• Pros

• "It's easy to use and increasingly growing in functionality and features. The interface is clean and the video and audio quality are consistently strong."

• "The design and look exudes a polished and highly professional business, the level of immediate support when needed"

• "It is easy to use for a non-techie person like me! Quick and easy to contact tech support! Friendly staff!"

• Cons

• "Sometimes, sharing documents is a bit confusing. But I think it's me. They promptly help me or my clients out if we get stuck."

• "They're aware of the challenges with Apple products. I don't like needing to refresh, & I know there's a lot that goes into making the connections. "

• "A few unexplainable hitches along the way. The app sometimes says it's not going to work but then it does."

Browse thera-LINK Reviews

Shadia from New Leaf Counselling

Overall, my experience using Thera-LINK has been really positive.

Pros

More than half of my practice involves counseling clients overseas. It is imperative that I am using a software that I can trust and rely on. The customer support has been wonderful! As with any technology, sometimes there have been issues or growing pains; but the customer care team is very quick to resolve those issues. I have never had to wait more than a few minutes for them to get involved and solve the problem. For me, this is THE MOST IMPORTANT thing. I need to know that there are people on the other side who want this service to be exceptional and are doing everything they can to make it so. I fully believe that about Thera-LINK. They are also always diligently making positive improvements all the time. Thera-LINK has improved significantly over the last 2 years, offering more features and a greater ease of use for myself and my clients.

Cons

In the beginning, Thera-LINK had limited capacity to work on certain browsers or devices. This has improved significantly, though. Over the last couple of years, Thera-LINK has been updated to work on most major browsers and devices.

Jonadab from 21st Century Counseling, PLLC

Industry: Individual & Family Services

Secure tele-therapy platform

Overall, this is an excellent tool for clinicians that want to make psychotherapy more accessible to their patients. If a patient is unable to attend a face-to-face session, then you can offer Thera-LINK as an alternative to be able to have a meeting with your patient. This application will reduce the number of "no-shows" or "appointments cancellations," which can be devastating for private practice.

Pros

Thera-LINK is a secure, HIPPA compliant video conferencing software that allows you to stay in touch with your patients. This software helps with reducing the cost of no-shows or cancelations b/c of its ease to use and convenience to patients. Simply put, you can use this video teletherapy platform if your patients are unable to see you face-to-face. Another great feature of Thera-LINK is that it allows you to connect with other clinicians for video conferencing for free. When you invite a person to your Thera-LINK account, there is a drop-down feature that lets you select the role for this person. For example, is it a client, colleague, staff, etc. Another great feature is the waiting room. You can select between different waiting rooms, and your patients/colleagues will see the waiting room until you can connect. The waiting room feature also lets you choose the background music that your clients/colleagues will be listening to until you can establish a connection. There is also the "Instant Conference" feature which allows you to invite a person on the go. The software is straightforward to use. Users receive an e-mail to create an account as well as an e-mail to "join a session."

Cons

There is very little not to like. I guess the electronic health record system could be more robust, yet I only use this platform for teletherapy sessions and not to keep up with clinical documentation.

Rose from Thrive: Mind/Body, LLC

thera-LINK as a "Game-Changer" for Telehealth Services

thera-LINK is a secure online platform that offers instant communication between clients and providers, as well as the ability to share documents, to create invoices and payment requests, to tie payment requests with sessions, to schedule online sessions, to have secure audio, video, and text messaging sessions, and to create session notes. It allows a small business owner to be a provider, an administrator, an account manager, as well as to have access to an electronic health record without feeling overwhelmed. It creates a n organized system backed by excellent customer support for a fraction of the cost of other similar platforms.

Pros

The thera-LINK platform is easy to use for both clients and providers. As a clinician, I was looking for a platform that could provide many of the same benefits as the larger online counseling platforms such as secure video and text messaging with a small business feel. This platform has been a hit with clients that have transferred from the larger platforms- they love the ease of access.

