Browse Crazy Egg Reviews

Joshua from Vizion Interactive

Crazy Egg nails user experiance

Every time we sign a new client we recommend crazy egg as an option, and every time a client uses it we almost always end up use the user data to suggest changes that helps improve the conversion rates on the site.

Pros

The level of information you get from this software is insane. Being able to tell if users are clicking on something expecting a link has made a huge difference in how we design and review websites. That alone has helped us create a better funnel to get users to convert.

Cons

There really wasn't much I didn't like about the software, I felt the customer service was a little slow at times. Other than that this is a really great piece of software to help improve the overall experience on your site.

Reasons for Choosing Crazy Egg

The data and overall layout was more intuitive

Andrew from Nureva Inc.

Great product but better for the price for a small-mid sized business

Bottom line Crazy Egg allows you to make informed decisions to increase conversion and enhance the user experience on your website. If there were no other similar products I would have no issue continuing to use Crazy Egg even with the cons of the product.

Pros

Crazy Egg does what it needs to, deliver valuable insights through various features to make informed decisions to increase conversion and user experience on your website. Crazy Egg was the first paid product I used for heat mapping, scroll, click data etc. It served me well and is a must have tool in the marketing tech stack.

Cons

I didn't like to have to set up the pages to track in Crazy Egg vs. other products that allowed you to look at any page without setting them up. As a small-mid sized business budget also became a reason for switching away from Crazy Egg with other competitive products that delivered the same or better experience at less cost as we scaled. I would still use Crazy Egg in a heart beat but have moved on for competitive products.

Reasons for Choosing Crazy Egg

Initially we picked Crazy Egg as a market leader in this area and the fact it was owned by [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. The product delivers on what you would expect. I have since moved on to Lucky Orange and Hotjar as a better fit for my needs.

Nathan from VapingCheap.com

Industry: Publishing

It works...

Pros

Easy ti integrates with external applications. A simple way to visualize clicks on your website.

Cons

Crazyegg only has heat mapping with very limited visualizations. There are other services out there that provide more information than CrazyEgg.

Response from Crazy Egg

Replied February 2019

Hello Nathan! Thanks for the feedback. We're confused by the commentary though which say: 1) We have much more than heatmapping. Actually, our toolset is quite robust and competitive with 5 different maps (heat, scroll, attention, list, overlay), User Recordings, A/B Testing (one of the only tools on the market with both maps and A/B Testing), and a WYSIWYG Editor. 2) Limited Visualizations. Our entire product is built on visualizations. We also go a step further than just onsite visualizations based on how we let you review and visualize different audience sources and referrers. This feels like quite a disconnect from our current offering. Would love to connect with you and understand why your experience with the product is so different from what we offer. It has to be a messaging or communication gap on our side which is why I'm eager to connect and learn more. Thanks for taking the time to write and share this!

Easy to use, does what it does well

Great and easy tool to use - if you are only after what they offer, it is great. But you sort of end uo wanting more...

Pros

Really easy to set up and you are ready to go in minutes. The tools it does offer is easy to use, and gives great insights. The different heatmap overlays are great.

Cons

It lacks a few elements you would expect from a comprehensive CRO tool - theres no funnel analysis and setup that links to your recordings and heatmaps, and no form analysis. At the price point of the tool, you would have expected it

Reasons for Switching to Crazy Egg

To test the functionality

Response from Crazy Egg

Replied April 2021

Hi, Thanks for taking the time to write this review. We have a very aggressive product roadmap and your feedback will help us with prioritization. Thank you.

Premium Heatmapping and A/B Testing

Pros

Excellent heatmapping and A/B testing. When benchmarked against Hotjar & Optimizely, Crazy Egg won out.

Cons

Hotjar offers a free plan with nearly all the features of the Crazy Egg basic plan for nearly $300/year. Also, it would be nice if Crazy Egg billed monthly, vs annually - as all our revenue and client billings come in month-to-month. We would even pay 10% more for monthly billing, vs annual pre-pay.

Reasons for Choosing Crazy Egg

We use Hotjar for our smaller clients on the free plan, but with our medium size clients we use Crazy Egg. Crazy Egg's heatmaps seem to be more accurate than the competition, and their A/B testing tool is excellent. If you have budget for $1,188, go with the Plus plan as the 1,000 recordings per month is very useful, especially when we aggregate the data for our clients.

