy.me is fitting your needs. We also believe telemedicine should be for all!

Alisa from Phoenix Tech Gurus

"Life saver" HIPAA compliant telemedicine solution

I support a medium-sized primary care medical practice. They need to implement telemedicine almost immediately in light of this Corona Virus crisis. I was able to create an account and send out a request that was received by another device that I have, and within minutes was able to have a live videocall between the two. The graphics were fine, the audio was fine, very little lag. The upgraded version allows for file transfer, which would be better than sending files via email for security reasons. Please be aware that the provider will need to use a device with a Chrome browser. When I tested using it as the provider from a Chrome browser from my Android tablet, it did not work -- I have tested it primarily from a Windows 10 laptop, Chrome browser. I have tested this with a gentleman in his 50s who was easily able to receive the invitation and get access to it from his Android smartphone. I have tested it with Android devices and Windows 10 laptops. Will be testing with an iPad later today. I was very pleased that this was a workable, simple, scalable solution that my medical office client will be able to implement almost immediately, with no up front cost unless they want the upgraded features. The basic functionality is phenomenal, especially considering the medical crisis that we are in. Thank you for this doxy.me

Pros

Patients do not need to create an account, and are able to access from popular browsers, such as Chrome, Firefox, and Safari, from any device.

Cons

Well, patients still have to allow access for the browser to use the camera and microphone. And the email link will open in whichever internet browser is default, and not all patients know how to call up a link in the correct browser. This is difficult sometimes for people who have very few tech skills. However, these problems would exist currently with almost ANY telemedicine solution, as they have more to do with the permissions on the devices being used by the patients rather than relating to doxy.me specifically. Also, they advertised that there was a 30-day "free trial" for the upgraded version, but once I signed up, the upgraded version was only available by paying for it -- however, the fee was very reasonable.

Reasons for Choosing Doxy.me

Universal compatibility. Most people already have a laptop or Android device or Apple device with Chrome, Firefox, or Safari already installed. Many users already know how to set the needed permissions, or can be eaily walked through it. We needed a solution that staff members would become easily familiarized with. This does the trick!

Response from Doxy.me

Replied April 2020

Thanks for the review!

Noreen from NEEA

Best Ever

I have been using Doxy.me for almost a year now. Since signing up I have received nothing but praise from my clients who use it. When doing therapy over the internet it is important to have a product that is not only HIPPA compliant but also Secure.

Pros

A colleague recommended this product to me and I have been using it ever since. I love the feature of having a virtual waiting room for my clients. I am notified promptly when they have entered the "waiting room". I can share the screen with my clients while working on a treatment plan or homework. I can use it on my computer, my phone or my tablet and so can they. IT is the best HIPPA compliant app I have found.

Cons

I have not had any issues related to this software. Most of the time the issues I have are with WIFI or other connectivity issue not related to this product.

Reasons for Switching to Doxy.me

While both CounSol.com and Doxy.me provide secure and HIPPA compliance. I have found Doxy.me to be more user friendly for my clients to use.

Response from Doxy.me

Replied January 2020

Hi Noreen! Thanks so much for the review! We are glad you and your patients are enjoying the platform!

Robin from Aspen Ridge Counseling Center

Industry: Mental Health Care

Free, confidential, easy to use

I'm a mental health counselor who had to suddenly figure out how to provide telehealth sessions in a HIPAA compliant way once COVID 19 hit. A colleague & my boss recommended Doxy.me as free, easy to use, & HIPAA compliant. It has proven to be all 3. Initially I had some extremely frustrating experiences trying to get my bluetooth to work with it, but once I figured that out it's been pretty smooth. I'm glad it's been smooth, because customer service seems to only consist of their user issues library. I don't know how to get a hold of an actual person for support. It appears that must be a premium/paid feature.

Pros

I like that there is a waiting room where more than 1 client can be waiting w/o any overlap or breach of confidentiality. The software is very easy to use for both me & my clients- no downloading a specific app- just go to a website. We use the same link every time, so there's no last minute prep needed, or changes each time that I or the client have to keep track of. They have clearly worked very hard once COVID hit to improve the system, work out bugs, & address issues. I rarely have an issue anymore.

