• Pros

• "Ease of use, full features, great customer service."

• "Features, Performance and Support were all Excellent."

• "Easy to use both from a administrator and customer point of view "

• Cons

• "Because the software is so rich in features and versatile, it takes a bit of patience to determine what aspects of the features we were using and which didn't apply to our specific needs. "

• "If you group items the spreadsheets can get a little wacky. Easy to fix but you do have to fix it. "

• "There really is nothing to not like. The thank you letters are a little difficult, I was told by another staff member, but I've had no problems."

Browse Silent Auction Pro Reviews

Erin from Shelton Elementary PTSA

A Must for School Fundraising

We are going to start using our SAPro software in our other school fundraisers, not just our auction. It is a great way to organize and keep all of our sponsor and donor information organized. I can also not speak highly enough of the customer support! They are quick to answer calls and get you answers to your questions.

Pros

We've used Silent Auction Pro for at least three events in the last several years as a Mobile Pro client. It is pretty intuitive and keeps our donations well organized, as well as allowing us to communicate effectively with bidders and donors. The ability for anyone to bid online opens our fundraising to the community, not just our school families, helping us raise much more money than we could achieve with paper bidding.

Cons

We would love to see an app in the future, rather that just a mobile site for bidding.

Reasons for Choosing Silent Auction Pro

Mobile bidding was not available with Handbid at the time we purchased; also, SAPro is a good value for the product and service we receive.

Robert from Somerset Auxiliary of the Johnstown Symphony Orchestra

Round 2; Regrouping

I loved the software. We had used BidPal/OneCause prior but the cost model was unbearable for us this year. With Silent Auction Pro we pay after the first event; nothing upfront. Capped fee% and low fixed cost are benefits. Credit card processing (we used WorldPay) fees are lower (and no monthly fee), making the total cost lower. Software is feature-rich. This can be a double-edged sword as features can add complexity. Help is always available and phone support was awesome. Overall, the features are worth it. Ability to 'stage' or start a new event while keeping a recently finished event active for a bit would be a welcomed improvement.

Pros

Features, Performance and Support were all Excellent.

Cons

Registration and PW requirements for bidding . No import (from spreadsheet) capability. Understandable, but would have been nice. They do offer to import for you at extra cost. They must have had bad experiences... It turned out to be less an issue than I thought. They were very upfront about it and it was not a surprise.

Reasons for Choosing Silent Auction Pro

Cost/payment model. There were some interpersonal issues as well but did not drive the ultimate decision.

Lea from Aurora Central Catholic High School

Good Value

We had a good experience with SAP specially with the customer support we had. The system was completely new for us this year so we had to learn how to us the software while doing a completely re-formatted event. The support we got and their response to suggestions were very good. The event coach assigned to us truly went above and beyond to make our work as easy as possible. Again, we were in a unique situation with the event being almost completely changed and SAP helped us as best as they can. The cost of the software and the fees associated with the service we used was also very reasonable and I would recommend this for small to mid-size events. They also gave us a choice of two different credit card processors which was very helpful in cutting down cost.

Pros

The product had a good tutorial. Once you get started, do the tutorial and get help from customer support, it was relatively easy to use the software. What I liked best about it was the customer support we received. For what we needed, the software worked well. The final report was very helpful and easy to understand. The messaging options were also something we used a lot specially since we had a 5 day event.

Cons

Some commands were not as intuitive so I called customer support a lot. I didn't like what the system provided for doing donations (not as many different options on levels of donation), raffle ticket price options, some reports were not exportable in excel or CSV (some had to be copy-pasted to a word document). I wish they had an option to export every contact, category of contact and transaction done by the contact in one complete report to enable the user (us) to sort as needed. Since not all reports were exportable, formats of reports came in different ways so it was not as easy to combine reports. However, this was a unique event and we had to make changes and adopt the software to a completely virtual event with different reporting needs. When we started, the event was a one day gala event. Due to the COVID-19 crisis, the event had to be changed. In the middle of ticketing,raffle purchases, donation solicitation, the event was converted into a 5-day auction. We wanted to be able to rotate the sponsor exposure in the banner page and we had difficulty doing that. Having the experience this year, we now have a better understanding of how to use the software better for reports, thank you letters, etc. Knowing what you want to do and have at the end of the event from the system will help us put in data much better next year. Because of how complicated and unpredictable the reconfigured event was this year, we didn't know how best to use the data entry.

Reasons for Choosing Silent Auction Pro

Price and product. After using the product, I am also glad we made a switch due to the customer service.

Response from Silent Auction Pro

Replied June 2020

Thank you Lea for the review! Please see my thoughts below: 1. I'm not sure what you mean w.r.t. not as many options on levels of donations. You can create as many donations as you want and you essentially control all the options. I'll reach out and make sure I understand what you mean. 2. With respect to reporting - you can create custom reports using the write letters that will allow you to export pretty much everything you mentioned in a single report. We can help with that. 3. Creating a rotating banner just requires someone who knows how to make an animated GIF and has something like PhotoShop. We also offer that service if you need it. Again - thank you for the full and honest review. We will reach out to make sure we understand your concerns and make sure they are addressed. -Jim

Aaron from DSA

Silent Auction Pro - basic auction software

Pros

Silent Auction Pro has features like image uploading and item organizing that make it useful for auctions.

Cons

Silent Auction Pro uses an unreliable payment processor, they do not give an opt out for saving credit card info, and there is no bulk upload for items.

Response from Silent Auction Pro

Replied June 2018

Regarding our credit card processors: Silent Auction Pro uses two of the largest and most reliable payment processors on the planet - PayPal and WorldPay / Vantiv. Regarding storing credit cards: For mobile bidding, yes customers must put a credit card on file. This is by design as we believe that it is in the best interest of organizations holding fundraisers that they have a credit card on file for each online bidder. People who do not have a credit card or refuse to put one on file may bid on a bidding Kiosk. Note that credit cards are NOT stored on Silent Auction Pro servers but instead with PayPal or WorldPay. Regarding no bulk upload for items. This is true. It is just as easy if not easier to enter donations into Silent Auction Pro than it is to enter them first in a spreadsheet (where you can't enter a photo anyway). If you purchase a system to help manage your event, you should use that system exclusively and not try to switch back and forth.

Cathy from Crossroads School

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Highly Recommend!

Previously we have had a more create-as-we-go-along approach to each dinner auction held. We were looking for greater portability in auction coordinating. Meaning, we want to be able for someone to walk in the door and be able to understand what was done in previous auctions and be able to carry it forward with little to no difficulty. One of the best things about Silent Auction Pro is the support team and the support videos!

Pros

The 'back office' support from Silent Auction Pro is amazing. They are quick to respond and very easy to work with. In addition, the videos for how to use the software are very well done and easy to understand!

Cons

There really wasn't anything that we didn't like about this software.

Reasons for Choosing Silent Auction Pro

We ultimately chose Silent Auction Pro over the other software we reviewed based on our reviewers feedback regarding ease of learning the programs and ease of use. An additional consideration was pricing and the fact that Silent Auction Pro offers a basic package that does not have a percentage of funds raised charged on top of the annual access fee. And compared to other programs the annual fees, in our opinion, are very reasonable.

Sharon from Community for Coaches

Amazing Software and Customer Service

Amazing! Everyone who has been on the phones with us has been fantastic to work with. Including the owner. He is completely a part of his team and business and does not hesitate to jump in and support you.

Pros

What I like most is what all it can do. For this event I only used one little portion, but learned in the post event how great this tool is going to be to use for our big fundraiser.

Cons

There is a LOT packed into one spot. Learning where everything lives is challenging, but their customer support is, literally, amazing. So really there is not a least.

Reasons for Choosing Silent Auction Pro

Ease of use and customer support. When we were meeting with Silent Auction Pro, we felt like they were willing to come along side us and not just be another sale. This is exactly what has happened. :)

John F from Friends of Falls Church Homeless Sheltewr

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Excellent Event Planning Software!

