What are Join.Me users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Join.Me software through verified user reviews

1,437 Reviews

• icon"What I like most about Join.me is that is a great screen share software. I didn't expect it to be so good."
  • icon"As a tech manager, I spend a lot of time in help desks and chats with our software and applicaitons. Many of these vendors use Join Me and it works great."
  • icon"Once it's up and running it works great, clean UI and a lot of useful presentation features and meeting features."
  • icon"It is a little weird when they are using the computer and I forget and try to do something."
  • icon"If you are working with people that are not very tech-savvy, there is a need to worry. There is always some part that they can't do properly."
  • icon"We have had an issue with the external user being unable to login but that seemed to be a user error as opposed to an issue with join.me."

Browse all Join.Me Reviews

• Have you used Join.Me and would like to share your experience with others?

Showing 1 - 25 of 1,424 reviews

Company size: 2 - 10 employees

Join.me does just what it says

Muhammad Daud

Great platform for Team Collaboration

I was a member to get the Join Me selected for our organization as I found it a very convenient and useful medium of communicating with the team and external team.

Pros

Join Me is a very light and unique tool to arrange conferencing calls, one-to-one sessions, and screen sharing and controlling. It has voice clarity in calls and the connection is very stable.

Cons

Join Me doesn't offer flexible payment plans and customer services support is slow in reply. Join Me also doesn't offer an intensive administration portal for managing calls and users.

Quality and pricing

Pricing and complexity

Goran

Industry: Warehousing

May 2022

Join.Me gets the job done

Overall, I am happy with their product. I think for the money, you get a good product.

Pros

What I like most about Join.Me is the simplicity in the product. It is easy to navigate and manage the meetings. Web Conferencing was the primary tool used and it got the job done.

Cons

There were a handful of times where the video would just be poor. I would accredit that issue to the internet, but it only really lagged sometimes, and only with Join.Me out of all of our conferencing softwares.

Reasons for choosing Join.Me

In the end, we went with Zoom and Microsoft Teams as the two products. We did not choose Join.Me as the main tool.

Joel

HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE

It's been okay, but their billing practices have continuously been offensive and unprofessional. Last year they charged me for annual service without forewarning. I didn't need that many licenses anymore. Even though I contacted them on the day I was notified of the charge, they refused a refund! I ended up having to do a chargeback for the licenses I did not want. That's obnoxious. They refused to assist me with a refund even when I pointed out no warning was given of impending charges. This year, my card expired. They sent me a warning after the billing that I was going to be sent to collections. That was the first I heard from them about this issue. Talk about offensive! Then when I tried to pay, I was taken to a broken link from their email. The email address they told me to contact in their letter was no longer working, and when I logged in to pay, I was told I didn't have proper access. 3 strikes in just 10 minutes. I'm thinking my company can do without Join.me/logmein.

Pros

It used to work well before other, better software came along. Now it's useful occasionally.

Cons

Clients had a difficult time getting into meetings. It was difficult to talk them through joining. Sometimes a username/password or registration was required, other times, not. Also, it asked for email addresses of attendees which I didn't like. They don't have a right to ask for my client's email, so I always found that kind of offensive. Since there was no tutorial showing what a client sees when they tried to join a meeting, there were times where the client would run into trouble and we weren't able to help, so we had to give up on using them for certain meetings.

Courtney

March 2022

Video Conference Made Easy!

We were having trouble finding the most efficient and effective way for our team to connect and host meetings with clients. Join.Me has solved all of those problems.

Pros

This platform is so simple to use, train on and connect with. Our team has never run into issues with it and are able to use it even with clients and customers who are not as "tech savvy" as some. In the world of virtual meetings and remote work, Join.Me is a game changer.

Cons

We had some issues integrating initially, but the customer service team was able to step in and help quickly.

Reasons for choosing Join.Me

We ended up choosing Join.Me because of the platform's reputation and ease of use.

Pischanath

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

Too Expensive for student

There is the potential capability on Multi-Screen sharing

Pros

This multiple screen sharing function is magnificent and I've considered it a national treasure. As much as I know, there are no other products on the market that have this capability.

Cons

The price of the program after the free trial is too expensive for me. Occasionally user like me, I do this for my voluntary project team, so I didn't have much budget on it.

Reasons for switching to Join.Me

The screen sharing of those products didn't good enough.