Response from Crazy Egg

Replied May 2020

Hi, Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. Really great to hear that our heatmapping and A/B Testing is able to help out! As for billing, we're flexible and happy to see what we can do to accommodate your needs. Feel free to shoot our customer support team an email. Thank you!

Greg from Two Creative Design Group, LLC

Crazy Egg Shows Me What's Hot On My Website!

I get specific, measurable data about how my audience uses my website on a daily basis. I get recordings of real-time visits from customers. I get excellent split testing functionality with thorough analytics that I can use to tailor my content to my visitors.

Pros

What I like most about Crazy Egg is that it offers me clear information about how people use my sight. It's one thing to design a site based upon how you think people will use it or even how they use others like it. It's another thing all together to know exactly how they use it, so you can constantly improve it. By giving me a heat map of my users' experiences, Crazy Egg makes it possible to see which elements of my site are working and which ones need improvement. At a glance, I can see which buttons get clicked the most, how far the average person scrolls down the page, and the order in which people read my content. That's valuable stuff! Crazy Egg goes a step further, though. It provides recordings of real visits from people, so I can watch as they tour my site. This let's me see the traffic pattern that potential customers are taking around my pages. By looking at how visitors tour my site, I can begin to notice patterns in their behavior and make sure that I'm always delivering what they want where they want it. As if all this wasn't enough, Crazy Egg also offers the ability to A/B Split test my pages. Now, there are lot of applications that will split test things, but I've not found one that does it as reliably and as thoroughly as Crazy Egg. The data it provides makes split testing quick and simple.

Cons

Honestly, there's not much to dislike with Crazy Egg. It's a specialized tool for a specific job which means that it will be one of many such tools in your tech stack. And even though it has affordable price points, it's still one more thing you have to pay for. that's just the way online marketing is moving these days. I use a full automation platform and I still have Crazy Egg, because my platform doesn't do what Crazy Egg does. Maybe one day there will be a platform that does everything, but for now I'll keep using Crazy Egg.

Austin from DealerOn

Great Tool with a Team looking to implement features you want.

Highly recommend, you're probably looking at some other software and I've tried them. Talk to the team, get yourself a demo.

Pros

Generally speaking, being able to manage team members, break down heat mapping and other types of tools are a breeze and rather "flashy" to our customers.

Cons

Account-wide settings and another administrative role are the only things I want to see moving forward. I should be able to set limits for all current and future snapshots in terms of lifetime and number of visits for each snapshot. Another role that allows employees to control multiple snapshots but not be admins would be useful here.

Reasons for Switching to Crazy Egg

Pricing and ease of access

Talmage from Big Leap

Hands down the simplest tool for Conversion Rate Optimization

It helped me improve my conversion rates.

Pros

Crazy egg is easy to install and very intuative to navigate and explore. I like it's simplicity. Its not one of these end all CRO or SEO tools, it focuses on user experience on a basic level. With that said, it's very valuable. I love the confetti view where I can see where my visitors are clicking and where I might be losing them. Their customer service is also top notch.

Cons

The heat map and confetti map seem very similar to me. I'm not sure if they are just different ways of displaying the same data or if they offer something unquie.

Chris from GNGF

A great conversion optimization tool!

Pros

If you haven't used a tool like Crazy Egg in the past, you're about to be blown away. The data that you can get from this tool is crazy helpful and a little scary! You can use the heatmap data to adjust content, landing pages, conversion funnels, and so much more.

Cons

Price. It is more expensive than competing software tools (like Hotjar). I recommend that you compare the features and price before selecting one.

Response from Crazy Egg

Replied January 2019

Hi Chris, Thanks for your feedback. I appreciated all the details and thank you for your feedback on pricing. We pride ourselves on being the first and the most accessible and approachable -- but also, the most cost effective. I'd love to understand why you believe Crazy Egg is more expensive than our competitors (there are some differences on how folks in our peer group sample and communicate what they're actually capturing and tracking for you). If you're interested in discussing, we'd love to learn more (no pressure outside of learning your POV). I've shared my contact information with you if you're up for it. Thanks again!

