What are Grasshopper users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Grasshopper software through verified user reviews

• icon"It's competitively priced and easy to use. As for functionality, it connects with whatever other phone line you have through forwarding and it also sends an email with a voice message recording."
  • icon"For the cost it can't be beat, it performs just as well as much more expensive VoIP products with the same amount of simplicity and reliability."
  • icon"It was very easy to begin using, not a ton of set up required, very easy to reach technical support when issues arose."
  • icon"There are only two things that I dislike about Grasshopper. The plan pricing is the first on my list."
  • icon"TERRIBLE customer service. The online settings interface is horribly non-intuitive."
  • icon"So, if they don't apply to you, you are lost for a while unless you call and wait on hold."

Browse all Grasshopper Reviews

• Have you used Grasshopper and would like to share your experience with others?

Julliana

Company size: 2 - 10 employees

FINALLY - I don't have to give clients my cellphone number

Lisa

Full-featured phone system at a reasonable price

My customers are still telling me how impressed they are with the new system. We've had it for just over a year now, and some of the aches and pains of the old system have faded in my mind. Even so, I can tell you it's leaps and bounds above the last system we had. It takes around 10% of the time I used to spend setting up old extensions, and causes almost none of the aggravation and worry I had with the old system.

Pros

It was very easy to set up, even though my company's phone system is pretty complicated. They have great tools that are easy to implement. For example, I change the forwarding for at least one of my extensions several times a day. This process is easy and everything works flawlessly, as does the simultaneous ringing of my cell phone when someone calls my extension. I had some trouble with one number I ported from another provider, and the help desk fixed it within a couple of hours. A few months later, I had problems porting a fax number from an online fax provider, and they fixed it immediately. (The fax feature provided by Grasshopper is excellent, too!) Their prices are very reasonable, and they have taken a great deal of worry off my plate. I am very glad I found this software!

Cons

I can't say I have had any problems with the software that wasn't taken care of immediately by the excellent tech support. I had a little trouble setting up the extensions and recordings, but I had never had anything but an old-fashioned phone system before. Considering my lack of experience, the virtual system was not hard to figure out, and it was well worth it!

Brent

The most features for the price

Very positive overall.

Pros

Grasshopper offers business telephone features that you will pay a lot more for with any other provider. You get a phone number, voicemail, unlimited calling, IVR, multiple extensions, and custom call management.

Cons

Lacks advanced call features you might find with other VOIP providers, and because it's a virtual phone service, you still have to use your mobile phone to answer calls. Also, the Android app is a bit buggy and doesn't always notify me when I've missed a call, so I have to open the app to check it.

Reasons for choosing Grasshopper

Pricing structure was much more favorable with Grasshopper

May 2022

Amazing software for the modern day office phone solution

Pros

Overall this product offers great and easy call routing to all users within our company. Not only has it saved on extremely high in-office phone costs it allows users to manage their calls from their cells/computers. The customer service is also fantastic. I once made mistake when adding and removing an employee, after calling in not only did they resolve the issue but they also fixed it without me having to do it myself. That shows me a high level of training that I respect. Teaching someone what to do, but also acknowledging there time is a high PRO in my books for this modern age.

Cons

The only cons were getting my office line released from our previous carrier. This took much longer than expected. Also, some of the online instructions were a bit vague. BUT if you called in they helped out great over the phone.

Reasons for choosing Grasshopper

Cheaper and seemed like there were less strings attached

The price was 10X cheaper

Mario

April 2022

Stay away. There are much better products out there.

A huge disappointment all around. The only good parts are the text auto-reply, and that you can have multiple people access the texts on lines they are allowed access to. The worst part for us is that when we ported some numbers to another provider we lost access to all of our records (text messages, call logs and voice mails) associated with those numbers.

Pros

Simplicity. No needing for additional equipment.

Cons

Poor call quality. Wi-fi calling is awful. They claim that they do not alter the caller id, yet the same calls coming in on the mobile device show the caller's name (when published), but when routed through grasshopper you only see the name with very few exceptions.

Reasons for choosing Grasshopper

Cost seems reasonable, albeit we have been overcharged on some bills and had to call in to get it resolved.

Reasons for switching to Grasshopper

We wanted a way to have multiple people be able to answer calls and texts while not in the office.

March 2022

Using grasshopper for our small businesss.

Overall, using grasshopper has helped my small business to maintain call center operations effectively. For the price, it is a good software to utilize.

