• Pros

• "I really like this software and my clients love it too. It is secure and easy to use. Great quality performance. Client love that they don't need to have an account "

• "This product is very easy to use for both my staff and clientele. "

• "It is very convenient to use. My patients have never had a problem logging in with the url etc. I really like the fact that I can use my computer or my cell phone. "

• Cons

• "the free version doesn't give any direct customer support but able to email concerns and receive relatively rapid responses"

• "At times there are picture or sound issues, but the majority of the time it works well."

• "Connecting to patients in rural areas is difficult, something the video works but we cannot connect audio"

Browse Doxy.me Reviews

Sandy from Sandra J. Brim, Ph.D.

Industry: Mental Health Care

Online therapy made simple.

I moved from one state to another. I am licensed in both states. Many of my former patients wanted to continue working with me. This allows me to make money from a distance.

Pros

I like the ease in which I can meet with my patients and even friends. Once I have created my account, no one has to sign up for anything. I can be assured of confidentiality. Once my patients have tried it, they love it. Even those who live near by sometimes prefer to see me online to avoid the drive. Overall I am very satisfied with this site.

Cons

The only negative thing is it is imperative that one's internet support is strong to avoid the glitches that occur sometimes. Usually just rebooting helps both of us.

Response from Doxy.me

Replied March 2019

Thanks for your review! Glad you could "take" patients with you when you moved!

Dan from Self-employed Private Practice

Industry: Mental Health Care

Outstanding Product - Someday an Industry Standard?

I initially started using doxy to cut down on missed appointments due to illness or conflicts. Doxy allowed me to engage in "telehealth" on those occasions when a client would otherwise have to "late cancel," thus leaving me with the option of charging them for it (not good from a customer relations standpoint) or eating it. Then, when the coronavirus emergency hit, I was able to transition easily to all telehealth, thus keeping myself and my clients safe. Yay!

Pros

I wanted a platform that was secure for my clients. What most attracted me to doxy vs. other secure platforms (or other platforms in general) was the fact that my users (clients) didn't have to download anything, just click on a link. In a former life, I used to design and develop computer application systems and I really like the "feel" of doxy, it's usability for me and my clients, plus my modest exposure to their tech support has been quick and useful. All of this allowed me to transition quickly into the "telehealth" arena very quickly, which I appreciated during the coronavirus outbreak emergency.

Cons

It's hard to respond as there are so many positives. If at all possible, it would be nice to have additional ways to troubleshoot connectivity or video/audio quality issues in real-time. For example, real-time advice for the user as to what to do to correct things on their side. I know a lot of this is in the available articles, but it's hard to go searching through articles when you're trying to quickly get things going during a "meeting." Maybe I'm asking for an "artificial intelligence" solution that's not feasible?

Reasons for Choosing Doxy.me

HIPAA-compliance, no need for a download, and relatively inexpensive (I use the Professional version).

Response from Doxy.me

Replied April 2020

Thank you for your review! Glad you were able to transition everyone to online appointments!

Sonya from Psychotherapist

Industry: Mental Health Care

Used Doxy successfully for about 6 mths, and now it is freezing constantly during sessions

It was working really well for client appointments (which I do a lot of using tele conferencing systems) but has become extremely unreliable in the last month. I did recommend it to one colleague who is having similar issues

Pros

In the past I would have said easy to use and reliable ..

Cons

I have tried every possible combination to have the highest speed possible, and my clients have high speed service, but Doxy is constantly freezing up during sessions. I used to have excellent service with Doxy and I'm wondering why it has changed. When I do Doxy's diagnostic service it says everything is "excellent", but I can tell you it is not!I have already paid for the service for the year, but I'm considering switching. I received an email from the CEO of Doxy a month or so ago saying he was leaving and i am wondering if things have changed and the service isn't what it used to be?

Response from Doxy.me

Replied September 2017

Hi Sonya, I'm sorry for the trouble. We haven't changed anything in the past couple months in regards to the quality of our service. I'd be happy to jump on a call with you and see what might be going on. Sometimes even things like not having a recent software update installed can have negative effects on performance - so I'm confident we could get it worked out. We also have a satisfaction guarantee so we will refund you for any unused time on your yearly plan if we are not able to come up with a solution for you. I sent you a email as well so we can setup a time to troubleshoot. Thank you, Dylan Turner dylan@doxy.me CTO and Cofounder

Cori from Entrusted Care

Best Medical Practice Assistant

Providing excellent, HIPAA compliant telemedicine is a must for our practice. Being able to meet patients where they are at, instead of having them wait, take time away from work or family, and make sure their healthcare needs are met is the number 1 reason we use this program in our practice. It is an excellent program.

Pros

I love the ease of use. I like that there is nothing to download for the patient or provider. Everything is cloud based. Can be used on any device with a camera and internet access.

Cons

Sometimes based on internet service providers, the service can be slow. But this is an outside problem.

Reasons for Choosing Doxy.me

The free version was excellent. The $29.99 a month option even more spectacular! And the ease of use! Login and go! Same with a patient. Very easy to use, every easy to explain.

Response from Doxy.me

Replied February 2020

Thanks for the review Cori!

Heidi from Institute for Cognitive Therapy

Industry: Mental Health Care

Awesome platform for individual or couple's counseling

Simple to use, even for the most computer-challenged!

