All The Receptionist for iPad Reviews

Saves Time & Money.

Ashante

Warehousing, 11-50 employees

Reviewed December 2019

Best "remote" receptionist there is!

Its been fun and easy to use for both our clients and myself. We don't have a receptionist yet, because our office isn't set up that way. However, this is great to use because our clients can sort of help themselves until someone comes out to assist them.

PROS

I love that we can make this extremely customizable so that the clients feel like they're truly getting taken care of and not just another number. The check in process is super important because that's like a first impression, so I love how we can customize it to certain visitors.

CONS

Pricing is a bit off to me. I think we wish there was the ability to have a Basic package for employee contacts over 24. We have about 30 or so, but don't need everything that Premium offers. Premium is the next level up in order to include over 24 ppl.

Ashante, we're so grateful you took the time to leave us a review. We all want to make a great first impression, and it's wonderful to hear that we can help your team do so. Thank you so much for being a customer! -Kayla Hollenbaugh, Digital Campaigns Manager

Replied May 2020

Reviewed July 2022

The receptionist

Very positive. Visitors also appreciate how easy it is.

PROS

Has had incredible uptime and support has been quick to assist with any issues. The ability to have guests sign legal waivers before getting their badge printed out is very helpful.

CONS

Selecting different sites and be convoluted.

Cheaper and well baked.

Katie

Judiciary, 1 employee

Reviewed May 2021

Overall, this as worked ok. The IDEA of it is amazing. It is just missing a few components to make it perfect. It has been very nice and opened up the line of communication and convenience with clients. In this line of work the ability to upload fillable documents and/or the ability to print out directly what they provide rather than having to convert information would be a huge help.

PROS

The convenience of it is exceptional for my clients. Especially those who have transportation conflicts. They can check in and report to me through the link which is very very nice for them and for me. I am in an office by myself so this has been very handy.

CONS

I am in the court system so we have to chrono and keep documents of everything. I wish there was a way to upload fillable documents my clients could fill out and than submit to me where I can print them out directly. Or give them an option to print directrly to my office. My computer does not convert over nicely and it is a hassle when I have so many clients checking in. I do not have the time to convert each report individually.

Karim

Security and Investigations, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2023

Karim elshebshery

Not expensive to buy and sound is softly

PROS

Very good for all to buy iPad and no expensive

CONS

The quality of sound and materials are very high and good

Reasons for switching to The Receptionist for iPad

Softly sound and high

Reviewed January 2018

I couldn't be happier with both the product and the service.

PROS

it is easy to use and makes for a more efficient sign in process. if there is a problem the support staff is quick to respond and help find an solution to whatever your issue is.

CONS

I have no serious cons to list. the only slight complaint I would have would be the limited ability to design and customize fonts for the home page.

Thank you for posting a review about The Receptionist for iPad! I am so glad you are enjoying our Radical Support. I am going to add your request for additional design and customization for the Home Screen to our feature request log. Thank you for being a member of The Receptionist Family! Sincerely, Andy Alsop, President andy@thereceptionist.com

Replied January 2018

Adrianne

Construction, 201-500 employees

Reviewed October 2023

FCL Builders loves The Receptionist

We now have visitors getting addressed quickly, rather than standing around confused on what to do or where to go. Before they wandered our large lobby to find a bell to ring and I could tell they felt awkward and lost. The Receptionist has given our visitors the comfort and ease to know what to do when they arrive.

PROS

We love how quickly we can attend to a visitor and how little the wait times are for our visitors. We dont have a "front desk person" and The Receptionist has helped tremendously with our important visitors

CONS

This software is very methodical and folks have taken into consideration all possible aspects for all possible business situations. It is one of the most thorough Apps have ever used.

Karol

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Reviewed February 2023

Receptionist Great for school volunteer check-in

The customer service and assistance with set-up was incredible. [sensitive content hidden] was so patient and helpful with all aspects that she made it fun and educational.

PROS

The Receptionist is easy to install, use and allows us to keep track of all the volunteers on our school campus. It is also helpful in the event of emergency that we can have a list of our volunteers on campus so we can have a complete head count.

