Doxy.me Software Reviews

FrontRunners 2022

Find out more:

Review Highlights

Pros and Cons

• icon"They are able to simply log in and test the quality of their mic and video prior to appointment to ensure a quality and secure telehealth appointment."
  • icon"I love how they have a free option if you don’t use the products as often as others. I love that it’s so easy to send the link to your clients."
  • icon"The simplicity - it's great that the client does not need to download and install anything - not all clients are very computer savvy."
  • icon"Sometimes based on internet service providers, the service can be slow. But this is an outside problem."
  • icon"Sometimes the connection is bad but I don't think it's a software problem it's usually the person on the other end has bad internet."
  • icon"It can be buggy sometimes and suddenly stall or stop in the middle of a therapy session."

Have you used Doxy.me and would like to share your experience with others?

All Doxy.me Reviews

Cassandra

Company size: 2 - 10 employees

June 2022

No Downloading

Donna

November 2022

It saved me through the pandemic...

Pros

Doxy.me had to be HIPPA compliant in order for me to use it. In addition to that, I find the ease of use for the client to be critical to the success of telemedicine. I appreciate the active aspects of the video and audio. I also appreciate the behind the scenes aspects such as meeting history and the virtual waiting room. The meeting history keeps track of time in and time out of the session allowing me to double check the visit length of time for billing. The virtual waiting room provides the client with the ability to check their connection, tips on best connection, the ability to send a message to me, and receive my message in return, while they are waiting.During the pandemic Doxy.me increased their capacity to respond to the explosive need for telemedicine services. Despite their investment, they offer free access to their software that allows the user to perform telemedicine visits competently. They also have a paid subscription that offers more services.I don't know what I would have done without it through the pandemic.

Cons

At times the video or audio may be problemmatic. I believe when that occurs it is not related to the software, I believe it is due to internet issues for either the provider or the client. The camera is important for clarity of the video, and again that is not a software issue.I don't have a con about Doxy.me!

Paris

Industry: Mental Health Care

Can't get customer help to improve technical difficulties.

see above

Pros

It's easy to use. That's it at this time. nnnnnnnn

Cons

I have been getting a horrible connection since about mid month. It has interfered with my ability to connect with my clients. The video freezes, the audio and video fall out of sync. I have used the troubleshooting options in the articles by other users. I have tried using a new computer and even a different internet connection. I am very disappointed because I have been paying for this monthly for well over a year and have been able to use it with no problems on a less frequent basis. Now that I need to use it daily because of the COVID - 19 Crisis, it is not working well. I cannot schedule a call for support because there are no spaces available. I have not been able to get any help. I am at the point of cancelling my service and trying something new as it is imperative that I am able to video conference with my clients. I am really hoping to get some help and support.

Response from Doxy.me

I am so sorry for the trouble! We are currently doing over 10 million video minutes a day right now. I'm not sure why it won't work for you. We are happy to help troubleshoot. Email support@doxy.me. We also have a very generous refund policy and will refund your payment if you are not satisfied.

Replied March 2020

Karen

September 2022

Lovin Doxy

I've never had issues with clients not being able to log in and have a session because of difficulties. So simple to use - no links needing to be sent (unless you want to). No app for client to download - can easily use on any device.

Pros

I love that there is no app to download first. Clients can access my waiting room from any device they want and it can be on the fly. I am now only using Doxy when clients can't meet in person so being able to use any device they have on hand is extremely helpful on their end.

Cons

There is nothing about Doxy that I have not liked.

Reasons for choosing Doxy.me

No app needed for the client to download so they can use whatever device they have available at the time (phone, tablet, computer, etc)

Kyle

Social-Forward Healthcare

I have had VERY few hiccups with quality, connectivity, and other technical issues, but they appeared to be concentrated around the time a major overhaul of the aesthetics and features was taking place. I love it, my patients love it, and my staff love it. We have attempted other programs with "better" functions, but those fell with empty promises and the "added functionality" was marketed to make work flow simpler, but they were just so much more confusing than Doxy. We are really please with Doxy, and don't foresee a change in any near future.

Pros

I love the simplicity for patients to be able to access my virtual waiting room from anywhere. The features, as needed, is a great functional option; we're a nonprofit clinic and don't need all the features every day and don't need the cost to branch over every day. So, having the option to have them for a particular day is best for growth for any sized company and in any direction. Several other products were charging upwards of $300 per month when it was just me trying to reach patients in rural farming communities to prevent 3 hour travel times to get to the office. Doxy saved the day. Tele-health should be for ALL, not only those willing to pay the cost for convenience.

