Browse Google Voice Reviews

Signe from Signe Jorgenson Editorial Services

Industry: Writing and Editing

Excellent FREE phone service!

Google Voice solves a major problem for me. I love it!

Pros

I have a home office, and I've used a landline number as my business phone for the last 5+ years as a way to keep my business and personal communications separate. (And to prevent me from getting distracted by business calls/texts when I'm spending time with family/friends.) I moved recently and was shocked by the cost of landline service in my new community. I wasn't willing to pay that price so I started looking for alternatives. I chose Google Voice because it gives me a local phone number FOR FREE. Clients can call and text the number; the calls get forwarded to my cell phone and the texts get forward to my email. I have set up a voice mail message for my business, so when I don't answer, clients don't get my personal answering machine message; instead, they get a professional business "out of office" message. I have solved the "don't get distracted by business calls during personal time" issue by using the settings on my phone to only ring for the Google Voice number during business hours. It's the perfect solution and it saves me TONS of money.

Cons

I only have one issue with Google Voice. When calls are forwarded to my phone, clients are directed to my personal voice mail if I hit the "ignore" button to ignore the call. To get the Google Voice business voice mail, I have to let the call ring until it is auto-redirected to my voice mail. This is a pretty minor issue, though; given all the benefits -- and the $0 price -- I am happy to put up with this very minor inconvenience.

Cost

Long lasting free integratabtle phone services

I've had a great experience. It's one of the longest running apps I've used on a daily basis and Google always keeps it up to date and has consistently brought new integration possibilities out to keep it worthy. Plus it's free. When I've changed carrier services I've always been able to count on voice to have me stay reachable. I never have to worry about keeping the bill paid to keep my number active.

Pros

Its free for text to anyone and any number and calling to any US number is free. Ive been using with the same number for about 10yrs. The Google voice number has lasted longer than my paid carrier numbers. It integrates with paid carriers so texting can be done without an internet connection. Forward incoming calls to your carrier number. Have voicemails transcribed so you don't have to listen to them. Record live telephone calls. Protect your personal number and give businesses your voice number. Did i mention it's free?

Cons

There are a lot of options like recording live calls and voicemail transcribing but it could have so much more but honestly you can perform nearly everything you need from it's free package. It does become an issue with some services because the phone number is considered VoIP or an internet number and not a "real" number and using it to sign up for things can't be done. However; it's becoming more and more accepted as life becomes more intwined with technology

Reasons for Switching to Google Voice

I'm always available at the number and never loose service or connection and never loose phone calls

Amanda from Amanda Ervin

Google Voice

Google voice has been a long time solution for voicemail. It is very useful for voicemail, and keeping a number.

Pros

This software lets me keep a phone number that will not change, even if my cell phone numbers change. This number is also useful in cases where only wifi is accessible.

Cons

When it forwards to my cell number, the recording "you have a call from ..., to answer, press 1", it sometimes malfunctions. I press 1, and it goes to voice mail anyway, causing me to miss the call.

Reasons for Switching to Google Voice

pinger is a less reliable piece of software.

Jennifer from Nonprofit

Only one issue that keeps Voice from 5 stars.

Still, overall, I cannot complain, I just have to be super mindful - my system now is that I delete the text on my main phone line, and then go answer it on the voice app.

Pros

II like that Voice is inexpensive (free) and easy to set up. I've been using it now for over 2 years as a line separate from my personal line for work.

Cons

The only con in my opinion is that I wish there was a way to not have the texts come thru and be answerable on my main text screen. It can get confusing, and if I answer the text from my text app on my smart phone, then a client has my personal number. I wish there was a fail-safe way that would prevent this, because when I mess this up, it defeats the whole point of a second line.

Reasons for Switching to Google Voice

sideline had glitches and cost $10 a month.

Jalonda from N/A

December 2021

Convenient way to call & receive calls

My overall experience with Google Voice has been a great one, very helpful when needing my conceal my personal number to place calls or conduct internet searches without typing.

Pros

What I like most about Google voicemail is the anonymity of each caller, and the convenience of using a separate number for professional reasons.

Cons

I have no dislikes about this software, and I hope it remains in place permanently.

