What are 8x8 X Series users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using 8x8 X Series software through verified user reviews

• icon"The best feature is the call recording for QA management purposes, it allows you to both load and downloads any phone interactions for you to be able to monitor quality."
  • icon"This service is great for both inbound and outbound calls coming directly from any type of CRM you are using, it could be custom-built or salesforce directly."
  • icon"Great calling app with a lot of features. Connection is generally good if you have LTE or fibre optic wifi."
  • icon"The worst aspect of 8x8 Virtual Office was dealing with their support."
  • icon"I find it difficult to do anything on 8x8 besides look at my missed calls and voicemails."
  • icon"The app can be somewhat buggy. There are times when the app becomes unstable and takes some time get back to functional."

Browse all 8x8 X Series Reviews

• Have you used 8x8 X Series and would like to share your experience with others?

Sabrina

Company size: 2 - 10 employees

February 2022

Easy to use, useful tool.

Ashley

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

Perfect Business Phone System!!

We absolutely love 8x8 virtual office, we do not see a world where we would switch to a different phone software. If you are looking for a seamless phone software look no further!

Pros

8x8 virtual office is awesome! There are so many cool features to this software. We have used 8x8 for over 5 years now, customer service has always been super helpful if we ever had any issues or questions. Purchasing new phones for new employees is a breeze, and setting everything up is always straight forward! What more can you ask for? We also love that virtual office has the chat feature, we utilize this daily to chat with all of the employees. We also love that there is a app, all of the employees have this app on their phone and have been using it like their desk phone during this COVID work from home time.

Cons

there are sometimes some delays, but very rarely is there any issues!

Reasons for choosing 8x8 X Series

N/A - we always went straight to 8x8 virtual office.

Response from 8X8

We're happy to see that you had a 5-Star experience at 8x8. Thanks for sharing!

Ralph

December 2021

Great product - wouldn't want to be without it.

In general, I have been very happy with 8x8, and would not want to be without it.

Pros

Easy to use, dependable, and administering the system is one of the simplest I have done. .

Cons

Nothing comes to mind; I have no suggestions.

Reasons for choosing 8x8 X Series

Again, ease of use, simple administration, and free call recording.

Reasons for switching to 8x8 X Series

Call recording is included with 8x8.

Response from 8X8

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a 5-star review.

Alan

April 2022

Practical but limited

No major issues, but no one jumped up and shouted "this is great!". Rollout and implementation was quick and easy, but support needs work.

Pros

Competitively priced, easy setup, mobile friendly

Cons

Limited analytics, no ala carte options to add countries to calling plans, limited productivity features compared to competitors

Response from 8X8

We are grateful that you took the time out to leave us a review. Your feedback helps us to improve service for everyone. Have a nice day ahead!

Replied April 2022

Jim

8x8 has been great for us

We've been with them for about 4 years now and they've been fantastic. When we were first with them, there were a couple of minor hiccups, especially with the android app, but for the last 2+ years they've been rock solid and the features they add are useful and work well.

Pros

The relatively rich chat feature, screen sharing, and ease of transferring a call or meeting from one device to another.

Cons

It's not as intuitive to copy/paste out of the chat sessions and I find it difficult to archive a chat, though I may just not know how to do it as it's not something I do regularly.

Reasons for choosing 8x8 X Series

They were well reviewed by industry experts and cheaper than others that offered similar functionality.

Chirag

Good alternative for Internet telephony

The overall experience was poor. Sales was eager to give us a free proof of concept during the discovery phase. Their billing team eagerly started invoicing us when we were not even their customers. Sales stopped answer our questions. Support wasn't useful in resolving matters. The entire process looked chaotic. 8x8 could have had a great sales cycle and they could have had a great shot it but they blew their chances.

Pros

8x8's video conferencing system was really. Their system allowed the organizer of a video conferencing meet to see each participant's talk time, which can allow the organizer or facilitator to prompt for opinion and ask a frequent talker to give others a chance to speak. This was a unique and useful feature.

Cons

8x8's didn't have a great faxing solution for our needs. Their fax feature appeared to be bolted on to their unified platform and couldn't handle a large volume of faxes on a daily basis.

Reasons for choosing 8x8 X Series

We did NOT choose 8x8 due to poor experiences with their sales, billing and support. We went with RingCentral due to a polar opposite and positive experience with RingCentral. 8x8 has a good product but they need to shore up people skills and responsiveness to win more businesses.

Response from 8X8

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We're sorry you had a bad experience. We'll strive to do better.