Pros

Grasshopper is very easy to use. They’ve made both web client and app available to make outgoing and receive incoming calls.

Cons

The pricing for voip is higher then competitors but it’s easy to use as a combination with multiple numbers.

Joshua

Industry: Utilities

Costly, But Lots of Features

Overall, I was highly pleased with the quick onboarding process. It took less than 30 minutes to have the app fully set up and my number activated. My business chose to go with Grasshopper primarily because it's a trusted and well-known name in VOIP. Grasshopper has enabled us to have a separate phone number for our business and adds a ton of convenience in that we are able to use it with their app on our smartphones.

Pros

I like that, compared to its competitors, Grasshopper offers a wider variety of useful features. Some of my favorite features are visual voicemail, conference calling, Wi-Fi calling, virtual fax, and business texting. All of those features and more are included in all of their plans at no additional cost.

Cons

There are only two things that I dislike about Grasshopper. The plan pricing is the first on my list. They offer three different plans; I have the cheapest one which costs $29 per month which includes the phone number plus three lines. Second, I dislike that in order to use the Wi-Fi calling feature, you must first disable the Wi-Fi calling feature if you already use it with your cellular plan.

Reasons for choosing Grasshopper

We chose Grasshopper over the alternatives primarily because of their added features.

Grasshopper good for small business

I've been using Grasshopper for over three years and have had no need to switch. I have a toll free line that makes it easy for my customers to reach me across Canada.

Pros

Grasshopper has a lot of features that I use as a small business. The ability to set the working hours and messages in advance makes controlling my time a lot easier.

Cons

It took a bit of time to set up but besides that, Grasshopper does what it is supposed to. I have been using it for 3 years plus and no issues so far.

Reasons for choosing Grasshopper

I research features for both companies and Grasshopper came up on top. It was a little better bang for my buck.

Terrible service, run far far away!

Terrible. I wish I had not signed up. Unfortunatley I was conned into picking the year subscription, so big loss of $$. If you really want to try for yourself, DO NOT pick the year subscription. Only throw your money away for a month or 2.

Pros

Only pro is it was fairly quick and easy to get started. Phone calls work okay.

Cons

TERRIBLE customer service. The online settings interface is horribly non-intuitive. Doing something that should be really simple, like setting an away greeting while you are on vacation, cannot be done by yourself. After trying every possible configuration online, you have to contact support. But they make it impossible to find the number to contact support. Then when you do finally find the number, you're transferred or disconnected multiple times. End result is you'll spend an hour or more trying to change something that should take 2-3 minutes.

Reasons for choosing Grasshopper

Grasshopper was the cheapest option I think. Big mistake. You get what you pay for.

Rian

Industry: Environmental Services

Best Virtual Phone!

Pros

I have tried other virtual phone systems, and I am happy I made the switch to Grasshopper. First off, their app, flawless! Never once has the app crashed on me. I have 3 toll-free phone numbers, using the cell app, I can simply change what number I want to call from without revealing my personal number. I was able to upload my own custom recorded auto attendant message and upload VM greetings for each extension. Bringing over my toll free numbers was a breeze, they easily stepped me thru the process. I can transfer calls and put calls on hold while on the phone, a game changer! My favorite feature, is Call Blasting. Where when a caller chooses a specific number, grasshopper will ring multiple phones at once until the call is answered! I am very happy with Grasshopper and I highly recommend it to anyone wanting a top notch professional phone system!

Cons

On the grasshopper call log, sometimes it errors and logs the wrong phone number that the call came in on. The incoming Caller ID is correct, however the GH Log will show they called Line 2, when I know it was line 1.. Not a big deal, I'm sure they will fix that soon ;-)

Response from LogMeIn

We love the title of your review Rian! Thanks for the thoughtful review. Happy to hear Grasshopper has been such an easy switch for you.

Replied June 2018

Zev

Tracking across several final mile partners

We use it to track multiple delivery partners for ongoing issues and collaborative efforts.

Pros

I like the ability to get the real time tracking and ongoing delivery information. It functions well for reports as well.

Cons

I didn't love the layout and design when printing PODs. The disclaimers can be a bit blurry sometimes.

Robson

Industry: Architecture & Planning

April 2022

Your business at your phone

Pros

The features that Grasshopper have are useful to business. It is simple but efficient.

Cons

It was difficult to start using it to the business, but once you settled that, it's easy to go on.

MARLON

The Best Virtual Phone System There Is!