Joe from Ai

Industry: Information Services

Simple and effective VoIP

Pros

Google voice is extremely simple to use and setup. It is a must have for any small business or independent contractors. It provides extreme flexibility in managing your business and keeping in contact with your associates and customers.

Cons

Google voice is the best VoIP option. There is nothing not to like.

Janis from ELAC

Work Phone

It would be better if they make their app more user friendly.

Pros

Google Voice allows me to get an extra number to call or text for work so that I can manage my personal and work number easily. Also, you can choose your preferred number.

Cons

It requires you to have an existing phone number to use Google Voice. Also, it is hard to distinguish whether the caller is calling your personal number or Google Voice number as it does not always show.

DAVID from Boston University

I love how I basically get a free phone number from Google Voice

I have used Google voice on a case by case basis and this software is free so I am very happy using it.

Pros

When my cellular plan was expired, i could not make any phone calls and thus i heard from a friend that Google voice would be a good alternative and it really is. I can get a phone number for free and call my mother and talk to her without even paying.

Cons

I feel like all Google products are greatly refined and super amazing. I don't think there is anything I dislike but I wish I could text and browse the wifi with this software.

Carlos David from Sii Polska

Easy Internet Call Service

The main usage for me is for calls to my home country (Colombia). Currently living in Europe, sometimes you have the need to do regular phone calls and rates of mobile operators tend to be expensive. So, Google Voice is a great option to overcome this issue. You can recharge your account and enjoy cheap and good quality phone calls to mobile and land lines.

Pros

With Google Voice you can make calls to mobile and land lines all over the world. And the best part is that calls within United States are free. I have used google voice to do calls to Colombia over my internet connection and I am very satisfied with the service.

Cons

Sometimes is quite hard to use the keyboard on phone when you make calls to call centers, but other than that it is ok.

Srinivas from Informatica

Google Voice

Pros

Messages can be sent to voice number, which in turn then can be forwarded as an email which is pretty neat.

Cons

Transciptions of voicemails are sometimes comically bad

Great tool for calling internationally for free

Quite satisfied and content with the free service I get to call internationally and convenience of an alternate number

Pros

1. Can call internationally for free 2. Can use alternate voice number instead of own private number 3. Can reuse and use it as an alternative number as it doesn't get replaced 4. Gives alternate number to register at places you don't want marketing calls and stuff

Cons

1. All countries are not free to call internationally 2. If not used often, number would be deactivated

Elena from Be Your Best Self and Thrive Counseling

Google Voice

Pros

Easy to use, don't need to use own personal number

Cons

Not confidential for free version, can be glitchy

Brandi from Southside Investments LLC

A great way for my business to keep a local number

Pros

I like that you can select the area code for the number to be in. My customers trust a number coming from their local area more than out of state.

Cons

You are blind as to who the caller is when receiving calls which can lead to a problem if you are both waiting for and avoiding a call at the same time.

Reasons for Choosing Google Voice

This really made the most sense for my company as I did not want to pay for a new phone line but needed to maintain a separate number for work.

Aziz from American Foundation for the Blind

Google Voice for Non-Profit

Google has been pushing out new features and making their product competitive with other products already on the market. The integration with all other Google Workspace products makes this even better as there is less setup/configuration required when rolling out these products.

Pros

Both the web version and app are accessible for our visually impaired users. The integration with our Google Contacts and Google Workspace directory is convenient.

Cons

Not having access to 3 way calling is inconvenient as sometimes as an IT support person I need to get the support reps from other companies on a call with our end users.

Reasons for Choosing Google Voice

Better pricing and better/easier integration with the Google Workspace products.

Reasons for Switching to Google Voice

RingCentral was much more expensive and not accessible enough for our visually impaired users.

