• Pros

• "Interface is very easy to use. Voice quality is great!"

• "Convenient and easy to set up. It has saved our company thousoands of dollars in phone charges. Reports are great. I highly recommend."

• "Easy to use. Love how ya can look at text and phone calls in just a click on the app. Easy to find everything especially the caller is feature is helpful"

• Cons

• "The setup is a little clunky, but the end result bid worth the learning curve."

• "The web interface is a little dated looking, but it isn't needed often. I'd like to see live reports and charts in the web interface, rather than having to run and download the reports as CSVs."

• "A little clunky, in terms of getting in to the app to make a phone call. But I don't know how to do it better so I'm not complaining."

Browse Grasshopper Reviews

Lisa from TSWT, Inc.

Full-featured phone system at a reasonable price

My customers are still telling me how impressed they are with the new system. We've had it for just over a year now, and some of the aches and pains of the old system have faded in my mind. Even so, I can tell you it's leaps and bounds above the last system we had. It takes around 10% of the time I used to spend setting up old extensions, and causes almost none of the aggravation and worry I had with the old system.

Pros

It was very easy to set up, even though my company's phone system is pretty complicated. They have great tools that are easy to implement. For example, I change the forwarding for at least one of my extensions several times a day. This process is easy and everything works flawlessly, as does the simultaneous ringing of my cell phone when someone calls my extension. I had some trouble with one number I ported from another provider, and the help desk fixed it within a couple of hours. A few months later, I had problems porting a fax number from an online fax provider, and they fixed it immediately. (The fax feature provided by Grasshopper is excellent, too!) Their prices are very reasonable, and they have taken a great deal of worry off my plate. I am very glad I found this software!

Cons

I can't say I have had any problems with the software that wasn't taken care of immediately by the excellent tech support. I had a little trouble setting up the extensions and recordings, but I had never had anything but an old-fashioned phone system before. Considering my lack of experience, the virtual system was not hard to figure out, and it was well worth it!

Joshua from Thryft-Flipp

Industry: Utilities

Costly, But Lots of Features

Overall, I was highly pleased with the quick onboarding process. It took less than 30 minutes to have the app fully set up and my number activated. My business chose to go with Grasshopper primarily because it's a trusted and well-known name in VOIP. Grasshopper has enabled us to have a separate phone number for our business and adds a ton of convenience in that we are able to use it with their app on our smartphones.

Pros

I like that, compared to its competitors, Grasshopper offers a wider variety of useful features. Some of my favorite features are visual voicemail, conference calling, Wi-Fi calling, virtual fax, and business texting. All of those features and more are included in all of their plans at no additional cost.

Cons

There are only two things that I dislike about Grasshopper. The plan pricing is the first on my list. They offer three different plans; I have the cheapest one which costs $29 per month which includes the phone number plus three lines. Second, I dislike that in order to use the Wi-Fi calling feature, you must first disable the Wi-Fi calling feature if you already use it with your cellular plan.

Reasons for Choosing Grasshopper

We chose Grasshopper over the alternatives primarily because of their added features.

Very Basic; Room for Improvement

Pros

Ultimately this system is very straightforward and easy to use. For a small business, it provides the basic functions I need. I needed a business line so I could keep my personal phone free of business and this served that purpose.

Cons

One of my biggest frustrations is that it does not have a separate contacts function. The phone app requires syncing with my personal phone contacts which is exactly what I did NOT want. I wanted my business contacts completed separated from personal friends and family. Even the desktop app does not allow for that.

Reasons for Choosing Grasshopper

Chose Grasshopper because of the offered price at the time of service activation.

April from Echo Qualitative

Industry: Market Research

Would not recommend this

We used this to call our customers and text our customers. If they could get the glitches and kinks worked out, it would be a much better program. It was good to used for days when you have multiple calls per hour as it is hands free and you can just call from your computer. However, it is not one hundred percent reliable. The experience I had makes me not want to use it again, unless they were to fix everything so it functions like it should.

Pros

What I liked most about this software is that it provides a phone number and service that you can access using your laptop and headphones. It is easy to make calls from your computer, and you can send texts and check voice messages as well, and typed transcripts of those voice messages. It provides a professional looking phone system for your business and has a voicemail that is also seems professional and can be set up to transfer to employee's Grasshopper phone numbers or to roll over to their cell phones.

Cons

The problem with this software is that it is full of glitches. There were several times when Grasshopper sent the voice messages to the wrong phone numbers, the extensions got changed or were wrong, or the app just stopped working all together. It seemed like every week or two, we had to waste time calling in to customer service to get them to fix the problems. Also, you could not send mass texts or multiple texts to more than one person without them seeing each other's phone numbers and all responses going to all people in the group text. So if we had a group session where we wanted to confirm, invite, or remind twenty people, we had to send each text individually through Grasshopper. This involved sending a text, copying it, going back a screen, typing in the next number, pasting the text, and then sending it to the next person. It was a time waster.