We are a hypothermia shelter that houses 12 guests during the coldest months of the year, and have a fundraising gala every 2-3 years. At the beginning of our planning process for our February 2020 gala, we wrestled with the question “Do we really need an auction and event planning package for our little event?” At the end, there was no question that Silent Auction Pro was a HUGE reason why our event went so smoothly and exceeded our fundraising goals!

Pros

I cannot say enough good things about our experience using Silent Auction Pro. Some of the key things that we liked: Event Coach. From the beginning, we were assigned an event coach ([SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]), and she proved incredibly helpful in both understanding Silent Auction Pro as well as anticipating what other issues might come up before, during, and after our event. She checked in regularly, and was available even on weekends. Training Videos. Silent Auction Pro has a large number of training videos on YouTube that were very helpful. Admittedly, they seemed difficult to understand when I viewed them before we actually signed up, but once I was on Silent Auction Pro and able to play around, they made much more sense, and proved very helpful. Pricing Structure. At first, it seemed expensive to pay $800 and still give up 2% of our proceeds to Silent Auction Pro. However, the 2% is only out of auction proceeds, and not things like tickets or sponsorships. That kept the 2% cost down to under $300, for a total cost of $1,100. Comparing that to the many, many hours of time saved, the ability to start the auction before the event, ability to easily sell tickets, and all the communications tools made it worth the money many times over! Usability. While I would not call Silent Auction Pro the most user-friendly website in existence, it is user-friendly, and with a minimal amount of practice it becomes very easy to get around. The reports are also very useful and easy to generate.

Cons

There were a few very minor bugs, but that was it. I didn't care at all for WorldPay, which is one of the two credit card processors that Silent Auction Pro works with. They had horrible customer service and wanted to know WAY to much personal information about me in order to open an account. But that isn't Silent Auction Pro's fault ...

Reasons for Choosing Silent Auction Pro

Early in the process, a friend said they loved Silent Auction Pro for their event, so I limited the evaluation to just this product.

Jennifer from Family Promise of Southern Chester County

Reached our goal - even during COVID-19 - with help of Silent Auction Pro

Our small non-profit has had a very positive experience with Silent Auction Pro. We have used Silent Auction Pro for 3 years, 2 years with paper bidding and this year with mobile bidding. This year we were so lucky to have transitioned to mobile bidding. Our auction went on without a hitch, in a virtual environment, during the COVID-19 shut downs. We were able to switch everything to a virtual offering easily and we were still able to exceed our goal of $75,000. We look forward to using this great software in the future.

Pros

Once you use the software for multiple years it makes it so easy to put in repeat auction items. The software offers so many options and ways to set up communication with bidders, attendees, donors, etc. I love that you can schedule items to go out ahead of time so you don’t need to think about doing them later. Every year new updates make the software better than the year before. The pricing is affordable for non-profits and they offer superior customer service, tech support and a fantastic help section.

Cons

There is a learning curve, as with any other software package – the more you use it the easier it is. We tended we only have 2 people inputting auction information so that it was consistent. We would love to see a more comprehensive package that allows you to input expenses and see the full picture of the event. I know this is something they are trying to incorporate for the future and once it is available it will be even more fantastic!

Response from Silent Auction Pro

Replied April 2020

Thank you very much for the review Jennifer! We're hearing quite a few stories about groups switching to virtual events because of COVID-19 and still meeting or exceeding their goals - especially when you consider not having to pay for the venue and all the other expenses that come with it. I'm glad you had a great event! - Jim

Tara from Paul Ecke Central PTA

Great Auction Software

This was my first year personally using the software to set up the auction, and I received incredible customer service throughout the process. I worked primarily with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], but everyone I spoke with was polite and helpful. Not sure if it because there weren't as many auctions happening due to COVID, but I felt I had the support needed to be confident setting up the auction. We also needed some help during and after the auction, and we were well taken care of.

Pros

We use this software for our yearly school auction. This is now our 4th year using it. One of the huge benefits is being able to use contacts, logos, donation descriptions, etc. from previous years. It really saves time if you have the same donors year after year. That being said, it does take time to set up contacts, donations and auction items initially, but you know you'll have everything saved for next year. Also, we got lots of compliments on how nice the auction looks and how easy it is to bid. I agree!

Cons

It took me a little time bit of time to learn where things are and how to use the tools. I don't know if it would be worth the time to set everything up if you weren't planning on using the software for more than once.

Rachel from PVUMC

Best Customer Service

Overall, I've been thankful for their ability to to assist me with my event. They call and checkup on a regular basis to ensure that you feel ready and that they've done their best to prepare you. They also stay on call when your event is happening, just in case.

Pros

The software has features and capabilities that I never knew I needed. Not only does it make the whole thing easier, it helps with every aspect of the event. The best thing ever, is that even if you are confused or lost, they are great at answering the phone and clearly walking you through everything. The more I use it, the less I need help and the more I learn about all the features.

Cons

It can be confusing at times where things are but the more you use it, the better it gets.

Reasons for Choosing Silent Auction Pro

It had the most features tailored to my needs and, most importantly, I could use it from any computer and have log ins for other people.

Lara from North Carolina Therapeutic Riding Center

Excellent Choice

Helped us run our best auction to date, with virtually no line at checkout, even though we had almost doubled our attendees from the prior year.

Pros

This is terrific software, especially for a smaller nonprofit. What sold the software to us is that when I inquired about it online on a Saturday, I got an immediate phone call from the owner of the company and software developer. This was very typical of all interaction with this company throughout our use of the software - we got immediate responses from support when we had questions, they understand that auctions happen on weekends and support needs to be available then, and when we found a few quirks in the software they were repaired immediately, often by the developer personally. We previously used Greater Giving and BidPal; all three have features that I like and don't like, but overall SilentAuctionPro is by far the best value for the price. The a la carte pricing is a huge benefit for nonprofits like ours that cannot use all features (i.e. online bidding). Overall, from last year to this year (BidPal to SilentAuctionPro), we went from about 100 to 195 attendees, and from our worst checkout ever to our best. The instruction files, help menus, videos, etc were by the far the best of any nonprofit software we have used. We were invoiced after the auction for the software, which could be of great benefit for a nonprofit just starting out with their first auction.

Cons

I would love to be able to have a website where people can enter their own donations and have them populate as donation items in the system. There were a few quirks like the system not liking quote marks and ampersands. I would like for there to be a bit more explanation on the page about the security of registering your card as many of my guests weren't comfortable doing so at the time of ticket purchase. It would also be great to have more customization options for the ticket sales page. Because of the way we run our auction, I would very much prefer to be able to assign bidder #s to a household rather than to an individual, but this would have been fine if we had noticed it earlier and planned accordingly. I would also like to be able to customize a bit more on the receipts, include ticket descriptions, etc. I would have set up our fixed price items differently than we were advised to as I don't think it was the best option for our auction and was a bit of a hiccup, but in fairness it was something we didn't get to in advance and did on the fly, so it would have been avoidable with a little planning. Although the reports are generally pretty great, I did have to piece together a few to get to what I needed which could be a pain for someone with less Excel experience. Really minor, but because we can't use online bidding, I print our bidsheets on carbonless paper. Would very much prefer that the half sheet option printed as a 2up because I ended up reformatting them in Adob

Charisse from Edmonds Woodway Athletic Booster Club

Tremendous system for making charity auction easier to set up

Set up and run the event solely from volunteer committee without having to contract with other services for ticketing or check in/out. Handle high volume auction and attendee counts with smaller committee.