Cons

Human support (beyond the problems library online) seems to be a paid/premium thing- I can't seem to access it as a free user. There were some frustrating bugs 3 months ago, but they've clearly worked very hard to get the kinks out & it is now a very smooth process nearly every time.

Doxy is HIPAA compliant

Jassy from Northampton Sex Therapy, LLC

Efficient and effective

I originally chose Doxy.me as a back-up for when my normal video platform, VSee, was not working. But I now consistently use Doxy.me instead of VSee because it's more reliable.

Pros

Doxy.me has been easy to use for both myself, a licensed psychotherapist, and my clients some of whom are not very tech savvy. It has a user-friendly interface which makes life a lot easier for those of us who had to quickly move to Telehealth.

Cons

Sometimes the visuals aren't as stable as I would like - and not sure if this is the stress on the bandwidth or a software issue.

Reasons for Switching to Doxy.me

Doxy.me has been more reliable overall, and my clients report a preference for the doxy.me video platform.

Heidi from Institute for Cognitive Therapy

Industry: Mental Health Care

Awesome platform for individual or couple's counseling

Simple to use, even for the most computer-challenged!

Pros

This product is very easy to use for both my staff and clientele.

Cons

My only complaint is that it really doesn't work well for groups larger than 4, which Doxy tells you. During the pandemic we have needed to run group therapy online, and sadly had to access another platform for that.

price convenience of use

Reasons for Switching to Doxy.me

Originally we switched because Zoom wasn't HIPAA compliant without having to spend a lot of money. My biggest problem with them is that they don't tell you this unless you do a lot of digging, and then they won't tell you prices unless you speak directly on the phone with them.

Response from Doxy.me

Replied May 2020

Hi! We did make an improvement to group calling last week. Have you tested it out since then? Also, I would confirm that all participants on group call have speeds of 10mbps or higher. Group calling does take more bandwidth then a 1-to-1 call. https://discuss.doxy.me/t/weekly-product-update-big-improvements-to-group-call-feature-and-more-may-1-2020/26055

JEFF from Levy, SAG-AFTRA:One Union

Doxy.me: Putting you face to face when you can't be there in reality

This was a one and hopefully done experience. Not terrible, but new. I have to use the software options that those I need are using for me to have meetings, etc. So, I am virtually a user and at the mercy of the system. It was one of a few lately where I had a "virtual" visit somewhere and it was more than just a 1 on 1. So that dynamic on a new system took a moment to get used to . I didn't love it or what I felt my doctor did or did not get out of it, but with health concerns, it was suitable. Perhaps it has been around for awhile, or maybe is newer. I did not do any extra checking on them because I didn't have a lot of my links until the morning of.So I dove right in. We had a 19 minute meeting and got basics covered. I see that person "live" next week, so I am going to poke around more with their intentions on Doxy.me and the furture should we need to revisit virtual meetings. I will post updates if I get relevant information.

Pros

This was a one time invite from my Dermatologist. Their company uses this method for their sudden need of a "virtual" encounter from home to office or elsewhere while keeping patient exposure low during covid-19 operations. Once we got going,it had a different layout than some other popular types of video conferencing methods and on my end I thought it was positively interesting as it was different. I don't have a special like here however.

Cons

Okay. So, this is the method a Physician of mine uses to help patients while we are in limited environments during the coronavirus. I am just a user invited to the meeting. For me, this was an out of the gate and running type moment because I had no experience with Doxy.me previously and I really received little instructions prior to my meeting. So I felt like I scrambled rather than sat comfortably waiting to join a meeting. I got the wrong provider, despite some login/join codes I had. The way it is set up I suppose was to the Prescriber's needs or likes. It was weird because camera angles and adjustments weren't so clear or fine tuned. I'd think a Dermatology office would have super power visual options to assess patients online. Not here. We had a little audio interruption. It is not a platform I'd want to be on with more than 2 of us in the future.Hopefully I won't have to. But it was an experience. I was left out of most control options and just went with it.

Robin from New Foundation Inner Health

Industry: Mental Health Care

Excellent app for my practice

excellent; especially during this period of Coronavirus and need to change my care to online. I've used Doxy.me pretty much since its inception many years ago and have alway liked the program. As a result, I've told many colleagues about it and as a result several large clinics in the Portland Metro area use it.

