All TicketSource Reviews

Reviewed May 2018

Fabulous.Made it so easy for me to sell tickets and promote my show.

PROS

Easy to set up in the first instance, very easy to operate both from a customers point of view and from an administrative point of view. Easily amendable and controllable for an admin, if changes needed to be made and on top of that, paid out extremely quickly.

CONS

Nothing, it worked perfectly for me. I found it perfect for what I needed - I really do not have any cons for this product,

Thanks for the great review! We always appreciate feedback and if you do have suggestions on how we can improve, get in touch ;)

Replied May 2018

Angelica

Entertainment, 11-50 employees

Reviewed September 2023

Island Shakespeare Festival LOVES TicketSource!

PROS

Being able to respond to folks quickly with questions and change their reservations in a flash, make our own maps, the customization, the TicketSource customer service.

CONS

The only thing that we couldn't figure out how to do was exchange for a ticket that was on a sliding scale to another performance - which I don't think was an available option. It would be great if it could be! But I'm sure you could have done if from your end if we had asked :)

Reasons for switching to TicketSource

Eventbrite was clunky and hard to customize to our needs. We found TicketSource, loved the customer service and the ability to make our mission, values, and pay what you will model function as a ticketing model!

Hi Angelica, thank you so much for your glowing review, and we are pleased to hear your transition over to TicketSource has been so positive. We will pass on your feedback regarding exchanges.

Joseph

Museums and Institutions, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed October 2023

Fine

PROS

used for an event last year, was fairly average

CONS

Not as good as other event management tools

Hi Joseph, thank you for sharing your experience of using TicketSource

Colin

Events Services, 1 employee

Peace of mind.

Excellent, you're on my Christmas card list :-)

PROS

I have previously used Eventbrite, not any more, TicketSource is simpler to use which works well for me as a small business, it has lower charges which means i can make my events more affordable which is important to me as its not all about profit, the information access is straight forward, I'm kept informed of things i may need to do and all in all I couldn't be happier with TicketSource, I will continue to use them.

CONS

That I didn't find it earlier and had to use Eventbrite.

Reasons for switching to TicketSource

Eventbrite are too expensive for a small business, i didn't like the fact they charged everything at the same price per bracket, too complicated to use, the information I was getting back was inaccurate and all over the place, all in all not a happy chappy with them, when i compared them to TicketSource it was a no brainer to remain with TicketSource.

Hi Colin, Thanks very much for your glowing review pleased to hear the transition over to TicketSource has been so positive. We are hoping the customer support 1 star may have been an oversight but if there is anything we can do to improve in that area, let us know.

Replied February 2024

Kate

Performing Arts, 11-50 employees

Reviewed December 2021

Very good. Would heartily recommend for amateur production groups.

PROS

Really helpful over the phone support when I started using the system.

CONS

It would be helpful to have a ticket sales report breaking down cash and online sales in one report

Reason for choosing TicketSource

Cheaper booking fee More user friendly and eye catching website

Hi Kate, thanks very much for your review. Just to advise the sales report will give you a breakdown of payment types. Please get in touch with our support team and we would be happy to go through this with you.

Replied December 2021

Kieren

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Reviewed November 2023

School Production

The Overall experience was very good and allowed us to sell tickets for our show in a very efficient way.

PROS

It was very easy to use without any experience and had nearly all the features we needed.

CONS

Setting up the seating blocks and allocating costs per seat. I can see how this can be done but would have been easier if we could allocate per seat rather than setting this up as different seating blocks

Reasons for switching to TicketSource

We have stopped using Wisepay as it was not reliable and could not sell to the general public

Hi Kieren, thank you for taking the time to share your experience using TicketSource.

Replied November 2023

Sue

Entertainment, 11-50 employees

Reviewed September 2023

Useful tool for selling and monitoring ticket sales

This is an amazing tool for selling tickets. The only hiccup I had was when someone was able to book a wheelchair and carer seat as normal tickets when those seats had been marked as wheelchair and carer seats. I don't know how that could have happened.

PROS

Very user friendly. I love the sales reports which quickly give you an idea of what has been sold.

CONS

Not having ever set up online ticketing before it was a bit of a daunting task with all the various drop down bars with all the different options for setting up an account. I had to ring up for help a few times but always got good advice and was pointed in the right direction.

Reason for choosing TicketSource

I know a few amateur dramatics groups in the area who use TicketSource who like to use it so that is good enough for me.