Pros

Donation entry was intuitive and loved that we could pull up items donated before so that we didn't have to retype everything. Demo environment allowed us to get committee members up to speed quickly and also allowed us to practice on some creative set up to meet our auction needs. Ticketing feature offered a variety of ticket options, some only displaying with a promo code, and love the addition of the asking for the email address for a ticket purchasers' guests - made it simple to reach all attendees with the marketing tools. Allowing the ticket purchasers to select the meal, or any other item we programmed made the table/catering coordination easy. Marketing features to promote the event to our attendees as well as help them feel connected to the event that was a couple months away. We set up an online auction the week before our event and people loved it! The online auction was open to the public so it allowed parents to share with friends and family that weren't planning on attending. We posted the event auction items on the online auction as previews to entice bidders to attend to get a chance at the rest of the silent and live items. Reporting is good, check in/out is all on one page, the system performance is great. Loved working in system even from our smart phone browser to check on things, make changes etc. any time, any where. Customer support was outstanding!

Cons

Special characters aren't allowed in donation title so we had to change once they got loaded as an auction item. Special characters in the description like " for inch threw off the formatting of the data export to excel. Reporting is good, but would have liked a few more reports or the ability to create ad hoc reports. We found one report provided this item, but another report provided this item so we had to export to excel and do look up functions which is tedious to do each time. Would like more options for formatting of bid sheets, and also would like to see some additional options with displaying, leveraging the "Donation Tag" feature which is critical for us as our teams need to be identified. Would like filters on lists as well.

AMY from VCHS Foundation

Silent Auction Pro helped us manage over 400 auction items at our event.

Silent Auction Pro allows us to manage a high volume of donators, donations, auction items, bidders, etc. Customer support is great, they are always available to answer my questions timely. Loved the phone call the day before the event to share the 800 number. Love that we can email receipts to winners. Love that we can notify winners via email or text once a table is processed. Like that you can have multiple users at same time, especially at event day, doing data input, checking in bidders, checking out winners.

Pros

Cons

1) Certain characters are not liked by the program (inch symbol, & symbol), especially when exporting to excel. 2) Bid sheet area to write in bids is too crowded, would like options to modify bid sheet layout, not sure if we can or not but would like opportunity to export bid sheets to a file and add "NO BIDS" on back side of page 3) Price went up from last year, both module cost and %. 4) Would like more options to print vs export and when exporting to design what fields and sort order, especially on sold items 5) Dont like that when you create duplicate items that they are linked and then if one is not sold it cannot be deleted without deleting them both 6) When you update an auction item, you go back to the donation, update, then update auction item. It does not always take the updated title from the donation as the new title of the auction item. Cannot figure out why. 7) would like the name on the bid sheets to be larger font, as we had two bidders get the wrong cards and not know that it was not their name at the top 8) Would like bidders to write more clearly :) (I know, out our your control) 9) Would like a quicker way to see what auction items have no bids at the end of the event instead of scrolling through the page

Response from Silent Auction Pro

Replied April 2017

#1 Ampersands have special meaning in HTML and are therefore prohibited in some fields. Using in. instead of double quotes would be guaranteed to work. #4 The Write Letters feature of the AuctionPromoter provides a lot of flexibility w.r.t. creating custom reports. #5 Delete duplicated items using the bulk delete option at the bottom of the Edit Auction Items page. #6 Auction item titles are DIFFERNT than the donation titles. Auction item titles are seeded with the donation title(s) when you first create auction items. From there on if you want to change the auction item title you have to do it on the auction item, not on the donation. #8 Me too! Go to mobile bidding and you won't have that problem! #9 With the AuctionPromoter you can project a leader board that shows all items with no bids. With mobile bidding there is also a special category that shows all items with no bids.

Alan from Southern Gateway Chorus

Silent Auction Pro - Good, but with some significant reservations

Southern Gateway Chorus used Silent Auction Pro (SAP) to manage our Gateway Gala for 2016, our major fund-raiser of the year. We found much to like about it, but also a few things that could stand improvement. The best thing about SAP is its people and the support they provide. They were right on top of everything. I never waited more than an hour for an answer to a support question. SAP also provides a very nice flow for managing donors and donations, and turning them into auction items. We were also impressed with the ease of checking guests in and out and providing them with paddles and invoices. Data entry for auction results is also well-thought-out, and quick and easy (with the exception of the Fund-a-need auction type - more below). Less useful is SAP's process for managing prospective guests. SAP conflates donors and guests as "Contacts". This means that if a person is both a guest and a donor, there is potential for duplication. SAP has a process for managing duplicates, but the outcome of the choices that you make in that process are not always very clear. Southern Gateway sells many of the tickets to our event through person-to-person contact. We did not find a good way to handle these sales in SAP. We wound up having our list of guests imported, and then using SAP to assign bidder numbers to them. SAP also does not deal well with groups of people (such as couples) who want to register using one credit card and bidder number. Its documentation, and its support personnel, stress the need to have each person have his or own contact record, phone number, email address etc. This is unnecessarily cumbersome. One kind of auction, which SAP calls "Fund-a-need", is not very well handled. It requires that you create multiple phony "donations", and then turn them into phony "auction items". Data entry for these auctions is cumbersome and error-prone. We wound up with a number of duplicate entries, which had to be manually resolved. This should be an easy software fix. Finally, SAP requires that you create a merchant account with Vantiv if you want to accept credit cards, and another account with American Express if you want to accept their cards. This process is not simple. You are also required to use card readers that you rent from SAP. Southern Gateway has a preexisting merchant account, and card readers, from Square. It would have been much easier if we could simply have used that account.

Pros

Capturing information about donors and donations Creating auction items from donations Checking guests in and out, and providing them with invoices Bid entry (except for Fund-a-need)

Cons

Handling reservations and guests, especially couples and other groups Formatting bid sheets - very little control over this format Handling creation and bid entry for fund-a-need Requirement to create a merchant account with Vantiv

May 2016

Stephanie from Amana Academy

May 2016

Silent Auction Pro Thought of Everything!

Overall, I am extremely pleased with this software. I was totally immersed in it, learning every possible feature and application, to ensure that we got the maximum use. Pro's: 1. The Help section is extremely well documented, and the customer support is amazing. The You Tube videos were very helpful for training both me and my volunteers. Any time of the day or night when I sent an email, I had an immediate response. 2. The options available were extremely comprehensive and knowledgeable about the mechanics of a benefit fundraiser. I cannot think of anything that I wanted to do that I couldn't do. From donor setup, to bidding styles (purchase of ticket parties for Teacher Experiences, to Silent Auction bidding, setting different minimum bids etc) to performance tracking, exporting info, everything was there. 3. The buzz that we created with the auction was definitely a boost to our event. We doubled our attendance vs. last year, just by starting the auction 4 weeks before the event, and creating excitement about the items that we offered early. 4. I am now set up for next year, with over 50% of the input work established already (donors, pictures and logos, bidders, etc). Next year should be a lot easier! 5. Auction Day section is powerful and easy to use - The check in was easy, online bidding was easy, and checkout was VERY easy, especially for those who had already registered their credit cards online. I could just click "auto process" for a batch of auction items, and with a click of the button, 20 people were checked out at once. Then I just looked up the auction number, passed out the gift envelopes or baskets, and done! "Be Awares" - I won't say Con's! 1. The upfront setup in the first year takes some time. Start early, and I strongly encourage you to read all of the "Help" sections before you start. Even then, tread carefully as you craft your setup, and re-read some of the Help sections. I ended up re-doing a few of my entries as I thought about the structure, and crafted it for maximum efficiency and reporting. 2. Engage team members to do their own data entry as they gather donations. This will save you a lot in data entry time, especially if you have a lot of auction items, and especially in the first year. 3. Train your "auction assistants" well, before event day. This includes check in, auction bidding assistance, and check out, but is especially true for Check in. Overall, very pleased!