Pros

This product is very easy to use for both my staff and clientele.

Cons

My only complaint is that it really doesn't work well for groups larger than 4, which Doxy tells you. During the pandemic we have needed to run group therapy online, and sadly had to access another platform for that.

price convenience of use

Response from Doxy.me

Replied May 2020

Hi! We did make an improvement to group calling last week. Have you tested it out since then? Also, I would confirm that all participants on group call have speeds of 10mbps or higher. Group calling does take more bandwidth then a 1-to-1 call. https://discuss.doxy.me/t/weekly-product-update-big-improvements-to-group-call-feature-and-more-may-1-2020/26055

Gabriela from Medical Practice

excellent for what it says it does!

Excellent for telepsych. It makes the whole concept approachable to both patient and clinician. The only downfall is unrelated to Doxy.me, which is the internet speed.

Pros

Love the ease of use, my elderly patients do not have to struggle to download a software etc

Cons

Can you bring scheduling capability, please

Response from Doxy.me

Replied March 2020

Thanks for the review Gabriela!

Wendy from Wendy K. Heckler LCSW PLLC

Industry: Mental Health Care

Easy to use, great price

Great experience, especially when I needed to get up and running with telehealth during the COVID -19 shutdown.

Pros

I upgraded from the free version to the Pro version. It is so convenient that I have the option to take payments on this platform. The video quality is reliable and the platform is easy to use for me and my clients. I appreciate that the option to have a BAA is available in the free version, and upgrade only costs me $29/mo. The other option in my field wants to charge $200/mo for a healthcare BAA. I value HIPAA compliance for my clients.

Cons

I wish I had the option to change / customize my background. I also wish I could send a link ahead of time through the app, like a scheduler or Calendar.

Reasons for Choosing Doxy.me

I started using doxy as a free user. I needed an option that was HIPAA compliant with a BAA, and Zoom was not offering a BAA. A colleague told me about Doxy.

Response from Doxy.me

Replied April 2020

Sarah from Blake Psychotherapy & Associates

Great for telementalhealth

The program is HIPPA compliant, I can use it with very minimal issues, and I think it is a good platform.

Pros

The software is easy to use - both myself and my clients, it works well 85% of the time, and the other 15% it either improves while on the call or at worst, we still have audio. This is generally with clients who have tried to do sessions from their vehicles.

Cons

In a previous program, I liked that clients could leave me text messages via the portal. While this is a viable option while on with a client, I have not seen a way to do this with clients not on the portal.

Response from Doxy.me

Replied August 2019

Thanks for your review!

Alisa from Phoenix Tech Gurus

"Life saver" HIPAA compliant telemedicine solution

I support a medium-sized primary care medical practice. They need to implement telemedicine almost immediately in light of this Corona Virus crisis. I was able to create an account and send out a request that was received by another device that I have, and within minutes was able to have a live videocall between the two. The graphics were fine, the audio was fine, very little lag. The upgraded version allows for file transfer, which would be better than sending files via email for security reasons. Please be aware that the provider will need to use a device with a Chrome browser. When I tested using it as the provider from a Chrome browser from my Android tablet, it did not work -- I have tested it primarily from a Windows 10 laptop, Chrome browser. I have tested this with a gentleman in his 50s who was easily able to receive the invitation and get access to it from his Android smartphone. I have tested it with Android devices and Windows 10 laptops. Will be testing with an iPad later today. I was very pleased that this was a workable, simple, scalable solution that my medical office client will be able to implement almost immediately, with no up front cost unless they want the upgraded features. The basic functionality is phenomenal, especially considering the medical crisis that we are in. Thank you for this doxy.me

Pros

Patients do not need to create an account, and are able to access from popular browsers, such as Chrome, Firefox, and Safari, from any device.

Cons

Well, patients still have to allow access for the browser to use the camera and microphone. And the email link will open in whichever internet browser is default, and not all patients know how to call up a link in the correct browser. This is difficult sometimes for people who have very few tech skills. However, these problems would exist currently with almost ANY telemedicine solution, as they have more to do with the permissions on the devices being used by the patients rather than relating to doxy.me specifically. Also, they advertised that there was a 30-day "free trial" for the upgraded version, but once I signed up, the upgraded version was only available by paying for it -- however, the fee was very reasonable.

Reasons for Choosing Doxy.me

Universal compatibility. Most people already have a laptop or Android device or Apple device with Chrome, Firefox, or Safari already installed. Many users already know how to set the needed permissions, or can be eaily walked through it. We needed a solution that staff members would become easily familiarized with. This does the trick!

Response from Doxy.me

Replied April 2020

Doxy.me

Overall, I have liked using Doxy.me. I've recommended it to colleagues on a number of occasions.

Pros

For my practice, I have used Doxy.me for quite some time. I feel secure when meeting with clients and it is simple enough for clients to sign on. I like the waiting room option and the ability to chat with clients when they are waiting for me. Quality has been okay. I've had some issues, but nothing to make me want to change service. I use doxy.me specifically for teletherapy. My clients are able to sign on from their phones, computers and tablets.