Aj from CTWS

VIOP Business Phone Review

Overall our experience has been good. Customer service is quick and helpful.

Pros

This not our first time using VOIP for our business line but Grasshopper overs a fair, competitive rate and one of the best Apps to complement the features of the software. It is very stable and unlike some other software, it has all the working features of the desktop version.

Cons

Our major problem has been that twice we have had our phone number mistaken for another company. Two times, two different companies about a year apart.

Brent from Manticorn Marketing

The most features for the price

Very positive overall.

Pros

Grasshopper offers business telephone features that you will pay a lot more for with any other provider. You get a phone number, voicemail, unlimited calling, IVR, multiple extensions, and custom call management.

Cons

Lacks advanced call features you might find with other VOIP providers, and because it's a virtual phone service, you still have to use your mobile phone to answer calls. Also, the Android app is a bit buggy and doesn't always notify me when I've missed a call, so I have to open the app to check it.

Reasons for Choosing Grasshopper

Pricing structure was much more favorable with Grasshopper

MARLON from San Ignacio Resort Hotel

The Best Virtual Phone System There Is!

My team and myself are very pleased from day one with this system! Its amazing features make our job so much easier; receiving telephone calls from our international clients right from our computer at no cost to them but yet very affordable for us! Calls are also forward to my cellphone when I'm not in office and this is very important for me. This system has for sure help our business grow. We are very satisfied with Grasshopper and look forward keep on taking advantage of this reliable and affordable Virtual Phone System!

Pros

That our clients from the USA and Canada are able to get in touch with us free of cost to them. This is great because majority of our clientele is from the US and Grasshopper is very affordable for us. All calls are forwarded to our land line in Belize or to my cellphone when I'm not in office; love this feature! With the Grasshopper App for windows, calls can be answered from your computer; all you need is a headset. This system just amazes me with it's features that keep making my job so much easier! Our clients also fax us using this same toll free number and it is delivered right to my inbox; this is amazing. This system has really helped increasing our sales.

Cons

My team and myself are very pleased with Grasshopper system, reason why we are still using it for many years. No complaints at all.

Reasons for Choosing Grasshopper

We preferred Grasshopper because calls are very clear, it is a reliable phone system, affordable and it is toll free for our US and Canada clients an calls can be forwarded to our landlines in Belize or better yet; answered right from our computer using the Grasshopper desktop app! Overall it's an amazing system!

Alex from Kinter Media

Grasshoper helps entrepreneurs scale their office environment

My overall experience has been great with Grasshopper. Their customer service is awesome and super helpful.

Pros

I love how convenient and professional the platform/service is. They allow you to forward calls, make calls from and have department extensions. The customizable hold music and voicemail is awesome. It really helps startups put the best voice forward facing to their prospects and patrons.

Cons

I wish you could change what comes up on the caller ID when you call from your grasshopper number so that it can be cohesive with your brand.

Reasons for Choosing Grasshopper

I chose Grasshopper over the alternatives because of the value proposition that they bring, and especially at their price points. The platform is pretty flexible and customizable.

Rodrigo from Kiverdi

Industry: Biotechnology

Great solution for virtual phone systems

We've been successfully using Grasshopper from the last 2 years and it works as expected.

Pros

It works as expected and as promised. With Grasshopper your company can setup the main phone number of your company as professional level phone system, with recorded messages, phone directory, voicemail, message transcription and call forwarding to personal phones.

Cons

I really miss more features on the phone directly, like a feature to name the extensions by user name. With the current features it's needed to type letters of the name of the person you're searching in the directory.

Shawn from Self-employed

Great value for the money!

I have been using Grasshopper for a while now. I got the service for my business for the price and convenience. I have the mobile app and make and receive all calls on my cell phone. I use it to receive faxes from wholesalers and customers. It has worked great for me the entire time I have been using it.

Pros

I loved that everything was virtual. I can make and receive calls right from my cell phone. I like that they offer toll free vanity numbers. I can receive faxes on the same number which is great and there are 3 extensions. I also like the price.

Cons

I really don’t have many dislikes. The main thing I don’t like is that you can’t send faxes. You also cannot transfer calls to a different extension on outbound calls.