Andrey

Industry: Warehousing

8x8 Review

Overall it is an ok voip system, however recently there have been more issues with the desktop app.

Pros

What I like most about this software is that it has a mobile application and I am able to take the calls practically anywhere I am, even when I am away from the computer. I am then able to connect back to the computer with a press of a button.

Cons

What I liked least about the software was whenever there is some sort of bug or issue, it is difficult to get support to fix the issue quickly. Especially lately it seems that there have been more and more bugs in the desktop app. Notifications haven't been showing up for call queues on time causing us to miss calls. Customers get a voicemail box is full even though there is no notice of it being full.

Response from 8X8

We are grateful that you took the time out to leave us a review. Your feedback helps us to improve service for everyone!

Connie

Great for those who are not always at desk phone

Great tool to have - especially if you work remotely a lot. But, it’s also handy to have if you move around in office and not always at desk phone.

Pros

Ease of mobility so I can take calls from ANYWHERE! Love that I can take call from desk phone, app on my mobile or thru app on computer- whichever is most convenient at the time.

Cons

Although, I do like the video conference feature sometimes it does glitch. Also, if app on computer desktop is not open then you don’t get chat messages or in coming calls. I have it to automatically open when I start computer but sometimes accidentally close it.

Response from 8X8

We are so grateful for your review. Thanks for sharing your rating with us!

Ivan

We use 8x8 to manage our business phone and voicemail

virtual phone system that manages our voicemail, multiple lines, and mutliple numbers.

Pros

I like 8x8 because it has some modern features like sending an email with voice recording of your messages.

Cons

The price is high compared to the function of the service. It limits your voicemail so you can only store about 30 messages before you have to login and delete them. The user interface is very complicated. Took me forever to figure out how to update my credit card on file because I can't tell how to login to the admin from the personal phone account.

Dan

Useful Product, but Suffers from QA Issues

Useful product that could use some additional QA TLC

Pros

Virtual Office includes a good number of features and options to link in to my phone, such as online chat, messaging, VM, Fax, and in-app meeting invites. The product is getting some attention from the dev staff in-house and new features are being rolled out at a reasonable pace.

Cons

There is a disparity between the "Classic" version and "New Look" in which features disappear from one to other. So you need to choose between a full featured app with an old clunky UI or a slick UI with limited features. We also suffer from frequent disconnects from the messaging service. As a result, we would often receive messages sent a day or more earlier.

Haze

April 2022

Great and easy to use

Benefits make it simple to three way clients and providers

Pros

Love how i can message clients and even send pictures

Cons

How easy it can be to call numbers without double checking it

Response from 8X8

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a 4-star review!

Replied April 2022

Good VOIP phone service, but support has turned to garbage and apps are laggy

Sadly, after many years of use, I can't recommend it anymore due to the problems described above with support and their poorly-written apps. Their core technology is good though and it would be possible to return to good service and bring in some good talent to fix these issues, but who knows if that will happen. Why don't companies learn how much customers HATE the terrible off-shore support experiences that they have to deal with in so many industries these days?

Pros

We use desktop VOIP phones, the mobile app, and the desktop app. They offer a "call park" feature that other system don't, allowing a parked call to be picked up from any other phone in the office, as opposed to other systems where you only put a call on hold and can then only pick up from the same line. The call quality is good, regardless of which access method used.

Cons

TERRIBLE support. Years ago, support was US-based, fast answer, easy to understand (native English), and always had the right answer. Reps used and knew the system. In the past years it has all shifted to Singapore where they are hard to understand, hardly understand your question, and don't seem to know the answer to anything without putting you on hold and going somewhere to look it up. Obviously a cheap off-shore call center. I tried their support chat last time and it was worse - on hold forever and huge delay between replies while they obviously worked other chats. The desktop app is pretty poor. They gave it a facelift, but its super slow to open and use - not sure what language they wrote it in. Half the time I use it to try to play back a voicemail, I have to hit the play button multiple times as it's unresponsive. The "new message" indicator never seems to clear. I use their web interface to play back call recordings for training. Most of the time they won't play through their antiquated web interface, giving only a spinning "wait" cursor. Instead, I have to select a batch to download as a ZIP file and play them locally. Even when the web interface does work, there's no area for taking notes or anything to attach to the recording for future reference. A colleague with a Mac can't even use the client anymore because it won't work on newer versions of macOS. Their support was unable to solve. He gave up. I can no longer recommend 8x8.

