• icon"Friendly graphic user interface, useful history of calls with each contact, easy to invite someone as a guest connection."
  • icon"The whole system is intuitive, which our customers love. Its also easily scalable, which is a huge benefit to most organisations."
  • icon"The easy of use is very good. Besides video calling you can use the app for chat and the exchange of photo's and video's."
  • icon"Some features still missing from app. Looking for chat outside of our organization, but am told it will be available soon."
  • icon"There are some features missing in comparison with other cloud collaboration services. Sometimes ios app is unstable, crashes."
  • icon"Establishing connectivity with external devices can be difficult."

All StarLeaf Reviews

Tom

Very impressed with the solutions Starleaf offers for a range of workspaces.

Videoconferencing and audioconferencing along with content sharing is mission critical to our business. Our workforce is distributed including in-house and remote workers. We also have a serious requirement to collaborate while on the road. The Starleaf platform is easy to use and robust, enabling our workers to collaborate anywhere, from any device.

Pros

The personal app runs on PC's, Macs, IOS, and Android devices. The user experience is common throughout all personal devices as well as Starleaf's room systems. Starleaf offers both cloud based endpoints that are aggressively priced and include Touch Panels, as well as Solutions specifically to be deployed within Skype-for-Business environments. Their SfB endpoints are truly native SfB clients so the complexity making your "standards compliant" videoconferencing system interoperate/coexist with your SfB platform is eliminated. There is no need for expensive and complex infrastructure that's sole purpose is to enable participation of non-SfB endpoints into SfB calls. The Starleaf Cloud platform and endpoints are literally the easiest to deploy in my experience. Make basic connections and power up the endpoint, insert a Quick Connect Code when prompted, and the endpoint communicates with the "mother ship" and is ready to make calls in minutes. Starleaf's endpoint registrations capability eliminates the need (in the majority of cases) of making any modifications to IT infrastructure to enable videoconferencing traffic in/out of firewalls. A big plus of the cloud architecture is the fact that once a call is established between two endpoints in your enterprise the traffic of the call becomes point-to-point between the two endpoints, versus both endpoints chewing up Internet bandwidth to/from the cloud.

Cons

An area in which Starleaf has already delivered some improvements is with their User Interface. The initial version for the Starleaf Breeze app and the Touch Panel was not completely intuitive. Recent releases have introduced an updated UI that improves usability. Like other companies, Starleaf strives to improve in this area constantly, based on user feedback.

Response from StarLeaf

Hi Tom, Thank you very much for your kind review, it means a lot to us. As you mention, we're always striving to improve our user interface to make things simpler for all involved. If you do have any other questions you'd like to ask, then please don't hesitate to get in touch. Kind regards, The StarLeaf team

Sara

We love StarLeaf!

Overall, it's been a great experience working with StarLeaf. We love the Outlook integration and ease of scheduling, in addition to the other features offered by the system.

Pros

Our team loves the high quality audiovisual experience and security offered by StarLeaf. We have peace of mind that our meetings with executives, clients, and other businesses are encrypted and confidential.

Cons

The only issue that we've experienced is that some businesses and clients have issues downloading the app or accessing the web browser due to firewall restrictions.

Reasons for choosing StarLeaf

We still use Teams occasionally as a back up (when clients cannot access StarLeaf), but we mostly use StarLeaf for meetings.

Reasons for switching to StarLeaf

We wanted better security.

Martin

October 2022

Third party user contractor

Pros

When it worked it was great, good video and easy to use

Cons

Kept cutting out, and spent more time trying to sign in

Dinesh

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

May 2022

Secure solution of New Era

The software is completely reliable.

Pros

1. Easy to creat and join meetings 2. Easy to creat poll 3. Secure safe and end-to-end encrypted

Cons

In remote areas where network is a real issue, the software failed to optimise the video quality. This happened with me 2-3 times.

Reasons for switching to StarLeaf

Compatibility

Carys

StarLeaf are by far the best manufacturer I work with. Products and staff are all second to none!

Messaging, voice and video all on one platform making communication with my colleagues seamless.

Pros

The StarLeaf app is a true Unified Communications platform, providing messaging, voice and video all on one platform. The interface is intuitive and easy to use and the roadmap for future development is well structured and robust.

