All Whereby Reviews

Jennie

Internet, 11 - 50 employees

Used less than 2 years

Reviewed August 2021

Whereby is the underdog of video platforms

Abdelkadir

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Reviewed February 2022

Web meeting solution

I sought a software that allowed my customers to view my screen live or join a video conference without having to install any software. Many people's personal or corporate computers don't allow them to download software, which makes zoom impossible to use. So Whereby makes everything much simpler and straightforward.

PROS

Whereby appeals to me because it is simple to utilize and includes multiple beneficial features. It's great because there's no need for a download or special access. I also appreciate having a unique URL that I can share.

CONS

The free version is very limited i wish they could unlock more features for free users, otherwise it's all good.

Yann

Online Media, 1 employee

Reviewed October 2019

A reliable and easy-to-use solution to host video calls

Whereby has been a solid solution to easily organize and host consulting calls and "virtual coffees". Its ease of use, and the fact that can be used both on computer, as well as on tablet and smartphone, make it a no-brainer and a tool that should be in every digital business owner's toolkit.

PROS

I had been using a wide variety of video conferencing tools before I started using Whereby and the things I found have made a difference are: — the array of features: you can create customized and branded "virtual rooms" where to host calls, you can have one-on-one and group calls and you can do so both through the web-based version and the smartphone version of Whereby — ease of use for both the conference call host and participants: it's incredibly easy to organize your first video conferencing call and have people join it, especially because there's no download nor installation required for them to use the web version of Whereby — web and apps: some video conferencing tools are available only through their web version, while Whereby lets you have calls with your computer, as well as with your smartphone or tablet through the mobile device app

CONS

The one thing I don't think is ideal about Whereby is the fact that Call Recording is an add-on feature. I wouldn't have an issue with it being an add-on feature available for the Whereby Pro Plan. However, even if one purchases the Pro Plan, he/she needs to purchase Call Recording as a separate add-on (which cannot be bought as a standalone feature). So you'd end up paying for two separate things: for the Pro Plan and for the Call Recording feature.

Reason for choosing Whereby

Because of the features and the mobile app

Reasons for switching to Whereby

I had Daily.co crash on a couple of occasions and I lost the recordings of those calls

Gabriela

Human Resources, 11-50 employees

Reviewed October 2022

A basic platform to do online meetings

it was a good platform to make calls, but i don't see value in paying for the same service that other platforms offer

PROS

What I liked most about the platform was being able to have my own room for calls and customize the URL, so I could always use the same one.

CONS

when they started charging to keep using the most basic features

Claudio

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Reviewed July 2019

The best in

BEFORE: "Hey, what's your account?" "I don't find you" "Witch one of these 3 old Skype accounts is the new one?" *THREE HOURS LATER* "Hey, here we are" NOW: "Click on this link" "Hey nice, it took like 3 seconds and I'm not frustrated"

PROS

YOUR INTERLOCUTORS DON'T NEED AN ACCOUNT. Or software. Or your nickname. You simply have to send them a short link like appear.in/**yourname** and that's it.

CONS

None. It's a super simple and easy to use solution. Maybe, the fact that not everyone is using it, so sometimes you're forced in use other bad conference solutions.

Christoph

Religious Institutions, 1 employee

Reviewed November 2021

An easy to use video conferencing solution with good quality

Whereby is a quick and easy meeting tool working seemlessly, stable and looking very nice. It also offers a lot of useful features.

PROS

What I like about Whereby is, that it is very easy to use and contains a lot of useful features. The interfaces looks very good and users usually get how it works while using it for the first time. The video quality as well as audio is very good. I would even say it's the best quality from the video conferencing solutions I've used so far. The meeting page is very customizable with colors and background images. It also features useful features like breakout-rooms, noise reduction, integration of several collaboration tools, screen sharing and a very nice chat function. The prizing is, starting at $6,99, very cheap. As well nice is, that the meeting url always stays the same. And nobody needs to install any software for using it. It just works in the browser.

CONS

Whereby could use a little makeover in case of the android app. It hasn't been updated for quite a while. It's basically a full screen browser. It would be nice, if that could be solved. Helpful would be also, if there could be shown more than just 12 people on camera.

Reason for choosing Whereby

Because it just works and nobody needs to install any software. I'm still using Jitsi as well. Zoom is not the software of my choice, because it's too complicated.

Carlos

Civic & Social Organization, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2022

Easy to use, permanent links, customize your rooms and stability. But not worth the money for us.

PROS

It's extremely easy to use. Links are permanent and you can have your online room with a fixed link with your own password, background, time tracker.... and good integrations with other apps such as Miro or Google Drive.

CONS

The value-for-money decreasead when they reduced the options while keeping the pricing. No it's no longer useful for us, too expensive for what they offer.

Reasons for switching to Whereby

The easiness of use, stability in connection and the permanent links.

Sivaanan

Computer Software, 1 employee

Reviewed June 2021

WHEREBY Review

It can be used by those whom have minimal computing knowledge and exposure especially clients or business partners above a certain age whom are not very comfortable with the technology. Therefore it is very much time saving for both ends.

PROS

This is a useful service. It's simple to use, it's quick, and it uses very little of the machine's and connection's resources. I've used it with connections as slow as 1Mbps and I was still able to share screen and video , although not the best of quality, but it works. It's a great place to hold meetings.

CONS

The video and audio quality could use some improvement; they're not the best, and they can be slow, dragging, and crashing.