Cheryl

Why Broadband Phones for Offices?

Why do I like this company? Not only do I like this company I have a great relationship with working from my office phones and using this wonderful broadband phone company. Now wait, no landlines in my office. No landlines. I was able to work with this team and duplicate my office phones and place them in my home as well. I do a lot of cloud technology for our Dental office and it is important to have a phone system that can pull the load. I love the fact that I have an automated attendant that can play any message I record on it. I can custom fit it to our office and place any message I want our patients to hear. Now lets get down to the flexibility of this phone system. Ready? I can answer calls from a phone, on the computer, on an app on my cell phone anywhere. This company has the ability to track any call that comes in. If a patient does not leave a message I can still get in touch with them to help them out. New people calling in also can get a call back even if they do not leave a message. Now you say if you had a big staff you would not need to have to call them back you would answer the phone. True, but I save on staff salary, and possible lack of staff motivation this way. I roll the money back into the practice. If I am doing office work in another location and it is after hours I am still able to monitor the calls and call them right back. If it is an emergency they can get scheduled very quickly. The team at 8x8.com can customize your phone needs for any size office. They were able to help me out when I needed a fax machine very quickly lets, say in the next two hours. I still remember that day that I called my sales rep out in the West Coast about 6:30 am and he went far and beyond to help our company set up a broadband fax machine. He grabbed his coffee and within 2 hours my fax machine was up and running. This helped our patient with keeping an appointment that they need to go to and not have to reschedule. The office that sprang the surprise on us was quick to note how fast our team came threw. 8X8.com is part of our team because I feel that we are on the same team. You will not get a better team working for you when it comes to your phone needs. This team is BAA compliant for medical and dental offices. Also not just medical and dental but for insurance companies, accountants and many other offices that fit into HIPPA compliance. Love working with their technology team when I need to change anything on my phone system. These guys are great to work with and I guess that is why we have been going strong with them now since 2014.

Pros

The 8x8 team is the best. Great technology and great customer support!

Cons

Our office has been with 8x8 from February of 2014 and has had no reason to change to another company.

Kimberly

Industry: Law Practice

Initial review of 8x8

Thus far my experience has been completely positive. The product is very easy to use. The intuitive menu makes navigating simple, even for luddites like myself. Being able to quickly and easily switch from calling to texting (or do them at the same time) is exactly what I was looking for. The call quality has been better than my prior service, though I have had some static-filled calls. There weren't enough to make me question the service though. Setting up a web meeting is easy, one-click easy, and screen sharing works perfectly. For participants on phones, they are asked to download the 8x8 app in order to join the web meeting, but once they do any future meetings are one-click entry. I have had a few clients struggle to get into the meetings but honestly that seems to be user-error and there have been no difficulties with mac v. pc, etc. Overall, I'm very pleased with the service and recommend giving them a try if you're in the market.

Pros

Everything is in one place, on one dashboard - phone, fax, text messaging, calendaring, web meeting with video and screen sharing. Adding lines with company growth is easy as well.

Cons

It took a few weeks from initial order to the actual installation meeting with tech support BUT there is tech support! I wasn't able to test the texting feature while in the porting process.

Reasons for switching to 8x8 X Series

This was recommended by an answering service I wanted to test out. They did not accept my prior phone provider for forwarding so I had to switch. Now that I've been with 8x8 for a while, I can't imagine going back to my prior set up. Having everything in one place is convenient and easy. I'm spending a little more, but not enough to warrant a complaint, especially with fax included. I was able to cancel my fax provider which offset some cost (yes, unfortunately I still need fax). With 8x8, I can also set up forwarding to apply after a few rings so I have the opportunity to answer when I can. This is much better than only being able to turn on forwarding or turn it off and eliminates my forgetting to turn it on/off. Tech support was very easy to work with during the on-boarding process and answered my many questions (even the ones that didn't apply but I was curious).

Joel

I Recommend 8x8 All the Time!

I work with a lot of different companies and help them choose a variety of software and technology vendors. Normally when we are replacing phone systems I look at 8x8 as one of my top three choices for each client. So far we have only had one client where it wasn't a fit due to the large number of lines they needed 8x8 to manage and the cost associated with that. Overall every client I have connected with 8x8 has ended up loving them. The service is excellent as long as you have stable Internet and their customer service is outstanding.

