All 8x8 Work Reviews

Sabrina

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 51 - 200 employees

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed February 2022

Easy to use, useful tool.

Ashley

Staffing and Recruiting, 11-50 employees

Reviewed April 2021

Perfect Business Phone System!!

We absolutely love 8x8 virtual office, we do not see a world where we would switch to a different phone software. If you are looking for a seamless phone software look no further!

PROS

8x8 virtual office is awesome! There are so many cool features to this software. We have used 8x8 for over 5 years now, customer service has always been super helpful if we ever had any issues or questions. Purchasing new phones for new employees is a breeze, and setting everything up is always straight forward! What more can you ask for? We also love that virtual office has the chat feature, we utilize this daily to chat with all of the employees. We also love that there is a app, all of the employees have this app on their phone and have been using it like their desk phone during this COVID work from home time.

CONS

there are sometimes some delays, but very rarely is there any issues!

Reason for choosing 8x8 Work

N/A - we always went straight to 8x8 virtual office.

We're happy to see that you had a 5-Star experience at 8x8. Thanks for sharing!

Replied December 2021

Sinisa

Translation and Localization, 11-50 employees

Reviewed February 2024

Great experience

PROS

We've been using 8x8 for years, and our experience has been consistently positive. It is highly user-friendly for both regular users and administrators. On a few occasions, we encountered connection issues, but 8x8's support promptly assisted in troubleshooting. It turned out the problem was with our team members' internet connection. We give it a perfect 10/10 and highly recommend it.

CONS

We didn't run into any issues that we couldn't solve.

Hi, Sinisa. Thank you for leaving such a positive review. It's great to hear you had a positive experience with 8x8 and that when you needed support, you were promptly assisted. Thank you for your support!

Replied April 2024

Samantha

Law Practice, 51-200 employees

Reviewed September 2023

8x8 Nightmare

Horribly unreliable, inconsistent and no one is responding to our emails. The system its self worked okay without the integration but the inaccurate billing is wild to me.

PROS

The ease of use was all that we appreciated of 8x8.

CONS

- The fact that they could not integrate as they said they could into Litify. - They were double billing us. Charging us yearly and then monthly and then constantly trying to reimburse and then recharge our cc again. - During this time, I was communicating with 8x8 and it was a slow process, and they decided that they should shut our phones off. I called and they turned them back on saying they saw the conversations regarding the charges and that it wont happen again until it is resolved. A week later they shut them off again and told me that I had to pay the whole year off even though they owed me 3k still and we had not ironed out the billing. So they said we had to pay fine. They couldn't take my payment over the phone and it was an absolute joke. Couldn't turn it back on with my money but couldn't take our money. Interesting, right? - They told us they were going to reimburse our 9k that they charged and we have yet to receive the refund even though our rep told us they were going to credit us back. He is now unresponsive to me as well.

Dallas

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Reviewed March 2020

8x8 works great for an ip phone client

Works well to manage and make calls from my computer, nice that I can connect it to my actual deskphone or just use the internet to make calls all from my work number. The mobile android app was not as easy to use and receive calls on.

PROS

I use the computer app to manage my phone calls and texts from my work number. It works as needed, and it's nice that I can even text from there too.

CONS

I downloaded the app to my phone to make calls from my work number using my cell phone, and when receiving and making calls from there, I had multiple people tell me they couldn't hear me, and then I will hang up and call again using my cell phone's default dialer, and it's better. The mobile app had some other small hangups, ended up deleting it and just using the computer program while at my desk.

Cinthya

Outsourcing/Offshoring, 201-500 employees

Reviewed November 2019

This is an amazing dialer software for mid to large size contact centers.

Very pleased with the overall experience, 8x8 is an amazing tool for Contact Center and call-driven interactions, keep in mind you will still need a softphone software to sync it with. I would gladly recommend 8x8 to other users.

PROS

This an optimal tool for many platforms like Salesforce, Zendesk, and many other softphone platforms, it allows multi-way calls and also comes with its own monitoring/Storing platform which is suitable for Quality assurance and overall interaction tracking.

CONS

It can come a little pricey, and, its UI is a little too mechanical compared to other platforms in the market. nonetheless, its capabilities overcompensate for such details.