Jack from Deluxe

Industry: Graphic Design

The software to use when searching UX Design problems

Pros

If your website does not convert as it should, this is the software to use. You can take out the guessing from the equation using their charts, funnels and recordings of real people using your website. The implementation was painless with just a javascrypt code, and all the dashboard is very intuitive.

Cons

Live customer session can be a bit unpractical, with some pages not being showed, they should work more on this, but the bottom line is great.

Response from Crazy Egg

Replied January 2019

Thank you Jack! We really appreciate the feedback. Your feedback on "Live Customer Session" is something we're working on. If you're open to discussing this more, I've sent you my contact information. We love working with the people who use Crazy Egg to improve the experience. Thanks for your note here.

Elaine from St. Mary's University

A helpful tool but becoming buggy

We've learned a lot about how our visitors interact with different pages on our website - they tend to click on every image even if it doesn't appear to link to anything, so we've learned to link more images than we used to. Mobile visitors tend to scroll a ton and just stop a few key places to skim, so we've learned to push that most important content higher up on the page so they don't have to scroll and skim so much.

Pros

CrazyEgg provides all kinds of helpful insights about the particular pages you decide to track. You can see how far users are scrolling down your page - which gets really interesting on mobile, because you can see how they scroll right past certain sections and focus on others, which can help you improve page layout. You can also see where people are clicking - including "non-clickable" elements, like images, so you then know you should link not just text but also an image. There's also a spreadsheet of everywhere people have clicked, so you can view the data however it's most comfortable to you. You can track both publicly accessible pages and password-protected ones; you just have to install a browser extension to capture initial screenshots of protected pages.

Cons

Over the past year I've noticed bugs creeping in. I set up snapshots and they just remain in "pending" status. It's happened so many time I now have to create a calendar reminder to check back in 6-8 hours and make sure my snapshots have all started. Customer support has not been able to determine why this happens or provide any resolution. The other downside is you only get data on the specific pages you track, and they've now added the ability to split out mobile vs. tablet vs. desktop, so if you want to see how visitors on different devices act differently, that will eat up 3 snapshots for every URL. Nice data to have, it's just very limited, so you have to plan out which pages you're going to track and rotate to really make headway on your site.

The tool is generally ok but for split testing it didn't really work for us

Pros

We've used the tool for several years, generally for split testing - to help us evaluate different designs of a page. It offers heatmaps, click maps - on which elements the users clicked, where they usually reach down scrolling.

Cons

It worked well for several years, but then it became buggy. Some of the snapshots didn't record any visits or recorded far less visits than the other page variant. Which is a problem, since the traffic was distributed evenly between both page variants. I don't think it's something we did, because on some snapshots it worked well, on others not so well. That's why we switched to another tool. Also, if you want to monitor desktop and mobile, you should create separate snapshots for each device.

Response from Crazy Egg

Replied January 2019

We are sorry you had a bad experience toward the end of your time with Crazy Egg. There are some great tools in the market and we hope you've found one that's working well for you. Thanks for taking the time to share this feedback. We'll learn from it.

Love it!

Pros

I really like how everything works in Crazy Egg, I make snapshots of almost every page on our website on desktop and mobile, and this helps our developers and designers greatly. It has the ability to view the snapshots in heatmap, scrollmap, and confetti showing where users came from. It is super helpful and works smoothly. Totally recommend for all who are not using it yet, it's a treasure :)

Cons

I think I would love to have a feature to download all the snapshots when they are ready to my computer. Because I make screenshots and it's not very convenient.

Best heatmapping tool out there

We did find it to be the best overall, with easy setup in tag manager and no extremely excessive adverse effects on page or site speed. Great for when you need insights and A/B tests.

Pros

It is extremely effective in getting an understanding of what's working and what's not on individual pages of your website. While Google analytics might be great for a top level view of what content is working and what's not, Crazy Egg is best for getting more granular and seeing what individual elements of page draw attention and which don't.

Cons

It would be better if there were more ways to view attention and heat maps visually. If you could integrate mouse movements to the basic heat map that would be better. Annual pricing only is also a sticking point.

Response from Crazy Egg

Replied April 2019

Thanks for your feedback. We just launched a tool to help link attention to engagement and I'd love to talk to you more about what you're looking for and how we can help. I've shared my email address with you and please don't hesitate to reach out. Thanks again for taking the time to share feedback here.