Beth

Industry: Writing and Editing

Great, free app for VOIP calls

Pros

I've used this app for years, and even though it's not one they're really doing much with anymore, I'm glad it's still up and running. I did hear they were planning to upgrade it or integrate it in some other platform eventually, but while I know it's part of Google Hangouts, I don't know about future plans. I can't tell you how many times I've lost my cell phone in the house somewhere, and having done away with landlines 20 years ago, I don't have another phone to use to call my missing cell to find it. So I use Google Voice to dial my cell, and track it down while it's ringing. (Yes, I know I can also use Find My Phone, but the few times I have tried that, it told me the phone was out of range, when in fact it was in the next room.) Also, for a while there I was having battery charging issues with my phone and it would die all the time. Google Voice was a great option for getting in touch with someone if I couldn't use my phone. Google Voice also gives you your own phone number, so for instance, on my website I used my Googe Voice phone number instead of giving out a personal cell number. Google Voice also takes messages, and although the alerts to having new Google Voice messages hasn't worked completely reliably, it is cool that it will transcribe the message for you using voice recognition so you can click on a message and just read it rather than having to listen to it. But of course voice recognition isn't always right, so sometimes the messages are a little garbled, but you can usually figure out what was said. There's no delay or hum on the line when I have used it to make calls. And you can text through this connection, too. If you go into settings and configure it the right way, you can even switch from Google Voice to another phone in the middle of the call. There are apps for Android use, although I haven't used any of them. And if you use it through the Google Hangouts portal, you can "face time" and conference call and share files. Oh - and calls are free in the US. If you want to call outside the US you have to add money to the account first.

Cons

Not a lot has been done to the basic app in a while by Google, so if they are planning some big roll out of a new and improved version, that would be great. If you use it outside the Hangouts platform, it is pretty simplistic, but serves its purpose. There's really not a lot negative you can say about it. It makes calls and takes calls and the quality of the connection is pretty good. For free.

John from Crossover Health

Excellent voice recognition software

Excellent. It is a necessary tool I use daily if not that then weekly.

Pros

Google voice is able to integrate not only the user's everyday experience (For example: Going to work, using their google maps voice assistant to articulate a navigation destination is seamless and accurate.) but also in the home (google home) being able to ask questions from cooking to astronomy. The integration of google voice is excellent, not only do you have the ability to use it within your google chrome tabs, you can use it in gmail, and even google calendar. I see physicians using their voice to type to text so much more often because of how easy it is. I can't imagine a world where this won't be the next thing. Soon typing will be a way of the past and people will use their voice- from there I'm sure with what Elon Musk is doing with neurolink, we won't have to use our voices and just integrate thought into words on a screen, but until then Google voice is the next best thing.

Cons

Lack of customer service is an issue. I don't know of anyone who has used it- or even if it is a thing. I would like to see more customization and computer learning from the google voice side of things so you can have BOLD WORDS when an inflection of voice occurs or "quotes" when you're trying to describe things. The ultimate way google voice could be a contender is if they integrate well into texting. Phones are never going away, even if the previous neurolink idea takes off. There needs to be a seamless integration of voice and text and yes, even emoji's. This is the next step that needs to be hurdled with voice assistive software.

Nicole from Railroad Earth

A Semi-Convenient Home Phone Solution?

Google Voice has been a fairly reliable phone number with Voicemail that is very easy to use and pretty easy to set up if you have a gmail, but it doesn't compare with a cell phone or a landline. I alternate using it with another service called TextNow on my PC, which rings audibly more often but also fails to dial out more often! Also sometimes that number will work in cases where Google Voice is blocked. This is a pretty good way to have a "landline" through your desktop computer, and a nice way to not give everyone your cell number.

Pros

I was mugged and I temporarily have no cell phone and after having tried many wifi calling solutions for my pc, Google Voice has remained my primary go-to phone number. I am grateful there is a free option. Also there is the ability to port your number but you have to pay $20 so I didn't do that. You can also forward calls.

Cons

I'm glad I signed up before my cell was stolen because it is really hard to get a Voice number without already having a number... and I think it has to be a cell number too! The phone doesn't always ring and many people have phone settings that block a Voice number. Also I often have trouble in situations where I need to use the keypad to type in an account number.

Reasons for Choosing Google Voice

Google Voice works more consistently than most other wifi calling apps set up for a desktop computer.

Dan from DDA

Industry: Architecture & Planning

An excellent lean service for startups

We started our company with Google Voice and continue to use their suite of business services to supplement our business (e.g. host business email on Gmail and Google Calendars). Ultimately, we felt we grew out of it and moved to a different VOIP service.