November 2015

Alexandra from ALL MAVEN

November 2015

Grasshopper is an Amazing Tool for Entrepreneurs

We've been using Grasshopper since 2013 and it's been a wonderful tool. You know your software is great when you don't actually spend any time thinking about it and it just works. Support is amazing, but I hardly ever have to use it because we never have any problems. We just opened up our third Grasshopper account for our consulting firm, and other manufacturing company. Our favorite things about Grasshopper is that there are only the flat costs, instead of per user costs. Our business works with many independent professionals, ( ie our dedicated IT person is also a small business owner) and we needed to be able to give people their own extensions so our customers could reach out to them directly, but still under the umbrella and safety of our business. Grasshopper makes it really easy to do that, keeping us professional and our customers satisfied. I would hate to have to pay for 13 extensions, when I really only need 7 users, but with other systems, for every email you add on, you have to pay for that user. You also only pay for what you use or your plan, so you don't have to break the bank. We don't take an excess amount of calls to our office, mostly email, so you only have to spend a little, you really get a lot. You can pay by the minute (which we choose to do based on our fluctuating call patterns) or you can buy a bulk minute plan, which is incredibly competitive in price. The call quality is absolutely amazing, because Grasshopper runs over traditional phone lines and not VOIP. This allows you as a business owner to run a cloud based system, but get all the benefits of landline quality. If you're a business of 1 and want to sound more professional, Grasshopper is the best way to do it. You can set up multiple extensions (press 1 for sales, 2 for support) even if they all forward to the same place. It's also perfect if you're like our business, where you require not a lot of talk time, but several departments and extensions to be able to suit your customer needs because of contractors on your team. I definitely recommend this to anyone who has large contractor teams that work on several projects together regularly and need to delegate some responsibility. Whether you're a solopreneur, a small business, or even a large business, Grasshopper allows you to take your business anywhere, any time, without problems. It's easy, affordable, and get's the job done well.

Pros

Grasshopper gets it done right. It's incredibly affordable for letting your business have a professional line without breaking the bank and there's never a call quality issue. You can also choose a vanity number which is a huge bonus (100% of my recommendations to others for Grasshopper get a vanity number.) Biggest perks include: *No per user cost - only pay for what you use, or buy a larger plan if you talk a lot *Create a ton of extensions *Mobile App is really helpful - you can dial out using your vanity number *Voicemails delivered to your inbox or listed to them over the mobile app *Call screening (personal favorite, so I can truly decide if I want to take that call or not!) *Time Zone setup for users that are maybe on a different coast then you (we use this currently)

Cons

Lack of integration with CRM. Other CRM tools often an auto dialer that allows you to associate calls with leads and so forth, and I think this would add a lot of value if it were added. Also, no local vanity numbers. Wish regulatory fees were a bit lower but can't do too much about that. Lastly, not really a con, but when you sign up, you need to call and ask them to upgrade you to the advanced user interface. There is no extra cost, but this is the you really need to make your life easier.

Response from Grasshopper

Replied November 2015

Hi there, Thanks so much for leaving such a thorough review! We appreciate your honest feedback, and love having you as a customer. :) - Mary

Barry from BBDS

Great for small business

Grasshopper truly helps small business owners with an easy to start service, great options and an overall great quality product. Some features including text based voicemail, encrypted faxes, text messaging, multiple phone services, and more. I would highly recommend this product as a personal user and have enjoyed using this product for over a year.

Pros

Grasshopper easily allows you to set up an 800 number for small business usage. It synchronizes with any phone very easily and usually takes about 5-10 minutes to begin working. Customers can call, text or fax information to the same number as opposed to having separate extensions which makes it very convenient not only to customers but the client as well. When a person calls you can choose to answer, send to voicemail, and/or check to see who is calling. If you are looking for separate extensions or have multiple employees across the state or nation then Grasshopper can provide service for multiple extensions and you can set up employees with Grasshopper as opposed to providing a business phone.

Cons

The downside about Grasshopper that I have found is that when a client calls it will automatically pop up as the 800 number you selected. This makes it easy in terms of identifying if someone is calling the business but at the cost of not identifying the customer unless you use the "to see who's calling" option before answering. This is a small issue however and as a personal business owner myself, I deal with multiple clients and customers across the state with frequent new customers whose numbers I wouldn't recognize.

Grasshopper is perfect for home, on the go and remote work businesses

As mentioned above, Grasshopper allows me to have the functionality of a full-fledged office phone system using only my cell phone. It was incredibly easy to get started, to set up and to add users later on. Every voicemail is available to listen to in the app itself, or, more conveniently, is emailed directly to me. One great feature Grasshopper offers is receiving faxes. You can use your same phone number with Grasshopper to receive faxes. Any fax that is sent to your number gets emailed to you. Even though faxing is not as common these days, people still use it. Not needing to have a separate fax number is great!

Pros

I love the fact that I can have a business phone number, with extensions, departments, transferring, voice mail and fax and it all goes straight to my cell phone (or my employees' phones who work remotely). It means that no matter where I am, I can take a call as if I were right in my office and the caller needn't know the difference.

Cons

I know this is going to sound silly, but since it's so easy to get set up and then it just works, the thing that I like least is when I do need to log back into my account to do something, it's usually been so long since I've visited the site that I need to reorient myself with the website and platform. It doesn't take long to figure my way around but rarely having to log in all the time definitely means that I need a little more time when I do log in.

Best small operations phone solution!

A cost-effective phone system solution for our rag-tag team of entrepreneurs.

Pros

Grasshopper is so simple to set up and use. I love the phone and desktop (new & amazing) apps. It's so easy to support multiple products/programs through this system and always know how to answer the call, great features, and awesome customer service staff. We've been using this for almost three years now and we still love it. Not having to be tethered to a desk is great, and having a professional-seeming phone system to increase your credibility at the same time is even better!