Cons

If there are any features that I feel are missing from the software I know that they are already on the road map for future development.

Response from StarLeaf

Hi Carys, Thank you so much for the kind review. We're glad that we're helping you to improve your daily communications with your colleagues. If you have any other questions or suggestions for ideas on the roadmap then please don't hesitate to get in touch. Kind regards, The StarLeaf team

Myrella

Incredibly easy to use and schedule my meetings

I was able to conduct and participate in productive meetings colleagues and with my customers hassle free.

Pros

I can begin my meetings with one button and I do not have to input any credentials to join a call.

Cons

I wish I could add another participant during a meeting in session. Currently I have to send a user the meeting credentials and I can't dial out to them directly.

Response from StarLeaf

Hi Myrella, Thank you for the kind feedback! If you're still having difficult adding participants to meetings then please get in touch with us. We want to make things as simple as possible for you. In the mean time, if you have any other queries then please don't hesitate to get in touch. Kind regards, The StarLeaf team

Raudel

Easy to understand, learn, and use software and hardware

Pros

The Starleaf platform is an easy one to learn and use. Easy for 1st time users to join a meeting and navigate the features of the platform. Starleaf offers a great solution for companies that are Skype For Business shops. Their hardware make it simple to join and start Skype Meetings. They make the conference room experience a simple one.

Cons

The old Breeze client could be challenging but they have moved on and upgraded to a new client.

Response from StarLeaf

Hi Raudel, Thanks for the kind review, we appreciate it! Hopefully the new solution is solving the issues that you had with Breeze. If you have any other questions then please do get in touch. Kind regards, The StarLeaf team

Shivkanya

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

April 2022

StarLeaf

Overall, the StarLeaf is good for meetings. It provides all the good features like sound quality, video quality, and most importantly, secure communication. Go for it.

Pros

I like this app. It is convenient and possess several important features. It is good for longer meeting, it has better screen sharing quality.

Cons

My computer becomes exceedingly sluggish and regularly crashes while I'm in a videoconference. The quality of interactive multimedia isn't as good as it is on other VDC systems. When the chat isn't working properly, I have to close it and refresh it till the messages appear.

Greatest videoconferencing for big size meetings!

I use it daily! I am working with a very big team and it's easy with Starleaf to all connect on the same place and be able to have a great service (not blurred sharing screen, good sounds,..) even due to the high number of people

Pros

The feature that I prefer is that we do not need to have a specific link to connect to the conference, with the number of the room it's accessible from mobile, tablet or computer even remotely or by calling.

Cons

If you only open the conference in "call mode" and not video mode you will not be able to see the sharing presentation, so you will have to switch back to video conferencing

Only one App needed for your business communications

Collaboration with my colleagues is so much easier know. I use the StarLeaf app on my Macbook, iPad and iPhone for videoconferencing 1-on-1, scheduled conferencing with screen sharing and chats. I enables me to use my time more efficient and travel less.

Pros

Most of all I like the ease of use. One app for your videoconferencing and chat that can be used on multiple devices.

Cons

For some reason the microphone gets muted from time to time. The only way to solve this is to restart the app.

Randy

A great way to bridge many devices, Skype and dekstop/mobile workers

Easy adoption and training of users. - We were looking to solve problems with AV integration and coordinating customer calls with Skype. We also needed a powerful desktop, IM and mobile solution. Starleaf was able to solve the immediate Skype-enabled conference room problem and we were staying away from their mobile application. They then recently release a new and much-improved desktop client (which is free, by the way) and our adoption level has gone up.

Pros

- We were looking to solve problems with AV integration and coordinating customer calls with Skype. We also needed a powerful desktop, IM and mobile solution. Starleaf was able to solve the immediate Skype-enabled conference room problem and we were staying away from their mobile application. They then recently release a new and much-improved desktop client (which is free, by the way) and our adoption level has gone up. The touch panel with native skype interface made it flawless for our team to join Skype calls.

Cons

The old Breeze client was bad, but that problem is gone. The GTm Series is built for the legacy AV community and pushing towards cloud bridge solutions- a hard balance to create, so there are inputs and outputs we didn't need- but I'm sure others will be happy with the flexibility built in.