My team and myself are very pleased from day one with this system! Its amazing features make our job so much easier; receiving telephone calls from our international clients right from our computer at no cost to them but yet very affordable for us! Calls are also forward to my cellphone when I'm not in office and this is very important for me. This system has for sure help our business grow. We are very satisfied with Grasshopper and look forward keep on taking advantage of this reliable and affordable Virtual Phone System!

Pros

That our clients from the USA and Canada are able to get in touch with us free of cost to them. This is great because majority of our clientele is from the US and Grasshopper is very affordable for us. All calls are forwarded to our land line in Belize or to my cellphone when I'm not in office; love this feature! With the Grasshopper App for windows, calls can be answered from your computer; all you need is a headset. This system just amazes me with it's features that keep making my job so much easier! Our clients also fax us using this same toll free number and it is delivered right to my inbox; this is amazing. This system has really helped increasing our sales.

Cons

My team and myself are very pleased with Grasshopper system, reason why we are still using it for many years. No complaints at all.

Reasons for choosing Grasshopper

We preferred Grasshopper because calls are very clear, it is a reliable phone system, affordable and it is toll free for our US and Canada clients an calls can be forwarded to our landlines in Belize or better yet; answered right from our computer using the Grasshopper desktop app! Overall it's an amazing system!

Reasons for switching to Grasshopper

We switched because calls are so much more clear with Grasshopper than through Magic Jack. Also, with Grasshopper we are able to forward calls to all our offices.

Alexandra

November 2015

Grasshopper is an Amazing Tool for Entrepreneurs

We've been using Grasshopper since 2013 and it's been a wonderful tool. You know your software is great when you don't actually spend any time thinking about it and it just works. Support is amazing, but I hardly ever have to use it because we never have any problems. We just opened up our third Grasshopper account for our consulting firm, and other manufacturing company. Our favorite things about Grasshopper is that there are only the flat costs, instead of per user costs. Our business works with many independent professionals, ( ie our dedicated IT person is also a small business owner) and we needed to be able to give people their own extensions so our customers could reach out to them directly, but still under the umbrella and safety of our business. Grasshopper makes it really easy to do that, keeping us professional and our customers satisfied. I would hate to have to pay for 13 extensions, when I really only need 7 users, but with other systems, for every email you add on, you have to pay for that user. You also only pay for what you use or your plan, so you don't have to break the bank. We don't take an excess amount of calls to our office, mostly email, so you only have to spend a little, you really get a lot. You can pay by the minute (which we choose to do based on our fluctuating call patterns) or you can buy a bulk minute plan, which is incredibly competitive in price. The call quality is absolutely amazing, because Grasshopper runs over traditional phone lines and not VOIP. This allows you as a business owner to run a cloud based system, but get all the benefits of landline quality. If you're a business of 1 and want to sound more professional, Grasshopper is the best way to do it. You can set up multiple extensions (press 1 for sales, 2 for support) even if they all forward to the same place. It's also perfect if you're like our business, where you require not a lot of talk time, but several departments and extensions to be able to suit your customer needs because of contractors on your team. I definitely recommend this to anyone who has large contractor teams that work on several projects together regularly and need to delegate some responsibility. Whether you're a solopreneur, a small business, or even a large business, Grasshopper allows you to take your business anywhere, any time, without problems. It's easy, affordable, and get's the job done well.

Pros

Grasshopper gets it done right. It's incredibly affordable for letting your business have a professional line without breaking the bank and there's never a call quality issue. You can also choose a vanity number which is a huge bonus (100% of my recommendations to others for Grasshopper get a vanity number.) Biggest perks include: *No per user cost - only pay for what you use, or buy a larger plan if you talk a lot *Create a ton of extensions *Mobile App is really helpful - you can dial out using your vanity number *Voicemails delivered to your inbox or listed to them over the mobile app *Call screening (personal favorite, so I can truly decide if I want to take that call or not!) *Time Zone setup for users that are maybe on a different coast then you (we use this currently)

Cons

Lack of integration with CRM. Other CRM tools often an auto dialer that allows you to associate calls with leads and so forth, and I think this would add a lot of value if it were added. Also, no local vanity numbers. Wish regulatory fees were a bit lower but can't do too much about that. Lastly, not really a con, but when you sign up, you need to call and ask them to upgrade you to the advanced user interface. There is no extra cost, but this is the you really need to make your life easier.