Placido

May 2022

Es un buen producto pero muy cari

Lo use muchos años y siempre me dio un gran servicio y su funcionamiento fue óptimo

Pros

Su funcionamiento es muy bueno , sin cortes en el servicio y fácil de usar

Cons

Es muy caro conforme otras opciones en el mercado

Reasons for choosing Join.Me

Era y es un gran producto

Kim

Industry: Wireless

Efficient business communication.

The connection speed is well tuned in terms of connection and performance; there have been nearly no slowdowns during the conference, and the HD video quality is excellent.

Pros

Join.me is the software with which we conduct our corporate video conferences. It is used by different departments in our company to send or share documents, images and videos during conference calls. It is ideal for organizing high quality online meetings, managing meetings, ideas, events and recording calls.

Cons

We have only experienced a few minor performance issues.

June 2022

A great tool for international video conferencing

Pros

Join.Me is essential to our company for our international video meetings. I also like to use it because our clients don't have to install software to access the meetings. It's all web based. Also, the multiple screen sharing is great for larger meetings.

Cons

It's a little on the pricey side, but worth it.

Amy

Decent conferencing software

I do not use this with my current employer, but used it with a previous employer. My overall experience was positive, but these days I prefer other meeting options.

Pros

Clients joining the call did not need to make any kind of account

Cons

I had some clients have trouble getting the software to work properly for them

Barry

May 2022

pricier but worth the money usually

It's good for medium to larger businesses

Pros

It's worth the higher cost if you have lots of employees. Employees can easily join from a phone using audio or a computer using video

Cons

It's too pricey for small businesses that aren't very profitable and screen sharing is a hassle

Griffin

Industry: Gambling & Casinos

Join.Me has Revolutionized My Role as a Manager!

Overall, Join.Me has been a very positive experience for our organization! It has truly empowered me as a manager to be able to connect with and assist my team with their various technical questions and needs. It is maybe a little tricky to install, but once you get set up one time, it is a breeze to communicate with and greatly enhances your cohesion as an organization. I truly think this will change the way business is conducted forever. No more unnecessary traffic, dress clothes, and face-to-face meetings in 2020 and beyond--and luckily, the work will go on, all thanks to well-built software like Join.Me.

Pros

Join.Me has revolutionized the way I work because it has (1) allowed me to work from home (which was always my dream!) as well as given me the opportunity to assist my coworkers with their SQL & Tableau data questions effortlessly! No more trips to and from each other's desks/offices, hoping he/she is (a) present and (b) available. Now, it's just the click of a button and we can meet to resolve work issues with ease! In fact, I can even take control over my colleagues' computers (because, let's face it--I can fix things faster when I drive, right?) Join.Me has been a breeze to use and the quality is very high. It supports multiple connected users; I've never hit the limit. We've even used it for team socials in order to continue to feel connected outside of work hours on occasion! I like that it presents each person in a circle (for group view). Other software I've used has been dizzying at times--in which the algorithms move the people's faces when they talk. This one just looks and feels natural. P.S. The ability to connect with ease is greatly enhanced by the fact that you can have your own custom link that you set--and it just goes after "Join.me" (example: join.me/johnsroom). Very simple to communicate to other parties (as opposed to having long random links to look up in email invites!) Also--the audio is strong. You can either connect with your computer (which is what I do--just make sure to use headphones to avoid an echo!) or you can use a phone.

Cons

I would say that it can be difficult to get connected for people who do not have the app installed. You can either download the program to your computer or connect through the internet, but the latter option will not allow you to change who controls one another's computer. And since this is important to me, I always need my end users to download the app first. And sometimes, it has been difficult to find where to download that app/get it installed on the other user's machine. The other piece I miss in this software vs. in other competitors' is the ability to have a shortcut to mute/unmute as well as a "push to talk" feature. Zoom allows you to push the spacebar to temporarily unmute yourself; however, Join.Me does not feature any such shortcut. This is definitely an area I would like them to work to develop. But otherwise, the software is robust and does everything else I need it to do!

Reasons for switching to Join.Me

I'm not sure why we switched, but I know our company's IT department made the switch to Join.Me from Zoom. And while Zoom has its perks, I've found Join.Me to be a more enjoyable experience, mostly because of the easy-to-send custom links. Also, Zoom has issues with audio quality sometimes due to their advanced cancellation algorithms, and so I feel like you need a degree to properly present computer audio over a Zoom meeting. Join.Me has just been a simpler, more straightforward experience for me overall.