Cons

I use the free version of Doxy.me so this may be a feature not offered because of that, but allowing multiple people into a session that are not in the same space would be something I'd like to have the ability to do. I do couples therapy and family sessions. I prefer for couples to be in the same space, but for family sessions, the capability to have multiple people sign on would be great. Again, this may be a feature offered for the paid version and something I would consider if needed.

Response from Doxy.me

Replied May 2020

Thanks so much for the review! We do have group calling available on our premium plans! If you only need it once in awhile you can sign up for a 24 hour day pass for $10 and will have access to all of our pro features.

Kyle from Triple Willow Mental Health, Inc.

Social-Forward Healthcare

I have had VERY few hiccups with quality, connectivity, and other technical issues, but they appeared to be concentrated around the time a major overhaul of the aesthetics and features was taking place. I love it, my patients love it, and my staff love it. We have attempted other programs with "better" functions, but those fell with empty promises and the "added functionality" was marketed to make work flow simpler, but they were just so much more confusing than Doxy. We are really please with Doxy, and don't foresee a change in any near future.

Pros

I love the simplicity for patients to be able to access my virtual waiting room from anywhere. The features, as needed, is a great functional option; we're a nonprofit clinic and don't need all the features every day and don't need the cost to branch over every day. So, having the option to have them for a particular day is best for growth for any sized company and in any direction. Several other products were charging upwards of $300 per month when it was just me trying to reach patients in rural farming communities to prevent 3 hour travel times to get to the office. Doxy saved the day. Tele-health should be for ALL, not only those willing to pay the cost for convenience.

Cons

Not much; I do wish the app was still around. That made it easier for Providers on tablets, and notification when the Patient is in while multitasking.

Response from Doxy.me

Replied April 2019

Hi Kyle! Thanks so much for the review! We are so glad doxy.me is fitting your needs. We also believe telemedicine should be for all!

Alice from Dr. Samantha Dreyer, Psychologist

Doc See Me Lives Up to Its Mission Statement

I have been VERY happy with Doxy.me, overall. I truly appreciate that their goal of increasing telehealth access means that solo practitioners like me can use the software for free. Connectivity issues happen with different platforms on different days, and the free account allows me to have a Plan B when my EHR's video function fails.

Pros

I started using doxy.me in late February, 2020, when an immunocompromised patient requested video sessions to limit their exposure to COVID-19. I found it very easy to use, greatly appreciated the ease with which I got a Business Associate Agreement, and I like that it shows how much time has elapsed in each session. My patients have also found it to be easier to use than my EHR's video function. Also, it keeps a record of the start and stop times of all my sessions, which makes it easier to get the times right on my progress notes.

Cons

There's nothing that jumps out at me as an issue, honestly.

Reasons for Choosing Doxy.me

For my small practice, it is free. I ultimately signed up for Counsol.com's video, too, in mid-March, 2020, because I rapidly learned that connectivity was not always possible (which I chalked up to getting what I paid for - LOL) and I wanted access to another HIPAA-compliant option. I continue to use Doxy.me the most, however, because I prefer its "stopwatch" feature and my patients find it so easy to use - no username, no password, just type in the URL and we're off.

Response from Doxy.me

Replied June 2020

Thanks so much for your review Alice! If you ever have connectivity issues, please don't hesitate to get in touch with us! support@doxy.me

Noreen from NEEA

Best Ever

I have been using Doxy.me for almost a year now. Since signing up I have received nothing but praise from my clients who use it. When doing therapy over the internet it is important to have a product that is not only HIPPA compliant but also Secure.

Pros

A colleague recommended this product to me and I have been using it ever since. I love the feature of having a virtual waiting room for my clients. I am notified promptly when they have entered the "waiting room". I can share the screen with my clients while working on a treatment plan or homework. I can use it on my computer, my phone or my tablet and so can they. IT is the best HIPPA compliant app I have found.

Cons

I have not had any issues related to this software. Most of the time the issues I have are with WIFI or other connectivity issue not related to this product.

Response from Doxy.me

Replied January 2020

Hi Noreen! Thanks so much for the review! We are glad you and your patients are enjoying the platform!

Robin from New Foundation Inner Health

Industry: Mental Health Care

Excellent app for my practice

excellent; especially during this period of Coronavirus and need to change my care to online. I've used Doxy.me pretty much since its inception many years ago and have alway liked the program. As a result, I've told many colleagues about it and as a result several large clinics in the Portland Metro area use it.

Pros

aside from the fact that it's free, it is very easy for my providers and patients to use. they don't need to download anything and access my virtual waiting room directly from the URL.

Cons

Response from Doxy.me

Replied April 2020

Thanks for telling other providers about doxy.me!!

Pamela from Pamela Eaken, LMFT, Private Practice

Why I like Doxy.me

Well, I do video conferencing with my therapy clients. I was living in the Bay Area, and have since moved to a more rural area. But several of my clients wanted to continue therapy, and this has been great for us. In addition, the rural area I'm in has a lot of people in mountainous regions around me where there are few mental health care services; so, they are able to have therapy services through video. It's pretty awesome. Doxy.me has helped make that possible.

Pros

I like the ease of use mostly. I don't do a lot of fancy things. I just connect to clients, and we talk. Client can talk to me from any browser on any device, so it's portable. They just need access to the internet. I've never had a problem with the connection being too slow or dropping because of Doxy. Comcast, however, is another story...:-)

Cons

I honestly can't think of anything. If I had something to say about this, I certainly would, but I don't. :-)

Reasons for Choosing Doxy.me

It was less complicated, and at the time I started using it, it was free. I pay a bit now for more features, but it's still affordable.

