• Pros

• "Ease of functionality is top-notch Price point is unbeatable Much better than data rooms that charge thousands for no better features and less functionality"

• "Super easy to use! Intuitive layout and easy setup "

• "Just an easy and intuitive software experience without any real issues."

• Cons

• "It works very well with Chrome but I use Internet Explorer for the most part and the efficiency of the site is being hindered."

• "Nothing really. It’s a little annoying to have to “accept” all the legal stuff every time you log in. But no big deal. "

• "I can’t say anything negative as I had a great experience."

Browse FirmRoom Reviews

Stephen from Chatsworth Securities

Great Product - Great People

Pros

When looking for a data room - Firm Room and Deal Room was by far the nicest people to work with and they have a very good product. They took the time to learn how I wanted to use their product - suggested the right one and I have had no issues - it does what they say it does - Noting in beta that is being delayed.

Cons

no a thing - first rate product - great support

Reasons for Choosing FirmRoom

nice people, fair pricing, no pressure, quality offering

Response from FirmRoom

Replied July 2019

Thank you for the review Stephen! Glad to hear you have had a good experience with our software. Thanks again!

Marshall from Cibolo Energy Partners

Industry: Oil & Energy

Easy to use!

Our experience was great given our need to hide other VDR participants from viewing each other. This is something that other low cost products such as Dropbox have not been able to provide. Additionally, the analytics helped us track the overall activity and participation from the VDR participants as a way to view potential interest.

Pros

I like the simplicity of the product to use and invite people to the virtual data room. Additionally, the low cost of the FirmRoom product is great for a company like mine that will use it about once per quarter. It is perfect for us as we do not want to pay as much as the other products in the market.

Cons

Some participants received the invites within their spam/junk email which was fairly annoying. However, after sending a reminder to participants this wasn't a problem. Only one participant mentioned the site was blocked internally by their IT and they were not able to resolve the issue. That issue was likely remote to the one company participant.

Reasons for Choosing FirmRoom

We did not want participants to view one another and we wanted to track who was viewing/downloading data.

Response from FirmRoom

Replied July 2019

Thanks for the feedback Marshall! Happy to hear the software was easy to use! Also appreciate the feedback regarding invites going to spam/junk email, we are always looking to improve the product. Thanks again!

Austin from Q Advisors

Excellent Product for the Price

Great customer support

Pros

This software has all of the features that I would expect from a Data Room, plus some. As an admin, it is extremely easy to set up and manage user permissions, whether it is by group or individual. The analytics capabilities are also valuable and easy to use. It is so easy to see who has looked, downloaded, uploaded, etc. documents. Uploading and downloading documents, whether one by one or in batches is so simple. And most of all, this product is very affordable compared to other solutions.

Cons

My only complaint is not being able to do a bulk download when the watermark feature is turned on and there are PPT or XLS files in a folder. Instead of a generic error or timeout, it would be great to download all of the available files with a warning or notification about the files that will not be included (because they are PPT/XLS).

Response from DealRoom, a Day1 Company

Replied June 2019

Thanks for feedback Austin! Happy to hear setting permissions and using the analytics has been easy and useful for you! Also appreciate the feedback about bulk downloading, we are always looking to improve the product. Thanks again!

Kendra from Lockton Companies

Great Data Room

Pros

Its easy to work with, its user friendly and always good tips on how to use the room more usefully.

Cons

Sometimes its hard to download in bulk..

Response from FirmRoom

Replied December 2019

Thank you for the review Kendra! We are happy to hear that FirmRoom has been easy to use!

Pilar from American Physician Partners

Diligence assistance

using it for due diligence projects and I dread having to search for my materials

Pros

searching for specific topics is relatively easy

Cons

organization of projects is dependent upon the administrator and naming conventions are so inconsistent which makes it challenging for an infrequent user to navigate.

Response from FirmRoom

Replied November 2019

Thank you for your review Pilar! If you have any questions about naming and room organization feel free to reach out to our customer service at any time. Thanks again!