Response from Silent Auction Pro

Replied May 2016

Thank you Stephanie for your detailed review. I'm sure potential customers will find this very helpful! On the "be awares". As you point out, our system is very comprehensive. We encourage people to play around in the demo group sandbox to help learn the system while not affecting the data in your own group. We're also happy to coach users on the best practices via email or a phone call. As you pointed out there are a bunch of great tutorial videos too! Thanks again for the great review! Jim

Kristine from Phoenix Boys Choir

Awesome fundraising tool for our organization!

Our non-profit arts education organization has had a very positive experience with Silent Auction Pro. We look forward to using this great software and all of its features/capabilities even more as we move forward in 2020!

Pros

1. Excellent training and support by [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and his Silent Auction Pro team! 2. This quality software system really did its job from initial communications, to auction set-up, right through event night and beyond with solid reporting! 3. Its affordable price, combined with superior customer service and tech support, made the decision to purchase a no-brainer-- especially for a committee of nervous new users!

Cons

There *is* a learning curve for newbies, as with any other software package. However, the online tutorials as well as ample documentation with clear procedures made it as painless as humanly possible to get up to speed and functional with it.

Reasons for Choosing Silent Auction Pro

When we looked at the product descriptions, functionality and cost of each, the other three we looked at (after discarding Bidding For Good as mentioned above) didn't hold up to Silent Auction Pro. The one feature of SAP that sealed the deal was the PEOPLE behind the product, namely [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] from tech support. Thank you all!!

Cindy from Simi Valley Education Foundation

A Software that DEFINITELY Helps you Raise More Money

This was our first use of this software and we were very satisfied with the results we achieved the night of our event. The software is relatively easy to use - the modules are marked but you do need to take you time to make sure you are on the right page. The customer support was fantastic. Every time I had a problem or a question they were there to answer it. They were able to go into my site, analyze my problem and help me solve it. I did not use the registration part of the software since I purchased it too late to really get the benefit of that part of the program. However, I was able to push my guests to the site to register their credit card prior to our event. On the day of our event as our guests checked in we had a few banks of computers with people manning so that if our guests had difficulties they were there to assist. (I would recommend that for anyone using the program.) During the event, we were able to showcase our fundraising live as it happened. This aspect definitely helped generate more bidding and involvement of our guests.

Pros

Cons

The modules could be designed to be easier to differentiate.

June 2016

Celia from Garden Co-Op Nursery School

June 2016

Saved Us Time, Trouble And Confusion!

Before finding Silent Auction Pro, we were doing everything by hand. It took up a lot of everyone's time and led to a lot of frustration. After a very stressful night of having people waiting for us to hand calculate their winning bids and asking us every five minutes if we were ready, we decided there must be a better way to do this. A fundraiser should be fun! It has fun in the name! So I found Silent Auction Pro. It made such a difference to not have all of those people waiting for us to give them their winning items and invoices. And, checking out was quick. I highly recommend for events like silent auctions.

Pros

You can enter your donations one time and duplicate them if you have more than one or if you are repeating the same items the next year, you can see where your volunteers are in the process of getting their donations and they can mark their status, you can bundle lower value items together to make a larger basket and it is easy to do, the check in and check out at our event was fast! And, I was able to enjoy the actual event for the first time.

Cons

Not really a con, but a suggestion if you use this software: have a designated person in charge of using the software and train everyone to enter the information consistently. I think their best practices was helpful'it saves time to make sure you take that step so you don't have to edit a bunch of things later.

Emily from Friends of Falls Church Homeless Shelter, Inc.

Auction software - JUST PERFECT FOR US!

Three years ago was the first time we used SilentAuctionPro. And we used it again for this year's event. SAP handled our 450+ donations with five users, 200 auction items, online bidding by 225+ guests and the raffle ticket feature. We were able to train our volunteers on the AuctionDay features, and questions were quickly answered by the support staff via phone or email! The extensive help section allowed users to familiarize themselves with the various features, too. Tips for future users: start on soliciting donation early & use SAP to keep track of it all! We plan to use it again for our next silent auction event in two years. Great program, Silent Auction Pro. Leaps & bounds better than the days of paper bidding!

Pros

Add donor, add donation item, save! The extras are great:logos & pictures for displays, the communication tool saved us & we were able to message our bidders with auction highlights.

Cons

After our 2nd event, the system usage seemed more intuitive. We didn't realize how many features we could have used that first time! Would love the system to accept AmEx, not just Visa/MasterCard.

Response from Silent Auction Pro

Replied December 2016

Hi Emily - thank you for the review! FYI - You can accept AmEx, you just need to set up an AmEx account and give that number to Vantiv. Once it is set up just check the "Merchant Accepts AmEx" checkbox on the "Configure Merchant Account" page and AmEx will show up in the credit card select lists.

Amy from Amy Juba, CFRE

Silent Auction Pro is the BEST value available with amazing customer support!

As a nonprofit consultant, I have worked with a variety of nonprofit organizations on their gala auctions. I recommended Silent Auction Pro to a nonprofit pre-school for their gala. We utilized all of the features offered by SAP, including a live and silent auction, the mobile feature and the event planning features with a very user friendly table assignment function. The product is very responsive and intuitive, and helped this organization raise over $79,000 above sponsorships and ticket sales the night of the gala! Silent Auction Pro is without a doubt the best value of all auction products available. Jim Donnell and his team at SAP are extremely informative and helpful and are available for customer support nearly 24/7. I never had a question that wasn't answered politely and patiently on the first call. You do need to be a self-starter and allow enough time to self-train and train your committee members using the helpful You Tube videos, but their Support people are always available for questions and troubleshooting. If your organization is on a budget or just doesn't want to pay a lot of money for the auction and event features, Silent Auction Pro is for you!!

Pros

It is intuitive and and easy to learn. Support team is very responsive and is constantly updating the product. It offers the absolute BEST value of any auction software I have used or researched! The mobile product is clean and user-friendly.

Cons

Some of the functions are a bit hard to find. You do have to be a self-starter to research all of the functions and know exactly what is needed before the gala night to check in, check out, and close the auctions. I had to contact customer support several times throughout the evening for assistance.

Jessica from The Center for Emerging Visual Artists Ltd

Industry: Fine Art

The Support is Unparalleled

Pros

The price point for us was manageable - about half of what the other guys are charging. So many features we will take years to master them all. Don't worry - the support people have you back all the way through the process. They are truly on your team and will step you through click by click. SO many ways to get help. video. tutorial. PEOPLE! Stable - this is not a website that cranks out a storefront... it's a robust database. And it is stable and functional. Not a sexy GIU, but it works when you need it and that is valuable! It was a really good choice in the time of quarantine to choose SAP.

Cons

I wish I could have customized the site just a bit - and maybe I could, but we were under time crunch and it was not a priority. There are SO many features. it is important to follow the Best Practices so you don't get overwhelmed.

Reasons for Choosing Silent Auction Pro

They checked more of my must have features and fell in the right price category for what we expected to earn.

Heather from Sheboygan Service Club

Sheboygan Service Club

Silent Auction Pro is a powerful tool for fundraising events. Login is smooth for past members and new members of the organization. Once you're on the site for some time, it's neat to see all the various ways data can be sorted and viewed. Mobile bidding was an interesting transition for our group and guests, but I think it will become smoother every year. The software has made tasks for the auction and operations team smoother every year with the saved data. It was great to see our member's work real-time, so we knew where we were at for auction items and ticket sales. It's also great to have the data saved in one spot from year to year.

Pros

Silent Auction Pro helped our auction and operations team see data (auction items, ticket purchases) on a real-time basis. Previously, we relied on spreadsheets and emails, and version were easily confused and confusing. It was also great to tally up totals at the end of the evening quickly to make a grand total announce while all guests were present.

Cons

This was our organization's first time using mobile bidding and it was received with mixed reviews. It was confusing for some to login if they didn't receive an email. We will collect emails at registration next year to make it smoother. The QR codes on the items were great, but most guests did not already have the app on their phones. It was difficult, at times, to scroll through items. Lastly, it would be great to have a cross reference for "baskets" by individual. We weren't sure why the numbers continued from 2015 rather than starting fresh for the new event.