Response from StarLeaf

Hi Randy, Thanks for your review. We appreciate the kind feedback and we're always looking for ways to improve in order to provide our clients with the flexibility they need from their conferencing solution. If you have any other questions then please don't hesitate to get in touch. Kind regards, The StarLeaf team

Gizzelle

Finally Video Conferencing I want to use!

Pros

I like that it is just as easy to have corporate video conferencing as it is to use my smart phone. We have had both Polycom and Lifesize systems over the years and I can't remember us using them a single time because no one knew how to dial between offices or set up the devices. Now we use video conferencing on a daily basis internally and with our external customers. Also, little things like being able to set up "click to call me" for an instantaneous video call in my e-mail signature are really cool. It's also intuitive from an administrative standpoint...my first time in the admin portal I was able to get great data and make beneficial changes without any training.

Cons

I really wish there was the ability to take control of someone else's screen when you are doing desktop sharing instead of just viewing it. Also, occasionally on my MacBook Pro, my camera won't boot up automatically during a call and I get audio only....I'm the only one in our organization with the issue though and I have a support ticket open to hopefully solve it.

Response from StarLeaf

Hi Gizzelle, Thank you for your review. We're always looking to incorporate customer feedback into our roadmap, so I'll share your comments with the product team. In the mean time, I hope your support ticket has now been resolved? Please do get in touch if you have any other questions that we can help with. Kind regards, The StarLeaf team

Vijay

Best Video Conference Software

I like the video conference portion of the Software. I also like the way it can be used in any device unlike other softwares where there are few restrictions. I am happy with the product but if they can address call drop issue (at least if they can show a message) it would be greatly helpful.

Pros

The best thing about this software is ease of use. Users can create their own virtual conference rooms so other users can join from around the world on a weekly calls. We can schedule/attend the meetings either using App installed in the PC or using cloud base meeting portal or using mobile. The App has directory of all employees so it is easy to call them via phone or from the app (using computer audio/video). The Hardware is the best for conference rooms. It is the most secure and reliable software.

Cons

The downside of video conferencing is it takes lot of resources. If you are on VPN (few times) or had lower internet bandwidth the calls will be dropped suddenly. It won't even show a message that issues with internet connection or issues with call quality etc, it drops the call suddenly. The other thing we noticed was we can schedule meeting with 50 users only. So far the least liked feature was camera turns on automatically once you join the call. There is no way I can turn off the feature in the settings. Also, I can't view future meetings that I got invited to in the app which is quite a bit frustrating.

Think of the consumer IM tools - Notably Whatsapp, slack etc, but secure and fit for for business

Efficiency, better collaboration, more inclusive team spirit

Pros

Easy to use shouldgo without saying; on a single platform, I can IM my team and then seamlessly escalate this to a voice or video call, and then to a full scale collaboration. Most of the young talent we are trying to attract from the best schools, colleges and universities want to work in a more dynamic and multi-modal way - this means that they need collaboration tools that will follow them across their different devices - PC, mobile, tablet and into the meeting room - with the StarLeaf App we can let them do this. This leads to better and far more dynamic collaboration, wherever the team is, whatever they are doing; it leads to far greater inclusion for all team members, and therefore faster decision making; we do this by living in the chat box, and then escalating this to video collaboration immediately the moment we need to pore over a document or share and discuss some content - it is very easy to use and the team love it

Cons

Currently you cant IM outside your organisation, but I believe that development is being carried out on this

Tom

Very intuitive and reliable system.

Improved collaboration

Pros

The whole Starleaf platform is always evolving, which is essential in this marketplace. Ease of use is not an easy thing to achieve with a technical product, so we have to commend them for this. The whole system is intuitive, which our customers love. Its also easily scalable, which is a huge benefit to most organisations.

Cons

In comparison to other UC platforms, the functionality is not quite there yet.....but its not far off!

Response from StarLeaf

Hi Tom, Thank you for the kind words! We're working hard every day to improve the functionality of StarLeaf, so thank you for the feedback. If you do have any other questions then please don't hesitate to get in touch. Kind regards, The StarLeaf team

Kevin