Jan from Q Advisors

FirmRoom Review

Pros

The software is the easiest to use of all the data rooms that I have tried. There is the optimal mix of functionality and usability, which makes it easy for both my clients and me to organize our data. The customer support is very responsive and I have always had my issues resolved.

Cons

Sometimes the software can be 'clunky', for instance drag and drop with large folder sizes sometimes doesn't work. Also, the platform as a whole is not visually appealing.

Response from DealRoom, a Day1 Company

Replied June 2019

Thanks for the review Jan! Happy to hear the platform is easy for both you and your client to use and that our customer support has responsive :) Appreciate the feedback on the UI as well, thanks!

Craig from Nexus

Excellent Data Room

Pricing benefits are superior to other highly expensive data room providers.

Pros

Cons

Setting up a billing for individual data rooms was difficult, but customer service helped.

Response from FirmRoom

Replied July 2019

Thank you for the feedback Craig! Happy to hear the price and ease of functionality worked well for your team. Also appreciate the feedback about setting up billing for individual rooms, we are always looking to improve the product. Thanks again!

Jonathan from Balmoral Advisors

Industry: Capital Markets

JG Review

Pros

The capabilities to decipher different buyer groups with different permissions

Cons

Response from DealRoom, a Day1 Company

Replied June 2019

Thanks for the great review Jonathan, and for the feedback about IE. Glad to hear you're have a good experience with the platform!

Livingston from Ultima Health Products

First time through a deal with Firm Room

This was a long and complicated deal. From Room really sped up the papering part.

Pros

Firm Room is very to pick up on. It is intuitive to use. If I got a bit stumped, a few clicks would show me the way.

Cons

Nothing really. Its a little annoying to have to accept all the legal stuff every time you log in. But no big deal.

Response from DealRoom, a Day1 Company

Replied July 2019

Appreciate the feedback Livingston! Happy to hear the platform was easy to pick up on your first time using it and it helped speed up your process. Thanks again!

Jeanna from Star2Star Communications, LLC

FirmRoom is great!

The simplicity of document organization has been key to our success in FirmRoom

Pros

The format is easy to use as both an administrator and end-user.

Cons

It could be more aesthetically pleasing.

Response from FirmRoom

Replied July 2019

Thank you for the feedback Jeanna! Happy to hear the software was easy to use for admins and end-users. And we appreciate the feedback on user design, we are always looking to improve the product. Thanks again!

Pamela from Ultima Health Products

Firmroom Has Been Amazing

We are using FirmRoom to upload important company documents to share with employees who work remotely across the country.

Pros

FirmRoom is very user friendly and has made sharing files with remote employees very easy.

Cons

I have not run in to anything I did not like about the software.

Response from FirmRoom

Replied February 2019

Thanks for the review Pamela! Glad to hear you are having a positive experience with the platform! Appreciate the great feedback!

David from Parallax Equity Partners

David Burke review of FirmRoom

I use FirmRoom for sell side M&A due diligence.

Pros

The product is intuitive and easy to use. This product is comparable to other data rooms I've used at a significantly better price and flexibility in pricing plans make it easier to sell to my clients which are usually smaller sized companies. File trees are easy to create and manage. Downloading is easy and my clients can use this without a lot of training like some other products I've used.

Cons

I ran into some issues adding and inviting members that I solved by closing out and restarting. I don't know if this was a glitch or my error.

Response from FirmRoom

Replied February 2019

Thanks for the review David! Glad to hear the interface was easy to use! We appreciate the high recommendation.

Daniel from Q Advisors LLC

Best M&A Data Room - Middle Market I-Bank

We have used a dozen or more data room providers in the last 5 years. FirmRoom by far exceeds anything else we have used in terms of feature/functionality and overall value.

Pros

Simplicity (everything needed and nothing else) Speed (upload and download) Value / Pricing (nothing else compares) Ability to easily manage multiple data rooms at once

Cons

Really no complaints yet and we have used it across our firm on multiple deals.