Response from Grasshopper

Hi there, Thanks so much for leaving such a thorough review! We appreciate your honest feedback, and love having you as a customer. :) - Mary

Replied November 2015

Barry

Great for small business

Grasshopper truly helps small business owners with an easy to start service, great options and an overall great quality product. Some features including text based voicemail, encrypted faxes, text messaging, multiple phone services, and more. I would highly recommend this product as a personal user and have enjoyed using this product for over a year.

Pros

Grasshopper easily allows you to set up an 800 number for small business usage. It synchronizes with any phone very easily and usually takes about 5-10 minutes to begin working. Customers can call, text or fax information to the same number as opposed to having separate extensions which makes it very convenient not only to customers but the client as well. When a person calls you can choose to answer, send to voicemail, and/or check to see who is calling. If you are looking for separate extensions or have multiple employees across the state or nation then Grasshopper can provide service for multiple extensions and you can set up employees with Grasshopper as opposed to providing a business phone.

Cons

The downside about Grasshopper that I have found is that when a client calls it will automatically pop up as the 800 number you selected. This makes it easy in terms of identifying if someone is calling the business but at the cost of not identifying the customer unless you use the "to see who's calling" option before answering. This is a small issue however and as a personal business owner myself, I deal with multiple clients and customers across the state with frequent new customers whose numbers I wouldn't recognize.

Grasshopper is perfect for home, on the go and remote work businesses

As mentioned above, Grasshopper allows me to have the functionality of a full-fledged office phone system using only my cell phone. It was incredibly easy to get started, to set up and to add users later on. Every voicemail is available to listen to in the app itself, or, more conveniently, is emailed directly to me. One great feature Grasshopper offers is receiving faxes. You can use your same phone number with Grasshopper to receive faxes. Any fax that is sent to your number gets emailed to you. Even though faxing is not as common these days, people still use it. Not needing to have a separate fax number is great!

Pros

I love the fact that I can have a business phone number, with extensions, departments, transferring, voice mail and fax and it all goes straight to my cell phone (or my employees' phones who work remotely). It means that no matter where I am, I can take a call as if I were right in my office and the caller needn't know the difference.

Cons

I know this is going to sound silly, but since it's so easy to get set up and then it just works, the thing that I like least is when I do need to log back into my account to do something, it's usually been so long since I've visited the site that I need to reorient myself with the website and platform. It doesn't take long to figure my way around but rarely having to log in all the time definitely means that I need a little more time when I do log in.

Best small operations phone solution!

A cost-effective phone system solution for our rag-tag team of entrepreneurs.

Pros

Grasshopper is so simple to set up and use. I love the phone and desktop (new & amazing) apps. It's so easy to support multiple products/programs through this system and always know how to answer the call, great features, and awesome customer service staff. We've been using this for almost three years now and we still love it. Not having to be tethered to a desk is great, and having a professional-seeming phone system to increase your credibility at the same time is even better!

Cons

International calling is a bit of a headache and cost, but then again, where isn't it? The browser interface leaves much to be desired, especially if your setup requires the advanced features on the old interface only. The playback of uploaded recordings in the browser version, and recording via the browser options rarely, if ever, work. Uploading only works with MP3, and the quality is always degraded and somewhat difficult to understand.

Jaron

SO much better than Google Voice.

Pros

Grasshopper has been exactly what I needed. I wanted a company phone number, but I didn't want to carry around a 2nd phone or install a landline like it's 1997. I have virtual administrators who handle my customer service, and I will often need to switch the prioritization of who should receive calls first in the queue. Grasshopper solves all that with some pretty great software. The queue function, voicemail, and SMS alone are great. There are other features too that I haven't even gotten around to setting up yet.

Cons

Occasionally it has its bugs. The app isn't perfect, it's like maybe a 7/10 in terms of speed and reliability. I often get double notifications for one thing. Sometimes calls don't come through but it can't be replicated, and we recently had some login issues. Overall it's still quite good and I don't intend on switching, but it still has some things to work out before I would preach it to my friends.

Response from LogMeIn

Thanks for your review Jaron! We're always working on improving our app. You should start to notice some improvements soon, if you haven't already!

Replied August 2018

Straightforward, simple, and cost-effective way to juggle and route multiple phone numbers for SMBs.

We use it to run a "website question" 1-800 phone number that routes to different stores and remote individuals at different times with multiple options for service.

Pros

It's extremely easy to use and very affordable. You can setup custom phone numbers and create routing between all kinds of phones. It gives the appearance of having a more sophisticated setup than you really do. You can setup holding music, routing rules, voicemail, multiple users, and more between office phone systems, personal cell phones, and everything in-between. You can set hours for each number and routing rules such as order, how many times to ring, and what numbers ring to which numbers.