Cons

Clients frequently request an app to accompany the platform for easier log in and access to the text messaging feature more quickly.

Irene from Self

Fantastic customer service. Always available and helpful

Pros

That it is easy to use friendly interface Reliable Good price economic Good customer support

Cons

That it becomes blurry It does not work at times Links aren't responsive at times Could work faster

Erich from Blue Shore

Exceptional customer attention

Overall, Thera-LINK has been exceptional. With so many competitors out there in Telehealth and tele-conferencing, they are emerging as a force to be reckoned with as far as I can tell. I have no need to look elsewhere!

Pros

The attention given to the customer and how quickly they respond is second to none. Thera-LINK treats you like family and listens when you have an issue or thought. I also like how they give thorough instructions to my new clients so they can begin to feel comfortable with the platform from the beginning, which is huge. Clean and easy-to-use, which is just what we need!

Cons

I wish there were options for note-taking without doing an upgrade. I also would like to see a few less connectivity issues with clients. Now that could easily be something with the client's operating system or tech, but when I've used Google Duo or Skype occasionally w/those clients we don't seem to run into the same issues.

As I've utilized thera-LINK, the product has gotten better & better.

Fast customer service, professional format that's easy to use, email reminders, document sharing.

Pros

The video quality is excellent. I rarely have difficulties with audio & video not being synchronized. I love the emails reminding me & clients of sessions. That has reduced shows & late cancellations significantly.

Stacy from Therapy WIth Stacy

Great Overall Experience!

Pros

I really appreciate TheraLINK's client interface with the mock waiting rooms and music prior to session. My clients have no difficulty navigating through Thera-LINK's interface, even on their first use. I appreciate that there is a notification when my client is "in the waiting room" so I know they are present. I feel confident that Thera-LINK is a HIPPA-compliant way to conduct teletherapy. The support team is great - very responsive and knowledgeable!

Cons

I use another EHR for my main schedule and notes so sometimes it is a bit cumbersome to manage both calendars. I also feel the scheduling is not as efficient as it could be. It feels as if there are too many clicks and drop down menus to make a new appointment. I would prefer to click on the calendar and have that date and time populate automatically. (Although I bet they are working to improve that, as they always seems to be making positive changes).

Paul from Center for Spiritual Renewal East

The customer support is second to none! Incredibly responsive!

I appreciate the HIPAA compliance of the video, the ease of use for myself and my clients, and the ability for my clients to see my calendar to request appointments.

Pros

Cons

Main thing missing is synchronization with outside calendars. I use iCal, and it would be nice if I could have my appointments there sync to my Thera-link calendar to keep from having to use 2 calendars.

Anna from OMBRE-Online

Clear, clean, professional, polished, user friendly

Professional image for my business, clear sound and picture for performing sessions is critical and this product consistently delivers.

Pros

Cons

The share screen feature, I am unable to make it so the patient can see my entire screen. Also, I wish the patient was prompted when logging in and seeing the camera and microphone to use a preferred application (e.g. chrome) - sometimes they forget.

Thomas from Insightful Living Inc.

Satisfaction

The support staff at Thera-LINK are extremely responsive and knowledgeable. Great software and support.

Pros

My patients find the software easy to use which reduces incomplete sessions due to technical issues.

Cons

I do not have specific issues that impact software functionality.

Sabrina from KPCC

Industry: Mental Health Care

Great service and easy to use!

Able to work from home with a hipaa compliant program.

Pros

Cons

Sometimes, I am not aware of updates right away, but unsure if this is something I am doing incorrectly, or if it is on their end.

Amanda from Amanda Rickard, PsyD, LLC

Industry: Mental Health Care

Perfect secure, HIPAA compliant telehealth platform for my small private practice

I am able to do online telehealth sessions for psychotherapy, which expands my practice across the entire state and helps me reach populations I specialize in better.