Cons

International calling is a bit of a headache and cost, but then again, where isn't it? The browser interface leaves much to be desired, especially if your setup requires the advanced features on the old interface only. The playback of uploaded recordings in the browser version, and recording via the browser options rarely, if ever, work. Uploading only works with MP3, and the quality is always degraded and somewhat difficult to understand.

Rian from Coastal Bin Cleaning LLC

Industry: Environmental Services

Best Virtual Phone!

Pros

I have tried other virtual phone systems, and I am happy I made the switch to Grasshopper. First off, their app, flawless! Never once has the app crashed on me. I have 3 toll-free phone numbers, using the cell app, I can simply change what number I want to call from without revealing my personal number. I was able to upload my own custom recorded auto attendant message and upload VM greetings for each extension. Bringing over my toll free numbers was a breeze, they easily stepped me thru the process. I can transfer calls and put calls on hold while on the phone, a game changer! My favorite feature, is Call Blasting. Where when a caller chooses a specific number, grasshopper will ring multiple phones at once until the call is answered! I am very happy with Grasshopper and I highly recommend it to anyone wanting a top notch professional phone system!

Cons

On the grasshopper call log, sometimes it errors and logs the wrong phone number that the call came in on. The incoming Caller ID is correct, however the GH Log will show they called Line 2, when I know it was line 1.. Not a big deal, I'm sure they will fix that soon ;-)

Response from LogMeIn

Replied June 2018

We love the title of your review Rian! Thanks for the thoughtful review. Happy to hear Grasshopper has been such an easy switch for you.

Jaron from Utah Maids

SO much better than Google Voice.

Pros

Grasshopper has been exactly what I needed. I wanted a company phone number, but I didn't want to carry around a 2nd phone or install a landline like it's 1997. I have virtual administrators who handle my customer service, and I will often need to switch the prioritization of who should receive calls first in the queue. Grasshopper solves all that with some pretty great software. The queue function, voicemail, and SMS alone are great. There are other features too that I haven't even gotten around to setting up yet.

Cons

Occasionally it has its bugs. The app isn't perfect, it's like maybe a 7/10 in terms of speed and reliability. I often get double notifications for one thing. Sometimes calls don't come through but it can't be replicated, and we recently had some login issues. Overall it's still quite good and I don't intend on switching, but it still has some things to work out before I would preach it to my friends.

Response from LogMeIn

Replied August 2018

Thanks for your review Jaron! We're always working on improving our app. You should start to notice some improvements soon, if you haven't already!

Straightforward, simple, and cost-effective way to juggle and route multiple phone numbers for SMBs.

We use it to run a "website question" 1-800 phone number that routes to different stores and remote individuals at different times with multiple options for service.

Pros

It's extremely easy to use and very affordable. You can setup custom phone numbers and create routing between all kinds of phones. It gives the appearance of having a more sophisticated setup than you really do. You can setup holding music, routing rules, voicemail, multiple users, and more between office phone systems, personal cell phones, and everything in-between. You can set hours for each number and routing rules such as order, how many times to ring, and what numbers ring to which numbers.

Cons

The only thing I wish it could do that it doesn't is record calls, and that is a big downside to me. A nice to have feature might be being able to assign calls to specific users. Otherwise, it handles everything I need very well.

Kathy from Medical Practice

It gives me new hope that Customer Service can be excellent!

Pros

I can sign in easily, I can get phone messages by text or voicemail. I can easily set up extensions for multiple people with ease. I can add new phone numbers and search for the numbers I want. There is so much I can easily do with this product, and when I have a question, the customer service goes beyond my wildest dreams for being prompt, and if they can't answer a question, I get a higher level of support immediately. They even offered to refund money on a service I wasn't getting (and thought I was). No haggling. Just reasonable people working overtime to do excellent work.

Cons

It would be great to have a lower cost for international return calls. We're an international company and there are additional charges for my Irish therapist returning calls via Grasshopper.

Matt from New Focus Films

Industry: Motion Pictures and Film

Good for price but still needs more features

Overall experience with Grasshopper is good. I've used their service for over 2 years now and I do still consider other options, but always stick with Grasshopper due to their ease of use and competitive price.

Pros

It's competitively priced and easy to use. As for functionality, it connects with whatever other phone line you have through forwarding and it also sends an email with a voice message recording. It's straight forward and works well.

Cons

The biggest issue is that when a call comes in on the toll-free number, the phone you've got it linked to will show the call as your toll free number rather than whoever is calling. It would be great to simply have a caller ID. Also, it needs texting service. Perhaps a toll free number can't work with texting but in case it can, than Grasshopper needs to get on board with it.

Why Invest in PBX Hardware?

We've used Grasshopper for years and dollar for dollar it has been a great investment.

Pros

Our company made the move away from a PBX VOIP system years ago opting instead for employee cell phones and Grasshopper. It is much more flexible and economical. The administration interface is easy to work with. Each user can have their own extension and there is a directory that works by the spelling of the user's last name. You can also set up a roll sequence for incoming calls.