FAIBREY

Industry: Farming

Conferences and meetings simplified

It covers all our remote working needs as we communicate easily as teams and discuss important developments in a simplified video or audio conferences. We have had no troubles as it is very secure and allows full control of conferences to secure data.

Pros

This software was easy to set up in our organisation as we just uploaded a file containing company log in credentials of everyone and everyone was able to log into the software using their company credentials. In usability, it is convenient because it is available on smart phones, tablets and laptops ensuring that we link up with each other no matter where we are. Anyone can initiate a meeting in the software and invite people to join using a simple memorable link. It also allows editing the background image of the meeting to suit the agenda. We are able to link up within our organisation and also with clients as the software is flexible and easy to use. The quality of both video and audio conferences is very high and it is possible to mute everyone at once as one of its features.

Cons

The whiteboard feature is difficult to use on smart phones to keep the team up to date on what someone is thinking. It needs further development.

Reasons for choosing Join.Me

Join.me is easy to set up in every size of organisation within a short period of time. It is flexible and easy to use that it does not need special training of employees.

Morgan

Good, If Your Client Can Get In

Pros

Join.Me has a good scheduling system that sends automated invites if you input the emails. It also provides numbers for different time zones, which is nice when working with clients across the country. You can customize your background and photo which is nice as well! You don't need to worry about clients coming into a meeting that they shouldn't (for example if you're running behind and the next client tries logging in) - you can lock meetings and they have to knock to join and you must approve it. Once you're in, you can click around when mouse control is granted. This product is better for meetings with a large group and a presenter, rather than remote access.

Cons

My customers have an awful time getting connected with Join.Me. Most of them work with computers daily and while they may not be the most tech savvy, they are intelligent. The online meeting versus downloading the app seems to be an issue. I often have to advise they close out of everything and start over. If you simply want to show your screen, it is fairly simple. If you need control of another computer, this product lacks a lot of functionality, especially compared to TeamViewer. The pricing of this software feels high for what you get.

Reasons for choosing Join.Me

Pricing and seemingly simple and user friendly.

Reasons for switching to Join.Me

Our TeamViewer software was old and this had a lower price tag. Ultimately, we went back to TeamViewer.

Tony

Consistently reliable and affordable screen sharing

Join.me has had consistently great call and video quality and incredible uptime. We've had no trouble with join.me, and we've used a lot of different call/screenshare services.

Pros

I love how simple installation is, how reliable the software is, and that I can have a consistent screen share url that can be reused again and again. It makes it easy for clients to bookmark my url and quickly hop into a call and screen share to provide live support. I also love the screen recording options for creating software demos and tutorials for my clients.

Cons

The only thing I wish join.me had was the ability to me to set my conference room to allow attendees to join without me needing to start the conference. Occasionally I need a co-worker to run a meeting, and it's a hassle for them to have to log out of their account and login to mine just to start a meeting.

Reasons for choosing Join.Me

Join.me had better performance than UberConference and was far more affordable than GoToMeeting.

Reasons for switching to Join.Me

I liked UberConference's call features, but their screenshare was too laggy for use with clients.

Easy to use conference and screen share software

I am able to assist others remotely to understand how to work with different softwares by conducting a join.me meeting and sharing screens. This allows me to provide more focused help that is relevant to what they need and they can see what i'm doing and better understand how to do things on their own.

Pros

Join.me has allowed me to easily host a screen share for collaborating with other people on different projects. Sometimes you don't want to have to install and ton of software or set people up in order to just do a simple screen share. Join.me allows me to easily share and collaborate in a way that is easy for the people i am working with regardless of their tech expertise level. I like how they have both a online version and a version you can install if desired to your personal computer. And i love how they offer a free version for those of us that don't need to do it all the time and who have basic needs.

Cons

I have not ran into anything that i didn't particularly like. It has worked flawlessly for what i need it for. It could be that if you have some advanced needs, that it would be good to research to see if these are possible. But for conducting a meeting where you'd like to do more than just talk and need to share a screen to keep people on the same page, this works great.

Reasons for choosing Join.Me

It works well and is easy to use. The free version is great. It's proven reliable for my needs.