Hi Sue, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Please do get in touch with the team if you would like to discuss your wheelchair position setup in more detail.

Alison

Performing Arts, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2024

Excellect choise for Self managed event ticketing

Excellent choice for our needs as a community group.

PROS

Easy to set up and manage. Easy access through usual browsers on PC and phone, with addition of mobile app for Front of House . Multiple users with ability to set up different roles for each. Flexible to our requirements

CONS

Initially found it clunky in parts of the setup as some information was repeated per individual event, but got easier with more use.

Reason for choosing TicketSource

Other products required us to be set up as a company at company house as they only allowed Stripe as a payout method. Ticketsource allowed a simple bank transfer once our event were finished.

HI Alison, thank you for sharing your experience with using TicketSource. We are pleased that you have found it simple to use now that you are up and running.

Replied February 2024

Performing Arts, 1 employee

Reviewed June 2023

So easy for ticketing shows

PROS

Very intuitive package, easy for first time use. Found help easily and via chat for a specific fix. Prising options easy to select# and flexible. Front of House reports and reservations were easy to find/use. Good value for money. QR code generation and web links to share to my ticketing page were easy and helped show professionalism. A bit of me expected problems ticketing a show for the first time - I need not have worried.

CONS

Explanation of follow-on e-mail permissions might have been more overt. Maybe I missed it, but few people opted in and thinking now I should have focused on that more.Can reports be downloaded to Excel?

Recommended

Hi Mark. thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. Customer details and their marketing consent can be exported by heading to 'Customers > Export Customers' give us a call if you would like to discuss in more detail.

Replied June 2023

Alan

Entertainment, 1 employee

Reviewed November 2023

GRUeSOMe thrived thanks in part to TicketSource's facilities

Excellent services. Answers on the end of the phone, instantly sorting out any issues, be that ticket exchanges, or booking additional tickets. The complete event package

PROS

Eas of use, complete package, always helpful assistance on hand.

CONS

Being new to this type of system, it took me a while to see how beneficial and helpful ticketsource were.

Hi Alan, Thanks for your glowing review. We look forward to welcoming you back for your next event!

Replied December 2023

Shelley

Religious Institutions, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2024

Ticket Source is the best!

PROS

Ease of use both as a manager of the site and for customers buying tickets. Also, customer service was amazing!

CONS

Just a little nervous because we've never used them before and would not be getting our money until the end of our shows. But they contacting us right away with final total and the money was in our account when they said it would be there!

Hi Shelley. Thank you for taking the time to leave your review and for putting your trust in us.

Replied March 2024

Maxine

Reviewed January 2017

Reliable and efficient

We have been using Ticketsource for at our theatre for approximately 5 years now. The system works well for our customers who can book seats at a time that suits them and we do not have to be on site to take bookings. As a small venue this is very cost effective for us as we do not have to staff a 24hour box office. Our staff we find the systems straightforward and reliable. We have all the booking details at our fingertips, so we are able to answer customer queries efficiently. Archive materials are easily accessible which makes financial reconciliation straightforward and transparent. We are able to link directly to our website and can also benefit from the wider Ticketsource community on line. Ticketsource allows us to customise each event to our own needs allowing us to create tailor made seating plans, pricing structures and booking discounts and incentives. We can add information and publicity material to each performance. Customer support is very good with a number of options including FAQ's to assist with basic problems, an on line help facility and a telephone help line. The site also includes very helpful tutorials for setting up events and trouble shooting, which are brief and not at all patronising. Ticketsurce also allows us to run our own box office at strategic times and as much of our business is from schools, dance schools and local amateur companies within a small radius of the venue, it means that customers have the option not to get involved in the extra cost of booking fees. It would help us greatly as a venue if there were an option to print off whole shows with all the ticket prices on one ticket, as many amateur groups who sell within their own small community like to take possession of all the tickets to sell directly. I am aware that this does not benefit Ticketsource and would make accounting for ticket sales impossible, but many of our clients would prefer to have multiple prices on each ticket, enabling them to highlight the price paid or to cross off the other prices. I'm not sure if other venues would benefit from this service and I fully appreciate that we may be in the minority. I would certainly recommend Ticketsource to venues of all sizes as it really is a complete package. The rates are reasonable and the support is excellent

Hi Maxine, Thank you for writing a brilliant review! It's great you've taken the time to lay out your use case to inspire others. I've passed your feedback on to the Support team who will be in touch with you soon. Customising the ticket template is something we can do already for you :)

Replied January 2017

Andrena

Events Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed July 2023

Our new ticketing partners

TicketSource has improved our customer experience. The support is excellent and the software easy to use. Integrations with other payment merchants and mailing providers was also simple and seamless.