Pros

- Feature rich VoIP system for low monthly cost per line - Get discounts the more lines you add - Offers virtual soft phones for no additional cost - Solid variety of physical office phones to choose from; phones come pre-programmed just plug them in and they work - Call management and users can be edited from the portal easily - Very reliable servers and service - Offers free testing tool to see how well your Internet and network would handle their service - Port your existing numbers and add new ones

Cons

- Completely dependent on your Internet connection; if you have bad or spotty Internet your phone call quality will be poor - If you have a lot of numbers to port over (more than 100 or 1000 for a call center) their per number port fees are higher than other providers even at the discounts

Quickly improving to be a solid calling tool

Pros

8x8 checks all the basic boxes. It's easy to use for people who don't want to spend a lot of time getting to know the bells and whistles, but powerful enough to meet the needs to super users. Cross-platform functionality is good and the experience between desktop/mobile has recently been brought into alignment with updates 8x8 has made. The company clearly cares about it's customers too as they are happy to come onsite for training and driving user adoption.

Cons

While the applications have drastically improved, a few small and large things annoy users. First, some of the interface screens still have not been updated to a high-definition visual, resulting in certain screens (like the login screen) leaving the application feeling out-dated and slightly disjointed. Second, and perhaps the biggest concern, is call quality can sometimes suffer, even with an excellent internet connection. If users experience a call breaking up, they are inclined to default back to personal phone lines and bypass 8x8 to ensure a solid call experience. This quickly erodes confidence that 8x8 can deliver a seamless call. To be fair, the call quality has been improving drastically and this issue plagues the mobile app less and less.

Joel

Simple to use phone system management

The biggest benefit gained is simple incoming and outgoing call management. I have over 70 clients who could call at any given time and it is important to be able to easily view any missed calls/voicemails/text messages so that I can return the calls. I've found 8x8's service to be more than satisfactory, especially considering the price point.

Pros

The visual layout of this application is intuitive and easy to use. It is easy to mange incoming and outgoing phone calls from my desktop. I also appreciate how easy it is to add contacts as they call in. The application provides handy desktop notifications which allow me to stay on top of any missed calls/voicemails/text messages I missed while I am away from my business phone.

Cons

This application can be a bit of a resource hog. My computer is a few years old already and runs it just fine but anything older would cause me concern. If you do not restart your computer periodically, the application can start to have issues showing notifications. I've begun restarting my computer every 3-4 days (for reasons including 8x8 software and more) and have not seen the issue since.

Brett

Pros and Cons

Now that we've ironed out most of the issues we had initially, I like the product and would recommend that people consider it if they are shopping for alternatives.

Pros

I like that I can utilize the IOS application to receive calls business calls to my business number on my personal cell phone. It allows me to leave me desk more frequently.

Cons

The set-up process was a disaster for us. I'm sure there is blame on both ends, but it took our company roughly three months to get all of the kinks worked out.

Price.

Reasons for switching to 8x8 X Series

We wanted more flexibility with our ability to receive business calls remote.

Keyana

8x8 is especially useful when employees are working from home and need to be accessible to clients.

Pros

Without this software - particularly, its mobile app - it would not be possible for me to work from home ever. With the app, I am able to keep in touch with clients by phone, without them ever having access to my personal cell phone number or even knowing that I'm not actually in the office. The call quality is sometimes even better than that of my Verizon cell phone quality, which says a lot. I am continuously surprised and pleased by how clear and loud each call is, even when clients are calling from a mobile line.

Cons

The desktop app and website could use a refresh. They're both easy enough to navigate, but are a bit dated in appearance. In terms of functionality, I find that the mobile app will sometimes "time out" when I start using another program, and I realize once I'm back in the office that I've missed a call or two. I've had that happen on two different cell phones, so I'm certain it's 8x8 and not anything I'm doing. That's obviously a major con for the software, so a bug like that needs to not happen ever.

Ganesh

Best Communication Software

small UI mistakes make it look bad, But overall a good product.

Pros

Best softphone services with multiple changeable numbers, Its the best virtual office with multiple features when compared to its competitors. It also provides visual voicemails, phone directory, corporate directory, instant messaging, presence, video calling, fax, call recording, web conferencing and many more.