Cons

It is really not the product's fault but you have to teach your users about the way voicemail is handled when using a virtual PBX. Messages coming in via the PBX number and extension are routed through Grasshopper while messages coming from a direct call a handled by the cell carrier.

Diana from Perplexity Games Escape Room Cleveland

Grasshopper allows our small business to have a professional phone presence and never miss a call.

It's been easy to use and has saved us a lot of money by not having someone to staff a phone when there isn't a need to have a person on site. The cost is very reasonable and it's completely transparent to customers.

Pros

Grasshopper allows us to manage calls with a lot of flexibility. Whether we're at our business or out and about, the customer never knows. We can assign different people to handle different types of calls, we can accept text inquiries, and we can be available for calls whatever hours we want, up to 24/7.

Cons

It can take a little longer that I'd like for customers to get through, since they have to wait for Grasshopper to answer, listen to the greeting, put in an extension, and then wait for the call to forward. This is a minimal issue though in comparison to the alternative.

Katie from Quality Youth Services

Industry: Mental Health Care

Grasshopper is used in our agency for 24 hour on-call purposes as well as a hub for incoming calls

As the office manager, the software was able to take the place of giving staff cell phones to use for On-cal purposes and eliminated the need to give out staff phone numbers to people that may abuse the availability of our staff members.

Pros

I like that voicemails are emailed to users and that they can be listened to from the email. I also like the ease in changing phone numbers that are associated with Extensions as our On-call worker rotates every few weeks.

Cons

Since we use the software for 24 hour emergency on-call situations, it it imperative that the system doesn't have outages. We have had a few experiences where the calls were not getting to the extension phone number and simply going to voicemail or showing up as missed calls, when the phone never actually rang.

Ron from Chambers Escape Games

Industry: Recreational Facilities and Services

Easy to use, convenient, and best customer service I've ever experienced

Our main business line and my personal business line are both through Grasshopper, and all of our calls are handled easily and efficiently. Very satisfied with our VOIP, and have no desire to change anytime soon.

Pros

SIMPLE. It's an easy-to-use VOIP that has plenty of features that are helpful and very user-friendly. Voicemail transcripts and auto-text responses make it a breeze to deal with missed calls, and the mobile app is well-designed and functional. My entire staff uses it seamlessly. Their customer service is TOP NOTCH. Every time I call in, they are incredibly professional, knowledgeable and helpful. Response time is excellent. Quite possibly some of the best customer service I've experienced with a software company.

Cons

Only one minor gripe: the current feature for custom call scheduling is a bit dysfunctional, and requires manually setting hours. Would not be so bad, except when I have to do it for 5 employees, it can take a bit of time. A "save call schedule" feature would be extremely useful here, to then just apply to the others.

Easy way to set up a professional business line

Pros

It was easy to set up a business phone line with multiple extensions, and best yet it allows you to have an option to send to another phone number, answer directly, or even send directly to a voicemail - all very helpful.

Cons

They give options for voice over, but typically (As we did) people record there own - but the process of recording is somewhat difficult - you have to remember a code, and it is kind of like recording your message for your own personal phone. I wish that they had more options to record, and made the process more simple.

Response from LogMeIn

Replied June 2018

Glad to hear Grasshopper made it easy to get setup with a professional business line! We appreciate the feedback on the greeting process. The easiest way is to do this from your computer, no pin needed.

Charles from Fresh Perspectives Counseling and Consultation Services, LLC

This has been a game changer for my business

Freedom, flexibility, accessibility.

Pros

I appreciate the flexibility this service gives me in being able to have a professional phone service through the cloud which means it is anywhere I am. I like the freedom of always having my phone service readily accessible. I'm able to have staff respond to client's needs throughout the day which frees me to work with clients who are in the office. Being able to schedule which staff will be responsible for taking calls has also created greater efficiencies within our office.

Cons

The only real area I would like to see improved would be for the caller id to push through rather than the indication of my office phone number when someone calls in.

Kendra from Shine of Midland

Your office on the go! Answer anywhere!

Pretty good product overall. Would recommend for small businesses. Easy to keep track of and follow up on phone calls or messages. Could improve some functionality for offices with more than one extension number and easier communication between the two. Great for smaller call volume use and offices on the go.

Pros

Great option for small businesses. Easily forward calls from the office number to your cell phone... work on the go! Easy for multiple users on a business line, can leave notes on messages for others to see, and can get the messages via email. Great features! Love that you're not tied to the desk and the phone line.

Cons

Wish you could transfer calls from one line/user to another. Have to press 1 in order to accept a call, otherwise whenever multiple calls ring it it forwards to personal voicemail. Limited with regards to multi-person businesses or office numbers. Would be great if the software blocked spam calls or had a quick option to block numbers in the future. Should never go to anything personal... this should be an option not a default.

