Peek PRO Tour Operator Software Reviews

FrontRunners 2022

Review Highlights

Pros and Cons

• icon"Simple, easy to use, great team backing you up as an extension of your own organization."
  • icon"For small businesses or businesses just starting out the fact that there is no cost to the business is awesome. The small Peek fee is passed on to the customer."
  • icon"The onboarding team was amazing. Knowledgeable, efficient and very patient."
  • icon"The learning curve at first can be a little frustrating, but I think that is to be expected with any new software."
  • icon"The setup was layed out crazy no one could really understand it it would also take up too much time trying to figure it out."
  • icon"In some situations this created a problem because the customers account would have $250 in held funds until the original $100 was returned. We found a work around, but it wasn't ideal."

Have you used Peek PRO Tour Operator Software and would like to share your experience with others?

All Peek PRO Tour Operator Software Reviews

Jeffrey

Company size: 2 - 10 employees

Sleek customization + ease of use

Ruth

Industry: Fine Art

Great value, amazing support!

Peek Pro streamlines our booking process and allows us to focus on running a business while also allowing customers to book at their leisure. Their support team is top notch too.

Pros

I love that Peek doesn't have a monthly subscription fee, and their credit card fees / booking fees are very reasonable. They have extensive help articles and 24/7 chat support. The onboarding and support teams really go the extra mile to make sure it's a good experience for you. The software itself is very flexible and thorough. It's web based and also a mobile app. I predominately use the web. It has resource management to keep from overbooking and has options for activities to start at specific times / intervals, as well as a setting to stop accepting bookings x hours before the activities start and allows you to black out dates without removing the activities from your calendar. The reporting features are easy to use and they also send you a weekly snapshot of your activities and forecast for the month. Overall, Peek Pro saves me a lot of time by taking care of the entire booking process for me, and increases the amount of bookings we receive because customers can book online 24/7.

Cons

The calendar can be tricky and isn't as flexible as I'd like. You create your activity first then go to the calendar to add the activity. Once it's added if you want to change the slots you basically have to delete the entire thing and do it again. I end up adding the same activity 3 or 4 times to get it right, but once it's done, it works awesomely. There isn't an option for auto-generated or weekly reports nor an option to set the beginning of the week (our week starts on Monday, not Sunday) so each time I run a report I have 5 or 6 extra clicks before downloading the file. I also haven't been able to connect it to quickbooks (desktop version).

Response from Peek Travel

Hi Ruth! Thanks for your kind words. It's great to read that you've been utilizing both our helpdesk articles and our 24/7 Partner Support team. We always want our Partners to be in charge of their own business, and use our software to do so.

Replied October 2018

Rena

Peek PRO booking software = smooth sailing for our boat business!

Pros

Peek PRO software is so simple and easy to use, and it makes our booking process seamless. The software ties into our website so well, and our customers always comment on how easy it is to book a sail with us. We appreciate the real time booking, calendar updates, automated confirmation/reminder emails and all the support that goes along with using the Peek system. Their customer support team is awesome, and always help us out in a timely manner. We truly couldn’t be in business without Peek PRO!

Cons

There are a few bugs or software quirks that we find from time-to-time since we rely on this system 100%. However, with that said, whenever we have an issue, the amazing Peek Support team helps us resolve it, or find another way to execute something, within a timely manner.

Reasons for choosing Peek PRO Tour Operator Software

We chose Peek PRO based upon a similar business’ recommendation, and we are so glad we did!

Response from Peek Travel

Hi Rena, we're so glad this recommendation paid off and that you're finding Peek Pro useful for your business. We strive to offer the best platform for businesses like yours and continue to work on ways to provide the best booking system out there. Our customer support team is always available for any issue you may have so please keep contacting us if you ever have a question! Our features are designed with partners like you in mind so we're so glad to hear that you find them key to your operational needs. Please let us know if you ever have any questions in the future!

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

AVOID AVOID AVOID AVOID AVOID AVOID - Especially if you want to get your money.