Response from Doxy.me

Replied September 2019

Thanks for the great review! We are so glad you can keep seeing patients after you have moved!

Michelle from Pacific Mental Wellness

Easy to use.

Videoconferencing with clients.

Pros

Hipaa compliant. Free option, some paid features. No software required- runs on internet browser. Good mobile app. No log-in code required for each session . Clients don't have to register. Clients can log into the "waiting room" at any time. Custom virtual waiting room. You can message clients in the system.

Cons

Only runs on certain internet browsers. If I open another program (Skype, Facetime), I generally have to reboot my computer for Doxy to recognize my microphone again. Video and audio quality varies - often freezes up. Freezing up may be in part due to either my internet speed or the client's internet speed, so I am not sure how they could fix this. They do offer different quality levels (to match the internet speed) however on the paid version.

Response from Doxy.me

Replied June 2018

Thank you for your review! Have you ever taken our diagnostic tests for freezing video? You can find a link at help.doxy.me! Doxy.me works on Safari, Chrome, and Firefox.

Earta from Earta Norwood, LLC

Industry: Mental Health Care

The best platform I've tried!

I started to consistently work with clients that need video therapy in 2016. I tried all the platforms that were out at the time. I narrowed it down to two that I used consistently for 3-5 months, and finally decided on Doxy. Have not regretted my decision. I still occasionally use the other services and Doxy still remains my favorite.

Pros

The connection is reliable & customer service is responsive. I was most impressed with their last round of improvements/added features--it closely matched the list generated by the providers (even minor improvements that didn't get many upvotes) and it showed that the developing team was actually paying attention. I like that I have my virtual waiting room that I can customize.

Cons

There are times when I need to refresh the connection. The last time that I needed to do that several times during the week was many months ago and coincided with the most recent updates.

Response from Doxy.me

Replied October 2019

Thanks for your review Earta!

Liza from Marriage and Family Therapy Services

Thank you Doxy.me!

Pros

The fact that you provide a FREE HIPAA compliant platform for small counseling practices is phenomenal. I've been using it since before the COVID-19 crisis, and it was always good, but got MUCH BETTER afetr the latest software update.

Cons

Not being able to do conference calling on the free platform. I have to siwtch to FreeConferenceCall.com when my clients are in 2 spearate places.

Response from Doxy.me

Replied April 2020

Thank you for your review! Our professional plan is only $35 a month which includes group calling. You can also do a day pass for $10 if you just need to use group calling occasionally.

Ed from Wayne State University Physician Group

1st time review

We are a university based, urban psychiatry dept with the largest psych residency in the midwest. we have been using tel-psych services for ER, inpt., outpt & home based services. It has expanded the reach of the psychiatrists tremendously. The average age of a psychiatrist now is 62 y.o. The residents are learning from this experience & it has allowed us to reach the developmentally disabled, geriatric & medically compromised that were not receiving services before. Unfortunately Medicare & Medicaid will not pay for home based tele-med services yet so we are using Doxy with a foundation grant to publish the results & hopefully prove its value to the legislature. The only consistent issue we have had with Doxy is bandwidth. In some areas, the signal is weaker & we can't use Doxy. we switch to a HIPAA compliant version of Go To Meeting as a back up, which doesn't appear to use as much altho' it has limits Doxy does not have. If Doxy had a "low power" version that could be used in these areas.......................

Pros

clear sound & picture, 3 way calling, ability to have multiple staff using at the same time.

Cons

can't be used with average to weak signals.

Amber from Integrated Wellness and Strategies, LLC

A Wonderful Product

My overall experience with Doxy.me is that it has been an exceptionally positive experience using product.

Pros

I am a mental health practitioner who has been using Doxy.me for Teletherapy for over two years. I use Doxy.me nearly every day and love it because it is very simple and easy to use for both me and my clients, it is free, it is HIPAA compliant, and on the rare occasions I need customer support - it is readily available and professional. I can't think of anything I don't like about it!

Cons

I can't think of anything I would improve about this product for my purpose - which is Teletherapy.

Sharon from Self-employed

Industry: Mental Health Care

I use doxy.me to virtually supervise residents working to become licensed counselors.

The ability to use a free HIPAA compliant virtual website in my supervising residents working towards licensure as counselors because my state allows virtual Clinical Supervision.

Pros

I was happy to find out about doxy.me at an ethics conference for counselors because doxy.me will sign a BAA to maintain confidentiality, unlike Skype or FaceTime. That allows me to meet virtually with my residents and to discuss confidential client information. I also am very happy that doxy.me has a free version for someone like me who is retired and only needs a few hours a month of access to see my residents. It was extremely easy to start with doxy.me, easy to sign the BAA, and easy to use. It also allows a simple way of access for my residents to come into my "waiting room." Additionally there are very few glitches in using the software, i.e. the video and sound are almost always perfect. And customer support is always ready to help. I have recommended doxy.me multiple times to colleagues including adding the website information to a bi-monthly newsletter article I write for my local counselor association.

Cons

I truly can't think of anything I don't like!

