• Pros

• "Very easy to use, their app is phenomenal. Pricing can't be beat. Easy set up guide to re-provision our existing phones to 8x8. "

• "Great calling app with a lot of features. Connection is generally good if you have LTE or fibre optic wifi. "

• "I enjoy the fact that the company directory lives in 8x8. I am able to type the first few letters of a colleagues name and the rest is populated for me."

• Cons

• "It can come a little pricey, and, its UI is a little too mechanical compared to other platforms in the market. nonetheless, its capabilities overcompensate for such details."

• "We wanted to add out on music on hold. as I have different music for different lines, after much searching by both myself ans support it was determined that the system does not allow for this."

• "I wish there way a way for me to take notes in the phone call management screen. "

Browse 8x8 X Series Reviews

Tatyanna from Counsel On Call

Very Convenient!

Overall I love 8x8 I truly enjoy the conference calls, the fact I can arrange calls choose the host for other people not only myself! I arrange for my boss to have calls, I receive real time confirmation as to who accepts the invite to join her conference call as well! 8x8 is very convenient, when I hover over an employee's name I am able to tell if they are away, busy , or available. I am also supplied with extension and direct dial. I highly recommend this program, especially for businesses with multiple offices.

Pros

I have caller ID on my computer when a call comes through. It offers the option to video chat. I am able to schedule calls for my director. The calls have the option to be recurring! Super Cool features!

Cons

I do not like that the software rings my computer and my phone simultaneously. There probably is a feature to disable however. I also do not like that when I forward my calls, I do not have a caller Id to know that I am receiving a forwarded call from the office. However, again this could be user error and or my phone's setting. :)

Aaron from Pikes Peak Laser Creations

Very Happy with Service

Very easy migration and porting of numbers from other previous providers.

Pros

Cons

None that I have found in the six plus months since we've made the switch over to 8x8. Couldn't be happier!

Reasons for Switching to 8x8 X Series

Cost, increased usability of mobile and desktop apps.

This is an amazing tool to use as the main driver for your CRM/CS operations

My overall experience was amazing, I was able to manage both my clients and my teams with this platform, from making and receiving calls to QA sessions and live tracking for my peers, I surely recommend this platform for anyone in the need of a call management service.

Pros

This service is great for both inbound and outbound calls coming directly from any type of CRM you are using, it could be custom-built or salesforce directly. The best feature is the call recording for QA management purposes, it allows you to both load and downloads any phone interactions for you to be able to monitor quality.

Cons

What I liked the least is the need for a softphone integration to be able to make it work, take this with a grain of salt since I used the tool about two years ago when it was still developing into a better service so it is possible that now it is unified and you don't need a softphone platform anymore.

David from RezSystem

One of the worst customer experiences I have ever had

After several back and forth emails with the support team, they tell me to forget about it, I signed an agreement. I have used 8x8 with a previous company and the service was solid so I thought it would be a good fit here. It wasn't and the customer service and support was about as bad as it gets. I understand that they were probably hit with a huge rush of new customers because of work from home, I can attribute that to the delays in getting back to me, but the refusal to not provide a refund or cancel my agreement because of their delayed service is frankly unacceptable.

Pros

As a cloud-based phone system, that is a huge plus, but there are far too many negatives and so many other options that you can consider in place of 8x8

Cons

Let's talk about deployment. First, it worked quite well on my Android phone, loaded it up and got it going. I did have a number of issues with 'what program' I was on, okay, well not me but 8x8. The reason was they had me sign up two times because I was porting a number in. I opted not to do that until I had tried the program. That is when things didn't go so well. I have a Chromebook and it took WEEKS for me to get it to work on my Chromebook. The team at 8x8 adequate in responding, but it took a long time. After telling me that I would be unable to use it both on my Chromebook and phone, I decided that this was not the solution for me. So, I canceled my subscription. They then proceed to charge me for full year's worth of service stating that I had signed an agree for 12 months and my trial was over. I had been working with their support team for more than 30 days to get the software to work and I explained that to them (they could also see that I had made less than 5 calls). I offered to pay for the month of service that I had and thought all was good and we were settled. The next month comes and my card is charged again. I contact them and I am told that the 'cancellation process can take up to 30 days and that I will be refunded when it is all cleared up.' Great, no biggie I think. Then I get an email that says we understand you want to cancel, but we need to charge you the remaining months on your agreement.

Chirag from Risk Administration Services, Inc.