Thomas

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Reviewed October 2022

8x8 has some work that needs to be done

PROS

Their customer service was extremely helpful and very nice

CONS

When working with the sales rep when initially purchasing this plan we were told several things that were unfortunately not able to be completed. From the beginning we constantly had issues from our soft phones not working to our best phones restarting randomly

Reasons for switching to 8x8 Work

I was trying to integrate multiple applications into one platform

Dear Thomas, we regret the inconvenience caused. To help us understand the problem in detail, please share your contact details at reviews@8x8.com. We would be more than happy to assist you. Best Regards.

Replied October 2022

Raymond

Insurance, 11-50 employees

Reviewed March 2024

Great Phone system

PROS

Ease of use after set up. Quick customer service turn arounds

CONS

Not having the ability t pay other than credit card.

Reasons for switching to 8x8 Work

Needed new equipment, slow install timeframes, very costly. Had to buy special data feed to run the system.

Hi Raymond, thank you for leaving a review. We are thrilled you like the 8x8 product and find it easy to use. Thank you for choosing 8x8!

Replied March 2024

Luis

Real Estate, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed March 2024

8x8 Gets the job done.

PROS

The ease of use for the users and how it easy it is to setup.

CONS

Can't say there is something in particular that I dislike. I guess when you get a new line and it's not working properly but contacting support it gets resolved immediately.

Hi Luis, we are thrilled you find 8x8 easy to use and any issues you have are resolved quickly. Thank you for choosing 8x8!

Replied March 2024

Bethany

Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

Reviewed July 2018

We switched to a new phone system because of flaws in 8x8

Not the worst but not the best phone system

PROS

It has all the functions that are desirable in a phone system. Calls, IMs, faxing, etc. It is a classic phone system that can meet your minimum requirements and the dial-in app for creating meetings works well.

CONS

Our company switched to a new phone system because we would have frequent dropped calls and the IMs would not notify when a message was sent until hours later.

Staffing and Recruiting, 11-50 employees

Reviewed February 2019

8 x 8

PROS

I like 8 x 8 for the fact that it is easy to use. Makes calling people very easy as well as texting very simple. Plus you can keep your privacy and have all the messages in one place.

CONS

This software honestly crashes quite a bit on my Mac set up and can cause some issues with connectivity. I don't know if it is the application that is doing it or the VoiP having issues with it however it does not work 100%.

Cheryl

Hospital & Health Care, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2016

Why Broadband Phones for Offices?

Why do I like this company? Not only do I like this company I have a great relationship with working from my office phones and using this wonderful broadband phone company. Now wait, no landlines in my office. No landlines. I was able to work with this team and duplicate my office phones and place them in my home as well. I do a lot of cloud technology for our Dental office and it is important to have a phone system that can pull the load. I love the fact that I have an automated attendant that can play any message I record on it. I can custom fit it to our office and place any message I want our patients to hear. Now lets get down to the flexibility of this phone system. Ready? I can answer calls from a phone, on the computer, on an app on my cell phone anywhere. This company has the ability to track any call that comes in. If a patient does not leave a message I can still get in touch with them to help them out. New people calling in also can get a call back even if they do not leave a message. Now you say if you had a big staff you would not need to have to call them back you would answer the phone. True, but I save on staff salary, and possible lack of staff motivation this way. I roll the money back into the practice. If I am doing office work in another location and it is after hours I am still able to monitor the calls and call them right back. If it is an emergency they can get scheduled very quickly. The team at 8x8.com can customize your phone needs for any size office. They were able to help me out when I needed a fax machine very quickly lets, say in the next two hours. I still remember that day that I called my sales rep out in the West Coast about 6:30 am and he went far and beyond to help our company set up a broadband fax machine. He grabbed his coffee and within 2 hours my fax machine was up and running. This helped our patient with keeping an appointment that they need to go to and not have to reschedule. The office that sprang the surprise on us was quick to note how fast our team came threw. 8X8.com is part of our team because I feel that we are on the same team. You will not get a better team working for you when it comes to your phone needs. This team is BAA compliant for medical and dental offices. Also not just medical and dental but for insurance companies, accountants and many other offices that fit into HIPPA compliance. Love working with their technology team when I need to change anything on my phone system. These guys are great to work with and I guess that is why we have been going strong with them now since 2014.

PROS

The 8x8 team is the best. Great technology and great customer support!

CONS

Our office has been with 8x8 from February of 2014 and has had no reason to change to another company.