CONS

If you want to have your visitor name badges/labels in 4 color they are very expensive so I wish there was a less expensive alternative.

Ryan

Telecommunications, 51-200 employees

Reviewed August 2018

The Receptionist

PROS

I love this product. Super simple to set up, customize, change/update, and manage. A real great 'set it and forget it' kind of product.

CONS

While i'm not 100% sure it has anything to do with the app, sometimes when a guest is typing in their name the keyboard goes completely crazy and makes it difficult. While not really a 'con' per se, but a feature request would be to have it make a phone call, announcement over a PA or maybe a prerecorded message, or something similar. Maybe relay it through Twilio or something similar?

Hi Ryan! Thanks for leaving this amazing review! I am stoked that you're enjoying it so much. Regarding your question about connecting to Twilio to make a PA call, you can do this using our Zapier integration! Chat with our support team on our website if you'd like help setting this up! Michael Ashford Director of Marketing

Replied May 2020

Zach

Used less than 12 months

Reviewed February 2018

The Receptionist has been a game changer for our company

PROS

We like most that it is able to keep a directory of all of our employees and then when a visitor comes in it sends them a text message that they are here.

CONS

The app has crashed a few times but other than that we have not had many issues with the software itself.

Hi Zach, Thanks so much for posting a review about The Receptionist for iPad! I am so glad that our software is working well for you. Have you been in contact with our support team about the app crashing? While that is not something we've heard from other customers I would recommend downloading the latest version of the app to see if that solves the problem. Please feel free to reach out to me personally if that continues. Thanks for being a member of The Receptionist team! Sincerely, Andy Alsop, President andy@thereceptionist.com

Replied February 2018

Esther

Construction, 201-500 employees

Reviewed August 2023

Instant Notifications!!

This was the best purchase we made during our move to the new office.

PROS

With the recent move, our new building was way to large to have the admins running around notifying employees of their visitor arrivals. The instant notifications have helped tremendously.

CONS

The connection to the printer is a bit difficult to deal with at times.

Reason for choosing The Receptionist for iPad

I came highly recommended by our surveillance staff.

Diana

Government Administration, 11-50 employees

Reviewed June 2023

City of Oakley Review

PROS

I like the fact that check-in/out is self-explanatory. On my end I'm able to add and remove items I may not need.

CONS

In the beginning I didn't like all the updates for the iPad but that's to be expected with new technology.

Reason for choosing The Receptionist for iPad

PriceEasy to use.Something was offered that wasn't offered by other (I can't remember what that was)

Brian

Machinery, 5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed August 2018

Gets The Job Done

We wanted to do away with receptionists at our Corporate office, so we replaced that functionality with the iPad receptionist app. It's worked reliably for us, for the most part. The updates are highly manual, but that's usually not an issue. It took a few months for everyone in the office to get used to it, but here we are two years later still using it. Will probably replace this solution with a custom MS PowerApp at some point.

PROS

The portal interface can be mastered in a couple hours. There really isn't much investment needed to learn everything about the product and get your account up and running. Great customer service.

CONS

The actual options of this application are minimal. I've found myself on more than one occasion "hacking" together a solution based on the options available.

Hello Brian! Thanks for posting a review. I'm happy that it has been quick and easy to get up and running and that you've been able to experience our Radical Support. We really want to know more about your having to hack together some solutions. Our Dir of Engineering will be reaching out to you to learn more. Thanks for being a member of The Receptionist Family! Sincerely, Andy Alsop, President andy@thereceptionist.com

Replied August 2018

Packaging and Containers, 51-200 employees

Reviewed May 2022

Easy to implement and working great!

Really like our implementation. It fits our needs well. The follow up customer service is exceptional.

PROS

Liked the ability to track and meet compliance of visitors. Ability to sign a visitor compliance document was a must.

CONS

Would like a few more design and font options to match our brand. Maybe a background slide show which can be changed as well as a video plays at end of sign in.