Heidi from WPES PTA

We have used Silent Auction Pro for the past three years to manage our school auction.

Pros

The biggest pro for our organization is the customer support. It's superb. Being a rotating group of volunteers, we don't always have the technical know-how to manage the software right out of the gate each year, but the team at SAP really helps get us there by being available, knowledgeable, and clear with their guidance. Other pros: the functionality is robust, allowing us to do everything we need (set up online, silent, and live components of our auction, plus sell raffle tickets and track a fund-a-need). The platform is well organized and easy to navigate.

Cons

It does take some time up-front to learn the software and all that it can do. Sometimes we worried that we weren't using it at its full capacity or were taking more steps than necessary to complete a task. However, I think this is particular to our situation, because our group changes every year.

Response from Silent Auction Pro

Replied April 2018

Thanks Heidi! Hopefully your team takes advantage of the online help and video tutorials we have to help folks come up-to-speed on the system. As always - we're here to help! -Jim

Lisa from Windsor Farm Elementary PTO

Industry: Philanthropy

Windsor Farm Elementary PTO Silent Auction Pro Review

Silent Auction Pro provided an ease and professional quality to our annual auction we had not previously enjoyed. In years past, our annual elementary PTO Fundraiser and Silent Auction was a tedious process. We would create our Bid Sheets and Display Sheets on separate programs. We would have another person create our event programs. Our donations would be logged in an Excel Spreadsheet. We would have ticket sales go through the office secretary. It wasn't seamless and it wasn't efficient. The checkout process at the event was also a mess as we didn't pre aucthorize credit cards and would have weeks of clean up trying to collect money from bidders who left without paying. Silent Auction Pro from the moment we received our first donation and our first ticket sale to the end of the auction provided a new ease and professional quality. The software is an Auction Administrators best friend as it tracked everything needed to make the event successful. We are a PTO of an elementary school and each year our auction makes a net profit of anywhere between $25-28,000. This year we had our most successful auction and I do believe it was because Silent Auction Pro freed up some of the time we used to spend on data entry. I was able to essentially run this auction by myself with the help of Silent Auction Pro. with over 300 auction items. I would highly recommend the program. The customer service was wonderful as I had many questions with this being my first time. It is an efficient tool to run a successful auction and event and I look forward to the opportunity to use this program again.

Pros

Easy to use, great customer service, able to manage all needs in one platform.

Cons

n/a

Kate from Damien Memorial School

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Great auction software, outstanding customer support

I would definitely recommend using this software to others and will use again myself. There is no doubt that we brought in more money using Silent Auction Pro. Pay attention to detail on the front side and the event will run seamlessly.

Pros

I had seen this software used as a guest at another event and sitting at our table, the excitement around driving the bids higher was impressive. So when it came for me to organize an event, I pushed for using Silent Auction Pro mobile bidding though we were uncertain that our clientele would be receptive. Post the event, the response was almost all positive, they loved bidding on their mobile devices and we made much more money from our silent auction. We particularly loved the automated winner text notification and giving them the opportunity to self check-out/pay, making it all so much faster and easier. From the point of view of the auction administrator, it made my life much easier with no last minute pulling an all nighter to produce bidding sheets, etc. The customer service was superb and personalized. Someone always answered my calls, no matter the hour and helped resolve the issue(s) I was having or if they couldn’t, they referred it to the developer who is the owner and soon afterwards all was resolved. I loved the reminders ahead of the event to ensure all was moving along smoothly and the personal calls to check in were very much appreciated. I felt fully supported at every step.

Cons

It was definitely challenging learning a new system but it was worth the time and effort. There were a few little quirks that need resolving and these I have shared with the developer.

July 2016

Jennifer from Charlestown Playhouse

July 2016

Great product

Silent Auction Pro completely changed the way we ran our annual silent and live auction. It took us out of the time-consuming task of tracking everything by Excel worksheets and allowed us to focus more on the actual fundraising.

Pros

We used this software to transition from using Excel worksheets (SO time consuming) to check people out from a live auction, to swiping credit cards and capturing their info for faster checkout. We were able to track our history of donors and popular items, and streamlined our request process to focus on what bidders really wanted. Selling tickets to the event became a much easier process as well. The software was intuitive, and the customer service was great.

Cons

While we loved our experience with Silent Auction Pro, we eventually felt we needed to switch companies to a platform that allowed for public searches of online auctions, rather than requiring a link and approval from an Auction Chairperson. We switched to another company in order to take advantage of a large and searchable/public auction community. However, that switch has cost us much more money. Instead, a strong marketing campaign on social media would bring the extra bidders without paying the more expensive subscription fee that the other company charged us. I will encourage the next Auction Chairperson to use Silent Auction Pro.

Response from Silent Auction Pro

Replied July 2016

Thank you for the review Jennifer! Regarding us not supporting a publicly searchable page - that's true though many of our customers prefer to keep their events private and use their own marketing efforts to reach bidders as you suggested. This also eliminates the need to potentially ship items to winners in any part of the country and reduces the likelihood of people backing out on an item they have won. We may add similar capability in the future if we find more demand for it. - Jim

September 2016

Julie from Samaritan Healthcare & Hospice

September 2016

Golf Tournament Auction - Great System!

This is our 2nd year using Silent Auction Pro for our Online Golf Tournament Auction. It has been a great experience using their system and the support team is excellent - always a quick response and very receptive and helpful. In the past 2 years, we have more than doubled the amount we have raised through the auction!

Pros

Their online bidding system has opened up our golf auction to new participants that are not able to attend the day of the event. We have been able to grow our bidders and this helps grow the auction revenue! The software is easy to use and simple for the bidder to get started and follow their bids. It is also very easy to close out the auction quickly and securely. Customer Support is excellent! They helped us through many questions and quickly resolved any issues to make our process and event smooth and fun! There are great reporting features that have allowed us to follow up and track the information, items, donors and bidders for the event.

Cons

Would love them to create an app associated with the software for the mobile bidders to easily connect to the online auction.

Response from Silent Auction Pro

Replied September 2016

Thanks for the review Julie! Regarding providing an app for mobile bidding. Silent Auction Pro does offer a mobile optimized website that in my opinion is better than an app in that it does pretty much everything an app can do but there's nothing to download to your phone and it never has to be updated. I'll give you a call to get some more information - Jim

October 2014

Scott from Newburyport Education Foundation

October 2014

This is our fifth year of using Silent Auction Pro for our annual fundraising auction for our public schools and we can highly recommend it. We looked at several competing products before deciding it offered the most-bang-for-the-buck for an Internet-based cloud solution (important for the ability to share access with many users). With only a few weeks to prepare, we were able to import the bidder and donor lists from previous auctions, set up all the new donation and auction items, export all the content for our printed program, run our auction smoothly and efficiently (the check-in and check-out process was MUCH improved from the previous years using spreadsheets), generate all reports needed to review and reconcile the results and easily print thank you letters directly from the software. Our bidders were all very impressed with how much better the auction ran that year and we raised over $41,000. Our experience was so positive with Silent Auction Pro, that we decided to try to take advantage of almost all of its many features. We added the online bidding and mobile bidding options after again reviewing competing solutions, including those that cost thousands of dollars. With more time to prepare, we had almost 300 items listed for bidding online, complete with pictures and links to donor web sites, and collected bids totaling more than $30,000 before our live event even started! I cannot begin to describe how excited our hardworking volunteers were to literally see the fruits of their labor increasing on their computer screens with larger and larger bid results every day of that online auction. We also took advantage of the integrated credit card processing feature, which allowed us to easily pre-register bidders and sell tickets online. We even had volunteers using iPads to check people in and enter bid results during the auction. And within minutes of the completion of final bidding at our live auction, I checked the results on my phone's browser and realized we had just raised over $56,000. Wow! THANK YOU SILENT AUCTION PRO! And a special thank you to your tech support for all the emails and phone calls you supported us with throughout the whole process. Look no further. You have found a terrific solution to your online, silent and live auction headaches. We'll certainly be back again next year!"