Jennifer from Prospect Research Institute

Industry: Fund-Raising

Makes managing a virtual team's phones sound like a fortune 500

When you call my Grasshopper number, it sounds like it's a fortune 500 company, but really Grasshopper is letting me use the same phone extension, but point it to any number I want. My virtual team can point their extensions to their cell phones. Traveling in Europe? No-one has to know! And getting my voicemail via email is a game-changer. The dashboard for managing everything is easy and intuitive. I can't tell you about customer service - because I've NEVER needed it. Doesn't that just say it all?

Pros

Lots of great features, but especially being able to manage where and how phone numbers are forwarded - while the customer-facing experience remains seamless.

Cons

It's tough to come up with something, especially now that they've added a phone app. I can't think of anything I don't like.

Cynthia from Wenatchee Valley Shuttle

Perfect for remote businesses!

We really like Grasshopper. It is perfect for a small business if you need a good phone virtual system and if your employees work remotely this is perfect.

Pros

Our business needed a virtual phone system that could be accessed anywhere and Grasshopper delivered exactly what we needed! We really enjoy using Grasshopper. It keeps everything in one place where you can easily access voicemails, numbers, set up extensions etc. Really good product.

Cons

So far I have not experienced anything that would be a con per say, I did accidentally delete an extension once and I wish it would have gave me an option where it asks "are you sure you want to delete this." Either way I was able to quickly add it back on.

Jodi from Finesse Advanced Medical Aesthetics

Great for small business

It is great for a small business, but I have a feeling we will outgrow it soon. I do like the capability to text clients. It has served its purpose to get our spa up and running.

Pros

I love the texting capability we have to contact our clients. It is easy to forward when out of the office and easy to recall messages from clients.

Cons

I wish there were a way to block texts when our our spa is closed. I will get text from clients at all hours of the night. I wish there was a place to forward texts to when we receive them in our off hours. I feel the customer service is not great. I rarely call to get help with something and when I have the issue was never resolved.

Reasons for Choosing Grasshopper

Price point and user friendly.

Janet from Imed Advantage

It really makes my small business operate so much more smoother. I can take calls remotely.

Professional image to my customers and those I serve. Transferring phone calls to anyone on my team at any time, or to any phone line I will be working at. Very cool.

Pros

I like having a professional and high tech phone service, even though my company is very small. My partner and I work from separate home offices, yet we can be connected as if we were in the same office. It gives our small business a great professional image with customers.

Cons

I wish there was an automated outgoing call service. Maybe they could add that in the future? Also, maybe there is a way and I'm not aware of it, but it would be nice if calls could roll over to the next extension, if the other one was busy.

Sonia from Consumer Goods

It's a great business system for our needs

The peace of mind that I can bring my business anywhere I like and not worry about being stuck in the office.

Pros

The fact that we can send certain phone calls to multiple phone lines for our emergency line is amazing and it takes away from stressing on not missing any important calls. I can also hire someone from their home and just transfer the line, very good options!

Cons

90% of the time the email does not write the message so we have to listen and it is sometimes impossible and an inconvenience. It would be nice since you serve Canada also to be able to have the messages written in French and in English

Response from LogMeIn

Replied July 2018

Happy to hear Grasshopper has helped give you peace of mind!

Kathy from Independent Insurance Associates, Ltd.

Positive switch over, love the pricing, good value and wonderful experience overall

Lowering my phone bill is the first, having my calls follow me wherever I go is a definite plus.

Pros

Ease of use - once all settings are complete, you can have your office at your fingertips at all hours of the day. Professional way to conduct business while on the go. No complaints about the service and receiving phone calls. Seamless transition.

Cons

Sometimes the app on iPhone will not update properly and has to be deleted and redownloaded to pick up voice mails.

Response from LogMeIn

Replied June 2018

Glad to hear Grasshopper has been so helpful to you and your business! We're always working on improving our apps so hopefully you're no longer having an issue with the app updating. If you are, please let our support team know!

Vivian from Bluemoon Engineering

Grasshopper Business Phone service

Overall the system is easy to operate. Good quality sound and a great value!

Pros

Easy to set up system. Flexible, easy to use system and to forward calls and access voice mail. Simple for clients to navigate system to contact individual persons with in the company.

Cons

The function of forwarding calls to individuals cell phones is not as clear as it could be to the end user as the caller ID only comes through as the company name or the recipients name since the call originated to the company, then the individual. The system does not track the caller ID of the actual caller when the call is forwarded so you are answering blind.

JudyAnn from Bar JD

A clear, uncomplicated tool that works well for me

It is an economical, efficient system to use. The app with the little grasshopper face is memorable and cute.

Pros

I like having a transcription of a voice mail (even when it isn't really clear.) Logging in or out is simple to do. Texting is an added tool that is most helpful when people will read a text quicker than listen to a voice message.

Cons

The call logs are difficult to 'translate' when I need to see if a number has actually called us. The interface at the website for working with calls already in is not intuitive. About once a week, I must uninstall and reinstall the app on my phone to keep it working smooth. I know when the system won't let me answer a call, but keeps saying which numbers to press for certain actions, the time has come to refresh the installation.