Pros

aside from the fact that it's free, it is very easy for my providers and patients to use. they don't need to download anything and access my virtual waiting room directly from the URL.

Reasons for Switching to Doxy.me

more secure and easier to use

Response from Doxy.me

Replied April 2020

Thanks for telling other providers about doxy.me!!

Pamela from Pamela Eaken, LMFT, Private Practice

Why I like Doxy.me

Well, I do video conferencing with my therapy clients. I was living in the Bay Area, and have since moved to a more rural area. But several of my clients wanted to continue therapy, and this has been great for us. In addition, the rural area I'm in has a lot of people in mountainous regions around me where there are few mental health care services; so, they are able to have therapy services through video. It's pretty awesome. Doxy.me has helped make that possible.

Pros

I like the ease of use mostly. I don't do a lot of fancy things. I just connect to clients, and we talk. Client can talk to me from any browser on any device, so it's portable. They just need access to the internet. I've never had a problem with the connection being too slow or dropping because of Doxy. Comcast, however, is another story...:-)

Cons

I honestly can't think of anything. If I had something to say about this, I certainly would, but I don't. :-)

Reasons for Choosing Doxy.me

It was less complicated, and at the time I started using it, it was free. I pay a bit now for more features, but it's still affordable.

Response from Doxy.me

Replied September 2019

Thanks for the great review! We are so glad you can keep seeing patients after you have moved!

Dee from Mental Health Care

Industry: Mental Health Care

I really want to like Doxy.me

I like the simplicity, but the platform has more issues than SimplePractice (in terms of internet, dropouts, et cetera). I wish this issue could be fixed, since I don't know of any similar platforms (in terms of simplicity, which is really helpful with clients.

Pros

The simplicity - it's great that the client does not need to download and install anything - not all clients are very computer savvy.

Cons

It's unbelievably glitchy. As an older therapist, I work only part time. I use Doxy.me for about 10 hours a week. However, it's rare that I make it through an entire hour without a problem. I often have to resort to using the phone, et cetera. Additionally, Doxy.me has had periodic problems with which browsers it works on. As a Mac user, I prefer Safari as my browser. For a couple of months, I used Doxy.me on Safari, and it ran acceptably (I'm not talking about the glitchy issues here). Then, I began to have a problem with sound. I'd sign in, but clients couldn't hear me. I finally spoke to someone at Doxy.me and they told me that it wasn't working on Safari, wouldn't work on Firefox, and they recommended a microsoft browser that I don't think is still in existence. I asked about Google Chrome, and for a while, Doxy.me worked fairly well. However, the problems with dropouts seem to be getting worse, rather than better. I don't think I can continue to use this software.

I liked the simplicity.

Michelle from Pacific Mental Wellness

Easy to use.

Videoconferencing with clients.

Pros

Hipaa compliant. Free option, some paid features. No software required- runs on internet browser. Good mobile app. No log-in code required for each session . Clients don't have to register. Clients can log into the "waiting room" at any time. Custom virtual waiting room. You can message clients in the system.

Cons

Only runs on certain internet browsers. If I open another program (Skype, Facetime), I generally have to reboot my computer for Doxy to recognize my microphone again. Video and audio quality varies - often freezes up. Freezing up may be in part due to either my internet speed or the client's internet speed, so I am not sure how they could fix this. They do offer different quality levels (to match the internet speed) however on the paid version.

Response from Doxy.me

Replied June 2018

Thank you for your review! Have you ever taken our diagnostic tests for freezing video? You can find a link at help.doxy.me! Doxy.me works on Safari, Chrome, and Firefox.

Patients love the easy login

Easy to set up and use!

Pros

Patients only have to use one link - the same one - every time to appear in a 'virtual waiting room.' Sometimes a patient might log in a day early and you can send a text directly when they appear to make corrections. Seamless, secure and HIPAA compliant, and everyone under 80 y old finds it easy to use. Adequate video and audio, and also if needed simultaneous text chat. Network connections do require strong wifi but also will work very well with cell phone links. A bandwidth meter appears on the clinician's screen, so it is possible to foresee dropouts caused by internet problems. Great value for the price!