Tricia from Racine Art Museum

Really Good Auction Program

Once you play around with the program, it seems to be pretty user friendly. And what you do not know how to do or are having trouble with, there are lots of tutorials to lead you through the process. Plus the support staff is excellent and amazingly helpful.

Pros

A good way to track all donations and purchases. There are many features which make this very easy. The check-out system is pretty user friendly and works well. The support staff at SAP are great to answer questions and lead you through the process.

Cons

The first ticket purchase by a buyer only allows for the purchasers name, and does not let you reassign the name to someone else right away – you have to go back in and readjust. It worked but is a little bit clunky. A lot of data entry. As we were using this for the second time, some bits were easier as we could pull from past donors info. The bid sheets selected the donations that were entered first, which were not always the biggest selling points when bundling Setting up the bar tickets was a bit messy. Would be nice to be able to pull more specified reports from the program. Customize the report formats.

Eileen from St. Ambrose School

Industry: Fund-Raising

We used Silent Auction Pro for the first time this year and it was perfect!

We raised more money with less time and lower cost.

Pros

This was our first time running the school gala and we set out to find some new software to help us get the job done. With Silent Auction Pro we were able to do more with less - money, time and effort! From data entry to bid sheets, display sheets, program production, online bidding, ticket sales, day of event support, credit card payments (through a 3rd party which was also phenomenal), check in/check out and post event reports it was truly a joy to work this product and the support team. This was my 3rd job for several months (following my full time paid employment and running a busy household) I often found myself in need of support at 10 or 11 pm. I always found a friendly and helpful voice on the other end of phone. Moreover, with Silent Auction Pro, if you can dream it, you can do it. Any idea we had the team worked with us to bring it to successful fruition. They were always available to troubleshoot and even proactively offered corrections to problems I didn't even know I had! With the helpful of Silent Auction Pro we delivered the school's most successful fundraiser in years!

Leslie from Montclair Presbyterian Church

Solid auction software for an event of any size

Silent Auction Pro was very helpful in getting and staying organized for our auction. It is a fairly complex bit of software, so the first-time user may be a little daunted by all the options, but the support staff is always (And I do mean pretty much Always) available to explain things, and to help you figure out any issues. They can log in and look at your event with you, and give you real feedback, rather than just general suggestions, which is a huge help. The video instructional resources are also much more helpful that a printed set of instructions and are available on YouTube. It gave us a way to quickly determine how much we had made and which categories of items did the best. We also got a summary of who still hadn't paid for their items. We bought just the Core and Auction Day, and that was fine for our medium-sized auction (around 100 items and 150 attendees). A bigger event could definitely have benefitted from the features of the Auction Promoter, but we were able to sell tickets online and print all the materials that were needed with the package we got. Selling tickets online is very helpful, and the partnership that SAP has with Vantiv is a great feature. The folks at Vantiv are also very easy to work with and setting up the merchant account to accept credit cards was very smooth. However, I think there should be a non-profit rate because the cost was relatively high and went up at the beginning of 2017. Fortunately since we signed up 2 months earlier, we got the lower rate. We did have an issue that caused us some delay and confusion. We had some Celebrity Dinners that we knew would generate a lot of interest and would have multiple winners. We didn't want to use the set price option that is offered for multiple winners because we wanted the competition. We ended up with some delay at checkout because we weren't prepared for how to keep track of the multiple winners in that situation. However, I think that closer consultation with SAP's support staff in advance could have helped us avoid most of the delay (and all of the confusion). Overall this is a very good product, and I would definitely recommend it for an auction of any size.

Stephen from Family Promise of Clear Creek

Phenomenal Support

Our primary objectives were to: 1. Streamline the checkout process and make it easier for our donors. 2. Increase the size of our bids with respect to the Fair Market Value of the items. We achieved both of these objectives.

Pros

The product is great (and increased our bid-to-FMV ratio), but the support is phenomenal! In my "day job", I have been a software professional for 30 years. I have never seen the level of support that Silent Auction Pro delivered to us. They were very proactive in reaching out to make suggestions such as "you are now 4 weeks away from your event, so you should be thinking about these things...". They also offered and delivered a live training session at no charge for our personnel. When I called for help with a particular issue they often offered just to take care of the issue for me. That was especially helpful while we were in the middle of our gala/auction! The software provided all of the functionality that we had hoped for, as well as a number of benefits that we had not imagined. I highly recommend this as a solution to manage events which include an auction.

Cons

None that I can think of. We did a few things wrong this first time around, but that was because all of us have day jobs and did not spend adequate time to get up to speed and "didn't know what we didn't know". However the support staff did a great job helping us over those snags.

Reasons for Choosing Silent Auction Pro

Functionality and cost both met our needs.

Minette from Camano Chapel MOPS

Silent Auction Pro Bidsheet Pro

Silent Auction Pro is easy for anybody to "pick up," which is good since the team running the auction has an almost yearly turnaround. Also, the customer support is phenomenal, if and when I do need to talk to someone about features.

Pros

I have been working Silent Auction Pro for many years now for our auction fundraiser. We have a silent and live auction portion and this program works perfectly for all our needs. There are still even more cool features that if we took the time to look through a bit, we could make things run even more smoothly (i.e. notifying winners of their winning bids, creating thank you cards for afterward, etc.)

Cons

It'd be nice if we could change font size on bid sheets - we have an elderly clientele and I know the sheets might be hard to read for them.

Theresa from Love INC of the Greater Livingston Area

Silent Auction Pro was easy to learn and use

I will definitely use Silent Auction Pro for our next fundraising event. The ease of use, price, and functionality of the website were good for my team and I.

Pros

I like that the staff at Silent Auction Pro continually checked up on me to make sure that I understood everything that needed to be done before my fundraising event. This was my first time using Silent Auction Pro and that was a HUGE help. I also found the videos very helpful when learning how to use the system. My team and I found Silent Auction Pro easy to use and user friendly.

Cons

I didn't like that you are unable to create tickets without a person's name assigned to it. We have sponsors that are gifted anywhere from 2-10 tickets. Sometimes they use the tickets within the company and other times they give them to their customers. The system wasn't easy for my team to find the correct company since it was assigned to a name, not a company.

Response from Silent Auction Pro

Replied September 2019

Hi Theresa - thank you very much for the review! Regarding tickets having to be assigned to a person rather than a company. We do have a Company field in the contacts form and if you use that it will show up when searching for tickets to assign to a guest. As covered in the Best Practices, if you do not have a contact name for a company, use a first name of "Community Supporter" (or something like that) and put the company name in the Last Name field as well as in the Company field. This will make it easy when searching for tickets, and will also work for the Thank You letters. Jim

Helna from San Diego Site Pros, Inc. (dba Event Planning Pros)

Silent Auction Pro makes silent auction process simple and easy to use

The software is very simple and easy to use. There are features and functionality that can be improved, however, overall the whole process save you time and money. Highly recommended for fundraising events.

Pros

Ease of use and simplicity of the process.

Cons

Image upload is very limited to what is set in the system and color customization is not available. It will be nice if you can add more image in the registration page to at least match the event website. Data archive is very limited. You have to back-up data after each event, otherwise, it's gone. They're very good in sending reminders, however, having the data archive for future use provides convenience and assurance that at least you have a copy or your data in Silent Auction Pro.