Steve from EOD Gear Training Center Pros Inc

Scalable

Connectivity and being able to granularly get our customers to the exact person they need to speak with.

Pros

We've been able to scale up with the addition of our new employees and locations. Grasshopper makes it super easy to expand and keep everyone connected and reachable by our customers.

Cons

We are not able to forward to Google numbers. This hasn't really been too big of an issue but we do publish the Google number as our local number. It would be great to forward to this number.

Response from LogMeIn

Replied June 2018

Hi Steve - thanks for the review! You should be able to forward your number to a Google number. If you need some help setting this up, our support team can help.

Joe from The Birdsafe Store LLC

Great package to make a small business look big!

Ease of telephone use for my customers. Makes us look professional!

Pros

Grasshopper has really improved over the years, especially with adding the Desktop app. And the ability to have multiple numbers to use in different areas of the business helps. Setting up numbers and recording messages is easy. Professional voice feature is also a nice plus.

Cons

Inability to delete messages within either the phone or desktop app -- you must go to the website to delete old messages. Also the desktop app doesn't follow store hour rules, so you have to remember to "set to private" when you are not accepting calls.

Kevin from Public Records Search USA

Love it.

The price for establishing or transferring a toll free or local number is a bargain once you realize that you now have a switchboard that will route your calls to land lines or cell phones. You can create or use one of their professional voices (extra fee) to create you main message and amessage for each of the extensions that you establish. You can also receive and route incoming faxes. Call notifications can be directed to specific email addresses. You can also opt for voicemail transcription delivered via email. Extremely useful and time saving for a small business.

Pros

Value, flexibility, features, mobile app.

Cons

The setup is a little clunky, but the end result bid worth the learning curve.

beth from Concierge and VIP Travel

Easy and Reliable

I have been using this software for about a year and 1/2 and I haven't had any problems or glitches. I had a question about my bill early on and my question to the support team was answered right away. I love how easy it is to get my messages from email and they are saved in case I need to go back and listen or follow up on something. This service has been extremely reliable and it took minutes to set up, including getting 2 new phone numbers, 1 toll free and 1 local

Pros

This had all the features I needed and it was easy and fast to set up. The price was reasonable and options for additional services makes it customizable.

Cons

I don't have any cons or negative comments about this software although the price may be on the high side.

Response from LogMeIn

Replied August 2018

Thanks for your review Beth! Glad to hear how easy it was to get your business up and running on Grasshopper.

Tabitha from Wild Blue

Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

Grasshopper - Great Service For Your Company

Our employees travel a ton so this app helps keep us all on the same page.

Pros

I appreciate the sound of the gentleman's voice for the recording (it doesn't sound like a robot). It makes us feel like our customers won't be put off when we can't answer.

Cons

I love that the app now sends texts to the caller, but I would like for the text back option to be included in the price.

Bryan from Velora Studios

The best choice for an 800 number in a modern small business

Pros

No hardware required, no complex setup. Easy routing of multiple extensions to different employee numbers. Customizable greetings and hold music. Employees can hear the number before accepting the call and choose to send to voicemail.

Cons

Response from LogMeIn

Replied July 2018

Thanks for the 5 star review Bryan! Glad to hear Grasshopper is working out so well for you and great suggestion! Will share with our product team.

Earlene from Jacksonville Baggage Storage

Grasshopper

My experience is very positive. I liked when they added text messaging. Easy to receive and distinguish calls. They also provided a toll free number and secondary local number.

Pros

Grasshopper is a software product that distinguishes your personal calls from your business call. I like that I can see customers so I may always accept their call.

Cons

I have extensions on my phone. Sometimes the customer will skip over my extension which is one for scheduling. My partner gets scheduling calls, it appears that the customers that the customers don’t listen to the greeting.

Response from LogMeIn

Replied August 2018

Thanks for the great review, Earlene! If your caller ever ends up at the wrong extension you can always transfer them back to the right one. Just press ## on the call and follow the steps to transfer a call.

Oretta from FunShine Entertainment/Dacalli

I've had Grasshopper for several years. It's one of the best investments I've made into my business.

The software is easy to use and definitely worth the money. I can't imagine running my business without it.

Pros

I love the professional presence it creates for my business. I have had numerous clients compliment how professional the business presents itself. The biggest plus for me is the way my notifications are set up. When a call comes in, I'm able to decide at that moment if I need take it or let it go to voicemail.

Cons

The biggest con for me is setting up the voicemail for the different mail boxes. Somehow I always end up changing the main greeting.

Michael from SDV Office Systems, LLC

Industry: Government Relations

The service simplifies our phone service needs.

Time saving organization of our group phone systems. We have people in 4 states, all using just their cell phones for contact. Works great.

Pros

Ease of use. Setting up the messages was fairly simple because of the web sight. Once I figured it all out, the set up was quick and easy. Using the lab for recorded messages is nice but certainly not nessesary

Cons

The delay when connecting to one of our extensions however, I understand it. Most people who are familiar with your service know that it is a Grasshopper call and not a larger system.