Cons

When signing in through an EMR portal called Luminello, sometimes patients have problems, but the direct www.doxy.me site is highly reliable. On rare occasions the audio fails for unclear reasons, possibly user error on the patient's end, but the video remains clear and a non-synch'd phone call allows both audio and video without much hassle.

Reasons for Choosing Doxy.me

Initially the choice of Doxy.me was for HIPAA compliance, which Zoom didn't clearly have at the beginning of COVID. Glad it has worked this well!

Earta from Earta Norwood, LLC

Industry: Mental Health Care

The best platform I've tried!

I started to consistently work with clients that need video therapy in 2016. I tried all the platforms that were out at the time. I narrowed it down to two that I used consistently for 3-5 months, and finally decided on Doxy. Have not regretted my decision. I still occasionally use the other services and Doxy still remains my favorite.

Pros

The connection is reliable & customer service is responsive. I was most impressed with their last round of improvements/added features--it closely matched the list generated by the providers (even minor improvements that didn't get many upvotes) and it showed that the developing team was actually paying attention. I like that I have my virtual waiting room that I can customize.

Cons

There are times when I need to refresh the connection. The last time that I needed to do that several times during the week was many months ago and coincided with the most recent updates.

Doxy was smoother

Response from Doxy.me

Replied October 2019

Thanks for your review Earta!

Gabriela from Medical Practice

excellent for what it says it does!

Excellent for telepsych. It makes the whole concept approachable to both patient and clinician. The only downfall is unrelated to Doxy.me, which is the internet speed.

Pros

Love the ease of use, my elderly patients do not have to struggle to download a software etc

Cons

Can you bring scheduling capability, please

Reasons for Switching to Doxy.me

my elderly or not so computer savvy patients could not handle the downloading of an extra software.

Response from Doxy.me

Replied March 2020

Thanks for the review Gabriela!

Doxy.me

Overall, I have liked using Doxy.me. I've recommended it to colleagues on a number of occasions.

Pros

For my practice, I have used Doxy.me for quite some time. I feel secure when meeting with clients and it is simple enough for clients to sign on. I like the waiting room option and the ability to chat with clients when they are waiting for me. Quality has been okay. I've had some issues, but nothing to make me want to change service. I use doxy.me specifically for teletherapy. My clients are able to sign on from their phones, computers and tablets.

Cons

I use the free version of Doxy.me so this may be a feature not offered because of that, but allowing multiple people into a session that are not in the same space would be something I'd like to have the ability to do. I do couples therapy and family sessions. I prefer for couples to be in the same space, but for family sessions, the capability to have multiple people sign on would be great. Again, this may be a feature offered for the paid version and something I would consider if needed.

Response from Doxy.me

Replied May 2020

Thanks so much for the review! We do have group calling available on our premium plans! If you only need it once in awhile you can sign up for a 24 hour day pass for $10 and will have access to all of our pro features.

Liza from Marriage and Family Therapy Services

Thank you Doxy.me!

Pros

The fact that you provide a FREE HIPAA compliant platform for small counseling practices is phenomenal. I've been using it since before the COVID-19 crisis, and it was always good, but got MUCH BETTER afetr the latest software update.

Cons

Not being able to do conference calling on the free platform. I have to siwtch to FreeConferenceCall.com when my clients are in 2 spearate places.

Response from Doxy.me

Replied April 2020

Thank you for your review! Our professional plan is only $35 a month which includes group calling. You can also do a day pass for $10 if you just need to use group calling occasionally.

Charyl from A Balanced Place

Essential Tool for Telemental Health

Pros

I started with the free version and upgraded to the professional level for my private practice. I have found it to be reliable with my strong internet. I can work with a family when they are in different locations, and I can message folks who are in the waiting room if I run over a bit. The ability to have clients pay through Stripe is a great feature as I do not need to track their credit card numbers. Sharing screens allows me to do some educational work with clients and clients often pay more attention than they would in an office! My waiting room is set up to offer education while people wait and I can set an environment there that supports my therapy.

Cons

It's not really the software, just general accessibility issues for some of my clients who do not have consistent strong service.