Response from FirmRoom

Replied February 2019

Thanks for the great review Daniel We appreciate you taking the time to leave feedback!

John from OlenderFeldman

Industry: Law Practice

Great Deal Tool

We used FirmRoom for corporate deal due diligence. It made our due diligence reviews more efficient and ensured documents were organized and accessible by all parties.

Pros

The functionality, ease of navigation and responsiveness.

Cons

The software has an older look...could do with a few more modern touches.

Response from FirmRoom

Replied February 2019

Thanks for the review John! Glad the interface was easy to use and you had a positive experience. Appreciate the feedback on the design. Thanks again!

Hayley from Q Advisors

Industry: Investment Banking

Multiple rooms and very happy so far

Wonderful. Having a set price with simple drag and drop and advanced search capabilities is great

Pros

Ease of use and simple, clean user interface

Cons

I have yet to have any real problems. An increase to potential reports is all I can think of

Response from FirmRoom

Replied February 2019

Thanks for the feedback Hayley! Happy to hear that the interface was easy to use. Appreciate the high recommendation and hope to work with you again!

Kevin from Nexus

Healthcare Services Investment Bank

Pros

Unlimited storage for a fixed fee is key. Reasonable pricing and overall interface is easy to use and intuitive.

Cons

It is not highly adopted yet, so a lot of clients and buyers need to learn the platform.

Response from DealRoom, a Day1 Company

Replied July 2019

Thanks for the review Kevin! Happy to hear our pricing is favorable for you and that the platform in intuitive to use. Appreciate the feedback!

Wills Review

This really helped with the flow of content during our acquisition.

Pros

Easy to move through files and download necessary documents.

Cons

I cant say anything negative as I had a great experience.

Response from FirmRoom

Replied February 2019

Thanks for taking time to write a review! Glad to hear you've had a good experience so far, feel free to get in touch if there's anything else we can help with. Thanks again!

Rodrigo from Santander

Smooth use

Pros

Very simple and easy to go through, also very fast navigation for a cloud based solution

Cons

Design, colours could potentially be improved

Response from FirmRoom

Replied February 2019

Thanks for the feedback Rodrigo! Glad the platform was simple and easy to use. We appreciate the design feedback. Admins are now actually able to customize the colors!

I was really happy with the features

Pros

Ease of us and very fast and responsive.

Cons

I didn't find anything I didn't like. Everything was good.

Response from FirmRoom

Replied March 2019

Thank you for the review! We really appreciate the positive feedback, and are happy to hear you are pleased with the features!

Catalina from ASSET Chile

Extremely easy to use and great value for your money!

Great value for your money!

Pros

Super easy to use! Intuitive layout and easy setup

Cons

Tracking tool seems to be wrong sometimes

Response from FirmRoom

Replied February 2019

Thanks Catalina! Great to hear the room was easy to use and intuitive. We appreciate the feedback on the tracking tool!

Thiago from AB Concesses

Upsides are possible but the Firmroom is good if we mensure de P&L.

Pros

Cheaper than of the competitive platforms and user-friendly

Cons

If we can block the files anytime, like we can when we use the intralinks

Response from FirmRoom

Replied February 2019

Thanks for the review Thiago! Glad to hear the interface was user-friendly and affordable.

Nathan from CSM

Industry: Food Production

superior fuinctionality and support for a virtual data room

Pros

easy to use no complaints from other individuals or any third parties affordable

Cons

in-product redaction service not available

Response from FirmRoom

Replied July 2019

Thank you for the review Nathan! Glad to hear that FirmRoom has worked well for your team!

Becky from Moss Adams

Pros

The software is very easy to use and navigate.

Cons

I wish there was some way that you can download new files manually into the pre-downloaded files.

Response from FirmRoom

Replied February 2019

Thanks for the positive feedback Becky! Glad to hear the platform is easy to use and navigate, that's our goal! We appreciate the feedback on downloading new files. Let us know if there's anything else we can help with.

New User

Pros

Easy to figure out based on the layout. Download options are straightforward as is the ability to see which files have been recently added to the data room. No difference in functionality compared to higher priced VDR sites like Intralinks or Merrill.