Jeff

Industry: Veterinary

Join.me is Simple and Reliable

It simply works for exactly what we need - so we stick with it. We've tried other software, and the ease of the UI with Join.me is what keeps us using it.

Pros

We've been using this software for many years now to assist in screen takeovers when we need to remote in to work on an employee's computer (updates and such). Simply, Join.me makes it super simple to "install" and get running within a minute. The UI is extremely friendly and basically does exactly what we need it to do (remote takeover) without any hassle.

Cons

Every once in awhile we have an issue where an employee has a problem installing it on a computer that already has issues. Obviously we're trying to fix the issues in the first place, so it's difficult to work with the employee over the phone to get it properly installed so you can continue on.

Ease of use in the UI

Reasons for switching to Join.Me

Join.me was simpler to implement and use.

Tom

Not bad, not great

Our company used Join.Me for less than a year but eventually we switched to other services that worked better for us. We felt join.me had some shortcomings when compared to other similar platforms.

Pros

Join.Me was a good tool for a while before we explored other options. It made screen sharing possible for us which was crucial to our business' success. Essentially, we would email over the Join.Me link and the customer would follow the link to ultimately be able to view our desktop screen. From there, we were able to remotely give a demonstration of our computer software. Once the customer was able to access the meeting, everything work smoothly.

Cons

In some cases, customers were not able to open the Join.Me link to access the meeting. There were many occasions where I needed to reschedule a demonstration because the customer was unable to follow the link to access my screen share. Granted we were only using the base model (at the time it may have been a free trial) so I am sure some of the functions would improve as we used upgraded packages but ultimately when our trial came to an end we decided not to move forward with the paid version due to the issues we had experienced. At times, Join.Me would only allow a screenshare for a specific duration of time, once you surpassed that threshold the meeting would automatically close. Additionally, the trial period did not allow us to share with multiple users, it was limited to sharing with 2 people. The other concern was I was not able to use Join.Me from my Chromebook so there were some limitations there, as well.

Heath

The easiest and best video conferencing tool for screen share.

I first heard of Join.me via a work colleague, I used to use Hangouts but now use Join.me almost exclusively. The only time I don't use Join.me is if a client or person I'm calling prefers another tool.

Pros

Very quick and easy to set up, even our clients who are not tech-savvy can easily log in and set up a screen share the very first time they use it. Join.me makes it very simple to swap between which party is presenting and also to add in different emails/phone numbers through-out the call.

Cons

I did find that it can lag a little bit when loading screens when you compare it to Google Hangouts or other similar tools, but it's a small price to pay when you consider the benefits of join.me. If you have a fast internet connection it should be completely fine, the lag is usually evident only if using hotspot with a mobile phone.

Reasons for choosing Join.Me

I found Join.me has a better interface and is much easier to use when setting up a meeting room or changing presenter roles. I also like that you can use the computer microphone or mute it and just use your mobile phone separately.

Craig

Not all who us this platform are from the business sector.

80% of our clients have never experenced this type of online interaction. We introduce a "baby-step" version for their first time with us through a entry portol email. If you want to see what they are seeing here's our company's website. "CandLDesigns.com". Scroll down just a little and click on movie. We pioneered this for the average Joe, and it's talked about constantly in reviews of us. (all 5-star). Thanks, and I hope to see these easly changed "Con's," soon.

Pros

It's exciting for our client to come into the 22nd century! Most our client's have never done this. But through Join.Me's virtual platform our client spend money and up without ever meeting anyone from our company face to face.

Cons

1 – Your ad’s. I pay for your yearly service, not the free version. I do not like when you advertise your services to my client as the meeting ends. It cheapens my company’s importance to a client. 2 – Voice over computer. This have always been an issue and continues to be. From Safari, Firefox, etc. When my client tries to download app, the download goes onto their screen. They are on my screen and can’t find download. (read to understand in “Overall”). 3- Having to explain how to get rid of name bubbles and enlarge screen. You should have immediate that offers this function. Example, “would you like to display name bubbles, YES -or-NO”. Would you like you screen enlarged, NO-or-YES”. (if YES= option of 50%, 75%,100%)

Richard

Industry: Printing

SO GOOOOOOD

It has revolutionized our ability for remote desktop support and our entire team uses it all day every day to help others with their computer issues. HIGHLY recommend.