John from Real Group Ltd

Simple heat tracking made site usage easy to analyse

It was easy to work with non-technical colleagues to understand site engagement and work on practical redesigns. With services like Google Analytics, you're looking at very dry (though useful) data. To discuss websites on a marketing and engagement level, and to assess "your message", it's great to collect real data overtime and instantly share with your colleagues.

Pros

There are a variety of heatmaps that you can you to easily demonstrate website engagement and take away a quick overview of information.

Cons

It's difficult to pin down some dynamic content on pages. Sliders and hidden objects DO appear in the detailed heatmaps and tables of links, but it takes some work to understand what is being clicked on depending on the complexity of the website.

Orsolya from Self-employed

Industry: Online Media

Heatmaps with a twist

I only used the free trial for my partner's website but we both were satisfied so it is overall a great experience. I will definitely recommend this platform to my colleagues.

Pros

It was easy to get started, the integration wasn't too hard either. I like the design and functionality. It's really easy to just use A/B testing for different website texts/article headlines. The offered 30 day trial period is sufficient enough to make a decision about continuing.

Cons

I so far haven't experienced downsides to this platform but maybe it's a bit pricey for a user who has a lot of pageviews on their website. It's great for websites with less traffic.

Jason from Oceanside Photo & Telescope, LLC

Good Marketing Tool

Pros

This tool really does help you optimize your website if you know how to use it. I am a pretty experienced marketer and I use Crazy Egg for many of the businesses I work with to make sure customers are clicking on the things that I need them to.

Cons

Crazy Egg is a good tool but the one bad thing about it is the fact that you cannot just put their snippet in your header and then see a heat map on any page on your site. It only lets you choose a specific number of pages that you can set up. If they kept the price low and allowed you to see a heat map on every page then it would be much much better.

Dan from Scout Cranes

Next level customer care

The customer service is NEXT LEVEL. I was having difficulty installing Crazy Egg on my Wix site and in less than an hour after submitting my ticket, I was given the opportunity to do a Zoom video conference to have the problem fixed. There are also a TON of resources on the Crazy Egg website to help you understand the software, what to look for, and best practices from other users and businesses to help you along.

Pros

I have had experience using Crazy Egg with multiple companies, including my own. It is such a valuable and vital tool when you rely on web based customer quotes, service and lead generation. The ability to see how your customers are viewing and maneuvering your website is a game changer.

Cons

The installation, while not super complicated, can give some independent users with less computer skills a little bit of a challenge. Crazy Egg will also not give you answers, only information, so don't expect this to tell you what to change.

Response from Crazy Egg

Replied April 2021

Hi Dan, thanks for taking the time to write the review. We try to make the installation as simple as possible (single javascript) but also our support team would be delighted to help out if anyone needs help around this. Moreover, we also offer professional services from our Crazy Egg experts around interpreting the data and insights from Crazy Egg.

Sarah from Lulu

Industry: Publishing

Crazyegg Heatmaps are Okay - their Recordings option holds more value

Pros

+Easy to set up (just dropping a tag on the site or pages you want) +Easy to run heatmaps, scroll maps, confetti maps, and automate the reports (takes 2 minutes) +Easy to filter out internal traffic (set at the Crazyegg account level)

Cons

Heatmaps and scroll maps are only mildly useful for how users interact with your website. Crazyegg's Recordings feature is more useful in viewing how users navigate the site but this is an extra cost. It would be helpful if they offered additional information such as trends. Eg, month-over-month % of traffic clicking X button change.

Response from Crazy Egg

Replied January 2019

Hi Sarah! Thanks for this review. We appreciate your feedback on our Recordings (we continue to update that product line). We've also got some exciting things happening on the Snapshots side (heatmaps, scroll maps). Given your POV, I'd love to talk to you and invite you to participate in some early testing we're doing. I've shared my information with you directly in the event you are interested. Looking forward to doing more to meet your needs here.

James from PersonalFinanceGenius.com

It does what it's meant to do, and that's show how people interact with your site

I was able to see exactly how people were interacting with my site.