PROS

having used other ticketing software it was refreshing to use a system that simply worked well. Our customer's had a far better experience with TicketSource which meant we had far less correspondence to deal with. It was easy to set up various ticketing options, discounts, comp tickets etc and track it within the data.

CONS

It was hard to find a good way of scanning tickets at large quantities particularly in a field without laptops.

Reasons for switching to TicketSource

We had a huge amount of correspondence about tickets not being received.

Hi Andrena, thank you very much for taking the time to leave your review, and we are really pleased your transition over to TicketSource has been a success.

Replied July 2023

Peter

Music, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2022

Excellent booking system for small organisations

We needed a system to enable customers to book online, and TicketSource enabled us to achieve that very easily, and at modest cost. Since implementing the system in 2015 for Beverley Chamber Choir, I have set it up for three other organisations. Customer support, on the few occasions when I've needed it, has been very responsive.

PROS

TicketSource is easy to use once you've become familiar with all the options, and you can quickly set up new events. It offers a good deal of flexibility to allow for a fairly wide range of ticketing and seating requirements. Our local Tourist Information Office (who sell tickets on our behalf)also find it easy to use.

CONS

Options are limited when running a series of concerts with reserved seating and discounts for booking multiple events. This is, however, understandable in a product that has to cater for a wide range of users and I've always found ways to configure TicketSource to achieve a satisfactory end result.

Thank you very much for providing your feedback Peter. We are pleased to hear that your overall experience has been positive,

Replied June 2022

Denis

Music, 2-10 employees

Reviewed July 2023

Glad we switched to TicketSource

Excellent. I'm very glad we made the change

PROS

Customisable Box Office; non-profit discount; support (human and on-line

CONS

It's not really a con. I would like even more opportunity to customise the ticket shop

See above

Reasons for switching to TicketSource

1. TicketSource is the least expensive of the apps we reviewed. Discount for non-profits very welcome.2. Paid out when they said they would.3. TicketSource has much the same facilities as previous provider.4. It’s easier to set up events in TicketSource than in the previous app we used.5TicketSource allows users to customise the appearance of the ‘ticket shop’ to a greater extent than the previous app.6. App embedded easily in a page on our website. Previous app supplied HTML code that needed modification to ensure that the embed was sized correctly 7. I find the online support for TicketSource is an improvement on our previous provider. Their knowledge base is good and video tutorials excellent. The TicketSource Team contacted me (unprompted) after I posted my first test events.

Hi Denis, thank you very much for sharing such detailed feedback. I am sure others will find this information very useful. We are so pleased your switch to TicketSource has been so positive.

Replied July 2023

Entertainment, 51-200 employees

Reviewed January 2019

Excellent System

PROS

Ticketsource is an excellent Box Office system, great customer support and always adding new features.

CONS

Nothing really, its a great system, does exactly what it should do without too much complication!

Hi Paul, thanks so much for taking the time to leave your review. Glad to hear you are still getting on well with our services and thanks for your continued support. All the best.

Replied January 2019

Reviewed January 2017

Hard to fault TicketSource

I have been using TicketSource for 18 months and once you get to understand what the various options are and how to deal with the charges (fee added on in full or fixed amount etc) it is simplicity itself to use thereafter. Help is at hand if you don't understand the online instructions. Copying and then amending an existing event to create a new event makes life very easy as you do not have to enter all the regular details each time. Reporting is excellent on both customers and event ticket sales and having emails when there has been a sale is an excellent facility to keep track of progress on ticket sales. Funds are always trafsferred soon after the event has ended and there has never been any problem reconciling the amounts received as each event is paid separately and matches the sales report. Could not be simpler. As a rural venue it has added to our customer base with almost 20% of ticket sales now being online rather than purchased in our two local shops or at the door. Furthermore most new customers tick the box that allows us to add them to our emailing list for event information. Our list has doubled in the past 12 months, mostly due to new online purchasers asking to be added to it.

Hi Paul, thank you for taking the time to provide a very informative review. It's lovely to hear how your customer list has doubled as more and more people hear about your events. We were also delighted to read how helpful you have found the reporting tools. All the best.

Replied January 2017