What are The Receptionist for iPad users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using The Receptionist for iPad software through verified user reviews

• icon"We use this tool to capture data of walk in clients at the centre. It's amazing because we can easily run reports."
  • icon"It eliminated the cost of an employee and their benefits. It's easy for our guests to use."
  • icon"I also love that we can integrate it with Slack which we use."
  • icon"When someone arrives, the text can sometimes look off on my phone, but may be phone error, not app error."
  • icon"The foreign language option is limited. Meaning you have to personally sellect and translate all the text (painful)."
  • icon"The adjustment to buttons from an esthetic perspective can sometimes be slightly difficult or limited but it's still sufficient."

Browse all The Receptionist for iPad Reviews

• Have you used The Receptionist for iPad and would like to share your experience with others?

Jimmy

Nice Visitor Tracking Application

Pros

This application is very light and can be installed easily. It is a very simple application using which we can track visitors and also check who is expected to visit on a particular day

Cons

There are no cons. This is a very small application and everything has be thought of

Response from The Receptionist

Hi Jimmy, Thanks so much for posting a review about The Receptionist for iPad! I am so happy to hear that the application is working for you and Chegg Inc! Please don't hesitate to reach out to me personally if there is anything I can do for you. Sincerely, Andy Alsop, President andy@thereceptionist.com

Replied October 2018

May 2022

Easy to implement and working great!

Really like our implementation. It fits our needs well. The follow up customer service is exceptional.

Pros

Liked the ability to track and meet compliance of visitors. Ability to sign a visitor compliance document was a must.

Cons

Would like a few more design and font options to match our brand. Maybe a background slide show which can be changed as well as a video plays at end of sign in.

Reasons for switching to The Receptionist for iPad

Cost and features

Aidan

Good and bad. Lacking features in specific areas.

Pros

Ease of use and implementation. Very intuitive, best by far of the competition. Great at making the sign in process smooth for guests. Everything works as it should.

Cons

Feature Set and Customization. Other solutions have better ability to tweak features and modify from a plain vanilla solution. Every aspect could do with a few additional features to make the solution the ultimate virtual receptionist. Suggestions include: Ability to backdate checkout of guests in portal. Ability to receive notification if guest does not checkout by end of day or preset time. Ability to delete guests that are registered in device. Ability to block guests that have pre-registered and flag if guest attempts to re-register. Ability to send notifications on check out of guest. Ability to customize e-mail notification form and change sender address. Ability to fast sign in via phone OR e-mail address (make it customizable) Better layout for customizing visitor interface, what you see in portal is not always what you get. Ability to see how many times a guest has checked in previously by simply clicking on a previous visit. (Maybe more statistics)

Response from The Receptionist

Hi Aidan, I really appreciate you taking the time to send us your thoughts and feedback. Apologies for the delay in responding. I just wanted you to know that I have logged your feature requests in our feature tracking system. Our product and engineering team takes feedback very seriously! Thanks for being a member of The Receptionist Family! Sincerely, Andy Alsop, President andy@thereceptionist.com

Replied July 2018

Adrain

Very Good Product

The business problem I have and continue to solve is integrating the information I receive into Monday.com so my[SENSITIVE CONTENT] would know if there is an action on that visitor that he need to follow up with.

Pros

The most impactful was making sure I captured all of the information of the visitor. After a few weeks or month we realized we did not all of the information. Integrating the product with another product was not eventful for me. More importantly, when I research what I would like to do in The Receptionist it is very helpful.

Cons

From the knowledge I currently have the least is the name badges. I have not taken time to research if I can take a visitors picture without printing a name badge. I did a work around and put the label maker on the other side of the desk.

Reasons for choosing The Receptionist for iPad

I chose The Receptionist because it met all of the needs of our organization without a person being glued to the desk and still be able to give the visitor the quality of service they deserve.

Kaitlynn

June 2022

Best app for our check ins

Pros

I liked how easy it was to use and the ability to customize to be exactly what we needed it for.

Cons

What I liked least is the Support hours and time it sometimes takes to get back ti resolve an issue.

Merikay

Industry: Printing

May 2022

The Receptionist is an Amazing Product & Software.

So far so good. Trying to Customize the Receptionist with all the features it has to offer to our Company. I appreciate the customer support. I did also watch the 12 minute tutorial & found it helpful.