Sandra from private practice

Industry: Mental Health Care

Great site for teletherapy for mental health

Pros

I started using this site back when it was first starting up and they have come quite far in fixing some early technical issues. This is a great free site for offering telehealth visits, especially since it is encrypted, and therefore HIPPAA compliant. There are still occasional technical issues with delays and freezing (and it's a good idea not to use a cell phone for doing it, as incoming calls and texts tend to mess with the connection), but given it is encrypted, which makes it harder to have great picture and sound quality, it works pretty well and is easy to use.

Cons

Picture still freezes on occasion, or there are sound delays. It helps if both parties have really good computers and internet connections.

Reasons for Choosing Doxy.me

Hippaa compliant and free.

Paul from Paul D. Clarke, Physician Assistant, PLLC

Doxy.me is the premier platform for Telepsychiatry

This is the mainstay of my practice. I would not be in practice during these COVID years without Doxy.me

Pros

This is a near perfect platform for telemedicine! I have used it daily for four years. My practice is 100% Telepsychiatry and I have used the free version and the paid version with rare issues of dropped calls. It is HIPAA compliant, customer service is awesome and easy for patients to use.

Cons

The population at large turns to Zoom and Facebook for communication with friends and family but those are NOT HIPAA compliant. Better marketing and better press is needed to tell the public that Doxy.me is now the standard in the industry for communication with Clinicians.

Reasons for Choosing Doxy.me

Much simpler for my patients to use. Very straightforward for my colleagues and I to implement!

Amber from Integrated Wellness and Strategies, LLC

A Wonderful Product

My overall experience with Doxy.me is that it has been an exceptionally positive experience using product.

Pros

I am a mental health practitioner who has been using Doxy.me for Teletherapy for over two years. I use Doxy.me nearly every day and love it because it is very simple and easy to use for both me and my clients, it is free, it is HIPAA compliant, and on the rare occasions I need customer support - it is readily available and professional. I can't think of anything I don't like about it!

Cons

I can't think of anything I would improve about this product for my purpose - which is Teletherapy.

Reasons for Switching to Doxy.me

The product I used before cost a fair amount, I didn't need most of the resources it offered, and it wasn't as easy to use as Doxy.me.

Ed from Wayne State University Physician Group

1st time review

We are a university based, urban psychiatry dept with the largest psych residency in the midwest. we have been using tel-psych services for ER, inpt., outpt & home based services. It has expanded the reach of the psychiatrists tremendously. The average age of a psychiatrist now is 62 y.o. The residents are learning from this experience & it has allowed us to reach the developmentally disabled, geriatric & medically compromised that were not receiving services before. Unfortunately Medicare & Medicaid will not pay for home based tele-med services yet so we are using Doxy with a foundation grant to publish the results & hopefully prove its value to the legislature. The only consistent issue we have had with Doxy is bandwidth. In some areas, the signal is weaker & we can't use Doxy. we switch to a HIPAA compliant version of Go To Meeting as a back up, which doesn't appear to use as much altho' it has limits Doxy does not have. If Doxy had a "low power" version that could be used in these areas.......................

Pros

clear sound & picture, 3 way calling, ability to have multiple staff using at the same time.

Cons

can't be used with average to weak signals.

Dylan from Metis Genetics

Doxy - A modern and secure alternative that everyone should be talking about

Development Team Daily Stand-Up Meetings!

Pros

Doxy is a great solution for video chats. I prefer Doxy over many of the "leading" industry rivals like Skype, Zoom, Hangouts, etc. because: a) HIPAA Compliant b) Entirely web-based c) Easy to use d) Waiting room with customization e) Great conversation starter anytime someone new joins a video chat with me

Cons

There are a few cons, but I do hope that these features will be developed overtime. I could be missing it, but I don't believe there is a way to record calls - or at least I haven't been able to in previous sessions. Additionally, some of my colleagues that join meetings have difficulty sharing their screen or requesting permission to. I also would not be opposed to a desktop application either. I think for users with premium accounts, more features can be packed into a desktop application built on electron while still allowing users without an account to easily join my meeting without downloading anything. This would help with settings being lost after clearing my browser cache (which I have clear every time I close the firefox app).

Reasons for Choosing Doxy.me

Please see the "Pros" section for listed reasons why

Reasons for Switching to Doxy.me

I enjoy the UI of doxy and the inherent security features over a larger organization like Google.

Wendy from Wendy K. Heckler LCSW PLLC

Industry: Mental Health Care

Easy to use, great price

Great experience, especially when I needed to get up and running with telehealth during the COVID -19 shutdown.