Cons

Not much; I do wish the app was still around. That made it easier for Providers on tablets, and notification when the Patient is in while multitasking.

Response from Doxy.me

Hi Kyle! Thanks so much for the review! We are so glad doxy.me is fitting your needs. We also believe telemedicine should be for all!

Replied April 2019

Susan

November 2022

Affordable, confidential, & easy to use.

Doxy.me is available to me at any time. Although I see very few clients via telehealth, it is available when I need it.

Pros

March 2020, the beginning of Covid shutdown, I was unable to continue seeing established clients face to face in my office. The Doxy.me was simple to download and use immediately. Working from home was made possible only because of Doxy.me.

Cons

The only problems with Doxy.me was at the update to professional services. Doxy.me advertisements kept popping up as I signed into my virtual office. These pop-up ads would block me from inviting my client into the office from my waiting room. A Doxy.me customer service person (her) assisted me in stopping the intrusive ads.

Reasons for choosing Doxy.me

At the time I needed it, Doxy.me was free, and easy to install. When I became familiar with the concept of telehealth, I signed up for the professional product and was able to incorporate conferences with a variety of clients & professionals.

Debbie

October 2022

Recommended for all private pratitioners...it is worth the very small cost of $35/month

I have really liked it. I would like to start paying annually, but don't know how to switch from just paying every months.

Pros

I like that it is secure and encrypted. I love that there is the option for secure video or secure audio for those who don't have smartphones or computers. I have needed the ability to securely download results to my patients, so this is an important feature. I love that patients can pay me by credit card or hsa before the visit even starts and the money goes directly into my corporate checking account in 1-2 days. Occasionally I wait and charge them during the visit or at the end of the visit. The advantage to having them pay before the visit is that you don't forget to collect the money! the invites are easy to send...I invite all patients via both phone and email unless they don't have an email.

Cons

There are times when it freezes, though it can be re-set pretty easily.Also, I find it freezes most often if they are using tablets instead of a computer or smartphone.

Esperanza

October 2022

Great platform

Great experience

Pros

Easy to use. can be confidant it is HIPAA compliant. Easy for the clients to use as well

Cons

started using at the on set of COVID. Inititally was overwhelming and had difficulty bc of the high traffic. Since then traffic has lowered and its great

Peter

Easy, intuitive, professional

Consistently works.

Pros

Very easy and intuitive for patients to use, and patients do not have to create an account to access the app.

Cons

The voice and video are not always synched.

More professional looking.

Angela

Great Tool

It has been an amazing tool to use that has kept me in business during the pandemic and offered options to my clients.

Pros

I really like that it is reliable and easy to use

Cons

I only use the telehealth portion and all of that is great!

Cori

Best Medical Practice Assistant

Providing excellent, HIPAA compliant telemedicine is a must for our practice. Being able to meet patients where they are at, instead of having them wait, take time away from work or family, and make sure their healthcare needs are met is the number 1 reason we use this program in our practice. It is an excellent program.

Pros

I love the ease of use. I like that there is nothing to download for the patient or provider. Everything is cloud based. Can be used on any device with a camera and internet access.

Reasons for choosing Doxy.me

The free version was excellent. The $29.99 a month option even more spectacular! And the ease of use! Login and go! Same with a patient. Very easy to use, every easy to explain.

Reasons for switching to Doxy.me

AdvancedMD utilized the ZOOM platform. This required several steps before seeing a patient. And required the patient to download software and to make sure everything was updated. This could delay the appointment time by 30-45 minutes if there were download or updating problems. Doxy, also had a free version, which was excellent!

Response from Doxy.me

Thanks for the review Cori!

Replied February 2020

Lynn

Psychologist-Very Happy with Doxy.me for Teletherapy

I wouldn't have had a teletherapy practice as early as I did without a reliable HIPAA-compliant teleconferencing service like Doxy.me. I realize that there are others out there now, but Doxy.me was one of the firsts. I was up and running Day 1 of the shut down.