Pros

I LOVE the virtual waiting room and music, as well as the ability to require payment prior to session. I appreciate the responsive, effective, and professional assistance and technical support. I think the sessions are high quality video and sound. Scheduling and managing the system is initiative. I really love all the design features.

Cons

Occasional technical problems occur, which may be related to internet service rather than thera-LINK. I miss being able to add clients to my calendar immediately, but the new system of confirmation probably reduces problems and no-shows for initial appointments.

Alice from Alice E. Witt, LCSW

Industry: Mental Health Care

My experience with Thera-link has been exceptional. The service is easy to use .

The ability to work from home and save time in travel for my clients who can meet with me in the comfort of their own homes.

Pros

I love working from home and it's ease of use. The software allows for collection of payment and almost keeps my records for me!

Cons

There are times when the video quality is not as good as I would like. I think this has to do more with my client's internet service, though.

Binyamin from Self employed

Focus on Doing Therapy

All-in-all I would recommend thera-LINK to a therapist who would be using it exclusively for video-conferencing therapy and doesn't have the know how, time, or interest in piecing together the elements (such as video conferencing, payment processing, and scheduling platforms) to create their own online-therapy space.

Pros

Thera-LINK provides an excellent platform for the therapist to a) Conduct online therapy sessions over video conferencing; b) allows clients to schedule through their platform; c) pay for the session in advance. Their costumer service is very impressive. They answer their phones, respond to emails, and in short, are ready to help. An additional nice feature in their ability to allow communication via messaging between client and therapist.

Cons

I was a little surprised when I discovered that in addition to thera-LINK I would also need to have my own website, I was expecting thera-LINK to be a one-stop-shop. That having been said I was also a bit disappointed that the service doesn't allow clients to pay for a SMS-based monthly therapy subscription.

Tammy from Star Counseling Services

Has been a pleasure to work with. Have been using them for years. My practice is now 100% online!

Pros

I enjoy that you can share documents on the screen. I predominantly work with children so this feature is extremely helpful to keep their attention.

Cons

It can be fussy with apple products in particular with ipads. The client has to log in multitude of times and the video at times shuts off . It can be frustrating.

Staci from Staci Davis, RLCSW

My experience has been excellent. Customer service is fantastic and the program is simple to use

Pros

I love that this platform is extremely user-friendly. It is simple to set up, and can be used from a smart phone, a tablet, or a computer. Clients report that it is easy to use on their end as well. Additionally, having billing completed Prior to each session is extremely helpful.

Cons

Occasionally the screen freezes, but generally a reboot fixes the problemPrior to each session is extremely helpful.

ralph from Private Practice

Great experience.

Pros

Platform continues to improve as time goes on. Once you get the hang of it, it is very easy to use. Works with all major browsers. Clients can request appointments. Can share screen and/or files HIPPA compliant Easy client payment setup The technical staff is also very supportive.

Cons

Not much here. If anything, seems difficult to change a client's name, once you/they establish an account

Tammie from Healthy Minds: Counseling, Consultation & Education

Not my first online company. Thera-link has been an excellent choice for me and for my clients.

Pros

Ease use. Instructional videos for therapists and clients. TopNotch customer service. Reliability of the technology. Open to suggestions and improvement (although they come up with improvement ideas themselves.) Keep therapists aware of update - excellent communication!

Christina from High Resolution Counseling

Easy to use, helpful, and functional for my needs.

Pros

I most like the organizational details about this software. It is easy to schedule, take payments, and see clients over the system

Cons

I least like the glitches that cause screen freezes and loss of video. These make it difficult to have consistently complete sessions. Many sessions require the refresh button to be used to jump start it to work appropriately. Sometimes I have to refresh multiple times.

Marie Estelle from MarieSpikeOnlineCounselor.com

I have used many platforms for my telemental health practice in the past, and thera-LINK is #1.

Easy and simple to use.

Pros

User friendly with clear instructions and instant, professional customer support. Wonderful features with great choices for waiting room setting and music for my clients. Lots of other great features for screen and meeting options. Their inclusion of Stripe has made it so easy for my clients to pay. Also, their monthly usage fee and billing are both reasonable and hassle free. I love thera-LINK!