Response from Silent Auction Pro

Replied March 2017

Thank you for the review Helna! Just to clarify - we ABSOLUTELY DO keep all your data for each event so you don't have to back it up. All contacts, attendees, donations, payment transactions, everything is still in the system and hosted for a year from your paid event. I think perhaps you are not understanding where to find your archived data. We've also added a new feature that allows you to upload an additional image for auction items. -Jim

Fred from All Saints Catholic School

Excellent Software and A Great Value

This software helps to keep all of our information and items collected in one location that can be accessed from any device connected to the web. It also helps guide you through the whole event by providing reports and many helpful printouts from bidder sheets, tracing reports and historical data.

Pros

Easy to use, able to accommodate almost any type of function for an event and outstanding customer support. This software can help remove many of the headaches and worries that go along with holding a fundraising event.

Cons

Need a better way to split payments for auction items. We always have two, three or more families that want to split payment for a large experience package.

Reasons for Choosing Silent Auction Pro

Ease of use and outstanding tech support

Brian from America SCORES Chicago

February 2016

Great customer service and a useful product getting better. Takes a little getting used to.

We have now used Silent Auction Pro for 3 years for our nonprofit gala. We started using it because it was the most cost effective way to take people's credit cards ahead of time for a more expedited check out process. Our board still doesn't want to go totally electronic, so we use it to sell tickets, to prepare the bid sheets for silent auction items, and to run the checkout process from our paper-based silent auction. Pros: once you learn the system, there are a lot of aspects to it that are very quick: preauthorizing credit cards; assigning arrivals to large group ticket packages (improved this year); inputting silent auction items; checking out. We love the fact that one person can sit down with all the bid sheets and enter winners into the system, and then all the user information pops up at the check out table with just a few clicks. Bundling donations into auction packages is a little bit clunky, but far better than the manual system we used to use. They are very clear and fair about the pricing, and you can easily scale (want just the processing, one price, add in the online portion, here's the addition, want live mobile bidding, here's the addition. The support was very responsive to every problem we had. Cons: The interface and website look a little bit dated. I would like a bit more flexibility in the ticket packages, either with discount codes or special price packages that only certain people could see. The interface isn't super intuitive, but once you know where things are it makes sense. I'd also like to see a little more flexible reporting after the event. Overall a strong product.

Response from Silent Auction Pro

Replied February 2016

Thanks for the review Brian and the listing of Pro's and Cons. We will be releasing "Promo Codes" for tickets this month along with several other minor enhancements. The online bidding and mobile bidding pages were recently updated to freshen the look. We're going to be doing the same to the online ticket purchase pages. -Jim

Lauren from Ape Cognition and Conservation Initiative

Intuitive System and Amazing Customer Service

We needed software to hold an in-person auction fundraiser event with only mobile/online bidding (so not to have to deal with paper bids, entering bids, etc. After researching other companies and piloting several "free trials", we decided to go with Silent Auction Pro because it offered all of the tools that we needed at a price that was much less than the nearest competitor. As the Auction Administrator, I found the system to be intuitive and well-labeled. There was no searching and clicking through pages and pages to try to find what I needed. It is all presented clearly on the home screen that has a few clearly labeled tabs that will take you directly to whatever you need. The system can be tailored to your needs - we wanted only online/mobile bidding and we did not need card readers. So - we only selected what we needed and did not have to pay for any whistles and bells that weren't necessary. We were able to easily create an online catalog with photos and descriptions of each auction item, and we were able to paste the URL of the catalog onto our social media sites and into emails, therefore driving up the public interest in the event. We were able to have attendees pre-register, so when they arrived there were no long lines at the check-in table. Check-out went smoothly, too. All you have to do to process a check-out is to enter a bidder number. It generates a list of items and you simply confirm that you want to use the credit card already in the system (or cash/check if the person wants to pay in that manner). It's that simple. I received helpful emails from support staff alerting me to "best practices" and "timelines" without even asking. These emails helped to keep the auction planning on track and really identified potential trouble spots before they happened. There are tutorials/training videos built into the software, so training support staff is easy - you do not have to create your own manual or training sessions, it's done for you!

August 2016

Jennifer from Allen Harbor Yacht Club

August 2016

A Stellar Experience with Silent Auction Pro!

I have just recently organized my first charity auction fundraiser using Silent Auction Pro. As a complete novice, I found tremendous value in their free whitepaper full of incredibly helpful best practices for organizing auctions. We evaluated three software programs and went with Silent Auction Pro because it completely met our needs at a very reasonable price. It was available in several components we could pick and choose from to pay only for what we needed. For example, our audience wasn't ready for the online bidding capability, so we did not have to pay for that set of features. (With a younger attendee base, I would have jumped at the online component.) I found the software incredibly easy to use and got up to speed quite quickly. It was also very easy to train my auction support staff and the company offers a number of great YouTube training videos to help with that.

Pros

The biggest (HUGE) benefit of working with Silent Auction Pro is that they are real, actual people that pick up the phone!!!!! Every time I called for questions or help, I spoke with a handful of extremely helpful, skilled experts in the software that walked me through every step of the way. This customer service is head and shoulders above any I have ever experienced before! They went over and above my expectations!

Cons

I can honestly say I can't offer any negatives. It exceeded my expectations in every way.

Using SAP for silent auction for a Non-Profit group.

Saves us so much time. Used to use excel and mail merge to create bid sheets. Then had to enter results into a shared Sheet. Checkout took a lot longer since had to search the sheet. Also never had an online presence before so this gives us access to more people.

Pros

Using this tool enables us to reach more people. I also like that checkout takes a lot less time and the customers like getting a receipt. The ability to print and check all the items from a donation or auction item perspective is so helpful when setting up. I also like the email feature so we can send messages to our patrons and Thank you notes to our donors. The ability to text winning bid status is fun too. Having the patrons credit card information helps make check out a breeze even if they are not present at the time of close out of the auction.

Cons

Minor glitches with downloading to excel if you use that option. Easy to clean up though. There is a lot to learn to get going with the software but once you understand it, it is easy to use and the customer service is excellent.

Ginny from Lake Highlands Elementary

Silent Auction Pro has exponentially increased our elementary school auction profit!

Savings of time, money and energy! A huge increase in profit over the last several years!

Pros

Silent Auction Pro makes the auction process seamless. Our school auction has gone from completely paper based, to silent auction with software, and then to mobile bidding over the past four years. Silent Auction Pro walked us through this process, helping us through each transition. The customer support we received was phenomenal. Their staff even looked for any issues and contacted me with assistance! In addition, we price compared several other similar services, and Silent Auction Pro was very cost competitive!

Michelle from FUMCR Youth Choir

March 2016

Perfect for our church auction

Our silent auction had been paper based for two years and we decided to take it to a web-based platform this year. It was a risk, but we did our research and reached out to three different companies for demos. The team from Silent Auction Pro was fantastic and answered all of our questions during the demo and post demo. Once we decided they were the right company for us - we got to work with set up. Our auction was tied to three performances and we wanted people to buy from any of the performances. The team at Silent Auction Pro worked with us to get it set up so people could sort by auction and also see all items. The response was incredible. Everyone loved shopping on their phones or the kiosk before the auction, then looking at the tables to check it our and bid. The kiosk mode was perfect for those not interested in using phones - it ranged from moms letting their younger children bid to people without the smart phones to people whose phones died during the auction! Then it was so easy to close out after each performance - took us 10 minutes, at most! it was awesome! Going from a paper auction to an online auction requires more advance work, but it is well worth it. We set up a "photo studio" (black paper on a table and wall) and took glamour shots of all the items. It really made things pop on the site. I suggest having two people enter the items - we had more than 200 items and it took more than a week of working on the event at night to get it loaded. But - in the end - we increased our take by almost 80%. It was amazing. People HATE to be outbid - and were bidding during the performances. I highly recommend watching the videos - invaluable. But calling tech support when you get stuck is great - they were so helpful and responsive. We already know we will be using Silent Auction Pro again next year - couldn't be happier with our decision.