Pros

+ No need to piggyback calls on a landline or cellular, but calls could be handled from any device. + Interface within Google products + Overall call quality + Cost ("free")

Cons

- As with any Google product, use comes with a trade-off in privacy. Like Apple, they're trading your information for ad revenue as a cost of service. - Less professional interface.

Cost.

Keeping My Business Phone Connected

When moving to a new city and setting up a very mobile business, my old, out-of-state cellphone number scared people off, so having a dedicated, local number that I only use for business garners more trust and better comfort levels with clients. It is perfect for keeping state-required records with clients since I can access everything from my computer and just print off communications as necessary.

Pros

Google Voice has provided a wonderful way to keep my business and personal life separate all on my same smartphone! I have a mobile phone number that I can use for my business that I have a separate voicemail recording for, can turn on special rules for, and can access from both my phone and my computer in order to keep better records and communicate more efficiently with clients and business partners. It works over the internet, but also piggybacks on my regular cellphone number when I'm offline. That means I can keep my preferred provider and beloved personal phone number while also creating a new avenue for business calls! It's also free to use!

Cons

Google Voice does not always keep itself continuously updated, so I occasionally miss calls or text messages because I didn't get a notification. Also, I cannot tell when a call is incoming if it is coming in on my regular cell phone number or if it is on my Google Voice phone number.

Tigran from Abilene Rental Homes

Great for a free phone number

Free phone number with email forwarding for text messages and cell phone forwarding when you don't have WiFi - what else would you need?

Pros

I use Google phone numbers for my businesses daily and I like that they are free (also can pick a number with the local area code). It is nice that I can call from my laptop or any other computer after I sign to my Google account.

Cons

Google Voice is not very stable, but it seems to get better with time. I had to switch from Hangouts after it got discontinued.

Hangouts was discontinued.

Nina from Geromove LLC

Great solution for Business Phone

Great experience using it, super easy to use and set up. Easy to set voicemail, text, respond to calls.

Pros

Easy to port current phone number for business use. Texting available as well as voice. Easy to set up on any cell with the google voice app. Seamless transition from previous phone service and much cheaper. I like that I can set business hours and it won’t ring outside of that time.

Cons

Would be nice to be able to set different voicemails for inside and outside of business hours. Also would be great to auto set different voicemails ahead of time, like when planning to be out of office and you don’t want to change it while away. But for the price point, all of the features are great.

Reasons for Switching to Google Voice

Price, google voice is cheaper and the features it doesn’t have I can live without.

David H. from IBM

Comprehensive voice communication and text messaging productivity tool

Pros

I've used this service back when it first launched as GrandCentral (renamed to Google Voice). I still use it today as the primary phone number for my marketing consulting business. Google Voice is a telephony service that provides call forwarding and voicemail services, voice and text messaging, as well as U.S. and international call termination for Google Account customers in the U.S. and Canada. A huge bonus, Google Voice offers one of the lowest international calling charges. Don't pay your mobile service provider high prices for international calling. Use Google's service with the mobile app on your smartphone to call anywhere in the world via clear and consistent high-quality Voice-Over-IP.

Cons

I use the Web and mobile app and have never had any issues. That said, it's user support (online) is somewhat limited, and configuration will require an investment in time to learn and apply all the capabilities.

Lora from Resume NC

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Google Voice Does it All - Almost

I love having a local phone number that is linked to my cell phone number. Voice allows for me to see if a call is coming in on my private line or my Company line - Google Voice. I have separate voicemail that transcribes to my email. I send text messages to communicate instantly with my clients and it's so much easier using my laptop and keyboard and I never skip a beat switching devices. This is also saving the thumb strain I was starting to feel from phone texting so frequently.

Pros

The thing I like the most about Google Voice is that I can use it on my laptop all day long making calls and talking to customers without worrying about my already stressed out WiFi crashing in the middle of a call and I can use a great wired headset for super clear sound. Great if you spend the day on the phone.

Cons

The thing I like least about Google Voice is that I cannot see names or save profile pictures for my contacts. I would love to save my clients name and numbers so I can recognize them when they call.

Michael from Michael Karp, LMFT, LPCC

Free Telephone & Text Service!!