I was actually beginning to fully understand the Peek software and finding more useful functionality but the accounting side of the house is a disaster. Payouts take forever. For a tour booked June 7 I still do not have the funds today, June 15. I had a recapture on a security deposit May 8 but as of today still do not have the funds. Nearly $1200 in damage to a rental vehicle I paid to repair but waiting 6 weeks for customer funds. If you issue a refund to a customer even before you get the money, they give you the money then put your account in arrears and stop paying out any reservations even when they have far more money than the arrears balance. Customer chargebacks are in a vacuum. The dispute department ignores all of your emails and does not reply to your response to the chargeback so you even know if they are advocating for you. This has been a terrible experience. If you want to get paid for your reservations or damage deposits timely, I recommend avoiding Peek at all cost.

Pros

Some of the features are useful. Steep learning curve if you are new to this type of software but I do think the list of features is robust.

Cons

Calendar is impossible to look at if you have several products. Does not have all the functionality I need. What I really disliked most about this company is the accounting department. Accounting is the weak link with Peek. Most of the customer service representatives are very nice and try to be helpful but accounting hides behind customer service representatives that are there for technical support and other concerns. You have to call and call for answers. They do not get back to you, no system for escalating issues. Requests to speak to managers are ignored. Unless you call and call there is no movement on your concerns and some customer support representatives are downright rude.

Reasons for choosing Peek PRO Tour Operator Software

Peek was recommended to me by my web developer. They did a great job on my website and let me know Peek is fully integrated with them. Because they did such a great job, I gave Peek credibility they did not earn and didn't even shop it.

Kenneth

Industry: Recreational Facilities and Services

September 2022

Beyond Rentals

From the first contact through onboarding and beyond I have always felt the

Pros

Rental programs rely heavily on the support staff and ability to easily navigate. The superb support is what keeps loyal and the fact I feel my voice is heard for new features

Cons

The software currently lacks the ability to track service or hours of use for our product for maintenance but does allow to identify specific product at time of rentals

Eddie Risser and Jarrod Swanson were amazing emissary for the product

Reasons for switching to Peek PRO Tour Operator Software

Support was lacking and at the time no affiliate programs

Gary

Peek is everything we needed

Automating many regular tasks, including guest followup emails, waivers. As well as connecting directly to OTAs so they have our exact availability and no longer have to check multiple sites to update availability.

Pros

We really like the simplicity for setting up new products. And appreciate the software updates that continually improve the booking software.

Cons

Not optimized for Android tablets or cell phones.

Reasons for choosing Peek PRO Tour Operator Software

The tech service was what sold us and continues to solve any issues we may have.

Reasons for switching to Peek PRO Tour Operator Software

Back end was very cumbersome to build new product and took extra time to train anyone new on the software. As well as there quarterly costs.

Response from Peek Travel

Hi Gary - Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. It's great to hear how our Digital Waivers and OTA Integration helps make your business succeed. As you said, we are constantly looking for ways to update the software to provide the best experience for all our partners. We look forward to continuing working with you in the future!

Else-Jean

Industry: Recreational Facilities and Services

Software that Streamlines our Front Desk Procedures

We appreciate how this integrates with our website, and allows customers and employees to complete bookings. Our front desk team is able to increase efficiency, and have a more professional approach to customer reservations.

Pros

Peek Pro is easy for our employees to learn, and easy for customers to use when booking our services. Peek Pro's customer support team is always quick to answer our questions.

Cons

The gift card system needs to be updated. Only customers are able to buy gift cards, our employees are unable to help customers that want to buy it in person. We can do promo codes in place of gift cards, but it's not a great work around.

Reasons for choosing Peek PRO Tour Operator Software

I've seen Fare Harbour on a competitor's website, and didn't appreciate the front end presentation. Peek Pro seems to have a better customer facing side.