Pros

This is a fairly simple tool that does an incredibly important task - it shows you how people interact with your site. This includes how far down people are scrolling, where they're clicking, and where their mouse is going on the screen. In addition to heat maps, Crazy Egg also has a video recording tool so you can literally see, in real time, what people are doing on your site. If you have a sales page or an opt-in page, this can help you identify areas of improvement.

Cons

I don't really have any negative things to say about Crazy Egg. One thing that I have noticed, however, is that when you're using the video recording tool on a webpage that contains video, you cannot see the video being played. So if you have a sales page with a video sales letter on it, you cannot identify when people are leaving the page.

Heather from Digital Marketing & eCommerce Specialist

Industry: Wine and Spirits

Provides nteresting insights about your website and it's users

I implemented this before we started a website redesign so that we could see what should stay and what shouldn't. I also used it on the new site and then tweaked our designs based on the info.

Pros

The data that you get is quite interesting and you can use it to tweak your pages. Easier to understand that Google Analytics. Visual results

Cons

Could be a bit easier to implement and use on the admin side.

Response from Crazy Egg

Replied January 2019

Hi Heather, Thanks for this feedback and we're happy Crazy Egg was helpful to you on multiple occasions. We especially appreciate the suggestions on ways we can improve the product (implementation, administration). They are all top priorities for this year (and ongoing). If you have any other ideas or suggestions, or need any additional assistance, don't hesitate to contact our Success team (help@crazyegg.com). We're always here to listen and learn.

Sujith from ZI Systech Private Limited.

Get your business growing with Crazyegg

Pros

The simplicity of the software. Doesn't require rocket science to get used to it. Features such as heatmap a/b offered at a low cost would really help a startup take the next step in the right direction. The data from heat map is quite useful for decision making and analysis. Though there are a lot of software with greater functionality and integration. It is best to use this one for beginners

Cons

Nothing specific to the software but using A/b and not letting the same user view a variation for the test by all possible means expect device change would be a real AI work for this tool and differentiate from the rest

Stephanie from ProjectManager.com

CrazyEgg helps us evaluate web traffic for public site and to determine marketing tests.

We use it to evaluate page performance on our website and develop tests based on user intent and clicks. We use it for both PPC and SEO testing, and it's a regular tool for our marketing team.

Pros

I like the variance in views. It's not just heatmap software with the red to blue hues, it also shows confetti view - a breakdown of actual clicks on the page and where that traffic originated. You can see by a device, by a browser, by Adwords campaign, by country.... I'm partial to that view. Plus, it also shows you real-time visitors to your site.

Cons

I question some of the click reliability, as some "clicks" are likely people scrolling on the page, because so many of the clicks are in dead zones on the page. That can skew the numbers a bit, in my experience, so ultimately it's a tool to get a nice general sense, but it's not well designed for reporting accuracy.

Great software and price - helps you uncover how to improve your website

Overall, this is essential software for anyone taking the UX of their website seriously. If you want to provide great experiences for your online customers then Crazy Egg will help you uncover exactly where to do this on your website. You'll learn what areas need to change or be removed, and what areas/elements are working well.

Pros

The heatmap (snapshots) feature. The heatmap shows where users lose interest in a page and drop off. The clickmaps show when users click elements that aren't clickable, or when they don't click elements you want them to click. These features have enabled a data-led approach to refining client web-pages and improving their performance.

Cons

There really isn't anything I dislike about this software. It's powerful and priced fairly. Customer Support was also very responsive.

Amit from Yotpo

Affordable software for heatmaps and A/B testing for small businesses.

Overall I liked it, super simple to install and use. Good value for money.

Pros

I liked the simplicity of installation and use.

Cons

I didn't like that there is no free version of the software. Sometimes the 30 day trial is just not enough to evaluate appropriately. Also, if you need complicated A/B testing functionalities, you won't find them here.

Affordable User Behavior/User Insights Tool; Easy to Use

Pros

* The insights that Crazy Egg can give marketers, designers, and developers is worth the (reasonable) price. * Easy set up; Google Tag Manager installation is easy. * At times, it can be difficult to provide less technical team members or management with insights through raw data, but the visual component that Crazy Egg can provide makes life a lot easier. * Affordable * Your designers and developers are creating mock ups for future redesigns based on actual user data.