Overall, Voice gets the job done as I need it. If I didn't have unlimited cell phone service for my backbone calling, Voice would not be a viable phone option. Texting works fine under all circumstances.

Pros

Voice is very easy to use across all devices. It has great functionality: calls, texts, voicemail, contact depository. You can record different outgoing messages for different groups of people. I also like that you can set Voice up to notify you via e-mail when a call, voicemail or text has arrived. Voice has features that I haven't yet explored.

Cons

I basic function that works only occasionally is making voicecalls using Voice from my computer and tablet. In addition, when I make calls from any device, the person who receives the call often has to contend with that maddening echo. Voice tends to be bandwidth sensitive and I don't have the broadest bandwidth.

CLIFTON from Gotta Yoga LKN

Google Voice User - It has been an essential tool to operating our Yoga Studios

Our experience has been excellent. We used it every day for 9 years. We used it at 2 Yoga Studios. It integrated into our Gmail - Email system easily. Thanks

Pros

Google Voice is FREE. But more importantly it provides a way to manage our phone calls, voice mail, emails, and forwarding calls when away. We use the Google Voice number for all of our Marketing. We have changed VOiP providers several times without having to change our phone number as it was linked to Google Voice. We just forwarded the calls to the new number provided by our VOiP providers.

Cons

For a Free service, I have no complaints. The software improved over the 9 years we used it. It improved on providing accurate conversion of Voice to Text that was sent to our email system.

Reasons for Choosing Google Voice

Because it was Free!! and it had all of the features we were looking for.

Great for Organization and Privacy - From the Perspective of a Research Investigator

Overall, Google Voice permits my research group the ability to contact with our participants easily and to share and communicate easy as a group as we work on our research investigation. Since our research in community-based, it requires a great amount of coordination and communication with members of the community, and having Google Voice enables me and my group to carry out tasks in a productive and efficient manner.

Pros

The most appealing aspect of Google Voice is the ability to create a different phone number that is linked to your phone number for free! This free service allows the ability to organize contacts, message clients, and manage calls and voicemails individually and as a group. Also, having another phone number linked to your personal number allows a new solely used to business transactions lets say, creating more privacy and customization to messagings and calls.

Cons

The least appealing aspect of Google Voice is ease of usage. With this, it is easy for people to steal your phone number and use your personal number to further voice plushing and so on. The security measures for Google Voice should be revamped to prevent people with ill intent from scamming using google Voice.

Neel from Exxon Food Mart And ABC Store

Google Voice

It is very good and easy to use.

Pros

I love this software because it is good for all kinds of business from small to big to create a phone number people can call and text you on.

Cons

I love everything about their software there is nothing not to like about it.

Reasons for Choosing Google Voice

Because it was easy to use unlike completely filling out tons of forms to use.

Matt from Modern Era Counseling, PLLC

Industry: Mental Health Care

Free, simple to use, bug-free...but not professional enough for business use

At no cost, Google Voice gives me an additional phone number to use in situations where I need to keep my personal number private.

Pros

Google Voice works pretty much like your regular phone number. You download the app, get a Google Voice number, and you're ready to start making calls and texts. If you want/need to keep your personal number private, Google Voice is a great option.

Cons

The one issue I have with Google Voice is that you can't set up a personalized voicemail greeting. Instead, callers hear something like, "You've reached Google Voice" before being prompted to leave a message. For this reason, I don't find Google Voice to be professional enough for business use.

Lowest price (free)

Business Line on Mobile Phone

Great way to add an additional business line for calls or text without adding a phone line and having to pay more!

Pros

Google Voice is awesome! I am the general manager of a small business and I didn't like giving out my personal number to clients. This allows me to keep business and personal separate without needing two phones. I have calls forwarded to my regular cell line and it is flagged as a business call so I know to answer the phone with my business greeting.

Cons

As stated in the review I have the number setup so that it rings on my personal cell # and the call shows that it is a business call coming from my google voice number (so I know to answer it with my business greeting) but to set this up it was a little bit of a work around and you cannot see the caller ID when using this method. In addition if you ignore the call (instead of letting it ring through) they will get my personal VM instead of business.