Sandy from RS Productions

Industry: Music

The Perfect Solution for Us

Our guests LOVED the capability to do this and we raised DOUBLE out best year ever! THAT was truly amazing and we are so pleased with our decision to use SAP!

Pros

The software allowed us to do pretty much accomplish all of our goals for our auction. It streamlined both the bidding and the redemption portions of the auction which are the most time consuming. It went without a hitch at the event and we were beyond pleased with how it went and the amazing results!

Cons

We really did not dislike anything! Once we understood how it was structured, it was super easy to use and implement. We expected a learning curve, so that was not a surprise.

Reasons for Choosing Silent Auction Pro

Depth of functionality and commitment on the part of the company to support us...we ask a LOT of questions, like to be super over prepared, and SAP seemed (and delivered!) to want to make us successful and support us even on New Year's Eve!

Pam from San Francisco Women Artists

Industry: Fine Art

Our Nonprofit Benefit Auction Had Amazing Results!

The experience we had with Silent Auction Pro was excellent! The fact that we were able to raise triple the amount of our goal is incredible and we are truly appreciative of the proceeds we received to support our Recovery fund. We are planning another Online Auction soon.

Pros

The help support on the platform was great - providing answers to any questions we had, whether uploading the photographs of artwork, creating a banner or adding other admin support to the event. The Auction Items looked incredible and were very attractive to those who made bids on the work. The Registration process was very clear to the audience we targeted and the checkout after purchase was smooth. Loved the Thank You emails that can go out to the artist donors and the to the winning bidders.

Cons

I really loved the software - the fact that it addresses so many options for various needs of organizations can be a little overwhelming at first, but then with guidance of the Event Leader assigned to us it becomes easier to know what our organization needed to focus on.

Reasons for Choosing Silent Auction Pro

We reviewed various options when deciding which product to go with - after looking at what each offers and the pricing structure - Our decision was a no brainer - and we are happy we made the right decision.

Jennifer from Humane Society of Noble County, Inc.

Biggest Bang For Your Buck

My organization, the Humane Society of Noble County, Inc. in Kendallville, Indiana, recently used this software at our annual Raise the WOOF gala for homeless pets. I recommend this company to anyone looking for an affordable, easy to use system. It was user-friendly for both our attendees and our check-in/check-out staff. The training and support received before the event was excellent, and (the INCLUDED) technical support staff went above and beyond the night of the event when we had a few users that had trouble with the system (which turned out to be simple password errors and nothing to do with the SAP software). We used a different software company in 2016 - it was ridiculously expensive, complicated to use and technical support was NOT included, but could be purchased for another astronomical amount. SAP had REAL people call us to touch base, they kept in contact with emails, and everything we wanted was included in this system. I will be recommending Silent Auction Pro to our next fundraising committee!

Pros

Easy to use, does everything the company says it does, and affordable.

Cons

Absolutely nothing!

Tabitha from College Heights

Seamless Elementary School Event

Silent Auction Pro (SAP) helped us pull off a flawless event. The closing out portion after the auction ended was so seamless and easy to manage that less than two days after the auction I feel completely finished and ready to plan for next year. After some initial fiddling around with the software I finally picked up on how the upper tabs (Home, Group, Donations, Event...) are intended to be a linear progression in your auction planning. Rather than jump around in the software, it makes the most sense to just work in order and the earlier you start the better. I did have some difficulty figuring out which links to provide parents with and found myself constantly sending out different ones since we ran a pre-auction prior to the actual auction---this we will not do again because it didn't really help the event raise more money like I thought it would. I think a single auction event is better overall. At the actual event, we had about two thirds of folks showing up "blind" and a little unprepared and needed lots of personal attention for signing up. It wasn't until near the end of the auction that I realized I could have saved myself a lot of trouble if I had just asked for their phone number and I could have just texted the exact link to our auction. Lesson learned. The online tutorials are good for showing how to add contacts and donors but I think the one showing how to bundle items could me more clear with the verbiage as I had no clue what bundling really meant until someone explained the process to me. Having had some hiccups along the way, which were most likely my own fault for not more thoroughly reviewing the Help page, I'm looking forward to next year. Knowing that all of my donor contacts and information will be sitting in SAP waiting for me to take action when the time comes is very appealing.

Tricia from St. Joseph Catholic School

Silent Auction Pro provided the best customer service, especially on the day of my event.

Benefits from this software is hands down the customer service. Silent Auction Pro is extremely professional, reliable and overall a fantastic software with a fantastic staff. The customer service is the best, especially when you talk to them several times on the day of your event. I was overly stressed about many things leading up to our event but my software was the one thing I had no worries about. I knew I could make a phone call or send an email and have a response immediately.

Pros

There are many things that I liked about the software. Some of my favorite features are the reporting, easy navigation and setup features that were used for our online ticket sales. We did not use the bid number feature but have learned from this year; we will want to use that feature next year. Silent Auction Pro makes everything so easy. However, the one thing that makes them outstanding is their customer service. Anytime I had a question, they were there and they were there with the answer I needed. Thanks again for a great experience! I am looking forward to working with ALL of you in the future.

Cons

There is not a perfect software for anything, everyone knows that. There are a couple little things I would like to see differently but we will work together to come up with a solution for those items before the next event!

Bridget from Friends of Pulaski

Great software for the price.

Pros

I like the amount of support we receive. The amount of help available is very useful. I like all of the tutorials on the admin side.

Cons

ITs not the most user friendly. There are a lot of steps between registering and bidding. I felt like you needed to make sure people were registered then make sure it hey had a cc added and then make sure you could charge that card at checkout. Seemed like a lot of steps for the users.

Response from Silent Auction Pro

Replied May 2017

Hi Bridget - thank you for the review. It sounds like you might have not understood the registration process. If you are selling tickets through Silent Auction Pro then anyone who purchases a ticket is automatically signed up for online bidding and their credit card is stored securely on file. The same applies for someone just signing up for online bidding. It is possible for an administrator to enter a contact into the system and then put a credit card on file for them, and they still not be signed up as an online bidder. That's not the way to sign someone up for online bidding. It sounds like that may have been what you were doing? -Jim

Jason from Vestavia Hills Soccer Club

OUTSTANDING SOFTWARE! ESSENTIAL FOR FUNDRAISING!

INCREASED REVENUE AND AN EXPEDITED CHECKOUT! It was priceless and we will be using from here on out! At first, the site can seem daunting, but with a great support staff and intuitive software with some key 'go to' areas to get to easily, Silent Auction Pro is essential to any live and silent auction!

Pros

Our first time using SAP, and it was a huge success! We love the online bidding via your phone at the event. Online bidding increased our revenue by 100%... it is easy to set up and even easier to use! Online registration allowed for the easiest checkout process ever! Our attendees loved the software and found it extremely easy to use, intuitive, and simple! Forgot to mention how easy it was to set up ticket sales too! It was so easy to set up and allowed for upsales and was even easier for our supporters! Get this software and use it all! You won't be disappointed!

Kim from Boy Scouts of America

The auction is awesome, having the website to organize al of the items makes getting ready so much e

Pros

I like that it lets us have an online auction time, table only time and then we can put what is left back on the site. I also like that it keeps track of who donates each item and which account it goes into at the end.

Cons

Having to take each item from a D to an A number seems like too many steps. If you could just make it an A number and then have to review it, it would be less steps.

Response from Silent Auction Pro

Replied May 2017

Hi Kim - thank you for the review! The reason you convert donations to auction items is that allows you to combine multiple donations into a single item which is very common. Example would be the limo ride, theater tickets and a gift certificate for dinner could be combined together to make "A Night on the Town". That is done through the bundling flow. In cases where one donation becomes one auction item, you can use the auto-convert page and very easily convert all your individual donations to individual auction items with a couple clicks of the mouse. Being able to support the concept of bundling is very important. Hope this explanation helps! -Jim