Cons

* Having to delete snapshots because I've hit my max and export/save all the corresponding user data gets tedious; this adds up quick especially if you want to analyze both the mobile view and desktop view of your pages.

Incredibly Beneficial for Understanding Your Website's Audiences and Use

The support is great, the product is highly useful - especially in tandem with other audience analytics you may need clarity on - and the user experience is top notch.

Pros

The insight into the way your users move through and interact with your website is incredible. The software is generally easy to use and, if you're careful about the conclusions you draw from the data you aggregate, can be incredibly powerful. We've used this software to help multiple clients make small but critical changes to their user paths and see fantastic results because of it.

Cons

It can be very easy to take the colorful maps produced out of context and make generalizations about your audience. Definitely use the testing feature in the software and keep in mind the numbers you're working with (i.e. if you're testing 1,000 users on a page, be sure to test another thousand a month later, etc)

Danielle from Wagada

Great tool to detect UX issues on your site!

My go-to tool for UX analysis but most of our clients aren't willing to pay.

Pros

Can really drill down to see how users are navigating your website - i.e. tracks scrolls/clicks. This is then really useful data that you can use to improve your website and encourage conversions. You can also get a months free trial which is great.

Cons

Feels a little overpriced i.e. the packages vary massively in terms of tracking number of visitors.

Response from Crazy Egg

Replied January 2019

Hi Danielle, Great feedback. We recently updated our pricing with a goal of increasing the value within each package. I'd love your feedback and if we're still missing the mark -- let us know. If you have any other ideas or suggestions, or need any additional assistance, don't hesitate to contact our Success team (help@crazyegg.com). We're always here to listen and learn.

The original heatmap tool

Great product which will nail your needs if heatmapping is the only thing you need done.

Pros

This has always been our go-to heat map software. Primarily because it was first to market and its now what our network and team are used to.

Cons

It doesn't do everything that the newer entrants offer now and prospects seem to like some of the alternative solutions for their data visualisation outputs.

Amazing heat map tool

Great tool to identify painpoints of the UX of a website. Used it for testing

Pros

Very easy to use! Insights are easy to read and understand. Great visual reports. Very useful in daily management of websites’ ux

Cons

Sometimes when downloading several reports at the same time not all of them were downloded

Response from Crazy Egg

Replied February 2019

Thank you for the kind response and for your commitment to our product. We have some exciting new things in the works and I've sent you a message directly to see if you'd be interested in learning more about what we're working on and sharing your experience so we can keep getting better.

Jorden from Bodies By Bench LLC

Crazy Egg Is Like A Spy Camera For Your Website

Crazy Egg helps me make informed descions on what to have on my site and what's working or not. In my opinion this is really a ninja tool! I wish the setip was eaiser and they had a wordpress plugin though.

Pros

Obviously, I like the heat map feature the most. It gives you a visual perspective of where your visitors actually click. You are able to see where and the frequency of where people are going to your site. This allows you to make informed descions on what to have on your sales pages based on user experience.

Cons

I wish they would have a wordpress plugin. Sometimes the software gets buggy and the snap shots don't work correctly. I have used other heat mapping tools but this one is probably the best you'll find.

Response from Crazy Egg

Replied January 2019

Jorden, Thanks for the review and the great summary of how we help. We do have a WordPress plugin (and have for some time). You can find it here: https://wordpress.org/plugins/tags/crazyegg/ If you have any other ideas or suggestions, or need any additional assistance, don't hesitate to contact our Success team (help@crazyegg.com). We're always here to listen and learn.

Great product, has all though it has a lot more potential

My overall experience with Crazy Egg has been great, they have definitely hit the nail on the head for heat mapping however there is a lot of room for improvement in other areas. I have been using Crazy Egg for almost 3 years and haven't seen a huge amount of improvement. Looking forward to seeing any future changes.

Pros

Simple heat mapping Has the ability to export heat maps Has a feature to add additional users to the project Tracking code doesn't noticeably impact load time Easy to use

Cons

It could be a bit cleaner on the system especially in the heat map pages A WordPress plugin would be nice Live tracking ( ability to track how long they were on the page for before clicking or exiting )

Micah from Analogy, LLC

Heat Mapping for Smaller Sites

Pros

Compared to some of the options for heat mapping, Crazy Egg is considerably more affordable. They do a good job of displaying the data captured as the heat map is running and making it easy to understand.