Let Google Voice Do All The Talking

I love being able to type text messages on my keyboard from my desktop computer running Google Voice. This makes it so much easier to type with a full scale keyboard than on a tiny handheld device. I also enjoy the Google Voice calling feature. So as long as I have a mic and speaker or a headset connected on my desktop I can use Google Voice to make calls over the internet for free.

Pros

The feature I like Google Voice the most is that it can be run on any web browser and there's an app to run it on a smart phone. It makes texting and calling over the internet so much easy when you can do this from your desktop and not just on your smart phone.

Cons

I like least about Google Voice is that the directory relies on the entries created under Google Contacts. Google Voice does not offer its own set of contacts to work from.

Kevin

Is there a better VOIP Option? The Answer is No Google Voice is the Best

Pros

I have been using Google Voice since they had limited invites and from the beginning until now this is probably one of the best tools created in the last 10 years to be honest. The ability to have a free number that forwards to any number is great you can even use your laptop, tablet, or phone for free as an option as long as you have wifi enabled. My calls have never dropped, sms and mms is efficient and you can literally have as many numbers as you have Google accounts.

Cons

Major con would be somehow you get random calls from people who may have purchased your number somewhere. Also the call screening message lets people know you are using a Google voice number when someone calls you if you dont change it

Renato from Geromove LLC

Simple to set up and use

Great experience so far. Easy to use and really cost effective solution. Like that it has texting feature as well.

Pros

Easy to set up initially. Easy to add employee access through the google business hub. Imported our current business number very easily. Easy to set up working hours and add voicemail.

Cons

Could have option for multiple voicemails for working hours and off hours. Could have call routing options to set up to ring different devices. But overall features are good for the price pointe.

Reasons for Switching to Google Voice

Price. This is cheaper and I can do without other features.

Save and transcribe every voicemail

I wanted to interact with all of my customers without giving them my personal phone number. I achieved this by using Google Voice as my official business number, which then rerouted to my personal number.

Pros

I've been using this for almost 10 years. It was really nice what was the only product on the market that would transcribe every voice mail for free. Also, it's saved every voicemail for forever, instead of having to delete from your phone or cloud account. Also, I really like being able to text from my computer.

Cons

At times, it feels as though Google Voice never really received the type of attention it should have had from Google itself. MMS messages can be clunky, and it needs deeper integration with Android devices.

Paul from Red River High School

Everyone using an Android phone should use Google Voice.

As a teacher I love that I can share this number with students and I don't have to worry about who gets the number. If I have a problem with an incoming number, I can easily block that number. Just adds a level of security to my cell phone number. I use this number for any store or business requests for my number as well.

Pros

I love that I can give out this phone number and not worry about who it is shared with. Google Voice gives you the ability to block numbers very easily and manage who can get a hold of you. It also gives you the ability to create custom messages for different numbers.

Cons

There are times when some systems will not let you put in a Google Voice number as a legitimate phone number. But this seems to be pretty rare for me.

Peter from Columbia Data Products - Snapback

Google Voice, communication without barriers.

It is very useful and practical to be able to acquire our own telephone number that identifies our company where we can communicate nationally and internationally, and that we can use all our phones or devices. It is a very useful platform, since its new SIP technology makes it easier for us to perform our daily tasks. I like that Google Voice offers us the possibility of keeping our phone number, if we decide to change IP service.

Pros

This platform allows us to relate and store all the content or activity that occurs in our telephone communications, such as messages, recorded conversations, date, etc. GoogleVoice offers us a wide variety of applications and functions that have really changed our company's telephone activity, in a very effective and safe way, we also like the way your system has to redirect calls and unify them or allow them to ring at all phones or devices, very important in cases of an emergency.

Cons

This system that Google offers us is really wonderful, I do not really observe in any deficiency.

Julie from City of St. Charles School District

Google Voice, the Preferred Communication Tool

Google Voice has streamlined my communications. I hear back from contacts much more quickly with Google Voice than email or phone calls.

Pros

I am a teacher. Parents, colleagues, and administrators all prefer Google Voice for stress-free communications. Google Voice sends my messages straight to the recipient's phone. They can respond as if a text arrived. Their responses appear not only in my Google Voice account but also in my Gmail. I can even share my number with students without giving them any personal information.