Joshua

Wholesale, 51-200 employees

Reviewed October 2023

Needs Help

Probably one of the biggest headaches I have had to deal with with a vendor. Literally almost cost me my job. The only reason I was able to save my job was my documentation.

PROS

There really was not anything I liked about 8x8. I am no longer using as result. When I attempted to give them the right to keep my business, they did not compete but tried vehemently to continually lock me back into my contract.

CONS

8x8 does not even compare to the lowest on the market. When I took over an IT department, part of my duties was to locate a new VoIP service. 8x8 was the service at the time. Calls were constantly mixed up, they do not have a queue, they can not facilitate even the easiest of call centers, and there is no reporting. The support is impossible to deal with. They require a 90 day cancellation notice, when I was with 8x8 i notified them 5 months before contract cancellation, after the cancellation was completed 2 months later they tried to bill me again for the annual fee. It took 6 months of arguing and showing them the documents to get them to agree. Email chains and everything. If you are a customer, document everything, especially if you are planning on leaving. Their customer support is impossible to talk to and the only way to get anything taken care of is to use their chat feature, but it never works.

I chose other products instead of 8x8

Howard

Law Practice, 51-200 employees

Reviewed September 2023

Run away from this Company

When we cancelled our service, they admitted they owed us over $9000.00, but have refused to refund our money. Their service team was not able to fix our technical issues. There are much better phone companies out there. Just do not choose this one.

PROS

Not much. The Cons out-way the Pros. The phone units they provided work, sometimes.

CONS

They lied. They said that they can integrate. But they can't. Do not believe the sales people. They will tell you what you want to hear and not the capabilities of the system.

Reasons for switching to 8x8 Work

8x8 indicated they had a working API with Litify. They were listed on the Litify site as integrated. They were not integrated. They were not able to make the integration work and eventually gave up. Litify has removed them from their integration list. We called a breach in the contract and it went south from there. They have admitted they owe us over $9000.00 but they refuse to pay. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY

Keyana

Reviewed April 2018

8x8 is especially useful when employees are working from home and need to be accessible to clients.

PROS

Without this software - particularly, its mobile app - it would not be possible for me to work from home ever. With the app, I am able to keep in touch with clients by phone, without them ever having access to my personal cell phone number or even knowing that I'm not actually in the office. The call quality is sometimes even better than that of my Verizon cell phone quality, which says a lot. I am continuously surprised and pleased by how clear and loud each call is, even when clients are calling from a mobile line.

CONS

The desktop app and website could use a refresh. They're both easy enough to navigate, but are a bit dated in appearance. In terms of functionality, I find that the mobile app will sometimes "time out" when I start using another program, and I realize once I'm back in the office that I've missed a call or two. I've had that happen on two different cell phones, so I'm certain it's 8x8 and not anything I'm doing. That's obviously a major con for the software, so a bug like that needs to not happen ever.

Ron

Insurance, 2-10 employees

Reviewed December 2021

How I use 8x8 telephone systems

We had 8x8 and made the mistake of switching vendors. that was 3 month disaster. We came flying back to 8x8.

PROS

Ease of use and prompt follow up serice

CONS

there is no pure answer to that question.

answered already

Reasons for switching to 8x8 Work

Cost, efficient service. We were not happy with Bellsouth and try as they may it just made matters worst. switched to 8X8 and it was seamless and made our crew happy.

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a 5-star review.

Replied January 2022

Katja

Hospitality, 51-200 employees

Reviewed October 2022

Buggy but Simple to Use!

8x8 is pretty simple and easy to navigate. It satisfies all of the basic requirements for our call center, albeit with a few bugs. Overall, however, there are a large number of pros that outweigh the cons.

PROS

8x8 is very easy to use. Training new employees to use the app for calling and texting is very straight-forward and requires minimal instruction. It also satisfies the majority of our duties in the call center.

CONS

Sometimes calls come in and the notification is delayed or there is no audio notification. I also wish there were a way for users to block individual callers than having to ask our IT department to block their numbers. Sometimes the audio sequence is not initialized and there is no discernible audio. Finally, connecting bluetooth headphones to the app is also more complicated than it should be.

Dear Katja, we regret the inconvenience caused. To help us understand the problem in detail, please share your contact details at reviews@8x8.com. We would be more than happy to assist you. Best Regards.

Replied October 2022