Pros

I upgraded from the free version to the Pro version. It is so convenient that I have the option to take payments on this platform. The video quality is reliable and the platform is easy to use for me and my clients. I appreciate that the option to have a BAA is available in the free version, and upgrade only costs me $29/mo. The other option in my field wants to charge $200/mo for a healthcare BAA. I value HIPAA compliance for my clients.

Cons

I wish I had the option to change / customize my background. I also wish I could send a link ahead of time through the app, like a scheduler or Calendar.

Reasons for Choosing Doxy.me

I started using doxy as a free user. I needed an option that was HIPAA compliant with a BAA, and Zoom was not offering a BAA. A colleague told me about Doxy.

Response from Doxy.me

Replied April 2020

Thank you for your review!

Valerie from LWC

Great Option for Solo Practice

Allows easy quick access to clients. Hospital visits have been avoided because a real-time encounter can happen for assessment versus directing clients to ER or Crisis clinic for evaluation. Fortunately where I practice (VA) has parity laws for telehealth so most insurance companies cover this service the same as an in-office visit.

Pros

This software has been a no cost option to provide online health care to client. It is easy to use. It allows my practice more flexibility while not raising over-head. Online support was good when needed.

Cons

Can be a little glitchy at times, but with multiple uses have learned that it is usually because the end-user doesn't have the processing power or strong wifi signal. When it lags and glitches, reloading sometimes fixes it.

Sharon from Self-employed

Industry: Mental Health Care

I use doxy.me to virtually supervise residents working to become licensed counselors.

The ability to use a free HIPAA compliant virtual website in my supervising residents working towards licensure as counselors because my state allows virtual Clinical Supervision.

Pros

I was happy to find out about doxy.me at an ethics conference for counselors because doxy.me will sign a BAA to maintain confidentiality, unlike Skype or FaceTime. That allows me to meet virtually with my residents and to discuss confidential client information. I also am very happy that doxy.me has a free version for someone like me who is retired and only needs a few hours a month of access to see my residents. It was extremely easy to start with doxy.me, easy to sign the BAA, and easy to use. It also allows a simple way of access for my residents to come into my "waiting room." Additionally there are very few glitches in using the software, i.e. the video and sound are almost always perfect. And customer support is always ready to help. I have recommended doxy.me multiple times to colleagues including adding the website information to a bi-monthly newsletter article I write for my local counselor association.

Cons

I truly can't think of anything I don't like!

Response from Doxy.me

Replied June 2018

Thank you for your review! We are so glad you find us easy to use and we fit your needs!

Alyssa from AATPC

Valuable Telehealth Tool

Solving the issue of telehealth use due to the pandemic. It'/s solved a lot of issues for my meetings with clients and staff as an admin!

Pros

This product was much more reasonable for the cost than others have been. We love the customizable waiting room feature because we can add photos from our ranch. I have had very few connectivity issues and I love that there's a waiting room that clients can log into anytime and must wait there until the therapist lets them in. The link is the same always, which always makes things so much easier for client use.

Cons

Other staff on our team have had issues with connectivity and client use, but this isn't something I've had personal issues with.

Reasons for Choosing Doxy.me

More cost effective and user friendly. Has had better connectivity than others we've tried as well.

Reasons for Switching to Doxy.me

More cost effective and use friendly. Has had better connectivity as well.

Craig from Craig Tucker, LCSW

Industry: Mental Health Care

Your product is simple and works well for video conferencing with patients

Secure HIPAA compliant video conferencing with a client

Pros

I like the fact that it is free because I only use the product now and then for particular clients. I think it is worth paying for given the issues I state below.