Response from Doxy.me

Replied June 2018

Thank you for your review! We are so glad you find us easy to use and we fit your needs!

Craig from Craig Tucker, LCSW

Industry: Mental Health Care

Your product is simple and works well for video conferencing with patients

Secure HIPAA compliant video conferencing with a client

Pros

I like the fact that it is free because I only use the product now and then for particular clients. I think it is worth paying for given the issues I state below.

Cons

What is missing: 1. Online scheduling with: a. A waiting list option that will inform clients on the waiting list of openings on a nightly basis . b. Prepay requirement to schedule c. Recurring appointments with recurring invoicing (all are absolutely essential) 2. GPS location verification to assure: a. That the client/patient is contacting the clinician from within the geographical boundaries of the state(s) where licensed to practice. b. That the client/patient is contacting you from a location that is with in 15 miles of law enforcement and a hospital emergency room. Plus give me the phone numbers for emergency services in the area of the client. c. Provide me with the current address and phone number of the client. 3. A consent page prior to meeting in which the client/patient will verify that they are a. In a private and confidential location b. In a location that is free of any threat to your safety 3. (very nice and extremely useful) A WordPress plugin for the service 4. (nice but not necessary) Either an interface for coordination with popular EMR software like OpenEMR etc or a full functioning EMR that coordinates with the popular clearing houses like OfficeAlly. The first two items I have coded myself on my website and am using these applications now. The last Item I have also built into my website. It frustrates me that the telemental health options that are available do not offer items 1 and 2 given the laws around this product.

Response from Doxy.me

Replied June 2018

Thanks for the review! I'll pass your ideas to our development team!

Great HIPAA compliant option! User friendly on both ends.

Low cost, user-friendly, HIPAA compliant option

Pros

I love how easy it is for me to use as a clinician and clinical supervisor and how easy it is for my clients to use as well. There's no learning curve involved on the client side, as far as I have experienced so far. I utilize Doxy.me for clinical supervision and for therapy sessions with clients. Telehealth is a great option for people for a variety of reasons (transportation, location, family responsibilities, etc.). The video/call quality is fairly decent and stays connected about 90% of the time.

Cons

The video/call quality is pretty good, but calls have been dropped several times. I like having the "call test" option. Do clients have this also? I feel like maybe some of the call quality is affected by the user and not the platform. I have found myself looking at the subscription many times but always deciding that I just cannot justify the cost. Even the basic subscription is a little too high for me. I would hate to have to increase client fees because my overhead increased significantly.

Response from Doxy.me

Replied July 2018

Hi! Thank you so much for the feedback! As far as the call quality, have you checked in with our support team? We would be happy to schedule a test call to see why calls are being dropped. Clients can take the call test if they are in your waiting room. If you are interested in the paid version email support@doxy.me

Katie from Be balanced, pllc

Industry: Individual & Family Services

Simple, effective, professional

Doxy.me has allowed me to incorporate telehealth into my counseling practice. Living in a very rural state, this has been monumental in providing access to services for those who otherwise might have to go without as they are not in close proximity to a therapist. Even for my clients that live out in the country and might not have the best access to internet, doxy.me still seems to work with good connection and ease of use.

Pros

I love Doxy.me! I have started to see some of my clients via telehealth and doxy.me was the perfect way to get started. The platform is user friendly and I rarely run into problems with my clients not knowing how to connect. The userface is easy to navigate and the connection and function is effective and professional. I also love that there is a free version, which is great for providers who want to try it and see if it works for them.

Cons

No complaints!! I’ve honestly not had any complaints from myself or my clients. Would definitely recommend.

Response from Doxy.me

Replied February 2020

Hi Katie! Thanks so much for your review! Glad it's working so well for you!

Lorna from Integrative Mental Health, LLC

I like that it is so easy to use for me & my clients, and nothing for them to download on their end.

The ability to start an on-line practice for those with alcohol use disorder. Most people are very ashamed of the state they are in, and somehow not having to go to an office and confess their state is helpful to them.

Pros

Easy to use, nothing to download on the client's end. Client's are often at work, so can't use the office computers. Most of my clients go out to their cars for the appointment. Generally very reliable if the client has good cell service. I have the free version, so I can't comment on the usability of the other options. I like that it is free, and HIPPA compliant. I looked at a lot of different programs when I started and funds were tight.

Cons

Most of my people have iphones, so the app is great. I wish their was an app for those people using Android phones, as it is a little clunkier going onto the doxy.me website and in through that way.

Response from Doxy.me

Replied June 2018

Thank you for your review! iPhone users can use Safari browser.

connie from Self Employed

does the job

except for connection problems which I believe are more an issue of bandwidth than a problem with Doxy, I have had a good experience overall

Pros

free option and easy to set up, simple for clients: it's important that their information is not recorded and that they not need to download anything on their device that the server is in Canada was an important consideration

Cons

I use the free version so don't feel I can fairly speak to this area

Response from Doxy.me

Replied April 2020

JOhn from Owner, Agape Counseling, PLLC

DOXY.ME for the win

I use Doxy for my waiting room needs and virtual office. My clients find it easy to access and has traveled with me well throughout North and Central American journeys (it doesn't require a giant Internet signal).