Cons

It is a bit cumbersome to create a contact within Google Voice, but I'm spoiled, I'm sure. It takes a minute or less.

Patrick from Self-Employed

Google Voice Review

In general, I enthusiastically prescribe and will keep on utilizing it for composing articles with talk with subjects. It can likewise be helpful for business calls so that you're not giving out your own number, since it actually rings to your own telephone.

Pros

Google Voice has given a magnificent method to keep my business and individual life separate all on my equivalent cell phone! I have a cell phone number that I can use for my business that I have a different voice message recording for, can turn on exceptional guidelines for, and can access from both my telephone and my PC to keep better records and convey all the more proficiently with customers and colleagues. It works over the web, yet in addition piggybacks on my standard cellphone number when I'm disconnected. That implies I can keep my favored supplier and darling individual telephone number while likewise making another road for business calls! It's additionally allowed to utilize!

Cons

The most un-engaging part of Google Voice is simplicity of utilization. With this, it is simple for individuals to take your telephone number and utilize your own number to additional voice plushing, etc. The safety efforts for Google Voice ought to be patched up to keep individuals with sick expectation from defrauding utilizing google Voice.

Google voice my choice for business on the go

It's great on the go when I am working and free and easy to learn how to navigate the app in just a few minutes.

Pros

I really like the option to block spam callers and being able to create different voice mail messages to pick and choose any of your messages pre recorded in a minute. And it's so much better then Google Hangouts.

Cons

Only concern or negative thing that I do not like is there's way to many spam calls every day like 20-30 of them. It's very bothersome and distracts from my job. But you can tell which ones are spam calls by the (662) prefix so it's just a easy deny call option then go to app and Mark it as spam.

Amy from MILODEA

Go-Go Google Voice

Overall, I have enjoyed google voice and continue to benefit from its service. It handles my small business needs for a great price and is easily integrated with my collaborating softwares.

Pros

Google Voice has been a great asset to my start-up and has really helped me to carry a business-line for low cost. It’s a great start point and very in-expensive

Cons

With the newer added products google has to offer features have been taken from voice and spread amongst several product lines

Reasons for Choosing Google Voice

I chose Google Voice because of the price to secure my number and the fact that their are no ads to clutter the landing page

Aaron from Poster House

Industry: Museums and Institutions

Amazing phone option

Overall, Google Voice functions very well as an alternate phone, with a unique phone number, and all the expected features like texting, voicemail, and clear connection.

Pros

Google Voice provides the perfect option for having an alternate phone number for separating calls. The voicemail transcription option is wonderful, and I love being able to send text messages from the Google Voice number.

Cons

There is often a delay in connection when answering from the smartphone app, and I wish you didn't have to have a Google Voice internet tab open on your computer to answer. Please add a Mac app!

Great to Use for an Extra Phone Line!

Pros

What I like most about this service is that while it is absolutely free to use, it works just as good as a paid service would work, and I would know well because I used one in the past. I also like the fact that the phone quality is great while you are speaking to someone, and text message conversations can be held without any lag/delay between receiving and sending messages, which is great. Overall, this is a very neat tool to have if and when you need an additional phone number to call and text.

Cons

If I had to choose one thing I did not like about this software, it is the fact that an internet connection must be used in order for it to function. If you do not have an active internet connection, you would have to wait until you do have one in order to see which calls and texts you missed out on. Other than that one aspect, there is not much else to not like about this software.

Heidi from Restorative Bodywork, LLC

excellent way to sensor calls

Overall I have enjoyed using Google Voice for the privacy aspect of it. Knowing only family and friends are calling me after hours and on the weekends is quite nice.

Pros

When I first began my career I wanted to build clientele but had reservations about strangers getting my personal cell phone number and google voice was the answer! I really like how it transcribes messages so that I am save time when catching up on multiple messages at once.

Cons

Sometimes when the messages are transcribed they are inaccurate and I still have to go in and listen to the full message.

Carissa from Diamond Eyez Photography

Industry: Photography

Great For Business Numbers

Overall I can't live with out it. With the ability to connect multiple phones for it to ring to I can have my assistant pick up when I cant. I also like the multiple voicemails I can create and switch at my leisure. I have utilized the hangouts feature but it seems like it would be really easy to use and man people have a google account.