Pros

I love the visitor button and the delivery button. I was trying to get an Interview button set up under checking in, but the process confused me with too many impertinent questions for what I need the button to do. I have not had time but I will reach out to our representative Raven. I love how the software can be customizable to our Company Needs. (Returning Visitors. Delivery's so settings can notify employee of delivery.)

Cons

No way to notify 2 employees or more of a visitor or visitors waiting? Only option being 1 person.(?) But like the feature of back up notification.

Reasons for choosing The Receptionist for iPad

Our IT department ( Technology Architects, Green Bay WI) suggested it.

Casey

June 2022

Very nice system. Perfect for visitor management.

Pros

User interface, notification process, and visitor tracking/reporting.

Cons

So far there is nothing I do not like about the system.

Cynthia

Industry: Paper & Forest Products

Always on Duty

Excellent product and support team!

Pros

Easy to use and served our needs perfectly!

Cons

No negatives detected. Device pretty much plug and play.

Reasons for choosing The Receptionist for iPad

Out of the box "simple" and provided exactly what we were looking for.

Response from The Receptionist

Hey Cynthia, thank you for writing this awesome review! I'm so happy to hear it's working well for you and that it was easy to get up and running! And I love hearing our support team has you taken care of! Michael Ashford Director of Marketing

Replied February 2021

Terry

Industry: Semiconductors

June 2022

New to the Receptionist family.... time-saver!

Pros

Prior to the Receptionist, we conducted visitor management on an ad-hoc basis. Now, our Visitor Management is comprehensive, automated, standardized, audit able, and convenient. This also satisfies our government contract requirements.

Cons

Unfortunately, the printer regularly drops connection with WIFI and Bluetooth.

Reasons for choosing The Receptionist for iPad

N/A.... The Receptionist had all that I wanted and needed.

Bernard

Recommend For Any Business

Pros

Quality product, outstanding service, reliable, easy to use, fun to use, great first impression with visitors.

Cons

None.... have not seen any downside with this product

Response from The Receptionist

Hi Bernard! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. I am so happy to hear that our system is meeting your expectations and leaving a good impression with your visitors. That's what we all want! Michael Ashford Director of Marketing

Replied October 2020

Fast and easy touse

Does the job and does it well

Pros

Its helpful and send notification right away to me so its not like im isolated from the group to post at the door.

Cons

Sometimes it disconnects from the internet not sure if that an Ipad issue or the app just forces it out

Anne

Awesome Program

Awesome experience.

Pros

I really like that I can see who is all here at my fingertips. I can run reports to see who was here and how often. It is really easy to use. The best thing about this software is the customer support. It is superior and love the personal touch and that you are actually talking to someone live. They have a quick response time as well. SUPERIOR CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!!

Cons

I really haven't found one yet. Maybe the only thing is that if maybe when they start typing their email address or name that it recognizes it immediately and they don't have to fill in the whole thing.

Reasons for choosing The Receptionist for iPad

The ease of using our own forms and putting them in the system.

Bobina

Industry: Food Production

June 2022

Efficient way to manage visitor check in's and out

good

Pros

Easy tracking updates via email and messages list of all check in and out easily accessible safety

Cons

software hang up's printer set up for batch printing and maintain inventory

Katie

Industry: Judiciary

Overall, this as worked ok. The IDEA of it is amazing. It is just missing a few components to make it perfect. It has been very nice and opened up the line of communication and convenience with clients. In this line of work the ability to upload fillable documents and/or the ability to print out directly what they provide rather than having to convert information would be a huge help.

Pros

The convenience of it is exceptional for my clients. Especially those who have transportation conflicts. They can check in and report to me through the link which is very very nice for them and for me. I am in an office by myself so this has been very handy.

Cons

I am in the court system so we have to chrono and keep documents of everything. I wish there was a way to upload fillable documents my clients could fill out and than submit to me where I can print them out directly. Or give them an option to print directrly to my office. My computer does not convert over nicely and it is a hassle when I have so many clients checking in. I do not have the time to convert each report individually.