Pros

I will always, always recommend anything by LogMeIn. I've been so impressed by this company. JoinMe and LogMeIn Central are AMAZING and by far the best software for remote desktop support and helping people with their computer issues. A little pricey, but faaaar beyond their competitors so they're worth it!

Cons

The price. It's worth it, but I still wish it was cheaper. If it was I'd have a private account for myself just to help friends and family with their computer issues.

Reasons for choosing Join.Me

LogMeIn/JoinMe is sooooo much better, in every way, hands down.

Reasons for switching to Join.Me

LogMeIn is sooooo much better, in every way, hands down.

Sheila

Industry: Graphic Design

You can customize the meeting ID and brand the meeting's background. I'm a sole practitioner so I don't need fancy integrations, but I know that the platform can be integrated with other programs. For people who conduct webinars, do presentations or meet across time zones, Join.me offers a great solution to having to travel. I've never had a problem with connections or glitches.

Pros

Join.me is easy to use and has a user friendly interface. You just provide your meeting guest with the meeting ID.They visit the Join.me website, plug that into the "join a meeting" window, and voila...you're in a virtual meeting together. From there, you can share your screen, record the meeting, and take control of the other person's computer (with their permission, of course!)

Cons

The Lite version doesn't allow you to stream web videos or record meetings, but for the price...I wouldn't complain too much.

Reasons for choosing Join.Me

I like Google Hangouts better than Join.me because Google provides other apps that allow me to function more efficiently under one umbrella, including email, YouTube Channel, Calendar, Drive, etc.

The easy and fun way to team up

We have built team work despite being far from each other, video conferencing, audio calling and screensharing has brought us together on the table to discuss things that matter and help each other to move forward. Due to monitoring by the administrator, everyone knows that when using join.me it means business.

Pros

Setting up of join.me did not take us too much of energy or resources. We chose a business package that suits our organization and accommodates it as it grows. Rolling out to fellow employees was even very easy, just loading a contacts file into join.me registered everyone and people now use their company credentials to log in into join.me. After that everyone simply created their own link as part of customization and it was all. No training was required because join.me is very easy to use. Of all video conferencing and screen sharing applications the cheapest and easiest, but delivering what it promises is join.me.

Cons

Join.me can be worked on in terms of user interface and audio quality of international VoIP calls.

Reasons for choosing Join.Me

Join.me has an option for cheap international calls and we as a multinational company, we call each other anytime to sort problems at hand.

Easiest way to connect

Join.me is a great tool for all professionals who need an easy way to connect with users via screenshare. It is simple and straightforward. Highly recommended.

Pros

I’ve used join.me for years now, and it’s refreshingly easy to use. I like that people don’t need to have a join.me account in order to use the website to connect for live meetings. I’ll frequently need to connect with users in order to troubleshoot issues they’re having. They only need to enter a meeting code to join the meeting. Couldn’t be easier.

Cons

I wish there was a video option similar to zoom meetings, which I also use. That would take this product to the next level.

Reasons for choosing Join.Me

This was by far the simplest to use.

Kathy

Industry: Writing and Editing

Join in for Join.Me!

On multiple occasions we were able to deal with a huge number of video files obtained from competitors or others who were providing research materials. Six of us were able to work on the files together, get our projects done and remain in real time touch with each other's progress, which was a huge help against a deadline!

Pros

What I liked best was the simplicity of use, unlike similar programs that required too many moving parts. Join.Me was ease of use at its best, so even a newbie can host a video conference call with great confidence. The minimal set up needed is why I recommended it to a colleague at a magazine who is not tech-savvy, she needed something that was not complex to use and that gives great results. Join.Me was the perfect choice.

Cons

While there is nothing that I 'like least,' in my experience we can go up to 10 users but looking forward, the ability to loop in additional users beyond that number might be useful. I do not like Zoom for a variety of reasons but it can sustain more users (However I do not like the look of dozens of users appearing like pixelated boxes. I would like Join.Me to up its user interface to perhaps 20 at most!)

Reasons for choosing Join.Me

Until I used Join.Me, I had not heard of it but another digital editor had had experience with it and suggested we use it rather than some of the alternatives, and it was such a hit, I've been telling others about it ever since (that was 8 years ago and we have remained loyal Join.Me fans the entire time!)

Showing 1 - 25 of 1,424 reviews