Cons

There aren't many cons I faced. The con that I feel is with instant messaging. When you and your colleague are using virtual office and there is a new update and if your colleague updates the software and if you didn't then neither of your would be able to communicate, until you both are on the same version of the software. When you add a new unknown number to chat and didn't send any kind of text to that number and you suddenly switched to another chat, BOOM then you won't be able to find that number, you need to add that number again. (Only in New updated UI version) These are some of the minor Cons I faced in my everyday usage

Anthony "Tony"

Best VoIP

We have started a landscape and hardscape business in Houston recently. Just a small family owned organization with big dreams. In researching a phone option, I found 8X8 to be the exact match that we were looking for. The cost was low and keeps us going, but the features are the best. In the world of cellular phones, I have a personalized 8X8 auto-attendant message answering calls, and with a press of one button, customers and vendors get connected to the person or department that they need. No more answering and hanging around the phone at the office. Voice mail messages are emailed to me. I can listen and forward the voice mail to whom I need to handle the situation. They don't have to dial in or anything. The message is an attachment. Also, I get to set business hours, set messages, and control the phone system from an app and the website. The app also allows me to answer the lines and monitor things from anywhere with internet service or cellular internet. A great option and system for my company and I.

Pros

Ease of use, and I can adapt it to my needs whenever I want. The list is long: Record your voice mail message for different situations. Set your auto attendant to direct calls to your employees. Voice mail messages emailed to you. Forward voice mail through email. Make changes through the app or online. Answer your phone thorough the app...You don't have to be in the office to answer the office phone. We have bus, ness cards with one number and let the auto attendant direct the call. Best cost I found for office systems. And you can expand it.

Cons

I have found none. The system works great and gives me access to things like voice mail messages emailed to me. So, I can listen to voice mail right then and there. No need to call in and punch numbers to get a voice mail message.

June 2016

I'm a big fan of Virtual Office and here's why

Pros

Virtual office provides so much value for my company. At first, I thought it may be out of my price range but once I started it up and tried it out, I realized it's a steal for everything they offer. Not only does the Virtual Contact Center work as a medium between the customer and whoever can get to the phones at that time, it frees up so much of the middle-man work and the cost I would be spending on someone to be a greeter can go to more lucrative programs. The Contact Center sure is valuable, but the real value comes from the Virtual meetings office software. I say this because my team does a lot of off-site work as well as hiring freelancers for shorter jobs. Being able to meet with a whole room of people in any country and time-zone is so valuable for my business!

Cons

Like I described in the top paragraph, I initially had doubts about the cost. These doubts were crushed when I saw all of the value that this product adds, however it could always be cheaper. The only other qualm I have is that it definitely seems to be more positioned to larger companies. I have a smaller business with fluctuating team sizes so Virtual Office isn't quite as agile as my team.

Ron

How I use 8x8 telephone systems

We had 8x8 and made the mistake of switching vendors. that was 3 month disaster. We came flying back to 8x8.

Pros

Ease of use and prompt follow up serice

Cons

there is no pure answer to that question.

answered already

Reasons for switching to 8x8 X Series

Cost, efficient service. We were not happy with Bellsouth and try as they may it just made matters worst. switched to 8X8 and it was seamless and made our crew happy.

Response from 8X8

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a 5-star review.

Joseph

December 2021

Great system for small and medium businesses; If you know how to set it up

Pros

This software is fairly intuitive but can be frustrating for customers if they are coming from existing analog phone lines. 8x8 X Series really shines with remote administration. It is easy for admins to get feedback from their customers and implement the features they want.

Cons

There are some ring group issues that could be better. Sometimes you want ring groups to be different based on a certain set of criteria, however frequently I have customers that want only one VM box with 2 different ring groups. I would be a great addition to be able to define where a VM can go.

Response from 8X8

Thank you so much for leaving a review Joseph, I understand the challenge you have with the ring group. You may follow the steps provided on this article so you can route where the VM will go > https://support.8x8.com/cloud-phone-service/voice/admin-console/work-group-settings/ring-groups/how-to-forward-calls-from-a-ring-group-to-voicemail-if-no-one-answers

Alicha

A perfect 10

I've had the pleasure of interacting more with 8x8 over the last year, after submitting my story for last year's contest. I have to say that I do not have a vendor that accepts and gives as much feedback as this one does. I run a team of account managers who are given company laptops and cell phones to be available after hours. Thanks to the 8x8 software and app, we are able to keep up with all communications, even when we're not in the office. This ability is absolutely invaluable to us. On top of this, as a manager I use the 8x8 reporting tools to show my leadership team how productive my agents are. Being able to show value in my department's work is invaluable to me as a leader. All in all, I am neither highly technical nor IT; but as an end user, I can truthfully say that I truly appreciate this company and its product. I and my team would not be able to do our jobs without it.

Pros

Ease of use; ease of access; remote access

Cons

I have honestly not found anything I dislike about this app

8x8 X Series