Good alternative for Internet telephony

The overall experience was poor. Sales was eager to give us a free proof of concept during the discovery phase. Their billing team eagerly started invoicing us when we were not even their customers. Sales stopped answer our questions. Support wasn't useful in resolving matters. The entire process looked chaotic. 8x8 could have had a great sales cycle and they could have had a great shot it but they blew their chances.

Pros

8x8's video conferencing system was really. Their system allowed the organizer of a video conferencing meet to see each participant's talk time, which can allow the organizer or facilitator to prompt for opinion and ask a frequent talker to give others a chance to speak. This was a unique and useful feature.

Cons

8x8's didn't have a great faxing solution for our needs. Their fax feature appeared to be bolted on to their unified platform and couldn't handle a large volume of faxes on a daily basis.

Reasons for Choosing 8x8 X Series

We did NOT choose 8x8 due to poor experiences with their sales, billing and support. We went with RingCentral due to a polar opposite and positive experience with RingCentral. 8x8 has a good product but they need to shore up people skills and responsiveness to win more businesses.

Cinthya from PartnerHero

Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

This is an amazing dialer software for mid to large size contact centers.

Very pleased with the overall experience, 8x8 is an amazing tool for Contact Center and call-driven interactions, keep in mind you will still need a softphone software to sync it with. I would gladly recommend 8x8 to other users.

Pros

This an optimal tool for many platforms like Salesforce, Zendesk, and many other softphone platforms, it allows multi-way calls and also comes with its own monitoring/Storing platform which is suitable for Quality assurance and overall interaction tracking.

Harrison from FlexCare Medical Staffing

Not Without its Flaws but Gets the Job Done

I would recommend this software. The softphone is functional and integrates well whether at the office or working from home.

Pros

Cons

The app can be somewhat buggy. There are times when the app becomes unstable and takes some time get back to functional.

My Experience

Pros

One of the things that attracted me to the 8x8 platform was that I was able to record conversations automatically and that it also announced if I was being recorded.

Cons

I didn't enjoy that the customer support team took too much time to resolve an issue due to updates on the platform. Sometimes new releases were buggy and required me to download a previous version.

Candace from Teacher's Pension

Easy to communicate with my coworkers

Pros

I found that this is nice when working in an office setting. Transferring and tracking calls while working in an office at at home has been easy and reliable. I like that the fax, phone, and messaging are all located in a place where I can see the icons and if they need my attention.

Cons

used as tool for interoffice communication

Pros

it connected to our phones and made it easy to talk and chat with coworkers. Could click on coworker's name just to call them.

Cons

It seemed like it worked well for the most part. Every now and again it would crash and we wouldn't be able to access our phones or chat.

Kimberly from Hansen Law Office, PLLC

Industry: Law Practice

Initial review of 8x8

Thus far my experience has been completely positive. The product is very easy to use. The intuitive menu makes navigating simple, even for luddites like myself. Being able to quickly and easily switch from calling to texting (or do them at the same time) is exactly what I was looking for. The call quality has been better than my prior service, though I have had some static-filled calls. There weren't enough to make me question the service though. Setting up a web meeting is easy, one-click easy, and screen sharing works perfectly. For participants on phones, they are asked to download the 8x8 app in order to join the web meeting, but once they do any future meetings are one-click entry. I have had a few clients struggle to get into the meetings but honestly that seems to be user-error and there have been no difficulties with mac v. pc, etc. Overall, I'm very pleased with the service and recommend giving them a try if you're in the market.

Pros

Everything is in one place, on one dashboard - phone, fax, text messaging, calendaring, web meeting with video and screen sharing. Adding lines with company growth is easy as well.

Cons

It took a few weeks from initial order to the actual installation meeting with tech support BUT there is tech support! I wasn't able to test the texting feature while in the porting process.

Reasons for Switching to 8x8 X Series

This was recommended by an answering service I wanted to test out. They did not accept my prior phone provider for forwarding so I had to switch. Now that I've been with 8x8 for a while, I can't imagine going back to my prior set up. Having everything in one place is convenient and easy. I'm spending a little more, but not enough to warrant a complaint, especially with fax included. I was able to cancel my fax provider which offset some cost (yes, unfortunately I still need fax). With 8x8, I can also set up forwarding to apply after a few rings so I have the opportunity to answer when I can. This is much better than only being able to turn on forwarding or turn it off and eliminates my forgetting to turn it on/off. Tech support was very easy to work with during the on-boarding process and answered my many questions (even the ones that didn't apply but I was curious).

kim from vanguard organization

Perfect Product for our needs

I would recommend them highly for businesses.