Cons

What is missing: 1. Online scheduling with: a. A waiting list option that will inform clients on the waiting list of openings on a nightly basis . b. Prepay requirement to schedule c. Recurring appointments with recurring invoicing (all are absolutely essential) 2. GPS location verification to assure: a. That the client/patient is contacting the clinician from within the geographical boundaries of the state(s) where licensed to practice. b. That the client/patient is contacting you from a location that is with in 15 miles of law enforcement and a hospital emergency room. Plus give me the phone numbers for emergency services in the area of the client. c. Provide me with the current address and phone number of the client. 3. A consent page prior to meeting in which the client/patient will verify that they are a. In a private and confidential location b. In a location that is free of any threat to your safety 3. (very nice and extremely useful) A WordPress plugin for the service 4. (nice but not necessary) Either an interface for coordination with popular EMR software like OpenEMR etc or a full functioning EMR that coordinates with the popular clearing houses like OfficeAlly. The first two items I have coded myself on my website and am using these applications now. The last Item I have also built into my website. It frustrates me that the telemental health options that are available do not offer items 1 and 2 given the laws around this product.

Response from Doxy.me

Replied June 2018

Thanks for the review! I'll pass your ideas to our development team!

Lee from Bardo Group

Encrypted Connection

I really like the site and use it almost every day for my work.

Pros

It's easy to use and clients have an easy time accessing my services. The site specializes in privacy and maintains the HIPPA regulations.

Cons

It's sometimes spotty in terms of freezing images or where image blurs out.

Reasons for Switching to Doxy.me

At the time Zoom did not provide enough privacy for HIPPA complience.

Katie from Mental Health

Functional Interface for Both Doctors and Patients

I've used multiple virtual health platforms and ways of connecting with patients through video and audio. Doxy.me has been the best and easiest one to use. Patients also like it.

Pros

I have been using Doxy.me since March 2020 due to COVID-19. I am a child and adolescent psychologist and I work with children, adolescents, and their parents. I have been successful using Doxy.me to meet continue meeting patient goals throughout the pandemic and beyond. I have resumed seeing patients in-person, but the platform continues to be useful for parents who have challenges obtaining child care for their appointments. The interface is very user friendly for both doctors and patients. Picture quality is mostly clear, depending on the internet connection on either side. Patients can easily log in to any device, including cell phones to meet with the doctor. It is HIPAA compliant!

Cons

I have one patient that I like to share my screen with and the free version does not offer screen share as an option. I purchased the professional version and have enjoyed using the screen share. My patient is 10 years old and she was able to figure out how to share her screen so that we could easily work together on her goals. The video quality sometimes suffers due to connectivity issues on either side of the connection.

Great HIPAA compliant option! User friendly on both ends.

Low cost, user-friendly, HIPAA compliant option

Pros

I love how easy it is for me to use as a clinician and clinical supervisor and how easy it is for my clients to use as well. There's no learning curve involved on the client side, as far as I have experienced so far. I utilize Doxy.me for clinical supervision and for therapy sessions with clients. Telehealth is a great option for people for a variety of reasons (transportation, location, family responsibilities, etc.). The video/call quality is fairly decent and stays connected about 90% of the time.

Cons

The video/call quality is pretty good, but calls have been dropped several times. I like having the "call test" option. Do clients have this also? I feel like maybe some of the call quality is affected by the user and not the platform. I have found myself looking at the subscription many times but always deciding that I just cannot justify the cost. Even the basic subscription is a little too high for me. I would hate to have to increase client fees because my overhead increased significantly.

Response from Doxy.me

Replied July 2018

Hi! Thank you so much for the feedback! As far as the call quality, have you checked in with our support team? We would be happy to schedule a test call to see why calls are being dropped. Clients can take the call test if they are in your waiting room. If you are interested in the paid version email support@doxy.me

Angela from Revolutionary Change Counseling

My Doxy.Me Experience

I have been using Doxy.me since the outbreak of COVID-19 this past March 2020. As a licensed mental health therapist, I had to quickly adapt to telehealth and technology. We are not almost 7 months in, and I noticed positive improvements with my calls. I sometimes experience audio or lagging issues, but not as much as since the start. I have also used the group calls and share screen features. For the group calls, not sure if it was Wifi connection on my patients' end but it was a little difficult to hear. The issue seemed to resolve better when headphones were used. Thank you Doxy.me for being a daily reliable method I can do therapy online!

Pros

The best feature of Doxy.Me is the single touch connectivity making it a seamless process. As a user, I like the quick and efficient way to send an email or text with the link to connect.

Cons

Patient queue can get distracting when you have someone logging in and out.

Sarah from Pacific NW Growth and Healing

Doxy.me Review

Pros

I love that it is free while still being a HIPPA compliant platform. It has let me grow my business and has helped mitigate the costs. I also like that the quality of the product is still very good.