Pros

I love that I can text and call from both my computer and my phone app. I am on the computer a lot so it makes it easier to just chat with everyone.

Cons

I want to be able to select what my name is that pulls up for people I call. Some have told me it was an insurance name

Kurt from Surgical Care Affiliates

Flexibility of Google Voice is amazing!

I have used it for over 10 years and have been able to send incoming calls to any new cell phone I get, any new work phone I get. And being able to ring multiple endpoints at the same time is also a great feature. And all my old voicemails and texts are store in my Google account and I'll never lose them.

Pros

The ability to take this number with me anywhere regardless of my actual service provider is amazing. I will always have this number and can point it to any new actual phone line, work or personal.

Cons

The Google Voice app doesn't support texting or sending video yet.

Russell from Silicon Valley Tax Coach

Intolerable product limitations make this unusable for a business phone service

I cannot believe that Google is pushing this as a business product but does not give users the ability to dial out using the primary number for the business. That is completely ridiculous and a non-starter for almost any business. If I had known that when I was evaluating Google Voice I would never have ported my numbers to it.

Pros

Relatively affordable, easy to set up and use.

Cons

Cannot use own recording for IVR, must use the robot voice for text to speech. Cannot dial out using main phone number because it is assigned to the IVR. Cannot receive texts at this number either, they just vanish and we are never notified of them and cannot see them.

Reasons for Switching to Google Voice

I wanted the ability to more easily manage the service myself, and to not have to pay for a PBX server to host it. Vitelity is very cheap but I had to rely on my IT person to make any changes to our PBX system.

Everybody should get a Google Voice number

Pros

It seems like at one point Google Voice was going to be an "important" part of Google's offerings, but it never really took off. Still, it is really handy. It's a great way to have a "second number" for when you don't want to give out your direct cell number. It also has some nice features that my main provider lacks (like call screening).

Cons

It seems like Google has not prioritized work on this product in a long time. It seems like they could eventually just drop support for it entirely, but until then it's great!

Shannon from Zocale

Google Voice

For the most part good. Like that I can receive business calls and text to a separate number and do not have to give away my personal number. I do not like that it does not separate the incoming alerts to your phone so you can tell it is google voice.

Pros

I can have a separate line on my phone and can use it for business without needing to purchase another phone plan. You can also text with this number as well.

Cons

It is hard to separate your personal calls from your google voice calls. I wish there was a google voice alert with the incoming call.

Peter from University of St Andrews

The best free VOIP app out there

Pros

Google Voice offers users a free number on sign-up, meaning there is no initial cost whatsoever. You can also setup forwarding on this free number, which has been so useful for us here. Though there are some features behind a pay-wall, the basic and fundamental functionality is totally free. The costs for calling international numbers is also reasonable, particularly useful for us when contacting applicants currently abroad. Like every other Google produce, the user interface is simply excellent. Looking crisp and clean on both mobile and desktop devices.

Cons

I'm really struggling to think of a negative point about Google Voice, there are just so many things it does right! The only real negative is that the initial setup was more time-consuming than other similar products, and required a slight bit more education of our users on how to use it.

Anthony from ABC Solutions

Best Virtual VM Ever

I have been using voice for many years now and its been the one constant for my business. I love the call announcement feature the most because it allows me to decide if i want to take the call. Voice quality is great.

Pros

That it connects to all of your phones, that you can dial out from the program and it shows the number in iD, that you can import into your contacts numbers called, that it can also receive and send text.

Cons

The phone app version of the application causes your cell phone to crash allot so I know longer use it.

ibrahim from self-employed

Google voice

Pros

Accessible on all devises, unlike the competitors product which can only be accessed on one specific device, Its provide security features which helps the user to protect the authenticity of a document. The auto save feature of the product helps users to safe guard against unexpected malfunctions of their devise.

Cons

advanced features of the product are hard to use, and sometimes cause unwanted changes to a documents which also change the contents structure of a document. Users may may frequent internet downtimes and so will not have access to created documents as the product has an internet cloud based system.