Pros

Biggest thing! Doxy.me gives you the same dedicated link for your patients to click EVERYTIME, NO passwords , NO user ID's! Patients, like the rest of us, forget things all the time, and I am always resending info. However, after one or two Doxy.me sessions, No one ever has trouble logging in. I get so angry now when MY providers try to give a 17-step map to log onto their sessions! Also, I kid you not, that Doxy.me takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'! Some days I'm on Doxy.me straight for up to 5 hours (I only do teletherapy) and it just keeps running smoothly.

Cons

Especially early on, calls would drop or not even start until I logged on multiple times. That is very rare now (haven't had a problem in months). Credit Doxy.me. They always want to know if you have trouble and overtime the product gets more robust.

Reasons for choosing Doxy.me

Because Zoom, at the time (to my knowledge), did not have a HIPAA-compliant product.

Alice

Doc See Me Lives Up to Its Mission Statement

I have been VERY happy with Doxy.me, overall. I truly appreciate that their goal of increasing telehealth access means that solo practitioners like me can use the software for free. Connectivity issues happen with different platforms on different days, and the free account allows me to have a Plan B when my EHR's video function fails.

Pros

I started using doxy.me in late February, 2020, when an immunocompromised patient requested video sessions to limit their exposure to COVID-19. I found it very easy to use, greatly appreciated the ease with which I got a Business Associate Agreement, and I like that it shows how much time has elapsed in each session. My patients have also found it to be easier to use than my EHR's video function. Also, it keeps a record of the start and stop times of all my sessions, which makes it easier to get the times right on my progress notes.

Cons

There's nothing that jumps out at me as an issue, honestly.

Reasons for choosing Doxy.me

For my small practice, it is free. I ultimately signed up for Counsol.com's video, too, in mid-March, 2020, because I rapidly learned that connectivity was not always possible (which I chalked up to getting what I paid for - LOL) and I wanted access to another HIPAA-compliant option. I continue to use Doxy.me the most, however, because I prefer its "stopwatch" feature and my patients find it so easy to use - no username, no password, just type in the URL and we're off.

Response from Doxy.me

Thanks so much for your review Alice! If you ever have connectivity issues, please don't hesitate to get in touch with us! support@doxy.me

Replied June 2020

Brittany

Great telehealth software!

Pros

Doxy.me is very easy to use! I love that my clients do not have to download or pay for anything, they just use the link to my virtual therapy room. This gives them ease of access and has made the process of switching to telehealth more smooth!

Cons

There are times where the video quality of doxy.me is poor, becomes pixelated, and requires me and/or my client to refresh the webpage and re-enter the video call. This doesn't happen often though.

Reasons for switching to Doxy.me

I made the switch because doxy.me is free and VSee limited the number of free sessions I could have per month.

Peter

Essential Business tool

Seamless transition: working from the comfort of my office to moving my practice online. Doxy Offers the security that is mandatory for my work.

Pros

User friendly, secure, affordable, I appreciate that I can purchase some features on a need to use basis/ monthly

Cons

I would appreciate a more affordable rate to upgrades. ie: more than one participant, But i do appreciate that I can purchase features at a monthly rate with out having to buy in for an annual fee

Cost

Security

Robin

Industry: Mental Health Care

Free, confidential, easy to use

I'm a mental health counselor who had to suddenly figure out how to provide telehealth sessions in a HIPAA compliant way once COVID 19 hit. A colleague & my boss recommended Doxy.me as free, easy to use, & HIPAA compliant. It has proven to be all 3. Initially I had some extremely frustrating experiences trying to get my bluetooth to work with it, but once I figured that out it's been pretty smooth. I'm glad it's been smooth, because customer service seems to only consist of their user issues library. I don't know how to get a hold of an actual person for support. It appears that must be a premium/paid feature.

Pros

I like that there is a waiting room where more than 1 client can be waiting w/o any overlap or breach of confidentiality. The software is very easy to use for both me & my clients- no downloading a specific app- just go to a website. We use the same link every time, so there's no last minute prep needed, or changes each time that I or the client have to keep track of. They have clearly worked very hard once COVID hit to improve the system, work out bugs, & address issues. I rarely have an issue anymore.

Cons

Human support (beyond the problems library online) seems to be a paid/premium thing- I can't seem to access it as a free user. There were some frustrating bugs 3 months ago, but they've clearly worked very hard to get the kinks out & it is now a very smooth process nearly every time.

Doxy is HIPAA compliant