Cons

The only thing I wish it could do that it doesn't is record calls, and that is a big downside to me. A nice to have feature might be being able to assign calls to specific users. Otherwise, it handles everything I need very well.

Jose

Industry: Civil Engineering

Decent product for the price

We have a had a decent experience with it, especially for the price and simplicity.

Pros

Easy to add extensions and voicemails. The app is very easy to use. As the administrator, I am able to see every call and voicemail for the entire company. There is no need for any additional phones or hardware. You just need your cellphone and/or a computer that has mic/headphones.

Cons

About 80% reliable. Sometimes calls are dropped or the app says that I have a voicemail or missed call, but my phone or my employee's phones never rang. Even though there is a wi-fi calling feature it opens the door to all sorts of glitches, so we make sure to never enable that option. The desktop app is decent, but it does not keep you logged in. You have to log in on a regular basis, which can get frustrating.

Reasons for choosing Grasshopper

Mainly for the price and ease of use.

Kathy

It gives me new hope that Customer Service can be excellent!

Pros

I can sign in easily, I can get phone messages by text or voicemail. I can easily set up extensions for multiple people with ease. I can add new phone numbers and search for the numbers I want. There is so much I can easily do with this product, and when I have a question, the customer service goes beyond my wildest dreams for being prompt, and if they can't answer a question, I get a higher level of support immediately. They even offered to refund money on a service I wasn't getting (and thought I was). No haggling. Just reasonable people working overtime to do excellent work.

Cons

It would be great to have a lower cost for international return calls. We're an international company and there are additional charges for my Irish therapist returning calls via Grasshopper.

Matt

Industry: Motion Pictures and Film

Good for price but still needs more features

Overall experience with Grasshopper is good. I've used their service for over 2 years now and I do still consider other options, but always stick with Grasshopper due to their ease of use and competitive price.

Pros

It's competitively priced and easy to use. As for functionality, it connects with whatever other phone line you have through forwarding and it also sends an email with a voice message recording. It's straight forward and works well.

Cons

The biggest issue is that when a call comes in on the toll-free number, the phone you've got it linked to will show the call as your toll free number rather than whoever is calling. It would be great to simply have a caller ID. Also, it needs texting service. Perhaps a toll free number can't work with texting but in case it can, than Grasshopper needs to get on board with it.

Alex

Grasshoper helps entrepreneurs scale their office environment

My overall experience has been great with Grasshopper. Their customer service is awesome and super helpful.

Pros

I love how convenient and professional the platform/service is. They allow you to forward calls, make calls from and have department extensions. The customizable hold music and voicemail is awesome. It really helps startups put the best voice forward facing to their prospects and patrons.

Cons

I wish you could change what comes up on the caller ID when you call from your grasshopper number so that it can be cohesive with your brand.

Reasons for choosing Grasshopper

I chose Grasshopper over the alternatives because of the value proposition that they bring, and especially at their price points. The platform is pretty flexible and customizable.

Why Invest in PBX Hardware?

We've used Grasshopper for years and dollar for dollar it has been a great investment.

Pros

Our company made the move away from a PBX VOIP system years ago opting instead for employee cell phones and Grasshopper. It is much more flexible and economical. The administration interface is easy to work with. Each user can have their own extension and there is a directory that works by the spelling of the user's last name. You can also set up a roll sequence for incoming calls.

Cons

It is really not the product's fault but you have to teach your users about the way voicemail is handled when using a virtual PBX. Messages coming in via the PBX number and extension are routed through Grasshopper while messages coming from a direct call a handled by the cell carrier.

Diana

Grasshopper allows our small business to have a professional phone presence and never miss a call.

It's been easy to use and has saved us a lot of money by not having someone to staff a phone when there isn't a need to have a person on site. The cost is very reasonable and it's completely transparent to customers.

Pros

Grasshopper allows us to manage calls with a lot of flexibility. Whether we're at our business or out and about, the customer never knows. We can assign different people to handle different types of calls, we can accept text inquiries, and we can be available for calls whatever hours we want, up to 24/7.

Cons

It can take a little longer that I'd like for customers to get through, since they have to wait for Grasshopper to answer, listen to the greeting, put in an extension, and then wait for the call to forward. This is a minimal issue though in comparison to the alternative.

Grasshopper