Response from Peek Travel

Hi Else-Jean, Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us! We're so glad you've found Peek Pro simple to use and helpful for both your team and customers. Our customer support team is always available to help if you have any questions moving forward! We value your comments regarding gift cards and take them into consideration when updating the site next! Please don't hesitate to reach out to our team if you have any other comments or questions related to the software.

Kevin

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Exactly what I was looking for in a booking system for a tour company.

Sales team was extremely helpful and honest, giving me an excellent overview of the capabilities of the software. They let me play with the software BEFORE the demo so I had time to figure things out and ask specific questions. Any time I had followup questions the onboarding/training support was lightning fast.

Pros

Easy to understand. Overall configurability. Excellent mobile app. Built in waivers. Built in reports. The ability to do point of sale. Full control of cancellations, refunds, emails, etc. Advanced pricing and availability rules. Potential to integrate with other marketing software. Ability to do manual bookings. The list goes on and on...

Cons

Sometimes things can be difficult to find. The placement of important/frequently used buttons needs to be re-thought out a bit. Sometimes when you delete things there are still references to it in other places, which then requires a bit of extra cleanup. It also would be helpful to have a small info button next to certain things that helps explain/teach the user.

Reasons for choosing Peek PRO Tour Operator Software

The right mix of functionality and simplicity to be able to quickly and easily support myself. They also waived certain fees due to my level of software experience, they knew they were not going to have to hold my hand.

Response from Peek Travel

Hi Kevin! Thanks for the detailed review. Great to hear you're enjoying the long list of features and it's been easy to understand. Your suggestions are much appreciated as we are constantly working to improve. Keep reaching out to us as questions come up! We're here to help :)

Replied September 2019

Karen

Glad I Choose Peek PRO

I use this software to book customers on walking tours and sell them add-ons. The customizable booking flow makes the add-ons less obtrusive than the software I used previously. Peek PRO also has more marketing capabilities like tracking abandoned shopping carts, key to converting lost customers into sales. So far my experience has been very positive. Support was always available to me during the onboarding period and now that I am past that, highly responsive.

Pros

Peek PRO is easier to use than the booking software I used previously - more intuitive about where things are and how to find them, easier to create promotions, configure options. The booking flow is fully customizable to offer the best possible experience for customers.

Cons

Because I was using something else for quite a long time, it's challenging sometimes to change the way I think to work with Peek PRO but I think that is more about learning the product than the product itself.

Reasons for switching to Peek PRO Tour Operator Software

I like to do things myself, but sometimes find something I need support to do for me. But more and more, when I requested something from support, it took two or three attempts before it was done properly.

Natasha

Good so far

So far everything has been easy, great support and we are getting all the bugs figured out.

Pros

Loved the setup help, love the simplicity, easy for customers and my staff

Cons

It would be great if there was an option for weekly series and multi day tours. Having to scroll through to find the activity vs. being able to search is annoying.

Reasons for choosing Peek PRO Tour Operator Software

Ease of setup and low cost to get set up.

Reasons for switching to Peek PRO Tour Operator Software

Zaui was too complex and hard to use for both customers and staff.

Industry: Maritime

Bella Luna Yacht Peek Review

Pros

I do like having the capability of having an online booking calendar that my clients can book themselves.

Cons

All features do not work with all integrations. I need my Peek Calendar to sync with my Google Calendar. But, Peek will not integrate with Rental Bookings. The affiliate program (partner program) is WAY too basic. I need to be able to assign each affiliate their own unique affiliate code that they can promote along with graphic ad assets and more comprehensive reporting.

Reasons for choosing Peek PRO Tour Operator Software

I was deceived by your sales rep, Garrett, who stated I would be charged a flat rate of $35 per booking and nothing more. By the time we started seeing bookings and the additional charges for everything, it was too late. I'm SUPER disappointed in this bait and switch tactic.