Cons

I wish that the free version allowed me to give a unique password out, however this is available for a small fee if I wished to upgrade. Honestly though, I had to really search for this con. I have not been disappointed with this product

Reasons for Choosing Doxy.me

It was HIPPA compliant even in the free version and it was free!

Reasons for Switching to Doxy.me

I left a company, but I went with Doxy.me because it was HIPPA compliant without having to pay like I would have with Simple Practice or with Zoom.

Katie from Be balanced, pllc

Industry: Individual & Family Services

Simple, effective, professional

Doxy.me has allowed me to incorporate telehealth into my counseling practice. Living in a very rural state, this has been monumental in providing access to services for those who otherwise might have to go without as they are not in close proximity to a therapist. Even for my clients that live out in the country and might not have the best access to internet, doxy.me still seems to work with good connection and ease of use.

Pros

I love Doxy.me! I have started to see some of my clients via telehealth and doxy.me was the perfect way to get started. The platform is user friendly and I rarely run into problems with my clients not knowing how to connect. The userface is easy to navigate and the connection and function is effective and professional. I also love that there is a free version, which is great for providers who want to try it and see if it works for them.

Cons

No complaints!! I’ve honestly not had any complaints from myself or my clients. Would definitely recommend.

Response from Doxy.me

Replied February 2020

Hi Katie! Thanks so much for your review! Glad it's working so well for you!

Ronda from Wellness in You

NP Review of DoxyMe

It has helped me to restore my pre- Covid 19 patient visits per day.

Pros

The simplicity of use. Nothing for patients to download. All they need is an email.

Cons

Nothing so far.Love this APP! I have recommended it many times.

Reasons for Switching to Doxy.me

Zoom was hard for my elderly patients or those tech challenged patients to use.

Brian from Bellaire Neurology, PA

Doxy for a headache practice

I started to do virtual visits from the start of the pandemic but this is so easy I plan to continue for appropriate patients post pandemic as well.

Pros

The software is very easy for patients and supports a large range of clients. It includes screen share for PCs and Macs. I wish it included this for iPads and tablets as well. It has a patient waiting room and the fact that my staff can talk/video with the patient before and after I have completed my visit is super helpful. Patients are checked out just as if they are here except we use encrypted email to send them the paperwork. I have students and parents in different locations and we can have a visit together very easily.

Cons

They limited teleconsent forms to those with 20 or more providers? Why is that? I would love custom teleconsent forms and willing to pay for the privelege.

Reasons for Choosing Doxy.me

Price including clinic features was cheaper.

connie from Self Employed

does the job

except for connection problems which I believe are more an issue of bandwidth than a problem with Doxy, I have had a good experience overall

Pros

free option and easy to set up, simple for clients: it's important that their information is not recorded and that they not need to download anything on their device that the server is in Canada was an important consideration

Cons

I use the free version so don't feel I can fairly speak to this area

Response from Doxy.me

Replied April 2020

Thank you for your review!

Robert from Living Hope Counseling Service

Great for telehealth counseling services

Great

Pros

No extra software needed. Through most browsers so easily accessible.

Cons

Fortunately, there is literally nothing I do not like about Doxy.me. :)

Again, ease of use.

Reasons for Switching to Doxy.me

Easier interface and users only need to click on a link provided (no downloading by clients needed).

Cristina from Cristina Serrano, PhD

Industry: Mental Health Care

Great virtual therapy session software

My overall experience with Doxy.me has been positive. It has been a cost effective method to conduct virtual appointments with my clients. I have chosen this method over the other free platforms offered by other insurance companies or low cost (psychology today) bc it is user friendly I I trust that it is HIPPA compliant. It was recommended to by by an Employee Assistance Program (Lyra), therefore, I am confident that it is safe to use.

Pros

That it has been free. I also like that I can see people in the virtual waiting room and that if I have difficulties with video, I can chat with them.

Cons

I have had technical issues with the quality of the video session, frozen calls or poor image. Most of those are due to poor internet or poor connection in the part of the client. Ninety percent of the time it works great. In the 12 months that I have used program daily I have only had to schedule a face to facesessions due to technical difficulties with 2 clients.