Thierry

LISA The Receptionist

We do not have a permament receptionist at the factory. This job was givin to the customer service team who doen't have the time nor the joy to do it all the time... especially in a pendemic situation. The Receptionist software allowed us to automate the visitors and employees management experience. We no longer use the traditional paper log visible to everyone who visit the factory. We also increassed the security and health of our visitors and employees by using the touchless login.

Pros

We named our software LISA (Log In System Autonomous). What I like about this software is the simplicity to configure it to my specific needs despite it's limitations when it comes to foreign languages and multiple work shifts. Our factory is in the Fench province of Quebec CANADA. Once you figure out what it can and cannot do, you work around it and it does the job.

Cons

The foreign language option is limited.. meaning you have to personally sellect and translate all the text (painful). The other thing missing is the ablility for the visitor to phone call the person you want to meet with via The Receptionist... you need to use a third party application and if you aren't familiar with it yet... you will need the help of their customer support. That been said, when it works it is great and LISA The Receptionist comes to life.

Reasons for choosing The Receptionist for iPad

I choose The Recptionist because it was simple to use and to configure during the trial period. What really signed me on was their customer service... they called it "Radical Customer Service" and let me tell you it is. If you need help... no matter what someone will get in touch with you before you hang-up. They are that good and it makes a big difference when you are in another Country and need help right away. I strongly recommend The Receptionist to anyone who's looking to automate their visitors and employees management experience.

Ian

An experience worth far more than the cost.

Automation, cost savings from using paper visitor logs, and ease of use!

Pros

There is not enough space to say all the Pros with the receptionist. The most astounding and remarkable feature of The Receptionist is the customer service and support. In the several months I've been using it, I've never had to wait more than 5 minutes for a problem solution. The problems are solved almost immediately, and if they can't be, we figure out an alternate solution to the problem at hand. Furthermore, this is a company that actually LISTENS and DEPLOYS suggestions. I've submitted several suggestions to them, and almost all of them have been implemented. If the suggestion benefits the overall experience of the customers, it gets added very quickly! In the years I've spent in IT and using dozens different applications and software, this is one that actually listens to it's customers and works very close with them to ensure everyone is happy. There's an abundance of different features you can customize to what you need your receptionist to do. We use 2 for lobby "visitor" check-in, and one for the shipping department for truck drivers to check in and clock their time. It's incredibly versatile!

Cons

For an advanced user, some features feel a little bit limited, however they are quickly working on improving functionality of certain features to make it even more versatile! There aren't many cons I can come up with!

Response from The Receptionist

Hello Ian, All I can say is Wow! I can't tell you how happy, as the president of the company, to read your review. What a way to start off a Monday morning. :-) We are honored to have Autoneum as a member of The Receptionist Family. You obviously know where to reach us if you need anything and I am including my personal information so feel free to reach out anytime. Sincerely, Andy Alsop, President andy@thereceptionist.com

Replied January 2018

Sinéad

Fantastic from start to finish!

Professionalism, Health & Safety compliance, value for money!!

Pros

The entire software really is superb, I cannot fault it. I have had many of our visitors remark on its simplicity. All in all, I have found my user and administrator experience excellent. That's from my first inquiry about the software, straight through to delivery, including iPad and printer! And the support, which for me is the strongest attribute, is absolutely outstanding. I have found the support to be responsive, professional, patient and polite. And with me being in the Republic of Ireland, that's all with a time difference. I have for the most part been dealing with the lovely customer service agent, who has been brilliant, but that said, any other operator I have been in touch with have equally been as helpful and obliging. On a few occasions, I have also used the extremely useful notes and guidelines and they are spot on, so accurately written and easy to follow. The value for money is amazing and with unlimited everything, you simply can't beat this product. So simple to use as a guest and so easy and straight forward to use as an operator. I highly recommend The Receptionist to any business looking to introduce a visitor management system.

Cons

There is nothing I dislike about The Receptionist BUT if I had to choose one thing, the only con I can come up with (and it really is not a big deal) is that our logo doesn't print out in its full colour.

Response from The Receptionist

Hi Sinéad, Wow! Thank you so much for your very nice compliments. I have shared your review with our entire team. We are proud to count Control Equipment Limited as a new member of The Receptionist Family in the Republic of Ireland. :-) Let us know if there is anything more we can do for you and your team. Sincerely, ¿ Andy Alsop, President ¿andy@thereceptionist.com

Replied November 2017

Kevin

We are using this in a school setting and it is very helpful in helping us to keep track of visitors

Security and peace of mind in knowing that we have a way to know who is on campus at all times.