Elyse

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Ability to interact with reservations/ reservation information is too limited

Super helpful staff. Incredible onboarding process. Constantly checking in on us. However, issues like not being able to simply interact with individual customers after a booking is made or easily see the waivers associated with each participant on a trip have twice been passed off as complicated for larger tour operators. I have a mocked-up screenshot of what this could look like if anyone is interested. I think it would be a helpful addition to your manifest for large and small tours, would make looking at and managing your bookings easier on both operator and customer. It looks like this: In manifest, when you click details, you see the main contact for a trip then Adult #1 Adult #2 and so on and so forth. Under each Adult# you would see an email (the email entered by the main contact when they forwarded waivers). Under that you would see a checkbox for each of the waivers that have been submitted by that individual (you should also be able to click these so you can see the waiver associated with that person) under that the "send email drop down menu" would show. So at a glance you could see what is not signed and then just scroll down and select the "waiver reminder" email and click send for each person who has not signed.

Pros

I like how easy it is to learn how to set up a calendar or product or activity. I like the all-inclusive feel of the check-out. I like the ability to customize emails, have waivers signed in the program itself and all the customer information tracked by booking.

Cons

In the last few weeks of trying to get our business going (and during these times everything is very up in the air) I have been particularly frustrated with the ability to interact with bookings and information in bookings once they are made. Example one: once a booking is made, if I want to send an email to someone that is not a stock email, I can't do that from Peek. Now we have two communication threads. One in Peek and one in my business email. Which would be fine if I could somehow link the two but I can't Example two: This is a bigger issue for me because it makes following through with steps after booking the responsibility of the customer/ main contact only. For me this is creating an extra step. Once the main contact gives me the names of other folks they are booking, I want to be able to send reminder emails directly to those folks. So Peek is collecting their emails when the main contact sends an "invitation to waiver" email, but not storing them in a way where I can interact with them. If 4 of 10 people have not signed their waivers, I have to ping the main contact (I would probably send them a personal email because I cant clarify WHO hasn't signed in Peek) and then get them to remind others. It makes much more sense to be able to have the software retain the emails as they are forwarding waivers to others and then tour operators can click a dropdown below each persons name to send them reminder emails. We should also be able to see what is outstanding for each

Reasons for choosing Peek PRO Tour Operator Software

We liked the pricing model, the people and the overall ease of set up and use after the fact. However the issues I am having now are things you don't really run into until you actually start booking trips.

Aiden

Excellent Company & Software!

I can't say enough good things about the people @ PeekPro, our partnership manager, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], is basically an extension of our internal team. Everyone that we have worked with from initial deployment to operations has been a joy to deal with.

Pros

The software and app are extremely easy to use and provide all the features needed under one software for us to run our business. From booking, to waivers, to payments/on-site POS and review management all is run from within this single offering. We even faced a couple of automated resource management setup challenges during deployment, PeekPro worked with us to find a unique configuration that would work and setup a call with the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] so they could understand what changes in the future would help.

Cons

PeekPro are always releasing new features and additions, they listen to feedback we have yet to find anything that has hindered our operations.

Jessamyn

Industry: Museums and Institutions

User Friendly

Overall, the company is easy to work with and the software too!

Pros

Peek is really easy for the user and our guests. The back-end took us a little bit of time, but honestly not much. And the guest experience is very simple!

Cons

I wish it had a couple of more customizable options - like discounts for specific tours instead of one overall discount code.

Reasons for choosing Peek PRO Tour Operator Software

We felt that peek was a more approachable ticketing system for day-to-day tours that we had going on.

Response from Peek Travel

Hi Jessamyn - Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review and share your experience. We've enjoyed working with the Joliet Area Historical Museum over the years and hope to continue working together for years to come. Peek Pro was designed with both the interests of users and guests in mind to ensure a smooth experience for both parties. Our team values your feedback and will definitely consider it moving forward. Please don't hesitate to contact our team if you ever have any questions in the future!

Anthony

Great Customer Service and Easy User Interface

Pros

I love how easy the user interface is to operate and I love the availability of customer support. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was incredibly helpful in solving a persisting issue that my business has had. Overall very happy with the software.

Cons

The widget flows can be difficult at times, but [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was extremely helpful in mitigating my issues.