Reasons for switching to The Receptionist for iPad

Cost and features

Renee

Reviewed September 2017

It has been a welcomed change to our office. Both guests and employees alike find it very helpful.

PROS

What we like most about the software is the ability to customize every option. We have been able to make adjustments with ease and instantly.

CONS

The admin site does not automatically upload the visitor log when someone checks in or if there is activity with pick-ups and deliveries. The admin will have to remember to refresh the page to see an update. Also, we also have several visitors and customers we try to accommodate with the "delivery" option but are limited with selections so not everyone has their own button. It can cause some confusion.

Hi Renee, I really appreciate your posting a review about The Receptionist! I am so glad you are finding the software configurable to your needs. Also, I can't thank you enough for submitting your feature requests. We take these requests very seriously. I have submitted posted them to our feature request system and attached your email address so that you will be notified when they are released. Thank you for being a member of The Receptionist family! Sincerely, Andy Alsop, President andy@thereceptionist.com

Replied September 2017

Steven

Used free trial

Reviewed December 2015

Highly Customizable and Affordable Reception/Notification Software

For the last 8 months I have been testing out 10 different receptionist applications to find the best one that suited our companies needs. The iPad Receptionist was the clear winner due to its ease of use, customization, and amazing customer support. We were looking for a notification system that allowed our employees to receive text messages when their guests were in our lobby. We also wanted our admins to be notified as well incase someone was away from their phone. The relay system with The iPad Receptionist is fantastic and allows our admins to be notified if the original employee does not respond within a minute. USPS and Fedex complained about our last application that we put in the field because they didn't want to type anything in and it was too confusing. With our current system, it could not be easier as they no longer need to type anything in and can choose preset options. We have gotten a lot of positive feedback since the change. From an admin standpoint, the backend is very easy to use/update. We were able to upload a CSV file with all the information, and set the relay contacts for each contact very easily. The price is also very reasonable. It fell within the middle, price wise, out of the 10 applications I tested. The customer service has been phenomenal! Their response time is great, and they are always very nice. Even more important though, I have submitted 2 bug reports that were taken care of within days, and have submitted feature requests that came out in later versions. It has been great working with The iPad Receptionist as they have made my job a lot easier.

Hi Steve, Thank you so much for the detailed and kind review of The iPad Receptionist! I know this takes time out of your day and I just want you to know it is much appreciated. Let myself or anyone on our team know if you need anything. Sincerely, Andy Alsop, President andy@theipadreceptionist.com

Replied December 2015

Defense & Space, 51-200 employees

Reviewed November 2017

Incredibly efficient and easy to use!

Easy way to track visitors Keeps NDR records for us Automatically uploads records Repeat visitors aren't frustrated anymore!

PROS

Fast, simple, easy to check in, check out, and log visitors. It's a great system for our business and we get a TON of compliments on it!

CONS

I would love to see a simple AD integration tool for this, but it's not like i'm hiring 30 people a week, so it's not a huge priority for us right now

Hi Daniel, I appreciate your taking the time to post a review about The Receptionist for iPad! I am glad that the system is working out well and that it puts Endeavor Robotics in a good light with your visitors. We do have a way to integrate with your AD. I will email you separately to be sure you have received this info in the past. Thank you for being a member of The Receptionist Family! Sincerely, Andy Alsop, President andy@thereceptionist.com

Replied November 2017

Amanda

Hospital & Health Care, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed August 2016

Excellent product!

We've been using iPad Receptionist in multiple locations for a couple of years now. The ease of use is amazing. They have made some modifications over the years to allow for some personalization, which is good. We receive a lot of comments about how "cool it is" when our guests arrive.

PROS

Personalization, functionality, easy modifications

CONS

The pictures taken of the guests are always dark.

Hi Amanda, Thanks so much for posting a review of The Receptionist for iPad! I have asked Jessica from our support team to followup with you to help with setting the timeout on the chat screen. Thanks for being a member of The Receptionist family! Sincerely, Andy Alsop, President andy@thereceptionist.com

Replied August 2016