Cons

I have had no issues with the software while I have been using it to date.

Response from DealRoom, a Day1 Company

Replied June 2019

Thank you for the feedback! Glad to hear the platform was easy to use and you haven't had any issues. Thanks for taking time to leave a review!

Pamela from Elements Food Group Inc

Industry: Food Production

Deal Room Review

Whenever I had a question, I found the staff to be super friendly and helpful.

Pros

The software is very user friendly. Easy to upload documents and allow access, as well as easy for the inquiring party to navigate through the documents.

Cons

I do not have anything negative to post.

Response from DealRoom, a Day1 Company

Replied June 2019

Thank you for the review Pam! Happy to hear the platform was easy to navigate and our support team was friendly and helpful! Appreciate the positive feedback!

A solid data room service

Overall a solid choice for anyone running a dataroom.

Pros

The site was well laid out, and the user interface was intuitive. The addition of the working groups is particularly nice to keep organized who's who.

Cons

My usage is limited as a downloader (and not an admin), but so far I see no shortcomings. I also do not know about the pricing as I am a user, and not a paying customer.

Response from FirmRoom

Replied February 2019

Thank you for the review! Glad to hear the platform was intuitive and laid out well.

Heather from Cibolo Energy Partners

Industry: Oil & Energy

Data Room/VDR - Good Service

FirmRoom was used as a virtual data room for a potential deal that we were evaluating. We were able to share files among the interested parties with no difficulties.

Pros

FirmRoom was easy to use to find the files that I needed. I was notified when new files were added or changed, which was very helpful to my business need.

Cons

I do not have any complaints about the software.

Response from FirmRoom

Replied July 2019

Thank you for your review Heather! We are happy to hear that FirmRoom was easy to use!

Jim from Pearachute

Nice simple data room

Pros

Does everything every other data room does. Where FirmRoom really shines is the customer support! A real live human being is happy to talk to you on the phone and help get things set up.

Cons

The interface was not very intuitive at first, but it makes sense as you use it.

Response from FirmRoom

Replied February 2019

Thanks for the review Jim! Glad to hear you had a great experience with our customer service team!

Rodrigo from Kennedys

Good quality

Good overall experience, once you get used to the features the experience is much happier.

Pros

Easy to use. In particular, I found it easy to search files.

Cons

Somewhat difficult to upload files, it takes too many steps.

Response from FirmRoom

Replied July 2019

Thanks for your feedback Rodrigo! We are glad to hear that it was easy to search files. If you have any questions about how to use our one-click drag-and-drop file upload please contact support@firmroom.com! Thank you again for your review!

Joey from Ultima Replenisher

Very easy to use

Pros

Just an easy and intuitive software experience without any real issues.

Cons

There wasn't anything I didn't like about using the software.

Response from DealRoom, a Day1 Company

Replied July 2019

Thanks Joey! Glad the platform was easy to use. Thanks again!

debra from mccarter & english llp

Industry: Law Practice

diligence

positive

Pros

was easy to view items & download; liked the notification options

Cons

hard to think of anything, I might like something that makes key word searches easier.. sometimes it seemed to work but otherwise not as much

Response from FirmRoom

Replied February 2019

Thanks for the review Debra! Glad to hear you had a good experience and appreciate the feedback on key word searches. Thanks again for the feedback!

MICHAEL from Capricorn Partners

FirmRoom helps stay organized

Single location for all types of due diligence documents

Pros

Clear folder based system that allows for easy access and drill down

Cons

Bit list based, may be more appealing if more visual

Response from FirmRoom

Replied July 2019

Thank you for the review Michael! And thank you for the feedback, we are always looking to improve!

Gary from Ultima Replenisher

Industry: Warehousing

Ultimaaccounting

Pros

Ease of use able to find items without searching

Cons

Cross referencing of items items could be in more then one tab.

Response from FirmRoom

Replied March 2019

Thanks for the review Gary! We appreciate the feedback!