Alyssa from Opportunity Barks

Industry: Veterinary

Great program but app needs improvement

We use grasshopper on a daily basis and it has really helped us keep track of who we've spoken to, how often they've called and what our response has been.

Pros

I love the ease of leaving notes about what was said, or when calls were returned. Easy to track calls and search feature is super helpful.

Cons

I wish the app allowed you to leave notes about when calls were returned it is difficult to go back and forth between the desktop and app version.

Response from LogMeIn

Replied August 2018

Thanks for your feedback on the apps Alyssa! I've shared your app feedback with our team for review.

Bill from ETA Executive Services

Industry: Security and Investigations

It has been a wonderful experience using the service.

Ease of use and availability for the whole staff to work on it

Pros

We use multiple lines and numbers for our different clients to call in. We have to adjust the answering service portion frequently and we can do it with ease. We have to use a client hotline as well as the guest's hotline and we can manage them remotely while the dispatch team can also from an offsite location.

Cons

It would also be nice to have the dial by name directory set up with name prompts the same as the line extensions.

April 2015

Kellyn

April 2015

Grasshopper is Awesome!

When I started my computer repair and consulting business I wanted to make sure that I would be able to take calls from clients and greet them professionally. To do this I needed to know whether my calls that were coming in were for business or personal. That's difficult to do when all you have is a cell phone. I found Grasshopper and now my calls show up with my Grasshopper number as my caller ID and it even announces calls based on what extension they dialed so I have an idea what the call is about. It's a really awesome service for me and I recommend it to anyone who is running a business who needs their home and business calls separate without breaking the bank and while still being able to work from anywhere.

Pros

Affordable pricing, Easy to use dashboard, Unlimited Extensions, Amazing Customer Support, Receiving Faxes in your Email.

Cons

No ability to send and receive text messages as this is popular among businesses now, no new feature upgrades since I started using the service a few years ago, Every once in a while a call won't go through for some odd reason but it is rare, the interface could use a fresh coat of paint while still retaining some of the advanced features. I had to downgrade to the old interface to use the Informational Extensions feature.

Response from Grasshopper

Replied April 2015

Thanks so much for the feedback and kind words! We have texting on our radar, it just isn't something we've put in the works yet. We love the idea of being able to text customers, so it's something we're hoping to add in the future. I'll communicate your thoughts on the interface to our product team. Thanks again for the feedback! - Mary

Charlena from 2 Cousins Travel

It has been amazingly easy to get started and to maintain.

Pros

The thing I like most about this software is that it's just that "software". No equipment to move or maintain or obtain. Although, we sound like we have a major desk phone with a bunch of buttons at our finger tips. Since everyone in the company works from home, It gives the client the reassurance that we are serious professionals.

Cons

I would like to see more options on the app like the ability to turn on and off an extension within the app.

Sheree from Business Services 4 U

Up to recently, my experience has been very good. Something has changed.

We can make long distance phone calls without an additional charge and we can make calls from any phone using our business number.

Pros

The ability to have calls, texts, and messages follow us to whatever phone we happen to be using is very beneficial to our business. The availability to get a transcription of a voice mail makes keeping up with our clients' needs when we can't listen to a voice mail much easier.

Cons

Up until recently making calls using Grasshopper, from our office, was very easy. All it took was to register the phone number 1 time and after that, it would be recognized every time we dialed the toll-free number. Recently, something changed, and Grasshopper is no longer receiving a caller id, which means that we have to register the phone number every time we want to make a call through the Grasshopper system, from our office. This is very frustrating since we are using Grasshopper so we don't have to pay another carrier.

Response from LogMeIn

Replied June 2018

Thanks for the review, Sheree! Looking at your ticket history we believe this is an issue with your local number carrier unfortunately. I can see how frustrating that must be so if you need help reaching out to your carrier to resolve, please let us know.

Stephen from Level 1 Medical Products

I really like grasshopper but hate paying for robo calls.

Pros

I can run my business anywhere. I'm required to be available 24/7 for my home are business. Grasshopper allows my patients to reach me anytime without going through an answering service.

Cons

I dislike paying for the many non businesss related calls. These calls are in many cases bogus robo calls

Response from LogMeIn

Replied June 2018

Thanks for the review Stephen! Sorry to hear about the robocalls. If you're still experiencing these calls, please reach out to our support team and we can look into this further for you.

Jim from Tripawds Foundation

Industry: Veterinary

Grasshopper allows us to easily host a 24-hour toll-free Helpline with a simple interface.

Grasshopper allowed us to create a new toll-free Helpline program hosted by volunteers around the country.

Pros

The simple interface makes it easy to coordinate Helpline host schedules, manage call forwarding, and facilitates message retrieval.

Cons

The Grasshopper mobile app occasionally encounters issues requiring re-installation. New web interface caused issues where support had to switch our account back and forth between old and new interfaces multiple times.