Pros

Doxy.me is an easy to use, HIPPA compliant (with BAA), free program. I love how easy it is to set up and send my own waiting room information to clients. They simply sign in and we are able to have a great quality video session with no cost to them or myself.

Cons

There really are no cons for this program. The free one is great for simple video and voice. If a person wants more features, pay for it. It's helpful and the additional features are well worth the price if you don't have another EHR platform that has those features. I have one set up already and just needed a video platform, for me it works great!

Response from Doxy.me

Replied March 2019

Hi John! Thanks so much for the review! Glad Doxy.me works wherever you are traveling!

Michele from Steadfast Heart Counseling LLC

Industry: Mental Health Care

Telemedicine simplified: quality user experience with no unnecessary complications

Doxy.me is giving me the opportunity to serve clients that would otherwise miss out on receiving greatly-needed mental health services. It's accessible, functional, and reliable. I can't say enough great things about this program!

Pros

Doxy.me is HIPAA compliant, streamlined, and easy to start using. My clients find it easy to use as well; all they need to do is click a link to enter my waiting room. The video and audio quality is very good and I like the "pre-call test" function for peace-of-mind. You also can't beat the price! There are very few high-quality telemedicine services that offer HIPAA compliant service for a decent price, much less for free if you're a single practitioner.

Cons

Honestly, I can't think of anything I didn't like. I'm a practical person and I love how user-friendly and streamlined Doxy.me is. Perhaps others might want more bells and whistles, but I usually find extra features just tend to gum up the process and create more opportunities for problems to arise.

Reasons for Choosing Doxy.me

Doxy.me is easier to set up and less expensive for me, a single practitioner.

Response from Doxy.me

Replied October 2019

Thanks so much for your review Michele!

Delia from Delia Shargel, MFT

Gratitude

I am grateful to have access to a simple-to-use, free, HIPAA-compiant platform.

Pros

I've been using doxy.me for about a year, but during the coronavirus shelter in place order, being able to offer HIPAA-compliant telehealth is a lifesaver. I use doxy's free version, which is totally adequate for my needs as a solo practitioner. It's incredibly user-friendly for my clients.

Cons

The tech isn't perfect, but it's dependable and absolutely adequate, even during times of extreme internet usage in my area. The picture can get degraded or there are occasional lags in speech, but nowhere near the problems I used to have with Skype.

Response from Doxy.me

Replied April 2020

Thanks so much for your review!!

Alice from Joyful Nutrition

I love Theranest, it allows me to navigate through 2 practices as a dietitian and therapist smoothly

Pros

The ease of use is wonderful. I have 2 practices, thus I can use custom forms for my dietitian practice, and then also have my therapist practice. I can create 2 users (both me) so that when I give superbills with codes, clients can get the reimbursement they need.

Cons

I used the credit card program, which I love, and it is very easy to use; however, I do not like how they take out the charges separately as it is harder to manage and keep track.

Response from Doxy.me

Replied May 2018

Karen from Dr. Karen Winkelman

Great program free!

Wonderful

Pros

I enjoy being able to use the software with one client at no cost. I recommend it to everyone I know in my field. It runs well, offers lots of options, and even more if you sign up for a paid plan.

Cons

It doesn't have an email component to safely transmit secure info.

Response from Doxy.me

Replied October 2019

Thanks so much for your review!!

Craig from On Call Psychiatry, LLC

Great Telemed Platform

I do a high volume of telepsychiatry visits and this has enabled me to virtually eliminate no "No-Shows." Therefore, the product essentially pays for itself.

Pros

Ease of use and the patient does not have to download an app to use it.

Cons

Sometimes there is a lag in depending on the patients internet speed.

Reasons for Choosing Doxy.me

Cost, ease of use for the patient, HIPPA compliance, and quality of video and audio stream.

Response from Doxy.me

Replied December 2019

Hi Dr. Tyson! Thanks for the review! We are so glad we have helped you eliminate your 'no shows".

Sharon M. from Therapist for Sensitive and Gifted

I like Doxy best

Pros

I have used 3 other online video chat systems to meet with clients; this is the best one yet. It is easy for me and easy for my clients. When I had some problems using Doxy.me after buying a new computer, the help desk people were prompt, kind and helpful, resolving it in short order.

Cons

When there are problems with call quality, sometimes it is difficult to tell if the problem is from my (or the client's) internet connection or with Doxy itself.

Response from Doxy.me

Replied April 2020

Brittany from Flower City Therapy

Great video platform!

Doxy.me is great for tele-therapy and quick to use! Clients don't have to create any profile online to use it, they just receive a link from you in their email and it connects them automatically. Easy & quick!

Pros

Doxy.me is so easy to use, confidential, and the video connection works smoothly! It makes video sessions feel more secure because of the encrypted connection. This gives me and my clients peace of mind.

Cons

There are no cons about this software since I started using it.

Paul from Sucgang Family Medicine

Easiest Telemedicine platform

I use Telemedicine in my Family Practice daily. It's an excellent, no nonsense platform.

Pros

Easy to use. Simple. Not complicated. Similar to Skype. HIPPA Compliant. Great support staff. Co-Branding is optional.

Cons

Payment option for patient should be prior to seeing the physician. As a doctor I don't like to discuss payments with patients.