Pros

After much research we went with 8x8. Their customer support and ease of use was the deciding factor. After getting everything was imported I had 90 days of unlimited support. They helped me set up the call flows and explained all the terminology that you need to know when going digital.

David from Legility

Great product!

Pros

Ease of use and iOS app. Also, the Office 365 add-in works great.

Cons

Need to download the software to take control and share screen during presentations.

Reasons for Switching to 8x8 X Series

The call quality was bad.

Greg from Meritus Capital

Use their VOIP line

Very satisfied with the product overall and will continue to use it.

Pros

Cons

Drop calls if connection isn’t strong. Also wish you could text pictures in the app for the cell phone.

Cheri from Rancho Del Sur Insurance

8x8 review

Not great. We will be switching once our contract is up.

Pros

I do like the ability to be able to access your phones remotely. I occasionally work from home and it is helpful to be able to transfer the phones to my cell.

Cons

We have had so many issues with our office lines and customer service has not been able to resolve the issue after multiple calls and hours of time spent on the phone with them.

Mario from Prestige Lock & Door

Lack of MMS was a deal breaker

We were not thrilled with our current provider and decided to try 8X8 after the sales person has courted us for a while. We quickly realized that the lack of MMS was a deal breaker and informed the sales person that we would not be moving forward. We didn't get a reply, but assumed no news was good news. A few months later our credit card started being charged. A few hours on the phone later, we are assured that everything has been taken care or, that our account was canceled and we would be getting a refund. Several days later our card was charged again, followed by an email stating that we would be charged a cancellation fee. Replying to that email us in touch with a person in the cancellation department who had no clue about what had transpired earlier. I sent her all the documentation including the email we have sent the sales person asking for our service to be canceled thinking that was the end of it. After a few days I sent another email to make sure everything has been resolved which has gone unanswered. Several days later we got another email stating that the cancellation is taking place, and our credit card would be charged. I tried replying to that email as it stated to do so if it was in error only to get an auto reply stating that I reached an email address in error. I resorted to getting a new credit card and hopefully this is the last we'll hear from them. Will not be using them if they are the last VOIP provider on the planet.

Pros

Did not try most things as MMS is a must feature for us.

Cons

Lack of MMS. Lack of communication. Dishonesty.

Daphne from Legal Services

Conference calls

Good

Pros

This feature makes scheduling conference calls easy.

Cons

The app will not load from time to time.

Larry from Mehaffy Weber, PC.

Industry: Law Practice

8x8 is a very reliable program to streamline office communication

Pros

Like that everything (email, fax, telephone) is accessible from you desktop.

Cons

We have only been using 8x8 for a little over a year but I can not recall and negative issues.

ana from ClickPay

8x8 user

8X8 helps us interact with our customer in a convenient way of improving the business.

Pros

It is very simple to use, all the functions are understandable. Is an accessible service, you can login from anywhere there is internet.

Cons

There is a lot of service down time, sometimes it takes a while for the software work again.

it's ok

Pros

Helpful to use on phone, desktop. they just updated the interface which is better than the previous one. looks nice

Cons

Bad quality, dropped calls, not intuitive software

Ronnie from FH Insurance

8x8

Pros

It is a good system over all. The phones generally seem to work and they are reasonably priced. The only downside I see is that they are not as tech focused as some competitors. A few others have been more innovative (voicemails as emails, able to combine multiple companies under one call in, etc).

Cons

It’s not priced that well compared to competitors that offer more.

Great for Phone

It's a great platform for streamlining communication between clients and having visibility across multiple platforms.

Pros

I liked that I didn't really have to set anything up. My voicemails came directly to my email so I could retrieve them and listen to them quickly. This helped a lot when my company went to WFH during the pandemic as I wasn't in the office to receive phone calls. This made it easy to continue to receive them while I was away.

Cons

I really didn't use the landline phone that much as most clients connected with me over email but didn't have any issues when they did. Again, it was really helpful to be able to use the system remotely when my company had us all working from home.

Great product, awful customer service

Pros

Relatively intuitive to use and good functionality.

Cons

When looking to upgrade our package we had huge issues, including 2 days with no phones. When trying to rectify this the customer support team were really difficult to contact and not very helpful.

Very glitchy

Pros

In the few occasions this was properly functioning, it was easy to use for our company's internal communications. The messenger portion works fine for what it is.

Cons

The phone portion is extremely glitchy. Calls are often dropped and when they are not there is poor quality for the person on the other end. I had issues where I could not answer calls and if I tried my entire computer would freeze. After multiple times reaching out to the customer service I gave up and stopped trying to use it.