Pros

Customer support is fantastic! Can't stress that enough. The ease of use and keeping track of our visitors is very helpful and works great. A lot of our visitors are impressed with the use of technology to keep track of things. The use of printable badges helps everyone to know who is on campus and why, great product on that end.

Cons

One of the main reasons we chose this product was for attendance tracking. There was very little follow up on whether this product was capable of handling this for us aside from the initial sales pitch where we were sold on the idea it could. After a few months there was no clear resolution made from The Receptionist side and it was determined from our side that it was not able to support this need. We were sold three accounts and only needed two, one for each of our locations. The transition to this product would have been better had these issues been addressed better to start.

Response from The Receptionist

Dear Kevin, First off let me apologize. I am sorry that your pre-sales experience with our partner was not up to our standards. I am actively looking into this and I promise to get back in touch with you. Setting that aside I am so glad that the software is working well for you and Port View and that you have experienced our Radical Support. Thank you for being a member of The Receptionist Family! Sincerely, ¿ Andy Alsop, President ¿andy@thereceptionist.com

Replied August 2017

Brian

Industry: Machinery

Gets The Job Done

We wanted to do away with receptionists at our Corporate office, so we replaced that functionality with the iPad receptionist app. It's worked reliably for us, for the most part. The updates are highly manual, but that's usually not an issue. It took a few months for everyone in the office to get used to it, but here we are two years later still using it. Will probably replace this solution with a custom MS PowerApp at some point.

Pros

The portal interface can be mastered in a couple hours. There really isn't much investment needed to learn everything about the product and get your account up and running. Great customer service.

Cons

The actual options of this application are minimal. I've found myself on more than one occasion "hacking" together a solution based on the options available.

Response from The Receptionist

Hello Brian! Thanks for posting a review. I'm happy that it has been quick and easy to get up and running and that you've been able to experience our Radical Support. We really want to know more about your having to hack together some solutions. Our Dir of Engineering will be reaching out to you to learn more. Thanks for being a member of The Receptionist Family! Sincerely, Andy Alsop, President andy@thereceptionist.com

Replied August 2018

Derek

July 2016

TDK-Lambda Americas Inc.

Before choosing iPad Receptionist we tried 3 other major Visitor Management software systems. We downloaded their free trials (typically 30 day) and purchased some equipment (ipad & badge printer) to have real world experience with all of them. Out of all of them, iPad Receptionist was by far the easiest to set up for the administrator of the system. The visitor sign in/sign out and host notification processes are both intuitive and reliable.

Pros

None of the other systems tested came close to being competitive in regard to cost and customer service. Another feature we like is the system is regularly being updated with improvements and more options. The people that we have spoken with and emailed at the company give us a real feeling that they care about your needs as a customer.

Cons

The only issue we have had has been that our badge printer is networked and for some reason it occasionally goes to Wifi mode and badges will not print, but the system still notifies the host.

Response from The Receptionist

Hi Derek, Thank you so much for your very nice review! It was a pleasure meeting you last week at the TDK-Lambda facility. It's super impressive what you are doing and great to see so many high-end manufacturing jobs in the US! Let us know if there is anything we can do for you. Sincerely, Andy Alsop, President andy@theipadreceptionist.com

Replied July 2016

Nicole

Improved Visitor Process

Pros

This product has improved our visitor sign in process exponentially. It has also allowed us a much better way to track and manage our guests both single and large groups. This software is extremely easy to set up and manage. Whenever I have run into a problem with this software and had to work with their customer support it has always been a wonderful experience. Their support staff is amazing.

Cons

The only complaints that I have are in regards to the printer. There is only one brand of printer that can be used with this system and the quality of the tape roll that is used in not very good. It does not stick well to most fabrics to usually within a few mins the name tag is lost somewhere.

Cost

Response from The Receptionist

Hi Nicole, Thank you for the wonderful review. I am so happy to hear that our system has helped you in such a material way. I also love hearing your feedback about our support. We take it seriously, and our team will be happy to read your comments. I will pass along your feedback about the printer tape roll to our team as well. We tend to see this happening more with the 'off brand' labels that work with Brother and not Brother's branded labels, as well as old labels. Thanks again! Sincerely Andy Alsop, President andy@thereceptionist.com

Replied October 2019

Jamie

Excellent Investment!