Response from Doxy.me

Replied April 2019

Hi Paul! Thanks for the review! You can now take payments from a patient while they are in the waiting room before a call! Email support@doxy.me for more info.

Holly from New Perspectives

HIPPA Compliant

My overall experience with Doxy.me has definitely been positive. I've already recommended it to colleagues, and I plan to purchase the individual clinician plan in the future.

Pros

As a therapist, the privacy of my clients is extremely important to me. With the onset of the coronavirus and my entire state on a stay-at-home order, telemedicine has become the chosen method of attending therapy sessions. Doxy.me is HIPPA Compliant, easy to use, fast to set up, keeps track of your session times, and has a free version so that you can try it out to see if it fits your needs before committing to a purchase.

Cons

I have only tried the free version so far, but I would say what I like least about the software is the same issues I would likely face with any online video conferencing tool, particularly with the influx of people using these tools to do business, and that is the occasional issues with lag or glitchy video/audio quality.

Response from Doxy.me

Replied April 2020

Thank you for your review!

Annie from Francine Silver, Ph.D.

Industry: Mental Health Care

Overall good. Better for an individual user than a group practice.

Pros

It's easy to use, pretty user-friendly, and pretty self-explanatory. The aesthetics are nice, I like the ability to submit claims directly (I wish I had an easier time of this), and I like the ability to make/use forms (would be good to be able to make these independently in a group account).

Cons

I started using this as an independent user before the practice I worked for started using it...it would have been great to integrate my data straight into the shared account but couldn't do it. Also have had some problems submitting claims (in that they never received them).

Response from Doxy.me

Replied May 2018

Paula from Gateway Counseling

Counseling Director & Therapist

Very helpful and positive experience for clients and clinicians.

Pros

I appreciate that Doxy.me is HIPPA compliant and a safe space to meet for counseling when we can't do it face to face. It's easy to use. We have been able to personalize this software to have our wait room look like the wait room they see when we are face to face. This helps clients feel more comfortable that they are in the right spot.

Cons

Rarely we must restart our computers for it to work or connect with the client. This has improved and rarely happens anymore.

Reasons for Choosing Doxy.me

It's HIPPA compliant, stable experience, easy to personalize, and able to add additional features as we've needed them. Also the basic plan is free so helpful to us in keeping our costs lower for the clients.

Response from Doxy.me

Replied April 2020

Elizabeth (Libby) from Not Your Average Nutritionist

Great FREE HIPAA complaint video conferencing

Doxy.me has been a game changer for my small buiness. I can now do HIPAA compliant telehealth sessions for FREE! And it doesn't require any space on my computer, just internet access.

Pros

I love that Doxy.me is: -HIPAA compliant -Free to use (for 1:1) -super easy to use & set-up -does not require downloads

Cons

I wish that you could: -screen share -have more than 2 people -that the image quality was better

Response from Doxy.me

Replied October 2019

Hi Libby! Thanks so much for your review! You can screenshare, have group calls and HD video on our platform! You can access those features on our premium plans or use a 24 hour day pass if you just need those features once in awhile.

Irene from Irene Summers Temple, PhD LLC

Industry: Mental Health Care

Simple to use for patients and providers

I have loved using Doxy.me for years. I started with the free trial and moved up to the professional level so that I could share documents with my clients. I recommend it to peers frequently and I will continue to do so.

Pros

Doxy.me is easy for my clients and me to use. I just share a link with my clients and they can access my virtual waiting room. I personalized my waiting room with my headshot and simple instructions. The software has been improved over the past 2.5 years while I've used it and now Doxy.me is even more accessible.

Cons

It seemed to have difficulty supporting all the heavy traffic due to COVID, but that's probably true about most platforms. I still recommended Doxy.me to my colleagues.

Response from Doxy.me

Replied April 2020

Thank you for your review! Thanks for telling peers about us!

Shelli from Private Practice

I use Doxy.me weekly, providing telemedicine services as part of my private practice. I

Pros

I LOVE that Doxy.me offers their basic service free to individual users! I will likely upgrade as I build my practice and start providing online trainings that will benefit from the added feature of screen share.

Cons

Because Doxy.me is a web based service that requires a robust WiFi connection to work well, I do experience issues with connectivity on a fairly regular basis, especially when my clients are using an internet provider that doesn't have a string bandwidth, such as fiber optic or 5G. I'm fortunate that the city I live in has high speed internet at an economical cost!

Response from Doxy.me

Replied June 2018

Thank you for your review! We have Optimized Quality for patients who are on a slower connection. Be sure to try it out sometime!

Susan from Hope Holder Counseling

doxy.me takes the guesswork out of working on a video platform

I love working on a video platform. I have lower monthly expenses. The rapport building with my client translates over the internet which was a concern of mine starting out. It's a wonderful way to reach clients that need my expertise but live in isolated areas of California.

Pros

How easily I am able to log on daily. How easily and simple it is for clients, they just follow my link!

Cons

The bot that pops up at the start is a little daunting sometimes. Kinda like a nosy neighbor peering over my fence.

Response from Doxy.me

Replied March 2019

Hi Susan! Thanks for the review! We will look into that nosy neighbor for you! :-)

Jamie from Jamie A. Micco, PhD, LLC

Doxy.me is remarkably easy to use and saves my practice time and money.