Reasons for switching to Whereby

Whereby was much easier to use and wasn't as buggy as the previous product used.

Oscar

Internet, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2022

An option not very well known but to keep in mind for the future

It is an essential application, which is strange that it is not more well known

PROS

It is very easy to use and has all the necessary options to have a good experience. Even in its free version, it offers the possibility of having a personal room with its own URL. it is very stable in the connection. Its configuration is simple, it allows screen sharing and it has a good image quality.

CONS

In general, it offers everything you need, but the free option does not allow you to record the session.

Reasons for switching to Whereby

WhereBy is simpler to use and quicker to start up. It requires minimum requirements.

Nikita

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Reviewed October 2023

Simple And Features Rich Virtual Meetings Solution

Registration is not required; participants can easily join the meeting with one click. The video quality is very good and We can collaborate and create material for social media. We can hold all my meetings in a specially designed meeting room that we created.

PROS

It eliminates the requirement for users to install and download software. It provides an API that allows video conferencing to be integrated into web pages. It helps us to create personalized links and room for meetings. They offer a great free platform that I just use.

CONS

It lacks integration with third-party applications and analytics. We cannot share meeting codes during a private meeting.

Milena

Media Production, 2-10 employees

Reviewed January 2024

The best tool for online meetings

I like it, I use it mainly for teleworking, making meetings, solving doubts, planning tasks and steps to follow with the rest of my team.

PROS

I appreciate the ability to send comments and share links in real time during meetings, especially when discussing topics relevant to the agenda. If we refer to a website, I find it convenient to share the link instantly through the same platform. In this same way I value the ability to share my screen so that everyone understands the concept of what I am talking about without any limitations as they are seeing what I am seeing.

CONS

I don't like my camera's permissions to be disconfigured sometimes, it wastes my time before meetings.

Reviewed March 2019

hasn't changed in the last 24 months - but still great

It's a great product for power users but some more conveniences as mentioned would make it irreplaceable. Don't focus on embedding software - screensharing can show any software, it doesn't need to have native support. Ambient noise is a problem for new users so 'mute' training is something I have to administer to the 20+ people who have adopted on my recommendation.

PROS

Single click start and better video experience than skype. Re-instating YouTube 'play together' is a highlight

CONS

simple fixes/changes as suggested 24 months ago haven't occurred: - 'v' key to toggle video feed like the 'm' key - a sound indicator on someones window to show they are broadcasting sound (will help detect/identify ambient sound)

Sherae

Consumer Services, 51-200 employees

Reviewed April 2021

Super fast and easy connection

I really love the services that Whereby offers. Really easy to use and facilitates solid communications remotely. You all should try it.

PROS

So easy to use, and requires little effort to get connected. Also people you are connecting with do not need an account, all you have to do is send a link and they are in the meeting. I really love the simplicity and the custom room makes it fancy to me. It’s worth the money

CONS

There really isn’t much to dislike with Whereby. My only gross is that the limit of four people isn’t really ideal for people who work with big companies.

erica

E-Learning, 11-50 employees

Reviewed January 2023

facilities of the whereby

great experience and excellent cost-benefit

PROS

it is an online site and we don't have to download any apps to use it. Very affordable.

CONS

we can't see the others users screen while presenting something

we don't need to download an app to use it

we don't need to download an app to use it

Giau

Restaurants, 2-10 employees

Reviewed January 2023

a great application with good features but it has some drawbacks.

Whereby made it easy for us to organize meetings quickly and has all the basic features that video conferencing software needs.

PROS

Whereby allows you to stay connected and productive while on the go. You can use it as a webcam or microphone, allowing you to make video calls on all your favorite platforms without having to worry about compatibility issues.One of the main benefits of using Whereby is that it's free. Because it's a cloud-based application, there are no costly upgrades or monthly fees to use it. The app is also available across all devices, which means you can get to your information from any device that has an Internet connection.

CONS

The free version is limited in features and not suited for larger meetings.

Natasha

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Reviewed September 2019

Reliable video conference meetings

Great free solution for speaking either clients

PROS

Reliable video quality and easy to use screen share feature. Use this on the majority of my client calls as my go to video conference

CONS

Clients get confused/ frustrated when they can’t click on the share screen button due to them not installing the chrome ad on. Slows down the meeting explaining to them what to do

Bob

Mental Health Care, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2019

Lots claim- intuitive - appear.in delivers

Its cool and works really well and we can see how that will only improve ..

PROS

Easy of use and robust stable delivery

CONS

Inbuilt CMS and automated appointment text and email notifier

Genau

Internet, 2-10 employees

Reviewed November 2021

Good service, fair price

PROS

I liked the way Whereby test new features allowing all users to test.

CONS

Cut the conference once the time is over.

Reviewed April 2019

Online video conferencing is now simple.

For a small and midsize team, it is a perfect solution. Register and get a room link and with your room link, anyone can join your meetings. I like the simplicity of the app and the minimalistic design. The chat function helps when sharing links or documents within the meetings.

PROS

After registering I got a link for my room and that's it. I shared a link with my partners and it took all of us to a 4 windows video conferencing window. I am using a 3g link, and the video quality is good. The lag for video transmission is less than 2 seconds which is equal to any pro alternative. The free plan supports 4 users at a time and one room which is just enough for me. Good quality and minimal lag make meetings more productive and less confusing.

CONS

The sound sometimes gives a static unbearable sound when using a USB microphone.

Nathan