Cons

I have no cons at all to list. I am 100% satisfied. I can't praise them highly enough. Even though I can now switch my clients to United Healthcare's video session site for free, I am sticking with thera-LINK.

Linda from Healthcare Professionals

Theralink has been easy to learn and helpful when a question arises

Pros

The layout and design of the website make it easy for both the user and myself. Like the calender and like the client list

Cons

The document portion is a bit involved i continue to have difficulty getting the documents to folks and to receive them back. Otherwise it is all good

Dawn from Self-Employed

I have found thera-LINK to be a great addition to my practice, both for the clients and for me.

Increased accessibility to provide services to clients.

Pros

What I like most about this software is the video quality (even when using it internationally), the ease of use for the clients and the support. Any time there has been an issue the customer support has been outstanding.

Cons

The thing I like least right now is the process of scheduling of a session. I only do a few sessions a month right now so have not gotten used to it. If I accidentally hit "enter" after filling in one of the boxes instead of clicking outside of the box then the appointment is scheduled without a client being selected. Then it has to be cancelled and restarted.

Dr Michelle from Curative Connections LLC

They Had Me At Hello :)

The customer service (for both clinician and client) is top-notch. Their response time to any issues (of which for me have been few) exceeds that of even notable Lands End (retail) renown. I am a forever customer:))

Pros

The software is intuitive and fluid; the tutorials are short and easy to understand. They are about continuous improvement and I like that :)

Cons

Absolutely nothing! I love the interface and appreciate their openness to customer feedback:))

LIZ from J MICHAEL BRENNAN MD

Industry: Mental Health Care

I have worked with this company since just about its inception. Please with product & service.

Pros

This software provides an easy, effective way for our office to communicate with our patients. Easy to use from the office standpoint.

Cons

Many of my patients state they don't get the initial invite. Would love to be able to see delivery envelope.

Kady from Kady Williams LLC

Never had a dropped session, easy to use with great customer service

I am able to see clients via the web in a way that is simple for them and me

Pros

The software is easy to use for the client and the clinician. Picture and audio are clear. It doesn't have a bunch of unnecessary features or require a great deal of technical expertise.

Cons

I have no complaints. Has always been reliable and if I am having any issues, customer service has promptly resolved any technical issues

Rebecca from Rebecca Fitton

Quick and effective customer service!

Meeting with clients who cannot get to an office or are too far away.

Pros

I like the email reminders that it sends clients about their upcoming appointments. I like that clients can request appointments. Clear connections.

Christina Jo from Alma Meridian, PLLC

Exactly what I need for business

Pros

Customer service is phenomenal. Images, music and overall look is appealing. Love that money is collected prior to joining session.

Cons

Scheduling feature changes not so user friendly . I still can't figure out the app. Sometimes sessions drop and not sure why.

Gail from Iron Doc

Industry: Mental Health Care

This service was just what I needed.

Low cost for first class service.

Pros

Fantastic customer service. Anytime my clients need help, someone takes care of the problem immediately. Easy to learn the system. I feel secure seeing my clients on this platform. The very reasonable price is another plus

Cons

Sometimes the client doesn't have enough band width to support a good connection. When this happens, their picture sometimes will freeze.

Sean from Self Employed

Excellent, attentive, responsive team

Pros

Much easier to use than Zoom or Skype. I have used those in the past and found them a little frustrating.

Cons

One of the "click" icons only partially lights up when pressed; I'd prefer a more robust response from this action

Erin Malone from COUNSELING CENTER IN THE BERKSHIRES INC

Industry: Mental Health Care

I love utilizing theta-LINK with my clients!

Pros

It allows me to connect with patients despite the distance. It's also user-friendly despite tech ability level.

Cons

The only issue I have is occasional service interruption due to loss of internet signal strength. It is usually easily reconnected