Cons

It seems to be designed for sites with less then 100k visits/mo, so if you have a bigger site or traffic you may want to consider another option.

Response from Crazy Egg

Replied April 2020

Hi Micah, Thanks for taking the time to write this review. With over 300,000 websites currently leveraging Crazy Egg, we work with clients of all sizes across all verticals. Our solution is built to scale and is a great fit for high traffic websites.

Cody from Interact Marketing

Great product and customer support is fantastic

Pros

- great features - reasonable pricing - fantastic customer support

Cons

I honestly can't think of any. Since they have the free trial, you can always try it out and cancel if you don't like it within 30 days.

September 2015

Sam from WooRank

September 2015

Nice heatmaps providing useful engagement data

Crazy Egg is a very useful tool that allows you to get a better understanding of how your users are engaging with your website, offering much more than a standard Analytics package. You can easily find out where your users are clicking on your pages using heatmaps, with several designs to give you a great visual. Using this data I've been able to make informed decisions on where to place buttons/links to attract the most attention, as well as understanding which areas of the pages are getting the most attention. You can track up to 100 pages at a time (with a pro account). Plans start from $9 per month with a basic account, which is perfect for individuals with small websites, but large sites or agencies can choose the $19/$49 or $99 plan.

Pros

Great price plans covering all audiences (individuals to agencies) easy to use heatmaps with extra data to understand the number of clicks on each element of your page ability to track several pages across a number of domains (great if you run more than one website)

Cons

I was unable to create white label reports which is a shame

Great way to improve web content

Being able to utilize the CE heat map and see how our tests match with our analytical results is really fun. Its a great way for us to improve our website and we have been able to make a lot of positive and useful changes to our website based on learning what our customer flow is. It's easy to use and worth it!

Pros

Ever want to know what people are clicking on your site? Crazy egg is a great way to test your site and test different initiatives to see whats working. The heat map is awesome! It's been super helpful teaching us what we need to improve, remove, keep, etc.

See how users interact with your site!

Really helped us to optimize several websites with real data and iron out a few issues we were seeing with the consumer funnel.

Pros

Crazy Egg is great for analyzing how new websites perform with live users actually using it. It was also great for giving us ideas on how to improve existing sites.

Cons

Time consuming, hours and hours of recordings to watch and annotate.

Crazy Egg

New experience, just started working with their software a few months ago.

Pros

Loved the listing abilities with this software. We sell products on this site.

Cons

Did not like the policy restrictions on Crazy Egg.

Response from Crazy Egg

Replied January 2019

Thanks for the feedback. I'd love to understand more about your concerns with policy restrictions (so we can address them for you!) I've shared my email with you or in this response, or you can always contact our Success team (help@crazyegg.com). We're always here to listen and learn.

Adam from PDmB

Does what it does very well

Pros

It was very easy to get started with and we were able to learn valuable information in no time.

Cons

Customer support is not very timely in replying and varies in how helpful they are.

Response from Crazy Egg

Replied January 2019

Hi Adam, We apologize for the delay in responding on the Customer Success side. We've very recently invested in expanding the CS Team and if you do give us another chance, we hope you find us more responsive. Thanks for taking the time to share this. It's noted and we'll continue to get better. If you have any other ideas or suggestions, or need any additional assistance, don't hesitate to contact our Success team (help@crazyegg.com). We're always here to listen and learn.

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] Won't Let You Down

Very pleased and satisfied with data that Crazy Egg provides to give us a better understanding about our audience.

Pros

Been knowing Crazy Egg for years and I honestly think that this is a great tool to help you understand your customers through their behaviour when visiting your website. Not only provide you data in numbers, Crazy Egg also provide you with heatmap shows which part of your page mostly engaged with people.

Cons

I know it doesn't make sense, but come on, if only we can use it for free without have to joining the trial. Just like what Google did.

Gabriel from Net Solutions

Industry: Computer Hardware

Love Crazy Egg

The main achievement is vizualization, easy see what works and what does not

Pros

I was able to see what was working on our lead generation pages and what did not work. Everything worked great from funnels to heat maps, the most that I used

Cons

I feeled it wased a little expensive, but well worth it, depending on your budget to acquire new customers.