We have eliminated the antiquated pen and ink visitor log by using The Receptionist for iPad. We have freed up time for our Office Administrator to spend on other tasks. Integrating The Receptionist for iPad with our HubSpot account has become a great help to our sales team.

Pros

The notifications feature. We have a lot of visitors come through and if our lobby attendant isn't available, they do not have to wait around for someone to help them. They simply register through the iPad and their contact is notified immediately.

Cons

That the pre-registration feature doesn't work with the touch-free feature. If those two options were "married" it would be a match made in heaven!

Reasons for choosing The Receptionist for iPad

The feature that allows the visitor and their contact person to text after they check-in has been a game changer. We no longer need to page people to the lobby and hope they heard the page. Visitors get an immediate response from their contact that they are on their way to greet them. Notification go to both email and text - everyone has agreed it's a wonderful feature.

Jeff

Industry: Wholesale

Nice sign-in solution

It's slick, and it looks professional up front. Customers are kind of impressed, which is nice.

Pros

We use The Receptionist to allow visitors to sign in (and print visitor badges) on an iPad. It works really well, and notifies our users by SMS and email when they have a guest who has signed in.

Cons

Would really like to see it integrate with UPS, FedEx, and USPS tracking for package arrivals/notifications. This would make it much more useful to us. We're still doing packages on a paper log.

Reasons for choosing The Receptionist for iPad

We looked at several, and this seemed to have the best features for the price.

Response from The Receptionist

Hi Jeff! Thank you so much for leaving such a fantastic review of our system. I'm happy to hear that you and your customers enjoy the experience. Regarding delivery notifications, have you tried our Delivery Button option to send employees package delivery notifications? Chat with our support team on our website if you have questions. Best, Andy Alsop President & CEO

Kendhal

Industry: Mental Health Care

Very easy to use and navigate, excellent price, superb customer service!

Our staff is now immediately notified with a delivery is made or a client presents for a session. No more checking the lobby a dozen times! Our clients also like that the know the therapist has been notified since we do not have a traditional front desk staff.

Pros

I searched for a long time to find a check in system that would work for my office. I tried many systems and ultimately chose the receptionist because it is very easy to set up, allows for multiple offices on the same subscription, was affordable, and allowed for a customized and simple check in process. I also love that we can integrate it with Slack which we use.

Cons

I wish it worked on android devices because those are far less expensive than iPads. I also would like for the company to be willing to sign a BAA for HIPPA compliance. However, we were able to find a workaround to avoid asking for PHI from clients checking in.

Response from The Receptionist

Hi Kendhal, thanks for the amazing review! Your feedback is truly appreciated. I'm so glad to hear that you're having an excellent customer service experience with our team, and that you're finding so much value in all the features The Receptionist for iPad offers. Sounds like we've saved you and your staff some time now that they don't have to check the lobby constantly, which is wonderful to hear! Michael Ashford Director of Marketing

Deborah

Industry: Warehousing

Reception Ease

Since we no longer have a Receptionist at our Front Desk, we urgently needed something to direct visitors as well as log their visit. The Receptionist for iPad looked like a "User" Friendly option and it has turned out to be a simple way to resolve our issue, without making it too complicated for the visitor.

Pros

Easy steps for setup of visitor checkin/checkout process, convenient retrieval and export of visitor logs. Also like that multiple locations can easily be setup by cloning an existing setup. Excellent customer service which always provides us with fast responses to questions.

Cons

Would like to see the software available for an android tablet as well. Would also like ability for more customizing of visitor buttons using some logic options. Since there is only room for 6 buttons maximum, would be nice if check-in process could be controlled by answers to question(s) that are presented to visitors, which in turn could follow a "what happens next" for that customer type.

Response from The Receptionist

Thank you for sharing your feedback! It is extremely valuable, and we take it seriously. Your requests for the product enhancements you mentioned are definitely things we've heard before, and we are exploring these items for future upgrades. Thanks for being an amazing customer! Michael Ashford Director of Marketing

The Receptionist for iPad