A free, secure platform to connect with my clients wherever they are.

Pros

It is a free, secure platform for connecting with patients who aren't able to attend sessions in the office. It is remarkably easy to use, with nothing to download. It runs smoothly so long as both parties have high speed internet access.

Cons

Very often, my patients and I need to re-start our "connection" because the sound isn't working (not because the microphones aren't on), there is an echo, or there is some issue with the video lagging. This happens once every other call to give a sense of the frequency.

Response from Doxy.me

Replied May 2018

Thanks for the review! Sorry about the connection problems. Email support@doxy.me if you would like to try a test call. :-)

Medhavi from Medhavi Jogi MD PA

We use it for everything

Using since 2016. Its changed our clinic for the better

Pros

easy to use, uncomplicated User interface, reliable, great support

Cons

its all good. All the negatives have been addressed by the company. They upgrade it frequently, always improving on the product

Response from Doxy.me

Replied March 2019

Thanks so much for your review Dr. Jogi! We are so happy that telemedicine has changed your clinic for the better!

Lisa from Lisa O'Hara, LMHC

Perfect addition to my practice

My overall experience has been pleasant and easy and it has added another dimension to my practice by providing telehealth.

Pros

Obviously the best part is it's FREE! My standard practice software charges extra for this feature. It's easy to use for me and my clients.

Cons

I haven't personally found any downside to the utilization of this free service.

Response from Doxy.me

Replied April 2020

Benita from www.womanheal.net

I provide distance psychotherapy and generally find it reliable and of pretty good quality.

I can provide an effective psychotherapy service to people around the globe.

Pros

It's ease of use is excellent for both me and my clients. I and my clients also love the waiting room feature.

Cons

There had been an earlier feature where I could boost the quality by clicking on a button. Now that option requires an upgraded service and a fee. Also, I use the conversation box to take notes during the session; would love for the option to make the font bold!

Response from Doxy.me

Replied June 2018

Thanks for the review! We are working on the font in the chat box!

Vicki from Bowker Christian Counseling

Easy and Helpful

Very positive in offering a professional, private, and secure portal to connect with my clients. Even more so during the COVID-19 restrictions, it has allowed people to access care who would otherwise not have a way to do so.

Pros

As a counselor, it was very important to me to be able to offer a secure place for my clients to access counseling. I am in private practice as a sole proprietor so I didn't want to spend a bunch of money or a lot of time figuring out a new system. Fortunately, Doxy.me allowed me to get set up with out needing support, and has allowed me to continue to see clients when they couldn't come to the office, which now has become a bigger issues than ever before. I appreciate being able to present a professional, easy to use service to my clients and to guard their privacy at the same time. Hassle free and helpful. I am very pleased with the product.

Cons

I live in Alaska, so connectivity can be an issue. There are times when the wifi speed inhibits connection, but generally, it's not a problem.

Response from Doxy.me

Replied April 2020

Anita from Better Love Movement

Great Online Platform for Teletherapy/ Coaching

I am a dating and relationship coach and also a therapist who uses Doxy.me for both businesses. I can do brief meetings on there or an entire 1 hour session.

Pros

This program is wonderful for meeting with clients online for therapy or coaching. I love the feature that lets people wait in a virtual "waiting room" until you are ready. The connection is clear and crisp and the audio is great.

Cons

I use the free version and I tried the paid version and didn't find it to be a good value. I wish I could record sessions to look back on them with the client.

Response from Doxy.me

Replied December 2019

Hi Anita! Thanks so much for the review! There are some recording options you can use to record video. Reach out to support@doxy.me and we can give you more info!

Pamela Shavaun from Pamela Shavaun Scott, LMFT

This software has allowed me to provide telemedicine services to my clients almost effortlessly.

Allows more clients to access treatment when they need to.

Pros

I appreciate the ease of use. It is a viable option for even the most technophobic among us with just a bit of coaching. The instructional videos are great, as well as tech support from the staff.

Cons

Some clients don't have the right browser and that can be a bit confusing. It would be helpful if it worked with all the common browsers.

Response from Doxy.me

Replied June 2018

Thanks for the review! Doxy.me now works on Safari in addition to Chrome and Firefox.

Paris from Paris C. Shields, LLC

Industry: Mental Health Care

Can't get customer help to improve technical difficulties.

see above

Pros

It's easy to use. That's it at this time. nnnnnnnn

Cons

I have been getting a horrible connection since about mid month. It has interfered with my ability to connect with my clients. The video freezes, the audio and video fall out of sync. I have used the troubleshooting options in the articles by other users. I have tried using a new computer and even a different internet connection. I am very disappointed because I have been paying for this monthly for well over a year and have been able to use it with no problems on a less frequent basis. Now that I need to use it daily because of the COVID - 19 Crisis, it is not working well. I cannot schedule a call for support because there are no spaces available. I have not been able to get any help. I am at the point of cancelling my service and trying something new as it is imperative that I am able to video conference with my clients. I am really hoping to get some help and support.

Response from Doxy.me

Replied March 2020

I am so sorry for the trouble! We are currently doing over 10 million video minutes a day right now. I'm not sure why it won't work for you. We are happy to help troubleshoot. Email support@doxy.me. We also have a very generous refund policy and will refund your payment if you are not satisfied.