Chris from Sage

Crazy Easy

A brilliant set of out-of-the-box features makes Crazy Egg an absolute must-have in your user research arsenal. It's most useful on static pages, and doesn't perform quite as well on pages scattered with dynamic elements.

Pros

Super easy to set up, heatmapping/mouse tracking reports are straightforward to build and understand. The ability to split test pages puts Crazy Egg ahead of most competitors too.

Cons

Page speed tends to be impacted more so when using Crazy Egg over competitors like Hotjar - though the impact is generally small. The free version, as you might expect, is extremely limited.

Response from Crazy Egg

Replied April 2021

Hi Chris, Thanks for taking the time to write this review. We have a very aggressive product roadmap and your feedback helps us with prioritization. Thank you.

Jordan from Marchex

Does what we want it to to - much better heat maps than the free tools out there

Pros

It's very easy to take snapshots of your web pages and capture where users are clicking. I like the ability to have multiple views -- I prefer the confetti view for precision.

Cons

I wish Crazy Egg could capture precise menu clicks. We have a global nav that Crazy Egg can't read -- and instead, it looks like the clicks are occurring in our header.

Mark from AOE Supply

Improved Our Website Immensely

Pros

I love being able to see the visual maps of where our customers are going, clicking, and spending time. It's extremely helpful to know what information is relevant and what can and should be changed to make way for something more useful that will potentially make us more money.

Cons

Sometimes I am given information that I'm not sure what to do with. Not necessarily irrelevant but maybe undecipherable without aid.

Response from Crazy Egg

Replied April 2019

Thank you for your feedback. I am sharing my information with you here to help you get the most of your investment in Crazy Egg. I'd be happy to chat for a bit about the data you're seeing, your goals, and how I'd use what we've uncovered for you to help you achieve your goals.

Ryan from Sikich

Websites Need CrazyEgg

Pros

Getting the insight into what people are actually doing on the site is outstanding. The recording feature is one of my favorite things to use since it shows you behavior of someone using the site.

Cons

There is a lot to get into with CrazyEgg, it can feel overwhelming at first to distill what data matters to you.

Reliable Heat Map Tools For Monitoring Web Behavior

Pros

CrazyEgg is well-known website heatmap that helped me improve a digital experience of our website properties.

Cons

Today, it does not offer is freemium version. Also, it would welcome to see new features that some of the other heatmap tools like Full Story offer. ( an approximate emotional sentiment of people behaviors etc..)

Babak from SkyPrep

The platform allowed us to easily track customer activity on our website

Pros

-very easy to setup -setup multiple websites - nice visual heatmaps and clicks allowed us to see what elements on our website were most important

Cons

-would be good to give some suggestions about what the data actually means and give page optimization suggestions -also sometimes the data seemed to be bit confusing

Britney from The Moran Group

No complaints about Crazy Egg

We are able to show our clients what parts of their website are useful and not, where we should consider changing things, etc.

Pros

I like how you are able to see and download different variations of graphs/images showing web traffic in order to relay to clients.

Cons

Wish you could set an automatic expiration date to end the tracking. And automated time to restart a new tracking. Sometimes we have too many trackings and have to delete some of the old ones.

Really helpful tool for your website

Pros

Crazy Egg is a very helpful tool for your website. It shows a lot of great stuff, like what spot is the most popular or whether people click on your buttons or not.

Cons

Sometimes it can be glitchy, but that is okay as long as the product is live and constantly is being updated.

Brooke from Arcadia Power

Crazy Egg Review

Pros

Crazy Egg is so easy to use! You can create interesting and dynamic heatmaps showing the areas of your site that users are visiting, as well as other user tests.

Cons

This software is pretty easy to use - I don't have any issues with it.

Response from Crazy Egg

Replied February 2019

Thanks Brooke! Appreciate the feedback and support here. You've also really captured some of the key points we try and do well when it comes to our software (simple yet dynamic, easy-to-use). We'd love the opportunity to talk to you more and share some of what we're working on and developing if you're interested. I've shared my email address with you directly so you have it. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and for believing in Crazy Egg!